Author Topic: Athena Mission 3.1 Camp Kill  (Read 27394 times)

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Athena Mission 3.1 Camp Kill
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2018, 11:02:29 pm »
Eaton's Office - USS Killian

Ruth almost laughed at Susan's question but kept her face passive.

Knowing now that Susan could pick up on her thoughts she left the answer in her brain.

Ex-Security hun, carbon boot knife... right one.  I've always got at least 1 weapon on me at all times.  And I have my fists.  Between us we can take out a few.  Good thinking on the court martial, that's why you're Ops, and while my face looks sombre, imagine I'm grinning at you and giving you thumbs up about now!

USS Killian - Office

Suzie's face remained passive and focused on Eaton.

'I'll Let the Captain and Commander Naira know that we have two crewmen still on the Athena and suggest the Court Marshal excuse, in case they have not thought of it already.'

She then changed her focus to James and Naira. Again probing gently so as not to shock or cause alarm to either of the senior officers.

'Captain, Commander Naira, this is Lieutenant Venator. I know you both can understand me. Please do not react or look in my direction. Lieutenant Sigurdsdottir has informed me that two crewmen, Bash and Ozu managed to avoid being transported over by hiding near the Warp core. If Commander Eaton mentions the discrepancy, I would suggest to use the recent Court Marshal as the reason why the manifest is incorrect. Also, Commander Eaton's emotions are not in line with him being totally secure. Whether he is not as strong as he want's us to believe or there is some legal question over our detainment, I can't tell. If you have understood this, please just think yes and I will be able to pick it up!'

She contnued facing forward, waiting for either of the two officers to let her know they understood.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Ruth Sigurdsdottir

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • It's clearly illogical.
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2018, 08:24:54 am »
USS Killian - Office

'I'll Let the Captain and Commander Naira know that we have two crewmen still on the Athena and suggest the Court Marshal excuse, in case they have not thought of it already.'

Eaton's Office - USS Killian

Ruth reached out once she saw and heard Susan's breathing pattern change.  It wasn't much but her time as a security officer had told her to pick up on things like this, and Susan breathed differently more concentrated and slower, when she was using her mind, almost like one would do yoda.  To anyone who didn't know of her powers, or the casual observer even if they were interested, it would just look like she was trying to calm her heart rate and not panic.  Ruth almost laughed at that... Susan was about as far from panicking as a lump of granite would be.  Susan did not have, to Ruth's knowledge, a 'panic' mode.

Naira already knows re: Bash and Ozu, but would be useful for them both to be aware I have boot knife.  Can you do the honors. 

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2018, 06:34:58 pm »
USS Killian - Office

She then changed her focus to James and Naira. Again probing gently so as not to shock or cause alarm to either of the senior officers.

'Captain, Commander Naira, this is Lieutenant Venator. I know you both can understand me. Please do not react or look in my direction. Lieutenant Sigurdsdottir has informed me that two crewmen, Bash and Ozu managed to avoid being transported over by hiding near the Warp core. If Commander Eaton mentions the discrepancy, I would suggest to use the recent Court Marshal as the reason why the manifest is incorrect. Also, Commander Eaton's emotions are not in line with him being totally secure. Whether he is not as strong as he want's us to believe or there is some legal question over our detainment, I can't tell. If you have understood this, please just think yes and I will be able to pick it up!'

She contnued facing forward, waiting for either of the two officers to let her know they understood.

[USS Killian - Eaton's Office]

Naira squeezed her eyes shut as she felt her mind bombarded by a voice that was not her own. Her initial instinct was to try to push the intruder out, but as her words resonated in her mind, she had to concentrate to formulate a response.

Understood.

She had always hated it when her friend, Dr. Lunn, had tried to use his abilities to read her emotions or enter her mind. In her opinion, it was an invasion of privacy. Her thoughts were her own and she shouldn't have to worry about an empath invading her most personal space. It would be no different than if she were to access a crewman's personal quarters and rifle through their belongings.

Blinking her eyes, she cleared her mind and sat down in one of the chairs opposite Eaton's desk.

"Commander, I think it's important we sit down and discuss this very serious predicament we're in. I don't think you have fully thought your decision through. You say you've read our files, but I don't think you understand who we are or why you can't just make us disappear by threatening to hold us captive. Do you think Starfleet won't send someone looking for us when we don't report in? Captain Carter here is the son of an admiral, I'm willing to bet they won't just let him vanish. The father of my child is a high ranking general in the Klingon Defense Force, and I can tell you without a doubt that his persistence knows no bounds. That's not to mention all the other members of our crew that have friends and family that would likely look for them."

She shifted in her chair, attempting to get more comfortable, but assumed that the thing was designed with the intent to keep those sitting in them uncomfortable while meeting with the Commander.

"I'm also willing to bet that your facility is not designed to accommodate the many varied needs of our crew. Is your sickbay outfitted to offer maternity care? I am not the only pregnant woman on our crew. Are you set up to offer a proper education to our children? Do you plan on keeping multiple generations of people captive? Including civilians? Can you meet the various dietary and health needs of our crew?"

She looked to the others in the room before returning her gaze to Commander Eaton and scowling.

"From what I've observed, your crew appears to mostly be Human. How do you plan to handle the situation the next time one of my daughters or I go into heat or one of our Vulcan members experiences the Pon farr?"

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2018, 07:12:32 pm »

Naira squeezed her eyes shut as she felt her mind bombarded by a voice that was not her own. Her initial instinct was to try to push the intruder out, but as her words resonated in her mind, she had to concentrate to formulate a response.

Understood.

She had always hated it when her friend, Dr. Lunn, had tried to use his abilities to read her emotions or enter her mind. In her opinion, it was an invasion of privacy. Her thoughts were her own and she shouldn't have to worry about an empath invading her most personal space. It would be no different than if she were to access a crewman's personal quarters and rifle through their belongings.

Blinking her eyes, she cleared her mind and sat down in one of the chairs opposite Eaton's desk.

"Commander, I think it's important we sit down and discuss this very serious predicament we're in. I don't think you have fully thought your decision through. You say you've read our files, but I don't think you understand who we are or why you can't just make us disappear by threatening to hold us captive. Do you think Starfleet won't send someone looking for us when we don't report in? Captain Carter here is the son of an admiral, I'm willing to bet they won't just let him vanish. The father of my child is a high ranking general in the Klingon Defense Force, and I can tell you without a doubt that his persistence knows no bounds. That's not to mention all the other members of our crew that have friends and family that would likely look for them."

She shifted in her chair, attempting to get more comfortable, but assumed that the thing was designed with the intent to keep those sitting in them uncomfortable while meeting with the Commander.

"I'm also willing to bet that your facility is not designed to accommodate the many varied needs of our crew. Is your sickbay outfitted to offer maternity care? I am not the only pregnant woman on our crew. Are you set up to offer a proper education to our children? Do you plan on keeping multiple generations of people captive? Including civilians? Can you meet the various dietary and health needs of our crew?"

She looked to the others in the room before returning her gaze to Commander Eaton and scowling.

"From what I've observed, your crew appears to mostly be Human. How do you plan to handle the situation the next time one of my daughters or I go into heat or one of our Vulcan members experiences the Pon farr?"

USS Killian - Office

Suzie picked up Naira's response and immediately backed out of the Commander's mind. She had recognised that the XO was uncomfortable with her using her abilities. She would not have used them at all if the situation were not so dire.

While waiting for the Captain to respond, she listened to what Naira said to Eaton. The points she made were sound and she could feel Eaton getting more and more uncomfortable.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2018, 08:53:00 pm »
[USS Killian - Transporter Room]

Everything always seemed less frightening the moment Caleb took her in his arms, held her close and kissed the top of her head. Knowing it was his way for them both to be comforted in what could only be described as a horrendous situation and the possibility that she may have to give birth in a prison. Not one she had ever thought of and all of their plans for the future seemed so far away now but listening to her beloveds heartbeat against hers helped diminish some of those fears and she regained her inner strength.

