Discovery January 2018 Awards Ceremony

Started by Kirok, January 08, 2018, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Discovery Crew,

Welcome to the 11th Annual Awards Ceremony for not only the Fleet but also for the Discovery.

That's right.  The Discovery was the very first ship launched on the site and has been going strong ever since.

But the Discovery was originally an Akira class ship.  That all changed recently when she crumbled away due to all the stress over the years.  But I have to say, I'm liking the new Prometheus class ship quite a lot.  I hope that you are too!

But a ship is just a ship without the people on it.  And that is who we are here to honor and celebrate.  The people who served on the Discovery.

Up first are the Service Awards.  These help us recognize people for their number of months or years of service with us.  And without further ado, here they are:

6 Month Award:  Alex Campbell

1 Year Award - EQ Kimball, Kinley Garrison, Lennox Ainsley, & LK Reede

2 Year Award:  Tekin Nevir

3 Year Award:  Steven Black

5 Year Award:  Al Wu & Kirok

Congratulation to those who received service awards.  But I also want to take a moment to recognize our newer players:   Declan Vincent, &  T'Lulu May Soong.  Although they have not hit their six month mark yet, we hope they are here for many years to come!

Most sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Alexander Wu

Good Day Discoverites,

I have the honour and privilege to present the next round of awards:

Posting Excellence Award - Fala Awen

Most Improved Award - Alex Campbell

Descriptive Combat Award - Lennox Ainsley

Best Newcomer Award - Declan Vincent

Technical Precision Award - LK Reede

EPC/OTC Ribbon - LK Reede & Delcan Vincent

Most Engaging Member Award - Tekin Nevir

Congratulations to all recipients, more to follow from our esteemed XO!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

T'Ra Jones

Fantastic job, guys! From what I've seen so far, these awards are well deserved. :)

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Inzjana

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

LK Reede

Ardyn Jaeger

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Tekin Nevir

Welcome to the new year, it is my pleasure to offer the following final posting awards:

Best Duo Award: Tekin Nevir - Alexander Wu

Rib Tickler Award: EQ Kimball

And now finally, the contribution awards, awarded primary for activity both IC and OOC:

Fleet Service Award: Kirok

Outstanding Commitment: Kirok

Contribution Award: Fala Awen

Outstanding Contribution Award: Tekin Nevir

(you have no idea how narcissistic it feels to award myself with not on, but two awards....)

Finally from the desk of the First Officer, is my personal merit:

This is one of very few awards that do not have a defined qualification, and it is the pleasure of the giving officer to select their recipient for many, many things.

I must take everything from the last ceremony in my descision, and though she has since moved on, I have to award my merit to not only this character, but this player.

The Executive Officer's Personal Merit is awarded to: Kinley Garrison

Thank you all for your hard work.

Kirok

D- Crew,

We have just one last award to hand out and then we will be done!

This year the Captain's Personal Merit Award is going to Alex Wu.

Alex is a great player who has been with us for serveral years.  He is a great writter.  And behind the scenes he is very active.

Please congratule him.

Kirok

PS - Congrats to each and every member here who make the Discovery great last year!

Your badges have been assigned.  Pleaes let me know if I missed any.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Lennox Ainsley

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.