S2-M3 CSI Starbase: Loss of Control

Started by Fala Awen, February 18, 2018, 11:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardyn Jaeger

[Shuttlebay, 0900]
Ardyn came in, late as usual, a little raptor right behind her, its long claws clicking  on the metal floor. Nodding to the others as the new captain spoke to them, she scanned the room, looking for someone. She wasn't technically a part of the Shran crew any more, but she was going to miss this good bunch of people.

Finding Garrison in the crowd, she came over, Raptor in tow. "You're good with computer science, right? Well, I have someone you might like to meet."

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Kalro Zolarim

USS Shran - Odyssey Class - Shuttlebay

Kalro watched as the formalities of command transfer unfolded at the front of the room.  Finally, it came time for their new CO to speak.

"Crew of the USS Shran, as you know, I am Acting Captain Fala Awen, your new Commanding Officer. I have heard about the courage and ingenuity of the Shran crew and I am proud to now call it my home as well. I look forward to working with each of you. I have a few announcements to make."

Kalro regarded her carefully as she spoke.  She seemed to have a harder edge to her than the previous Acting Captain.  It was not something he could put his finger on.  The Shran's XO had stepped up and done admirably during the recent combat crisis.  And yet, she had the feel of someone who had stepped up to fit the required mold, rather than someone born to it.

This Captain, Fala Awen, had steel in her features.  She was Bajoran, unless he missed his guess.  Given her age, she'd lived during the occupation of her homeworld.  Perhaps she'd even been old enough to help liberate it from occupation.  How would such experiences fire and temper the soul?

"With the transfers of Captain Hawke and Commander Tam, the Shran is in need of a new command team to work with me and help run the ship. Therefore, it is my pleasure to announce that Lieutenant Commander Alyssa Meadows will be our new Executive Officer and Lieutenant Commander Kinley Garrison will serve as Second Officer as well as Chief Science Officer. Congratulations, Commanders."

Kalro clapped politely for the ascension of the Shran's senior officers.  Each of them had done a lot to prove themselves under the most difficult of circumstances.  He definitely approved.

"Also, as you are aware, the Odyssey class USS Shran will be going to Starfleet R&D. Our Sovereign class Shran is having the final touches finished at the nearby Antares Shipyards. She should be ready for us in the next few days. In the meantime, you have all been assigned temporary quarters here on Starbase 375 and may consider yourselves to be on shoreleave. You will receive notification once our ship is ready and shoreleave is over. Also, I will be available should anyone have any questions or concerns. Thank you."

Shore Leave.  Kalro sighed to himself.  Just as he'd been cleared for duty, he was being put on leave.  He wondered if this was at the behest of the counselor.  She may have recommended that the entire crew decompress after their recent ordeal, regardless as to the readiness of the new Shran.  If so, he couldn't really find fault in the logic.  Still, he'd been anxious to set foot on the new ship and make a new beginning there.

A ship where Briggs' blood doesn't stain the decks?

Shaking off the thought, some movement caught his eye.  He turned to witness a horror.

An officer stepped in to the shuttlebay, a bit late for the proceedings.  Behind her was some kind of reptillian animal.  It had sharp teeth and claws, and was clearly built for speed.  A predator.

"Security alert!" He shouted above the din.

Then he fell back, turned, and raced to the outer wall of the shuttlebay, where emergency lockers contained fire extinguishers and phasers.  He was pressing his hand to the locker release when it struck him he was the only one in a state of alarm.  The locker came open, and he withdrew a Type II phaser, turning to look over the crowd.

No one.

No one seemed to be concerned in the least.

Except perhaps by his behavior.

Was this strange reptilian predator somehow a normalcy on the vessel?   If so, how had he never known this before now?

Targon's Hands!  Was it a crew member?  Some sort of sentient reptilian life form?  Had he just called a security alert on a respected member of the crew?

His heart fell at the possibility.  What an impression to make on a new CO.

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Kalro Zolarim on February 23, 2018, 07:39:41 AM

USS Shran - Odyssey Class - Shuttlebay

Kalro watched as the formalities of command transfer unfolded at the front of the room.  Finally, it came time for their new CO to speak.

"Crew of the USS Shran, as you know, I am Acting Captain Fala Awen, your new Commanding Officer. I have heard about the courage and ingenuity of the Shran crew and I am proud to now call it my home as well. I look forward to working with each of you. I have a few announcements to make."

Kalro regarded her carefully as she spoke.  She seemed to have a harder edge to her than the previous Acting Captain.  It was not something he could put his finger on.  The Shran's XO had stepped up and done admirably during the recent combat crisis.  And yet, she had the feel of someone who had stepped up to fit the required mold, rather than someone born to it.

This Captain, Fala Awen, had steel in her features.  She was Bajoran, unless he missed his guess.  Given her age, she'd lived during the occupation of her homeworld.  Perhaps she'd even been old enough to help liberate it from occupation.  How would such experiences fire and temper the soul?

"With the transfers of Captain Hawke and Commander Tam, the Shran is in need of a new command team to work with me and help run the ship. Therefore, it is my pleasure to announce that Lieutenant Commander Alyssa Meadows will be our new Executive Officer and Lieutenant Commander Kinley Garrison will serve as Second Officer as well as Chief Science Officer. Congratulations, Commanders."

Kalro clapped politely for the ascension of the Shran's senior officers.  Each of them had done a lot to prove themselves under the most difficult of circumstances.  He definitely approved.

"Also, as you are aware, the Odyssey class USS Shran will be going to Starfleet R&D. Our Sovereign class Shran is having the final touches finished at the nearby Antares Shipyards. She should be ready for us in the next few days. In the meantime, you have all been assigned temporary quarters here on Starbase 375 and may consider yourselves to be on shoreleave. You will receive notification once our ship is ready and shoreleave is over. Also, I will be available should anyone have any questions or concerns. Thank you."

Shore Leave.  Kalro sighed to himself.  Just as he'd been cleared for duty, he was being put on leave.  He wondered if this was at the behest of the counselor.  She may have recommended that the entire crew decompress after their recent ordeal, regardless as to the readiness of the new Shran.  If so, he couldn't really find fault in the logic.  Still, he'd been anxious to set foot on the new ship and make a new beginning there.

A ship where Briggs' blood doesn't stain the decks?

Shaking off the thought, some movement caught his eye.  He turned to witness a horror.

An officer stepped into the shuttlebay, a bit late for the proceedings.  Behind her was some kind of reptilian animal.  It had sharp teeth and claws, and was clearly built for speed.  A predator.

"Security alert!" He shouted above the din.

Then he fell back, turned, and raced to the outer wall of the shuttlebay, where emergency lockers contained fire extinguishers and phasers.  He was pressing his hand to the locker release when it struck him he was the only one in a state of alarm.  The locker came open, and he withdrew a Type II phaser, turning to look over the crowd.

No one.

No one seemed to be concerned in the least.

Except perhaps by his behavior.

Was this strange reptilian predator somehow a normalcy on the vessel?   If so, how had he never known this before now?

Targon's Hands!  Was it a crew member?  Some sort of sentient reptilian life form?  Had he just called a security alert on a respected member of the crew?

His heart fell at the possibility.  What an impression to make on a new CO.

[Shutlebay, 0900]
It wasn't the first time, and it certainly would not be the last time someone called a security alarm because Steve had spooked them. Despite making the raptors as non-threatening as they could be, both in appearance and demeanor, the sight of seeing something that was supposed to be (thankfully) long-extinct did tend to make some people jittery. "You're new, aren't you?" Ardyn asked, raising her eyebrow at the Zakdorn. "You haven't met Steve, have you? He's my emotional support Holographic Velociraptor. Anyhow, since I'm being transferred soon, I didn't want to leave the crew without a Velociraptor, so I made Evie."
The little raptor chirped at hearing her name, and Ardyn scratched her little head. "See? Perfectly harmless, unless you're an intruder." She smirked. "I hope you don't mind her joining you.'

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Kalro Zolarim

Odyssey Class Shran - Shuttlebay Meetup

Kalro's brows lifted as the Lieutenant approached him.

"You're new, aren't you?" she asked, raising her own eyebrow at the Zakdorn. "You haven't met Steve, have you? He's my emotional support Holographic Velociraptor. Anyhow, since I'm being transferred soon, I didn't want to leave the crew without a Velociraptor, so I made Evie."

Kalro glanced between the officer and her... Emotional Support Holographic Velociraptor?    He'd never heard of an ESHV before.  The idea that someone might have a holographic pet wasn't utterly bizarre to him, though he was rather surprised someone would model one after a dangerous predator.   Usually people chose puppies, tribbles, or kittens... though he supposed dogs and cats could be considered dangerous predators in their own right, if at least domesticated ones.  Never mind the Vulcan Sehlat or the Klingon Targ.

The little raptor chirped, seemingly pleased at hearing its name, and the Lieutenant scratched its little head. "See? Perfectly harmless, unless you're an intruder."  She smiled, "I hope you don't mind her joining you."

Kalro sighed, and held up a hand, "My error," he announced loudly to the gathered crew, "False alarm."  He turned to lock the phaser back up, and shut the small locker before returning his attention to the lieutenant.

"Apologies, Sir," he said to her," "I did not realize this was a holographic psychological aid.  I thought perhaps something had gotten loose from the zoology lab and was about to make lunch of the crew."

His lips formed into an expression of mild distaste as he regarded the bipedal reptile.  "I, uh... have no need of an emotional support hologram, myself.  But it is thoughtful of you to have crafted one for the treatment of the officers and crew of the new ship... I am sure the counselor will be quite pleased to have the assistance."

He wasn't actually sure of that, but he also wasn't sure what else to say.  The whole incident had been rather embarrassing and bizarre.  "It was nice meeting you... both."

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Fala Awen on February 22, 2018, 11:18:19 PM

[USS Shan- Shuttle bay]
Alyssa froze. What? She was getting promoted? To say that she was surprised was an understatement. Sure, she complained about it earlier in the week that she should be in a higher position, but she never actually thought anything would come into fruition. Her eyes grew wide. Yes, she was excited, but she was also worried. What would the Tal Shiar expect from her now that she was in a position of true power? This couldn't be good in the long run.

Alyssa was almost a bit too stunned to register the velociraptor on the deck or the Ensign's response. His shouting snapped her out of it, and had Ardy not comforted him so quickly, she would have mimiced the man's reaction as well. That thing looked terrifying to her, but she knew better than to respond to it now. She would make it her priority to determine what its purpose was and to decide whether or not it would make a good fit.

Alyssa shrugged the ideas off- thoughts for another time. She firmed her grip on her son's hand and locked eyes with her new commanding officer, a Bajoran woman who appeared extremely confident in her current position... Alyssa smiled as she approached the woman in an attempt to appear warm and compassionate and reached out her free hand. "Captain." she said. "Doctor Meadows. Your..." she paused. She was about to say 'your CMO' but that wasn't entirely true now.  "Your new First Officer."

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Calandra Trilarck

[USS Shran - Odyssey Class - Shuttlebay]
... 0855 ...

Doctor Meadows' response was unexpected to the counselor, she was caught off guard by the glimpse of emotion that had just slipped. This was one of those times where the counselor believed that the doctor slipped into a more maternal mode. Perhaps it was the exhaustion. Calandra was unsure if she the doctor was alluding to her deserving better because she was adept as a counselor or if it had anything to do with her standing as an Ambassador's daughter. Regardless, it felt good to be recognized for one's hard work and for that Calandra was grateful. Her focus shifted from the podium and she met the Doctor's glance, pursing her lips as a way to say thank you.

Perhaps the recent events had softened Meadows for the better. Calandra had watched as she worked tirelessly day and night, stabilizing critical injuries and monitoring the ailing crew. Even with a few close calls, Meadows had yet to lose her resolve as she worked methodically, skillfully, and efficiently. Throughout the course of these past few days, something had changed in her. "It's never too late to grow and change," the counselor said. Calandra felt like such a hypocrite for doling out advice that she wouldn't take herself. Before they could go into any further conversation, Admiral Rellek took the microphone at the podium and the ceremony commenced.

As the Admiral began to speak, Calandra attempted to focus on the words instead of the pangs of emotion that were scratching at her mind. Everything seemed to be happening so fast. In what passed like a flash, command codes were transferred and Captain Fala stepped forward to address the crew. Her eyebrows shot up in surprise when the Bajoran announced Doctor Meadows and Chief Garrison as her new command staff. The counselor leaned into Alyssa and raised her hands to clap, "Congratulations, Lieutenant Commander. Well deserved." It helped to have an ally in Meadows, someone who could vouch for her with the new command staff. It was shaping up to be a promising beginning with the promise of shore leave.

"I don't know how much time you'll have for shore leave with your new position but should you need me, don't hesitate to reach out." The counselor assured the doctor. Although Meadows was more than equipped to handle the new position, transitioning was still a difficult for process for any human being. A flare of concern reverberated off of Doctor Meadows but Calandra ignored it, chalking it up to Meadows being concerned about how that would affect her child.

She stepped away from the captain and began making her way back to the turbolift's doors. If there was shore leave then she needed to pack a bag. As she took a step forward, she noticed a small scuffle had broken out. Ensign Zolarim was gripping a phaser and pointing it at a velociraptor hologram. Ardyn was calming him down, explaining the raptor's purpose. The counselor sighed in annoyance, she had been debriefed about this holo-raptor and had been made aware that Headquarters was thinking of creating a holo-service pet program.

The counselor bit her lip, wondering if it was worthy to check in with the Zakdorn. His response to the velociraptor's presence was understandable but still hastily executed. Her lips pursed to the side as she continued to weigh whether or not to say anything. Calandra decided against it, PTSD was to be expected, and with the crew having been relieved of duty, there was no pressing need for her to address Kalro. The counselor made mental note to ask the Captain to check in with his activity logs at the conclusion of their stay, to be certain that his time would be used for rest.

The counselor began to make her way to the turbolift already compiling a list of work that she could get caught up with on her time off.

Witches can be right, giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good. - No One Is Alone, Sondheim

Fala Awen

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay, 0905 ---Caelene]

Hearing Awen's announcement regarding the new command team, Caelene was slightly surprised. As she thought about it a bit more though, it made sense. The crew had enough unknowns and change, the security in knowing who the Executive and Second Officers would be  - in particular that they were familiar - was probably a wise choice. Of those remaining on the crew, Alyssa and Kinley made sense.

Quote from: Julia Rellek on February 22, 2018, 11:31:39 PM

Julia stepped back up behind the Captain and held her hand up towards the crew, silently thanking them for their attendance. "Congratulations Captain. She said extending her hand with a warm smile." Looking to Tam. "And thank you for participating. I know it must have been difficult for you. Thank you for stepping up in a time of need, Commander. The team needed you and you were there." She said warmly.

The Trill watched as Awen shook Julia's hand and thanked her. When the admiral turned to her, Caelene offered a shy and slightly sad smile, "Of course, Admiral. There's really no need to thank me, though...I only did what any other officer would have done in a similar position. Good luck, Captain Fala; they're a good crew...they'll serve you well and make you proud."

Before she could get any more emotional, Caelene quietly made her way to the door. She was scheduled to have her first meeting with the admiralty at 1000 hours and really this ceremony was a time for the current crew, which she no longer was.

-----Awen-----

After shaking hands with Julia and then Caelene, Awen watched the Trill leave. She frowned slightly; it seemed a shame to lose what seemed to be a promising officer. It was out of her control though. Now she needed to concentrate on her assignment.

Hearing some kind of commotion, she glanced towards the far doors, but with the large crew was unable to see what exactly was going on. It looked like someone in gold had gone for the weapons locker based on the movement of the crowd, but she couldn't tell why or really what happened. Awen perked up at the disturbance and was going to find out what was going on, but just as she took the first step, her new Executive Officer approached her. The Bajoran glanced back and saw that whatever had occurred, the situation seemed to have calmed down; something she could be briefed on later perhaps.

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on February 24, 2018, 12:17:23 AM

Alyssa shrugged the ideas off- thoughts for another time. She firmed her grip on her son's hand and locked eyes with her new commanding officer, a Bajoran woman who appeared extremely confident in her current position... Alyssa smiled as she approached the woman in an attempt to appear warm and compassionate and reached out her free hand. "Captain." she said. "Doctor Meadows. Your..." she paused. She was about to say 'your CMO' but that wasn't entirely true now.  "Your new First Officer."

"Doctor Meadows," Awen said, shaking Alyssa's hand and nodding to her, offering a brief smile before settling back into a more neutral expression. Smiling didn't exactly come naturally to her, but she knew they were important to others and so she did try to use them at times. It still felt awkward though. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I apologize for not discussing the position with you beforehand, but I was given little time to choose my staff. We can certainly talk about it further and can address any concerns you might have as well; it seems we have time since the ship isn't ready just yet."

OFF: Tag Meadows, soft tag Julia & rest of crew

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Fala Awen on February 24, 2018, 03:56:27 AM

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay, 0905 ---Caelene]
"Doctor Meadows," Awen said, shaking Alyssa's hand and nodding to her, offering a brief smile before settling back into a more neutral expression. Smiling didn't exactly come naturally to her, but she knew they were important to others and so she did try to use them at times. It still felt awkward though. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I apologize for not discussing the position with you beforehand, but I was given little time to choose my staff. We can certainly talk about it further and can address any concerns you might have as well; it seems we have time since the ship isn't ready just yet."

Alyssa nodded and her smile returned to a neutral expression as well. She was trying her best to tone herself down in front of her new commanding officer, something that she believed she would need to start doing anyway. Being a hardass was tiring after all and she hoped it wouldn't necessary for much longer.  "It's perfectly fine." she said. "We have had our hands full as of late., but yes, I would like to talk to you about my new position and your expectations. Have you been briefed on what the crew has gone through recently?"

Fala Awen

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay, 0910]

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on February 24, 2018, 09:29:12 AM

Alyssa nodded and her smile returned to a neutral expression as well. She was trying her best to tone herself down in front of her new commanding officer, something that she believed she would need to start doing anyway. Being a hardass was tiring after all and she hoped it wouldn't necessary for much longer.  "It's perfectly fine." she said. "We have had our hands full as of late., but yes, I would like to talk to you about my new position and your expectations. Have you been briefed on what the crew has gone through recently?"

"Of course," Awen replied, nodding. "We can discuss it now or at some point in the next few days. I'm sure after your experience all of you could use some shoreleave time..." She wasn't sure if others wanted to speak with her immediately as well, but she would make time for each of them. It was part of her job. With a transition period like this, Awen felt it was important to do what she could to make it easier.

The Bajoran thought back to the initial report she'd received regarding the Shran's experience with the Mirror Universe vessels. "I don't know all of the specific details about what transpired, but I was able to read about the basics of what happened. Obviously the Shran was in quite the battle with the Extinction and I know many crewmembers were injured or killed. The Rebels were, in their own way, assisting you and wanted you to take down the Extinction, which did happen in the end. And Commander Garrison was taken hostage but rescued."

The entire incident would normally have sounded a bit ridiculous, but Awen knew it was true. It was probably better that she had not been on the Shran's command staff when it happened; she may not have been as....accommodating as Commander Tam had been with the whims of the Rebels. To be fair, though, Caelene had gotten the crew through it, so perhaps her strategy did have some merit.

OFF: Tag Meadows

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on February 23, 2018, 01:57:50 AM

[Shuttlebay, 0900]
Ardyn came in, late, as usual, a little raptor right behind her, its long claws clicking on the metal floor. Nodding to the others as the new captain spoke to them, she scanned the room, looking for someone. She wasn't technically a part of the Shran crew anymore, but she was going to miss this good bunch of people.

Finding Garrison in the crowd, she came over, Raptor in tow. "You're good with computer science, right? Well, I have someone you might like to meet."

[Shuttle bay, 0900]
Kinley blinked a little in shock as she heard who was going to be in the command team. That was.... that was not expected. She thought, all the while nodding to the others giving her congratulations. Suddenly, the security ensign, Zolarim, if she remembered correctly, noticed Lieutenant Jaeger's pet. Slightly startled by the arrival of the little dinosaur, she couldn't help but smile. It was pretty cute, after all, and a program specifically designed to become sentient would be fascinating to study, scientifically speaking. "We can discuss Evie later, ok, Ardy? I think she'd be fun. Excuse me."

Heading her way towards the Captain, she gave a nervous grin. She hadn't been on the Shran for very long, so being called to be Second Officer had come out of the blue for her. Waiting just a moment for the Doctor to finish introducing herself, she came up to the Bajoran woman."Hi, I'm Commander Garrison, but please, call me Kinley. I guess we'll be working quite a bit together." She grinned, attempting to hide her awkwardness.

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Fala Awen on February 24, 2018, 08:37:40 PM

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay, 0910]

"Of course," Awen replied, nodding. "We can discuss it now or at some point in the next few days. I'm sure after your experience all of you could use some shoreleave time..." She wasn't sure if others wanted to speak with her immediately as well, but she would make time for each of them. It was part of her job. With a transition period like this, Awen felt it was important to do what she could to make it easier.

The Bajoran thought back to the initial report she'd received regarding the Shran's experience with the Mirror Universe vessels. "I don't know all of the specific details about what transpired, but I was able to read about the basics of what happened. Obviously the Shran was in quite the battle with the Extinction and I know many crewmembers were injured or killed. The Rebels were, in their own way, assisting you and wanted you to take down the Extinction, which did happen in the end. And Commander Garrison was taken hostage but rescued."

The entire incident would normally have sounded a bit ridiculous, but Awen knew it was true. It was probably better that she had not been on the Shran's command staff when it happened; she may not have been as....accommodating as Commander Tam had been with the whims of the Rebels. To be fair, though, Caelene had gotten the crew through it, so perhaps her strategy did have some merit.

[Shuttle bay]
Alyssa sighed. "Don't even get me started on those rebels." she said before shaking her head. "Thank you, Captain. I will attempt to catch up with you sometime this week." Alyssa yawned a silent but wide yawn. "Excuse me. I apologize. I haven't slept in the past 30 hours. Honestly, I don't know how I'm still on my feet. Am I dismissed?"

Before the Captain responded, Alyssa noticed Kinley come over. The science officer appeared to be attempting to convey confidence with her stride and body language, but all Alyssa could see was the woman's nervousness. The science officer was young, really young, and given everything the science officer had gone through, Alyssa was impressed she was still going. She nodded to Kinley as she approached but didn't say anything. The time for words was coming to a close. It was almost time to sleep.

Leela Kaz

[Shuttlebay]

"Guess we're done here. Leela chuckled and began to think how she would spend her unexpected shoreleave. She broke from formation and turned to her new acquaintance, Filitov. "Y'know, we don't have anywhere to be and I found this great bar on the Station last night... Up for a little morning cocktail?" Leela was eager to make some friends among her new colleagues.

"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been." - Jadzia Dax[/center]

Fala Awen

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay 0910]

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on February 24, 2018, 11:40:57 PM

Alyssa sighed. "Don't even get me started on those rebels." she said before shaking her head. "Thank you, Captain. I will attempt to catch up with you sometime this week." Alyssa yawned a silent but wide yawn. "Excuse me. I apologize. I haven't slept in the past 30 hours. Honestly, I don't know how I'm still on my feet. Am I dismissed?"

Awen raised an eyebrow slightly. It seemed that her new Executive Officer likely shared her own feelings about the rebels. She was about to respond further when Alyssa yawned. Hearing out, the Bajoran then said, "Sometime this week will be fine, Commander. We can arrange a meeting once you've had a chance to sleep and consider what you might like to discuss further. Please do go get some rest. It was good meeting you."
Quote from: Kinley Garrison on February 24, 2018, 11:02:07 PM

Heading her way towards the Captain, she gave a nervous grin. She hadn't been on the Shran for very long, so being called to be Second Officer had come out of the blue for her. Waiting just a moment for the Doctor to finish introducing herself, she came up to the Bajoran woman."Hi, I'm Commander Garrison, but please, call me Kinley. I guess we'll be working quite a bit together." She grinned, attempting to hide her awkwardness.

As the next woman from her command staff approached her, Awen couldn't help but be surprised at just how young Kinley seemed. Of course, she had read her file, but still. Obviously her previous commanding officers had the utmost confidence in her. "Good morning Ms. Garrison," Awen replied simply at first. The Bajoran wasn't particularly comfortable in addressing her by her first name, particularly after just meeting her. Technically they were still at an official function and, if she were being honest, Awen was trying to decide how to address her crew now that she as in command with a crew entirely new to her.

It seemed to her that Kinley was a bit nervous, which was probably to be expected. Awen extended her hand towards her and said, "I do look forward to working with you; I've read good things in your service record. I imagine you're still absorbing the news, but we can discuss any questions, concerns, or expectations regarding your new role when you're ready."

Awen moved in a bit closer and dropped her voice lower so that only Kinley would hear her. "I realize you said I could call you Kinley, but for the time being - and particularly while on duty - I believe I will stick with Ms. Garrison or Commander Garrison." While she didn't truly owe her an explanation, Awen hoped that her further private explanation might make Kinley feel slightly more at ease, somehow. Perhaps in time she could start calling her crew by their first names...or simply their last names on the bridge, but she felt the need to appear a bit more professional for the moment.

OFF: Tag Meadows, Kinley, soft tag others

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Leela Kaz on February 24, 2018, 11:50:57 PM

[Shuttlebay]

"Guess we're done here. Leela chuckled and began to think how she would spend her unexpected shoreleave. She broke from formation and turned to her new acquaintance, Filitov. "Y'know, we don't have anywhere to be and I found this great bar on the Station last night... Up for a little morning cocktail?" Leela was eager to make some friends among her new colleagues.

Shuttle Bay

Kattcha looked at the woman when she mentioned 'cocktail' and raised her eyebrow.

"Zat sounds like a good idea." She replied. "My zings are already packed, zo all I have to do is pick zem up from vot vos my quarters. Shall ve meet at ze airlock in 20 minutes?" She asked.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Kalro Zolarim

Odyssey Class Shran - Shuttlebay Meetup

With the issue of the velociraptor resolved, Kalro nodded once more in apologies to the lieutenant and made his way towards the new Captain.  There were some formalities to address before he could attempt to relax during any leave activity.

A small crowd surrounded their new CO, and Kalro waited politely for others to finish before speaking up.

"Captain, I hope I am not interrupting.  Ensign Kalro Zolarim.  I have been filling in for Lieutenant Hayter, the Security and Tactical department head.  I wanted to make myself available for any Security or Tactical briefings you may need as you settle into your role here, and also to make you aware of recent events so that you may more ably select a temporary replacement Security chief until Lieutenant Hayter recovers from his injuries."

He glanced around briefly, wondering how many people here had noted his faux pas with the dinosaur.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.