Posting Activity Section of Rules Updated

Started by Kirok, September 18, 2016, 01:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Fleeters,

I wanted to make you all aware that we have updated the posting activity section of our rules section.

Our old rules 'required' us to post between 5-25 times a week.  It was somewhat complex and increased as one increased in rank and position.

Our new 'expectation' is that players post once a day on average.  New plers & Junior NCO/Officer are asked to post on mission over non mission threads.  Department Heads, Senior NCO/Officer and Command Officers are asked to post once a day on average on missions.

Our hopes is that this new set of expectation is more in line with everyone's availability and helps focus activity on the missions.  Everyone is, of course, able to post more if they like.   We just ask that missions get first preference.

Here is a copy of the changes:

Quote from: John Kawolsky on November 28, 2008, 01:17:34 PM

2.6 - Posting Activity

While we do not impose a minimum posting requirement we do expect all members to be active, engaged and online regularly. We realize that post count may vary based on both real life and in mission constraints. With that in mind we set forth this recommended guideline;

Rank/Rate
Junior Enlisted, Junior NCOs, & Junior Officers:
1 post per day on average with preference for missions over non-mission posts

Department Heads, Enlisted Commanders, Senior NCOs, Senior Officers, & Command Officers:
1 post per day on average on missions

*We ask that preference be given to mission related posting over holodeck and general conversation areas.

2.7 - Leave of Absence

If you are going to absent from your SIMM for a prolonged period of time (3 days or more - anything less, then simply inform your CO), then you need to fill out an LoA so we don't suspend your account for inactivity.

Respectfully,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

This is perfect... I tend to do a post sweep when I get online and before I go to bed but this makes life much easier.  I don't think I ever was 'not active' when I didn't have a LOA put in, but it was a struggle some days!!  Thank you for amending this.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Daniel Howell

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Steve Marshall

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.