Season 2 Episode 5 - Practice Makes Perfect

Started by Michael J. Tritter, February 11, 2018, 08:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auzual Knox

[Gibson: Bridge]

=/\= Gibson to Columbus. Captain, we are about ready and shall go dark upon disembarkation. Keep the fires burning for us, Sir. =/\=

Quote from: Derek Black on February 21, 2018, 01:48:05 PM

Taking a seat next to Knox, he greeted her almost cheerfully. "Captain...Auntie." His second comment was much quieter, teasingly, so only she would hear. "What are we in for?" Derek asked, back at a normal volume.

After nodding to her first officer, Knox gave him a look that if anyone else had seen, would have been rather concerned for his wellbeing.

"Our mission is to go dark and do reconnaissance. StarFleet have intel as to the homeward of our recent visitors and as I .."

Knox cleared her throat and looked away to the view screen showing the Station, her home.

"I have a couple of memories I think we should be able to find our way."

They both knew it was more than a couple, however they both also knew that it was necessary to diminish it. Fortunately, she then noticed her Chief Engineer walk towards them.

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on February 21, 2018, 01:33:09 PM

Each step Jenna took she breathed. She had gotten herself to stop crying. Emotions would be damned because Knox needed her to be on her game. She did not want to disappoint so she didn't even give herself time to clean up. She approached the Captain's chair before speaking. "Captian are you ready for my report?" Her tone was professional and hid any emotions she was weighted down by just moments ago.

There was something wrong and if it had been under any other circumstance, Knox would have asked directly if everything was ok. However, Jenna's professionalism shined through as it should, and Knox was in command of the Gibson. For the time being, a level head was crucial for their success.

Prior to answering, Knox looked to Derek and nodded.

"Yes, Chief. From what I could tell, your staff certainly did not let you down. Their thoroughness has already prompted several complaints! Good work. And, spare no detail, Lieutenant."

She then sat back, eager to listen to the report.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

T'Prina

Quote from: Xander Dorset on February 21, 2018, 03:25:19 PM

[Alternate Science Lab - Secured]

Xander's jacket and comm badge were haphazardly piled in the corner of the room - in spite of T'Prina's continued annoyance with his refusal to se a locker - as he leaned over a giant tank filled with water and three rather lively inhabitants. His head jerked back as another splash of water shot out of the tank and made contact with his face. Xander snorted and shook his head like a wet dog and lurched for the culprit with a muttered curse, even as a smile threatened to break out on his face. The faint chirping of his discarded commbadge was completely drowned out by the splashing that ensued.

A couple minutes later, he had collected the last of their preliminary measurements and turned, dripping, to T'Prina where she sat observing and recording on a nearby stool, unsurprisingly still pristine and dry. "You know," Xander began, wringing out his undershirt to release a satisfying trickle of water onto the lab floor, "a two person job is usually easier when there are actually two people working on it. Where's Ensign What's-His-Face that you pulled for this project? I'm not going to say Á¢â,¬ËœI told you so,' but I did say that adding a person to this dream team wasn't going to work."

Xander would have continued complaining about the missing ensign, but he heard a faint chirping from his PADD. Apparently he had missed a summons to Captain Tritter's office. He sighed at the inconvenience and moved to toss his jacket on over his still-wet undershirt. He was already late, and his quarters were on the other side of the station, so he didn't have time to go back and change. Brushing his still-dripping hair out of his eyes, he turned to the Vulcan at the data terminal once more.

"Hey, Á¢â,¬ËœPrina, as fun as this is, I need to head up to the Captain's office for something or other. I'll come back and finish cleaning up our friends' mess once I'm done - or, better yet, I'll get the other awol ensign to do it and make myself feel better." By the time he finished, he had already ducked out the door. During his time on the Columbus, Xander had grown to develop a deep respect for T'Prina, and the two of them had fallen into an unusual friendship based in mutual exasperation and unlimited sarcasm. It suited Xander just fine.

T'Prina sat at a tall backless stool, PADD on the counter in front of her as she jotted off notes. A lazily swinging foot was her only outward sign of agitation. She pinched at the bridge of her nose like an exasperated school teacher.

"Ensign Paulsen has been making a habit of disappearing when it is least convenient for everyone involved." She exhaled, a quiet hiss through clenched teeth. With a slight roll of her shoulders, she made a conscious effort to relax.

"This experiment is at a holding point anyways, I will lock up when I am finished." She waved a hand at Dorset's retreating back as he exited the lab. Once the door sealed shut again, she made her way over to the tank and lightly stroked one of the inhabitants on the head. They only misbehaved for Dorset, as excitable as he was. Her commbadge chirped.

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on February 21, 2018, 01:04:54 AM

=/\= Mackenzie to T'Prina, Howell, B'nada, and Kempar. Pack up fer at least a week the now. Report to docking bay two in civilian clothes in one hour. Ye may want tae be bringin yer eye patches! Arrrr! Mackenzie out! =/\=

The Vulcan raised an eyebrow at the unconventional summons. Speaking of excitable... she thought to herself, recalling her previous encounter with the youthful security chief. As she made her way over to the replicator, she remembered another order to procure civilian attire. Her mouth quirked in an almost half smile. Perhaps this mission would be eventful enough to make up for the interruptions today. She programmed an outfit she thought would be acceptable, but decided against the eye patch, as she had no vision impairment that would require such attire.
T'Prina dressed quickly, and adjusted her battered satchel over the snug leather jacket. The scruffy look mostly hid the polished Starfleet officer. She dimmed the lights and locked up the lab, a touch anxious to see what awaited in Docking Bay 2.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on February 21, 2018, 03:29:52 PM

"Yes, Chief. From what I could tell, your staff certainly did not let you down. Their thoroughness has already prompted several complaints! Good work. And, spare no detail, Lieutenant."

[ Gibson - Bridge ]

"Well Captain you will be pleased to know this vessel has had substantial upgrades on multiple levels. Firstly the new software allowed for a smoother user interface for all hands. There have been tweaks to the response time between the helm and the actual movement of the ship," Jenna began. "Furthermore, the heat reduction protocols will allow us to push to warp a bit faster and maintain longer.  There's no real visual difference in thrust, but she can still keep pace. The best part is the upgrade on shields and weaponry. The overhaul of not only the weaponry, but the shields is a marvel. I am not saying she can take on a whole army herself, but she will stand much longer and we can push the shields through much more now."

Jenna had finished her report and had hoped it was satisfactory to her new captain. Using work to distract herself was a good way of her working through grief. The news she received was horrible, but the temporary tears had gone so that she could perform her duty. This was not the time for grief. 

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Michael J. Tritter

Xander's jacket and comm badge were haphazardly piled in the corner of the room - in spite of T'Prina's continued annoyance with his refusal to se a locker - as he leaned over a giant tank filled with water and three rather lively inhabitants. His head jerked back as another splash of water shot out of the tank and made contact with his face. Xander snorted and shook his head like a wet dog and lurched for the culprit with a muttered curse, even as a smile threatened to break out on his face. The faint chirping of his discarded commbadge was completely drowned out by the splashing that ensued.

A couple minutes later, he had collected the last of their preliminary measurements and turned, dripping, to T'Prina where she sat observing and recording on a nearby stool, unsurprisingly still pristine and dry. "You know," Xander began, wringing out his undershirt to release a satisfying trickle of water onto the lab floor, "a two person job is usually easier when there are actually two people working on it. Where's Ensign What's-His-Face that you pulled for this project? I'm not going to say Á¢â,¬ËœI told you so,' but I did say that adding a person to this dream team wasn't going to work."

Xander would have continued complaining about the missing ensign, but he heard a faint chirping from his PADD. Apparently he had missed a summons to Captain Tritter's office. He sighed at the inconvenience and moved to toss his jacket on over his still-wet undershirt. He was already late, and his quarters were on the other side of the station, so he didn't have time to go back and change. Brushing his still-dripping hair out of his eyes, he turned to the Vulcan at the data terminal once more.

"Hey, Á¢â,¬ËœPrina, as fun as this is, I need to head up to the Captain's office for something or other. I'll come back and finish cleaning up our friends' mess once I'm done - or, better yet, I'll get the other awol ensign to do it and make myself feel better." By the time he finished, he had already ducked out the door. During his time on the Columbus, Xander had grown to develop a deep respect for T'Prina, and the two of them had fallen into an unusual friendship based in mutual exasperation and unlimited sarcasm. It suited Xander just fine.

[Captain's Office]

Xander rant to announce his presence, then continued straight into the room, arriving obviously late to a meeting. He figured his soaking wet and disheveled appearance would be enough proof to those assembled that he wasn't shirking his duties though - there was just important science to be done after all. "Sorry I'm late, Cap. Lieutenant T'Prina and I were working on that project you approved last week, but things were a little... difficult with a missing ensign. What did I miss?"

[Location: Commanding Officer's Office]

Tritter hadn't waited long after he asked the others if they questions before he heard and saw another arrival. He wasn't exactly thrilled and he was sure that his expressions indicated as such. He than nodded slightly and than replied "Pretty much everything Ensign, better late than never. As part of the Command Change, the higher ups have decided they want to make sure we are ready for whatever may come. You are assigned to my team, you will be researching the chips and well, keep your head on a swivel. I'm not going to spoil all the fun however. Any questions?" His tone calm and mellow as he addressed the Ensign. His gaze shifted around the room, to see if the other two had any questions.

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on February 21, 2018, 03:29:52 PM

=/\= Gibson to Columbus. Captain, we are about ready and shall go dark upon disembarkation. Keep the fires burning for us, Sir. =/\=

After nodding to her first officer, Knox gave him a look that if anyone else had seen, would have been rather concerned for his wellbeing.

"Our mission is to go dark and do reconnaissance. StarFleet have intel as to the homeward of our recent visitors and as I .."

Knox cleared her throat and looked away to the view screen showing the Station, her home.

"I have a couple of memories I think we should be able to find our way."

They both knew it was more than a couple, however they both also knew that it was necessary to diminish it. Fortunately, she then noticed her Chief Engineer walk towards them.

There was something wrong and if it had been under any other circumstance, Knox would have asked directly if everything was ok. However, Jenna's professionalism shined through as it should, and Knox was in command of the Gibson. For the time being, a level head was crucial for their success.

Prior to answering, Knox looked to Derek and nodded.

A few moments later, he heard his comm badge go off. He listened carefully to the message from his Executive Officer. He than tapped his comm badge and said "That we will Lieutenant Commander, god speed. Tritter out", short and to the point, his heavily accented voice had a unique way of carrying easily through the air, so it sounded as if he was right next to her.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Felicity Ellis

Quote from: Derek Black on February 21, 2018, 01:48:05 PM

[CMO's Office]

"And I wouldn't even be hurt if I were the second or third." Derek remarked dryly, followed by a chuckle at her previous comment. "And I don't know if all your patients would appreciate my bedside manner." Unlike his own often gruff methods, he had no qualms about Flick's. She had the unique ability to make anyone who spoke with her comfortable, regardless of who they were, a characteristic essential for a counselor. And if Derek had it his way, a future CMO.

He had no illusions about the office he held, knowing it was only a temporary berth and that as a non-commissioned physician, the title 'Doctor' that everyone called him by was a courtesy. Derek had never intended to stay on for long term, having looked forwards to retirement even before Starfleet asked him to get on the shuttle for Columbus. After a few months and their interesting missions, he was counting down the days until he'd be able to hand off the reins. Though young, Flick showed every sign of being capable. Derek intended to make it obvious to others too. "I'll speak with 'Fleet Med and ask for the extra hands. I still want you to maintain oversight on the cases they take though, I don't intend on having them here forever, unless you tell me it'd be clinically beneficial."

[Earlier - CMO's Office]

Felicity found her CMO's bedside manner quite refreshingly forthright, in all honesty, and knew it was an approach that fit well with most serving officers, particularly among those with the more practical or tactical backgrounds. "Well I'd take a no-nonsense and experienced bedside manner over flowery platitudes and lollipops any day," she returned with a grin. Odd, perhaps, coming from a counselor, but much like her own approach to her patients, everything was situational and always dependent on who exactly you were dealing with. She'd always preferred a businesslike method when it came to her own health.

"Sounds like a plan." She would never turn her nose up at assistance, but the added bonus of oversight was greatly appreciated. She stood, water still in hand. "I won't take up any more of your time Chief; it would seem that today is set to continue just as interestingly as it began. And thank you again." Chief Black was fast becoming one of her favourite people on Columbus, though if she'd been capable of reading his thoughts she may have ran from his office and straight for the hills much, much sooner.

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on February 21, 2018, 11:29:24 AM

Tritter wagered he had everyone who was going to show up, he wasn't too thrilled about two of them not showing up, but that is something that will be dealt with later. He than noticed the Counselor's arrival, he listened carefully to her entire statement, he than stated, "Hello Lieutenant and thank you. Let me know when the report is available" He kept it short and professional, as they didn't need to go to detail infront of the Cadet.

He than took a moment and stated, "Thank you both for coming, as part of the Command Change, the higher ups want to make sure we are up to the potential challenges of battle. You two are assigned to my team, Cadet Lachlyn will be serving as my Chief of Security and Lieutenant, we will need your help with handling any potential casualities, and perhaps as back up for Security if needed. Keep your heads on a swivel, things will happen, but a when and where is not something I will share, as this will keep you on your toes. Questions?" His heavily accented voice was calm and focused, he knew he had a mission and there was nothing that would get in his way.

[Now - CO's Office]

Felicity nodded an acknowledgement to the Captain's request. "Aye sir, will do."

She listened intently as he outlined their duties during the upcoming drill, and when he opened the floor for questions, she realised she had at least a dozen. Getting answers to any of them seemed unlikely, as the Captain struck her as a practical individual, and it would stand to reason that he would include all of the information he could within his initial briefing. She was about to inquire as to the nature and severity of the injuries that might be expected when Ensign Dorset arrived with his usual aplomb, and soaking wet clothes.

[Captain's Office]

Xander rant to announce his presence, then continued straight into the room, arriving obviously late to a meeting. He figured his soaking wet and disheveled appearance would be enough proof to those assembled that he wasn't shirking his duties though - there was just important science to be done after all. "Sorry I'm late, Cap. Lieutenant T'Prina and I were working on that project you approved last week, but things were a little... difficult with a missing ensign. What did I miss?"

The missing Ensign could only be one person. Paulsen. Damn. Inwardly she cringed, knowing that the science officers wouldn't be celebrating a prompt return of their missing teammate any time in the immediate future. She made a mental note to ensure that Lieutenant T'Prina received all reports pertaining to the intractable Ensign.

Naturally, Felicity was just dying to ask Dorset why he was soaking. Did his CSO attack him with a water pistol? Had he been so excited to go for a swim that he'd forgotten he was fully dressed? Her brother had done that once. Perhaps he'd been participating in a wet t-shirt competition, in his uniform, or posing for one of those old-school Earth calendars that her grandmother liked. She restrained herself, rather admirably in her opinion, and returned her attention to Tritter as he outlined his orders to Dorset.

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on February 21, 2018, 11:59:32 PM

Tritter hadn't waited long after he asked the others if they questions before he heard and saw another arrival. He wasn't exactly thrilled and he was sure that his expressions indicated as such. He than nodded slightly and than replied "Pretty much everything Ensign, better late than never. As part of the Command Change, the higher ups have decided they want to make sure we are ready for whatever may come. You are assigned to my team, you will be researching the chips and well, keep your head on a swivel. I'm not going to spoil all the fun however. Any questions?" His tone calm and mellow as he addressed the Ensign. His gaze shifted around the room, to see if the other two had any questions.

"You mentioned potential casualties earlier sir, are you expecting many? And can you tell me anything as to the possible nature of these injuries?" She asked, wondering if they could be dealing with burns, blunt force trauma or anything along those lines, which might also give a subtle clue with regard to what they'd be up against. "Are we expecting an attack or incursion of some kind from our own people?" Chances were that she wouldn't get any answers until the drill began, but she felt she'd be remiss if she didn't ask. As inconsistent as it sometimes was, her inner control freak was definitely surfacing.

It would seem that interesting things were about to happen on board the SBC, she could only hope that they were up to the challenge from the powers that be.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Auzual Knox

[ Gibson: Bridge ]

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on February 21, 2018, 09:30:23 PM

"Well Captain you will be pleased to know this vessel has had substantial upgrades on multiple levels. Firstly the new software allowed for a smoother user interface for all hands. There have been tweaks to the response time between the helm and the actual movement of the ship," Jenna began. "Furthermore, the heat reduction protocols will allow us to push to warp a bit faster and maintain longer.  There's no real visual difference in thrust, but she can still keep pace. The best part is the upgrade on shields and weaponry. The overhaul of not only the weaponry, but the shields is a marvel. I am not saying she can take on a whole army herself, but she will stand much longer and we can push the shields through much more now."

Knox followed intently as Jenna spoke and nodded along at particular moments to clarify her following and understanding. She was impressed by how well the young woman handled herself and was eager to see her shine with the added responsibility of running her department.

"Good. And, yes - we are aiming for that."

She nodded to Derek in case he had anything further to add.

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on February 21, 2018, 11:59:32 PM

"That we will Lieutenant Commander, god speed. Tritter out", short and to the point, his heavily accented voice had a unique way of carrying easily through the air, so it sounded as if he was right next to her.

Knox was beginning to hear the Captain's thoughts through his succinct responses and smiled. She then stood up and zipped the zipper a little on the chest of her combat/flight-suit like uniform.

"Computer, Gibson-wide comm."

"Bridge to the Gibson crew. You have been especially selected, chosen, for this mission. I have full confidence in you. Remember, no transmissions are to be made from here on out until our return. Standby for Disembarkation. All to your stations. Yellow Alert. Going dark in 5."

The lights dimmed and the consoles brightened as the Gibson realigned herself.

"Helm. Heading 332.5. Warp 2.7. Engage."

Come on, old girl.

A moment following the warp drive coming online, the Gibson shuddered and sparks flew out from the Ops console, throwing the Lt. unconscious. A couple of ensigns gasped as Cicero took over their station.

"Derek ..... McKinson ....."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on February 18, 2018, 09:45:32 PM

[ Main Engineering - CEO's Office ]

Jenna nodded as she listened to what Dan had to say. "I am ready chief. Here's to whatever curve balls happen to be thrown," she said with a smile. Jenna looked down at her hands and the newly placed promise ring on her ring finger. Her and Molly had exchanged them during a rather nice evening they had.

Mai Engineering - CEO's Office
"Very well, thank you, dismissed." Dan concluded, standing up from his chair and gesturing towards the exit with a friendly expression on his face. As Jenna left his office, he let out a big sigh, before sitting back down in his chair and taking his PADD to see who he intended on speaking to next.

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on February 21, 2018, 01:04:54 AM

Kyan had discarded his uniform in record time and donned his civilian clothes. He'd also managed to pack everything he might need for the mission, which included several bottles of spirits... for his crew. When he was ready, he tapped his com badge.

=/\= Mackenzie to T'Prina, Howell, B'nada, and Kempar. Pack up fer at least a week the now. Report to docking bay two in civilian clothes in one hour. Ye may want tae be bringin yer eye patches! Arrrr! Mackenzie out! =/\=

With that, the little Security Chief slung his duffel and stepped out of his quarters, eager to get this mission rolling.

Before he could really do much, his combadge sounded with the voice of Lt. Cmdr. McKenzie. He pondered for a few seconds, a frowned look upon his face, before replying  =/\= Aye, I'll be with you shortly. Howell out. =/\= Closing the channel, he raised from his chair, adjusting his uniform and headed towards his quarters, once he had sorted out who was doing what in Engineering.

Dan's quarters
He entered his quarters and changed out of his uniform, throwing most of it on a chair, but neatly placing his pips and badge on the table. He changed into more 21st century clothing, which is what he liked wearing off duty or in situations where he had to be in civi clothing, it was more comfortable. He dressed in Jeans, a white T-Shirt and a leather jacket. Once he'd packed a bag with enough for a week and a bit more, he slung it over his right shoulder, before making his way out, pausing for a moment to stare at his badge, before smiling and leaving to meet McKenzie, He sighed softly... I haven't had this feeling in a while he thought before leaving his quarters for the last time for what he was told a week.

Docking Bay 2
Time had passed quickly, as Dan arrived at Docking Bay 2, he still had no clue what or why he had been called here in civi clothes and 1 weeks packing. He was early, by not to much, so took a seat on a ledge to one of the windows that looked into the bay and waited for the others to arrive.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on February 22, 2018, 12:46:11 PM

[Earlier - CMO's Office]

Felicity found her CMO's bedside manner quite refreshingly forthright, in all honesty, and knew it was an approach that fit well with most serving officers, particularly among those with the more practical or tactical backgrounds. "Well I'd take a no-nonsense and experienced bedside manner over flowery platitudes and lollipops any day," she returned with a grin. Odd, perhaps, coming from a counselor, but much like her own approach to her patients, everything was situational and always dependent on who exactly you were dealing with. She'd always preferred a businesslike method when it came to her own health.

"Sounds like a plan." She would never turn her nose up at assistance, but the added bonus of oversight was greatly appreciated. She stood, water still in hand. "I won't take up any more of your time Chief; it would seem that today is set to continue just as interestingly as it began. And thank you again." Chief Black was fast becoming one of her favourite people on Columbus, though if she'd been capable of reading his thoughts she may have ran from his office and straight for the hills much, much sooner.

[Now - CO's Office]

Felicity nodded an acknowledgement to the Captain's request. "Aye sir, will do."

She listened intently as he outlined their duties during the upcoming drill, and when he opened the floor for questions, she realised she had at least a dozen. Getting answers to any of them seemed unlikely, as the Captain struck her as a practical individual, and it would stand to reason that he would include all of the information he could within his initial briefing. She was about to inquire as to the nature and severity of the injuries that might be expected when Ensign Dorset arrived with his usual aplomb, and soaking wet clothes.

The missing Ensign could only be one person. Paulsen. Damn. Inwardly she cringed, knowing that the science officers wouldn't be celebrating a prompt return of their missing teammate any time in the immediate future. She made a mental note to ensure that Lieutenant T'Prina received all reports pertaining to the intractable Ensign.

Naturally, Felicity was just dying to ask Dorset why he was soaking. Did his CSO attack him with a water pistol? Had he been so excited to go for a swim that he'd forgotten he was fully dressed? Her brother had done that once. Perhaps he'd been participating in a wet t-shirt competition, in his uniform, or posing for one of those old-school Earth calendars that her grandmother liked. She restrained herself, rather admirably in her opinion, and returned her attention to Tritter as he outlined his orders to Dorset.

"You mentioned potential casualties earlier sir, are you expecting many? And can you tell me anything as to the possible nature of these injuries?" She asked, wondering if they could be dealing with burns, blunt force trauma or anything along those lines, which might also give a subtle clue with regard to what they'd be up against. "Are we expecting an attack or incursion of some kind from our own people?" Chances were that she wouldn't get any answers until the drill began, but she felt she'd be remiss if she didn't ask. As inconsistent as it sometimes was, her inner control freak was definitely surfacing.

It would seem that interesting things were about to happen on board the SBC, she could only hope that they were up to the challenge from the powers that be.

Once the Lieutenant spoke, the Commanding Officer's focus shifted towards her. The large man was a silent and careful listener, not the type to cut others off and he always allowed himself time to come up with a proper reply if necessary. He than gave her a tidbit of information, but he didn't want to give it all away, he simply gave her a reply of "The typical battlefield injuries are primarily trauma injuries, burns, blunt force trauma and various weapon injuries" There was a certain calm and experienced nature about his reply as he addressed the Lieutenant. He had been there, done that and had the tshirt somewhere.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Derek Black

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on February 21, 2018, 09:30:23 PM

[ Gibson - Bridge ]

Jenna had finished her report and had hoped it was satisfactory to her new captain. Using work to distract herself was a good way of her working through grief. The news she received was horrible, but the temporary tears had gone so that she could perform her duty. This was not the time for grief.

Jenna had spent quite a bit of time in the medical bay when her partner was unwell, and Derek thought he had gotten to know her fairly well, at least by methods of observation. As she spoke now, her tone and body language reminded him of how she had reacted when first informed about Baker's injuries. It was subtle, but there. She looks like someone just shot her dog...I wonder why? "Let's try to keep her in one piece this time." Derek suggested, a smile softening the seriousness of his concerns. "We wouldn't want to wreck all of your team's hard work."

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on February 22, 2018, 04:00:41 PM

Knox followed intently as Jenna spoke and nodded along at particular moments to clarify her following and understanding. She was impressed by how well the young woman handled herself and was eager to see her shine with the added responsibility of running her department.

"Good. And, yes - we are aiming for that."

She nodded to Derek in case he had anything further to add.

Knox was beginning to hear the Captain's thoughts through his succinct responses and smiled. She then stood up and zipped the zipper a little on the chest of her combat/flight-suit like uniform.

"Computer, Gibson-wide comm."

"Bridge to the Gibson crew. You have been especially selected, chosen, for this mission. I have full confidence in you. Remember, no transmissions are to be made from here on out until our return. Standby for Disembarkation. All to your stations. Yellow Alert. Going dark in 5."

The lights dimmed and the consoles brightened as the Gibson realigned herself.

"Helm. Heading 332.5. Warp 2.7. Engage."

Come on, old girl.

A moment following the warp drive coming online, the Gibson shuddered and sparks flew out from the Ops console, throwing the Lt. unconscious. A couple of ensigns gasped as Cicero took over their station.

"Derek ..... McKinson ....."

Clutching his armrest to stay steady, Derek instinctively reacted once past his initial surprise to Knox's prompting. "Helm, all stop. Ops, get a medical team to the bridge, McKinson, damage report." The shuddering subsided as they dropped out of warp, allowing him to move up to the injured man. One of the brighter young officers brought him a medkit, and Derek once again became a clinician, letting Knox deal with the bigger picture while he stabilized the lieutenant.

"20ccs alkysine and 15ccs of dermaline for the burns please. Follow that with 10ccs terakine." He instructed the ensign, handing her the hypospray and tricorder. "Keep an eye on his norep levels, if they begin to rise, give him another 10 ccs of terakine." Derek glanced up at Knox, giving her a slight nod. He'll live. "What happened?"

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Derek Black on February 23, 2018, 01:35:09 PM

"20ccs alkysine and 15ccs of dermaline for the burns please. Follow that with 10ccs terakine." He instructed the ensign, handing her the hypospray and tricorder. "Keep an eye on his norep levels, if they begin to rise, give him another 10 ccs of terakine." Derek glanced up at Knox, giving her a slight nod. He'll live. "What happened?"

As everything began to run smoothly, Jenna's eyebrows went wide in surprise when the Lt. went flying. She looked around shocked and immediately cursed under her breath.  "What in blue blazes...." Jenna thought as she ran over everything from her console. She ran it quickly. She immediately tapped her combadge to relay her disappointment to her team.  =/\= "Talk to me what the hell happened. We an through everything twelve times..."=/\= After she heard that Mitchel inputted one number sequence incorrectly she thought "goddamn it Mitchel...." Her crew had already corrected the issue and she triple checked before she got back to Derek.

"An incorrect sequence was input that caused the inertial dampeners to be calibrated just enough off to cause the overload. I take full responsibility and it has been corrected," Jenna said as she hung her head in shame. She seemed just on the brink of tears, but held it together. She had not shown shaking hands clenched into a fist just below the console. "Keep it together... Cal would have wanted you to keep it together,"Jenna thought as she took a few deep breaths and collected herself. She then turned to the crew. "It's like the difference between carp and crap. One is something you don't wanna hear and the other is a delicious food," She said. "I promise you on my necklace that she is ready to go."

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Felicity Ellis

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on February 22, 2018, 11:41:36 PM

Once the Lieutenant spoke, the Commanding Officer's focus shifted towards her. The large man was a silent and careful listener, not the type to cut others off and he always allowed himself time to come up with a proper reply if necessary. He than gave her a tidbit of information, but he didn't want to give it all away, he simply gave her a reply of "The typical battlefield injuries are primarily trauma injuries, burns, blunt force trauma and various weapon injuries" There was a certain calm and experienced nature about his reply as he addressed the Lieutenant. He had been there, done that and had the tshirt somewhere.

[CO's Office]

Battlefield injuries!? Felicity was beginning to think that Mackenzie's training methods might not have been quite so harsh after all. At least in this instance they were being warned about what to expect, and from the sound of it things could get potentially very hairy, at any time. She wondered if this was really a drill to test their effectiveness, or if the fleet were expecting something... bigger, and wanted them to be ready. She fervently hoped for the former. And would prepare for the worst.

Her eyes had widened at the Captain's words, but when he'd finished speaking the clue she nodded. "Understood, sir." I think. She couldn't say she was happy at the prospect of serious injuries during any drill, no matter how important, but needs must and she had a job to do.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Auzual Knox

"

Quote from: Derek Black on February 23, 2018, 01:35:09 PM

Clutching his armrest to stay steady, Derek instinctively reacted once past his initial surprise to Knox's prompting. "Helm, all stop. Ops, get a medical team to the bridge, McKinson, damage report." The shuddering subsided as they dropped out of warp, allowing him to move up to the injured man. One of the brighter young officers brought him a medkit, and Derek once again became a clinician, letting Knox deal with the bigger picture while he stabilized the lieutenant.

Not too rusty at all, Derek.

Knox nodded to Helm and walked over to Jenna.

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on February 23, 2018, 08:27:45 PM

"An incorrect sequence was input that caused the inertial dampeners to be calibrated just enough off to cause the overload. I take full responsibility and it has been corrected," Jenna said as she hung her head in shame. She seemed just on the brink of tears, but held it together. She had not shown shaking hands clenched into a fist just below the console. "Keep it together... Cal would have wanted you to keep it together,"Jenna thought as she took a few deep breaths and collected herself. She then turned to the crew. "It's like the difference between carp and crap. One is something you don't wanna hear and the other is a delicious food," She said. "I promise you on my necklace that she is ready to go."

"No need for that, McKinson. Think of it as a lesson for when you take command of your own ship. Stretch her wings a little prior to taking her first full flight. You cannot get this kind of experience in a simulator on the holodeck."

She looked over to Cicero to wordlessly ask for a report.

"As the Lt. reported, we experienced a shortage due an incorrect calibration of the inertial dampers. Minor shortages on decks 2 and 4. The Bridge suffered the extent of the damage."

"Right, let's try this again shall we."

"Helm. Same coordinates. Warp 8."

Knox's past host Darzem was clearly enjoying himself, though a little impatient. He was looking forward to the War Games. She glanced down to the cryptic transmission on her PADD.

Soon.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on February 24, 2018, 07:57:40 AM

[CO's Office]

Battlefield injuries!? Felicity was beginning to think that Mackenzie's training methods might not have been quite so harsh after all. At least in this instance they were being warned about what to expect, and from the sound of it things could get potentially very hairy, at any time. She wondered if this was really a drill to test their effectiveness, or if the fleet were expecting something... bigger, and wanted them to be ready. She fervently hoped for the former. And would prepare for the worst.

Her eyes had widened at the Captain's words, but when he'd finished speaking the clue she nodded. "Understood, sir." I think. She couldn't say she was happy at the prospect of serious injuries during any drill, no matter how important, but needs must and she had a job to do.

Tritter looked between the two and than return his focus back to the Counselor, he could tell she was a bit... surprised for lack of a better term. He than stated "Dismissed" to the both of them, he would wait for both of them to leave, before he in turn would make his exit. He than made his way towards the local watering hole, as he knew thats where he would find the person he was looking for. Although he wasn't necessarily a fan of the Promenade, as things could often get a bit... out of hand, but thankfully, as of late, that had been a less common occurance.

Once he found the area he was looking for, he made his way inside Puzzles, he than scanned the area, looking for the Owner. It would take him maybe a minute to find her, he also noticed that he stuck out like a sore thumb. He was easily taller and more muscular than pretty much any non-Klingon on the base, also, the area wasn't commonly visited by those onduty, so that made him stick out even more. Regardless, he didn't care. Once he found her, he made his way towards her. He simply stood nearby until she finished whatever it was she was doing, once she did, he than stated, "Leanna, a moment in private if you will", his accented voice easily carried, perhaps too far. If someone didn't know him, they might be the type to accuse him of wanting to do something inappropriate, but if one did know him, they'd know she isn't his type.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on February 24, 2018, 10:54:29 AM

Once he found the area he was looking for, he made his way inside Puzzles, he than scanned the area, looking for the Owner. It would take him maybe a minute to find her, he also noticed that he stuck out like a sore thumb. He was easily taller and more muscular than pretty much any non-Klingon on the base, also, the area wasn't commonly visited by those onduty, so that made him stick out even more. Regardless, he didn't care. Once he found her, he made his way towards her. He simply stood nearby until she finished whatever it was she was doing, once she did, he than stated, "Leanna, a moment in private if you will", his accented voice easily carried, perhaps too far. If someone didn't know him, they might be the type to accuse him of wanting to do something inappropriate, but if one did know him, they'd know she isn't his type.

[Puzzles]

Leanna had just finished speaking with Marcus about the new menu items and giving her seal of approval to add them to the current menu including the specials board and went back into the main area of the Bar just as Captain Tritter approached her. The Betazoid was certainly curious as to why the Captain wanted to speak to her in private and at the same time was surprised to see him as he very rarely visited Puzzles but that didn't mean she wasn't happy to see him as she liked both him and his husband Ryan.

She also couldn't feel that it was something serious but no doubt would soon find that out as she answered him. " Of course Captain, we can talk more privately in my office" she replied leading the way to her inner sanctuary.

[Leanna's Office]

Once inside she turned to the Captain, ready to give him her full attention but wouldn't be a good hostess if she didn't offer a seat or refreshment. " Is there anything I can get you before we talk?".

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on February 24, 2018, 11:04:30 AM

[Puzzles]

Leanna had just finished speaking with Marcus about the new menu items and giving her seal of approval to add them to the current menu including the specials board and went back into the main area of the Bar just as Captain Tritter approached her. The Betazoid was certainly curious as to why the Captain wanted to speak to her in private and at the same time was surprised to see him as he very rarely visited Puzzles but that didn't mean she wasn't happy to see him as she liked both him and his husband Ryan.

She also couldn't feel that it was something serious but no doubt would soon find that out as she answered him. " Of course Captain, we can talk more privately in my office" she replied leading the way to her inner sanctuary.

[Leanna's Office]

Once inside she turned to the Captain, ready to give him her full attention but wouldn't be a good hostess if she didn't offer a seat or refreshment. " Is there anything I can get you before we talk?".

[Location: Puzzles]

Tritter had listened carefully and remained silent until she addressed him. He than nodded slightly once she spoke, he than replied with "Thank you", his tone had a calm and focused quality about it. He would than follow her towards her office, the large man had to duck slightly to enter the office, to avoid hitting his head. He than pondered over her next question of him, he shook his head slightly and said "No, thank you" He than took a few moments and than stated, "Naturally, this information stays between us", as the crew didn't often share information with civilians, as such could be considered as a breach of Operational Security. After the statement was acknowledged, he stated, "As part of the Command Change, the Fleet wants to make sure that we are up to the task. As such, we are under going a type of battle drill. We are going to be attacked, naturally, they are members of the crew you will be familiar with. Our goal will be to keep a "target" safe, and you will be the target. We are split into teams and my team is on the Station, they don't know" He had a feeling she would be surprised but he doubted it would be something she would object to.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.