POTM-November 2013

Started by John Brown, December 04, 2013, 02:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Brown

As you know its that time of Month again, and Yes its Four Days behind Sorry about that your Admiral Brown got a little Sidetracked with RL Sorry but better late then Never.I reviewed the POTM Nomination's that I received I had to pick just one and this one is very excellent which Is Listed Below.

Quote from: Christian Grix on November 23, 2013, 01:11:48 PM

Henriks Á,,â,¬bols
Re: Cold Strike - Churchill
Á,« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2013, 03:28:32 AM Á,»

[Sickbay]

Although the alarms no longer roared, the flashing lights still blared, casting a slight red tinge around the room and on the faces within. And with every passing minute, Henriks's face was getting redder and redder. "Porter," he said, addressing the young ensign by name, "I really need you to clear out of here."

"But I'm sick," he replied, "and aren't we supposed to come to sickbay when we're sick? Isn't that why it's called "sick"bay?

Henriks frowned. He hadn't seen anything wrong with Porter when he walked through the doors to hop onto a biobed. "Yes, Porter. That's why it's called sickbay. You do look a little pale," he conceded, "but other than that, I can't find anything wrong with you."

"Are you sure?" Porter asked, beginning to look a little worried. "I feel really warm. I think I have a fever."

Henriks rolled his eyes. "Fine then. If it makes you feel better, I'll check your temp." The ensign nodded. Henriks pulled out his tricorder and conducted a scan in a matter of seconds. "I hate to inform you--"

"That I have a high fever and must be kept in sickbay for awhile?" Porter asked hopefully.

"Yes, eventually. What I was going to say was that I regret to inform you that you do not have a fever. You just have clammy hands. Are you worried about something?"

"Yes," Porter retorted. "Aren't you? I mean, the Academy didn't prepare us for this. Sure, they taught us facts and figures, but not how to die or what to do when your buddy dies beside you and you live. They didn't teach us what war would really be like. I know we've only just gone to war, but what Spectre has done to us already was brutal."

Henriks nodded his head. "I know. Who do you think had to patch up all the victims? How many people do you think I've seen die because I couldn't do anything to save them?" Porter didn't reply. "Right. I hate to ask you to go, but pretty soon, we're going to have need for  the biobed you're sitting on."

Porter slowly slid off, looking hurt, before silently exiting the room. "Thanks," Henriks whispered.

Lt Grix has said.
I would like to nominate the below post for a new character who has had the department land on him following Anara's unexpected departure, he has coped really well and in the middle of al the action i found this post really stood out

Commander Mike Anderson Has Said
agree with the sentiments of Lt Grix, Mr Abols has done a fantastic job in Sick Bay, every post is eagerly anticipated and I personally find them riveting. This character deserves recognition and I think a POTM award would suit for now..

Good Work, and Keep it up

Jennifer Anderson

Congratulations Henrik, well deserved :)

Henriks Ābols

Thanks! That one was particularly fun to write. :P

"Me, I see a stiff, one I didn't have to kill myself, I just get the urge to, you know, do stuff..."
-Jaybe Cobb

Pierce McCloude

Congrates Henriks, I'll get you next time... after all its a friendly competition. :P

Jon Tulley

Congrats Henriko!

This is my favourite bit:

"But I'm sick," he replied, "and aren't we supposed to come to sickbay when we're sick? Isn't that why it's called "sick"bay?

Deceased

Ezra Shanara

Bajoran
Native of Dahkur Province

Gabriel Arthur

Callie Anderson

BETAZOID

Cayden McConnell

Congrats Henriks!! Great writing

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Rennan Protheus

Congratulations great piece of writing!

Species: Betazoid       Age:33
If itââ,¬â,,¢s bold italics then itââ,¬â,,¢s telepathic!

citrus_xsinensis

Congratulations sir! And might I say very nice picture for your bio ID. :)

James Booth

Congratuloso, a very nice post indeed :)

Natalya Simonova 'Natalya sipped her drink again before turning to look at Booth "His exact words were stay away from Jimmy Booth he makes James T Kirk look like a Vulcan monk"'

Henriks Ābols

"Me, I see a stiff, one I didn't have to kill myself, I just get the urge to, you know, do stuff..."
-Jaybe Cobb

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.