S2- M2 - Shatterpoint

Started by James A. Hawke, January 02, 2018, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: William Waring on January 12, 2018, 10:48:36 AM

[Deck 19 - ISS Extinction]

Will couldn't believe it! She smiled at him! He couldn't help but stammer a near endless line of gibberish before regaining himself. "A-actually ma'am" he began nervously, silently hoping that smile didn't fall to a scowl "Your assistance is needed in Access Room Three" he finished looking towards a set of doors that led to a room that no one was in. He only had one chance, and it was now or never.

[Deck 19: ISS Extinction]
Kinley eyed the young man, calculating the potential scenarios, and trying to figure out just what he was thinking, if he was even thinking at all. He was certainly excited about something all right. Did he even hear her order? Raising her eyebrow in questioning, she nodded. "Okay. Then you get straight to recalibrating. I want this done stat. "
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

William Waring

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on January 12, 2018, 06:56:34 PM

Kinley eyed the young man, calculating the potential scenarios, and trying to figure out just what he was thinking, if he was even thinking at all. He was certainly excited about something all right. Did he even hear her order? Raising her eyebrow in questioning, she nodded. "Okay. Then you get straight to recalibrating. I want this done stat. "

"Y-yes ma'am" he said nervously, waiting for her to depart to the room before following quietly.

[Deck 19 - Access Room Three]

Will slipped in and locked the door. "M-ma'am, I've locked the door and have dampened communications from this room" He wrung his hands nervously "I need your help mostly because no one else bothers with me." He looked up at her finally "I want to escape to the Federation. I just need your help."

RESERVED

Ser Conley

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 05, 2018, 01:01:27 PM

[USS Hephaestus-Corridors-ten minutes ago]

"Warp Core overload in 1 minute." Subversion 1.01 announced. "Please, be mindful. After your assured death in an antimatter explosion, please do try to not damage the Extinction. Thank you."

Ser's fast walk turn into a run as as he hear the proclamation of his own death.  He already tested his comm badge, they were as dead as he would be in a minutes.  It looked hopeless but he had one single ray of hope.  He yell at everyone he passed.  The same thing every time.

Follow me.  If you want to live."   A few didn't follow.  But soon a group of seven were tailing him down the corridors.  With twenty seconds left they made it to the shuttle bay doors.  They pried it open and were through the doors with twelve seconds left.   On a runabout with six left.   Pre flight skipped by three.  Bay door had a hole blown through it by one second.  And with one tenth of a seconds time, the runabout shoot out of the shuttle bay opening at warp one.

[Runabout-present]

The left nacelle is dead.  Lieutenant."
Ensign Murray said.  From his console.  Ser knew this already but decided it was better not to antagonize some when they both had just escape death by a millisecond.

"Thanks."  Was all he said.  They had turned off all major systems except for life support and scanners.  They needed to stay off of that behemoth's scanners until it left.

They watched as the planet closes to them burned.   Everyone was quiet for a long time.

After the ship left Orbit.  What was left of the Hephaestus crew tried to bring life back to the runabout, but soon find it was all they could do to keep life support up and running.

"Lieutenant, I'm reading another ship.  It's still always off, about an hour out." Henry said

"Can you tell who it is?" Ser asked.

"Give me a second.  The computer sluggish.  The... USS Shran."� Ensign Henry said.

You got to be kidding." Ser said.

"What?" Murray said.

"That the tenth fleet." Ser replied.

"And?" Murray said on the edge of losing his patients.

"And!" Ser replied.  "If something strange and dangerous is happening then tenth is never far behind.  Got a comm signal out to them now."� Ser said.

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Ser Conley on January 13, 2018, 08:10:34 PM

Ser's fast walk turn into a run as as he hear the proclamation of his own death.  He already tested his comm badge, they were as dead as he would be in a minutes.  It looked hopeless but he had one single ray of hope.  He yell at everyone he passed.  The same thing every time.

Follow me.  If you want to live."   A few didn't follow.  But soon a group of seven were tailing him down the corridors.  With twenty seconds left they made it to the shuttle bay doors.  They pried it open and were through the doors with twelve seconds left.   On a runabout with six left.   Pre flight skipped by three.  Bay door had a hole blown through it by one second.  And with one tenth of a seconds time, the runabout shoot out of the shuttle bay opening at warp one.

[Runabout-present]

The left nacelle is dead.  Lieutenant."
Ensign Murray said.  From his console.  Ser knew this already but decided it was better not to antagonize some when they both had just escape death by a millisecond.

"Thanks."  Was all he said.  They had turned off all major systems except for life support and scanners.  They needed to stay off of that behemoth's scanners until it left.

They watched as the planet closes to them burned.   Everyone was quiet for a long time.

After the ship left Orbit.  What was left of the Hephaestus crew tried to bring life back to the runabout, but soon find it was all they could do to keep life support up and running.

"Lieutenant, I'm reading another ship.  It's still always off, about an hour out." Henry said

"Can you tell who it is?" Ser asked.

"Give me a second.  The computer sluggish.  The... USS Shran." Ensign Henry said.

You got to be kidding." Ser said.

"What?" Murray said.

"That the tenth fleet." Ser replied.

"And?" Murray said on the edge of losing his patients.

"And!" Ser replied.  "If something strange and dangerous is happening then tenth is never far behind.  Got a comm signal out to them now." Ser said.

Bridge

As the Shran arrived at the co-ordinates given, Katcha dropped the ship out of Warp and immediately began to scan the area with the navigation sensors. This was primarily to make sure they did not accidentally hit anything, but was also handy for giving them the heads up of anything that shouldn't be there.

What was there was devastation. The remains of a Galaxy class vessel, the Hephaestus she assumed, was scattered over a large area. Looked like an anti-matter explosion, similar to a warp core breach. While she was looking round, she found something peculiar.

"Keptin, zere seems to be a Runabout on ze far side of ze planet. It appears to be damaged but has power. Maybe zere survivors to votever caused zis?" She reported, hoping Will could get more information.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: William Waring on January 12, 2018, 07:25:53 PM

"Y-yes ma'am" he said nervously, waiting for her to depart to the room before following quietly.

[Deck 19 - Access Room Three]

Will slipped in and locked the door. "M-ma'am, I've locked the door and have dampened communications from this room" He wrung his hands nervously "I need your help mostly because no one else bothers with me." He looked up at her finally "I want to escape to the Federation. I just need your help."

[Deck 19: Access Room 3]
Kinley blinked, taken slightly aback by what the Petty Officer was trying to say. Was he serious? He looked serious. "Are you freaking kidding me?! Do you want to be dinner to that....THING that Commander Jaeger likes to play with?" She asked, trying to make sense of what he was saying. "Please tell me there's at least some plan for all this. Once they find out that you've escaped they will stop at nothing to have you dead. You hear? Nothing! And you've dragged me into this as well!" She paced the floor, uncertain about the mess she had just gotten into.
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

William Waring

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 13, 2018, 08:47:50 PM

Bridge

As the Shran arrived at the co-ordinates given, Katcha dropped the ship out of Warp and immediately began to scan the area with the navigation sensors. This was primarily to make sure they did not accidentally hit anything, but was also handy for giving them the heads up of anything that shouldn't be there.

What was there was devastation. The remains of a Galaxy class vessel, the Hephaestus she assumed, was scattered over a large area. Looked like an anti-matter explosion, similar to a warp core breach. While she was looking round, she found something peculiar.

"Keptin, zere seems to be a Runabout on ze far side of ze planet. It appears to be damaged but has power. Maybe zere survivors to votever caused zis?" She reported, hoping Will could get more information.

[Bridge]

"Standby" he said as he changed to check the sensor readouts "Definitely a runabout and it appears to have come the Hephaestus. I'm reading a few lifesigns. Kinley, can you get me a more accurate reading on those lifesigns?" he said as his console beeped from the communications panel. "Communication inbound from the runabout. Putting it through the speakers now". Once the signal was steady he sent a message to the runabout.

=A= Unidentified Runabout, this is Operations aboard the USS Shran, your message has been received. You are now through Bridge Comms, go ahead. =A=

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on January 13, 2018, 08:52:18 PM

[Deck 19: Access Room 3]
Kinley blinked, taken slightly aback by what the Petty Officer was trying to say. Was he serious? He looked serious. "Are you freaking kidding me?! Do you want to be dinner to that....THING that Commander Jaeger  likes to play with?" She asked, trying to make sense of what he was saying. "Please tell me there's at least some plan for all this. Once they find out that you've escaped they will stop at nothing to have you dead. You hear? Nothing! And you've dragged me into this as well!" She paced the floor, uncertain about the mess she had just gotten into.

[Mirror Universe - ISS Extinction - Deck 19 -Access Room 3]

"C-chief" he said as he searched through some files on his PADD "Y-you're the only person I trust." he said as he handed her the PADD that contained the recent video of the weapons firing "T-that's the devastation our Empire has been causing. H-how are we supposed to let that go on? C-civilians, women and children were there".

He paused to let it all sink in before continuing "I-I do have a plan, yes. N-next time the weapon fires we make it look like we were in one of these super-heated sections" he brought up the rooms in question and showed her "I-it's not really know because no one mans them, but they get hot before weapon activation and can vaporize anyone when it does fire. W-we fake our deaths and disappear." he looked uneasy before the next sentence "A-and to be honest, I think you're quite attractive..."

Quickly deactivating the field and unlocking the door he waited to see her response, bracing for the inevitable punishment he was bound to receive.

RESERVED

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 10, 2018, 09:45:52 PM

[Prime Universe - Holodeck 1]
James looked at the crew was working on  set on the Volleyball routes.  He then noticed Dr. Meadows coming in.  With a child.

James looked at Meadows and walked in.  He moved his head slightly sideways in confusion and he see Meadows with a child.

James approached the child and bended to one knee.  He extended his hand and  said "Hi Stephen, my name is James.  I work with your mom, you should be proud of her, she helps to take care everyone on the ship."

James smiled as he finished the statement and stood up.  As he was clearly taller than the child he took the time to mess the child hair.  He looked around and then continued

"C'mon, let's play"  James said and he encourage everyone to play at their post.

James smiled and then continued "Garrison, you don't need to be to be formal in this ship, just do your job.  Speak your mind

James continued the smacktalk to Ardy and just replied "Watch it! With Age and Rank comes wisdom!"

James then noticed Will asking for a Bar lucky he did plan on having a bar with drink. He noticed the new Chief Science Officer talking to Will.

James smiled and tried to approach his XO, he gave her a pat in the back and said "Part of growing up is by tunings you self in uncomfortable situations.  Just try and if you fail, then laugh moments like this can be few and far between"

Before he finished he said "All right, LET'S GO!"

As he finished yelling he heard a message in the comms.

As he was waiting the serve James just yelled "C'MON YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME?!"

With that he shook his head and said to himself "Why does this always have to happen?"

With that he left the Holodeck to the bridge.

[Bridge]

James entered the bridge and ordered "Report"

A officer responded "We have a message from Starfleet, Sir!"

James sat on the Captain's Char and said "Alright let's hear it"

James then stood from the chair and ordered "Helm, plot of a course to that system Maximum Warp" James said

He then looked at the XO and said "Take us to Yellow Alert"

He looked toward science and asked "Scan for any anomalies"

He turned to ops and said "Will, I want to know everything about the ship...how competent they were the CO and XO...look to see if there are any clues"

He looked at Ardy and said "Take control of the Shuttle Area, we might need them"

Finally to Medical "Dr. Meadows, find if there are any major illness in the area that might explain this, let's not take the risk that we are getting into a plague"

"Everyone, let's figure this out"  James said to everyone outloud

[Prime universe:Bridge]
Ardyn nodded. "I'll head out right away." She said, dragging Ensign Murphy by the arm as she exited the room "Come on Murphy. Help me prep the shuttles."

[Shuttlebay 1]
Ardyn finished readying the shuttle with the practiced ease of experience. All the shuttles were ready should the opportunity arise. And they would likely be needed. =/\= "James, all the shuttles are ready and waiting for launch. What do you need me to do?"

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Ser Conley

Quote from: William Waring on January 13, 2018, 10:32:31 PM

[Bridge]

=A= Unidentified Runabout, this is Operations aboard the USS Shran, your message has been received. You are now through Bridge Comms, go ahead. =A=

Ser held back a sigh of relief, as he heard the comm channel connect.   This was just all apart of the plan, so far as the crewman on the runabout were concerned.

=/\="USS Shran, this is the... survivors of the USS Hephaestus. Requesting pick up ASAP.  No major injuries, runabout degrading fast."=/\=

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Ser Conley on January 14, 2018, 02:52:48 AM

Ser held back a sigh of relief, as he heard the comm channel connect.   This was just all apart of the plan, so far as the crewman on the runabout were concerned.

"USS Shran, this is the... survivors of the USS Hephaestus. Requesting pick up ASAP.  No major injuries, runabout degrading fast."

