Author Topic: USS Challenger Awards- January, 2018  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
USS Challenger Awards- January, 2018
« on: January 05, 2018, 07:37:21 pm »

Hello crew of the Challenger! Welcome to our bi-yearly recognition and awards ceremony. I'm constantly amazed at the skill of the writers we have here on this ship, and how great you guys are. Hats off to you!

But let's get right into it. Every six months (approximately), we get to celebrate what goes on here and recognize those of us who have excelled and gone above and beyond the past half year, Our past missions have taken us all over the place. From rogue Cardassians in the Gamma Quadrant to being kidnapped (Once or twice), running into bioweapons, we've gone all sorts of places- in the air, on land, and in the seas. It's been great fun, and I look forward to another six months with you all. So let's jump right into our award season!

SERVICE AWARDS

The following members are receiving their Five Year Service Award:
Kyle Briggs

The following members are receiving their Three Year Service Award:
Olivia Briggs

The following members are receiving their Two Year Service Award:
Dylan Torngate (That bastard)

The following members are receiving their One Year Service Award:
Catrin Maddux
Lizzie Vaughan

The following members are receiving their Six Month Service Award:
Lek
Rhymus Cleroux

OTHER AWARDS
I will have the honor of presenting some of these awards. Others will come later, so stay tuned!

CO's Personal Merit
Every six months I have the honor of recognizing one player I feel has gone above and beyond. This player has chosen a different track from the norm, being Enlisted- a Challenger trope, it seemed at times. But, this player has flourished and has grown into their role on our ship quite well.

I'm pleased to award my Personal Merit award to Rhymus Cleroux

Contribution Award
The contribution award is one for players who give their all to the site consistently, in mission and out. The award also is for those who push others to do better and are up for whatever is swung their way.

In late November, Seven members of our crew really kicked it out of the park. We realized we were close to a site record in terms of posts, and decided it was high time for the leaderboard to change. These individuals banded together and got us over the record in the span of a few short days while still not sacrificing the quality of their posts. Even when it seemed we might not make it, these players made it happen. As such, I'm proud to present this award to Bonnie Moors, Rhymus Cleroux, Lek, Silas McCreary, Rayek tr'Lhoell, and Olivia Briggs.

Outstanding Contribution Award

If you are blessed with the ability to count, you may have noticed that the previous award only had six names on it. One member already had this award, and still deserves recognition.

The Outstanding Contribution Award is for those among us who continue to make contributions to the site and the SIMM. One member stood out and took on this challenge along with the other six. Therefore, this award goes to Lizzie Vaughan

One more for tonight...

Crew Choice
Each award season we ask the crew to vote for someone who was just a fantastic character. This time around, the Crew chose Rayek tr'Lhoell. Congrats, Rayek!

That's all for tonight, check back tomorrow for (Probably) the next set!
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: USS Challenger Awards- January, 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 01:57:43 pm »
Great job everyone! And you are one amazing Captain to lead such a dedicated crew!  Yay to us all!

Thank you everyone!

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 05:49:45 pm »

Ok, OK I know I'm 8 days late. So sue me.

MORE AWARDS!
Most Improved:

This award goes to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. In my mind, there is a player who has made leaps and bounds in their posting. She has become more consistent in posting, and the quality has always continued to astound. Despite her rather difficult niche to always play, she tries to keep involved, and make sure everyone stays involved. This award goes to Catrin Maddux!

Best Duo

OK, let's get this one sorted away right now. We all knew who this one was going to go to. When you think duos on Challenger, these two immediately pop into your head. The players constantly write together, and always write well when they do. These awards go to Bonnie Moors and Rhymus Cleroux!

Most Engaging

This award goes to a player who writes the most emotionally engaging, scene setting posts. This also goes to members who try their best to make sure people are posting and interacting with each other. When it comes to describing scenes or locations, or even interacting with NPC's, there's one person here who constantly makes this happen. From describing the chaos of an underwater station to helping new players into the feel, this character stands out. Congratulations to Lizzie Vaughan!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:19:02 pm by Dylan Torngate »
Shadow Fleet

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 06:03:02 pm »
Thank you!

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 06:34:49 pm »
Well, looks like I get to give a few awards out. Here goes:

Outstanding Commitment:
Awarded to players who are always online and posting.   Lek   

Technical Precision:
Awarded to the player who has included in-depth and relevant technical details in their posts.  Elijah

Diplomat: 
Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Olivia

Executive Officer's Personal Merit Award 
Awarded by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.  Lizzie

Congrats everyone. These are all well deserved. I'm honored to be working with such a great and active crew. Keep up the amazing work.

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 06:59:57 pm »
Congrats to everyone. You're all great and deserve everything you've been given!

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 07:07:02 pm »
I'm gonna start crying  :o

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 07:30:00 pm »
Way to go everyone!

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 08:35:46 pm »
Thank you and congratulations to all!
Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 03:12:18 pm »
Here are the last two awards for this awards ceremony- Thank you all for being a part of this family.

Best Newcomer: This award is given out to the player who is a recient join of a character and has distinguished themselves beyond the norm. This time around, this award goes to Elijah Aldin

Posting Excellence: Awarded in January and July to one player who has demonstrated consistent high quality posting skills. There were a lot of contenders for this award- you all did wonderfully and have excellent skills. However, this can only go to one person and that is Bonnie Moors!

This concludes the January awards ceremony for 2018. Once again, thank you to everyone who's been a part of or continues to be in our Challenger family. You all always bring a smile to my face and make my day better.

Thank you to you all!
Shadow Fleet

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Family - where life begins and love never ends
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 03:24:56 pm »
Congratulations everyone :)

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 05:16:05 pm »
Great job everyone. Congrats on well earned awards.

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 01:24:29 am »
Congrats and thanks to the command types for the awards!

You guys are a lot of fun to write with! :D

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 06:10:14 pm »
Congrats to everyone! It's been a joy to be on the ship with you all!

You guys are a lot of fun to write with! :D

^^

I second this!

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 02:16:13 am »
Congrats Elijah!  Bonnie!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles