S2 M5: Old Wounds

Started by Jada, January 05, 2018, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavia Tarian

[Personel Quarters]
Octavia sat at the desk provided and pulled up the counselor files for the personnel aboard the Tempest, she figured she better get aquanted with some of her colleagues before her first shift in a few hours. The counselor was supposed to be sleeping, but she hadn't slept since she came aboard, the itch to get started is far too much for her to ignore.
She had been dressed in full uniform since she's been shown her quarters. She felt as excited as she did as a child, imagining be aboard a starship; except now it's real.

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Julia Rellek on January 12, 2018, 12:45:37 AM

[Bridge]

"Thank you K'Lizh. When we arrive i want you to begin scanning the planet with a speciic focus on the lifeforms. We might be able to get some additional data for the good doctor."

Julia carefully reviewed the data on the planet. "Looks like we should be safe to establish a standard orbit. And K'Lizh, we'll need to triangulate the source of that distress call so we know where to beam in." She said casually.

[Bridge]

Ian listened to the captain discuss the plan for once the Tempest arrived over Teplanea and after a moment of hesitation, he spoke up.

"Ma'am, I would like ta be part of the away team. I realize there is nae a good reason fer a helmsman on this mission, but hear me out. You have granted me the singular honor of sittin' center seat a couple times now, and it was all I'd hoped it would be, but, as part of my development as a proper Starfleet officer, I feel it's time fer me ta get in some away team time. This is clearly nae the mission fer me ta lead, but I do believe I can be part of this one without buggerin' things up fer those who need ta be there."

Klizh

Quote from: Ian Galloway on January 12, 2018, 10:53:45 AM

[Bridge]

Ian listened to the captain discuss the plan for once the Tempest arrived over Teplanea and after a moment of hesitation, he spoke up.

"Ma'am, I would like ta be part of the away team. I realize there is nae a good reason fer a helmsman on this mission, but hear me out. You have granted me the singular honor of sittin' center seat a couple times now, and it was all I'd hoped it would be, but, as part of my development as a proper Starfleet officer, I feel it's time fer me ta get in some away team time. This is clearly nae the mission fer me ta lead, but I do believe I can be part of this one without buggerin' things up fer those who need ta be there."

K'lizh's ears swiveled as the ship's pilot spoke up, then he turned in his own seat to look at their CO. "Given my away mission track record, I say better him than me, Captain," he said wryly. Of course, if Ian somehow did die on this mission, K'lizh would feel like a total ass.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Jus'draal

Quote from: Jada on January 12, 2018, 02:53:59 AM

[Corridor Outside Engineering]

With a teasing smile, Jada eventually let Solluk go and stalked off without a backwards glance and a laconic 'Later.' She walked away, swift but unhurried, wondering what in the Nine Hells she was actually going to do with this date.

[Turbolift]

Jada interrupted the closing doors and stepped inside, joining the new Klingon Ops officer for the ride. 'Computer, location of Doctor Kintiss?' 'Doctor Kintiss is in Sickbay.' 'Sickbay.'

She nodded politely to Ensign Jus'draal. 'Hi.'

[Turbolift]

A green hand came through the closing doors of theturbolift and tha about to be sighed breath was held, her third lung complaining just a bit as she watched the Senior Cheif Petty Oficer join her in the car of the lift.  She managed at first a polite nod of acknowledgement, then when she was varbally greeted she intoned, "Greetings, ma'am."

She then feltsheneeded to say something about the hasty retreatshe had beaten, though she didn't really want to metion her own disomfort at the situation, "I... did not wish to ... interrupt.  Oh, forgive me, Ensign Jus'draal."

She wondered how she had almost forgotten to intoduce herself, it was done now at least.  The Klingon took a moment too look over the uniformed Orion.  Impressive, she thought to herself.  One could almost see the potential danger from the graceful movements of the green skinned woman, Jus'draal thought she might make a good sparring partner.  But of course this was neither the time nor the pace to suggest that.  Generally one did not meet someone and then ask if theu would like to exchng blows.  Well one could, but one was then often labelled hostile or a troublemaker.  Jus'draal had of course been labelled both in her lifetime.

DabuQlu'DI' yISuv - Klingon Proverb - When Threatened, Fight.
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Earth Proverb - If you wish peace, prepare for war

Jada

[Turbolift]

'Hmm?' Jada began, not sure what there had been to interrupt. Oh, right. 'Chief Jada.' she introduced herself, glad her rank and position had the same, kick-ass title. She briefly considered inviting Jus'draal to the weapons training classes, or the less formal and more secret fight club for the senior members, but didn't want to make the assumption that all Klingons were obsessed with battle. Well, they probably were, but Jada wasn't going to say it. The classes were listed in the ship's social pages anyway, easy to find. 'Welcome to the Tempest. You're in Engineering?' she inquired, a fair assumption, having seen her in Engineering. It was a bit surprising; Jus'draal seemed a natural fit for Security.

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Jus'draal

[Turbolift]

"Well met, Chief, Chief."  That drew a half smile from the ensign.  "Thank you for the welcome.  I am in Operations, actually.  There were some Network repairs to be done in Engineering after the accident the other day.  I have been helping to get the data flowing again."

She could see the question behind Jada's eyes and allowed hersef a self deprecating grin, "Why am I not in Security or Tactical?"  She asked for the Chief.  "My choices going into the Avademy were limitted.  I was enrolled as an alternative to criminal proceedings.  A human did ot like the results of picking a fight with me in a bar... "  She shook her head.  "Law enforcement was rather closed tome.  But I am good with the computer systems.  It works.?" She shrugged. 

Jada

[Turbolift]

Jada might have been surprised that Jus'draal guessed her question, but it was probably a common concern for her. People were also surprised to find an Orion woman in Security and not Science or Medical, at least until they met her. In any case, Jus'draal was certainly astute, more than she'd expected of a Klingon. Smarter, too.

'Bar fight enrolment, huh? I should've tried that.' Jada began in good humour. She had of course read Jus'draal's criminal record, and knew there was much more to it than that. She faced Jus'draal more directly, knowing from xeno-relations training that Klingons favoured a direct confrontation, even if it was unusual to the Orion. 'Another security chief might be suspicious of you as a trouble-maker, but not me.' It would be hypocritical, after all. 'But I tend to end bar fights pretty quickly.' she ended warningly.

Jus'draal

[Turbolift]

Jus'draal smiled at the shift in Jada's stance and squared herself to the green skinned woman.  If someone was going to make moves to make her more comfortable, she might as well respond in kind.  "That esd just the problem, it is very hard to plan these things, without it being 'premeditated'.  Besides, it limits my options.  From your conversation in the corridor, it sounds like you enjoy your job.  How would it be for security to be barred from you.  Besides, my evaluations are supposed to be a bit tougher because of it.  Though I have ot had one yet."

She grinned, "I have to say, my stance on bar fights was similar, end them quickly, that ultimately was my problem.  I will though mae our life easier.  I have had to take... management courses, I can usually avoid a fight if I wish now... but if you want one... or need it.  I am sure K'lixh would not mind my... expressing myself."  The smile broadened, showing pointed teeth.

The turbolift chose this moment to halt at Main Operations and Jus'draal nodded politely to the Chief, "This is me.  We should have more talks like this... it has been enjoyable."

Jada

[Turbolift]

Jada stepped aside to let Jus'draal pass out the door. 'Yeah. And I wouldn't say Security is barred to you. Harder, but transfers are common with retraining and good service.' Jada offered, thinking of Solluk's switch to Engineering and officer status and her own rise to senior rank. 'But if it's a fight you want, I run classes. See you around.' she said as the door closed. It had been a whip-and-carrot approach, warning Jus'draal but offering something that might appeal and channel her Klingon aggression. But she hadn't seemed very aggressive for all that.

[Sickbay]

She soon arrived in Sickbay, finding a team preparing themselves for the Teplanea mission. 'Doctor Kintiss?' she inquired, but soon found the large serpentine shape hunched over a desk in the office. She stood in the doorway, asking 'Doctor Kintiss? Lieutenant Solluk and I are working on a non-EM stun-weapon in case of conflict with the Teplaneans. We have an option for aerogel delivery of a knock-out drug. There are the standard humanoid-oriented compounds, but we didn't want to risk a bad reaction in those with the Blight. We were wondering if you could suggest anything?'

Julia Rellek

Quote from: Ian Galloway on January 12, 2018, 10:53:45 AM

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

Julia chuckled along with the bantor between K'Lizh and Ian. "I think we can make that happpen, Commander." It didn't take long before they began approaching the system. "Take us out of warp, commander. Navigate us in and establish a standard orbit. K'Lizh, triangulate the source of the transmission and scan the area." Julia ordered before tapping her communicator.

=/\= "Bridge to Kintiss. Doctor, we are approaching the system. What is your status?" =/\=

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Julia Rellek on January 13, 2018, 09:35:42 PM

[Bridge]

Julia chuckled along with the bantor between K'Lizh and Ian. "I think we can make that happpen, Commander." It didn't take long before they began approaching the system. "Take us out of warp, commander. Navigate us in and establish a standard orbit. K'Lizh, triangulate the source of the transmission and scan the area." Julia ordered before tapping her communicator.

=/\= "Bridge to Kintiss. Doctor, we are approaching the system. What is your status?" =/\=

[Bridge]

Ian smiled broadly as he replied.

"Aye Ma'am, and thank you."

Ian dropped the Tempest out of warp and entered standard orbit smoothly. From orbit, the planet didn't look troubled, but given it's history, it was a textbook example of not judging a book by it's cover.

"Standard orbit Ma'am."

Ian was still smiling as he waited for the Admiral to call for the briefing prior to the away team beaming down.

Jus'draal

[USS Tempest | Main Operations]

As the turbolift doors closed behind her, Jus'draal considered the offer Jada had meade.  A place to let outthe emotion and aggression she kept carefully bottled inside her might be a good thing.  She would have to look up the class times, and probably learn to use weapons other then her kind's own traditional nes.  Ths was not a problem really.  Meanwhile she was entering the land of the computers, and put naked aggression aside.

She began torerote the data feeds back toward Main Engineering.    The sensors along the ODN circuits were indicating the repair was good, there was little to no slowdown left.  She alllowed the data to flow then ran a level one diagnotic on it just to be sure.  Then she touched her communicator to report in.

=/\= Ensign Jus'dral to Lieutenand Commander K'lizh, ODN networks are fully operational once more.  I have run a Level one diagnostic for preliminry confirmation. =/\=

Kintiss

Quote from: Jada on January 13, 2018, 09:28:11 PM

She soon arrived in Sickbay, finding a team preparing themselves for the Teplanea mission. 'Doctor Kintiss?' she inquired, but soon found the large serpentine shape hunched over a desk in the office. She stood in the doorway, asking 'Doctor Kintiss? Lieutenant Solluk and I are working on a non-EM stun-weapon in case of conflict with the Teplaneans. We have an option for aerogel delivery of a knock-out drug. There are the standard humanoid-oriented compounds, but we didn't want to risk a bad reaction in those with the Blight. We were wondering if you could suggest anything?'

[Sickbay]

Kintiss was in the middle of examining a narrow metallic implement when Jada arrived. He placed it next to his terminal and put a hand to his chin.

"The Quickening isss quite resssissstant to outsssside agentssss," he replied. "That'sssss why we've not been able to find a cure. You sssshould be sssafe with mosssst compoundssss. I recommend Sssstirium Oxide for quick ressssultsss."

=/\="Almossssst ready, Captain. We'll be with you sssshortly," =/\= In truth, Kintiss had no idea how long it was going to take for his team to finish up. Research and replication of non-electronic medical equipment was taking longer than expected. Hopefully, they'd have everything they needed by the time they established orbit. They would have to familiarise themselves with the tools on the planet's surface.

Klizh

[Bridge]

"Aye, Captain," K'lizh started inputting calculations, but not before setting the ship's sensors to scan the region Dr. Bashir had stayed during his time there. It was the most logical place to start looking, particularly. And soon his console beeped, confirming his theory. "I think I know where that transmission came from," he declared.

Quote from: Jus'draal on January 14, 2018, 12:36:19 AM

=/\= Ensign Jus'dral to Lieutenand Commander K'lizh, ODN networks are fully operational once more.  I have run a Level one diagnostic for preliminry confirmation. =/\=

He tapped his bade.  =/\=Acknowledged, Ensign. Good work. =/\= He had to admit, though he didn't know Jus'draal well, it was interesting having a Klingon working underneath him. Say what you will about the way Klingon's smelled, they had one of the best work ethics in the Alpha Quadrant.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Jada

[Sickbay]

Quote from: Kintiss on January 14, 2018, 11:55:11 AM

"The Quickening isss quite resssissstant to outsssside agentssss," he replied. "That'sssss why we've not been able to find a cure. You sssshould be sssafe with mosssst compoundssss. I recommend Sssstirium Oxide for quick ressssultsss."

Once she'd extracted the name of the compound from the sibilance, Jada made note of it. Solluk would know how well it could be incorporated into his design. 'Okay, thanks, doctor. But I was worried less about the Quickening and more about negative reactions in those with it. Do you have any other recommendations regarding subduing them if they're hostile?'

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.