Author Topic: Season 2 Episode 5 - Practice Makes Perfect  (Read 24179 times)

Offline Derek Black

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 2 Episode 5 - Practice Makes Perfect
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 01:51:16 pm »
"So this... this.. kid.. he was in command? Command of the Gibson last week when the aliens came to try and take the AI. It was a training mission before that. Ok.. So first thing.. right out the gate, Cadet Zorn.."

So THAT was her name! Kyan thought.

"...got shot in her rump with a live phaser. No one mentioned live phasers in the briefing, but HE authorized them without telliing anyone!" Paulsen glanced over at Kyan, who simply grinned and nodded. THAT had been a fun bit of training.

"And then... then when we get back, the situation turned real, and he orders the helmsman to put the ship between the alien energy pulses and the station.. KNOWING that we would probably be destroyed..."

"The which we were not, thanks be to the Powers." Kyan added

"...the Powers... yes.. and since I was acting as the XO for the mission, I informed him of the danger. Then he SHOT ME!" Paulsen near screeched.

Kyan shook his head, stifling a laugh. "Me boyo.. you tried tae commandeer the ship. And tha's called a mutiny. And THA is why I shot ye in yer arse with me phaser." The little Onlie cleared his throat. "Erhm.. the first toim... is why. The second one was on account of.. ok... picture in yer head here Mister Black... so this twit is shot, and falls tae th' deck, arse to the sky loik it twas a bicycle ramp. So... to drive home me point.. I MAY have let another blast... a light stun ya see.. um.. tae th' starboard butt cheek. An if it's an apology yer wantin... " Kyan paused, thought it over, and giggled.

"Ye'll nae get it. That was the funniest thing I ever saw... an since we were just about tae shuffle off anyways... Oi figured it couldn't hurt. An it didn't!"

"I still can't sit down without leaning!"

"It's been a few days is all boyo!" Kyan exclaimed. "Quit yer bitchin and foind yet fookin stones!"

"I hate you!" Paulsen exclaimed, the vein in his head pulsating. He took a moment to calm himself before continuing. "That ASSAULT aside..."

Kyan laughed "Which Oi'm investigatin fer ye as we speak!" he replied in mock sincerity.

Paulsen's teeth could be heard grinding. "TODAY we were to do another training session, which I was forced to attend. And AGAIN there were real phasers, set to stun, and the safety protocals were turned OFF! I was nearly cut in two!"

"There's nae a scratch on yer self ya great cryin grup!" Kyan spat back incredulously. "Near cut in half!"

"I was able to move... thankfully... but I hit my head on a rock!"

"Lord an Lady get this man a fookin hot tub an some Orions tae nurse his own self back tae health..." Kyan exclaimed sarcastically, throwing his good arm up to the heavens in supplication. "The black fookin sadness of is plight!"

[CMO's Office]

"This 'kid' is over 400 years old, Ensign." Derek stated tightly, glaring at the science officer. "You'd do well to remember that when he gives tactical direction." While he wasn't fond of Mackenzie's work methods, or the fact that he had filled the remaining space in the Medical Bay with casualties from Gibson on their last little adventure, Derek did recognize that he had more or less delayed the alien entities enough for them to save Analyn.

In the next moment though, his gaze turned exasperated when the diminutive security officer spoke. Age and experience of four hundred with the maturity of an eight year old! This is ridiculous! "Enough!" Derek broke into their continued bickering sharply, just on cue with Flick's arrival.

[CMO's Office]

The sight that met her when she stepped into Derek's office was quite unexpected. She paused at the threshold for a moment, wondering if the doctor's previous meeting had run late. Then she noticed how disheveled the two injured officers before him were. "Good morning, Chief." She greeted, her eyes slid from his and followed his glare to Lieutenant Commander Mackenzie and Ensign... Ensign...

What was his name? She forced her mind to think, to cycle through the names of the crew she'd spoken to, met with, or planned on meeting with. The slight frown deepened on her brow. Paulsen, that's it. His name is Robert Paulsen.

"Commander Mackenzie. Ensign Paulsen." She nodded a greeting to them both in turn, the spark of curiosity inside igniting.

"Counselor." Derek greeted his senior mental health subject matter expert with an apologetic look, before returning his attention to the other two. She was already dealing with enough, he wasn't happy of having to put even more workload on her. "It's obvious to me that you both have working relationship issues which go far beyond the norm. Ensign, your lack of respect for the chain of command is startling, and Commander Mackenzie would have been well within his right to remove you from the bridge for your attempt to countermand his orders. Orders that may very well have saved this Station." Derek was through with singing Mackenzie's praises though, and switched targets seamlessly, turning to Kyan.

"On the other hand, turning safeties off on holodeck training simulations is a violation of this station's Health and Safety protocols. In addition, even more grievous, not informing those under your direction that they were using live weapons was, in my opinion, grossly negligent. That, however, is a determination for Captain Tritter to make." Behind Flick, Derek had noticed the Station Commander's presence, though he gave no indication of a greeting. He had no qualms about doing his job, even under the watchful eye of his Captain.

"For these infractions, along with what was just witnessed in the medical bay, I am placing both of you under a 48 hour psychological watch. You're relieved of duty until cleared by Counselor Ellis. You will return to your respective quarters immediately and remain there until summoned. Ensign Paulson, I will advise Lieutenant T'Prina of the situation. Commander Mackenzie, I believe your chain of command has already been informed." Derek nodded past them at the Captain, a sour taste in his mouth. After everything they had been through, he had expected some conflict amongst the crew, but a case like this was nearly unheard of. "Any objections, sir?"

Online Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 02:33:07 pm »
[CMO's Office]

"For these infractions, along with what was just witnessed in the medical bay, I am placing both of you under a 48 hour psychological watch. You're relieved of duty until cleared by Counselor Ellis. You will return to your respective quarters immediately and remain there until summoned. Ensign Paulson, I will advise Lieutenant T'Prina of the situation. Commander Mackenzie, I believe your chain of command has already been informed." Derek nodded past them at the Captain, a sour taste in his mouth. After everything they had been through, he had expected some conflict amongst the crew, but a case like this was nearly unheard of. "Any objections, sir?"

"Aye I do, since ye asked." Kyan offered quickly. "Farstly, if ye dinnae want this station tae get invaded, or exploded, or otherwise fooked sideways by whoever has the notion to do so, you'll think again on yer stupid protocals."

"See?" Paulsen interjected.

Kyan turned on the Ensign, his face now beginning to more closely match his hair. "And the next words comin from your mouth will be followed by my fist shovin'em back in. If ye think, because yer bigger or "stronger" that ye'll be layin yer grubby grup mits on me person again, yer as daft as a Klingon doin ballet dancin. The next toim, Oi'll knock yer fookin teeth outta yer skull and trow yer arse in a brig cell. Ye've 'ad yer warnin the now boyo, an the last one too."

Then back to Chief Black, with the occasional glance at Ellis and Trtter. "You grups here are soft as a Tribble's fuury arse ye are, which is owin tae yer own rules and protocals. This one 'ere? He's nae the only one. "E's NORMAL for you lot. It's all soonshine an rainbows, even when yer tryin tae train for killin! Do the Dominion sit around talkin aboot rules and standards? No, they about their killin an no mistake. Klingons? Romulans? No. Ask a Bajoran if soonshine and fookin singalongs got them out from the Cardassians. Or ask them what faces the Borg if they'll turn the fookin safeties on fer 'em." Kyan shook his head. "Looky.. Oi'm on about trainin these folk on how tae keep livin when the toim comes. I'm after keepin 'em breathin, not dyin. And if it means someone gets stunned by a phaser once in a while, or has tae come see you tae get mended up after fookin up trainin, then Thas what it'll be. Better that than comin tae see ye when it's real."

Kyan peered up at Tritter. "Ye'll do what ye will Captain, the which is yer choice, but if'n ye want me tae be in charge of Security and keepin the wolves out, then let me be about it my own way and do it roit. Otherwise, best ye just foind some other bloke!" Then to Ellis, "An all the records on me ye'll be needin are already there. Ye'll nae need to watch me. Yer headshrinker buddies have seem me plenty!"

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:40:01 pm by Kyan Mackenzie »

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 06:45:43 pm »
[ Jenna and Molly's Quarters ]

=/\=" I can be there in a jiffy. I am on my way to the next turbolift" =/\=

After Jenna tapped her combadge, she ran out of the door after she grabbed Molly's note that she left for her. The two were always in different sections of the base lately, so they decided to leave notes for one another.

[ Main Engineering - CEO's Office]

"Morning Chief," Jenna said as she stepped into Dan's office. She couldn't tell if the meeting request was good or bad from Dan's tone. Despite the nice calm of the yoga, she was worried a little about this meeting. She would need to take it in stride.
Main Engineering - CEO's Office
Dan was glancing between a PADD and his main computer terminal, in a rather hypnotic state when Jenna came round. Her sprightly presence made him jump, so much so he jumped out of his chair slightly. Moving him self back into position, doing his best to cover it up, he looked up replying"Ah, morning Jenna, come in, please take a seat." He said, with a smile, gesturing to the chair that resided on the other side of his desk.

He waited for her to sit down, before leaning forward on his desk. "Jenna, I've decided to start doing 1 on 1 crew meetings once a month, in which time I'll raise any problems or more hopefully commendations with you, and likewise you are able to raise any issues, concerns or problems you may have or are going through." Allowing a few seconds for her to take that in, he picked up yet another PADD on his desk and placed it in front of him, it propped up in his hand before continuing "Now, it's been a tricky few months for everyone here, but no doubt especially hard for you, what with everything that happened to Molly? I really just wanted today to make sure that your ok and that you still feel you can give 100% - I've got no reason to think otherwise, but I just wanna hear it from the horses mouth so to speak." He ended, with a smile on his face, ready to make notes of the meeting with the PADD he was holding.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 06:55:38 pm »
[Commanding Officer's Office]

He than offered her a PADD, "This includes your crew as well as what their assignment is", when she reviewed it, the following information would be present:

Once he had given her a few moments to review it, he than stated, "The goal is that the Starbase crew must protect a high value target, the Gibson crew will be focused on analyzing and studying a nearby planet. The Freighter crew will be the attackers of the Columbus, questions?" His heavily accented voice had reverted back to it's usual seriousness, as he knew that they were under the microscope at this point.

Knox smiled as he thanked her and was rather curious as to the new assignment. Reviewing the PADD, she was somewhat concerned at the mention of the Gibson.

"The Gibson 2.0 is ready? And, all of the requested improvements were granted? Certainly shall be interesting to see how the new ship handles herself."

She reviewed the list. Excellent, Derek and McKinson.

Tritter had been focused on finishing up with Knox, when he heard reports of a fight in sick bay. He grumbled a bit, he wasn't too happy with this whole situation. He than tapped his comm badge and replied with "On my way", he than looked towards Knox and stated, "Unfortunately we will have to cut this short, round up your crew and proceed accordingly. Dismissed"

Knox rolled her eyes and stood up.

"We are going to have to do something about our second oldest crew member at some point."

[Ops]

Nodding and following him out, she went to a console to review the new Gibson's system logs once more.

=/\= Knox to Black. Let me know when things are a little quieter in Sickbay, Derek. Coffee on me. Knox out. =/\=
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:59:09 pm by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 09:45:03 pm »
Kyan smiled at her. "Ahh Counselor. Merry Met and just in toime ye are. This one's two shakes of a Benzite's blue whisker from either blowin a gasket or meeting. is. maker." Kyan delivered the last bit while glancing over to Paulsen. "It's work ye've got ahead of ye it is nursin his brain back from the cliff."

He stood up from his chair. "Oi'll nae bring charges against him though, fer trying tae attack me an all, an mutiny. Enough's the shame o bein so raggedly piss poor at bothendeavors. No harm done." He grinned up at Black. "But Oi'd be in yer debt it ye could fix me arm though Chief. Oi' AM a lefty afterall."

"Counselor." Derek greeted his senior mental health subject matter expert with an apologetic look, before returning his attention to the other two. She was already dealing with enough, he wasn't happy of having to put even more workload on her. "It's obvious to me that you both have working relationship issues which go far beyond the norm. Ensign, your lack of respect for the chain of command is startling, and Commander Mackenzie would have been well within his right to remove you from the bridge for your attempt to countermand his orders. Orders that may very well have saved this Station." Derek was through with singing Mackenzie's praises though, and switched targets seamlessly, turning to Kyan.

"On the other hand, turning safeties off on holodeck training simulations is a violation of this station's Health and Safety protocols. In addition, even more grievous, not informing those under your direction that they were using live weapons was, in my opinion, grossly negligent. That, however, is a determination for Captain Tritter to make." Behind Flick, Derek had noticed the Station Commander's presence, though he gave no indication of a greeting. He had no qualms about doing his job, even under the watchful eye of his Captain.

[CMO's Office]

Using live weapons? Physical attacks? Mutiny? Felicity's brow arched higher and higher as she listened, eyes darting from Derek, to Mackenzie, to Paulsen with each new nugget of background information. As disadvantaged as she had been when she first walked in, she was catching up on the situation quite quickly. The farce continued before her, and in front of the Captain himself, no less.

She merely nodded in agreement with her CMO, in truth, if half of what she'd heard was factual, she believed that the pair were getting off rather lightly considering the accusations being thrown around. She turned her body slightly to look at Captain Tritter and await his response, when Mackenzie himself objected.

"Aye I do, since ye asked." Kyan offered quickly. "Farstly, if ye dinnae want this station tae get invaded, or exploded, or otherwise fooked sideways by whoever has the notion to do so, you'll think again on yer stupid protocals."

Kyan turned on the Ensign, his face now beginning to more closely match his hair. "And the next words comin from your mouth will be followed by my fist shovin'em back in. If ye think, because yer bigger or "stronger" that ye'll be layin yer grubby grup mits on me person again, yer as daft as a Klingon doin ballet dancin. The next toim, Oi'll knock yer fookin teeth outta yer skull and trow yer arse in a brig cell. Ye've 'ad yer warnin the now boyo, an the last one too."

Then back to Chief Black, with the occasional glance at Ellis and Trtter. "You grups here are soft as a Tribble's fuury arse ye are, which is owin tae yer own rules and protocals. This one 'ere? He's nae the only one. "E's NORMAL for you lot. It's all soonshine an rainbows, even when yer tryin tae train for killin! Do the Dominion sit around talkin aboot rules and standards? No, they about their killin an no mistake. Klingons? Romulans? No. Ask a Bajoran if soonshine and fookin singalongs got them out from the Cardassians. Or ask them what faces the Borg if they'll turn the fookin safeties on fer 'em." Kyan shook his head. "Looky.. Oi'm on about trainin these folk on how tae keep livin when the toim comes. I'm after keepin 'em breathin, not dyin. And if it means someone gets stunned by a phaser once in a while, or has tae come see you tae get mended up after fookin up trainin, then Thas what it'll be. Better that than comin tae see ye when it's real."

Kyan peered up at Tritter. "Ye'll do what ye will Captain, the which is yer choice, but if'n ye want me tae be in charge of Security and keepin the wolves out, then let me be about it my own way and do it roit. Otherwise, best ye just foind some other bloke!" Then to Ellis, "An all the records on me ye'll be needin are already there. Ye'll nae need to watch me. Yer headshrinker buddies have seem me plenty!"

There was something almost poetic to the cadence of his speech and choice of words, she thought, and under other circumstances she had no doubt that she would have found infinite charm in his patter. There was undisputed passion in his speech, which she appreciated despite its defensive nature and obvious insult to her race. However with passion for one's position sometimes came an untiring doggedness in the face of any proposed alternative. His methods were quite extreme by Starfleet standards, and would likely create effective soldiers, though possibly only among those who were less 'precious' and more inclined toward that particular vocation. Not to mention the fact that she'd likely end up treating a vast percentage of the wash-outs for some manner psychological trauma.

"I have no intention of 'headshrinking' you, Commander, but I do believe Dr. Black's order is a necessary response to this conflict, the fallout from which, if allowed to continue, could be very damaging," she responded when he'd finished. Blatant disregard for safety, blatant disregard for authority, and fisticuffs in sickbay. Bloody hell, what a precedent to set. "And I don't think anyone here is questioning the results you want to achieve. Ensuring everyone is capable of defending themselves adequately is an admirable goal. Sometimes though, training can be situational; an approach that works for one trainee might not necessarily work for another. Not everyone is made for battle."

Her gaze slid from Mackenzie to Paulsen. She wondered if the science officer realised just how serious the allegations against him were, and just how lucky he was that they were having this conversation here, instead of at a court martial. "Of course we will have to discuss any personal issues you might have with authority, Ensign, as they appear to be hindering your ability to perform your duties and take orders effectively."

She glanced at Derek, and then at the Captain. "Forty-eight hours is a reasonable amount of time to provide a little perspective, I think. And if you'd like mediation for this..." Mess. The whole thing is a ridiculous mess. "Disagreement, then I'd be happy to facilitate, sir."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:17:33 pm by Felicity Ellis »

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 12:38:16 am »
[Location: Commanding Officer's Office]

Tritter had been focused on finishing up with Knox, when he heard reports of a fight in sick bay. He grumbled a bit, he wasn't too happy with this whole situation. He than tapped his comm badge and replied with "On my way", he than looked towards Knox and stated, "Unfortunately we will have to cut this short, round up your crew and proceed accordingly. Dismissed" He than made his exit, he was moving a quick pace that was just nearly a double time. Crew members moved quickly out of the Commanding Officer's way, he had business to attend to and people seemingly knew that moving out of his way was smart. While on his way, he tapped his comm badge and requested Cadet Lachlyn to join him, he simply stated, "Commander Tritter to Cadet Lachlyn, meet me in sick bay", his voice was firm and slightly aggressive sounding, he wasn't too happy.

It took him maybe all of five minutes to make his way to Sick Bay, and by the time he arrived, it was still a mess, but the majority of the situation was over. He had noticed that they had gathered in Chief Black's office and all seemed under control, so he took a few more minutes to survey the damage. He wasn't too impressed with the Lieutenant Commander's behavior that resulted in this, although it did remind him of when he was a younger man and did such himself, a way of lashing out if you will. He than proceeded to make his way inside Chief Black's office, although he walked in an almost silent fashion to not disturb anyone, he simply just stood in the doorway, arms folded. He knew he had been difficult for Captain Stafford, but he never wrecked the base unless it was part of doing his job, not due to some petty little fight, perhaps this was his payback for it. Although he had been admonished by Captain Stafford for his violent tendencies, including dropping a Ferengi roughly to the deck, but he wasn't the type to get into silly little fights, and this would be dealt with. Listening to the conversation, he wasn't going to step on anyone's toes, he was content to listen for the time being.

Tanner had been quietly reading a report while walking the corridor when the call came in. It had been a bit of a challenge get back into the swing of shifts, especially since some of the security crew had a bit of an issue with their new Chief. There were days Tanner felt more like a mediator due to her sex than a part of the gang.

Reporting that she was on her way, she booked it to the nearest lift. It was a mere few more moments later before she arrived in Sickbay.

[Sickbay]

"Sir?" Tanner said as she noted Tritter, "Have we been attacked?"

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 12:55:13 am »

[Location: Chief Medical Officer's Office]

Tritter remained standing behind the crew members, he listened quietly to what had been going on. So far, he wasn't too impressed with the whole situation. He didn't witness what happened, but he kept quiet for a few moments, allowing the Lieutenant Commander to finish. Once they finished, he shifted his gaze towards them and locked gaze with them, he than stated, "While I understand that you have your own way of doing things and there are plenty of times where being assertive is needed, there are times where it is crossing the line." His heavily accented voice easily made a presence in the small area. He knew what was involved with being Chief of Security and it wasn't necessary for him to mention that he held the Lieutenant Commander's position in the past.

[CMO's Office]

"This 'kid' is over 400 years old, Ensign." Derek stated tightly, glaring at the science officer. "You'd do well to remember that when he gives tactical direction." While he wasn't fond of Mackenzie's work methods, or the fact that he had filled the remaining space in the Medical Bay with casualties from Gibson on their last little adventure, Derek did recognize that he had more or less delayed the alien entities enough for them to save Analyn.

In the next moment though, his gaze turned exasperated when the diminutive security officer spoke. Age and experience of four hundred with the maturity of an eight year old! This is ridiculous! "Enough!" Derek broke into their continued bickering sharply, just on cue with Flick's arrival.

Tritter listened carefully to the exchange between Black and MacKenzie, he had no need to involve himself too much yet, as he had full faith in the Chief Medical Officer to handle the situation. The situation to him was also highly uncalled for, as he had never gone into that type of... rage and caused these kinds of issues. The timing on the other hand was extremely poor, but he had no choice at this point but to roll with it. He than stated, "No objections Chief, but I want the two of you to know this", his gaze shifted from MacKenzie to Paulsen, "Due your shenanigans, you have delayed the start of the Operation requested by the Admirality, which is going to be a fun one to explain, and let me make this very clear, antics that will make me look like a fool won't be tolerated, handle your business, but don't make me look like an idiot" His tone indicated he was highly less than pleased as he spoke to the two men, or well, one man and one with the maturity of his own children.

[CMO's Office]

Using live weapons? Physical attacks? Mutiny? Felicity's brow arched higher and higher as she listened, eyes darting from Derek, to Mackenzie, to Paulsen with each new nugget of background information. As disadvantaged as she had been when she first walked in, she was catching up on the situation quite quickly. The farce continued before her, and in front of the Captain himself, no less.

She merely nodded in agreement with her CMO, in truth, if half of what she'd heard was factual, she believed that the pair were getting off rather lightly considering the accusations being thrown around. She turned her body slightly to look at Captain Tritter and await his response, when Mackenzie himself objected.

There was something almost poetic to the cadence of his speech and choice of words, she thought, and under other circumstances she had no doubt that she would have found infinite charm in his patter. There was undisputed passion in his speech, which she appreciated despite its defensive nature and obvious insult to her race. However with passion for one's position sometimes came an untiring doggedness in the face of any proposed alternative. His methods were quite extreme by Starfleet standards, and would likely create effective soldiers, though possibly only among those who were less 'precious' and more inclined toward that particular vocation. Not to mention the fact that she'd likely end up treating a vast percentage of the wash-outs for some manner psychological trauma.

"I have no intention of 'headshrinking' you, Commander, but I do believe Dr. Black's order is a necessary response to this conflict, the fallout from which, if allowed to continue, could be very damaging," she responded when he'd finished. Blatant disregard for safety, blatant disregard for authority, and fisticuffs in sickbay. Bloody hell, what a precedent to set. "And I don't think anyone here is questioning the results you want to achieve. Ensuring everyone is capable of defending themselves adequately is an admirable goal. Sometimes though, training can be situational; an approach that works for one trainee might not necessarily work for another. Not everyone is made for battle."

Her gaze slid from Mackenzie to Paulsen. She wondered if the science officer realised just how serious the allegations against him were, and just how lucky he was that they were having this conversation here, instead of at a court martial. "Of course we will have to discuss any personal issues you might have with authority, Ensign, as they appear to be hindering your ability to perform your duties and take orders effectively."

She glanced at Derek, and then at the Captain. "Forty-eight hours is a reasonable amount of time to provide a little perspective, I think. And if you'd like mediation for this..." Mess. The whole thing is a ridiculous mess. "Disagreement, then I'd be happy to facilitate, sir."

Tritter had his doubts on the stories feasibility, but he will get down to the truth later, as he had an uncanny knack for those things. But right now, he had other things to focus on and there was bigger fish to fry and he was trying to make a good impression on the higher ups, and he knew this wasn't the start he wanted to have had. He than turned his focus to the Counselor, he than stated to her, "Do take care of it Lieutenant, this type of thing can't be ongoing" He knew such sounded a bit... harsh, but he had to make sure he ran a tight ship, or at least, tight in the right ways, and while he did approve of handling certain situations with violence, this was not one of them. He than heard a set of footsteps approaching him, he shifted to focus on the new arrival.

Tanner had been quietly reading a report while walking the corridor when the call came in. It had been a bit of a challenge get back into the swing of shifts, especially since some of the security crew had a bit of an issue with their new Chief. There were days Tanner felt more like a mediator due to her sex than a part of the gang.

Reporting that she was on her way, she booked it to the nearest lift. It was a mere few more moments later before she arrived in Sickbay.

[Sickbay]

"Sir?" Tanner said as she noted Tritter, "Have we been attacked?"

He than locked his focus on Tanner, he nodded slightly and stated, "Thank you coming quickly Cadet We haven't been attacked, but things got more than slightly out of hand. Once this situation is settled, which will be shortly, we will need to talk." He than turned towards Lieutenant Commander MacKenzie, "Once your punishment is complete, you and I need to talk, as your role in our shake down is critical, and you need to be on your end game. I will find you once Counselor Ellis advises me that you are cleared for duty" His heavily accented voice remained calm and confident, he was an expert at holding himself together in these types of situations.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:08:47 am by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 01:02:10 am »

Tritter remained standing behind the crew members, he listened quietly to what had been going on. So far, he wasn't too impressed with the whole situation. He didn't witness what happened, but he kept quiet for a few moments, allowing the Lieutenant Commander to finish. Once they finished, he shifted his gaze towards them and locked gaze with them, he than stated, "While I understand that you have your own way of doing things and there are plenty of times where being assertive is needed, there are times where it is crossing the line." His heavily accented voice easily made a presence in the small area. He knew what was involved with being Chief of Security and it wasn't necessary for him to mention that he held the Lieutenant Commander's position in the past.

Tritter listened carefully to the exchange between Black and MacKenzie, he had no need to involve himself too much yet, as he had full faith in the Chief Medical Officer to handle the situation. The situation to him was also highly uncalled for, as he had never gone into that type of... rage and caused these kinds of issues. The timing on the other hand was extremely poor, but he had no choice at this point but to roll with it. He than stated, "No objections Chief, but I want the two of you to know this", his gaze shifted from MacKenzie to Paulsen, "Due your shenanigans, you have delayed the start of the Operation requested by the Admirality, which is going to be a fun one to explain, and let me make this very clear, antics that will make me look like a fool won't be tolerated, handle your business, but don't make me look like an idiot" His tone indicated he was highly less than pleased as he spoke to the two men, or well, one man and one with the maturity of his own children.

Tritter had his doubts on the stories feasibility, but he will get down to the truth later, as he had an uncanny knack for those things. But right now, he had other things to focus on and there was bigger fish to fry and he was trying to make a good impression on the higher ups, and he knew this wasn't the start he wanted to have had. He than turned his focus to the Counselor, he than stated to her, "Do take care of it Lieutenant, this type of thing can't be ongoing" He knew such sounded a bit... harsh, but he had to make sure he ran a tight ship, or at least, tight in the right ways, and while he did approve of handling certain situations with violence, this was not one of them. He than heard a set of footsteps approaching him, he shifted to focus on the new arrival.

He than locked his focus on Tanner, he nodded slightly and stated, "Thank you coming quickly Cadet. We haven't been attacked, but things got more than slightly out of hand. Once this situation is settled, which will be shortly, we will need to talk." He than turned towards Lieutenant Commander MacKenzie, "Once your punishment is complete, you and I need to talk, as your role in our shake down is critical, and you need to be on your end game. I will find you once Counselor Ellis advises me that you are cleared for duty" His heavily accented voice remained calm and confident, he was an expert at holding himself together in these types of situations.

Punishment? Tanner kept her mouth quiet but she couldn't help but make assumptions. It wasn't everyday she walked into a situation like this. Well, on this Station it wasn't entirely abnormal but on a broader scope it was definitely unique.

She thought it wise to nod to Tritter before heading to the corner, literally, of the very tense room.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:09:12 am by Michael J. Tritter »

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 11:27:48 am »
[Puzzles]

Once Ariana had her fill of the play area which involved her mother running after and catching her several times when she tried to run into the main restaurant, Leanna picked her up wondering where she got all her energy from and sat down in one of the booths. Making sure that Ariana was preoccupied by the crayons and colouring book that they provided in every family booth she waved Seamus over.

" Tell Marcus that I'm ready to sample those new menu items and when you get a minute could you get us both a fruit smoothie?" she said thinking she could do with a drink thanks to running after her daughter.

"Sure Lea, I'll let him know and then I'll bring those drinks over"He replied.

" Thanks Seamus" she said smiling sitting back for a moment as her friend and Manager left to speak to her Head Cook and organise the drinks she requested.

Not having to wait very long before the drinks arrived, thanking Seamus as Marcus then appeared carrying a large tray laden with small plates containing the new dish ideas for the menu.

" They look good Marcus" she stated wondering where to start first until Ariana reached over and took a piece of popcorn shrimp. " Well they have Ariana's seal of approval" she said grinning.

"Thanks Lea, I'll leave you two be and come see me once your done"Marcus replied leaving the tray as he headed back into the kitchen. Leanna knew he wasn't one for conversation or standing about so had no issue going to see him once she had her mother take Ariana.

Offline Derek Black

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 04:25:25 pm »
[CMO's Office]

While grateful to have Flick and Tritter's backing, Derek didn't show it externally. "I don't think we really need to beat a dead horse any longer. Ensign, return to your quarters. Commander, Doctor Styles is on duty in sickbay, he will mend your shoulder, after which you will also proceed back to your quarters. If you require a security escort, one can be arranged." Derek felt ridiculous, as if he were sending two kids to their rooms for a grounding. He waited for the two to leave before turning to Flick and Tritter.

"Flick, thank you for coming on such short notice. Captain, I apologize you had to get involved in this, but I suspect this may not be an isolated incident, just one that has been more...visible. I have the utmost confidence in the Counselor's abilities, and will advise you of her recommendations."

=/\= Knox to Black. Let me know when things are a little quieter in Sickbay, Derek. Coffee on me. Knox out. =/\=

Despite the seriousness of their current dilemma regarding a senior officer, Derek had to smile at Knox's version of a summons. =/\="We're just wrapping up now. Feel free to come down."=/\= Glancing at Flick, he narrowed his eyes slightly, before a knowing expression crossed his face. "Ellis, why don't you have a seat. Captain, is there anything else we can do for you at this moment?"

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 06:54:45 pm »
Main Engineering - CEO's Office
Dan was glancing between a PADD and his main computer terminal, in a rather hypnotic state when Jenna came round. Her sprightly presence made him jump, so much so he jumped out of his chair slightly. Moving him self back into position, doing his best to cover it up, he looked up replying"Ah, morning Jenna, come in, please take a seat." He said, with a smile, gesturing to the chair that resided on the other side of his desk.

He waited for her to sit down, before leaning forward on his desk. "Jenna, I've decided to start doing 1 on 1 crew meetings once a month, in which time I'll raise any problems or more hopefully commendations with you, and likewise you are able to raise any issues, concerns or problems you may have or are going through." Allowing a few seconds for her to take that in, he picked up yet another PADD on his desk and placed it in front of him, it propped up in his hand before continuing "Now, it's been a tricky few months for everyone here, but no doubt especially hard for you, what with everything that happened to Molly? I really just wanted today to make sure that your ok and that you still feel you can give 100% - I've got no reason to think otherwise, but I just wanna hear it from the horses mouth so to speak." He ended, with a smile on his face, ready to make notes of the meeting with the PADD he was holding.

[ Main Engineering - CEO's Office ]

Jenna took a seat and listened to what Dan had to say. She agreed in her mind that it was a good idea to meet one on one with him to discuss things. When she heard months, she smiled had it really been that long? She passed it off as Dan looked at her to ask her if she was ready to give her one hundred percent. She knew she was not herself over the ordeal, but she felt she was back into a good rhythm. "You heard it from the horse's mouth that I am ready to give it my all. My mind is clear, my soul is calm, and I know I can give it my one hundred percent," She said as she adjusted her glasses. She adjusted in her seat before she spoke again. "Chief I know I was acting a bit reckless a while ago, but I do want to assure you that I am good now. I have taken up yoga, gotten myself some incense, and taken some time to self reflect. I will be on top of my game," as she said this, there was a seriousness in her eyes and there was no way she could be interpreted as lying in that moment. She was ready to give it her all.

She had hoped this would easy any ills Dan had. She also hoped she could hear what she needed to work on so that she could grow. She had a feeling what some of it might be, but she was prepared when she first heard one on one meeting to hear what she needed to fix. She sat back and folded her hands in her lap to show she was ready to listen. She found herself talking with her hands as she was explaining herself so she decided that while she listened, she would keep her hands still.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 11:50:42 pm »
[CMO's Office]

While grateful to have Flick and Tritter's backing, Derek didn't show it externally. "I don't think we really need to beat a dead horse any longer. Ensign, return to your quarters. Commander, Doctor Styles is on duty in sickbay, he will mend your shoulder, after which you will also proceed back to your quarters. If you require a security escort, one can be arranged." Derek felt ridiculous, as if he were sending two kids to their rooms for a grounding. He waited for the two to leave before turning to Flick and Tritter.

"Flick, thank you for coming on such short notice. Captain, I apologize you had to get involved in this, but I suspect this may not be an isolated incident, just one that has been more...visible. I have the utmost confidence in the Counselor's abilities, and will advise you of her recommendations."

Despite the seriousness of their current dilemma regarding a senior officer, Derek had to smile at Knox's version of a summons. =/\="We're just wrapping up now. Feel free to come down."=/\= Glancing at Flick, he narrowed his eyes slightly, before a knowing expression crossed his face. "Ellis, why don't you have a seat. Captain, is there anything else we can do for you at this moment?"

Tritter remained silent, the whole situation baffled him, but perhaps it would be enough to at least get Lieutenant Commander MacKenzie to tone it down maybe 25% of one level of his craziness. He wasn't asking for a heck of a lot he wagered. He could also tell the CMO was not amused, although, it oddly reminded him of his days as a police officer, most of it was dealing with this kind of silliness.

He than pondered the CMO's question briefly and than stated, "No Chief, although a heads up in regards to our next mission is warranted. With the change in Commanding Officer, the Fleet wants to make sure we are ready to go at a moment's notice, therefore we have been assigned to perform a battle type drill that they will be watching closely. The crew is being split into three teams, with myself, Lieutenant Commander Knox, and our grounded one being the team leads. Chief Black, you are with Lieutenant Commander Knox, and Lieutenant Ellis, you are with me, once they are un-grounded, please come see me" He deliberately left out the fact that they were being put behind because of the antics.

He than turned his focus towards Cadet Lachlyn, "Come with me Cadet", he than turned on a heel and made his exit, he made his way somewhere familiar, he made his way towards Main Security, he than made his way inside, being greeted accordingly, he just gave a quick "Carry on" as the directive. He than shifted his focus towards the Cadet as they had entered the armory, he proceeded to hand her a phaser rifle and than stated, "For the next mission, you are going to be on my team if you will, as I mentioned prior, the crew is being split into three groups, you'll be acting Chief of Security, questions?" He knew he was putting her feet to the fire, but he figured thats how some learn best, and thats how he got to where he was.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 01:53:42 am »

Tritter remained silent, the whole situation baffled him, but perhaps it would be enough to at least get Lieutenant Commander MacKenzie to tone it down maybe 25% of one level of his craziness. He wasn't asking for a heck of a lot he wagered. He could also tell the CMO was not amused, although, it oddly reminded him of his days as a police officer, most of it was dealing with this kind of silliness.

He than pondered the CMO's question briefly and than stated, "No Chief, although a heads up in regards to our next mission is warranted. With the change in Commanding Officer, the Fleet wants to make sure we are ready to go at a moment's notice, therefore we have been assigned to perform a battle type drill that they will be watching closely. The crew is being split into three teams, with myself, Lieutenant Commander Knox, and our grounded one being the team leads. Chief Black, you are with Lieutenant Commander Knox, and Lieutenant Ellis, you are with me, once they are un-grounded, please come see me" He deliberately left out the fact that they were being put behind because of the antics.

He than turned his focus towards Cadet Lachlyn, "Come with me Cadet", he than turned on a heel and made his exit, he made his way somewhere familiar, he made his way towards Main Security, he than made his way inside, being greeted accordingly, he just gave a quick "Carry on" as the directive. He than shifted his focus towards the Cadet as they had entered the armory, he proceeded to hand her a phaser rifle and than stated, "For the next mission, you are going to be on my team if you will, as I mentioned prior, the crew is being split into three groups, you'll be acting Chief of Security, questions?" He knew he was putting her feet to the fire, but he figured thats how some learn best, and thats how he got to where he was.

Tanner took the rifle and stared at it for a moment, "Sir.." She caught herself full of questions, "No Sir." Tanner cleared her throat, dropping the rifle properly to her side, "I am prepared to step into that assignment." There were questions about the Chief but Tanner knew better than to ask them, "Do you have the teams selected already?"

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 12:25:03 pm »
Tanner took the rifle and stared at it for a moment, "Sir.." She caught herself full of questions, "No Sir." Tanner cleared her throat, dropping the rifle properly to her side, "I am prepared to step into that assignment." There were questions about the Chief but Tanner knew better than to ask them, "Do you have the teams selected already?"

[Locations: Main Security - Armory, Commanding Officer's Office]

Tritter nodded slightly, he than replied with "Good Cadet, I do have them selected, I'll have the rest of the team meet us in my office. Follow me" With that, he turned on a heel, the new Commanding Officer knew the decks of the base like the back of his hand, he easily made his way back to his office, it was as if he had a map in his head. Once he made his way back, he keyed in the code for the door to open and made his way inside, he knew the Cadet was following him, he could hear her foot steps.

Once he made his way inside, he than tapped his comm badge, the following was the message that was carried over "Please report to the Commanding Officer's Office as soon as possible", it was directed to the following crew members: Lieutenant Commander Daorn, Ensign Dorset, Cadet Graybear, Lieutenant Ellis, Ensign Kentrat, Lieutenant Grok, Crewman Romak and Doctor Lunn.

After that, he than turned his focus back to the Cadet, "While we are waiting Cadet, tell me a bit about your background", his heavily accented voice had a bit of a curiosity in it.

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 12:48:34 pm »
[Locations: Main Security - Armory, Commanding Officer's Office]

Tritter nodded slightly, he than replied with "Good Cadet, I do have them selected, I'll have the rest of the team meet us in my office. Follow me" With that, he turned on a heel, the new Commanding Officer knew the decks of the base like the back of his hand, he easily made his way back to his office, it was as if he had a map in his head. Once he made his way back, he keyed in the code for the door to open and made his way inside, he knew the Cadet was following him, he could hear her foot steps.

Once he made his way inside, he than tapped his comm badge, the following was the message that was carried over "Please report to the Commanding Officer's Office as soon as possible", it was directed to the following crew members: Lieutenant Commander Daorn, Ensign Dorset, Cadet Graybear, Lieutenant Ellis, Ensign Kentrat, Lieutenant Grok, Crewman Romak and Doctor Lunn.

After that, he than turned his focus back to the Cadet, "While we are waiting Cadet, tell me a bit about your background", his heavily accented voice had a bit of a curiosity in it.

Tanner matched his pace, "You have my basic file at your finger tips. What it won't tell you, between the proverbial lines, is that I'm mildly antisocial due to my obsessive work technique. I'm a dead shot when it's not during a test, since I freak myself out when I'm being watched." A smile followed, "Ironic when I originally wanted to be an instructor at the Academy."

As they walked Tanner asked, "Sir, I want to thank you for the opportunity as well. I know that some of the other Security will ask me why you chose me. Is there anything I can tell them, other than that I was in the room and you just picked me."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:00:35 pm by Michael J. Tritter »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles