Author Topic: Starfleet Intelligence Featured Mission is coming!  (Read 4867 times)

Offline Kirok

• Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Starfleet Intelligence Featured Mission is coming!
« on: January 08, 2018, 09:26:07 pm »
Fleeters,

It has been a while since we have run a Features Mission.

So, in honor of our 11 year anniversary, I think it is time to kick one off again.

Featured Missions are open to all players.  So please join in if you like!

This mission will focus on three big research projects:  disguise technology, personal armor/defense technology, and time travel technology.

Naira will be our SO and will head up the disguise technology research team.   Michael Tritter will be our XO and will head up the personal armor/defense technology.  And I will serve as CO and head up the time travel technology.

I'm hoping to kick of the mission around January 15!

So, if you have an interest in joining, please post below with a preferred department and a preferred project to work on!

Thanks in advance,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Ezac

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Starfleet Intelligence Featured Mission is coming!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:12:28 pm »
I am interested in participating, but I'm not sure which project I'd prefer. I'll make another post after I give it some thought and decide.

Never turn your back on a Breen.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Three year award Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 10:24:27 pm »
I'm keen and would like to do the time travel tech. I can use one of my alts if that would be better.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:51:36 pm »
Oh this looks like so much fun!!!   Oh but which department to choose?  Bah... I can't decide!  Stick me wherever you need an extra body or where your friendly neighborhood Romulan can be of assistance.   LOL.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 03:39:41 am »
I'll join in on the fun. Stick me with Tritter working on personal armor/defense technology, please!

Offline Naira

• Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 04:04:52 am »
Anyone wanna work in a lab? Do some ethically questionable science experiments? Mess with some genetics? We may end up breaking a few Federation rules, but it's science and it's for the greater good.

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 07:46:10 am »
I'm interested. What do you mean by research projects? Is there story to this? Is it for existing characters, or one-off characters?
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline T'Prina

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CHIEF SCIENCE VULCAN
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 09:43:26 am »
Anyone wanna work in a lab? Do some ethically questionable science experiments? Mess with some genetics? We may end up breaking a few Federation rules, but it's science and it's for the greater good.

Well, now this has me intrigued.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Offline Derek Black

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 10:55:00 am »
Will this mission be considered canon for character development? Or is it intended to be an alternate universe type?

Offline Klizh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • #MeowToo
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 01:26:02 pm »
I've been wanting to develop a sub-plot for K'lizh for a while where he works on reviving life support belt tech from TAS as an emergency safeguard in event of phaser fire or even a hull breach, a la the way it's used in Star Trek Online. If this can contribute to the lore of ShadowFleet, I'd be interested. So I guess that would slot him into the personal armor division.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Offline Kirok

• Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 06:59:22 pm »
I'm keen and would like to do the time travel tech. I can use one of my alts if that would be better.

For the time travel tech, I think Susan V from Ops would be a better fit.

I'm interested. What do you mean by research projects? Is there story to this? Is it for existing characters, or one-off characters?

The general story for this mission will simply be research.  Give you guys with the big brains to think of solutions.  It will be more character driven.  Existing characters would be preferred.

Will this mission be considered canon for character development? Or is it intended to be an alternate universe type?

Ideally it will be canon.  We should use what we have seen on screen for these project.  That said, it would be ok for use to explore non conon solutions (that may never come to life in role play here).

But for example, we know that kevlar body armor exists in the here and now.  But not really seen in ST.  But maybe the away teams could benefit from it in our current role play here.

I've been wanting to develop a sub-plot for K'lizh for a while where he works on reviving life support belt tech from TAS as an emergency safeguard in event of phaser fire or even a hull breach, a la the way it's used in Star Trek Online. If this can contribute to the lore of ShadowFleet, I'd be interested. So I guess that would slot him into the personal armor division.

Possibly.  What is life support belt tech?   What is TAS?

So here are the teams as I have them so far:

Hazard (body armor):  Tritter, Rhymus, Klizh

Intell (disguise):  Naira, Rayek, T'Prina

Time: Kirok, Conwell, Ventnor

Undecided:  Ezac, Derek, Jada

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 07:08:48 pm »
Possibly.  What is life support belt tech?   What is TAS?

TAS = The Animated Series

Life support belt was something introduced in that series that replaced a space suit with a belt that provided an environmentally stable envelope for boarding paties.

Offline Jules Bash

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion 2018 USS IBN Sinna Featured Mission Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 07:23:36 pm »
Ooooh boy. Toys! A mission all about toys!

Uhh, I mean...

Jules would be most interested in the defense tech, him being such a hardware geek. If you need to distribute him elsewhere, his second option would be disguise tech. Never know when you need to hide antennae.

And time travel is just icky. :p

Offline Klizh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • #MeowToo
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 07:42:54 pm »

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 12:47:01 am »

So here are the teams as I have them so far:

Hazard (body armor):  Tritter, Rhymus, Klizh

Intell (disguise):  Naira, Rayek, T'Prina

Time: Kirok, Conwell, Ventnor

Undecided:  Ezac, Derek, Jada

Oh sure, stick the Romulan with the Vulcan.  Will he never get away from them?!  LOL.   Sounds good.. sneaky disguise tech sounds like its right up Rayek's alley.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles