Author Topic: Athena Mission 3.1 Camp Kill  (Read 27391 times)

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Athena Mission 3.1 Camp Kill
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 02:12:33 pm »
[CO's Office]

The office was completely barren, a few boxes filled with his things sat stacked in the far corner ready to be transported off if the verdict wasn't in his favor. The Captain's right hand moved along his desk as a smile formulated on his face. He was home again.

[Bridge]

James stepped onto the bridge, his arms folded. "Ms. Venator, thanks for holding down the fort while we were gone." He said in a warm, upbeat tone.

Bridge

Suzie nodded in reply as James spoke.

"Thank you Captain." She replied. "Our course is laid in and we are ready to depart once the last of the crew are back on board." She reported.

She then headed over to the Ops station and took over.

"We are still waiting on several crew members to report on board Captain. Including both Commander and Doctor Brighton, Ensign Man'dak and Doctor Flint." She advised as she pulled up the list of personnel not yet reported in.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Jules Bash

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion 2018 USS IBN Sinna Featured Mission Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 02:35:11 pm »
[JAG Courtroom]

"Is that a take on the Terran band 'The Eagles' song 'Witchy Woman'?" Ruth giggled through her tears.  "Anyhow, yes... the twins are terrifying but fun and just what I need..."

[OOC: Note to anyone interested Jules and Ruth will be moving the adventures on Starbase to a holodeck]

SOMETIME AFTER VISIT WITH TWINS ON STARBASE....
[Transporter Room Hallway - USS Athena]

"Mmm-hmm" Ruth nodded in agreement.  "And thanks for the reminder... paperwork... uck!" she pulled a mock face of hatred.  "See you later my favourite engineer!"  she said running a finger down one of his antennae.

She turned to go, then turned back, remembering something. "Look, thanks for today, the twins adore you and I needed someone...there.  I'm still not right by a long shot because seeing the twins is a double edged sword.  I love them but it reminds me of all that I've lost, and trust me, they wouldn't have hugged you when we left if they didn't like you.  Also they would have messed around even more...but I needed the fun, and I needed someone there to hug me when we'd done in the courtroom.  I owe ya.  Come find me after shift, if you want we can talk more or watch a movie or hang out in the mess with Ash, and Saya if she wants to tag along."

She planted a kiss on Jules' cheek.  "Take care for now, but don't be away from me too long, or I might end up the wet mess that I was before.  You do know the twins think we're far more than 'just friends' by the way!"  She giggled.

"Anyhow, must dash I need to get out of this bloomin' dress uniform and into my regular one and up to the Bridge.  Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

[Transporter Room Hallway]
Jules shuddered briefly as she ran a finger along one antennae. Damn this woman was touchy feely. He thought he was free until she turned back around. As she spoke, he felt his mind begin to pick up speed again. As she dashed off, he turned to head to his own quarters, as his thoughts began to rumble around. The twins thought something of him, and thought something of his relationship with Ruth. She thought something of it as well.

What did he think about it? Jules thought he was crazy. Then again, he was always crazy. To be honest, Ruth would have made a good Andorian. Emotional, energized, aggressive. If she had initiated things, he probably would have been bondmates with her. Then again, was the current situation so much different? From what he had seen of humans "mating" rituals while on Mars, she had initiated some form of relationship, seemingly romantic in nature.

[Quarters]
Jules wandered into his shared room, noting that his roommate appeared to be out. Any number of reasons why, Jules didn't particularly care at the moment. He changed out of his dress uniform, putting it away to a place where he hoped to not need it for quite awhile. He tugged a new standard uniform on, and sat for a moment.

No answers came to him. To be honest, he had gotten to Star Fleet to get away, to continue doing his work without as much fear of his situation becoming a problem. He wasn't sure that he'd exactly been planning much of a life outside of that.

Jules rose, walking out of his apartment, down the hallway. He thought he heard... a string instrument? Strange. He was tempted to try and figure out who was playing, but tossed the idea. Part of his punishment for his work on the away team was to inventory and adjust the replacement probes they had acquired to replace the ones they'd shot off around Vendii Prime. Jules didn't mind, it would be something to do.

