Athena Mission 3.1 Camp Kill

Started by James Carter, February 06, 2018, 06:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Carter

[U.S.S. Killian Transporter Room]

One of the older Crewman groaned, a frown spread across her face. "Fine. But you're probably not going to like anything he has to say to you."

James matched the womans scowl with one of his own. "Just take us to Eaton. We don't need your input." The Captain growled. "Oh, and I would start packing up. All of this..." He motioned to the ship around them. "All of it's about to come crashing down on your heads. I'd hate to see it destroy the career of someone low on the totem poll."

The woman glared at the Captain for a moment and rolled her eyes. "You're not the first person to say those words kid. And here we are. Now come on." She replied starting down the corridor.

"Yeah, well we're probably the only crew you've encountered that singlehandedly took down a Borg cube in an Intrepid. You know, when this is all over, I could arrange for you to come aboard. All you have to do is help us out." Carter said, attempting to sway the Crewman.

"You keep telling yourself whatever makes this transition easier for you." The officer sighed out as they arrived in the bridge.

Eaton stood waiting for the Athena's core roster. "Commander Naria, Captain Carter. It's a pleasure to have you aboard."

Ozu Saya

Quote from: Jules Bash on February 15, 2018, 07:43:34 AM

[Engineering]
Jules took a moment to catch his breath, nodding his head in agreement with Ozu. Then he stopped, frowned, and turned towards her. "That's it? Just 'The crew is being kidnapped! Oh no! Hey, nice idea hiding, lets go do stuff?' No panic? No worries?" Jules said, incredulous, before muttering something under his breath about damn Vulcans. Jules could feel the anxiety of panic build up in him.

"There's panicking for no reason, and then there's really good reasons to panic dang it." He said to no one in particular, more as a way to explain his feelings to himself. Yes, he honestly thought people panicked way to easily 99% of the time. But there were situations such as the ENTIRE CREW BEING KIDNAPPED that he thought deserved just a minute or two of panic.

He calmed himself down, slowly, and leaned back against the warp core. And why yes, the same interference was probably relatively unhealthy to a humanoid body. It was probably worse when the warp core was dialed up more than it really should be. But, he wanted to make sure they could hide here, at least for a minute, before alarms and such started going off.

"Right, now what did you say? I'm good now, by the way. Comm badges, life signs... Umm, life signs. Dampening field. You got a tricorder and a tool box around?"

Technically, he could probably try to run to his own toolbox that was back at the desk he'd been sitting at, only a short 20ft away. But, he wasn't sure how far the interference from the warp core would be extending, and figured for a full ship beam out, they'd still be scanning for life signs for another few minutes. Considering the chief had been beamed out not a minute ago, he was surprised they'd actually made it to the core.

[Engineering]

Saya took a breath before responding to Jules. In truth, her emotions were rather close to the surface. Panicking will not help us and so is illogical. But she couldn't quite keep her hand from creeping to her earring and rubbing the IDIC comfortingly. She also scooted a couple more inches away from Jules. The intensity of emotion was still reaching her somewhat with their close proximity.

My tools are there. She pointed under the console she'd been working at. There is a tricorder inside, but we probably need more than one. We will have to get to a storage locker. We need weapons, too. There is a weapons locker... she twisted to look around the barrel of the warp core. Over there. Then we should head for the Jeffries tubes. We do not have enough information to make even an educated guess, but if they have finished transporting our crew out, we should have a few minutes before they send anyone, if they send anyone, to take control.

I can get my tools, then meet you at the Jeffries tube by the weapon's locker.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Jules Bash

Quote from: Ozu Saya on February 15, 2018, 10:26:15 AM

[Engineering]

Saya took a breath before responding to Jules. In truth, her emotions were rather close to the surface. Panicking will not help us and so is illogical. But she couldn't quite keep her hand from creeping to her earring and rubbing the IDIC comfortingly. She also scooted a couple more inches away from Jules. The intensity of emotion was still reaching her somewhat with their close proximity.

My tools are there. She pointed under the console she'd been working at. There is a tricorder inside, but we probably need more than one. We will have to get to a storage locker. We need weapons, too. There is a weapons locker... she twisted to look around the barrel of the warp core. Over there. Then we should head for the Jeffries tubes. We do not have enough information to make even an educated guess, but if they have finished transporting our crew out, we should have a few minutes before they send anyone, if they send anyone, to take control.

I can get my tools, then meet you at the Jeffries tube by the weapon's locker.

[Engineering]
Jules looked at her a little incredulously, until he saw her fingering her earring and scooting a little away. So, she wasn't all that and a bag of Vulcan annoyance, she was just trying to keep herself locked in. Whatever, wouldn't matter. Jules felt his blood pumping, and his mind running more clearly.

"Give me a second with your tools." Jules said, before pushing himself off the warp core to lean forward to the raised floor where the tool kit was sitting, grabbing it, and then leaning back against the core. He popped it open, and took out the tricorder, carefully balancing the toolkit on his legs. He grabbed a thin short tool, opened the back case of the tricorder, and got to work. It only took him about a minute to reroute what he wanted.

"Give me two seconds with this tricorder so I can go get my own." Jules didn't bother to wait for an answer, replacing the tool back into Ozu's case, snapping the case shut, and handing the case and all over to her. He slipped the modified tricorder on his belt, before jumping up to the engineering floor, and speed walking over to his toolkit by the console he'd just left. He simply grabbed it, and returned straight back to the warp core, sliding under the railing down to the maintenance area.

Jules repeated his process, modifying his tricorder into a short-term dampener, and handing it over to Ozu. Then he snapped his case shut, leaned back, and thought for a minute. "Right. You're right. There's a storage locker on the catwalk above this floor. One of us hits the storage locker, one of us hits the weapons locker, meet at the jeffries tube? You pick whichever one you want, and we can go. If you get the weapons locker, grab my Ushaan in there. I need to change up what I did to the warp core. I think if I run extra power through the EPS grid though, it'll increase the general sensor interference across the ship. Will have to fix half a dozen things when we get out of this, but I'm okay with that."

Jules found himself breathing a lot faster than he needed to, and consciously slowed it down. He knew what he needed to do, once Ozu picked out which locker she wanted to take. They'd have time to plot out their next few steps in the jeffries tube.

Susan Venator

Quote from: James Carter on February 15, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

One of the older Crewman groaned, a frown spread across her face. "Fine. But you're probably not going to like anything he has to say to you."

James matched the womans scowl with one of his own. "Just take us to Eaton. We don't need your input." The Captain growled. "Oh, and I would start packing up. All of this..." He motioned to the ship around them. "All of it's about to come crashing down on your heads. I'd hate to see it destroy the career of someone low on the totem poll."

The woman glared at the Captain for a moment and rolled her eyes. "You're not the first person to say those words kid. And here we are. Now come on." She replied starting down the corridor.

"Yeah, well we're probably the only crew you've encountered that singlehandedly took down a Borg cube in an Intrepid. You know, when this is all over, I could arrange for you to come aboard. All you have to do is help us out." Carter said, attempting to sway the Crewman.

"You keep telling yourself whatever makes this transition easier for you." The officer sighed out as they arrived in the bridge.

Eaton stood waiting for the Athena's core roster. "Commander Naria, Captain Carter. It's a pleasure to have you aboard."

USS Killian - Transporter Room

Suzie had tried to read the transporter operator, but thanks mostly to the mans mental discipline, she had been forced to back off. She was just composing herself to attempt to read another of the Killian's crew when Naira and James both demanded to see Commander Eaton.

Suzie decided to tag along as she wanted to get a better idea on what they were up against. And more specifically, what tech was in use that they could use to facilitate their escape.

The corridor they walked down was the standard type found on board most modern starships.

On arrival at the Bridge, she stood back and watched as James and Naira dealt with Eaton.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: James Carter on February 14, 2018, 02:15:50 PM

[U.S.S. Killian - Transporter Room]

The crew of the Killian quickly began transporting the crew of the Athena over. They started with command staff and slowly made their way through everyone else. James stepped off the platform and waited for his whole crew to materialize. His fear was that the crew of the Killian would leave behind the civilians on an empty ship. A fear that was calmed very quickly as he saw Ash appear before his eyes.

Quote from: Jules Bash on February 14, 2018, 09:38:17 PM

[Engineering].
"Get against the core! Crew's being kidnapped!" Jules grabbed the console and swung himself under the railing to throw himself up against the warp core casing. If he didn't blow something, the interference from a ramped up warp core might just hide himself and Ozu. He hoped she wasn't feeling Vulcan today and asking a bunch of questions instead of jumping.

Transporter Room - USS Killian

Ruth looked around in a bit of a panic... when she saw Ash arrive she wandered over.

"Have you seen Jules and Saya?" she asked, "They don't seem to be here.  I know you can do things with warp interference but... maybe they can keep control of the Athena..." she whispered.  "I need to get a message to the Captain or XO, but let me know if you see them.  And Ash... I'm glad you're not there, I'm not saying you're incapable of looking out for yourself, especially in a kitchen with all the things you could throw at people and sharp knives."

Ruth grinned at the thought of Ash holding down the kitchen with agressors laying seige to it, brandishing a clever in one hand and a chef's knife in the other like some kind of culinary highlander, all it needed was a splash of blueberry juice across her face like woad to complete the image.

"...but you're safer here I'm guessing!  Stick close, I still have my boot knife... force of habit from my Security days!"

Walking to Bridge

She found a scrap of paper and a stub of pencil in her pocket.  There wasn't much room on the paper and she had to make sure no-one from the Killian saw her do it but she wrote 'BASH/OZU > ATHENA.  WARP CORE INTERFERE?? THEM IN DANGER??' and folded the paper which was small enough, even tinier then made her way to where the Captain and XO were standing.

She pretended to trip and pushed the paper into Naira's hand as she fell, it was so tiny it was more like a pellet.

"So sorry Ma'am... so many feet in here, I tripped."  She opened her eyes wide hoping that the XO would turn and manage to read the half dozen or so words on the paper.

She whispered "It's rice paper, I'll eat it once you've read if needed."

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Ozu Saya

Quote from: Jules Bash on February 15, 2018, 10:55:01 AM

[Engineering]
Jules looked at her a little incredulously, until he saw her fingering her earring and scooting a little away. So, she wasn't all that and a bag of Vulcan annoyance, she was just trying to keep herself locked in. Whatever, wouldn't matter. Jules felt his blood pumping, and his mind running more clearly.

"Give me a second with your tools." Jules said, before pushing himself off the warp core to lean forward to the raised floor where the tool kit was sitting, grabbing it, and then leaning back against the core. He popped it open, and took out the tricorder, carefully balancing the toolkit on his legs. He grabbed a thin short tool, opened the back case of the tricorder, and got to work. It only took him about a minute to reroute what he wanted.

"Give me two seconds with this tricorder so I can go get my own." Jules didn't bother to wait for an answer, replacing the tool back into Ozu's case, snapping the case shut, and handing the case and all over to her. He slipped the modified tricorder on his belt, before jumping up to the engineering floor, and speed walking over to his toolkit by the console he'd just left. He simply grabbed it, and returned straight back to the warp core, sliding under the railing down to the maintenance area.

Jules repeated his process, modifying his tricorder into a short-term dampener, and handing it over to Ozu. Then he snapped his case shut, leaned back, and thought for a minute. "Right. You're right. There's a storage locker on the catwalk above this floor. One of us hits the storage locker, one of us hits the weapons locker, meet at the jeffries tube? You pick whichever one you want, and we can go. If you get the weapons locker, grab my Ushaan in there. I need to change up what I did to the warp core. I think if I run extra power through the EPS grid though, it'll increase the general sensor interference across the ship. Will have to fix half a dozen things when we get out of this, but I'm okay with that."

Jules found himself breathing a lot faster than he needed to, and consciously slowed it down. He knew what he needed to do, once Ozu picked out which locker she wanted to take. They'd have time to plot out their next few steps in the jeffries tube.

[Engineering]

Saya took a couple of deep breaths, calming herself further as Jules retrieved their toolkits and did quick work on the tricorders. She accepted the modified tricorder Jules offered, tucking it into her belt.

Eyeing the catwalk, then glancing at the much-taller Andorian, Saya made her decision. I will go to the weapons locker. You can probably get to the storage locker more easily. If there is a bag, take it. I am going to get as many phasers as I can carry. They may be useful.

After a moment, Saya gathered herself and scooted around the warp core, getting as close as she could to the weapons locker before heading into the open space. She darted forward, slapped her hand against the security panel and rattled off her clearance to unlock the unit. Swinging open the door, she slung two phaser rifles over her shoulders, hooked Jules' ushaan over two fingers and loaded the ten phasers in the locker into one arm.

Bumping the door closed again with her hip, Saya scooted to the Jeffires tube right next to the weapons locker and wrestled with the door, trying not to drop any of the phasers.

Jules Bash

Quote from: Ozu Saya on February 15, 2018, 12:25:48 PM

[Engineering]

Saya took a couple of deep breaths, calming herself further as Jules retrieved their toolkits and did quick work on the tricorders. She accepted the modified tricorder Jules offered, tucking it into her belt.

Eyeing the catwalk, then glancing at the much-taller Andorian, Saya made her decision. I will go to the weapons locker. You can probably get to the storage locker more easily. If there is a bag, take it. I am going to get as many phasers as I can carry. They may be useful.

After a moment, Saya gathered herself and scooted around the warp core, getting as close as she could to the weapons locker before heading into the open space. She darted forward, slapped her hand against the security panel and rattled off her clearance to unlock the unit. Swinging open the door, she slung two phaser rifles over her shoulders, hooked Jules' ushaan over two fingers and loaded the ten phasers in the locker into one arm.

Bumping the door closed again with her hip, Saya scooted to the Jeffires tube right next to the weapons locker and wrestled with the door, trying not to drop any of the phasers.

Jules rolled his eyes as she mentioned him being better for the catwalk. If he fell from that thing, his head would fall farther than hers would, so she should go. Didn't really matter, Jules doubted that anyone would be doing a visual sweep for awhile, unless they picked up the warp core being super charged... which was actually a high probability. Jules watched as Ozu began to take off, and grabbed his tool case, tossing it up on the main floor of engineering before hauling himself back up again. He stood up, and swung to the warp core console, tapping in commands. He dropped the injection rate to within safety limits again, but still running just a little hotter than normal, about 15%. He figured that would be the most he could get away with without sparking a huge amount of concern. Then he had the computer open all of the EPS relays, increasing the energy across the entire grid. One thing he would say, is that the neural packs were a little more resilient to higher electrical charges than their metallic counterparts.

They still would burn out and sparkle across the entire ship if it ran this hot for a long period of time. But, it would also increase the interference levels, especially in the Jefferies tubes where all the relays ran to begin with.  Jules then used his code to lock the engineering consoles. He wasn't sure what good that would do, but he figured why the heck not. He took his tool kit and scrambled up the ladder to the catwalk, moving to the storage locker.

Opening it, he considered what hardware he'd really want. He threw a half dozen tricorders, two spare gel packs, another tool kit, and two survival kits into a large dufflebag, and grabbed another empty one for Ozu. Popping out of the locker, Jules shut it, made sure it locked, and looked down at Ozu struggling with a dozen phasers, his Ushaan, and the hatchway. With a generic shout, he threw the empty bag down to her, aiming a few feet short of where she was. Then he climbed down, and opened the hatch to the Jefferies tube and helped Ozu climb in, strapping his Ushaan to his thigh, before following her and shutting it behind them.

He leaned against the side of the tube, and tried to think of next steps. Honestly, he wasn't sure. "So... now what?"

Caleb Brighton

[ U.S.S. Athena Medical Bay ]

Caleb had just been running an inventory check with Edward and Wendy when they felt a strangeness in the air. It had not been long that they learned of the surrender. Caleb gave a look to Wendy, who had not been spotted yet. She quickly drafted a small note and stuck it in Alphonse's hand. He had been rebooting and to the unsuspecting eye, it would look like she was just messing with an environmental suit. The group then moved without fuss.

Quote from: Katheryn Brighton on February 14, 2018, 02:57:29 PM

She refused to give up hope despite the situation they were now in and felt relief when she spotted Caleb with his team. Going over to him without having to say a word as they awaited their fate at the hands of this absolute .... before realising it wasn't worth even thinking about him at that moment but she didn't like him or what he had done.

[ USS Killian - Transporter Room ]

Caleb seeing his wife alive and alright was comforting. Even if that meant whatever came to pass, he would be with her. He held her close and kissed the  top of her head. He did not care if he broke a rule as he kissed her. If they were to die, he needed that comfort. He may not be able to see his children grow and if they were to be killed so would his family. He closed his eyes for a moment and mentally prepared his goodbyes to all his loved ones.  After he did so, he then turned to his vulcan side. Logic would need to dictate not his emotions.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on February 15, 2018, 01:41:32 PM

[ USS Killian - Transporter Room ]

Caleb seeing his wife alive and alright was comforting. Even if that meant whatever came to pass, he would be with her. He held her close and kissed the  top of her head. He did not care if he broke a rule as he kissed her. If they were to die, he needed that comfort. He may not be able to see his children grow and if they were to be killed so would his family. He closed his eyes for a moment and mentally prepared his goodbyes to all his loved ones.  After he did so, he then turned to his vulcan side. Logic would need to dictate not his emotions.

[USS Killian - Transporter Room]

Everything always seemed less frightening the moment Caleb took her in his arms, held her close and kissed the top of her head. Knowing it was his way for them both to be comforted in what could only be described as a horrendous situation and the possibility that she may have to give birth in a prison. Not one she had ever thought of and all of their plans for the future seemed so far away now but listening to her beloveds heartbeat against hers helped diminish some of those fears and she regained her inner strength.

Looking up she saw the Captain,XO leave for the Bridge along with Susan and Ruth wondering if they should do the same or remain here with the rest of the crew. As Second Officer she decided to remain until the Captain and XO returned and they found out what would happen next.

" I think we should stay here for now until the Captain and XO get back " she said quietly then addressed the other members of the crew. " Everyone I know this is all confusing and worrying right now but remember we're from the Athena and we always stick together " she said calmly. She hoped it would offer some comfort for now then resumed her hold on her husband.

Academy Commandant

Ozu Saya

Quote from: Jules Bash on February 15, 2018, 12:46:00 PM

Jules rolled his eyes as she mentioned him being better for the catwalk. If he fell from that thing, his head would fall farther than hers would, so she should go. Didn't really matter, Jules doubted that anyone would be doing a visual sweep for awhile, unless they picked up the warp core being super charged... which was actually a high probability. Jules watched as Ozu began to take off, and grabbed his tool case, tossing it up on the main floor of engineering before hauling himself back up again. He stood up, and swung to the warp core console, tapping in commands. He dropped the injection rate to within safety limits again, but still running just a little hotter than normal, about 15%. He figured that would be the most he could get away with without sparking a huge amount of concern. Then he had the computer open all of the EPS relays, increasing the energy across the entire grid. One thing he would say, is that the neural packs were a little more resilient to higher electrical charges than their metallic counterparts.

They still would burn out and sparkle across the entire ship if it ran this hot for a long period of time. But, it would also increase the interference levels, especially in the Jefferies tubes where all the relays ran to begin with.  Jules then used his code to lock the engineering consoles. He wasn't sure what good that would do, but he figured why the heck not. He took his tool kit and scrambled up the ladder to the catwalk, moving to the storage locker.

Opening it, he considered what hardware he'd really want. He threw a half dozen tricorders, two spare gel packs, another tool kit, and two survival kits into a large dufflebag, and grabbed another empty one for Ozu. Popping out of the locker, Jules shut it, made sure it locked, and looked down at Ozu struggling with a dozen phasers, his Ushaan, and the hatchway. With a generic shout, he threw the empty bag down to her, aiming a few feet short of where she was. Then he climbed down, and opened the hatch to the Jefferies tube and helped Ozu climb in, strapping his Ushaan to his thigh, before following her and shutting it behind them.

He leaned against the side of the tube, and tried to think of next steps. Honestly, he wasn't sure. "So... now what?"

[Engineering]

Saya looked up from trying to open the hatch at Jules' shout. Her eyes followed the descending bag, and when it landed she slid it across the floor toward her with one foot. She nearly lost the armload of phasers, but managed to hold on. Saya dumped them into the bag as Jules got the hatch open and dragged it in behind her.

[Jeffires Tube]

Once Jules shut the hatch behind them, she unstrapped one of the phaser rifles and handed it to him along with his ushaan. She leaned against the side of the tube opposite him, taking a moment to think over what their next move should be.

We need to get to a computer junction so we can access computer functions and try to ascertain exactly what happened. The only thing I know is that the Athena entered an asteroid field just before I came to Engineering. We can assume with a fair amount of certainty that there must have been one or more ships in the field and they have removed the crew from the ship for an unknown reason. They may or may not come aboard, but we should prepare for that eventuality. Since you were able to make adjustments to the warp core, I believe the captain must not have had a chance to lock down the ship's systems. That should be a priority. I cannot hack the official command codes, but I should be able to come up with something to restrict access to vital systems to just us.

Pulling up a ship schematic on her tricorder, Saya pointed left down the Jeffries tube. That way to the nearest computer junction. We will have to crawl part of the way.

She set off down the tube, swinging the duffel full of phasers onto the shoulder opposite her phaser rifle.

Naira

Quote from: Susan Venator on February 15, 2018, 11:43:33 AM

USS Killian - Transporter Room

Suzie had tried to read the transporter operator, but thanks mostly to the mans mental discipline, she had been forced to back off. She was just composing herself to attempt to read another of the Killian's crew when Naira and James both demanded to see Commander Eaton.

Suzie decided to tag along as she wanted to get a better idea on what they were up against. And more specifically, what tech was in use that they could use to facilitate their escape.

The corridor they walked down was the standard type found on board most modern starships.

On arrival at the Bridge, she stood back and watched as James and Naira dealt with Eaton.

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on February 15, 2018, 11:56:19 AM

Transporter Room - USS Killian

Ruth looked around in a bit of a panic... when she saw Ash arrive she wandered over.

"Have you seen Jules and Saya?" she asked, "They don't seem to be here.  I know you can do things with warp interference but... maybe they can keep control of the Athena..." she whispered.  "I need to get a message to the Captain or XO, but let me know if you see them.  And Ash... I'm glad you're not there, I'm not saying you're incapable of looking out for yourself, especially in a kitchen with all the things you could throw at people and sharp knives."

Ruth grinned at the thought of Ash holding down the kitchen with agressors laying seige to it, brandishing a clever in one hand and a chef's knife in the other like some kind of culinary highlander, all it needed was a splash of blueberry juice across her face like woad to complete the image.

"...but you're safer here I'm guessing!  Stick close, I still have my boot knife... force of habit from my Security days!"

Walking to Bridge

She found a scrap of paper and a stub of pencil in her pocket.  There wasn't much room on the paper and she had to make sure no-one from the Killian saw her do it but she wrote 'BASH/OZU > ATHENA.  WARP CORE INTERFERE?? THEM IN DANGER??' and folded the paper which was small enough, even tinier then made her way to where the Captain and XO were standing.

She pretended to trip and pushed the paper into Naira's hand as she fell, it was so tiny it was more like a pellet.

"So sorry Ma'am... so many feet in here, I tripped."  She opened her eyes wide hoping that the XO would turn and manage to read the half dozen or so words on the paper.

She whispered "It's rice paper, I'll eat it once you've read if needed."

Naira remained quiet as Captain Carter exchanged heated words with the crewman. She hugged her daughters closed to her and then directed them to wait with the Chief of Security, the doctors and other civilians. She didn't know how their meeting with the Commander Eaton would go or what he had planned for the command staff, but she figured they would be safer if they remained here.

"Be good," she told them as she followed the captain out of the Transporter Room and down the corridor.

She followed behind Captain carter and the crewman, standing side-by-side with Lieutenant Venator and just ahead of Lieutenant Sigurdsdottir. She had been concentrating on jotting every little detail of the ship, what she saw of their crew and anything else that seemed important, to memory. When the science officer tripped and bumped into her, she attempted to turn and help the woman up, when she felt a small pebble pushed into her hand and the lieutenant whispered into her ear. To avoid suspicion from the crewmembers watching them, Naira returned to her earlier forward facing direction and continued towards the Bridge as if nothing had happened.

As she walked, Naira gently rolled the ball back and forth between her thumb and index finger as her arm hung at her side. She slowly unrolled the paper as she went.

[USS Killian - Bridge]

Naira mentally counted the officers on the Bridge, she made note of their height, estimated weight, and physical shape. As it stood now, the four of them stood no change in overpowering the crew or gaining control of their Bridge. they were going to have to use smarts, instead of strength, to get out of this one.

"Commander, I suggest we discuss this in your office rather than in front of your crew." Her tone was cold, with hints of irritation or annoyance.

Commander Eaton, clearly amused as he held the upper hand, extended an arm in a sweeping motion directing the Athena crewmembers in the direction of his office. Naira followed the group, but just before she was to enter the office, she let out a groaning sound, sucked air in through her teeth, placed her hand over her swollen abdomen and went down on one knee. The note she had been slipped was tucked between her hand and her stomach. Quickly she read the note and crumpled it in her hand as the Killian crewman who had escorted them moved closer to her.

"I'll be fine, the baby shifted and kicked my lung." It was a lie, but they would have no way of knowing that.

She waved off any attempt at help and climbed up to her feet, she placed her hand over her face and pulled her hair back out of her face, while tossing the paper into her mouth and swallowing it.

"I just need to sit down for a bit and I could use some water," she said as she let out a small cough.

Susan Venator

Quote from: Naira on February 15, 2018, 05:36:22 PM

Naira remained quiet as Captain Carter exchanged heated words with the crewman. She hugged her daughters closed to her and then directed them to wait with the Chief of Security, the doctors and other civilians. She didn't know how their meeting with the Commander Eaton would go or what he had planned for the command staff, but she figured they would be safer if they remained here.

"Be good," she told them as she followed the captain out of the Transporter Room and down the corridor.

She followed behind Captain carter and the crewman, standing side-by-side with Lieutenant Venator and just ahead of Lieutenant Sigurdsdottir. She had been concentrating on jotting every little detail of the ship, what she saw of their crew and anything else that seemed important, to memory. When the science officer tripped and bumped into her, she attempted to turn and help the woman up, when she felt a small pebble pushed into her hand and the lieutenant whispered into her ear. To avoid suspicion from the crewmembers watching them, Naira returned to her earlier forward facing direction and continued towards the Bridge as if nothing had happened.

As she walked, Naira gently rolled the ball back and forth between her thumb and index finger as her arm hung at her side. She slowly unrolled the paper as she went.

[USS Killian - Bridge]

Naira mentally counted the officers on the Bridge, she made note of their height, estimated weight, and physical shape. As it stood now, the four of them stood no change in overpowering the crew or gaining control of their Bridge. they were going to have to use smarts, instead of strength, to get out of this one.

"Commander, I suggest we discuss this in your office rather than in front of your crew." Her tone was cold, with hints of irritation or annoyance.

Commander Eaton, clearly amused as he held the upper hand, extended an arm in a sweeping motion directing the Athena crewmembers in the direction of his office. Naira followed the group, but just before she was to enter the office, she let out a groaning sound, sucked air in through her teeth, placed her hand over her swollen abdomen and went down on one knee. The note she had been slipped was tucked between her hand and her stomach. Quickly she read the note and crumpled it in her hand as the Killian crewman who had escorted them moved closer to her.

"I'll be fine, the baby shifted and kicked my lung." It was a lie, but they would have no way of knowing that.

She waved off any attempt at help and climbed up to her feet, she placed her hand over her face and pulled her hair back out of her face, while tossing the paper into her mouth and swallowing it.

"I just need to sit down for a bit and I could use some water," she said as she let out a small cough.

USS Killian - Bridge

As Naira pretended she was having a problem with her baby, Suzie knew she was pretending as she was very familiar with the Commanders emotions, she put an arm round the XO as if to give support. She knew that Ruth had passed a note, about what she dd not know but she suspected it was to do with a missing crew member. She hoped that at least one or two had managed to hide. They could either summon help or assist them in escaping.

She had been trying to pick up the emotions on the crew to see if there was anyone who might be willing to help them. So far she had not found anyone.

As She helped Naira into the office, she was surprised to find that Eaton's emotions were easier to read. He was not as nearly as confident as he was pretending to be. Whether because he was doing something wrong or he was nearly as powerful as he pretended, she was not sure.

Therefore, she decided to probe his mind. Gently at first, just to see what she could find out.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Naira on February 15, 2018, 05:36:22 PM

Quote from: Susan Venator on February 15, 2018, 05:47:26 PM

USS Killian - Bridge

As Naira pretended she was having a problem with her baby, Suzie knew she was pretending as she was very familiar with the Commanders emotions, she put an arm round the XO as if to give support. She knew that Ruth had passed a note, about what she dd not know but she suspected it was to do with a missing crew member. She hoped that at least one or two had managed to hide. They could either summon help or assist them in escaping.

She had been trying to pick up the emotions on the crew to see if there was anyone who might be willing to help them. So far she had not found anyone.

As She helped Naira into the office, she was surprised to find that Eaton's emotions were easier to read. He was not as nearly as confident as he was pretending to be. Whether because he was doing something wrong or he was nearly as powerful as he pretended, she was not sure.

Therefore, she decided to probe his mind. Gently at first, just to see what she could find out.

[Office - USS Killian]

Ruth followed the XO, Captain and Susan into the room, she didn't know if she might be needed to explain more to the XO but she figured that if Eaton's lot was going to try anything then it was better 4 against them than 3.  She still had her boot knife, she always had her boot knife.

She decided to go over to Susan and stood very close then sort of pressed her foot up against Susan's the pressure just enough for Susan to know that something was going on but, since Ruth had worked in Security, she knew that the Ops officer was savvy enough to look ahead or anywhere but at her.

Out of the corner of her mouth she said "Reach out, I can't send or recieve but I won't block you reading."

She hoped that Susan got what she meant and just had the same message going through her brain which was thus:
Note I gave XO - Bash and Ozu in Engineering, still on the Athena.  Think proximity to warp core caused interference, could they be in danger if Eaton gets the crew manifest?? Not mentioned - is there any way we can change crew manifest to erase their names so they can do what they can??

Susan Venator

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on February 15, 2018, 06:13:54 PM

[Office - USS Killian]

Ruth followed the XO, Captain and Susan into the room, she didn't know if she might be needed to explain more to the XO but she figured that if Eaton's lot was going to try anything then it was better 4 against them than 3.  She still had her boot knife, she always had her boot knife.

She decided to go over to Susan and stood very close then sort of pressed her foot up against Susan's the pressure just enough for Susan to know that something was going on but, since Ruth had worked in Security, she knew that the Ops officer was savvy enough to look ahead or anywhere but at her.

Out of the corner of her mouth she said "Reach out, I can't send or recieve but I won't block you reading."

She hoped that Susan got what she meant and just had the same message going through her brain which was thus:
Note I gave XO - Bash and Ozu in Engineering, still on the Athena.  Think proximity to warp core caused interference, could they be in danger if Eaton gets the crew manifest?? Not mentioned - is there any way we can change crew manifest to erase their names so they can do what they can??

USS Killian - Office

Suzie heard Ruth's whispered message and immediately turned her telepathy to the Science officer while keeping her eyes firmly focused on Eaton.

She picked up at once what Ruth was thinking. She then, very gently, projected her own thoughts.

'That depends if he even looks. We can use the Recent court marshal as an excuse of necessary. He is not in as a secure position as he would like us to think! I can change the manifest if I can get access to the Athena's computer systems. Are you armed? I have a carbon fibre multi-tool on my left wrist. It's not much good as a weapon, but I can use it to access their systems and it is invisible to any security sweep.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Susan Venator on February 15, 2018, 07:05:16 PM

USS Killian - Office

Suzie heard Ruth's whispered message and immediately turned her telepathy to the Science officer while keeping her eyes firmly focused on Eaton.

She picked up at once what Ruth was thinking. She then, very gently, projected her own thoughts.

'That depends if he even looks. We can use the Recent court marshal as an excuse of necessary. He is not in as a secure position as he would like us to think! I can change the manifest if I can get access to the Athena's computer systems. Are you armed? I have a carbon fibre multi-tool on my left wrist. It's not much good as a weapon, but I can use it to access their systems and it is invisible to any security sweep.

Eaton's Office - USS Killian

Ruth almost laughed at Susan's question but kept her face passive.

Knowing now that Susan could pick up on her thoughts she left the answer in her brain.

Ex-Security hun, carbon boot knife... right one.  I've always got at least 1 weapon on me at all times.  And I have my fists.  Between us we can take out a few.  Good thinking on the court martial, that's why you're Ops, and while my face looks sombre, imagine I'm grinning at you and giving you thumbs up about now!

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.