Started by Kalro Zolarim, January 11, 2018, 03:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalro Zolarim

Kalro Zolarim
Character Details

Character Name: Kalro Zolarim
Character Age: 35
Character DOB:Decacycle One, Day Twelve, Year Nine-Thousand-and-One
Character Image: Using Alan Arkin as a base: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/28/3a/33/283a335d1cddab1f3362fdff5ef13651--celebrity-photographers-celebrity-portraits.jpg
Character Species: Zakdorn
Character Family:
Mother - Keva Kodachi Zolarim - Aged 70
Instructor of History at Pinnis University
Father - Tovar Zolarim Zolarim - Aged 81
Captain of Planetary Security - Zakdorn
Sister - Kova Zolarim Dokachis - Aged 40
First Officer of Independent Explorer

Character Bio: Kalro is the product of a sterile intellectual meeting an action-taker who was marinated in real-world grit.

His mother was a university professor teaching the History of Zakdorn conflicts at Pinnis University on Zakdorn.  His father was more of an action-man, rising through the ranks of Planetary Security.  The pair met during a criminal incident at Pinnis University involving a crazed student taking hostages.  Though no one would have matched them on paper, the chemistry between them was immediately apparent, proving that relationships were a more mysterious arena than anyone could truly understand.

After a whirlwind romance, the pair married and soon produced their first child.  Kalro's older sister, Kova, was a brilliant but independent-minded woman.  She always bristled against authority and sought to mark her place in the galaxy outside of societal norms.  She ended up as the first officer of an independent explorer working for a small surveying company, being unable to stomach the conformity demanded by any larger organization.

Kalro was a more obedient child, more comfortable with regimentation in life.  He did share his sister's craving for adventure, however, and it drove him to the stars as well.  For him, adventure and order could be found in equal measure in Starfleet.  Once he'd completed a basic university education at Pinnis, he applied.  Ever the clever youth, with a penchant for athleticism, he was proud to be accepted into the fleet on his first attempt.  Though his Zakdorn upbringing had taught him to be somewhat self sure (and self important) he soon delighted in the revelation that the galaxy was full of brilliant beings from every walk of life, and he learned to appreciate that even on the subject of tactics, Zakdorn could find their equals in other races.

Focusing on specializations as a Security and Tactical officer, Kalro also took an interest in Computer Operation and Intelligence analysis.  These later interests were further aroused by an attractive headhunter who reached out to him while he was still an academy cadet.  Having aptitudes in analytics as well as a taste for action, both data-related and physical roles suited him well.  Time would tell which roles he would ultimately settle into.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Decades of roleplaying, but recently my roleplaying as Solluk on the Tempest will be relevant.
Department Preference:Security/Tactical
Secondary Department Preference: Intelligence/Operations
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

Kalro smiled at Jillian when she brought up the game.  Sooner or later, someone always brought it up.  Zakdorn were known for only two things in the galaxy: Self-confidence (some might say arrogance), and strategy.  Few thought to challenge them in actual combat, so the game had become their expression of excellence to the rest of the Federation.

"Stratagema?"  He shrugged.  "The truth is, I never saw it the way most people did:  A hundred layers of moves, all planned in advance.  Each quadrant and each sector of the grid holding its own strategy for success.  A thousand individual plans and counter-plans all coalescing and distilling down to a single critical moment of victory."

He took a sip of his tea.  "That's how they teach it in school.  That's how most Zakdorn play it.  Kolrami was famous for it.  But... I've never been able to keep track of so many threads at once.  And I guess I never saw the point of it.  For me, it's not about specific plans, or swarms of individual tactics layered like a Vinfruit.  Rather, it's all about patterns.  If you understand the way the wind is blowing, or the way the river is flowing... you don't have to account for every molecule.  You can anticipate the flow, move with it, and strike more instinctively.  I'm no grand-master.  But I win my fair share.... and I do it my way."

Jillian seemed to appraise him for a long while before speaking again, "Oh, I agree with you about patterns.  In my line of work, understanding them is essential.  Tell me, Mr. Zolarim... have you ever considered a career with Starfleet Intelligence?"

And now he knew why this attractive and intelligent woman had spent so much time listening to him prattle on.  She was a recruiter... and she'd been evaluating him this whole time.

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet? This is an alternate character for Solluk's player to use in the Intelligence Featured Mission and beyond.

Kirok

Kalro,

A very nice application.

You will be our first Zakdorn!

I can put you in the Sec/Tac Department on the Shran!

Would that work?

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kalro Zolarim

That would be delightful, thank you.  :-)

Kirok

Quote from: Zolarim on January 11, 2018, 05:44:34 PM

That would be delightful, thank you.  :-)

Perfect.

Please report into James Hawke and Caelene Tam for duty.

Sincerely,

Kirok

PS - If you would like some help making your face pic look more Zakdorn, we could ask Naira to help out maybe!?!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Naira

Quote from: Kirok on January 11, 2018, 06:53:46 PM

PS - If you would like some help making your face pic look more Zakdorn, we could ask Naira to help out maybe!?!

I already beat you to it. I photoshoped it last night and PM'd it to him.

Kalro Zolarim

I was delighted to find the modified image in my mailbox.  :-)

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.