Author Topic: POTM-November 2013  (Read 2066 times)

John Brown

POTM-November 2013
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:03:29 am »
As you know its that time of Month again, and Yes its Four Days behind Sorry about that your Admiral Brown got a little Sidetracked with RL Sorry but better late then Never.I reviewed the POTM Nomination's that I received I had to pick just one and this one is very excellent which Is Listed Below.

Henriks Ābols
Re: Cold Strike - Churchill
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2013, 03:28:32 AM »

[Sickbay]

Although the alarms no longer roared, the flashing lights still blared, casting a slight red tinge around the room and on the faces within. And with every passing minute, Henriks's face was getting redder and redder. "Porter," he said, addressing the young ensign by name, "I really need you to clear out of here."

"But I'm sick," he replied, "and aren't we supposed to come to sickbay when we're sick? Isn't that why it's called "sick"bay?

Henriks frowned. He hadn't seen anything wrong with Porter when he walked through the doors to hop onto a biobed. "Yes, Porter. That's why it's called sickbay. You do look a little pale," he conceded, "but other than that, I can't find anything wrong with you."

"Are you sure?" Porter asked, beginning to look a little worried. "I feel really warm. I think I have a fever."

Henriks rolled his eyes. "Fine then. If it makes you feel better, I'll check your temp." The ensign nodded. Henriks pulled out his tricorder and conducted a scan in a matter of seconds. "I hate to inform you--"

"That I have a high fever and must be kept in sickbay for awhile?" Porter asked hopefully.

"Yes, eventually. What I was going to say was that I regret to inform you that you do not have a fever. You just have clammy hands. Are you worried about something?"

"Yes," Porter retorted. "Aren't you? I mean, the Academy didn't prepare us for this. Sure, they taught us facts and figures, but not how to die or what to do when your buddy dies beside you and you live. They didn't teach us what war would really be like. I know we've only just gone to war, but what Spectre has done to us already was brutal."

Henriks nodded his head. "I know. Who do you think had to patch up all the victims? How many people do you think I've seen die because I couldn't do anything to save them?" Porter didn't reply. "Right. I hate to ask you to go, but pretty soon, we're going to have need for  the biobed you're sitting on."

Porter slowly slid off, looking hurt, before silently exiting the room. "Thanks," Henriks whispered.

Lt Grix has said.
I would like to nominate the below post for a new character who has had the department land on him following Anara's unexpected departure, he has coped really well and in the middle of al the action i found this post really stood out

Commander Mike Anderson Has Said
agree with the sentiments of Lt Grix, Mr Abols has done a fantastic job in Sick Bay, every post is eagerly anticipated and I personally find them riveting. This character deserves recognition and I think a POTM award would suit for now..

Good Work, and Keep it up

Offline Jennifer Anderson

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: POTM-November 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 02:21:50 am »
Congratulations Henrik, well deserved :)

Offline Henriks Ābols

• Experienced Member
  • Vai tu esi traks?
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:32:51 am »
Thanks! That one was particularly fun to write. :P

"Me, I see a stiff, one I didn't have to kill myself, I just get the urge to, you know, do stuff..."
-Jaybe Cobb

Offline Pierce McCloude

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 02:37:32 am »
Congrates Henriks, I'll get you next time... after all its a friendly competition. :P

Offline Jon Tulley

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • I'd sell my soul for a new recruit.
  • Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 05:32:41 am »
Congrats Henriko!

This is my favourite bit:

"But I'm sick," he replied, "and aren't we supposed to come to sickbay when we're sick? Isn't that why it's called "sick"bay?
Deceased

Offline Ezra Shanara

• Suspended Account
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 06:08:34 am »
Well Done :) Nice post.

Bajoran
Native of Dahkur Province

Gabriel Arthur

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 07:40:11 am »
Great job, congrats!

Offline Callie Anderson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 07:58:04 am »
Congratulations Henriks!

BETAZOID

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
  • Currently on Special Assignment
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 08:04:53 am »
Congrats Henriks!! Great writing

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Offline Rennan Protheus

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • I did a thing!
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 02:51:50 pm »
Congratulations great piece of writing!

Species: Betazoid       Age:33
If it’s bold italics then it’s telepathic!

citrus_xsinensis

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 05:59:46 pm »
Congratulations sir! And might I say very nice picture for your bio ID. :)

Offline James Booth

• Suspended Account
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 06:02:37 pm »
Congratuloso, a very nice post indeed :)

Natalya Simonova 'Natalya sipped her drink again before turning to look at Booth "His exact words were stay away from Jimmy Booth he makes James T Kirk look like a Vulcan monk"'

Offline Henriks Ābols

• Experienced Member
  • Vai tu esi traks?
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 11:16:01 pm »
Glad you all liked it. :)

"Me, I see a stiff, one I didn't have to kill myself, I just get the urge to, you know, do stuff..."
-Jaybe Cobb

Offline Kristanna Jordan

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 06:16:02 am »
Great post! Congrats!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles SWU True Path Wolves of Lacuna Beyond Young Justice Champions Rising