Special Recognition of a recently new Player

Started by Kirok, September 30, 2016, 02:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

All,

I want to take a minute to recognize one for our recently new players on a post he recently wrote.

It is funny and interesting and deserving of a read:

Quote from: Klizh on September 06, 2016, 06:04:48 PM

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on September 06, 2016, 04:56:45 PM

[Planetoid - Ravine]

Trying not to laugh Ruth said "Vin...Vinnie would kill you, then resurrect you so she could kill you again...in a di...diff...different way!  For letting me die."

Her speech was getting slurred and she was feeling faint with the loss of blood. "Whatever you're going to do, do it quickly.  Feel tired, just want to go... go slee...."

Her eyes started closing and she jerked them open feeling a fresh trickle of blood start from her side with the sudden movement of her jolting awake.  She knew she had to stay awake.

"Smeg," K'lizh began to panic. "Slag. Frak. Mother puss-bucket!" He stopped himself just short of screaming "Belgium" as he frantically searched the rocks for something that would conduct heat. Flipping open his tricorder, he managed to find a rock composed mostly of iron, with just enough other minerals to prevent it from crumbling.

"Hold on, Commander," K'lizh said, hands quivering as he adjusted the setting of his phaser. A low-level blast carved off the outer rusty crust of the rock, and then he adjusted the setting again to start heating it up. He began to swear again as the heat radiated down to the end he was holding,  but the rock was glowing angrily.

"Please don't knock me back down to Cadet for this," he mumbled, before carefully lifting Sigurdsdottir's shirt just enough to press the hot stone against her wound.

Great work, K'lish!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Klizh

Well this I didn't expect. Thank you! I was wondering if anyone would catch that Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference...

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Dylan Torngate

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Leonard T. Scott

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Gabriel Arthur

Awesome, man.  You've been rocking it ever since you got here.  :)

Constance Lafayette

Constance: "Your report was adequate. I experienced humor. I experienced heightened levels of stress. I enjoyed it. I will need to review the emergency medical guidelines as to the use of that rock but I find the entire episode well within the normal tolerances. Exceptional work... pending the approval of the advisory board on such matters of course."

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Steve Marshall

I want to say Klizh it was your post I read that made me consider coming back. Excellent post

Klizh

Wow. That's an honor. Thanks and welcome aboard. :)

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

James A. Hawke

You did an awesome job!  We are lucky to have you with us at the Tempest

Click on the Badge to see bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.