Author Topic: Spotlight on Command: Captain T'Ra Jones  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Spotlight on Command: Captain T'Ra Jones
« on: December 09, 2013, 01:27:36 am »
Spotlight on Command: Captain T'Ra Jones

In this edition of "Spotlight", I had the chance to hear from the one and only T'Ra. She has been fantastic since day one, and I wanted to showcase that in a few questions, although this is just a small piece of her talents. Here is the interview with the captain of the USS Gettysburg.

Quote from: T'Ra Jones

What has been your most memorable moment so far for you on Shadow Fleet?

There are so many, among which are the Double Post of Doom, The Kirok Pie Joke, and becoming acting XO.

In your opinion, what is the most difficult aspect of running a SIMM?

I would say the mission planning and making sure there is something for every department to do.

How did you feel when you were given your command?

It didn't set in for  awhile, but I would definitely say that it was a bit of relief in a way. It was also pretty cool because it had been something I had been aiming for awhile.

What, in your opinion, is the best part of the Star Trek fan community?

Everything.

If you could be any character in any of the Star Trek Universe, who would it be and why?

What a tough question. It's a toss up between Spock, Scotty, and Tucker. I'm not quite sure how to explain how they're so awesome. Spock is Spock, and the two engineers are funny and sarcastic.

Who is your favorite enemy in Star Trek and why?

Kahn from the new movies, because Cumberbatch is awesome. Or Q, because he was always full of surprises. Q doesn't seem like much of a villain, but he's appeared on every list I've looked at.

That's December's Spotlight! We will continue these and learn more about the people who help make this fleet the best!

John Brown

Re: Spotlight on Command: Captain T'Ra Jones
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 01:30:33 am »
Very Good T'Ra :D

Offline Jennifer Anderson

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 01:59:18 am »
Coolio Captain T'Ra

Offline Jon Tulley

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • I'd sell my soul for a new recruit.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:28:20 am »
Good to see these back!

Ah, the Kirok pie joke... I still don't get it.  :P
Deceased

Offline Joanna Langford

• Suspended Account
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 05:38:41 am »
Yep very goof to see these back indeed.

Likewise, what is the Kirok pie joke?

Species: Human; American, from L.A

Gabriel Arthur

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:12:19 am »
Congrats, Captain!

And...what can we say about Kirok...?  Obviously, the man likes pie.

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 10:25:43 am »
Congratz T'Ra you are doing great!!

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 12:22:51 pm »
Congrats, Captain!

And...what can we say about Kirok...?  Obviously, the man likes pie.

Yum, pie ;-)

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles