A Columbus Celebration (Open)

Started by Leanna Mazal, January 15, 2018, 09:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Derek Black on January 24, 2018, 02:04:07 PM

[Puzzles]

"A remarkable skill." Derek proffered, raised his glass as a silent toast. "I reckon you're a lady with many knacks." He teased playfully, toeing the line between friendly and flirtatious. God, has it been that long? he thought to himself, bemused at his own comments. Leaning against the bar and observing the festivities, he noted the work which had been done since the last incidences over their holiday break. "You've certainly been busy redecorating. It looks good; bright, open, welcoming. All your own design?"

Leanna noticed both Jenna and Molly arrive and how they made a beeline straight for the band no doubt to sort out the set list for later as they had agreed. However would make sure she spoke to them at some point as her attention returned fully to Derek as he spoke playfully, liking how he was toeing the line between friendly and flirty.

Smiling as she picked up on his thoughts and well had no problem continuing with the flirting. " thank you and your right I am a lady with many knacks " she replied just as playfully. Then when he leaned against the bar and observed what she had done to the bar before asking if it was all her own design, she grinned and leaned a little closer to him. " It was my own design and I'm glad you like it as its just what I imagined for the new start".

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: T'Prina on January 19, 2018, 04:36:02 PM

[Puzzles]

T'Prina raised her eyebrows and took a sip of her drink, before patting the small AI on the top of her head. That was another story she'd rather not think too much about. And another person who had left.

"I believe that is a tale best saved for another time, little one. We should be focusing on the achievements of Admiral Adeyemi, and our Captain Tritter. Please, allow me to extend my sincere congratulations to you both, gentlemen. Although we are losing the Admiral, I am confident the Starbase will fare quite well in Captain Tritter's hands." She flushed faintly greenish at the tips of her ears, thankfully hidden by her spill of thick dark hair. It felt too much like public speaking for her comfort, and she was unused to doling out praise and accolades. With a very studious look at her beverage, she wondered if it were too soon to make a polite exit.

[Puzzles]

"I go where I'm assigned," Adeyemi countered roughly, but his heart wasn't in it. He was going to miss this place, as little as he would like to admit it.

"I still don't see why I can't go," Analyn said, with none of her former ire. Instead, the little girl was looking up at him, her big eyes wet and quivering. "Who is going to read books with me?"

The innocence and simple sadness in her voice and expression threw Adeyemi for a moment. He covered it with a sip of beer, blinking rapidly.

"I am sure Lieutenant T'Prina would enjoy those activities. In fact, I am glad you brought it up, little one." The admiral said. "Can you give Mama Pwina and I a moment to talk?"

Luckily, a party game was taking place on the other end of Puzzles: musical chairs. Analyn wiped her eyes, sniffed, and hurried over to the laughing and talking group of officers who were setting things up. Commander Daorn spotted the little girl a long way off and knelt to greet her. The little girl gave him a brief hug, took his hairy Tellarite hand, and sat in a chair.

He turned to face the Vulcan more squarely. "Would you consider taking my place as Analyn's guardian?"

He put his now empty pint glass down on a table and extracted a PADD from his civilian jacket.

"Starfleet has finally taken an official interest in Analyn's development." He told T'Prina. "This is a letter from Admiral Wolff at Starfleet Command. Through a great deal of diplomatic maneuvering, I have managed to obtain an agreement from Starfleet. Analyn is the official...property of the Starbase Columbus. It's only temporary as they conduct more research into the moral and technological implications of Analyn, but for now she must have a caretaker."

The entire agreement angered him, and it showed. His nostrils flared and he had to recover for a moment. It was not at all due to the alcohol he had drank. Starfleet's cold usage of terms like property when it came to Analyn had driven him to a righteous fury. But he had wisely not spoken up. It was a temporary arrangement, but that could work in their favor, too.

"One day Starfleet is going to make a decision regarding Analyn, but that will not be today. When they do, I need you at her side, Lieutenant. She needs you."

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Puzzles]

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on January 21, 2018, 01:22:12 AM

Kyan nodded eagerly. "I know it was. Spent some toime tryin tae get it. Had tae barter with some Ferengi trader, but I've a good relationship with that sort ye see." Kyan indicated the dagger. "But it's a real life dagger from yer home country on Earth it is. Soldiers from there used it in World War II. Oi figured it'd be proper tribute for ye on account of you becoming the Station Commander an all... an yer own history in security."

Kyan peered up at the assembled group. "So where's the Scotch aye? If it's a party we're havin!"

Tritter nodded slightly to the Security Chief, he took a moment and than replied "Thank you Lieutenant, it is appreciated. I will make sure to find a place for it in my office" It was a bit eerie to him, as they almost knew him too well. He than heard the Admiral speak, he turned his focus to the Admiral.
Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on January 19, 2018, 03:09:53 PM

[Puzzles]

Quite a crowd had gathered. He nodded to Captain Tritter and Commander Knox in turn. Adeyemi felt a bit more at ease. As much as he was a solitary man, these people had been a part of his crew. This was the very last time he would have to attend such a mandatory party. And the beer wasn't hurting.

"We all fought together on that field of battle, little one," Adeyemi told Analyn, who looked entranced by the tale. "Captain Tritter here had quite a few fights during his time on the Columbus. I wonder if he'll be able to tone down his violent tendencies now that he is commanding officer."

The bit of teasing was out of character for him, but the admiral was visibly relaxing. Perhaps this wasn't so bad. He would return to the station as a guest soon enough. In the meantime he had more adventures to have.

"Lieutenant T'Prina saved my life that day. Quite a few of us saved the lives of another." He told Analyn and the group. "It was one of our very first missions together. It was not ideal, to say the least."

Adeyemi was leaving much unsaid. A boring, routine mission would not have formed such a bond among the crew. He wouldn't have faced off with the Xa'zii again for all the whiskey in Ireland, and he wished that particular mission had not resulted in bloodshed. But it had served to bring them closer together.

"Mama Pwina! Tell us about when you blew up the labby-tory on the planet!" Analyn was asking the Vulcan woman, eyes excited and little feet kicking.

He had pondered over the comment, he knew that they were slightly inebriated and that they were becoming less inhibited. Tritter found the Admiral's comment slightly curious, but he didn't say anything right away, anyways. He needed a moment to come up with a reply, he than added, "Perhaps, but the safety and security of the crew, their families and our station is something I take very seriously" His heavily accented voice was laden with an unusual seriousness, his gaze was laser focused on the Admiral for a few seconds. He didn't quite pick up on their teasing, but he was a bit... anxious at this point mentally, as he had a lot of thoughts on his mind, due to the upcoming promotion.

He than noticed Ayedemi had returned to focus on T'Prina and the young AI. He had started to feel like a giraffe at a penguin party. He scanned the area for his Husband, he was looking for them, as he wanted to spend more time with them, as he hadn't had much time with them and he had missed them terribly. He found where they were, talking with a few people. He made his way over towards them, he snuck up behind them, as best as a seven foot tall man could, he than wrapped his left arm around his Husband's waist, he than gave them a quick kiss on the forehead and than greeted those his Husband had been talking to. Ryan chuckled a bit and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He than proceeded to join in on the small talk that they were making, there was no place he'd rather be than with his Husband, as they had missed each-other terribly.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Xander Dorset

[Personal Quarters]

Xander yawned and stretched as he lifted his face off his bed just far enough to rub at his eyes. He ungracefully rolled over and checked the time - apparently he had fallen asleep for three hours. A brief moment of panic caused him to scramble upright as he realized he was late for his shift - which was quickly replaced by a glorious wave of relief as he realized he had the day off. He had just sprawled across his bed earlier to do some reading when he drifted off. Speaking of... Where'd that PADD bugger off to?

A quick shuffle through the fabric found the sleek instrument, which he promptly tossed onto his bedside table. Since he didn't have to be anywhere, he was fully intending to continue his nap for another hour or two. Xander slipped out of his pants and started to shrug off his jacket, but paused before sliding his shirt over his head. After some sort of internal struggle between "I should check - just in case" and "I really don't give a shit about anything that isn't sleep" Xander sighed and turned on his PADD to check for messages.

There was only one. From T'Prina. Reminding him about some party he was supposed to attend. A party that started thirty minutes ago.

"UUUGGGGHHHH." Xander flopped backwards onto the bed and bemoaned the prospect of putting pants back on and... peopling. At least there'll be booze. Worst case scenario, I get in, get a drink, and abort the mission within a few minutes. How bad can it be? With his mental pep-talk finished, Xander looked around his quarters for some suitable clothes. His shirt from earlier was clean enough - and his leather jacket spiffed it up a bit. The kilt made it "formalwear," with the added bonus of eliminating the need to find a non-wrinkly pair of dress pants.

Within minutes, he had changed and run his fingers haphazardly through his hair. A quick glance in the mirror deemed him relatively acceptable.

[Puzzles]

Xander slipped relatively unnoticed into the room. He was substantially under-dressed compared to everyone else, but he didn't seem to notice. He slipped through the crowd, skillfully avoiding attempts at conversation that would inevitably end in small talk, and eventually made his way over to the bar. He hopped up a little and leaned precariously over the bar top to snag a glass, then helped himself to one of the beer taps.

Once his mug was full pleasantly full of dark liquid, Xander sauntered away from the bar again before one of the staff could reprimand him for climbing on the counter. He settled against a wall on the outskirts of the crowd and settled back to people watch - vaguely keeping his eyes open for a familiar Vulcan.

"Impossible is nothing

T'Prina

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on January 24, 2018, 02:55:33 PM

[Puzzles]

"I go where I'm assigned," Adeyemi countered roughly, but his heart wasn't in it. He was going to miss this place, as little as he would like to admit it.

"I still don't see why I can't go," Analyn said, with none of her former ire. Instead, the little girl was looking up at him, her big eyes wet and quivering. "Who is going to read books with me?"

The innocence and simple sadness in her voice and expression threw Adeyemi for a moment. He covered it with a sip of beer, blinking rapidly.

"I am sure Lieutenant T'Prina would enjoy those activities. In fact, I am glad you brought it up, little one." The admiral said. "Can you give Mama Pwina and I a moment to talk?"

Luckily, a party game was taking place on the other end of Puzzles: musical chairs. Analyn wiped her eyes, sniffed, and hurried over to the laughing and talking group of officers who were setting things up. Commander Daorn spotted the little girl a long way off and knelt to greet her. The little girl gave him a brief hug, took his hairy Tellarite hand, and sat in a chair.

He turned to face the Vulcan more squarely. "Would you consider taking my place as Analyn's guardian?"

He put his now empty pint glass down on a table and extracted a PADD from his civilian jacket.

"Starfleet has finally taken an official interest in Analyn's development." He told T'Prina. "This is a letter from Admiral Wolff at Starfleet Command. Through a great deal of diplomatic maneuvering, I have managed to obtain an agreement from Starfleet. Analyn is the official...property of the Starbase Columbus. It's only temporary as they conduct more research into the moral and technological implications of Analyn, but for now she must have a caretaker."

The entire agreement angered him, and it showed. His nostrils flared and he had to recover for a moment. It was not at all due to the alcohol he had drank. Starfleet's cold usage of terms like property when it came to Analyn had driven him to a righteous fury. But he had wisely not spoken up. It was a temporary arrangement, but that could work in their favor, too.

"One day Starfleet is going to make a decision regarding Analyn, but that will not be today. When they do, I need you at her side, Lieutenant. She needs you."

[Puzzles]

T'Prina slightly nudged her nearly empty glass with a long tapered fingertip, before answering Adeyemi with an arched eyebrow.

"If you had not noticed, I already assumed that position. In her childish way, she sees the pair of us as her parents. Of course, I am certain that her knowledge of your Earth wrestling sport will somewhat falter with your absence." The corners of her mouth twitched slightly, the closest the Vulcan ever really got to a smile. However, it was short lived, as she considered the gravity of the situation.

"I will take my duty as her caretaker with all seriousness, Admiral. As illogical as it may be, I see ANaLYN as an entirely sentient being. I know she is an artificial construct, but I saw into her mind. It surpasses most humanoid intellect."

She leaned in closer to Adeyemi, uncomfortably intimate, but she wanted her next words to remain private. "I would rather this stay between us, but... I have a theory that ANaLYN is choosing to have this, childhood. I am not entirely sure of the reasoning behind it, but I do know she is capable of very mature and rational speech and behavior." T'Prina sat back after her revelation and looked over at the A.I. in question who was currently giggling and hopping between chairs.

"Vulcans believe in Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. ANaLYN is very unique, and her existence is to be protected. On that, you have my word, Malcolm Adeyemi."

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on January 23, 2018, 07:52:25 PM

[ Puzzles ]

They made their way to the stage as the band was in between numbers and then they worked out their plan. Before anyone could see them mingling, they made their way to the bar to get some refreshments. With the set list set, it was only a matter of time before Jenna's best laid plan to be put into action. They then noticed T'Prina looking like she may have wanted an out for her current conversation. Jenna then walked over toward her. "Hey T'Prina, Molly and I could use your help with a little surprise we cooked up for the party. Can you take a minute a come help us?" Jenna asked T'Prina via a whisper.

The Science Officer responded with only a nod. As Jenna returned to the stage area, T'Prina made her goodbye to Adeyemi. She was uncertain if she would have the opportunity to speak with him privately again.

"If you would excuse me, Admiral. I have matters to attend to. I wish you well in your future endeavors, and that our paths may cross again in the future. Live long and prosper, Malcolm." She held her hand up in the typical Vulcan salute. The words felt somewhat alien on her tongue, it had been a while since she had used the platitudes of her race. Perhaps living among humans and so many others had caused her to drift from her roots. Still, it felt proper and right to part from Adeyemi in this manner. She made her way backstage.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Jenna McKinson

[Puzzles - Backstage]

Jenna waited for T'Prina to follow her over toward the backstage area. Her surprise would have to be perfect. The band not only needed to have someone watch carefully over the holoprogram, but also help on the stage. She knew of T'Prina's abilities and approached her earlier about the possibility of joining her onstage. She could think of no one better for the job to help her out. She hummed bit and buzzed her lips. She was preparing for her vocal warm ups. Molly had been preparing everything with the members of the newly formed band. This would be their first performance under the new name. "Thank you so much again for agreeing to help. I think this would be a perfect gift for both the new Captain and the Admiral. I hope you will be ready on my signal,"Jenna stated to T'Prina.

The Vulcan nodded sagely, secretly pleased to be a part of the young musician's endeavor. Music was a somewhat secret hobby of hers, not one she generally advertised or shared with others. However, on this one occasion she would go along with Jenna's plan.

"I assume you have already made all the necessary preparations in accordance with our rehearsals. However, I would also like to play a composition of my own choosing. I realize this was not planned, and if it inconveniences you, I will not do this." She added the last quickly, as though slightly embarrassed.

Jenna's grin was as wide as when Molly was finally awake and safe. Though this was the first performance under the new band name, she was happy to let anyone get the spotlight. She gave T'Prina a hug and thought she knew the lovely Vulcan hated contact, she didn't seem to mind when Jenna forced her hugs on her.  "Of course! What did you have in mind? You know the set," Jenna asked.

It took a great deal of effort, but T'Prina did not jerk back away from the close contact. She was getting used to the hugs the young engineer was prone to giving. "Do you recall the song I played as warm up during our last practice? It is called Room of Angel and by an Earth composer. I find it conveys not only a sense of loss but also closure. There are lyrics but I do not find them suitable."

Jenna thought for a moment on where to fit the song in. It was only briefly that she seemed stumped before she pulled over the guys to talk about where to add it in the set. "How about after Looking For Heaven? As an interlude before the final two songs," Molly suggested.

"That's perfect! You read my mind," Jenna said. Molly beamed before turning to T'Prina. "You remember my signals right?"" The Vulcan waved her hand in a fluttering dismissive gesture, considering the question redundant. They had already practiced enough that she felt confident with the proceedings, even with the new addition.

[Puzzles - Stage]

A few moments later the lights began to dim a bit as to signal a new band coming on stage. There was a piece of fabric that covered the stage and everything was getting set behind the scenes. Jenna nodded to everyone to get set to be ready on her signal. It was then Jeremy, a new staffer for Puzzles walked onto the stage. "Ladies and gentlemen," He began. "We have something very special tonight. We have a new band we are adding into our normal rotation. They have prepared a special set for you all tonight. So please welcome to the stage Jenna McKinson and The Wondrous Wonderbrites.

It was only a few seconds later that the lights fully dimmed and the first few notes of Book Of Love began to play. "(Whoa, whoa, it's out of our control
Whoa, whoa, so give into the chemical)
Your last hope it echoes
Screamin' whoa, oh
But come down, the first blow
It sounds like whoa, oh

It can't be black and white
We're on the other side tonight
We break free, we break free
From pain, your pride
And look into my eyes
A love overdue

The large banner that hid the band was showing them in shadow and the lights flashed as they appeared on stage. They were shrouded in mystery until the first chorus blasted out like a cannon. The band stood proud on stage as cannons of glitter blasted on either side of the stage. As soon as the glitter appeared they disappeared. A large banner showed the band's name at the back of the stage as the drummer was playing. In the middle of the stage sat a large piano. On one side of the drummer stood T'Prina on a raised platform as she took over the large set of electric keyboards around her. On the other side of the drummer was Molly who was head banging as she played her bass. Jeremy took the stage near Jenna as he played the lead guitar.

"Burn our names under the stars
And we'll live until the sky gives up
Watch our flame light up the dark
They won't find us in the book of love

As Jenna sang this, the glitter burst into tiny flames before disappearing. Jenna moved in beat with the music and seemed fluid as she sang. She worked the stage her confidence beaming despite wearing her black suit. She played up the cleavage a bit more for the stage, but her suit was still modest. Her makeup was darker than when she came in suggesting she put on an appearance for the stage.

She was electric and moved like she had some demons to expel. She wanted to put on a good show for the crowd and give amazing reason to the evening. Each time "Burn our names under the stars" was sang The cannons shot out glitter that burned. At the end of the song, the band played a few extra bars as Jenna head banged and as the song ended, Jenna's smirk was wild and free.

"Well Good evening everybody. We are here for a very special celebration. A passing of the torch if you will, but we will get to that. This next song I would like to dedicate this next song to our wonderful new captain to be and his lovely Husband. I would also like to dedicate it to the best girlfriend in the world Molly who is back there being a badass on the bass," Jenna said pointing to Molly who waved. "It's also dedicated to all those who have someone to love. So If you are here with your lover let's have a dance together shall we?

As the first notes of For You Molly came down to stand next to Jenna for the song.
"For you, I'm not afraid to make mistakes
And you have never asked me once to change
Whenever I'm in doubt, you put the fire out

And we, we never need to compromise
But if we ever did, I'd take your side
I'm not all that great at love, but I do my best because

The lighting on the stage was minimal, but matched the mood, but as the chorus busted out, it seemed the stage was flooded in waves of purple, pink, and blue. It flowed gracefully with the song and it seemed like Jenna was singing not only to Molly, but to everyone. The two swayed together in time with the music and Jenna worked the stage a bit more to start to include more of the band.

"For you, I would breathe underwater
And for you, I would fly without wings
And for you, I would run like the sun chases the moon
'Cause everything I do is all for you

For you, I have nothing left to ask
'Cause you have always been my better half
If love is the reason we're alive, you are my only air supply

As the second chorus, when underwater was spoken the band looked like it was underwater. When fly without wings was sang, the band looked like it was in the sky. The visuals of the stage matched the show and Jenna was glad to have T'Prina helping her set things perfectly.

"If your love could take me higher
I don't mind if I do
'Cause your eyes are wildfire
That I'll learn to run right through
And the tides will surely rise up
And I'll just look at you
I don't mind if I do

As the bridge came in, Jenna came up to the microphone with her acoustic guitar to take care of the interlude. The band came together for the final chorus and the visuals only got better as time went along to match the song. The song ended with the band bathed in light and symbolizing love. The lights dimmed for a moment and then only showed Jenna as she smiled widely.

"So tonight we are celebrating so much. For the wonderful Admiral, it's moving up in the grand world of the fleet and the passing of the torch to our wonderful new captain. Admiral you may be headed on, but here we will keep the flames you started Burning On," As Jenna started the final words the lights dimmed.

The first notes of Burning On began to play. When the full band came in to play the lights came back up and the band seemed darker almost as if they were covered in ash. Jenna was acting like she was in her own world until she started to sing.

" What's enough for you is not for me
You want to fall in love but not too deep
Well I can't stand it

Don't look away, I want you to stay
All that you need is to stand in the fire
And bow to your rage, tear down the gate
Show your fears and desires to me

As the chorus began, a small flame began to encircle the band. It was blue, but not hot to the party goers. It let of some heat, but not enough for it to really make anyone sweat. Jenna danced along to the music and every time "burning" was spokes, the flames seemed to get much more wild.

"And just keep burning on
It's a lot like breathing (a lot like breathing)
And just keep burning on
'Til you're addicted to feeling (addicted to feeling)
We just keep burning it, burning it, burning it on, on, on
Burning it, burning it on
Burning on so you can love like you mean it
(Love like you mean it)

Jenna's smile became a smirk and she nodded to the members of the band behind her when she turned her back for a moment. Everything was going according to plan. "remember to touch the fire"She mouthed. Ruben gave a wink as well as Molly.

"You have spent your life avoiding pain
But beauty lies in that which is not safe
Can't you feel it?X

Just look at me, I said look at me
I want you to see how I feel when I'm aching
And desperate to breathe, you'll do anything
When you know you're alive, you are free

As Jenna said "Look At Me" she put her hand into the blue fire and it ignited her outfit. She was bathed in blue flames for the entirety of the next chorus and when it finished, her look which was very dark, was not completely white and she looked angelic.

"And if you wanna see the brightest colors
And if you wanna live your wildest dreams
I can tell you it's real
'Cause it happened to me
I just keep burning on and on, yeah

When colors were mentioned, there was a kaleidoscope of different colours that bathed the stage that intermixed with the flames and they intensified until the final chords of the song. After the lights dimmed once again, A single spotlight shone on Jenna as she sat at an all too familiar piano. She was the only one on the stage.

"I hope everyone has been having a good evening so far. It's been really fun to come up and play for you. We have a few more songs for you, but I wanted to take a moment to thank Malcolm. Yes you may be going on to better things, but you accepted me here after my rocky time coming back to the fleet. I am eternally grateful and glad we were able to have a prayer session for Molly when she was recovering. This song is dedicated to you. Wherever your travels take you, I pray that you are safe and happy," Jenna said as she placed her hands on the piano.

She played the opening chords to the song Looking For Heaven. She seemed in her own world alone up on the stage. Her newly made angelic outfit contrasted with the piano and made her stand out more.

"Wait, don't rush
All is beautiful
Mistakes are love in practice

Life gives you one journey to now
So I just make it up as I go

My eyes roll back inside my head
I bet you wonder what I see up there
Envision a place where I feel like I am
When I came back to, I said, I've been looking for heaven
I've been looking for heaven

Jenna found herself getting lost in the song. She looked at the crowd for a moment, but only focused on the person the song was being dedicated to. She pushed away all her demons for a moment. Sure she burned them off a bit, but soon she would expel many of them a few songs later. T'Prina backstage provided the wonderful backing vocals to mix with Jenna's. Jenna mustered up all her strength to belt out the high notes like she did in practice earlier in the week.

"My eyes roll back inside my head
I bet you wonder what I see up there
Envision a place where I feel like I am
When I came back to, I said, I've been looking for heaven
Looking for heaven

Jenna sat for a moment alone on the stage. She continued to be bathed in the warmth of the spotlight. She lingered to allow the crowd and herself to be in the moment before the light slowly faded.

T'Prina silently took her place at the piano. She did not need any sort of sheet music, such was her memory. Abruptly the spotlight shone down upon her small seated form and she began to play, without preamble. Her slender fingers danced rhythmically across the keys, mesmerizing, and her body moved with the music. As usual, her face was flat and expressionless, but the look in her green eyes was lost and far away. The music was surprisingly emotional and unexpected given the source. As she played the last lingering notes, the spotlight went dark and she exited the stage, more than willing to allow Jenna all the attention once more.

After T'Prina finished her song there was a bit of silence and no one was on stage. Someone in the party began to politely chant "One More Song". Ruben, was on on the drums, began to beat along with the chant. When Jenna popped back out she smiled. "Thanks for sticking around yeah? We have two more for you. Before we do I need to introduce you to all the amazing people who have been helping make this entire set amazing! Way in the back, who has  been banging on those amazing drums... give it up for Ruben!" Jenna said and when she said his name he beat on his drums for effect. Jenna moved over to Molly. "On the Bass guitar, slapping and being the backbone of the entire band...Give it up for Molly." Molly then played her bass super fast when her name was called. She then walked over to Jeremy who was smiling widely. "On the amazingly awesome Gibson Les Paul playing sick licks for you we have Jeremy," As Jenna said this Jeremy played a quick solo. Jenna then walked back toward T'Prina. "Finally, last but not least, our secret weapon on the keys we have T'Prina!" Jenna said.

Jenna then walked to the front of the stage where her custom microphone stand was. "We have a very special guest on this next song. This one goes way back. Before I even joined the academy. The amazing dude who sings with me could not be here in person tonight, but he agreed to be here in hologram form. So when you see an amazing dude pop up mid song give it up for the wonderful Mitchell. So we would like to be the gatekeepers and welcome you to My Underworld," After Jenna stopped speaking, the lights dimmed.

As the first few chords of the song played, the atmosphere changed on the stage. Jenna was still pure white, but she seemed out of place. She still seemed ethereal, but something was definitely off.

"What do you ache for
I ache for wonder
Still I wait til that place calls
To take me under

But I beg for your mercy, fear it's safer here than below
As I'm losing control I steer my ship into the unknown.
Now we sail into deep blue storm clouds
Overhead now, strangely I feel at peace as I dive into
My underworld, world
I dive into my underworld, world

As the chorus began, there was a shift. The band seemed to be in the clouds, but as soon as Jenna stated "dive into" the clouds quickly changed and it looked like the entire stager was plummeting at breakneck speed. As man then appeared next to Jenna and he began to sing.

"Down in these depths I'm adding up the numbers
Of all I've suffered in past lives, tied down in the darkness
Finally I begin to learn what I've returned tonight
Time has come to begin again, leave something else behind

Now we sail into deep blue storm clouds
Overhead now, strangely I feel at peace as I dive into
My underworld, world
I dive into my underworld, world

I remember I know this place(I know this place)
So why separate(why separate) the light from dark?
You can't have two without one
We try
(one we try),
but we can't deny(we can't deny)
What's of the heart

This is where I shed the skin of old beliefs
And I surface as a better me

Spring blooms(Spring Blooms) after(after) depths of(depths of) winter

So I release and retrieve my courage from my
sleeve

So these deep blue(deep blue) storm clouds
Hold my(Hold my)head now, strangely I feel at peace

The two sang the last chorus together and it was like magic. The visuals on the stage matched perfectly to the song being played. When the song was over Mitchel gave a bow before disappearing. "Everyone give it up for Mitchell! We are sad to say this is our last song for the evening. I know I know this is sad, but we will be back to play again. Just check the lineup to see when we play next. Jeremy is gonna start us off on this one, but until next time please be kind to yourself. Be sure you aren't just Waiting For The End" As Jenna spoke the name of the songs the lights dimmed one last time.

When the lights dimmed, Jeremy began to play the first notes of the song and T'prina soon joined in. The lights stayed dim to reflect the beginning of the song and the band could barely be seen. Jenna began to sing and the lights came back up after.

"I suppress beads of sweat
In the heat of the moment
Feel my pulse rising up
I begin losing focus
'Cause you can't back down
When I tell you how it is
And always will be
And I won't stop now
For the sake of doubt
That does not belong to me
Here I am
I'm proud to stand
For more than living scared to death
And even if I fall
I'll prove you wrong
'Cause I am not afraid to live
I'm not just waiting for the end
'Cause we were born for more than this
I'm not just waiting for the end
Don't care if we're different
I'm not just waiting for the end.

During the chorus, the pyro was kicked up and Jenna sang to the crowd a bit more. She moved like fluid and it seemed she was at her best during the song. She wanted to build on the energy of the night and really bring the house for the finale. The energy stopped before Jenna sang verse two with a smirk.

"I suppose it's not your fault
You're just like everyone else
Set of rules and demands
How could there be anything else?
Until you stand there and say
That you dedicated your whole
Damn life to one thing
I won't be taking on
What you're loading off
Is the reason to fight for something.

As Jenna sang the chorus, a large drum appeared next to her and she smiled as she placed the mic near it so she could sing and play. During the bridge she beat on the large drum with the large drumsticks to the beat of the song. The fire was really played up and the noise was played up too.

"Wake up, sleeping soul
Wake up, sleeping soul
Wake up, sleeping soul
Wake up, wake up, wake
Wake up, sleeping soul
Wake up, sleeping soul
Wake up, sleeping soul
Wake up, wake up, wake

As Jenna sang the last verse, she seemed to be raising up like she was flying as so was the band. The stage began to turn into a bunch of clouds and they seemed larger than ever. After the final chorus was sang, the band began to rock out and extend the finale of the song for a few more bars. The song finally ended and the lights dimmed one last time. When the lights came up, everyone in the band came together at the middle of the stage to bow together and wave to everyone.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Puzzles]

Triter had been focused on making small talk with a few friends and his Husband, he than noticed the lights and music start to change. He than shifted his focus towards where it originated, his Husband did the same. It made both men a bit edgy at first, but they realized it was harmless. The two men simply listened to the lyrics, they seemed oddly comfortable just relaxing, they were making small talk between them. Once Tritter heard the comment about the next song being dedicated to him and Ryan, he shifted his focus towards his Husband but listened carefully for a few moments. He than reached out with his right and instinctively, Ryan took it. Tritter than smiled slightly and said "Come with me honey"

Tritter than led Ryan to the dance floor, he proceeded to pull the other man close to him, he than wrapped his right hand around the man's waist, he than put his left hand between their shoulder blades. Ryan in turn put both hands on their shoulder blades. The two men were only a few inches apart. They seemed to simply enjoy the close time slow dancing together, they made small talk with each other as they danced. They had made their way through many hardships throughout their relationship and now, it was just time for the two of them to be together. Ryan was the only person other than his two kids that could bring a smile to his face.

He finally felt at peace and as if his life was finally whole once again. There was nothing more important to him than his family, and he would defend them to the end. He nudged his head into the side of his Husbands, he felt comfortable and relaxed with him. Ryan nudged back into him, both men seemed at peace. It was as if they finally got a chance to permanently be together and it was if the weight of the world was finally off of their shoulders.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles]

As the lights around the stage dimmed and the introduction was made, Leanna couldn't help but smile as she realised what was about to happen and had been looking forward to hearing Jenna's band that she had put together especially for the party. Leanna had even offered them the room to practise and Reuben from the house band and only caught little titbits knowing that Jenna wanted to keep most of the set etc secret until the performance.

She certainly hadn't disappointed and neither had those joining her including T'Prina and watched them enjoying the atmosphere it had created and the songs they had picked. Turning to Derek she grinned once more before making a suggestion especially after seeing the Tritters get up to dance and how perfect they looked together.

" Could I tempt you into joining me for a spot of dancing ?" she asked as she moved round to where he was sitting.

Derek Black

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on January 30, 2018, 11:51:01 AM

[Puzzles]

As the lights around the stage dimmed and the introduction was made, Leanna couldn't help but smile as she realised what was about to happen and had been looking forward to hearing Jenna's band that she had put together especially for the party. Leanna had even offered them the room to practise and Reuben from the house band and only caught little titbits knowing that Jenna wanted to keep most of the set etc secret until the performance.

She certainly hadn't disappointed and neither had those joining her including T'Prina and watched them enjoying the atmosphere it had created and the songs they had picked. Turning to Derek she grinned once more before making a suggestion especially after seeing the Tritters get up to dance and how perfect they looked together.

" Could I tempt you into joining me for a spot of dancing ?" she asked as she moved round to where he was sitting.

[Puzzles]

Derek leant against the bar, his foot resting comfortably against the step rail and tapping to the tempo. He was pleasantly gratified to see Jenna and Molly both appearing well, the latter having recovered without any apparent long-term concerns. She still had months of follow-up for reassessments, but things were looking positive. To his surprise, T'Prina was also on stage, something he wouldn't have put latinum down upon. That being said, she also didn't seem like most other Vulcans in her mannerism or the way she treated Adeyemi's AI daughter.

Glancing over as Leanna came around the bar, Derek smiled, setting his glass down. Onto a coaster, of course, he wasn't a barbarian. "I'll warn you, I'm fairly rusty." He commented, a teasing smile lingering while he offered his hand to lead her onto the dance floor. "But how could anyone say no to you?"

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Derek Black on January 31, 2018, 03:11:21 PM

[Puzzles]

Derek leant against the bar, his foot resting comfortably against the step rail and tapping to the tempo. He was pleasantly gratified to see Jenna and Molly both appearing well, the latter having recovered without any apparent long-term concerns. She still had months of follow-up for reassessments, but things were looking positive. To his surprise, T'Prina was also on stage, something he wouldn't have put latinum down upon. That being said, she also didn't seem like most other Vulcans in her mannerism or the way she treated Adeyemi's AI daughter.

Glancing over as Leanna came around the bar, Derek smiled, setting his glass down. Onto a coaster, of course, he wasn't a barbarian. "I'll warn you, I'm fairly rusty." He commented, a teasing smile lingering while he offered his hand to lead her onto the dance floor. "But how could anyone say no to you?"

[Puzzles]

Leanna wasn't sure how Derek would react to her request especially as he was enjoying the performance until he glanced at her as she moved round to face him and smiled. When he then spoke to her, noting that he was still being flirty made her grin and it would be interesting to see how the night continued. Placing her delicate hand in his as she then answered him.

" I'm sure you have some great moves Derek " she replied playfully " As for you not being able to say no to me well its good to know that I still have that effect ".

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Puzzles]

Adeyemi nodded pleasantly while the Vulcan spoke. Her reaction was what he expected. But it still pleased him nonetheless.

"I have no doubt you'll continue to fill the role admirably, lieutenant." He said in his accented voice.

Just then, the band started up and began to play. Throughout the song Adeyemi appeared more and more uncomfortable. When the singing took over, his eyes flicked over to T'Prina, silently begging. And then to Analyn, who for all the times to choose to do so was sitting quietly and reading a PADD. Adeyemi wished she would throw some food, scream, cry, try to climb into his lap, anything to get him out of this moment. She did nothing. It appeared he did not possess a telepathic link to the station's Artificial Intelligence. The moment stretched out forever, each second more awkward than the last.

A few people clapped quietly and stood. Adeyemi was already standing. He put his empty pint glass onto the bar, gestured at Seamus urgently for a refill. But the Irishman was chatting up a giggling, scantily clad Andorian female at the end of the bar. He paid no one else any mind.

"I...thank you." His own voice sounded stupid and faint in his ears. He could feel the heat rushing to his face. The intimacy of the moment was too much; he felt his stomach churning and his vision swimming as he fought to keep his face neutral.

Xander Dorset

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on February 01, 2018, 03:03:06 PM

[Puzzles]

Adeyemi nodded pleasantly while the Vulcan spoke. Her reaction was what he expected. But it still pleased him nonetheless.

"I have no doubt you'll continue to fill the role admirably, lieutenant." He said in his accented voice.

Just then, the band started up and began to play. Throughout the song Adeyemi appeared more and more uncomfortable. When the singing took over, his eyes flicked over to T'Prina, silently begging. And then to Analyn, who for all the times to choose to do so was sitting quietly and reading a PADD. Adeyemi wished she would throw some food, scream, cry, try to climb into his lap, anything to get him out of this moment. She did nothing. It appeared he did not possess a telepathic link to the station's Artificial Intelligence. The moment stretched out forever, each second more awkward than the last.

A few people clapped quietly and stood. Adeyemi was already standing. He put his empty pint glass onto the bar, gestured at Seamus urgently for a refill. But the Irishman was chatting up a giggling, scantily clad Andorian female at the end of the bar. He paid no one else any mind.

"I...thank you." His own voice sounded stupid and faint in his ears. He could feel the heat rushing to his face. The intimacy of the moment was too much; he felt his stomach churning and his vision swimming as he fought to keep his face neutral.

[Puzzles]

Xander noticed the Cap- er, Admiral over the rim of his nearly empty glass as the music started to wind down. The man was pretty good at looking uncomfortable, despite how sharp he managed to look in his suit. Xander pushed off the wall and downed the rest of his beer. Least I can do for the man is offer my congratulations and invaluable assistance in his time of need...

He started to weave his way through the crowd of people and eventually came up behind Adeyemi's left side. "Let me help you out with that, Admiral." Xander offered as he grabbed the man's glass and hopped up onto the bar in one smooth motion, leaning over to rather skillfully fill both of their glasses from the tap that the Admiral had been gesturing towards.

"Here you go. Why wait for the bar staff when you can do it yourself, eh? Congratulations on your promotion." Without saying anything else, Xander tapped his glass against the Admiral's with an amiable Á¢â,¬Ëœclink' and took a deep swig, leaning back against the bar. So far, the music and drinks had made up for the inconvenience of coming, so Xander was in an unusually pleasant mood.

"Impossible is nothing

Derek Black

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on January 31, 2018, 03:24:18 PM

[Puzzles]

Leanna wasn't sure how Derek would react to her request especially as he was enjoying the performance until he glanced at her as she moved round to face him and smiled. When he then spoke to her, noting that he was still being flirty made her grin and it would be interesting to see how the night continued. Placing her delicate hand in his as she then answered him.

" I'm sure you have some great moves Derek " she replied playfully " As for you not being able to say no to me well its good to know that I still have that effect ".

[Puzzles]

Leading her out onto the dance floor, Derek placed a light hand at the small of Leanna's back, instinctively taking the lead and guiding them smoothly around the dance floor. Were he a few decades younger, Derek may have even risked the flashier throws and twirls, but he was content with sticking with the comfortable. All in all, he reckoned it had been a pleasant time, and it finished regrettably soon.

"All good things must come to an end?" He queried with a slight smile, relieving a passing waitress of two champagne flutes and offering one to Leanna. "You're an excellent dancer, if I may be so bold to say."

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Derek Black on February 02, 2018, 03:40:07 PM

[Puzzles]

Leading her out onto the dance floor, Derek placed a light hand at the small of Leanna's back, instinctively taking the lead and guiding them smoothly around the dance floor. Were he a few decades younger, Derek may have even risked the flashier throws and twirls, but he was content with sticking with the comfortable. All in all, he reckoned it had been a pleasant time, and it finished regrettably soon.

"All good things must come to an end?" He queried with a slight smile, relieving a passing waitress of two champagne flutes and offering one to Leanna. "You're an excellent dancer, if I may be so bold to say."

[Puzzles]

As Derek led her out onto the dancefloor she noticed two things Seamus flirting with a cute Andorian girl which she didn't blame him for doing so as he deserved some fun although wished he had seen the Admiral approach. But what annoyed her slightly was the brash Ensign Dorset helping himself to a drink and refilling the Admiral's glass making a mental note to speak to him later and give him a warning as that kind of behaviour wouldn't be tolerated in her bar.

However that was soon forgotten when she felt Derek's hand on the small of her back , allowing him to take the lead as he guided them smoothly around the dance floor. Thinking how long it had been since she had danced like that and enjoyed every single minute of it. Slightly disappointed when the music came to an end as she could of stayed like that all night but when he spoke she smiled before accepting the flute of Champagne from him.

"Not if we don't want them too " she quipped back pausing to take a sip of the champagne as she thought about his next compliment. " Why thank you Derek, it was something I learned quite quickly as part of my old career".

Derek Black

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on February 02, 2018, 03:53:14 PM

[Puzzles]

As Derek led her out onto the dancefloor she noticed two things Seamus flirting with a cute Andorian girl which she didn't blame him for doing so as he deserved some fun although wished he had seen the Admiral approach. But what annoyed her slightly was the brash Ensign Dorset helping himself to a drink and refilling the Admiral's glass making a mental note to speak to him later and give him a warning as that kind of behaviour wouldn't be tolerated in her bar.

However that was soon forgotten when she felt Derek's hand on the small of her back , allowing him to take the lead as he guided them smoothly around the dance floor. Thinking how long it had been since she had danced like that and enjoyed every single minute of it. Slightly disappointed when the music came to an end as she could of stayed like that all night but when he spoke she smiled before accepting the flute of Champagne from him.

"Not if we don't want them too " she quipped back pausing to take a sip of the champagne as she thought about his next compliment. " Why thank you Derek, it was something I learned quite quickly as part of my old career".

[Puzzles]

Chuckling, Derek took a sip of his champagne. While the bubbly was much too sweet for his taste, it did leave a pleasant sensation of warmth. "True. It's been a long time since I've danced, or had the opportunity to do so with such a talented partner. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do before coming to Columbus?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.