Author Topic: Forum Security Update  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Forum Security Update
« on: July 14, 2007, 09:00:39 pm »
Forum Security Update

This evening, the forums will be going down for a Update to security and increase the security rating for the Forums. Here is a basic definations of what will be happening. I won't revel everything.

A: Upgrade of forums from SMF to 1.1.2 with security patches and fixes to outstanding bugs.

B: Maintenance to the sql database.

C: Increasing security to registeration and profile. Examples is visual security going up and the password security increase. This is due to hacking of the server recently and I would like it to stop future hacks of either server or forums which has a in direct link if you know how to decyper it to the server. (extremely hard)

D: In the next few weeks, an security update will be added to the CMS, the website to increase the registration security protocols and fix a few issues to the admin/sql link problems. Stuff most of you never really see.

This is what I am planning and hope to have it done pretty fast. For future notes, Admiral Jayvek has been doing weekly backups of the sql db since I showed her how while I'm dealing with RL problems.

In regards,

Christopher Blaisdell
Shadow Fleet Owner
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles