News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Medbay Blues (Open)

Started by Kali Reyes, January 22, 2018, 08:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kali Reyes

[Medbay]

It was yearly physicals by the time Kali returned to her post aboard the Discovery. On the one hand, she kind of enjoyed watching someone other than her get prodded by the nurses or put under stamina training to gauge vitals. The last two years of her own she went to she was drunk as a skunk, but her personal doctor couldn't complain about it. Kali had been a very functional drunk - probably more so than she ever was when sober.

So she wasn't surprised (though maybe a bit smug), when this year's readings came out a bit underwhelming. Her blood pressure was lower and her stamina diminished a bit. The last nurse had been wholly of the mind that Kali's special metabolism has either been compensating from so much liquor in her system that she might actually need it to function properly. There was no way in hell she could put that in the Starfleet Med Journal without gaining flak from them or Kali's sobriety coach, so they kind of left that on the cutting room table and never spoke about it again.

Kali's job today was to simply camp in the tiny waiting room and card every officer and crewman that came out of examination, log their scores into her PADD, and then 'counsel' them as to how to improve their well-being in the near future.

Earlier, poor Lieutenant Plant needed to requisition a special donut to sit on during his shifts. No one really needed to know the details of why, but this was why she was here. Accommodation, Human/Alien resources, the whole crew well-being shebang that came with Operations.

When the next poor victim came out, she tapped her stylus against the PADD for their attention and drew up the file. "Let's see here. I'm gonna need you to sign off for a few things before you're cleared for duty. First question, do you require any special apparatus and/or device to help productivity during shift?"

Ardyn Jaeger

[Medbay]
Ardyn stepped out of the sickbay, probably a bit early from her doctor's appointment, but she didn't care. Trying to explain to the resident shrink on duty that she had already had a recent examination before she left to transfer to the Discovery was nigh impossible, as he kept insisting that he still had to do the blasted exam. There was no chance in hell that that was going to happen, so, she just left. Nodding to the woman in Ops yellow, she began heading off to wherever the 10- Forward was. She needed a drink.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

T'Ra Jones

[Sickbay]

T'Ra walked into sickbay, infant in arm. "Where do you think you're goin, Miss Jaeger?" she asked, her tone level, though she was sure the flight officer knew her well enough by now to know it was just a joke. "Little T'Lana is due for a check-up," she added, to explain her presence. Evan could have just as easily done it himself back in the privacy of their personal quarters, but as she was still getting to know the crew, T'Ra was glad for another excuse to visit sickbay.

Something caught her attention: a yellow shirt sitting there but not seeming to be in line to be seen. No. She was actually jotting down information as each person left. "Would you mind holding her a minute?" T'Ra asked Jaeger, motioning to the little one.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Lennox Ainsley

[Medbay]

Leading up to the yearly check-up, Lennox tended to steer clear of the booze but there had been a huge amount that had gone on and some were simply best to forget.

The Scotsman had taken time out of the day to have snuck in a drink when he had some downtime. Of course, he had tried to prevent himself from going into a complete relapse by working out, hitting it down at the gym and having fights with the holographs.

But soon enough, he found himself walking down to sickbay, straightening up his uniform for his appointment.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 26, 2018, 03:12:10 AM

[Sickbay]

T'Ra walked into sickbay, infant in arm. "Where do you think you're goin, Miss Jaeger?" she asked, her tone level, though she was sure the flight officer knew her well enough by now to know it was just a joke. "Little T'Lana is due for a check-up," she added, to explain her presence. Evan could have just as easily done it himself back in the privacy of their personal quarters, but as she was still getting to know the crew, T'Ra was glad for another excuse to visit sickbay.

Something caught her attention: a yellow shirt sitting there but not seeming to be in line to be seen. No. She was actually jotting down information as each person left. "Would you mind holding her a minute?" T'Ra asked Jaeger, motioning to the little one.

[Medbay]
Ardy grinned at T'Ra, the ire from her face vanishing as she noted her friend . "No problem , T'Ra. I was just heading over to 10- Forward, maybe get myself a drink. But hey, it's Friday, so I've got time." She said, taking the baby from T'Ra's arms. Little T'Lana cooed as she was handed over to Ardy. Ever since Steve fell in love with that baby, and now would hardly let her out of his sight, Ardy had made herself the unofficial aunt of the kid, much to the dismay of Dr. Buehler. "So, What have you been up to?"

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.