Looking up she saw the Captain,XO leave for the Bridge along with Susan and Ruth wondering if they should do the same or remain here with the rest of the crew. As Second Officer she decided to remain until the Captain and XO returned and they found out what would happen next.

" I think we should stay here for now until the Captain and XO get back " she said quietly then addressed the other members of the crew. " Everyone I know this is all confusing and worrying right now but remember we're from the Athena and we always stick together " she said calmly. She hoped it would offer some comfort for now then resumed her hold on her husband.

[ USS Killian - Transporter Room ]

Caleb still held her for a few moments. When they felt the time was right, he kissed her once more on the top of her head and broke the hug. The time for worry about things was later, the safety of the others was important. "My Kayla... I think we just need to breathe. I think things will be ok," Caleb said with a smile. There were young ones about and instead of acting panicked, he needed to be the good doctor and keep everyone calm in that moment. "Alright everyone let's remain calm. I think if we get a general head count that will quell any anxieties,' He said.

[ U.S.S. Athena - Alphonse ]

Alphonse began to stir. He had been upgrading his systems and needed a longer reboot cycle. "All systems online... Happy Birthday," He stated. As Al shifted around he knew it was his brother that programmed that into him. He would need to get him back. He did not initially notice the message in his hand as he went to search for his brother as it seemed that the passageway he rebooted in was deserted. This became more and more odd as he walked around. He began to run a few scans to see if there was any normal life on the ship.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2018, 09:17:43 pm »

Caleb still held her for a few moments. When they felt the time was right, he kissed her once more on the top of her head and broke the hug. The time for worry about things was later, the safety of the others was important. "My Kayla... I think we just need to breathe. I think things will be ok," Caleb said with a smile. There were young ones about and instead of acting panicked, he needed to be the good doctor and keep everyone calm in that moment. "Alright everyone let's remain calm. I think if we get a general head count that will quell any anxieties,' He said.

[USS Killian- Transporter Room]

Katheryn enjoyed the contact for a few moments and the second kiss to her forehead before Caleb broke the hug knowing that there would be another time for them to seek comfort and strength from one another. Although what they had already shared was enough for now especially when Naira left her daughters with her and Caleb and he was right they just needed to breathe. She also believed him when he said that things would be okay and had no reason to doubt that when all of the crew were together.

" Your right my love we just need to breathe and I know we will" she replied softly before he mentioned that everyone needed to remain calm and suggested a head count. " Yes that sounds good " she said " Let's do that now before the others return".

Academy Commandant

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2018, 02:48:06 am »

Katheryn enjoyed the contact for a few moments and the second kiss to her forehead before Caleb broke the hug knowing that there would be another time for them to seek comfort and strength from one another. Although what they had already shared was enough for now especially when Naira left her daughters with her and Caleb and he was right they just needed to breathe. She also believed him when he said that things would be okay and had no reason to doubt that when all of the crew were together.

" Your right my love we just need to breathe and I know we will" she replied softly before he mentioned that everyone needed to remain calm and suggested a head count. " Yes that sounds good " she said " Let's do that now before the others return".

Six year old Lurels tugged on the sleeve of the Lt. Commander. Her big eyes looked up to the much taller woman as she tried to get her attention.

"'cuse me," she called out. "Do you know were we going to go now?"

"Don't bother them," Aorua tried to swat her younger sister's arm away. "They don't know where we are going to end up. They were taken with us. They'll likely wind up on the market as well."

"Shhhh...the both of you," Naniid tried to shush the younger two and pull them back closer to herself, but at the same time she she had taken up her bad habit of chewing on her lips and diverting her eyes from making eye contact with anyone. Whenever she was nervous, she fell back on these habits.

Offline Ruth Sigurdsdottir

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • It's clearly illogical.
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2018, 07:14:08 am »

Eaton's Office

Ruth nodded at the XOs words.  "And family accommodation.  Some of the crew are married and have their familes on board, which if you have done your homework you'll realise.  It's not fair on the children at least who are total innocents even if you don't believe the adults are, for whatever reason, they shouldn't be made to suffer, nor should they be separated from their parents nor as Commander Naira says, allow their education to suffer."

She looked at Eaton and raised an eyebrow.

"I worry for your crew too... everything you have on this ship which previously only had to accommodate your crew will now have to cater for..." she tried to do the math, and realised that she had no accurate information about the crew size of the Killian.   "...well 2 crews.  Are you going to put everyone on half rations?  If so you are not fulfilling proper hostage regulations.  There are rules to be met Mr. Eaton."

She looked at the XO seemingly very uncomfortable in the chair, she didn't know what it was like to be pregnant but she'd seen her mother when she had the twins who couldn't even get comfortable in bed, and bed looked infinitely more comfortable than the chair.  She took off her commbadge, unzipped her tunic and clipped the commbadge to the undershirt, then folded her tunic top as a cushion for the XO.

"There you go Ma'am, in your condition we have to take care of you!  You might get some comfort using this as a pillow."

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Offline Jules Bash

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion 2018 USS IBN Sinna Featured Mission Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2018, 03:48:38 pm »
[Engineering]

Saya looked up from trying to open the hatch at Jules' shout. Her eyes followed the descending bag, and when it landed she slid it across the floor toward her with one foot. She nearly lost the armload of phasers, but managed to hold on. Saya dumped them into the bag as Jules got the hatch open and dragged it in behind her.

[Jeffires Tube]

Once Jules shut the hatch behind them, she unstrapped one of the phaser rifles and handed it to him along with his ushaan. She leaned against the side of the tube opposite him, taking a moment to think over what their next move should be.

We need to get to a computer junction so we can access computer functions and try to ascertain exactly what happened. The only thing I know is that the Athena entered an asteroid field just before I came to Engineering. We can assume with a fair amount of certainty that there must have been one or more ships in the field and they have removed the crew from the ship for an unknown reason. They may or may not come aboard, but we should prepare for that eventuality. Since you were able to make adjustments to the warp core, I believe the captain must not have had a chance to lock down the ship's systems. That should be a priority. I cannot hack the official command codes, but I should be able to come up with something to restrict access to vital systems to just us.

Pulling up a ship schematic on her tricorder, Saya pointed left down the Jeffries tube. That way to the nearest computer junction. We will have to crawl part of the way.

She set off down the tube, swinging the duffel full of phasers onto the shoulder opposite her phaser rifle.

[Engineering]
Jules pulled the strap of the dufflebag tight against him, so it'd stay on his back as he crawled through the tubes. Swung his phaser rifle up against the dufflebag, and nodded to Ozu, following her down the tunnel.

"Sounds good to me. From the computer, we can pull up the visual log of the bridge, start with that. I locked the engineering systems to my passcode, but anyone with a higher or equal rank can just blow past that. Once we get to the computer, I can pull up the bridge log if you want to start locking down the systems. We can figure it out from there I guess."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 03:51:29 pm by Jules Bash »

Offline Ozu Saya

• Chief Engine-Ears
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Ozu Saya
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2018, 04:39:17 pm »
[Engineering]
Jules pulled the strap of the dufflebag tight against him, so it'd stay on his back as he crawled through the tubes. Swung his phaser rifle up against the dufflebag, and nodded to Ozu, following her down the tunnel.

"Sounds good to me. From the computer, we can pull up the visual log of the bridge, start with that. I locked the engineering systems to my passcode, but anyone with a higher or equal rank can just blow past that. Once we get to the computer, I can pull up the bridge log if you want to start locking down the systems. We can figure it out from there I guess."

Reaching the computer junction, Saya set her duffel on the floor and faced the computer. With a few commands, she'd pulled up the most recent Bridge logs, which only showed everyone being transported out. She went a little before that and was able to view the conversation with the Killian's captain, looking with wide eyes and raised brows at Jules as it played.

Right, well, that is most certainly a problem. Saya tapped her fingers on the console as she thought. Since you already locked the engineering systems, perhaps I can build off that, fool the ships systems into believing your codes are of higher rank than they actually are. With a very small smile to herself, Saya started entering commands into the computer. There. The computer now believes that you are an admiral. They can probably still get to the systems if they have a good hacker, but it should hold for a time.

Next, Saya ran an external scan. It couldn't give her much, except that there were not one, but a total of four Star Fleet ships out there. That is not good, Saya said, pointing to the readout. Even if we are able to retain control of the Athena, we are not likely to be able to escape or rescue the rest of our crew. It might be best to consider trying to get a secret message out.

Saya then scanned the entire ship deck by deck, looking for any other life signs.

As the scan ran, Saya turned to Jules We need to find somewhere besides the Jeffries tubes to work from, somewhere we can still hide quickly if necessary.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2018, 01:37:04 pm »

Six year old Lurels tugged on the sleeve of the Lt. Commander. Her big eyes looked up to the much taller woman as she tried to get her attention.

"Don't bother them," Aorua tried to swat her younger sister's arm away. "They don't know where we are going to end up. They were taken with us. They'll likely wind up on the market as well."

"Shhhh...the both of you," Naniid tried to shush the younger two and pull them back closer to herself, but at the same time she she had taken up her bad habit of chewing on her lips and diverting her eyes from making eye contact with anyone. Whenever she was nervous, she fell back on these habits.

Hearing voices, Caleb looked down to see Laurels trying to get Katheryn's attention followed Aorua and Naniid saying not to bother Katheryn or Caleb. Caleb, with his best calming smile, go down to their level to speak with them. "It is quite alright. You weren't bothering us at all. Now what's this I hear about some kind of market nonsense? Those thoughts should be far from your mind. Our Captain and your mother will be sure to have all of our safety in mind.  Now I know you all have a sense of adventure hmm? Why don't you look at this as an adventure? When I was with my pirate friend, we sure did get into a mess of trouble. However, I looked at every situation with a good light. Now you can stay with us if you'd like," as he said this his smile never wavered. It was true he did not know what would happen, but reliving the stress of the situation was the most important.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2018, 01:43:20 pm »
are indeed back on the Athena, you cannotMaybe they are still on the Athena, then. We just need to give them time and make sure they're undiscovered...anywhere

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2018, 01:57:36 pm »

Hearing voices, Caleb looked down to see Laurels trying to get Katheryn's attention followed Aorua and Naniid saying not to bother Katheryn or Caleb. Caleb, with his best calming smile, go down to their level to speak with them. "It is quite alright. You weren't bothering us at all. Now what's this I hear about some kind of market nonsense? Those thoughts should be far from your mind. Our Captain and your mother will be sure to have all of our safety in mind.  Now I know you all have a sense of adventure hmm? Why don't you look at this as an adventure? When I was with my pirate friend, we sure did get into a mess of trouble. However, I looked at every situation with a good light. Now you can stay with us if you'd like," as he said this his smile never wavered. It was true he did not know what would happen, but reliving the stress of the situation was the most important.

Katheryn had felt the gentle tugging at her uniform sleeve but as she turned to see who it was, smiled as Caleb got down to Lurels level and began to talk to her. He never ceased to amaze her at how kind he was and willing to reassure Naira's daughters from the youngest to the eldest. Of course this moment made her pregnancy more real than before imagining how he would be if it had been their own daughter or son. She could understand how scary could be in this situation that they now found themselves in and hoped that the girls would stay with them until their mother returned with the Captain.

" I agree with Caleb and I'm sure your mother will be back soon with the Captain and then we'll know more " she said softly. " But in the meantime like Caleb said your welcome to stay with us and you might be able to persuade him to tell you some more stories".

anywhere

The couple and the girls were then joined by Ash and Katheryn smiled as she also spoke and reassured them before ruffling each of the girls hairs in a teasing way. She had lost sight of the possibility of finding a way back to the Athena and was grateful to Ash for saying that and there had to be something they could do once they knew more. When asked if everyone was accounted for in their departments, Katheryn spoke first. " All of Security is here" she replied politely then looked at Cal. " Is Wendy and the others here?" she asked.

Academy Commandant

Offline Jules Bash

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion 2018 USS IBN Sinna Featured Mission Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2018, 09:25:02 pm »
Reaching the computer junction, Saya set her duffel on the floor and faced the computer. With a few commands, she'd pulled up the most recent Bridge logs, which only showed everyone being transported out. She went a little before that and was able to view the conversation with the Killian's captain, looking with wide eyes and raised brows at Jules as it played.

Right, well, that is most certainly a problem. Saya tapped her fingers on the console as she thought. Since you already locked the engineering systems, perhaps I can build off that, fool the ships systems into believing your codes are of higher rank than they actually are. With a very small smile to herself, Saya started entering commands into the computer. There. The computer now believes that you are an admiral. They can probably still get to the systems if they have a good hacker, but it should hold for a time.

Next, Saya ran an external scan. It couldn't give her much, except that there were not one, but a total of four Star Fleet ships out there. That is not good, Saya said, pointing to the readout. Even if we are able to retain control of the Athena, we are not likely to be able to escape or rescue the rest of our crew. It might be best to consider trying to get a secret message out.

Saya then scanned the entire ship deck by deck, looking for any other life signs.

As the scan ran, Saya turned to Jules We need to find somewhere besides the Jeffries tubes to work from, somewhere we can still hide quickly if necessary.

Jules nodded slowly at the bridge logs. That was about the worst possible situation they could have walked into for the night. Starfleet secret prison, and they went ahead and stored the rest of the crew in said prison ship.

Even if they did take back the ship, they were surrounded by some bigger, badder ships than the mighty Athena happened to be. Though, if he ever figured out how to manage the power problem, the Borg shields would have made it a heck of a fight.

"Admiral eh? I suppose I can handle that kind of rank. But yeah, my best bet for camping out was Engineering. Did they send anyone to search the ship? If they didn't, we can go where ever as far as I'm concerned. But we still need a way to shield our life signs from their scanners once these tricorders fry. Think there's something we can use in sickbay maybe?"

Jules best ideas on the subject was to try and build something out of a neural dampener. But that'd be an interesting attempt if they also had to dodge sweep teams.

"Anything else we should set up in the computer before we start wandering around?"

Offline Ozu Saya

• Chief Engine-Ears
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Ozu Saya
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2018, 09:54:44 am »
Jules nodded slowly at the bridge logs. That was about the worst possible situation they could have walked into for the night. Starfleet secret prison, and they went ahead and stored the rest of the crew in said prison ship.

Even if they did take back the ship, they were surrounded by some bigger, badder ships than the mighty Athena happened to be. Though, if he ever figured out how to manage the power problem, the Borg shields would have made it a heck of a fight.

"Admiral eh? I suppose I can handle that kind of rank. But yeah, my best bet for camping out was Engineering. Did they send anyone to search the ship? If they didn't, we can go where ever as far as I'm concerned. But we still need a way to shield our life signs from their scanners once these tricorders fry. Think there's something we can use in sickbay maybe?"

Jules best ideas on the subject was to try and build something out of a neural dampener. But that'd be an interesting attempt if they also had to dodge sweep teams.

"Anything else we should set up in the computer before we start wandering around?"

[Jeffries tube]

Saya's was overwhelmed with trying to think of all the possible outcomes. She hadn't seen any lifesigns on her scan of the ship, but that didn't mean they weren't there.

I do not think we should go to any of the main command areas like the bridge or engineering. We should go somewhere centrally located, but not where they would necessarily need to be...the mess hall, perhaps? There are computer consoles and a Jeffries tube hatch in the kitchen. We would be able to hide and escape quickly from there if needed.

Oh!
Saya turned back to the computer. I need to remove our records from the computer. If the Killian crew compares who they have with who is in the records, they will know we remain aboard. She stopped to think, and shook her head. I will have to hide our records, not delete them. That would remove our computer access.

Once we are established in the mess hall, we can begin making forays into other parts of the ship as needed. As to continuing to hide...perhaps I can embed a command in the scanners to ignore our specific lifesigns?

Saya spent several more minutes entering commands into the computer. That is all I can think of right now. Let us make our way to the mess hall. We can regroup from there.

The trip from the engineering section to the mess hall took some time with climbs up several Jeffries tube ladders, but they made good time. Saya carefully pushed open the hatch in the kitchen just a few inches and paused to listen.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles