Starting Lines (Wu/Jaeger)

Started by Alexander Wu, February 21, 2018, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander Wu

The flyer was light, which meant she was built with thin walls and even thinner door panels. Initially, Alex figured Ardyn was just too nervous, or excited to sleep. When she retched, he glanced back, frowning. We're traveling in a straight line, what's she going to be like when we start pulling Gs? More concerningly, he had never seen her this way before on Discovery. Turning back to the impulse drive schematics he was reviewing, Alex tried to settle back into his chair distractedly.

"Damn it." He finally muttered to himself, tossing the PADD onto the console and getting up. Stretching his stiff legs and back with a grimace, Alex went into the rear section, squinting in the dim lighting while softly making his way to the lone occupied bunk. "Ardyn," He spoke softly, incase she really was asleep, "You feeling alright?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Ardyn Jaeger

Ardyn rolled over, facing Alex. "Ehh, that's debatable." Sitting up to try to settle her stomach, she looked at him for a bit. He really should know the truth. I can't keep this lie going.[i/] "It's a long story."

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Alexander Wu

"I've got time." Alex looked behind him for a moment, and then went to drag a chair up to the bed. "And so have you. About 36 hours of time." He frowned as light from the open hatchway flickered over her face when she sat up. She looks like hell...maybe I shouldn't have brought her along after all. "You look like you haven't slept in days." He paused, feeling somewhat guilty. "I guess I had a hand in that."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Ardyn Jaeger

You have no idea just how much of a hand you had in that She thought, trying to put what she was going to say in words. "You know that... incident we had, during the Polywater epidemic that went through the Disco? Well... I got pregnant from that." She said, putting a hand on the slight bump where the baby was. "I know, I should have told you earlier, and I really regret that now."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Alexander Wu

A thousand merdes. Tabernac osti de calice this cannot be happening. "You got..." Alex gaped at her, speechless as his mind was wiped blank. The first question to pop in his mind, Á¢â,¬ËœAre you sure?' seemed like the wrong thing to say. Á¢â,¬ËœHow did this happen?' was equally as droll. Finally he swallowed, hard. "Ardyn...I...I don't know what to say." Alex shook his head. A thousand questions and he couldn't think of the words to say a single one. "When did you find out?" He finally asked.

Ardyn Jaeger

Ardyn watched the shock cross Alex's face like a tidal wave "It's coming up on two months since I found out. The doc says I'm about 14 weeks along." She said, running her hand through her hair. I kept it a secret because... well, there's lots of reasons."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Alexander Wu

"Lots of reasons." He repeated and paused to collect himself, staring at the woman sitting in bed across from him. Inside her, apparently, was their child. Theirs. Alex wasn't ready to be a father, hadn't even thought about it before now. At least, he hadn't thought about it seriously. Maybe someday, when he was retiring or on his way out of Starfleet, having met the right person. The right, Ms.Perfect. But like this? He swallowed again, closing his eyes for a second. This was no dream though, and nothing could will it away. "14 weeks. Ardyn...what possible reasons could you have to not tell me?"

Ardyn Jaeger

Ardyn sighed. "Stubbornness, pride, embarrassment...Stuff like that. It's going to be a scandal any way you put it, so I put off telling anyone." She gave an honest gaze. "This wasn't supposed to happen, but it did."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Alexander Wu

Tabernac. Alex sighed, shaking his head. "I still can't believe it." He muttered, leaning forward. It had all just been falling into place. He had finally started feeling like things were settling down, now only to be tossed through the rapids again. "Okay." Alex took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. Ardyn, though hotheaded and stubborn, wouldn't lie about something like this. "So what are we going to do now?" He hated how objective he sounded, but one of them had to say it.

Ardyn Jaeger

"I'm not sure. My original plan was to go on leave and have the kid in secret, then give it up to someone who knows how to take care of kids, or keep the baby, whatever sounds right at the time. I don't know." She sighed; "I'm not going to end the pregnancy. I don't need any more people to pay the price for my stupidity."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Alexander Wu

Alex felt numb as Ardyn spoke. She had planned, planned to keep this secret. To have given the baby up, by her decision alone. He knew anger wasn't what she needed to hear at the moment, but it still slipped harshly into his tone. "You would've considered letting this child, our child, grow up without parents? Without even telling me, or asking my opinion? How could...what the hell gave you the right?"

Ardyn Jaeger

"It was an option I was exploring. I didn't know if you would have wanted the baby or not. I'm not sure if I would want the baby when the time came." Ardyn shouted defensively. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I want what's best for this kid too, honest."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Alexander Wu

"Sacrement, Ardyn." Alex stood abruptly, stalking to the end of the cabin, which wasn't very impressive as it only took four steps. Resisting the urge to punch the wall, he sighed again, swallowing his anger before turning back towards her. "So what now? Have you decided?"

Ardyn Jaeger

"Right now, I still don't know, but I think I want to keep this baby." She sighed and began fidgeting with the blankets, feeling very unsure about everything right now.   "It's not going to be easy, that's for sure, what with being on call all the time with our jobs, and..." She trailed off.

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Alexander Wu

"Ardyn." Alex shook his head, slowly returning to his seat by her side. He felt drained, exhausted. "When I was young, my sister and I were off-world when the Breen attacked. Mom and Dad were in San Francisco."

He bit his tongue, giving her a quick glance. It wasn't often he spoke about this particularly painful chapter of his life, one of many tucked deep inside the recesses of his mind. "We grew up continents apart with grandparents who...well, let's just say they hadn't exactly approved of our parents being together in the first place. I don't intend on letting this baby...our baby, suffer the same fate I had to. And I'm not going to let you do it alone."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.