[Cargo Bay]
Jules entered the cargo bay, tool case in hand. The probes were still its original packaging for disbursement. He'd be here for awhile, just unpacking the things, let alone registering them into the Athena system for inventory. Nothing like work to chase away your problems. That, or the Andorian Ale he'd gotten back on the starbase, that worked too. 

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 05:40:22 pm »
[JAG Courtroom]

"Is that a take on the Terran band 'The Eagles' song 'Witchy Woman'?" Ruth giggled through her tears.  "Anyhow, yes... the twins are terrifying but fun and just what I need..."

[OOC: Note to anyone interested Jules and Ruth will be moving the adventures on Starbase to a holodeck]

SOMETIME AFTER VISIT WITH TWINS ON STARBASE....
[Transporter Room Hallway - USS Athena]

"Mmm-hmm" Ruth nodded in agreement.  "And thanks for the reminder... paperwork... uck!" she pulled a mock face of hatred.  "See you later my favourite engineer!"  she said running a finger down one of his antennae.

She turned to go, then turned back, remembering something. "Look, thanks for today, the twins adore you and I needed someone...there.  I'm still not right by a long shot because seeing the twins is a double edged sword.  I love them but it reminds me of all that I've lost, and trust me, they wouldn't have hugged you when we left if they didn't like you.  Also they would have messed around even more...but I needed the fun, and I needed someone there to hug me when we'd done in the courtroom.  I owe ya.  Come find me after shift, if you want we can talk more or watch a movie or hang out in the mess with Ash, and Saya if she wants to tag along."

She planted a kiss on Jules' cheek.  "Take care for now, but don't be away from me too long, or I might end up the wet mess that I was before.  You do know the twins think we're far more than 'just friends' by the way!"  She giggled.

"Anyhow, must dash I need to get out of this bloomin' dress uniform and into my regular one and up to the Bridge.  Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

Bridge

After running to her quarters, tearing off the dress uniform and flinging it on the bed... more to get it out of her system than anything, she picked it up straight after and popped it onto a hanger, she put on a fresh set of teals and wandered up to the Bridge.

Coming through the turbolift doors she saw Susan, the XO and the Captain so she nodded and gave a small smile to her crewmate, and a nod and "Sir, Ma'am" to the Captain and XO before taking a seat at the Science console.
Bridge

Suzie nodded in reply as James spoke.

"Thank you Captain." She replied. "Our course is laid in and we are ready to depart once the last of the crew are back on board." She reported.

She then headed over to the Ops station and took over.

"We are still waiting on several crew members to report on board Captain. Including both Commander and Doctor Brighton, Ensign Man'dak and Doctor Flint." She advised as she pulled up the list of personnel not yet reported in.

[Bridge]

Naira nodded to the science officer as she entered the room and took her place at her console.

She was looking forward to getting started on their new assignment as soon as possible. She wanted to prove to Starfleet Command that they, as a crew, could learn from their mistakes and follow orders from here on out. While some of the others may have been quick to put their careers on the line and risk being stripped of duty, she wasn't one of them. She had people that relied on her and without her position, she wasn't sure what exactly she would do.

Her girls needed the stability and her mother needed a steady flow of income if she wanted to continue their side work. Without her position, she doubted she'd be able to help on the scale that she currently was. That was just something she wasn't willing to risk.

"Thank you for your update Lieutenant."

Tapping her comm badge, she issued a message. =/\= Naira to Commander Carter, Doctor Brighton, Ensign Man'dak and Doctor Flint, please finish whatever business you have aboard the base and return to the Athena immediately. We wish to depart as soon as possible. =/\=

Naira did not like tardiness and was in no mood to stand around while members of the crew took part in leisurely activities when they had work to do. They had just been issued a formal reprimand and it seemed as if some of the crew were treating it as if they were on vacation.   

Offline Ruth Sigurdsdottir

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • It's clearly illogical.
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 06:06:32 pm »
[Bridge]

Naira nodded to the science officer as she entered the room and took her place at her console.

"Thank you for your update Lieutenant."

[Bridge]
"Ma'am, when we are underway and you have a spare moment would it be possible to speak with you on a personal matter please?"

Ruth appealed to the woman knowing that her daughters were on board, and this was a matter of family.  However, there was no rush to have anything implemented straight away it was just something which she had promised to look into for the twins.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2018, 07:44:49 pm »
[ U.S.S. Athena ~ Transport Room 2 ]

Caleb had arrived aboard the Athena just shortly after Katheryn had. They continued to hold hands as they arrived on the Athena. As they came into view, their wedding bands gleamed in the light. They matched one another with their silver and blue wedding bands. He kissed her lightly as they arrived thankful for another successful transport. Every since the news of the twins, Caleb had been anxious. Not only for being a father, but he his newfound worry for his wife. He knew she could handle herself, but she still was carrying his children and that made his parental instance flare up to no end. They had fought a little about it, but soon made up as not only had their calmly voiced concerns to one another, Buddy came to stop them and offer some much needed cuddle time.

[Bridge]
Tapping her comm badge, she issued a message. =/\= Naira to Commander Carter, Doctor Brighton, Ensign Man'dak and Doctor Flint, please finish whatever business you have aboard the base and return to the Athena immediately. We wish to depart as soon as possible. =/\=

Caleb had heard Naira hail him. It was lucky for he and Katheryn that they had arrived just before Naira called to him. He tapped on his combadge to respond.   =/\= "Roger that. Katheryn and I are in Transport Room 2. Seems that we have perfect timing. If you need either of us we have a bit of business to take care of in medical before we are on duty. Catch you in a bit" =/\= Caleb need not know the reason as to why they wanted to get out of dodge, but it seemed rather too quick. It was lucky they had gotten things done before the trail and not after.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2018, 07:57:02 pm »

Caleb had heard Naira hail him. It was lucky for he and Katheryn that they had arrived just before Naira called to him. He tapped on his combadge to respond.   =/\= "Roger that. Katheryn and I are in Transport Room 2. Seems that we have perfect timing. If you need either of us we have a bit of business to take care of in medical before we are on duty. Catch you in a bit" =/\= Caleb need not know the reason as to why they wanted to get out of dodge, but it seemed rather too quick. It was lucky they had gotten things done before the trail and not after.

[Transporter Room 2]

Once the couple had materialised, Katheryn had to admit it felt good to be back home as much as she had enjoyed their brief time on the Base before the trial and happy now that they were getting to continue exploring the Galaxy with only a formal reprimand behind them. She was also keen to have this check up and carry out their promise to one another to find out the twins gender which they had agreed to do after the outcome of the trial. Smiling as her husband kissed her cheek knowing how more protective he had become since finding out she was pregnant and despite the odd squabble about it knew it was a sign of how much he cared and they had soon resolved any issues calmly and with the help of Buddy.

She also agreed with her husband that they had arrived back at the perfect time as he answered Naira's hail and knew that once they were finished in Medical both would change and start their duty shifts. Not letting go of Cal's hand the couple thanked the Transporter Chief then made their way out of the room and into a waiting turbolift.

[Medical Bay]

The Brighton's arrived at the Medical Bay not long after and Katheryn walked over to a bio bed as requested whilst Caleb sought out Wendy for the much anticipated ultrasound appointment.

Academy Commandant

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2018, 02:50:42 am »
[Bridge]

Naira tapped her foot. She turned her head to look out the main viewscreen and then back at the turbolift.

"If you'll excuse me," she said to everyone and no one in particular as she headed back to in the lift.

She headed straight for Transporter Room One, nodded to operator and folded her arm across her chest.

"Lock on to the comm signals of any crew member still on the base and beam them back on the ship." Her tone was harsh and serious.

"Yes, yes ma'am" The man on duty stuttered as he locked onto the their signals and a half dozen people materialized on the platform.

Most of those assembled averted their eyes, apologized or quickly rushed off to work after seeing the annoyed look on the XO's face.

"Is that everyone?" She asked the operator.

"No ma'am, there's one one. I was having some trouble locking on to his signal, but I think I have it now."

"Bring him aboard."

A long moment passed before a half-naked crewman appeared hunched over clutching his uniform around his midsection.

"Crewman!" Naira raised her voice, "I don't care what you choose to do in your own time, but you are expected to report back to the ship on time! Get yourself dressed and report to your station." Naira glare at him as he hurried out of the room.

=/\= Naira to Bridge, everyone is now on board. We can deport the starbase now. I will rejoin you up there again in a moment.=/\=

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2018, 11:59:00 am »
[Bridge]

Naira tapped her foot. She turned her head to look out the main viewscreen and then back at the turbolift.

"If you'll excuse me," she said to everyone and no one in particular as she headed back to in the lift.

She headed straight for Transporter Room One, nodded to operator and folded her arm across her chest.

"Lock on to the comm signals of any crew member still on the base and beam them back on the ship." Her tone was harsh and serious.

"Yes, yes ma'am" The man on duty stuttered as he locked onto the their signals and a half dozen people materialized on the platform.

Most of those assembled averted their eyes, apologized or quickly rushed off to work after seeing the annoyed look on the XO's face.

"Is that everyone?" She asked the operator.

"No ma'am, there's one one. I was having some trouble locking on to his signal, but I think I have it now."

"Bring him aboard."

A long moment passed before a half-naked crewman appeared hunched over clutching his uniform around his midsection.

"Crewman!" Naira raised her voice, "I don't care what you choose to do in your own time, but you are expected to report back to the ship on time! Get yourself dressed and report to your station." Naira glare at him as he hurried out of the room.

=/\= Naira to Bridge, everyone is now on board. We can deport the starbase now. I will rejoin you up there again in a moment.=/\=

Bridge

Suzie, who still had the Conn, received the call. she responded at one

=/\= Understood Commander. We will depart at once. Bridge out!=/\=

She handed Ops over to the Ensign who was standing behind her and moved into the centre of the Bridge and opened a channel.

=/\= Bridge to All Hands. Prepare for departure. All Hands to cruising stations. =/\=

Closing the channel she addressed the Bridge crew.

"Ops, bring Deflector online and ready inertial dampeners. Helm, confirm course and clear our departure with Station Ops." She ordered.

"Deflector is online Ma'am and inertial dampeners are at cruising level." The Ensign at Ops reported.

"Confirmed course laid in Lieutenant and Station Ops has cleared us." The Ensign at flight reported.

"Very good. Release docking clamps and engage thrusters." She ordered.

"Docking clamps released, thrusters firing."

"Await until we are clear of the pylons then engage impulse. Once clear of Station boundaries, you are cleared to proceed on the ordered course, Warp 6." She ordered.

"Aye Lieutenant. We are clear of the pylons, engaging Impulse drive 1/4 power."

Suzie watched as the Athena cleared the docking pylons and then moved at impulse out of the station area.

"We are clear of the Station Lieutenant. Engaging Warp drive now."

Soon the familiar signs of Warp travel showed on the viewscreen.

"We are proceeding on course Lieutenant. Steady at Warp 6. ETA is 12 hours present speed.

"Understood." She replied, before facing the Captain.

"We are proceeding to the coordinates you provided at Warp 6 Captain. ETA is 12 hours." She reported.

She knew he would have heard this, but it was the proper thing to do.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 02:56:00 pm »
Bridge

Suzie, who still had the Conn, received the call. she responded at one

=/\= Understood Commander. We will depart at once. Bridge out!=/\=

She handed Ops over to the Ensign who was standing behind her and moved into the centre of the Bridge and opened a channel.

=/\= Bridge to All Hands. Prepare for departure. All Hands to cruising stations. =/\=

Closing the channel she addressed the Bridge crew.

"Ops, bring Deflector online and ready inertial dampeners. Helm, confirm course and clear our departure with Station Ops." She ordered.

"Deflector is online Ma'am and inertial dampeners are at cruising level." The Ensign at Ops reported.

"Confirmed course laid in Lieutenant and Station Ops has cleared us." The Ensign at flight reported.

"Very good. Release docking clamps and engage thrusters." She ordered.

"Docking clamps released, thrusters firing."

"Await until we are clear of the pylons then engage impulse. Once clear of Station boundaries, you are cleared to proceed on the ordered course, Warp 6." She ordered.

"Aye Lieutenant. We are clear of the pylons, engaging Impulse drive 1/4 power."

Suzie watched as the Athena cleared the docking pylons and then moved at impulse out of the station area.

"We are clear of the Station Lieutenant. Engaging Warp drive now."

Soon the familiar signs of Warp travel showed on the viewscreen.

"We are proceeding on course Lieutenant. Steady at Warp 6. ETA is 12 hours present speed.

"Understood." She replied, before facing the Captain.

"We are proceeding to the coordinates you provided at Warp 6 Captain. ETA is 12 hours." She reported.

She knew he would have heard this, but it was the proper thing to do.

[Bridge]

Naira reentered the Bridge just in time to hear Lieutenant Venator recount course and estimated time of arrival. Turning to the Captain, she asked, "Is there anything of note we should be expected to keep an eye on? As I understand it, it sounds as if we are being placed on routine patrol duty, but I'm not all that familiar with this region of space."

She glanced out the main viewscreen at the hundreds of stars that zipped past them as they traveled at warp speeds. At times it was easy to sit back and just stare at the mesmerizing scene as her mind begun to wander. How many hours had she spent doing just that? How many days had she lost in transit? When she realized that she was falling into its alluring trap once more, she pulled herself back just enough to follow her train of thought.

"Sir, do you plan on remaining on the Bridge for the time being or would you like me to take a shift while you attend to other matters?"

Naira tried her best to keep their interactions as formal and professional as possible. Since the incident on their last mission, she felt that whatever sort of relationship they had was strained over their disagreement on how to handle the Vindii Situation. However, she wanted to keep up appearances of a united front for the rest of the crew. They needed to be seen as working together, for the sake of the everyone else.   

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2018, 08:03:34 pm »
[Transporter Room 2]

Once the couple had materialised, Katheryn had to admit it felt good to be back home as much as she had enjoyed their brief time on the Base before the trial and happy now that they were getting to continue exploring the Galaxy with only a formal reprimand behind them. She was also keen to have this check up and carry out their promise to one another to find out the twins gender which they had agreed to do after the outcome of the trial. Smiling as her husband kissed her cheek knowing how more protective he had become since finding out she was pregnant and despite the odd squabble about it knew it was a sign of how much he cared and they had soon resolved any issues calmly and with the help of Buddy.

She also agreed with her husband that they had arrived back at the perfect time as he answered Naira's hail and knew that once they were finished in Medical both would change and start their duty shifts. Not letting go of Cal's hand the couple thanked the Transporter Chief then made their way out of the room and into a waiting turbolift.

[Medical Bay]

The Brighton's arrived at the Medical Bay not long after and Katheryn walked over to a bio bed as requested whilst Caleb sought out Wendy for the much anticipated ultrasound appointment.

[ Medical Bay ]

Wendy approached the Brightons with a smile. This was a big day and she knew the good doctor and his wonderful wife were anxious. She greeted the two before she got to work on the ultrasound.  She hummed to herself and she went through everything. "Well it is safe to say the twins are developing wonderfully. Now I can tell tell you you children's sex now or you can wait it's up to you... Funny Caleb, I now have some power," Wendy said jokingly. This made the both of them laugh. "Whatever you wish my love," Caleb said to Katheryn.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Non-Playing Character 1

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 02:36:12 am »
[3 Hours Later - USS Killian]

=/\= Commander Eaton, our sensors show a Federation ship has appeared nearby. What should we do? =/\= An operations officer asked quietly.

=/\= Is the ship on approach? Or is it just passing through? =/\= Eaton asked calmly as he sat at his command station.

=/\= They appear to be on patrol in the area. No doubt they'll see us soon. =/\=

Eaton sighed slightly thinking on the situation. =/\= Right, what's it's designation then? =/\= Eaton grabbed his PADD, ready to research whatever ship was on approach.

=/\= NCC-31415-A, the ship's name is the USS Athena. =/\=

=/\= Right, thank you Ensign. =/\= Eaton's quickly pulled up the last year of logs the Athena had created. His brows furrowed slightly as he read what this ship had done. Once he had skimmed through a year he skipped back to when the ship was first built. That's when a log caught his eye. This ship blew the doors off of S31. If they did that, there was no way they wouldn't do that with the Killian as well. "Hail the Athena." He commanded the comms officer on the bridge.

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 04:54:30 am »
[3 Hours Later - USS Athena]

James sat in the center of the Bridge. The shift up to this point was quiet, which was admittedly a nice change of pace for him. "All stations, what's our status?" The captain asked in a dull tone. His eyes absentmindedly glanced to his wrist-watch as he considered handing off control of the Bridge to someone else so that he could go to his office and get other work done. His view immediately shifted back to the view screen as his eyes caught a strange field of asteroids. Little did he know, the field was what was containing the Killian. In his mind that would be the best place to hide from a routine patrol. "Flight, take us into the asteroid field. Let's make sure it's nice and clear yeah?"

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 08:44:26 am »
[ Medical Bay ]

Wendy approached the Brightons with a smile. This was a big day and she knew the good doctor and his wonderful wife were anxious. She greeted the two before she got to work on the ultrasound.  She hummed to herself and she went through everything. "Well it is safe to say the twins are developing wonderfully. Now I can tell tell you you children's sex now or you can wait it's up to you... Funny Caleb, I now have some power," Wendy said jokingly. This made the both of them laugh. "Whatever you wish my love," Caleb said to Katheryn.

[Prior to Time Skip]

[Sickbay]

There was always some emotion involved whenever Katheryn got to see her unborn children on the ultrasound screen especially seeing the slight changes and their progress each time and getting to share it with her husband. Feeling both happiness and relief when Wendy informed them that they were progressing well before asking if they wanted to know the gender or wait.

Looking at her husband when he spoke and knew exactly what her answer  would be as they  had discussed it before the hearing. " We both would like to know Wendy" she said softly holding onto Caleb's hand.

Wendy smiled and looked to the screen for a moment before turning to the couple. " Congratulations I'm pleased to tell you that your having a boy and a girl"she said happily. Katheryn almost welled up at the news, looking to Caleb again and saw the grin on his face, knowing that it matched her own before he leaned in and they shared a brief kiss.

They both thanked Wendy before Caleb helped Katheryn off the bio bed and the couple walked to his office.

[Three Hours Later]

[Bridge]

Katheryn had been at the Sec/Tac console for the last couple of  hours after relieving Ensign Baker who had overseen the ship leaving dock and reported that things were normal as the Chief had taken over. She hadn't expected anything less from Baker whilst she was gone and continued running background scans and organised drills that were now being delivered by Petty Officer Richards.

Her mind drifting back for a moment as she thought about the ultrasound and how her and Caleb had spent a little time celebrating the news before choosing the names although decided to keep them a secret for now, loving the fact that they meant something special to the couple given how they honoured tradition.

When the Captain then asked for all stations to report, she spoke up " All tactical scans show normal and I have drills running on the holodeck " she said before the Captain asked helm to take them into a nearby asteroid field. Thinking ahead she prepared shields just in case they were needed to protect the ship as it entered the field.

Academy Commandant

Offline Ozu Saya

• Chief Engine-Ears
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Ozu Saya
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2018, 09:20:19 am »
[Quarters - 3 hours later]

Saya had returned her cello to its case and was sitting at her desk reading engineering journals. After finishing her third article, she sat back and stretched her hands over her head, working out the kinks developed from cello playing. She glanced out the window and was surprised to see that the ship appeared to be entering an asteroid field. Well, that could be interesting. Saya decided to head to engineering to see if she could do anything, even though she wasn't meant to be on duty until the next day.

[Engineering]

Saya took position at a console near the warp drive, checking readings and making sure all was as it should be. The engines needed to be at peak performance for navigating an asteroid field--it could be tricky. She hoped the pilot was up to it.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Offline Ruth Sigurdsdottir

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • It's clearly illogical.
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 09:46:11 am »
[3 Hours Later - USS Athena]

James sat in the center of the Bridge. The shift up to this point was quiet, which was admittedly a nice change of pace for him. "All stations, what's our status?" The captain asked in a dull tone. His eyes absentmindedly glanced to his wrist-watch as he considered handing off control of the Bridge to someone else so that he could go to his office and get other work done. His view immediately shifted back to the view screen as his eyes caught a strange field of asteroids. Little did he know, the field was what was containing the Killian. In his mind that would be the best place to hide from a routine patrol. "Flight, take us into the asteroid field. Let's make sure it's nice and clear yeah?"

Bridge

Ruth smiled at the Captain's comment.  From experience asteroids were rarely 'nice and clear' as she'd found out from her last visit to one.

"Situation normal sir, small storm about 3 hours out, nothing to worry about and..."

[3 Hours Later - USS Killian]

=/\= Commander Eaton, our sensors show a Federation ship has appeared nearby. What should we do? =/\= An operations officer asked quietly.

"There appears to be another ship out there... from the warp signature I've run it through our databanks and it's the USS Killian, Sir."

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles