Author S2 M5: Old Wounds  (Read 421 times)

Offline Julia Rellek

• Trusted Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2 M5: Old Wounds
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 12:07:31 PM »
[Bridge]

"I guessss it'ssss all relative," Kintiss replied. Indeed, it wasn't bad news for them. The Teplans, on the other hand, wouldn't be pleased in the slightest. That made it all the more important to begin work on curing the Blight.

Kintiss considered for a moment. The information he had on the Quickening was comprehensive, but he knew it wasn't even scratching the surface when it came to Bashir's research. Whether he'd have time to look through it all before they arrived, he didn't know.

"I think I'll need everything they have." Curing an incurable illness meant he had to consider every option, and Dr Bashir had a reputation for being an incredibly thorough doctor. "If you need my accesssss codessss, I'll be more than happy to provide."

"K'Lizh, contact starfleet medical and have the data sent diretly to the Doctor's office." Julia asked. "There you go, Doctor." She added with a smile. "We should arrive within the hour. So get your team ready. I'm sure we'll be beaming down upon arrival."
Site Administrator

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Klizh

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 12:38:49 PM »
"K'Lizh, contact starfleet medical and have the data sent diretly to the Doctor's office." Julia asked. "There you go, Doctor." She added with a smile. "We should arrive within the hour. So get your team ready. I'm sure we'll be beaming down upon arrival."
A good Ops officer anticipated the needs of their ship and their CO. K'lizh had already typed up a formal request form, and as soon as Rellek gave the order, he pressed the "send" button on his console. "Done, Captain," he said smartly. He prided himself on his proficiency at his job. It made up for his track record on away missions. So far, he had passed out from atmospheric toxins, nearly died of dehydration, had a console explode in his face, and even gotten food poisoning and kidnapped in the same day. It was getting to the point where K'lizh was afraid to leave the ship.

"Nature abhors dimensional abnormalities, and seals them neatly away so that they don’t upset people.  Nature, in fact, abhors a lot of things, including vacuums, ships called the Marie Celeste, and the chuck keys for electric drills." -Pratchett

Offline Solluk

• Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2018, 02:52:57 PM »
Corridor Outside Engineering

Solluk smiled at Jada's joke- both regarding her students, and regarding K'lizh.  Though, honestly, the man's species probably had very little need for clothing.  Did they wear clothes just to please the social mores of other races, or had the wearing of clothing arisen independently in their history?  He knew virtually nothing about his culture.

Putting such questions aside, he listened intently when Jada mentioned the distress call and gave him a run-down of the disease and its EM radiation sensitivity.

"Hmm..." Solluk had learned from human colleagues to use such noises as a filler while his mind worked on a problem.  Then:

"Tellarite pneumatic pounders would fit the bill, I think.  They used them quite heavily about 5 centuries ago, and we should have some museum scans on file that we can use as a basis for a modern redesign.   Completely mechanical, 25mm bore, using compressed nitrogen as a propellant.  An underbarrel tube magazine holds a dozen slugs, not unlike the Terran shotguns of the 20th century.  If we make plasticene-gel slugs, you'd have a nonlethal option.  Formula 13 plasticene is soft at room temperature, but solid at lower temperatures, and may be a good pick.  Compressed nitrogen becomes very cold at the moment of decompression.  It would fully harden the slug for travel down the barrel.  But immediately upon leaving the barrel, it would soften into a putty-like consistency.   

Such a slug should flatten upon impact, delivering nearly one-hundred percent of the kinetic energy into a target without penetrating.   Be rather like a slap from a Mugato, while being much less likely to break bones.  Enough to knock someone over if they aren't braced against it.  Cause some bruising.  Be very painful.  Would most likely disincentivize aggression, with an effective range of 40 or 50 meters.

Alternatively, there are lower-tech solutions.   The Vulcan Ahn-Woon can be used to entangle a target, as can the Terran Bolas, which has the added benefit of being thrown.  I recall that Orions have some thrown grappling weapons as well- restraining people seems to be a favored pasttime in your culture- though I don't think we've covered any of these devices in class.  Perhaps they are more commonly used outside of combat?"
  His smirk was suggestive. 

"There are a number of chemical solutions to subduing people, of course, but they'd have to be cleared through medical.  And there is the usual stigma against chemical weapons to be considered.   But... if medical could agree on an appropriate drug and dosage, we could actually add it to the pounder slugs via an aerogel process on the plasticene, filling millions of microscopic bubbles with the substance in question.  Thus it would have a kinetic impact effect as well as applying a topical medication which would be extruded as the gel flattens."

"For crowd control, we could replicate rubber-shelled magnesium-phosphor grenades to provide a flash-bang solution.  All shrapnel would be soft rubber, and the grenades could use mechanical timers and triggers as opposed to the usual electronic variety."

Solluk guessed that Jada had probably come to many of these same conclusions herself, but was doing him the courtesy of hearing his input before giving him a direction to pursue.  It was polite, and also enjoyable.  Problem-solving exercises were always diverting, and he relished her company.   A win all around.

His thoughts turned to the idea of treating these victims- a special challenge when all modern medical tech employed electronics and EM-emitters.  "I have a thought or two about the medical end of things.  Most likely Kintiss is well on top of this already, and is better versed than I on medical alternatives.  However, should he run into a dead-end, do encourage him to reach out."

He paused, and then blurted, "Speaking of dead ends, I desperately want a romantic relationship with you, but have been dealing with crippling insecurities regarding your dynamic sexual nature, the inappropriateness of laying my insecurities at your feet, and a bewilderment about how to proceed despite these insecurities."

He blinked and swallowed, half-wanting to swallow his tongue while he was at it, and escape the awkwardness he had created.  Probably a cluros-violating moment, though he was still deciphering the full meaning of the word.

"Do you have plans for dinner, by the way?"

And also... maybe pretend I didn't just say all of that.

Offline Kintiss

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2018, 04:10:45 PM »

[Bridge]

"I'll have my team ready." Kintiss sent the files onward to his office terminal and left the bridge, heading back down to Sickbay. Once he was in the turbolift, and out of sight of the rest of the crew, he slumped against the wall and rubbed his eyes. A simple outbreak he could handle, but the Quickening? If one of the finest medical minds in the Federation couldn't fix it, what hope did he have? Kintiss wasn't genetically engineered to have a sky-high IQ, nor was he a hologram with complete and constant access to the Starfleet Medical database. This was going to be a tough one.

[Sickbay]

"I'm ssssure you're all familiar with the biogenic weapon known asss the Quickening," Kintiss said, addressing his assembled medical staff. "We've heard a disssstresss call from Teplanea. They sssseem to think it'ssss broken out again, sssso we're going to invessstigate. When we arrive, Ford, T'Neel, Ssshako and Kilminsssster will join the away team. The resssst of you remain on ssstandby in cassse we need to sssset up a quarantine. I'll be forwarding you the necesssssary filessss."

Returning to his office, Kintiss opened the files and began to read intently, memorising as much of the information as he could.

Online Jada

• Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 10:04:19 PM »
[Corridor Outside Engineering]

"Hmm..." Solluk had learned from human colleagues to use such noises as a filler while his mind worked on a problem.  Then:

Jada was impressed; Solluk had come up with quite a clever design with about a minute's thought, while on the turbolift ride down she'd mostly thought about beanbag cannons and big sticks. That was what it was to be a Vulcan and a Starfleet engineer. Now, if he could apply that engineering mind and problem-solving ability to a certain other issue, they might get somewhere...

She nodded. 'I was thinking of adapting riot-control bean-bag cannons, but I like this. it's a classic slugthrower design, so the squad doesn't need much training.' she said, using a common Orion term for firearms and projectile weapons, to distinguish them from the more common particle and energy beam weapons. Nevertheless, it was still common to train with slugthrowers, to strengthen and steady the hand prior to the lighter, less-stable beam weapons. They were also still common on primitive worlds, and in some American-based human cultures.

"Alternatively, there are lower-tech solutions.   The Vulcan Ahn-Woon can be used to entangle a target, as can the Terran Bolas, which has the added benefit of being thrown.  I recall that Orions have some thrown grappling weapons as well- restraining people seems to be a favored pasttime in your culture- though I don't think we've covered any of these devices in class.  Perhaps they are more commonly used outside of combat?"  His smirk was suggestive.

'Oh, only in mating season,' she remarked with as much of a smirk, 'For the spine-boars.'

Quote from: Solluk
"There are a number of chemical solutions to subduing people, of course, but they'd have to be cleared through medical.  And there is the usual stigma against chemical weapons to be considered.   But... if medical could agree on an appropriate drug and dosage, we could actually add it to the pounder slugs via an aerogel process on the plasticene, filling millions of microscopic bubbles with the substance in question.  Thus it would have a kinetic impact effect as well as applying a topical medication which would be extruded as the gel flattens."

'I'll see if Doctor Kintiss can suggest something.'

His thoughts turned to the idea of treating these victims- a special challenge when all modern medical tech employed electronics and EM-emitters.  "I have a thought or two about the medical end of things.  Most likely Kintiss is well on top of this already, and is better versed than I on medical alternatives.  However, should he run into a dead-end, do encourage him to reach out."

'Yes, I was thinking his instruments might need insulation or other EM shielding. I'll suggest it.'

He paused, and then blurted, "Speaking of dead ends, I desperately want a romantic relationship with you, but have been dealing with crippling insecurities regarding your dynamic sexual nature, the inappropriateness of laying my insecurities at your feet, and a bewilderment about how to proceed despite these insecurities."

He blinked and swallowed, half-wanting to swallow his tongue while he was at it, and escape the awkwardness he had created.  Probably a cluros-violating moment, though he was still deciphering the full meaning of the word.

"Do you have plans for dinner, by the way?"

And also... maybe pretend I didn't just say all of that.

Jada stared, and blinked, not sure how to respond to any and all of this. She'd come down here with a plan to inquire about Vulcan romance customs with a story about s'Metra being interested in a Vulcan boy at the Academy, but subtlety was out the airlock now. He'd finally made a move, and signalled his openness, and, well, it was hopeless. She should have expected as much; he could make smooth comments and be charming and sensitive, then when it came to action, he floundered like a wing-slug. So much for the great engineer. Well, now she felt able to act as she liked, and take the lead, the way it should be. Even if she was annoyed. 'The last time I heard a romantic relationship with me described as "a dead end", we were breaking up.' she at last pointed out, pointedly. Ouch. She took a predatory step closer to Solluk, forcing him back into the wall. 'And I spent a year alone waiting to find out if you were available, so I'd love to hear more about my... Dynamic. Sexual. Nature.' she growled slowly, advancing closer on him. 'And yes, I do.' She breathed the next words at his neck. 'My quarters, tonight.'
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:41:17 AM by Jada »
EPC Instructor  (Tempest Personnel File)

Offline Solluk

• Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2018, 08:57:55 AM »

'The last time I heard a romantic relationship with me described as "a dead end", we were breaking up.'

Solluk blinked, stammering, "I didn't mean to imply... That is, I meant to say-"

She advanced on him like a Sehlat, and he instinctively retreated right into a bulkhead.

'And I spent a year alone waiting to find out if you were available, so I'd love to hear more about my... Dynamic. Sexual. Nature.'

For a moment, a quizzical expression came upon his features, and he opened his mouth to say something, but she advanced again, and he simply swallowed nervously instead.

'And yes, I do.'

Solluk felt his stomach sink, and his voice was tremulous, "Ah, well, then, perhaps another-"

Her breath was on his skin as she spoke the next words, 'My quarters, tonight.'

It took him a moment to process that this was an invitation.  "Oh!  Um, yes.  Good.  I... I'll be there."  He almost added, 'with bells on' in echo of some human colleagues' colloquialisms, but then decided she might take that as an odd Vulcan fetish.

"I... I'm glad we had this chance to... dialogue."

Offline Jus'draal

• Tempest's Klingon
  • Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »
[USS Tempest | Corrido Outside main Engineering]

Jus'draal had been conversing with Garlande right up until the sound of a body hitting a bulkhead caused her to turn, since it was almost right beside her, as Solluk had backed toward her.  She tilted her head a bit fixing the pair with a quizical look.  This looked... personal.  She took a couple of steps away from the near embrace, their voices were low so she couldn't really make out their dialogue.

She looked uncetainly at Garlande and delivered the balance of her report.  "All repairs are complete At least physically from an operations standpoint.  I just need to reroute the information back to it's usual pathways.  The slight slowdowns on the relay down here should be gone in a matter of minutes.  Thank you for the hospitality down here."  She smiled and made a hasty departure, she was not sure it was appropriate for a junior officer to be this close to the mating behaviors of sen... well more experienced personnel.  She slipped into the turbolift and made for main operations, sighing heavily once the lift doors closed on her.
DabuQlu'DI' yISuv - Klingon Proverb - When Threatened, Fight.
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Earth Proverb - If you wish peace, prepare for war

Online Jada

• Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2018, 09:36:25 AM »

'We'll see. Maybe I'll show you how I handle a pair of bolas.' Jada promised-slash-threatened. At last, realising there were others noticing, though not exactly caring, she stepped back and adopted a more professional air. 'So, when you have a design ready, please let me know and we'll work on tweaking and testing. How about the Engineering holodeck?'

Offline Solluk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2018, 10:27:34 AM »

Solluk cleared his throat and tugged at his collar, which suddenly felt restrictive. 

"Yes, of course.  I... should have some holographic mockups ready for review within an hour's time.  Then, if you approve of the designs, we can begin replication on demand."

Taking a deep breath, he glanced about, re-assessing his surroundings.   Only then did he realize that Jus'draal had disappeared.  Unfortunate.  He'd have to extend his regards for her work to K'lizh later.  Operations had saved him quite a bit of resources by tackling the ODN problem.

"Do let me know what Kintiss says about using medication in the slugs, and I'll make sure the simulation has the appropriate parameters so you can sample effects on likely targets."

Stepping sideways with a tentative smile and nod, he turned towards the warp core, entering Engineering proper.   There was a rhythmic thumping sound permeating the area...

...and in another moment he realized its source, as it gradually slowed and quieted.  Solluk wondered if a cardiac event had ever been officially listed in medical reports as being caused by interaction with an Orion. 

Probably.

Pausing briefly to pass a greeting to Mister Garlande, he told the man, "Thank you for maintaining things in my absence.  If you need anything, I'll be in my office."  And with that, he went to begin his work on design drafts.

Offline Julia Rellek

• Trusted Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2018, 12:45:37 AM »
A good Ops officer anticipated the needs of their ship and their CO. K'lizh had already typed up a formal request form, and as soon as Rellek gave the order, he pressed the "send" button on his console. "Done, Captain," he said smartly. He prided himself on his proficiency at his job. It made up for his track record on away missions. So far, he had passed out from atmospheric toxins, nearly died of dehydration, had a console explode in his face, and even gotten food poisoning and kidnapped in the same day. It was getting to the point where K'lizh was afraid to leave the ship.

[Bridge]

"Thank you K'Lizh. When we arrive i want you to begin scanning the planet with a speciic focus on the lifeforms. We might be able to get some additional data for the good doctor."

Julia carefully reviewed the data on the planet. "Looks like we should be safe to establish a standard orbit. And K'Lizh, we'll need to triangulate the source of that distress call so we know where to beam in." She said casually.
Site Administrator

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Online Jada

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2018, 02:53:59 AM »

With a teasing smile, Jada eventually let Solluk go and stalked off without a backwards glance and a laconic 'Later.' She walked away, swift but unhurried, wondering what in the Nine Hells she was actually going to do with this date.

[Turbolift]

Jada interrupted the closing doors and stepped inside, joining the new Klingon Ops officer for the ride. 'Computer, location of Doctor Kintiss?' 'Doctor Kintiss is in Sickbay.' 'Sickbay.'

She nodded politely to Ensign Jus'draal. 'Hi.'

Offline Octavia Tarian

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2018, 09:21:53 AM »
[Personel Quarters]
Octavia sat at the desk provided and pulled up the counselor files for the personnel aboard the Tempest, she figured she better get aquanted with some of her colleagues before her first shift in a few hours. The counselor was supposed to be sleeping, but she hadn't slept since she came aboard, the itch to get started is far too much for her to ignore. 
She had been dressed in full uniform since she's been shown her quarters. She felt as excited as she did as a child, imagining be aboard a starship; except now it's real.

Offline Ian Galloway

• Ship Representive's
  • Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2018, 10:53:45 AM »
[Bridge]

"Thank you K'Lizh. When we arrive i want you to begin scanning the planet with a speciic focus on the lifeforms. We might be able to get some additional data for the good doctor."

Julia carefully reviewed the data on the planet. "Looks like we should be safe to establish a standard orbit. And K'Lizh, we'll need to triangulate the source of that distress call so we know where to beam in." She said casually.

[Bridge]

Ian listened to the captain discuss the plan for once the Tempest arrived over Teplanea and after a moment of hesitation, he spoke up.

"Ma'am, I would like ta be part of the away team. I realize there is nae a good reason fer a helmsman on this mission, but hear me out. You have granted me the singular honor of sittin' center seat a couple times now, and it was all I'd hoped it would be, but, as part of my development as a proper Starfleet officer, I feel it's time fer me ta get in some away team time. This is clearly nae the mission fer me ta lead, but I do believe I can be part of this one without buggerin' things up fer those who need ta be there."

Offline Klizh

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2018, 12:22:36 PM »
[Bridge]

Ian listened to the captain discuss the plan for once the Tempest arrived over Teplanea and after a moment of hesitation, he spoke up.

"Ma'am, I would like ta be part of the away team. I realize there is nae a good reason fer a helmsman on this mission, but hear me out. You have granted me the singular honor of sittin' center seat a couple times now, and it was all I'd hoped it would be, but, as part of my development as a proper Starfleet officer, I feel it's time fer me ta get in some away team time. This is clearly nae the mission fer me ta lead, but I do believe I can be part of this one without buggerin' things up fer those who need ta be there."
K'lizh's ears swiveled as the ship's pilot spoke up, then he turned in his own seat to look at their CO. "Given my away mission track record, I say better him than me, Captain," he said wryly. Of course, if Ian somehow did die on this mission, K'lizh would feel like a total ass.

"Nature abhors dimensional abnormalities, and seals them neatly away so that they don’t upset people.  Nature, in fact, abhors a lot of things, including vacuums, ships called the Marie Celeste, and the chuck keys for electric drills." -Pratchett

Offline Jus'draal

• Tempest's Klingon
  • Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2018, 08:33:29 PM »

With a teasing smile, Jada eventually let Solluk go and stalked off without a backwards glance and a laconic 'Later.' She walked away, swift but unhurried, wondering what in the Nine Hells she was actually going to do with this date.

[Turbolift]

Jada interrupted the closing doors and stepped inside, joining the new Klingon Ops officer for the ride. 'Computer, location of Doctor Kintiss?' 'Doctor Kintiss is in Sickbay.' 'Sickbay.'

She nodded politely to Ensign Jus'draal. 'Hi.'

[Turbolift]

A green hand came through the closing doors of theturbolift and tha about to be sighed breath was held, her third lung complaining just a bit as she watched the Senior Cheif Petty Oficer join her in the car of the lift.  She managed at first a polite nod of acknowledgement, then when she was varbally greeted she intoned, "Greetings, ma'am."

She then feltsheneeded to say something about the hasty retreatshe had beaten, though she didn't really want to metion her own disomfort at the situation, "I... did not wish to ... interrupt.  Oh, forgive me, Ensign Jus'draal."

She wondered how she had almost forgotten to intoduce herself, it was done now at least.  The Klingon took a moment too look over the uniformed Orion.  Impressive, she thought to herself.  One could almost see the potential danger from the graceful movements of the green skinned woman, Jus'draal thought she might make a good sparring partner.  But of course this was neither the time nor the pace to suggest that.  Generally one did not meet someone and then ask if theu would like to exchng blows.  Well one could, but one was then often labelled hostile or a troublemaker.  Jus'draal had of course been labelled both in her lifetime.

Online Jada

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 08:47:30 PM »
[Turbolift]

'Hmm?' Jada began, not sure what there had been to interrupt. Oh, right. 'Chief Jada.' she introduced herself, glad her rank and position had the same, kick-ass title. She briefly considered inviting Jus'draal to the weapons training classes, or the less formal and more secret fight club for the senior members, but didn't want to make the assumption that all Klingons were obsessed with battle. Well, they probably were, but Jada wasn't going to say it. The classes were listed in the ship's social pages anyway, easy to find. 'Welcome to the Tempest. You're in Engineering?' she inquired, a fair assumption, having seen her in Engineering. It was a bit surprising; Jus'draal seemed a natural fit for Security.

Offline Jus'draal

• Tempest's Klingon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 09:33:29 PM »
[Turbolift]

"Well met, Chief, Chief."  That drew a half smile from the ensign.  "Thank you for the welcome.  I am in Operations, actually.  There were some Network repairs to be done in Engineering after the accident the other day.  I have been helping to get the data flowing again."

She could see the question behind Jada's eyes and allowed hersef a self deprecating grin, "Why am I not in Security or Tactical?"  She asked for the Chief.  "My choices going into the Avademy were limitted.  I was enrolled as an alternative to criminal proceedings.  A human did ot like the results of picking a fight with me in a bar... "  She shook her head.  "Law enforcement was rather closed tome.  But I am good with the computer systems.  It works.?" She shrugged. 

Top RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D
anything