Author Topic: Djann Tempest  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Djann Tempest

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • "I'd like to think of time as a companion"
  • Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Djann Tempest
« on: February 06, 2018, 07:26:29 pm »
Character Details

Character Name: Djann Tempest
Character Age: 45
Character DOB: 2341 Feb 28th
Character Image:

Character Species: Vulcan/El-Aurian Hybrid
Character Family: Parent's both deceased, no other significant family
Character Bio: Born to a El-Aurian Starfleet affiliated researcher father and a Vulcan anthropologist mother, Djann encountered disaster early in life when his mother died shortly after childbirth in a shuttle accident that also left Djann with an prosthetic arm. Following his father from posting to posting, he fell into his footsteps professionally as well. Graduating from the Academy with academic distinction and following with a fellowship with the Vulcan Science Directorate. Continuing as a temporal and quantum mechanics researcher, Tempest worked on various projects for Starfleet and the Federation, some of them highly classified.
The rigors of classified research and intelligence proved to push his ethical boundaries so Tempest transferred back to standard service and is now looking for a new frontier.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: 5 months with a forum based RPG (RevolutionFleet) as a department head and XO, pen and paper RPG experience and of course RPG games.
Department Preference: Science
Secondary Department Preference: Engineering
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:
Meditating in his quarters Tempest felt the ship rock softly at first and then a second, jarring impact rolled him to the floor. Tapping his commbadge and pulling himself to a standing position, it garnered no reply.

Comms must be down Tempest thought as he logged into his workstation in his quarter's but a bright flash from outside his viewport brought the situation into focus.

Two large ships were firing a full spread of torpedoes that hit before he could get into the corridor and threw him into a bulkhead. It was time to get to the bridge.

Running down the corridor and bracing himself in the turbolift, Tempest accessed the computer relay in his prosthetic arm and watched the sensor readings to try to get up to speed. The doors whisked open and Tempest got to the science station, joining the junior officer there.

"Report?" he asked his subordinate

"Sir, two unidentified craft arrived in some sort of transwarp. They've been intermittently disrupting systems with some sort of directed energy pulse" Crewman Jones quickly expounded as he scrolled the sensor readings recorded as the ships arrived.

"Let's find a way to block out that interference. Let's identify the composition and try to match with a destructively inverse signal" Djann said as he focused in. The other klaxons and flashing lights seemed to fade into the background as the scientist found his element. His fingers flew over the console, running analyses that wouldn't have occurred to other officers who hadn't had the experience of bleeding edge, covert research. That time left a mark on his life that proved a blessing and a curse constantly.

Looking up, he focused on his Commanding officer.

"Captain, we can counteract the interference. I've calibrated the deflector and await your orders" Tempest said confidently.

Ex Astris Scientia Djann thought ruefully at his solution.

Additional information:
I'm an open and easy going human OOC. Musician, citizen scientist and advocate. I'm always looking to the stars!

How did you find Shadow Fleet?
Was referred after my last group ended!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 01:40:35 am by Djann Tempest »

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Djann Tempest
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 07:42:45 pm »
Djann,

A nice appliction. 
Please add the face pic as you are able.

We could use a Science Officer on the Tempest!

Would that work?

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Djann Tempest

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 07:49:56 pm »
I would be honored! I'll confer on discord to figure out a few next steps and add a photo when I'm home!

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 08:01:51 pm »
I would be honored! I'll confer on discord to figure out a few next steps and add a photo when I'm home!

Great.

Actually just send a PM (email) to Julia Rellek and James Hawk to report in.

Welcome abord,

Kirok

PS - Next someone will post next to help get your Officer Training Class started.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Djann Tempest

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 01:41:07 am »
Updated with a photo!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles