Left Ear to-Ennien reporting in (2-18-18)

Started by Left Ear to-Ennien, February 19, 2018, 12:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left Ear to-Ennien

This is a non-canon character based off of the TOS novel Uhura's Song, so I understand it may not be accepted. I have extensive info on the culture, physical features, etc. for this character. I included as much as I could organically into the bio and sample post, but I am happy to answer any further questions and below are relevant links.
Memory Beta: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Sivaoan
Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhura%27s_Song
My notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TYExEIsowEUci2BhepLydYsQ9aTglgP3ahQRfrSK9aM/edit?usp=sharing

Character Details

Character Name:
Left Ear to-Ennien

Character Age:

Character DOB:
Earth date - 2 December 2371

Character Image:

Character Species:
Sivaoan

Character Family:
Left Ear was born on Sivao to her mother Settlesand to-Vensre and her father Brave Tongue to-Ennien. She has two full siblings her age - Rushlight and Knots, four older half siblings and three younger full siblings.

Her mother is a bard and diplomat to their sister world Eeiaou; her father is also a representative there. Her mother's youngest litter still lives with her on Eeiaou, while her brothers have both returned to Sivao.

Character Bio:
Left Ear is about 5'5, not including her ears; her coat is mostly white, with cream, brown and black markings. Most notably, her left ear is solid black and she has a black smudge across her nose, giving her a slightly comical look.

She walks upright, but can drop to all fours to move quickly when needed. Her forepaws have longer fingers than her hind paws, but not as long or as independent as human fingers. She has a very long, prehensile tail that can be used to pick things up. Mostly it's used to express emotions or show friendship. Her people have perfect recall and tend to not use technology. What they do use is as beautiful as it is functional. Left Ear has her own medical scanner that she prefers to use when she can get away with it.

Her people don't wear clothing so rather than a full uniform, she wears a black harness with inset panels of the appropriate color for her area. The harness crisscrosses front and back and has a belt around her waist with a couple of pouches and a place for a tricorder and weapon.

Left Ear was born on Sivao, but from the age of eight, she was raised on Eeiaou where she met many other races. Neither Sivao nor Eeiaou are members of the Federation, they have all had fairly good relations since the USS Enterprise reunited the two planets over a hundred years ago during the Long Death on Eeiaou. Since then, there have been delegations between the two planets, but two thousand years of divergent development still requires neutral mediation occasionally. There is usually at least one Federation ambassador assigned to Eeiaou to keep the peace.

Peacekeeping was often needed between the young Sivaoans and Eeiaouans. Left Ear was friendly with a male Eeiaouan her age until she started talking about returning home to participate in her Walk to officially become an adult. Well, Walks with no Shadows made a disparaging remark - something about 'primitive practices' and Left Ear lost her temper. She called Shadow a fuzz-brain and got herself shoved into a nearby pool. Eeiaouans had adapted to swimming, but most Sivaoans still hated water and Left Ear most definitely could not swim. She caught Shadow with her tail around his wrist as she fell in, yanking him in after her. He swam to the side and pulled himself out, but Left Ear began floundering, unable to stay above water. A moment later, the Vulcan ambassador Sovek dove into the water and got her to safety. Her enmity with Shadow and friendship with the ambassador were cemented from that moment.

At the age of fourteen, Left Ear boarded a Star Fleet ship that would return her to her home world. Aboard the ship, she met a Betazoid girl about her own age, named Aleigha Tabor. They became fast friends. Aleigha was fascinated with the fact that Left Ear, indeed all of her people, had no telepathic ability whatsoever.

Left Ear participated in her walk with her brother Rushlight and three other youngsters. They traveled for six days through the forest from Ennien to Allanien. The trip went well. They only encountered a few grabfoots and a pair of aggressive slashbacks, which they dispatched with our knives and spears. Upon arrival, they each declared their adult names. Rushlight kept his given name, but chose to-Allanien as his second name. Left Ear shocked everyone by choosing to keep both her names. There was a saying: 'To be born to-Ennien is bad; to choose it is worse.' But she liked her name.

The Star Fleet ship had remained in orbit of Sivao as its captain had business there, so Left Ear was able to return to Eeioau as soon as she'd finished her Walk. She'd been offered a training position with Eeiaouan healers while she decided what she wanted to do. Left Ear was becoming a bard in her own right, mostly singing, but she played the lute as well; but on the way to Eeiaou, Aleigha talked to her about the possibility of joining Star Fleet. Left Ear agreed to consider it, and the two remained in contact for the next few years.

Left Ear trained as a healer, and when she was old enough, took the Star Fleet entrance exam. Aleigha would be attending as well and they'd go to medical school together. Left Ear didn't know until they were on the ship to Earth that Shadow had also taken the entrance exam and would be attending the Academy. She steered clear of him, and any time they were near one another, she glared at him and lashed her tail.

Left Ear enjoys the varied peoples and foods she encounters at the Academy. She and Aleigha hope to be posted aboard the same ship, but know it's not likely.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience:
D&D, D20 Modern, Star Trek Tabletop (with this character, mostly as is)

Department Preference:
Medical

Secondary Department Preference:
Security - athleticism and natural weapons (I can modify the backstory to fit this role better)

Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian:
Commissioned

Sample post:
Left Ear lounged in her colorful swagger-lair, high in a tree on the holodeck. Aleigha perched in the V of the branch to which the usefuls were attached, not brave enough to make the leap into the swinging hammock. Left Ear had never been able to convince her to try it.

'One more final to go,' Left Ear said with a huge yawn, showing off all of her sharp teeth. She stretched her legs over the side of the hammock, extending her claws.

'I know,' Aleigha answered. 'Then you'll be a fully-fledged doctor and I'll be a psychiatrist.'

'I was already a doctor, really, I just had to learn all the technology' Left Ear replied, swishing her tail. She reached into the basket set on the wide branch with Aleigha and grabbed a piece of fruit, lazily bringing it to her mouth with the tip of her tail. She popped the whole thing between her teeth and gave it a couple of chomps before swallowing it.

Their combadges chirped and they both groaned as the measured voice came over the link.  =/\= Cadets to-Ennien and Tabor, please report to the dean's office. You have a visitor.  =/\=
They looked at each other quizzically.
=/\= On our way.  =/\= Left Ear replied, tapping the combadge attached to her harness.

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet? I've been here. :D

Kirok

Lefty,

Thank you for the application.

First question, who do you currently play here or have most recently played here?

Second, the body of the application is good, but a canon species would be preferred.  If you can switch the species to Caitian it would be accepted.

Third, there are only a few images that I could find for Caitian's.  But I and several others here would be happy to help you search for on if you need help ;-)

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Left Ear to-Ennien

I play Ozu Saya.

I'd rather not play a Caitian. They are entirely different and I don't care for them or the other two canon felinoid species. It's fine if it won't work out. Just wanted to try.

Kirok

Quote from: Left Ear to-Ennien on February 19, 2018, 09:03:40 AM

I play Ozu Saya.

I'd rather not play a Caitian. They are entirely different and I don't care for them or the other two canon felinoid species. It's fine if it won't work out. Just wanted to try.

Ozu,

Thanks for understanding.   I'm bound by our rules.
But should you find a canon species you want to play, let us know!
You are an active player and Im sure you would bring life to a new character easily.

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Left Ear to-Ennien

If you ever change the rules about allowing Beta species...this one would be awesome.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.