USS Tempest 2017 Awards Ceremony

Started by James H. Hawk, January 29, 2018, 08:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James H. Hawk

It's that time of year everyone! The Tempest Awards Ceremony for 2017!

First off, we have the service awards. These are given out to every player based on their time on Shadowfleet.

Service Awards

6 Month Service Ribbon

Lieutenant Solluk

1 Year Service Ribbon

Commander James Hawk

Lieutenant Commander K'lizh

Lieutenant Commander Ian Galloway

Lieutenant Kintiss

Senior Chief Petty Officer Jada Nozama

Petty Officer, First Class Naga Rylu

5 Year Service Ribbon

Commodore Admiral
Julia Rellek (Five years? Mate, get a life :P Just kidding, boss, please don't airlock me)

Meritorious Service Ribbon
This award is given to players who are reach the rank of Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. We actually have three people who get this award, you all need a life too :P Seriously though, well done and congratulations.

Lieutenant Commander K'lizh

Lieutenant Commander Ian Galloway

Senior Chief Petty Officer Jada Nozama

Posting Ability

The next category is posting ability. These awards are given to players based on the quality of their posts. It was tough to choose, the Tempest is full of incredible writers (and me :P ) but the Admiral and I believe that the following people are deserving of their respective awards.

Posting Excellence Award

This award goes to a player who has demonstrated consistent high quality posting skills.

This award goes to Lieutenant Solluk. His posts are always incredibly detailed and enjoyable to read. He does need to stop though, he keeps showing me up! Only kidding, keep up the great work. We are lucky to have you.

Descriptive Combat Award

This award goes to the player who can most creatively portray blowing stuff up and shooting things, and this award can only go to Senior Chief Jada!

Best Newcomer Award

This award is for the newcomers who quickly show their posting excellence and commitment. This award is actually going to two of our newest members, Ensign Jus'draal and Cadet Octavia Tarian. Both these new members quickly proved to be great writers and quickly got themselves involved in the missions. Octavia must have filled at least a page with Ian in the current mission :P Congratulations to you both.

Technical Precision Award

This award goes to the player who constantly includes in depth technical detail in their post. In other words, technobabble that's sometimes better than the Star Trek TV shows themself.

This year, the Technical Precision Award is going to Lieutenant Solluk who's posts are good enough to I dare say give the Chief Engineers of the TV show a run for their money.

Most Engaging Member Award

Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most emotionally engaging, scene setting posts.
This one was tough, but I for one am always engaged by K'lizh's posts, more specifically I love reading the misery his character suffers, call me a sadist but I love watching him get sick from bad fish on an aquatic planet, being relentless tormented with cat jokes and puns, spill hot drinks on himself more than I do in real life, and his struggled with wearing clothing as opposed to the more nudist ways on his home planet. Congratulations K'lizh!

Best Duo Award

Awarded in January and July to the two players who have shown the highest levels of cooperation.

There is little question about this one. For 2017 the Best Duo Award for the USS Tempest goes to Solluk and Jada.

Rib Tickler Award

Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.

This one no question has to go with our very on Cat in the....Starship? Cat in the Not-Hat? Cat in the skant uniform? Ill stop with the awful cringey puns now. Congratulations K'lizh! I always look forward to his witty comments and, yes, I still love watching him suffer.

Extra Contribution

These awards are for those who consistently contribute extra and go above and beyond what's expected of them.

Captain's Personal Merit Award

The Captain's or I guess Admiral's now, Personal Merit Award goes to Lieutenant Kintiss, our Lizard Wizard (Lizard Doctor doesn't sound as good so we'll stick with Lizard Wizard, he's just that good a Doctor, James still refuses his checkup though :P )

Executive Officer's Personal Merit Award

I have to give this one to Jada. You probably don't all know it, but Jada has been working really hard behinds the scenes with me to help make our missions as fun and enjoyable as possible. She's provided me with incredible support and advice, and I honestly could not do it without her. Thank you very much for your support, I really do appreciate it.

Crew Choice Award
This award is voted on by the ship to the player the crew feel are most deserving of recognition. However, this year the Russian's hacked our election and we've actually got two winners, so congratulations to Solluk and Jada. Just to be clear, you are now both under investigation for collusion with Russia.

Outstanding Commitment Award

These are awarded in January and July to players who are always online and posting regularly in missions.

Solluk is always online and not only that bust he's always posting, and not only that but he's always posting amazing posts, so this award goes to our CEO(Chief Elf Officer)!

Contribution Award

This is awarded in January and July to players who make contributions outside of missions. These could include submitting mission ideas and helping new members settle in.

This award goes to two people as well (damnit you lot, stop being so awesome, you all make it so hard to pick awards when you are all so great!), Ian and K'lizh. These two contribute a great deal to the Tempest. They help keep missions flowing with their creative ideas and don't hesitate to pull me up and help when I make a mistake. They also always jump at the chance to greet new players and help them settle in. Congratulations you two!

Outstanding Contribution Award

Awarded in January and July to players who make outstanding continued contributions outside of missions. These could include assisting the commanding officer with important tasks or temporarily taking on command officer responsibilities. The Contribution Award must be earned before this award.

Since I conscripted her a few months ago to help me write and run missions, Jada has been invaluable to helping our missions run more or less smoothly and I hope, keeping them interesting and fun. Thank you again Jada!
Now appologies for my terrible jokes throughout this. This is what happens when I'm awake past 12. My brain works even less well than normal. In the immortal words of Jeb Bush....please clap.

Congratulations to all of those who received awards and thank you too everyone, I really enjoyed this year thanks to you guys! Let's make 2018 even better!

I'm off to sleep now, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow for me to fix whatever coding mistakes, or even regular mistakes I've inevitably made because you know me...I can never get anything right first go :P

Klizh

Russian hacking? Goddamnit, I know who's behind that.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Octavia Tarian

Man I love this place!
Congratulations to everyone

Solluk

I am surprised and grateful for this recognition.

And I salute others who have given so much to the sim.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Jada

Well done everyone!

We should have a whole Australian-animal themed team: Kintiss can be Lizard Wizard, Jada can be Combat Wombat, and... and I need more ideas.

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Jada on January 30, 2018, 07:13:18 AM

Well done everyone!

We should have a whole Australian-animal themed team: Kintiss can be Lizard Wizard, Jada can be Combat Wombat, and... and I need more ideas.

Newbie Wallaby? or Engie Wallaby... and the Mess Chief could be a COOK-aburra :P

Congrats to all on your awards.

Hrafn/Ruth

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.