Author Topic: Season 14, Episode 1: Treasonous Assertion  (Read 22761 times)

Offline Nira Said

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 14, Episode 1: Treasonous Assertion
« Reply #330 on: July 03, 2020, 01:10:44 pm »
Ensign Danjar-Torra
[USS Discovery - Deck One - Bridge](docked to station above Tryka IV)

Torra, in true Grazerite fashion, took a long time pondering who else to take since she was waffling on either someone from Science who might be inventive if the the trail began to fade.. maybe Evandav? ... or someone from engineering who might know warp signatures really well?

She was still considering this when Lt Said arrived at her station to speak with her.

Torra blinked in confusion a moment.  The senior officer was offering help? "My apologies Lieutenant if it seems that I was soliciting for assistance.  I sent the data to both you and Commander Sigurdsdottir as the leads on the investigation, because I am doubtful that the trail can be tracked in the three hours... 2 hours 45 minutes before the briefing meeting.   I wanted to be sure that it was brought up."

She considered a moment making her decision, "Actually sir, there is something that you might be able to help me with.   I'm having difficulty selecting out a 4th member for my team... I'd like someone from science.  My first thought was for Evandav but I know he is working closely with you on your own investigation.   Can you recommend someone from the Science department?"

It was at this point in time that Gohun's call came in.

Torra glance over to the chronometer on her console in dismay and slight concern.  Where had the time gone?  The Grazerite double-tapped her commbadge to send an acknowledging chime back to Gohun, but didn't interrupt her conversation with the Lieutenan.

"Oh dear.  My first time organizing an away mission and I'm the one that is the least prepared."  She sighed and shook her horned head, standing up and bowing slightly to the Security officer.  "Excuse me, ma'am... I need to prepare.  But if we run into trouble or lose the trail...  May I call on you for your experience?"
Acting Captain of the USS Revenant
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Offline Danjar-Torra Addams

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Authorization: Tango Delta Two Three Three Five
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: July 03, 2020, 03:52:19 pm »
Ensign Danjar-Torra Addams
[Shuttlecraft Sally Ride - outside of the Tryka system]

[USS Discovery - Shuttle Bay - SALLY RIDE]

Don had entered as he saw Ensign Gohun at the Security station. "Thank you, Ensign," Don had said to the El-Aurian. The Lieutenant headed to the helm control to run the systems to see everything was ready. Engines were on line and ready. Weapons, Life Support, everything was set. He knew it would Even Gohun's prepare. The shuttles were always ready cause his team was on them daily.

What he can observe he was the highest officer. The mission was on his wife's hand. She had the team put together. He wished she try to be little faster on decision making. It was not easy because being a Grazerite.

"All right we about to launch," Don announced. He so wanted to say, boys, girls, and visitors please prepare for your departure. He would not dare cause he was high ranking officer. That made was a buffer. A head of department was another. Then a pointy eared guest was definitely place a hamper on things.

The clearance was cleared for take off. Don had gotten the Roundabout out to space with ease. Heading toward the designated area that Torra had given to him.

The crew on the Sally was under his wing for now. He could handle it. This should not be hard. Romulan space who are keeping eye on them. Unless they decide to blast them away. Don would do what he can keep them safe if he had too.

Torra was seated in the co-pilots seat but with Don's experience flying she wasn't really needed so she swiveled her seat about to turn back to Gohun and the Romulan.  While Gohun was present as security, Torra thought it best to be sure each member of their team was aware of their mission goal. 

Others might have preferred updating Gohun and Donny without the Romulan listening in, and possibly relaying intel back on their movements, but Torra was just not that suspicious a person. 

"Alright thank you once again for being a part of this away team.  I'd make introductions with our Romulan host, but as yet he hasn't spoken a word to me..."

This prompted a slight scowl from the guard.  "Uhlan tr'Ethien"

Torra smiled.  "Thank you for that introduction, Centurion tr'Ethian."  Torra had used the Federation term that had been his Romulan rank had translated to.    The man still did not look impressed.  Having already introduced herself earlier, she went on to introduce the other members of the team, Don Addams - she didn't mention they were married, and Gohun.

"Now our mission is to find and track along his warp signature that belongs to the vessel that attacked the station and planet.  If the Romulans are correct and it was the Discovery.. the trail should lead us back to the station..  however, we know it wasn't our Discovery... so this trail can potentially lead us anywhere.  I don't intend to return until we've found the ship that made this trail."

She looked to Don and Gohun, then lastly the Romulan officer.  "This is your space - your home - and your upsol that was attacked.  We are just guests here - so I hope you can work with us and help us finding who did actually attack your people."

She stood up from her seat and made a gesture of offering him the spot as the Romulan representative on the ship.
The trail was faint another day and perhaps there would have been nothing left to follow.  The trail led out of the Tryka system and onward...
Danjar-Torra's Bio - Grazerite female 6'6' (1.98m) - Alt of ShranLahr ch'Verret

Offline Ruth Sigurdsdottir

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • It's clearly illogical.
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: July 03, 2020, 05:09:21 pm »
[Outside CSO's Office]

Zed sighed lightly as he turned to look at Luby. "Well, now that we're here I suppose I should really let go of your hand. Professionalism and all that, huh?" He looked down at both of their hands for a brief second and then at the door that now stood in front of them. With a moment of hesitation, he finally let go and rang the chime to let Sigurdsdottir know they had arrived. "We should do this again sooner rather than later. How do you like your steak cooked?" He asked as he began to make plans for their next date in his head. "Of course, if you don't like steak I can always make something else. I just don't really know what foods you do and don't like and that's typically one of the easiest places to start. I suppose I really should have just asked beforehand huh?" He said as he waited for permission to enter the office.

[CSO's Office]

"It's open!" Ruth called out "C'mon in Counsellor, Cadet... take a seat where you can, I don't mind one of you 'perching' on the end of my desk or..."

She looked mischievously at the pair of them.  "If you want to sit on a knee I'll turn a blind eye, or sit cross legged like a leprechaun on the floor... just... well make yourselves as comfy as you can be in my cubby hole, then give me to low-down on your research.  It came thru super fast I was impressed!  Did you find any more info out or...?" the CSO queried.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Offline Luby Wentock

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • "Damn it, man, I'm a doctor, not a technician..."
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: July 03, 2020, 05:30:56 pm »
[Outside CSO's Office]

Zed sighed lightly as he turned to look at Luby. "Well, now that we're here I suppose I should really let go of your hand. Professionalism and all that, huh?" He looked down at both of their hands for a brief second and then at the door that now stood in front of them. With a moment of hesitation, he finally let go and rang the chime to let Sigurdsdottir know they had arrived. "We should do this again sooner rather than later. How do you like your steak cooked?" He asked as he began to make plans for their next date in his head. "Of course, if you don't like steak I can always make something else. I just don't really know what foods you do and don't like and that's typically one of the easiest places to start. I suppose I really should have just asked beforehand huh?" He said as he waited for permission to enter the office.

[Outside CSO's Office]

"I guess, otherwise you can bet she'll twig that we've been skiving for the last however long it was... I wasn't counting the minutes but it was bliss! All of it."  Lucy sighed reluctantly letting her hand part from that of Zed's.

"As for steak... I love it, and medium.  If it's not actively running blood and the epithet 'A good vet could have that on it's feet and mooing inside 10 mins' doesn't apply, I'll eat it!  But medium for preference, hopefully with a nice peppercorn sauce, or Dianne sauce... I like both!"

[CSO's Office]

"It's open!" Ruth called out "C'mon in Counsellor, Cadet... take a seat where you can, I don't mind one of you 'perching' on the end of my desk or..."

She looked mischievously at the pair of them.  "If you want to sit on a knee I'll turn a blind eye, or sit cross legged like a leprechaun on the floor... just... well make yourselves as comfy as you can be in my cubby hole, then give me to low-down on your research.  It came thru super fast I was impressed!  Did you find any more info out or...?" the CSO queried.

[INSIDE CSO's Office]

The cadet shot a worried look at Masters before stepping over the threshold, given that the door had been ajar, Commander Sigurdsdottir probably heard everything.  Then the CSO mentioned about seating arrangements and either she hadn't heard, or she had and didn't care so long as they go the work done.

"You're welcome, Commander, I just got lucky.  I knew where to look, so dragging the information off was relatively simple, I'm afraid we didn't get very far on trying to access the personnel files to sort through things, that was my fault however... I was trying to remember my Comp Sci to ... well,..."

It wasn't a complete lie, the idea was in the back of her head and she gently applied pressure with her foot to the outside edge of the one closest one of the Counsellor's to her, she was willing him to go along with her story on this.

"...basically, I don't think either of us relished the idea of reading every single file, and there was the time factor, so I wanted to create a keyword search program, that part would be a five minute job to write, or program the central computer to search the medical files...the idea being that if we put in the right keywords, it might throw up at most a handful of 'potentials'...but I needed to figure exactly what we needed... and that's where I hit a stumbling block trying to decide on all the vectors needed."

She shrugged and then looked at Zed and tried to hide a grin.  "Want me to take point on the explanations about the Romulan mimic-ship, Counsellor?  After all it's rather out of your field you were just lumped in with me to help out, which you did!" she smiled.  "Oh and you choose where you want to sit and I'll fit around you!"

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: July 04, 2020, 12:54:58 pm »

Torra was seated in the co-pilots seat but with Don's experience flying she wasn't really needed so she swiveled her seat about to turn back to Gohun and the Romulan.  While Gohun was present as security, Torra thought it best to be sure each member of their team was aware of their mission goal. 

Others might have preferred updating Gohun and Donny without the Romulan listening in, and possibly relaying intel back on their movements, but Torra was just not that suspicious a person. 

"Alright thank you once again for being a part of this away team.  I'd make introductions with our Romulan host, but as yet he hasn't spoken a word to me..."

This prompted a slight scowl from the guard.  "Uhlan tr'Ethien"

Torra smiled.  "Thank you for that introduction, Centurion tr'Ethian."  Torra had used the Federation term that had been his Romulan rank had translated to.    The man still did not look impressed.  Having already introduced herself earlier, she went on to introduce the other members of the team, Don Addams - she didn't mention they were married, and Gohun.

"Now our mission is to find and track along his warp signature that belongs to the vessel that attacked the station and planet.  If the Romulans are correct and it was the Discovery.. the trail should lead us back to the station..  however, we know it wasn't our Discovery... so this trail can potentially lead us anywhere.  I don't intend to return until we've found the ship that made this trail."

She looked to Don and Gohun, then lastly the Romulan officer.  "This is your space - your home - and your upsol that was attacked.  We are just guests here - so I hope you can work with us and help us finding who did actually attack your people."

She stood up from her seat and made a gesture of offering him the spot as the Romulan representative on the ship.
The trail was faint another day and perhaps there would have been nothing left to follow.  The trail led out of the Tryka system and onward...

[Shuttle Sally Ride - O'Kin System]

After reluctantly filing a flight plan with the Romulus Republic and surprisingly getting approval from their General, the Uhlan scowled, sitting in silence as the shuttle craft went to warp.  Here he was, a member of the Alliance, and instead of killing these Federation assassins, he was instead babysitting them on their futile attempt to fabricate evidence. 

The trip itself was relatively short, about a half hour at Warp 3, as they entered what was known as the O'Kin system.  Here on the far reaches of even Romulan Space, O'Kin was an unknown to the Federation.  A small red dwarf less than half the size of Sol, yet still had the gravitational pull to hold 7 planets outside of an asteroid belt orbiting the star itself.  Of those seven, 6 of them were ice worlds.  O'Kin II, the first full planet in the system, had a trace atmosphere. None of the worlds showed any kind of advanced life, though O'Kin III had evidence of an ancient civilization. 

The ion trail that ended in the system seemed to change completely, though it was clearly still the trail of an ion engine, just a different type.  A Romulan type.  And that new trail went out to the second to last planet, O'Kin VII.  There the trail was fuzzy, but the reason was immediately apparent; electromagnetic storms ionized the atmosphere, leading a very convenience natural shield for hiding.  In addition, there were other trails, at least three ships had passed through in the last two days.

For the first time since he had been assigned to watch the Federation types, Uhlan tr'Ethien was curious.  Even if the Federation had the technology to switch ion signatures, or fake one... why would they fake a Romulan signature after leaving the site of the attack?  Surely any Romulan following the ship would have noticed and reported back... but why flaunt themselves as the Federation as the attack, leave, change ion signatures, go to this planet, and then circle around and pretend they didn't do anything?

"Wait... we sent ships to follow yours when you left the system.  We never heard back from them.  We assumed they were either still chasing or.... lost." The Romulan was betraying a hint of concern.  And even... just a trickle of doubt.

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: July 04, 2020, 05:13:53 pm »

[Shuttle Sally Ride - O'Kin System]

After reluctantly filing a flight plan with the Romulus Republic and surprisingly getting approval from their General, the Uhlan scowled, sitting in silence as the shuttle craft went to warp.  Here he was, a member of the Alliance, and instead of killing these Federation assassins, he was instead babysitting them on their futile attempt to fabricate evidence. 

The trip itself was relatively short, about a half hour at Warp 3, as they entered what was known as the O'Kin system.  Here on the far reaches of even Romulan Space, O'Kin was an unknown to the Federation.  A small red dwarf less than half the size of Sol, yet still had the gravitational pull to hold 7 planets outside of an asteroid belt orbiting the star itself.  Of those seven, 6 of them were ice worlds.  O'Kin II, the first full planet in the system, had a trace atmosphere. None of the worlds showed any kind of advanced life, though O'Kin III had evidence of an ancient civilization. 

The ion trail that ended in the system seemed to change completely, though it was clearly still the trail of an ion engine, just a different type.  A Romulan type.  And that new trail went out to the second to last planet, O'Kin VII.  There the trail was fuzzy, but the reason was immediately apparent; electromagnetic storms ionized the atmosphere, leading a very convenience natural shield for hiding.  In addition, there were other trails, at least three ships had passed through in the last two days.

For the first time since he had been assigned to watch the Federation types, Uhlan tr'Ethien was curious.  Even if the Federation had the technology to switch ion signatures, or fake one... why would they fake a Romulan signature after leaving the site of the attack?  Surely any Romulan following the ship would have noticed and reported back... but why flaunt themselves as the Federation as the attack, leave, change ion signatures, go to this planet, and then circle around and pretend they didn't do anything?

"Wait... we sent ships to follow yours when you left the system.  We never heard back from them.  We assumed they were either still chasing or.... lost." The Romulan was betraying a hint of concern.  And even... just a trickle of doubt.

Torra hadn't expected the trail to lead to a system so close by.  Nor had she expected to have more warp signatures in the vicinity. Hearing that the ships that had been sent to follow the attacking ship hadn't reported back in, Torra rose from her new spot behind the copilot seat and leaned between Don and tr'Ethien to run a scan for any sign of debris.

"There's no significant debris fields to indicate any sort of battle in the area." she stated, pointing out the results to the Romulan.  "We're going to need to get closer to O'Kin VII to scan if anything is on the planet."  It was risky.

"Gohun, can you please use the comms beside you to contact the Discovery to update Commander Sigurdsdottir and T'Lara with our current location and findings.  Inform them we are approaching the seventh planet to investigate further."

She then looked to her husband.  "Donny, please bring us in closer to O'Kin VII"

Offline Don Damien Addams

• Approved Applicants
  • Honoured Member
  • Test
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: July 04, 2020, 10:28:43 pm »
[Space - Shuttle Sally]

Don turned a bit to the Romulan guest. "You seemed concern," he said. That was a statement. "Interesting though," he added.

Torra hadn't expected the trail to lead to a system so close by.  Nor had she expected to have more warp signatures in the vicinity. Hearing that the ships that had been sent to follow the attacking ship hadn't reported back in, Torra rose from her new spot behind the copilot seat and leaned between Don and tr'Ethien to run a scan for any sign of debris.

"There's no significant debris fields to indicate any sort of battle in the area." she stated, pointing out the results to the Romulan.  "We're going to need to get closer to O'Kin VII to scan if anything is on the planet."  It was risky.

"Gohun, can you please use the comms beside you to contact the Discovery to update Commander Sigurdsdottir and T'Lara with our current location and findings.  Inform them we are approaching the seventh planet to investigate further."

She then looked to her husband.  "Donny, please bring us in closer to O'Kin VII"

"Ensign Danjar-Torra," Don addressed to his wife. "It is Lieutenant please address me in proper," he told her with a stern tone. Not liking to say it. It was true. The rest most got it. It was a mission. They called him by his name and not by rank then he would need to speak to them individual to correct them. They had a Romulan guest as well who would judge and report on his impression. Every action need to be proper and right.

"As you wish, Ensign, he said.

Then he adjusted the controls to take them forward to O'Kin VII for them scan the planet. "Please start scanning for the warp signatures you are looking," he address to them.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:30:56 pm by Don Damien Addams »

Offline Zed Masters

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: July 05, 2020, 03:15:25 am »
[CSO's Office]

[Outside CSO's Office]

"I guess, otherwise you can bet she'll twig that we've been skiving for the last however long it was... I wasn't counting the minutes but it was bliss! All of it."  Lucy sighed reluctantly letting her hand part from that of Zed's.

"As for steak... I love it, and medium.  If it's not actively running blood and the epithet 'A good vet could have that on it's feet and mooing inside 10 mins' doesn't apply, I'll eat it!  But medium for preference, hopefully with a nice peppercorn sauce, or Dianne sauce... I like both!"

[INSIDE CSO's Office]

The cadet shot a worried look at Masters before stepping over the threshold, given that the door had been ajar, Commander Sigurdsdottir probably heard everything.  Then the CSO mentioned about seating arrangements and either she hadn't heard, or she had and didn't care so long as they go the work done.

"You're welcome, Commander, I just got lucky.  I knew where to look, so dragging the information off was relatively simple, I'm afraid we didn't get very far on trying to access the personnel files to sort through things, that was my fault however... I was trying to remember my Comp Sci to ... well,..."

It wasn't a complete lie, the idea was in the back of her head and she gently applied pressure with her foot to the outside edge of the one closest one of the Counsellor's to her, she was willing him to go along with her story on this.

"...basically, I don't think either of us relished the idea of reading every single file, and there was the time factor, so I wanted to create a keyword search program, that part would be a five minute job to write, or program the central computer to search the medical files...the idea being that if we put in the right keywords, it might throw up at most a handful of 'potentials'...but I needed to figure exactly what we needed... and that's where I hit a stumbling block trying to decide on all the vectors needed."

She shrugged and then looked at Zed and tried to hide a grin.  "Want me to take point on the explanations about the Romulan mimic-ship, Counsellor?  After all it's rather out of your field you were just lumped in with me to help out, which you did!" she smiled.  "Oh and you choose where you want to sit and I'll fit around you!"

[CSO's Office]

Zed entered directly behind Wentock as he realized the door was slightly ajar as they spoke outside. 'Medium huh? Good taste, I like that.' He thought to himself as he entered the room. "I'll just stand, but thank you. L-...Ms. Wentock, I'll let you take the lead on that. My specialties lie in Federation engineering, arts, and people. Don't let her sell herself short though, her finding that info so quickly wasn't just luck. As for the keyword search, we also had to contend with redactions. While I have access to look at any personnel file completely without those redactions, I happen to be the only person on this ship with that privilege. Implementing that blended with my credentials to search those blackouts in the files proved to be a slight challenge." He figured it was better if the two of them doubled down on the same story instead of contradicting one another.

"Though I'm sure if I was with Ms. Wentock for any longer we could do quite a bit more." The last sentence had a bit of a double meaning of course. He shot Luby a knowing look and then let his eyes return to Ruth as he fought back a slight mischievous smile.

Offline Evandav Bervarn

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Nira Said

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Acting Captain of the USS Revenant
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: July 05, 2020, 11:07:17 am »

[Space - Shuttle Sally]

Don turned a bit to the Romulan guest. "You seemed concern," he said. That was a statement. "Interesting though," he added.

"Ensign Danjar-Torra," Don addressed to his wife. "It is Lieutenant please address me in proper," he told her with a stern tone. Not liking to say it. It was true. The rest most got it. It was a mission. They called him by his name and not by rank then he would need to speak to them individual to correct them. They had a Romulan guest as well who would judge and report on his impression. Every action need to be proper and right.

Then he adjusted the controls to take them forward to O'Kin VII for them scan the planet. "Please start scanning for the warp signatures you are looking," he address to them.

[O'Kin VII - Near the planet]

The closer the Sally Ride got to the planet, the stronger the sensors got as they were able to get more power through a smaller distance.  The trails went around the planet from where they were, but as the shuttle got closer, the truth started to get revealed. 

Evidence of debris, ion explosions, disruptor fire.  Hawking radiation fading out told of the destruction of a singularity warp drive.  Romulan ships that had a warp core failure rarely left a lot of debris due to the small black hole pulling parts of the ships into it as it evaporated away, but even if parts from all three ships could not be accounted for; it was clear that the signatures of the debris they could scan showed multiple ships. 

There was no phaser fire, no photon torpedoes.  It was clearly disruptor fire and the same residual photon residue that they detected down on the Alliance headquarters.  The implications were obvious; they too were victims of this ship attack. 

"That's... not possible.  Those were three of the strongest vessels we had.  Two Valdore class and a D'deridex class capital ship.  One of the only two we had.  There is no way even your ship could have taken all three out... and survived."

Offline T'Lara

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: July 05, 2020, 03:12:39 pm »
[Romulan Tribunal Court - Day 2]

The time had come, and T'Lara had made sure everything was taken care of for her own crew and their Romulan security guards before she took a shuttle to the station. Upon entering the dark room, she took a seat at the defense table. She had no idea if she was early or late, as she had not been informed when she was requested. There was one member of the prosecution, but no one else so far. T'Lara chose not to acknowledge the Romulan as she looked forward, waiting for the proceedings to begin. While she did so her mind ran through all the things she had learned in this short period of time. The question was how was she going to bring them to light, and what did this mean for the future of the Romulan people and the Federation?

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Offline Zavrol Gohun

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: July 05, 2020, 10:09:55 pm »

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:14:41 pm by Zavrol Gohun »

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: July 06, 2020, 12:39:52 am »

[Space - Shuttle Sally]

Torra seemed surprised and then momentarily embarrassed by her lapse in protocol.  Underneath her tan fur, her face flushed. 

With her attention on her sensors Torra didn't really pay attention to the security crewman's activity or she might have questioned why he'd sent out a probe without first consulting her or Donny.  Personally she thought it was a wise precaution, and would have approved it the idea but at only informed after the fact she found herself unhappy with him.  Even his calling her Captain irritated.   

This negative perception had her doubting his assessment of the situation. Maybe she was also passing on Donny's reprimand of her further down the line.

"Crewman, that is an assumption - not fact.  We deal in facts.  The interference with the comms could be due to the electromagnetic storms. Also I had asked you to contact the Discovery over the comms... not make unilateral decisions on what to do if that wasn't possible. But I suppose what's done is done. Next time check with myself or Lt Addams before launching probes, stating your opinion on the situation." 

Torra frowned - it was rare for her to be upset at others.  She took a long slow breath and tried to look at the situation calmly.  She wondered if it was this ionization that was wreaking havoc with comms?  A small niggling worry in the back of her mind suggested that loss of comms could"For now we will continue on our task."

However the interference was bad and it only seemed to get worse.  "Get us out of here now, Lieutenant.  Full evasive?" her words came out sounding a bit panicked and uncertain.

Offline Don Damien Addams

• Approved Applicants
  • Honoured Member
  • Test
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: July 06, 2020, 02:34:00 am »

Torra seemed surprised and then momentarily embarrassed by her lapse in protocol.  Underneath her tan fur, her face flushed. 

"Crewman, that is an assumption - not fact.  We deal in facts.  The interference with the comms could be due to the electromagnetic storms. Also I had asked you to contact the Discovery over the comms... not make unilateral decisions on what to do if that wasn't possible. But I suppose what's done is done. Next time check with myself or Lt Addams before launching probes, stating your opinion on the situation." 
Torra frowned - it was rare for her to be upset at others.  She took a long slow breath and tried to look at the situation calmly.  She wondered if it was this ionization that was wreaking havoc with comms?  A small niggling worry in the back of her mind suggested that loss of comms could"For now we will continue on our task."

Don looked up at the ceiling. This small space trip was falling apart. What had they taught at Starfleet academy! Don thought. It was terrible embarrassing front of the Romulan. Like he had enough on his plate.

"Cadet Gohun, Ensign Torra-Addams is correct," he shared. "Actions like sending a probe could be fatal mistake," he said. "You are all fine officers. Please no more mishaps." There was going to be reports made on this mission. He will have to talk to the Security and Operations head departments too. Torra had to be treated equal too.

However the interference was bad and it only seemed to get worse.  she asked Donny.

"That I can do, Ensign," Don replied happily and he brought Sally Ride close as possible.

"Get us out of here now, Lieutenant.  Full evasive?" her words came out sounding a bit panicked and uncertain.

Don was quick as lightning as he was making the Sally Ride to get them out. "Shields up," he told them. "Try contact the Discovery on our discovery," he ordered.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles