Author Topic: Columbus Crew Awards - January 2020  (Read 763 times)

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Columbus Crew Awards - January 2020
« on: January 03, 2020, 01:40:16 am »
Columbus Awards January 2020
Player Achievement Awards
Service Ribbons

Service ribbons are presented automatically by the commanding officer of a SIMM. They are usually awarded at the next awards ceremony and will always be backdated to the appropriate date.

1 Year Service Ribbon
Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for one year.
Fells Halgerdur
Alexa Costa

2 Year Service Ribbon
Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years.
Leanna Mazal

3 Year Service Ribbon
Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years.
T'Prina

ATC Graduate Ribbon
Awarded to all enlisted players upon graduation from the Enlisted Persons Course.
Sovaan

Meritorious Service Ribbon
Awarded to players upon promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer.
Aryn Corliss
Fells Halgerdur

Posting Ability

Unless otherwise stated, posting ability awards are presented by the commanding officer of a SIMM to those players who he or she feels meet the relevant criteria. They are not earned automatically.

Posting Excellence Award
Awarded in January and July to one player who has demonstrated consistent high quality posting skills.
Judith Eastman

It's not particularly easy to write an older retired character living on a space station with a lot of young people running around not always making the best decisions, but somehow Judy always seems to come through with high quality posts from a whole crew of colorful and unique characters.

Descriptive Combat Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who has demonstrated an ability to convey the action of combat in their posts.
Fells Halgerdur
Aryn Corliss (via Ryah)

The two of you make a great team when it comes to defending the station from a Breen attack to hauling in pretty criminals and interrogating suspects. We don't see a lot of combat on the station, but you guys have handled it wonderfully. 

Best Newcomer Award
Awarded to the player who has demonstrated excellence, and who joined after the last awards ceremony.
Eydis
Sovaan
Descant

I couldn't pick just one of you. I like each of the characters in their own unique ways. It's the large diversity of characters that makes the station, and missions, so interesting.

Technical Precision Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who has included in-depth and relevant technical details in their posts.
Judith Eastman
Sovaan
Descant

Again, I felt each of these members has done an amazing job in bringing tasks within their departments to life. Their knowledge and/or research really shows and it only furthers to immerse the reader in the setting.

Most Engaging Member Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most emotionally engaging, scene setting posts.
Eydis

Tholians are an interesting species in which sadly little canon information has been fleshed out, yet Eydis has dived in to this challenge and has provided us with a character that is either destined to become a fascinating new ally or the being that eventually finds a way to kill us all in their quest for most power and recognition. I continue to be fascinated and afraid of what they have in store for us.

Best Duo Award
Awarded in January and July to the two players who have shown the highest levels of cooperation.
T'Prina (via ANaLYN)
Alexa Costa

I don't think there's any denying just how cute the interactions are between Costa and her new found AI friend.

Rib Tickler Award
Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
Alexa Costa

Costa has her own way of doing things, from getting drunk and arm wrestling freighter captains during contract negotiations to setting up our XO and Chief Science Officer up on a date so they stop making eyes at each other. Her methods are completely unconventional, and often hilarious, but there's no denying that she gets results.

Extra Contribution

The following extra contribution awards are awarded by the commanding officer of a SIMM to those he or she feels have gone above and beyond what is required of them. They are not earned automatically.

Captain's Personal Merit Award
Awarded in January and July by the commanding officer, to a player of his or her choosing.
Ayrn Corliss

While I'm sad to see the character of Ayrn go, I'm glad that we will continue to keep the member in the form of Descant and a number of the creative NPCs that she's developed. I am continually impressed by how she is able to keep so many NPCs, that are practically characters in their own right, actively involved each and every month. It was no small wonder that she was chosen to be the new XO on Shran, but before she left I wanted to award her with the CO's Merit Award for all the work she's done, both IC and OOC in all the mission ideas she's helped develop and carry out.

Crew Choice Award
Awarded in January and July to the winner of the Crew's Choice Poll.
Alexa Costa
Leanna Mazal

I'd love to give this award out to everyone, but this one was up to you guys to choose. While several people received votes, Costa and Leanna tied as your top picks.

Outstanding Commitment Award
Awarded in January and July to players who are always online and posting regularly in missions.
Fells Halgerdur

This is another self-explanatory one, Fells is constantly online and posting, often several times a day both in missions and in holodecks.

Contribution Award
Awarded in January and July to players who make contributions outside of missions. These could include submitting mission ideas and helping new members settle in.
Leanna Mazel

I wanted to recognize Leanna with this award for the fact that she is always online, happy to greet people first thing in the morning and late into the evening her time, she reaches out to help everyone feel welcome and is there to answer any questions.

The Lizzie Voughn Outstanding Contribution Award
Awarded in January and July to players who make outstanding continued contributions outside of missions. These could include assisting the commanding officer with important tasks or temporarily taking on command officer responsibilities. The Contribution Award must be earned before this award.
Aryn Corliss

I should have saved some of what I wrote above to post here, but rather than repeat myself I'll just say it's been a joy to have Aryn be a part of the Columbus crew and I wish her the best going forward on the Shran.

I will leave it to Hawke to post the XO's Personal Merit Award, but for now this concludes the January 2020 Columbus Crew Awards.

Here's to a great new year!

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Columbus Crew Awards - January 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 08:43:57 am »
Congratulations everyone, they're all well deserved and testament to how much of a family we are, here on SBC :-)

Thank you for the awards I've received, I'm truly humbled and appreciate the recognition for a character that I really love playing :-)

SBC4LYF

Offline Alexa Costa

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • SHINY
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 01:57:55 pm »
Congrats everyone!

Bio: Lex Costa
Alt of Felicity Ellis

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 02:04:19 pm »
Congratulations, kiddos!

Writing on SBC has, as always, been a thrill, despite some recent bumps in the road, and I hope we'll have smooth sailing and crazy adventures ahead of us.
Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 02:12:58 pm »
Thank you so much for the awards given to me and congratulations to everyone!
If I could give out an award it would be the one 'you make playing here fun' to everyone and the 'we manage to solve problems together award', which is very important.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles