S2-M3 CSI Starbase: Loss of Control

Started by Fala Awen, February 18, 2018, 11:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leela Kaz

[Shuttlebay - Shran]

Leela had moved over to the Shran and entered the shuttlebay as she had been ordered. She noticed a small group of officers starting to cluster. It was a small sea of unfamiliar faces. Looking around she noticed an officer in Red and gravitated towards her. Given her presence in the shuttlebay, Leela surmised she must have been in Flight Control.

Leaning in she spoke. "So do you have any idea why we're here?" She asked.

"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been." - Jadzia Dax[/center]

Michael Ferdinand

[USS Shran]
When Commander Tam had issued a ship wide alert, for the crew to meet in the shuttle at, Alyssa briefly met with each of her staff that was currently in sickbay and thanked them for their service on the Shran. She wished them the best of luck if they were not going to be serving together again and . "I might not be your boss for much longer." She told them before clearing sickbay out. "But I am proud of each and everyone on of you and will be adding my commendation to each of your personnel records." She paused and gave a warm smile. "You did it. You survive me. Not many can say they accomplished that."

In another moment she ushered the rest of her staff out, leaving just her and the patients. She calmly pressed her commbadge, the click giving a satisfactory pressure shift. =/\= Shran to Starbase 375: Ready to send the remaining patients over.=/\=

=/\= Acknowledged, Shran.=/\=

A hue of blue light surrounded her remaining patients for a brief moment. Alyssa watched as they demateriized from the Shran and into better hands. She did the best she could with what she had. She was tired, there was no doubt about it, but she would get some sleep after this assembly was over.

Alyssa moved towards the doors, taking in the sudden silence that seemed to engulf the room. This had to have been the most quiet it had been since she arrived. Before leaving, she issued one last command. "Computer,  lights."

[USS Shran- Shuttlebay]
Alyssa arrived several minutes after leaving Sickbay, son in hand. When they were done here, she would take a nap, and then she and Stephan would go explore the Starbase. It was the first one he had ever been to and he seemed excited to see what secrets it hid.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Leela Kaz on February 21, 2018, 12:36:40 PM

[Shuttlebay - Shran]

Leela had moved over to the Shran and entered the shuttlebay as she had been ordered. She noticed a small group of officers starting to cluster. It was a small sea of unfamiliar faces. Looking around she noticed an officer in Red and gravitated towards her. Given her presence in the shuttlebay, Leela surmised she must have been in Flight Control.

Leaning in she spoke. "So do you have any idea why we're here?" She asked.

Main Shuttle Bay

Katcha looked up at the sound of the voice and saw an unfamiliar  jg like herself, only in the gold of engineering of Sec/Tac.

"Ve have had a message from ze new Keptin. Zey reqvested zat ve meet zem here before ve disembark." She replied. "I can oly assume zat zey vont to formally meet us before ve are on a new ship togezzer." She added.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Fala Awen

[Starbase 375, Corridor, 0850 --Awen]

Awen walked at a brisk pace towards where the Shran was docked. Nodding briefly to the few who acknowledged her, the Bajoran gripped the PADD in her hand a bit tighter. She could feel her older brother's knife strapped to her calf within the Starfleet issue boots she wore - a last gift of sorts before he was killed during their escape from the Cardassians. She turned her attention back to the Admiral as the woman spoke.

Quote from: Julia Rellek on February 21, 2018, 12:32:18 PM

Julia walked along side Awen as they headed towards the Shran. "Yes Captain. I hope you don't mind me joining you for the ceremony. Are you nervous?" She asked inquisitively.

"Not at all, Admiral. I didn't know if Starfleet was going to send anyone else to meet with the crew, but I had already planned on doing so," the Bajoran explained as they rounded a corridor and got a look at the Shran. The Odyssey class vessel had certainly seen better days; their fights with the Mirror Universe ships must have been quite grueling.

Considering the Admiral's question, Awen paused before responding, "I suppose nearly anyone would be nervous in a similar situation. I'm no different. I've worked in different departments, I've been an Executive Officer...I was even offered command once before. If I could survive the Occupation, I imagine this will be less difficult. Still, they're to be my crew and they've had a rough experience. It's a balance, I suppose - showing authority yet appealing myself to them, making them want to work with me..."

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay, 0855]

They continued until they were just outside the Main Shuttlebay, which looked marginally better than the outside of the ship. Awen turned toward the woman, "Any tips or advice, or shall we just go in?"

---------------------------------------------------

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay, 0850 --Caelene]

Caelene had been the last one off of the bridge, giving it a final long look before following the flow of the crew towards the shuttlebay. As she arrived, it seemed like everyone was gathered, other than perhaps a few stragglers who were still making their way down a corridor. There seemed to be a mix of expressions and emotions throughout the room. She wasn't a Betazoid, but the energy was simply hard to miss.

The Trill made her way through the crowd, offering a smile or nod as she moved forward. They were a good crew; she would miss them. The adventures they'd had... But that was over, for her anyway. Hopefully it would be a temporary thing, but she had no way of knowing.

Her eyes swept over the crowd, but eventually settled on a far door where she saw Admiral Rellek standing with a woman in command red. Caelene didn't recognize her, but presumed it was Captain Fala. It seemed they would be starting soon - right on time.

OFF: Tag Rellek, crew

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Kinley Garrison

[Crew Kitchens, 0850]
Hearing Tam's voice in her Commbadge, she gratefully got up from her cleaning. That was the problematic part about having such a messy hobby; you couldn't always clean up burn stains as easily as you could doing other things, =/\= "Okay, on my way."  =/\=
Making her way to the Shuttlebay, she saw a number of other officers already congregating in a large clump. Nodding her greetings warmly to the others, she wiped off a piece of egg from her forehead. Now how did THAT get there? No matter, the meeting was about to start. She looked at Tam, then to the Bajoran woman who she was assuming was going to be their new captain. Should be quite the adventure.

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Calandra Trilarck

[USS Shran - Odyssey Class - Turbolift]
... 0844 ...

The ride on the lift felt as if the system was in slow motion and every few seconds, it rattled a bit. The crew had only just begun repairing the lift's systems that had been affected after sustaining heavy damage due to the Extinction's attack. After a second shake, Calandra gripped the side of the lift's wall, her eyes filled a brief nervousness before settling into annoyance at the constant minor quaking. Disappointed that she had let the veneer slip for a moment, her face settled into a scowl as she tore her arm from the wall and let it collapse at her side. Calandra's gaze drifted to the floor, the silence was heavy as the two officers descended to the Shuttlebay.

The counselor mentally chided herself for acting so petty. An operational turbolift was better than having to climb through a Jefferies tube. She reminded herself that people had lost their lives. A moment like this was felt so insignificant in comparison to the weight of what had occurred just days before. An image of the numerous caskets side by side, filled with the bodies of slain men and women, flashed in her mind. Resigned, the counselor lifted her head and leaned her body against the wall of the lift. Underneath her, she could feel the faint tremble as it finally whirred to a stop. Relieved, the Haliian reached up to adjust her collar before bringing her arms behind her back.

"Finally," she grumbled as the doors creaked open at a snail's pace. Behind her back, her right hand clasped her left hand, balled up into a loose fist, at the wrist. Lengthening her spine to stand up straighter, she exhaled a long breath. With a new captain came great uncertainty and it would be her job to help the crew during this transition. With her work cut out for her, the counselor exited the lift into the Shuttlebay.

[USS Shran - Odyssey Class - Shuttlebay]
... 0847 ...

From across the room, the counselor could see the majority of the crew already waiting on the Shuttlebay for the command team to arrive. Relieved that there was still time to spare, the counselor walked with the Zakdorn. She slowed her pace to a stop as they reached the perimeter's edge where the back group stood. Calandra craned her neck and spotted several other offices with her same teal uniform. Her eyes spotted Doctor Meadows standing next to her son, awaiting the arrival of the Shran's new captain.

Her attention shifted back to Ensign Zolarim, "I suppose I should join Doctor Meadows," she announced to him before her eyes narrowed a bit, "Get some rest, I mean it." She searched his eyes for a moment before swiveling on her heel and turning towards the small crowd. Slinking through the group, she made her way to the Doctor's side, opposite of her son.

"Doctor Meadows... Stephan." Upon saying his name, the counselor peered over to the small child briefly before her focus made its way back to the doctor. Her interaction with the child was limited but the counselor had noted times were there was a curious twinkle in his eye at times. It made her recall the times she had spent on ships and the wonder she felt while living among the stars. "A little birdie told me that I received a commendation from a certain superior officer and was recommended to have my own office."

Although she was pleased that her work had not gone unnoticed by her superior officer, Calandra felt a little clumsy in her conversation. They had not spoken much to each other after they worked together compiling the funeral rites for the ship's fallen. "Thank you," Her focus remained forward, "You didn't have to do that." Before she could grovel any further, the bay's doors slid open and Commander Tam made her way to the front of the crowd. The counselor noticed where Tam's line of sight trailed, just behind her, and she turned around see Admiral Rellek flanked by a Bajoran woman clothed in a red uniform.

"They're here," she reported to the Doctor. The counselor attempted to dispel the unease that settled into her stomach.

Witches can be right, giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good. - No One Is Alone, Sondheim

Julia Rellek

Quote from: Fala Awen on February 21, 2018, 07:45:28 PM

[Starbase 375, Corridor, 0850 --Awen]

Awen walked at a brisk pace towards where the Shran was docked. Nodding briefly to the few who acknowledged her, the Bajoran gripped the PADD in her hand a bit tighter. She could feel her older brother's knife strapped to her calf within the Starfleet issue boots she wore - a last gift of sorts before he was killed during their escape from the Cardassians. She turned her attention back to the Admiral as the woman spoke.

"Not at all, Admiral. I didn't know if Starfleet was going to send anyone else to meet with the crew, but I had already planned on doing so," the Bajoran explained as they rounded a corridor and got a look at the Shran. The Odyssey class vessel had certainly seen better days; their fights with the Mirror Universe ships must have been quite grueling.

Considering the Admiral's question, Awen paused before responding, "I suppose nearly anyone would be nervous in a similar situation. I'm no different. I've worked in different departments, I've been an Executive Officer...I was even offered command once before. If I could survive the Occupation, I imagine this will be less difficult. Still, they're to be my crew and they've had a rough experience. It's a balance, I suppose - showing authority yet appealing myself to them, making them want to work with me..."

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay, 0855]

They continued until they were just outside the Main Shuttlebay, which looked marginally better than the outside of the ship. Awen turned toward the woman, "Any tips or advice, or shall we just go in?"

---------------------------------------------------

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay, 0850 --Caelene]

Caelene had been the last one off of the bridge, giving it a final long look before following the flow of the crew towards the shuttlebay. As she arrived, it seemed like everyone was gathered, other than perhaps a few stragglers who were still making their way down a corridor. There seemed to be a mix of expressions and emotions throughout the room. She wasn't a Betazoid, but the energy was simply hard to miss.

The Trill made her way through the crowd, offering a smile or nod as she moved forward. They were a good crew; she would miss them. The adventures they'd had... But that was over, for her anyway. Hopefully it would be a temporary thing, but she had no way of knowing.

Her eyes swept over the crowd, but eventually settled on a far door where she saw Admiral Rellek standing with a woman in command red. Caelene didn't recognize her, but presumed it was Captain Fala. It seemed they would be starting soon - right on time.

OFF: Tag Rellek, crew

[Shuttlebay - Shran]

Julia looked to the new Captain before stepping through the doors. "It's your ship and your crew. Never forget that. Set your expectations and they will become the crew you need them to be." She stepped through the door as an Ensign jumps to attention. "Admiral on deck!" She waves him off and smiles. "At ease, at ease everyone." She said with a smile as the pair approached Caelene. "Ladies, are we ready to get this done?" She asked.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Leela Kaz

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on February 21, 2018, 05:53:30 PM

Main Shuttle Bay

Katcha looked up at the sound of the voice and saw an unfamiliar  jg like herself, only in the gold of engineering of Sec/Tac.

"Ve have had a message from ze new Keptin. Zey reqvested zat ve meet zem here before ve disembark." She replied. "I can oly assume zat zey vont to formally meet us before ve are on a new ship togezzer." She added.

[Shuttlebay - Shran]

"New Captain? Huh? This should be interesting." She added with a mischevious smile. She stood at attention as the Command staff entered the shuttlebay and quickly placed her hands behind her back as the Admiral waved the Ensign off. Leaning over to Filitov she whispered. "Looks like they brought out the big guns."

"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been." - Jadzia Dax[/center]

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Leela Kaz on February 22, 2018, 02:47:13 AM

[Shuttlebay - Shran]

"New Captain? Huh? This should be interesting." She added with a mischevious smile. She stood at attention as the Command staff entered the shuttlebay and quickly placed her hands behind her back as the Admiral waved the Ensign off. Leaning over to Filitov she whispered. "Looks like they brought out the big guns."

Shuttle Bay

Katcha nodded at this.

"I hope zis is as straightforward as it looks!" She remarked as she too stood with her hands behind her back and waited for the Admiral and their new Captain to address them.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Fala Awen

[USS Shran, Outside Shuttlebay, 0855]

Quote from: Julia Rellek on February 22, 2018, 02:44:29 AM

Julia looked to the new Captain before stepping through the doors. "It's your ship and your crew. Never forget that. Set your expectations and they will become the crew you need them to be."

Awen listened to the Admiral's words and nodded slowly. It sounded much like something the Bajoran Resistance leader would have told her. The idea wasn't exactly surprising; it made sense to the Bajoran. "Thank you, Admiral, I'll keep that in mind."

[Main Shuttlebay]

Quote from: Julia Rellek on February 22, 2018, 02:44:29 AM

She stepped through the door as an Ensign jumps to attention. "Admiral on deck!"

She waves him off and smiles. "At ease, at ease everyone." She said with a smile as the pair approached Caelene. "Ladies, are we ready to get this done?" She asked.

Caelene stepped forward as the Bajoran woman and Julia entered the shuttlebay and made their way over to her. Offering them a smile, she addressed the new captain, "I'm Commander Tam, Captain. Welcome aboard the Shran. I'm afraid you're not seeing her at her best, though I suppose that's a moot point now."

Nodding, Awen replied, "I know it was a difficult position to be in, Commander. I'm certain you did your best. I imagine the changes aren't something you were expecting, but I will do what I can to ease the transition. From what I understand, you've done quite well here. I'm sure you'll be missed."

"Thank you," the Trill answered simply. It was a bit nerve wracking, being here at the front of the entire crew with an Admiral and the new Commanding Officer. She did her best to take slow, deep breaths to try to remain as calm as possible. "Whenever you're ready, Admiral."

Awen watched Caelene quietly a moment before turning back to Julia and nodding. She was as ready as she would ever be. With the command changes - not only her appointment as Commanding Officer, but also the new Executive and Second Officers - the Bajoran wasn't entirely certain how the crew would react. In the end, there wasn't anything she could do about it. She was there and she needed a command team. Awen kept a neutral look on her face and wondered what her chosen candidates would think.

OFF: Tag Rellek

Kalro Zolarim

Odyssey Class Shran - Shuttlebay

During the turbolift ride down to the shuttlebay, Kalro suppressed a smirk at the Counselor's discomfort.  The various tremors of their uneven descent was apparently doing little to enhance her mood.

"The perfection of modern technology does little to prepare us for when things go awry." Kalro offered the observation as a small gesture of understanding.

Soon enough, they arrived in the shuttlebay and the Counselor went off to join her colleagues.  He made a nod at her departure, and then went to see what the ship's leaders might wish to convey.   The admiral's presence was loudly declared by an eager Ensign.

Kalro was reminded of a strange incident during the recent battle.  In the midst of the engagement, resources had been spared to recover her runabout and its contents.  What, he wondered, had been aboard the vessel?

The brass spoke to each other briefly at the front of the vast chamber.  It seemed the announcements were about to begin...

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Calandra Trilarck on February 22, 2018, 01:43:42 AM

[USS Shran - Odyssey Class - Turbolift]
"Doctor Meadows... Stephan." Upon saying his name, the counselor peered over to the small child briefly before her focus made its way back to the doctor. Her interaction with the child was limited but the counselor had noted times were there was a curious twinkle in his eye at times. It made her recall the times she had spent on ships and the wonder she felt while living among the stars. "A little birdie told me that I received a commendation from a certain superior officer and was recommended to have my own office."

Alyssa smirked slightly at the allusion of what she had done for Calandra. To be honest, the counselor deserved it, and furthermore, a counselor needed to have a private space in order to conduct their work. "Don't mention it." Alyssa said. She slightly turned her head to look at the counselor. "After the hell we went through over the past few days, my staff deserves better. You deserve better."

Alyssa paused for a moment, swallowing a mouth full of warm air. She was doing mental gymnastics as to whether or not it was a good idea to say what really was on her mind. She didn't want the topic to be pressed. It was only a thought she had, and regardless of how important it may seem, now wasn't the time to completely go there. "I can't keep being such a hard ass. It's not worth it at the end of the day I need to actively make a change." She waited for Calandra to respond, but when she noted that the party was about to start, Alyssa dropped the subject entirely.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Julia Rellek

Quote from: Fala Awen on February 22, 2018, 04:12:10 AM

[USS Shran, Outside Shuttlebay, 0855]

Awen listened to the Admiral's words and nodded slowly. It sounded much like something the Bajoran Resistance leader would have told her. The idea wasn't exactly surprising; it made sense to the Bajoran. "Thank you, Admiral, I'll keep that in mind."

[Main Shuttlebay]

Caelene stepped forward as the Bajoran woman and Julia entered the shuttlebay and made their way over to her. Offering them a smile, she addressed the new captain, "I'm Commander Tam, Captain. Welcome aboard the Shran. I'm afraid you're not seeing her at her best, though I suppose that's a moot point now."

Nodding, Awen replied, "I know it was a difficult position to be in, Commander. I'm certain you did your best. I imagine the changes aren't something you were expecting, but I will do what I can to ease the transition. From what I understand, you've done quite well here. I'm sure you'll be missed."

"Thank you," the Trill answered simply. It was a bit nerve wracking, being here at the front of the entire crew with an Admiral and the new Commanding Officer. She did her best to take slow, deep breaths to try to remain as calm as possible. "Whenever you're ready, Admiral."

Awen watched Caelene quietly a moment before turning back to Julia and nodding. She was as ready as she would ever be. With the command changes - not only her appointment as Commanding Officer, but also the new Executive and Second Officers - the Bajoran wasn't entirely certain how the crew would react. In the end, there wasn't anything she could do about it. She was there and she needed a command team. Awen kept a neutral look on her face and wondered what her chosen candidates would think.

OFF: Tag Rellek

[Shuttlebay]

Julia stepped up to a small podium that was setup near the end of the shuttlebay. Looking out she saw a small sea of faces staring back at her. She set a PADD on the podium and accessed the orders she had drafted for the change in command. She took a sip of water that had been provided and cleared her throat. She had debated on hoow much she needed to speak but opted for the simplicity of reading the orders aloud.

"From the office of Rear Admiral Julia Rellek. Commanding officer. Task Group Bravo.

To Commander Caelene Tam, Acting Commanding Officer, USS Shran.

You are hereby requested and required to relinquish command of your vessel to Commander Fala Awen, Executive Officer, USS Malinche; as of this date. Signed, Rear Admiral Julia Rellek, Commanding Officer, Task Group Bravo."

Looking to Tam she steps aside indicating the podium is hers.

Fala Awen

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay, 0900 --Caelene]

Caelene listened as Julia read the beginning of the official transfer of command ceremony. The Trill hadn't realized they were going through with a formal ceremony, especially since the Odyssey class Shran was being sent to R&D. Still, perhaps it would bring about a sense of closure for all of them going through the ritual.

She stepped forward and nodded to the Bajoran, glancing down at the podium. Caelene felt her heart race with nervousness, but she managed to say the words, "Computer, transfer all command codes to Acting Captain Fala Awen. Voice Authorization Tam Delta Two Bravo Echo One."

A moment later the computer beeped and the voice of the Shran's computer stated, "Transfer complete. USS Shran now under command of Acting Captain Fala Awen."

------Awen------

Awen nodded to Caelene and moved forward to the podium. "I relieve you, ma'am." Technically the official ceremony called for 'sir', but Awen was more inclined to address a woman as 'ma'am', in particular the nervous looking Trill before her. Apparently she was stronger than she appeared.

"I stand relieved," Caelene replied, glancing around at her now former crewmates and doing her best to remain calm and collected.

After a quick glance back toward Admiral Rellek, Awen took the opportunity to say a few words. "Crew of the USS Shran, as you know, I am Acting Captain Fala Awen, your new Commanding Officer. I have heard about the courage and ingenuity of the Shran crew and I am proud to now call it my home as well. I look forward to working with each of you. I have a few announcements to make."

Awen placed the PADD she held on the podium and briefly tapped at the display. Although she'd already memorized the vital information, it was comforting to know the information was there anyway. "With the transfers of Captain Hawke and Commander Tam, the Shran is in need of a new command team to work with me and help run the ship. Therefore, it is my pleasure to announce that Lieutenant Commander Alyssa Meadows will be our new Executive Officer and Lieutenant Commander Kinley Garrison will serve as Second Officer as well as Chief Science Officer. Congratulations, Commanders."

From where she stood, she offered a nod to both women and gave a brief smile as the news sunk in. The Bajoran continued, "Also, as you are aware, the Odyssey class USS Shran will be going to Starfleet R&D. Our Sovereign class Shran is having the final touches finished at the nearby Antares Shipyards. She should be ready for us in the next few days. In the meantime, you have all been assigned temporary quarters here on Starbase 375 and may consider yourselves to be on shoreleave. You will receive notification once our ship is ready and shoreleave is over. Also, I will be available should anyone have any questions or concerns. Thank you."

It wasn't the most personal speech Awen could have given, but that wasn't entirely her style...besides, she didn't truly know them yet. Still, she wanted to make a good impression with the crew. Had she done that? Or had she just come across as too serious or uncaring? Perhaps the idea of shoreleave would help, if nothing else. Awen also knew she should make a point to meet both Alyssa and Kinley in person at some point, and others might wish to meet her as well.

OFF: Tag Rellek, Shran crew

Julia Rellek

Quote from: Fala Awen on February 22, 2018, 11:18:19 PM

[USS Shran, Main Shuttlebay, 0900 --Caelene]

Caelene listened as Julia read the beginning of the official transfer of command ceremony. The Trill hadn't realized they were going through with a formal ceremony, especially since the Odyssey class Shran was being sent to R&D. Still, perhaps it would bring about a sense of closure for all of them going through the ritual.

She stepped forward and nodded to the Bajoran, glancing down at the podium. Caelene felt her heart race with nervousness, but she managed to say the words, "Computer, transfer all command codes to Acting Captain Fala Awen. Voice Authorization Tam Delta Two Bravo Echo One."

A moment later the computer beeped and the voice of the Shran's computer stated, "Transfer complete. USS Shran now under command of Acting Captain Fala Awen."

------Awen------

Awen nodded to Caelene and moved forward to the podium. "I relieve you, ma'am." Technically the official ceremony called for 'sir', but Awen was more inclined to address a woman as 'ma'am', in particular the nervous looking Trill before her. Apparently she was stronger than she appeared.

"I stand relieved," Caelene replied, glancing around at her now former crewmates and doing her best to remain calm and collected.

After a quick glance back toward Admiral Rellek, Awen took the opportunity to say a few words. "Crew of the USS Shran, as you know, I am Acting Captain Fala Awen, your new Commanding Officer. I have heard about the courage and ingenuity of the Shran crew and I am proud to now call it my home as well. I look forward to working with each of you. I have a few announcements to make."

Awen placed the PADD she held on the podium and briefly tapped at the display. Although she'd already memorized the vital information, it was comforting to know the information was there anyway. "With the transfers of Captain Hawke and Commander Tam, the Shran is in need of a new command team to work with me and help run the ship. Therefore, it is my pleasure to announce that Lieutenant Commander Alyssa Meadows will be our new Executive Officer and Lieutenant Commander Kinley Garrison will serve as Second Officer as well as Chief Science Officer. Congratulations, Commanders."

From where she stood, she offered a nod to both women and gave a brief smile as the news sunk in. The Bajoran continued, "Also, as you are aware, the Odyssey class USS Shran will be going to Starfleet R&D. Our Sovereign class Shran is having the final touches finished at the nearby Antares Shipyards. She should be ready for us in the next few days. In the meantime, you have all been assigned temporary quarters here on Starbase 375 and may consider yourselves to be on shoreleave. You will receive notification once our ship is ready and shoreleave is over. Also, I will be available should anyone have any questions or concerns. Thank you."

It wasn't the most personal speech Awen could have given, but that wasn't entirely her style...besides, she didn't truly know them yet. Still, she wanted to make a good impression with the crew. Had she done that? Or had she just come across as too serious or uncaring? Perhaps the idea of shoreleave would help, if nothing else. Awen also knew she should make a point to meet both Alyssa and Kinley in person at some point, and others might wish to meet her as well.

OFF: Tag Rellek, Shran crew

[Shuttlebay]

Julia stepped back up behind the Captain and held her hand up towards the crew, silently thanking them for their attendance. "Congratulations Captain. She said extending her hand with a warm smile." Looking to Tam. "And thank you for participating. I know it must have been difficult for you. Thank you for stepping up in a time of need, Commander. The team needed you and you were there." She said warmly.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.