Bridge

Katcha heard the transmission and immediately plotted a course around the debris. Once that was done, she activated the impulse drive at 1/4 power and soon the Shran was almost on top of the Runabout. She then cut the engines and using the thrusters, swung the ship around so the Runabout could be towed into the min shuttle bay. Once they were in position she looked at Will.

"Ve are in position for ze tractor beam." She informed the Ops officer.

Rebel ship Aeries - Bridge

After the incident, Katcha had been prowling around the Bridge for hours, making all the personnel present extremely nervous. She was waiting for something to happen and her combat trained instincts told her it would be soon. The Aeries had the best sensors in the Rebellion and they were being used to monitor the area of the attack.

"Colonel?" A nervous man said.

"Yes?" She replied, instantly at his side.

"Another ship has dropped out of Warp near the remains of the Ship." He reported.

"On screen!" She ordered.

A few seconds later the new ship appeared on the screen, she did not recognise the class. She turned back to the officer.

"Do you recognise it?" She asked.

"No Colonel. It bears no resemblance to anything I am familiar with. It is longer and sleeker than the one that was attacked and I am showing far more firepower." He replied.

'Hmm!' She thought to herself. 'Maybe the Federation can deal with the Extinction after all!'

"Keep an eye on them. We need to know if they plan to attack so we can try and escape." She ordered.

"Yes Ma'am." He replied.

Katcha resumed her prowling, keeping an eye on the mysterious new arrival.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

[Ruth's Quarter's - USS Shran, a few moments before the Yellow Alert sounded]

Ruth had also arrived on the runabout bearing the Sec/Tack Ensign a few hours earlier.  She had unpacked and tried to relax a little as she had been told that most of the people she needed to report to were having some sort of relaxing time on the holodeck and were not to be disturbed bar an emergency.  She'd been a First Officer prior to having to run back to Earth to sort out her family following the death of her parents and Kurt, and get the girls somewhere safe.  She knew the importance of down time for anyone DH and above.  So, she let them get on with it.  According to the rota she wasn't on duty until Alpha shift tomorrow anyhow.

Since that idea had been totally shattered by the klaxxon blaring out a Yellow Alert, she slipped on her boots figuring this would be as good as good a time as any to make her presence known.

Bridge - USS Shran

Standing just inside the Bridge as she stepped from the turbolift, Ruth surveyed the area like she owned it.  Giving a little shake of her head she reminded herself that she was merely a Science officer and looked to that area.  She saw what she thought was an Ensign up at the Science area, then she caught the pips on the collar.  'My Gods!' she thought to herself, 'My DH is just a baby bless her... I'm gonna have to tread carefully on this one'

Her eyes scanning the room she froze when her eyes hit ... Will Waring.

Recollecting herself, she knew that her announcement would cause shockwaves as at least half the people on that Bridge knew her or knew of her, as they thought she'd left the Fleet for good.

"Lieutenant Ruth Sigurdsdottir, reporting for duty, Permission to enter the Bridge, Sir!" she rattled off formally to Capt. Hawke, knowing James would probably raise a bemused eyebrow and smile his rather disarmingly handsome smile towards her.  Katcha would probably be shocked but then carry on in her ever efficient Russian way, however, the shock might kill Will.  Ruth looked around for a coffee machine just in case it were needed.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 14, 2018, 07:06:54 AM

After the incident, Katcha had been prowling around the Bridge for hours, making all the personnel present extremely nervous. She was waiting for something to happen and her combat trained instincts told her it would be soon. The Aeries had the best sensors in the Rebellion and they were being used to monitor the area of the attack.

"Colonel?" A nervous man said.

"Yes?" She replied, instantly at his side.

"Another ship has dropped out of Warp near the remains of the Ship." He reported.

"On screen!" She ordered.

A few seconds later the new ship appeared on the screen, she did not recognise the class. She turned back to the officer.

"Do you recognise it?" She asked.

"No Colonel. It bears no resemblance to anything I am familiar with. It is longer and sleeker than the one that was attacked and I am showing far more firepower." He replied.

'Hmm!' She thought to herself. 'Maybe the Federation can deal with the Extinction after all!'

"Keep an eye on them. We need to know if they plan to attack so we can try and escape." She ordered.

"Yes Ma'am." He replied.

Katcha resumed her prowling, keeping an eye on the mysterious new arrival.

Bridge - Rebel Ship Ares

Ruth had got bored sitting in her quarters so decided to wander up to the Bridge where her fellow assassin Katcha was.  They could always play 'closest to the target' if things were a little slow.

Upon entering the Bridge carring her axes, knives stuck in strategic places about her person and in her boots

"So, Katcha.... what gives?!" she drawled, contemplatively eyeing the back of several heads.

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 14, 2018, 12:09:57 PM

Bridge - Rebel Ship Ares

Ruth had got bored sitting in her quarters so decided to wander up to the Bridge where her fellow assassin Katcha was.  They could always play 'closest to the target' if things were a little slow.

Upon entering the Bridge carring her axes, knives stuck in strategic places about her person and in her boots

"So, Katcha.... what gives?!" she drawled, contemplatively eyeing the back of several heads.

Katcha turned at the sound of the familiar voice and smiled.

"Hey Babe." She replied before stepping closer. "You know you should really use rank here. I know it doesn't matter to us 'Major', but these guys." She paused and indicated the rest of the Bridge whose officers were watching the pair in almost panic. "Seem to need it." She paused again and took a step back. "A new ship has arrived, a far more powerful one. So far it has done nothing but we are keeping an eye on it."

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 14, 2018, 01:49:05 PM

Katcha turned at the sound of the familiar voice and smiled.

"Hey Babe." She replied before stepping closer. "You know you should really use rank here. I know it doesn't matter to us 'Major', but these guys." She paused and indicated the rest of the Bridge whose officers were watching the pair in almost panic. "Seem to need it." She paused again and took a step back. "A new ship has arrived, a far more powerful one. So far it has done nothing but we are keeping an eye on it."

Rebel Ship - Bridge

"Da, da, tovarishcha!" Ruth joked with Katcha, before pulling the huge knife out of her boot.  "Got a feeling that this pulls more rank tho!" she said experimentally waving the blade through the air and watching the junior staff pale or turn green and look worried.

"Wimps!" she muttered under her breath.

"So... this ship, have we pinged it to see what's what, or we just watching... fire a torpedo across the bow? Wake them up a little?!" Ruth said licking her lips like the Shran was a particularly juicy plum ripe for the plucking and eating!

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 14, 2018, 02:33:01 PM

Rebel Ship - Bridge

"Da, da, tovarishcha!" Ruth joked with Katcha, before pulling the huge knife out of her boot.  "Got a feeling that this pulls more rank tho!" she said experimentally waving the blade through the air and watching the junior staff pale or turn green and look worried.

"Wimps!" she muttered under her breath.

"So... this ship, have we pinged it to see what's what, or we just watching... fire a torpedo across the bow? Wake them up a little?!" Ruth said licking her lips like the Shran was a particularly juicy plum ripe for the plucking and eating!

Rebel Ship Aeries - Bridge

Katcha shook her head, whether in amusement or despair was any ones guess.

"That is so nekul'turnyy my dear!" She said. "Besides, we have neither the firepower nor the shields to take it on. We need to stay tucked up here and we certainly can't ping them. If the Extinction discover us attached to their hull then they will make short work of us." She finished, looking around the Bridge to make sure they all got the point.

Pulling out one of her own knives, she threw it so it hit the bulkhead less than an inch from the tactical officers head. This caused the man to go so pale that Katcha thought he might faint, piss himself or even both.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 14, 2018, 03:28:48 PM

Katcha shook her head, whether in amusement or despair was any ones guess.

"That is so nekul'turnyy my dear!" She said. "Besides, we have neither the firepower nor the shields to take it on. We need to stay tucked up here and we certainly can't ping them. If the Extinction discover us attached to their hull then they will make short work of us." She finished, looking around the Bridge to make sure they all got the point.

Pulling out one of her own knives, she threw it so it hit the bulkhead less than an inch from the tactical officers head. This caused the man to go so pale that Katcha thought he might faint, piss himself or even both.

Ruth frowned at the mention of 'nekulturnyy'...

"I agree but would've been fun to get them a little rattled."  She was barely supressing a giggle at the sight of the tactical officer, the guy had turned so pale as to be almost transparent.

"Are these really our crew?!" she asked of Filitov gesturing at the assembled bridge crew with the point of her knife.  "Are you sure the local kintergarten didn't have a mass outbreak?!"

She began counting around the heads of the crew pointing individually with her knife as if deciding who to hurl it at.  "Eeeny Meeny Miney Mo... at which head, this knife to throw...They're all so scared, sitting ducks, almost takes the fun out of it doesn't it m'dear?!"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.