Author Topic: S2- M2 - Shatterpoint  (Read 62806 times)

Offline Ruth Sigurdsdottir

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • It's clearly illogical.
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2- M2 - Shatterpoint
« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2018, 07:38:58 am »
[Tigris]

Julia sat down in a chair at the rear of the cabin while Ruth moved the craft into the asteroid field. While Ruth worked she carefully checked the PADD to ensure that it hadn't been accessed. "Oh it's just a duty roster." Julia said with a slight nervous chuckle.

As they entered the field Ruth congradulated Julia on her new role. "Thank you. It took me by surprise. I surmise that the info on this PADD likely had something todo with it." She said. "It's been quite the ride, Ruth, but everything is going well. What took you to the Shran, anyway?" She asked.

Runabout Tigris

Ruth gave a wry chuckle, then uttered one word.  "Will..."

She took a deep breath and let it out on a sigh.

"OK we're stuck here for a while so I'll try to keep it short but might as well tell you.  Basically, Mum, Dad and Rolf my older brother were killed in a motor accident 10 months ago, which is why I had to skedaddle from the Tempest to go settle affairs at the farm and make sure that the twins were adequately cared for.  That's all sorted now."

She pushed a strand of hair back from her face and blinked away the tears since the next bit was still hard for her.

"I think you know Will, Waring that is, and I were dating.  Well we always said that the only way we'd never contact each other would be if I was dead, or he was.  I know about a month went by and I hadn't contacted him, we don't have a console at the farm, there's barely anything technical there at all, so I had written dispatches, I believe I sent you one, whether it got to you or not is another matter, and I gave them to my neighbour... he was being very kind or so I thought.  He must've read my letters en route to the dispatches office as not one of my messages got to Will.  He was the one that I ran away from home when my father was going to force me to marry him incidentally."

She passed a hand over her eyes and tried to clear her head.

"I found out once I'd got the girls settled with foster care on Columbus that Will was on the Shran and applied for a post there as a Science Officer, it meant a rank reduction but well... that was that.  I show up on the bridge and Will fainted... he thought he'd seen a ghost.  Once he came round he has a tirade at me and tells me that on the night that I disappeared he was going to propose to me but well... with one thing and another... he's moved on.  I don't know for certain but I think it's Lt.Comm. Garrison... so I hope they find her."

She shrugged and smiled.  "Yeah so... that's how I ended up on the Shran, but I'm going to put in for a transfer, I think it's fairer to Will and Kinley if it is her that he's moved on to.  She's a lovely girl and I hope they'll be happy... but it's better that I'm out of the way."

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Offline Kalro Zolarim

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2018, 11:46:50 am »
ENERGIZING

ISS Extinction - Rescue Team

Perhaps the most startling thing about being ripped to subatomic pieces and hurled thousands of kilometers away was that you couldn't feel it.  Not really.  There was a mild tingling sensation, a shimmering field of light.  But nothing to suggest the horrific reality of what being transported was about.   Even your consciousness remained seemingly uninterrupted, though every particle of your mind was seized, shredded, tossed, and reassembled elsewhere.   It was a miracle of modern science.

But nothing close to the miracle that surviving this mission would be.

The dimly lit bulkheads and decks of the Extinction replaced the brightly lit transporter room of the Shran.  Kalro's weapon was up, seeking a target.  The other members of his away team fanned out to the left and right, covering the nearby intersection of corridors. 

"Sir." Nestor said.   Kalro stepped forward, glancing to see what had Nestor's attention.  It was a body.  Apparently blasted through the chest.  No doubt part of whatever mutiny was ongoing aboard this ship. 

"This way," Kalro said, heading down the correct corridor.   Correct, if their map of the Extinction was accurate.  As they proceeded, he tapped his badge. 

=/\= Away Team to the Shran, Landing area secure.  No resistance yet.  Proceeding to target zone. =/\=

Behind him, Z'Nek's tricorder whirred as he scanned the path ahead.  "Sensor dampening in the corridor.  Could be a trap."

Then, as if the enemy heard the declaration, doors opened on either side of the corridor and phaser barrels pointed out, flooding the area with deadly beams.  The team scattered, falling to the deck and its corners.  It was a miracle that no-one was hit.

Once the initial volley was past, heads poked out to see what damage had been wrought.  Kalro had his Type III phaser set for wide beam, and pressed the trigger.  A broad flash of rapid nadions burst up the corridor, momentarily stunning those who had braved a peek.  Briggs immediately followed with precise taps on his own rifle, sending narrow beams to pick off the ambushers.  It happened fast, and soon four bodies clattered to the deck. 

Silence. 

Z'Nek's tricorder whirred again.  "Sensor dampening just dropped."

"Increase power to our portable scrambler, I think they're going to try to beam us-"  Kalro didn't get to finish his sentence before a characteristic whine filled the hall.  Fortunately, Z'Nek, who was handling their utilitarian gear, was quick to respond.  The annular confinement beam of the Extinction's transporter never got ahold of them.

"We are good," Z'Nek confirmed.

"All right, let's keep moving.  They'll have more defenders dispatched to our location momentarily."

He tapped his badge, =/\= Met with some resistance.  Proceeding to the brig.  =/\=

The ship shuddered as they marched ahead to the Extinction's brig.  No doubt, the Shran was keeping the vessel busy and its shields offline, as per the plan.  Hopefully, no serious damage would penetrate to this deck.

Reaching the door to the brig, the team moved to either side of the doorway.   As expected, the door was locked. 

"I've got this," Nestor announced, and moved to plant an explosive on the door.   This was a shaped Trilithic charge, designed to send all of its explosive energy through the door and into the room.  It was a gamble, because if the prisoners were not behind shielded cells, they could be injured.   But any defenders lying in wait within the room would also be injured. 

Once the explosive was placed, Nestor nodded to Kalro.  Kalro nodded back.   

The detonation sent a concussion wave through the group, and blasted the security doors inward.  Despite the majority of the blast being directed into the door and into the brig, Kalro was still momentarily disoriented by the explosion.  Shaking it off, he stepped into the doorway, sending a preemptive wide-beam into the room.   

He needn't have bothered.  There had been two security crewmen here, but they'd been knocked unconscious by the blast.  The various cells here were energized.  And there were special devices here.  Cylinders within which prisoners were kept in a perpetual state of pain- moaning or shouting in agony.  Kalro didn't see their target, however:  The officer from the Shran.

"She's not here," Z'Nek confirmed, taking readings with his tricorder.

Kalro's eyes were still on the prisoners inside of these perpetual torture chambers.

=/\= The away team has arrived at the brig.  Our target is not here.  Repeat:  Our target is not here.  There are... some kind of torture chambers present.  With people inside.  They are... screaming in agony.  I...  Shran... should we release them? =/\=

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:53:19 am by Kalro Zolarim »

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • What goes up, must come down!
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: February 17, 2018, 02:00:17 pm »
ENERGIZING

Perhaps the most startling thing about being ripped to subatomic pieces and hurled thousands of kilometers away was that you couldn't feel it.  Not really.  There was a mild tingling sensation, a shimmering field of light.  But nothing to suggest the horrific reality of what being transported was about.   Even your consciousness remained seemingly uninterrupted, though every particle of your mind was seized, shredded, tossed, and reassembled elsewhere.   It was a miracle of modern science.

But nothing close to the miracle that surviving this mission would be.

The dimly lit bulkheads and decks of the Extinction replaced the brightly lit transporter room of the Shran.  Kalro's weapon was up, seeking a target.  The other members of his away team fanned out to the left and right, covering the nearby intersection of corridors. 

"Sir." Nestor said.   Kalro stepped forward, glancing to see what had Nestor's attention.  It was a body.  Apparently blasted through the chest.  No doubt part of whatever mutiny was ongoing aboard this ship. 

"This way," Kalro said, heading down the correct corridor.   Correct, if their map of the Extinction was accurate.  As they proceeded, he tapped his badge. 

=/\= Away Team to the Shran, Landing area secure.  No resistance yet.  Proceeding to target zone. =/\=

Behind him, Z'Nek's tricorder whirred as he scanned the path ahead.  "Sensor dampening in the corridor.  Could be a trap."

Then, as if the enemy heard the declaration, doors opened on either side of the corridor and phaser barrels pointed out, flooding the area with deadly beams.  The team scattered, falling to the deck and its corners.  It was a miracle that no-one was hit.

Once the initial volley was past, heads poked out to see what damage had been wrought.  Kalro had his Type III phaser set for wide beam, and pressed the trigger.  A broad flash of rapid nadions burst up the corridor, momentarily stunning those who had braved a peek.  Briggs immediately followed with precise taps on his own rifle, sending narrow beams to pick off the ambushers.  It happened fast, and soon four bodies clattered to the deck. 

Silence. 

Z'Nek's tricorder whirred again.  "Sensor dampening just dropped."

"Increase power to our portable scrambler, I think they're going to try to beam us-"  Kalro didn't get to finish his sentence before a characteristic whine filled the hall.  Fortunately, Z'Nek, who was handling their utilitarian gear, was quick to respond.  The annular confinement beam of the Extinction's transporter never got ahold of them.

"We are good," Z'Nek confirmed.

"All right, let's keep moving.  They'll have more defenders dispatched to our location momentarily."

He tapped his badge, =/\= Met with some resistance.  Proceeding to the brig.  =/\=

The ship shuddered as they marched ahead to the Extinction's brig.  No doubt, the Shran was keeping the vessel busy and its shields offline, as per the plan.  Hopefully, no serious damage would penetrate to this deck.

Reaching the door to the brig, the team moved to either side of the doorway.   As expected, the door was locked. 

"I've got this," Nestor announced, and moved to plant an explosive on the door.   This was a shaped Trilithic charge, designed to send all of its explosive energy through the door and into the room.  It was a gamble, because if the prisoners were not behind shielded cells, they could be injured.   But any defenders lying in wait within the room would also be injured. 

Once the explosive was placed, Nestor nodded to Kalro.  Kalro nodded back.   

The detonation sent a concussion wave through the group, and blasted the security doors inward.  Despite the majority of the blast being directed into the door and into the brig, Kalro was still momentarily disoriented by the explosion.  Shaking it off, he stepped into the doorway, sending a preemptive wide-beam into the room.   

He needn't have bothered.  There had been two security crewmen here, but they'd been knocked unconscious by the blast.  The various cells here were energized.  And there were special devices here.  Cylinders within which prisoners were kept in a perpetual state of pain- moaning or shouting in agony.  Kalro didn't see their target, however:  The officer from the Shran.

"She's not here," Z'Nek confirmed, taking readings with his tricorder.

Kalro's eyes were still on the prisoners inside of these perpetual torture chambers.

=/\= The away team has arrived at the brig.  Our target is not here.  Repeat:  Our target is not here.  There are... some kind of torture chambers present.  With people inside.  They are... screaming in agony.  I...  Shran... should we release them? =/\=

Transporter Room Two - Mirror

Katcha heard the Extraction team beam out first, then it was their turn.

They materialised on a corridor leading towards the Bridge that was swarming with people trying to access it. Whether they were mutineers or not, she had no time to ask.

Deck One - ISS Extinction - Mirror

As soon as they materialised, her whole team began shooting, taking more than few of the crew down before they even tried shooting back. They took cover and a serious exchange of fire happened, but her team were good and soon the last of the Extinctions crew lay dead on the deck.

Katcha then got to her feet and turned to two of her team.

"Find the life support junction for this deck and destroy it. I want no unexpected substances coming through to the Bridge." She ordered.

"Aye Colonel." They both replied and soon found what they were looking for.

With practised ease, they opened the main junction and rigged it to collapse. Katcha meanwhile had found a computer terminal.

"Damn! All controls have been routed to the Bridge and locked. That means we'll have to get inside to take down their shields and weapons.

"Fire in the hole!" Once of the men called.

The whole team took cover then there was a explosion and Katcha heard life support shut down.

"Good. Now let's get the Bridge doors open and toss in a stun grenade. I want the computer terminals working if at all possible."

They made their way to the Bridge and quickly prised the doors open enough to throw in 4 stun grenades. They then allowed the doors to close to await the explosion.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2018, 05:41:17 pm »
[USS Shran, Bridge]

After the away teams beamed aboard the Extinction, Caelene transferred whatever additional power she could find to shields, flight, and weapons. They would need all three to keep themselves as intact as possible while the teams did their work. She turned towards Ardy, "Evasive maneuvers, we need to keep their attention as long as possible."

"Ensign Cooper, keep firing. Try to avoid the areas our teams are in - focus on their own weapons, warp systems, and anything else to keep them busy," the Trill ordered. She saw the young woman nod, her hands moving across the Tactical console.

As the rescue team moved through the Extinction, Caelene heard Kalro's updates. So far, things seemed to be going as well as could be expected. Hopefully it would remain that way and Kinley would be where they suspected. If not, things would get a lot more dangerous and it could be difficult to find her. She frowned at the thought.

Thus far, she hadn't heard anything from the Colonel's away team. If they took the bridge, that would theoretically help the Shran, but she still couldn't entirely trust the mirror universe version of Katcha. Besides, there was the AI to deal with as well...

Caelene closed her eyes briefly, shaking her head. Kinley wasn't in the brig. This was not good... She listened to the rest of Kalro's report and nearly replied right away, but paused. They knew nothing about these prisoners and, if they had been tortured for who knew how long, they could be rather dangerous or unstable. Still, could she really let them continue to be tortured?

Considering the options, the Trill replied, =A=Tam to rescue team. Primary objective is still to locate and retrieve Lieutenant Commander Garrison. As for the other prisoners, perhaps see if you can quickly disable the torture controls but leave them confined or release them from the chambers but secure them somewhere. We don't know what state of mind they'll be in after their ordeal and we don't need more potential hostiles loose on the ship. Use your best judgment.=A=

Was it the right thing to do? The smart thing to do? Caelene wasn't sure. She didn't want them to suffer, but there were a lot of lives at stake. Kinley could be running out of time...the away teams and the Shran could be running out of time. They needed to move quickly. Maybe she should have told Kalro to leave them and return later. Whatever choice or order she gave would have consequences; time would tell what they were.

OFF: Tag Shran bridge, Kalro

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Michael Ferdinand

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2018, 06:13:44 pm »
[ISS Extinction]
[AS MIRROR SAM]
Fascinating. It appeared that the people from the "mirror" universe had boarded the ship. Sam found it somewhat humorus that almost a moment after the Captain had considered flooding the bridge with neurotoxin, this way team from the warship had arrived. Why was that? He didn't need to ponder for long before overhearing someone shout "She's not here!" loudly from the brig. Ah, the girl. Perhaps....

[As Mirror Alyssa]
Alyssa was weighing her options. She didn't care how long it took to get the bridge back, the true bridge was wherever she determined it would be for the time being. If it was the quickest way to get rid of Ardy, she would do it. "Good, let's..."

"Captain Meadows, before you give the order, I feel like I must inform you of a status change occurring on the Extinction." Sam interrupted. "Moments ago, a boarding party arrived on the vessel. I believe they are searching for the woman that you currently have in your possession. One is currently on the bridge."

Alyssa turned to face the young woman next to her. A series of thoughts went through her mind from possibly killing her where she stood now to skinning her alive. Yet throughout all of those thoughts, there was a peculiar one that stood out to her.

"Sam, where is the other boarding party?"

"It's funny you should ask..."

[A few moments later]
Alyssa escorted Kinley into the brig upon Sam's recommendation. She had one hand on Kinley's back and the other one her phaser. If things didn't turn out how she planned, she would take out as many as she could. She realized this was a suicide mission, but given the likelihood of this entire situation, Alyssa was eighty percent sure that she was never going to make it back home.

The doors to the brig hissed open and Alyssa gave Kinley a shove. "Come on." She noticed them all at once- they had the same uniforms that the girl did, but for some reason, the thought of them all looking a bit too baggy couldn't escape her mind. She wanted to laugh at this situation, either laugh or lash out, but she didn't have the capacity to do that. "I have your girl." Alyssa said but quickly continued speaking before anyone else could get a word in. "My ship is currently going through a mutiny. If you want her back, you can have her, but I want you, and your friends on my bridge, gone immediately, you got that? Leave now, and I will cease all hostilities with your vessel and your....Federation. " She realized how this might have sounded to the intruders-- she herself wouldn't have believed it with her own ears had the shoe been on the other foot. "This is not a trick. I need to get my ship back in line and I can't deal with everyone and their mother right now."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:19:54 pm by Alyssa Meadows »

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Offline Kalro Zolarim

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2018, 08:23:00 pm »
Extinction - Brig - Rescue Team

Kalro listened to the orders coming in from the Shran.

=/\= Acknowledged. =/\=

Then he turned to Z'Nek, "See if you can figure out how these torture chambers work.  We're at least going to shut down the pain function.  I'm not leaving these people in perpetual torment."    

"Yes, Sir," Z'Nek said, giving the chambers a scan with his tricorder before scrutinizing the controls.

It occurred to Kalro that since they were just going to blow up the Extinction anyway, it might be a moot point.  These prisoners were all going to be consumed by an explosion of super-heated plasma soon. 

Then again, there was no reason for these prisoners to spend their last minutes of life in torment. 

He briefly wondered if he should free them.  Escort them to the nearest escape pods and order them to-

His line of thought was interrupted when a new figure strode through the place where the brig doors had once stood.  Kalro and his entire away team swiveled their weapons towards this apparent threat.

It was one of the mirror counterparts.  A mirror version of Meadows.  And she had Kinley.

"I have your girl," Mirror Meadows said, "My ship is currently going through a mutiny. If you want her back, you can have her, but I want you, and your friends on my bridge, gone immediately, you got that? Leave now, and I will cease all hostilities with your vessel and your....Federation.  This is not a trick. I need to get my ship back in line and I can't deal with everyone and their mother right now."

Kalro felt his heart thumping in his chest again, his blood roaring in his ears.  This was one of the worst possible scenarios- their officer held hostage.

He knew he couldn't trust this Meadows.  And he certainly couldn't allow her to retake this ship.  Even if she miraculously kept her word, spared the Federation, and returned to her own universe... what then?  She would report that the Federation had fallen easily to their weapons.  That she'd managed to engage multiple Federation ships successfully, and come away without serious harm. 

That would only encourage a future invasion.

And that- an invasion of dozens or hundreds of Extinction type vessels- that would be an outcome much worse than losing one officer.

"We aren't here to rescue her," Kalro said flatly, "We're here to kill her so that she can't talk."

A lie.  But perhaps one that would be believed by one of the sinister servants of the Empire.  All he hoped for was that surprise and alarm might seize the enemy's mind for an instant.

He then pressed the trigger on his phaser rifle, sending a wide-beam blast of rapid nadions towards the bodies of Mirror Meadows and their own Kinley. 

Kalro reasoned that once they were both stunned, he could collect Kinley, plant the explosives, and get out.

Offline Michael Ferdinand

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: February 17, 2018, 08:57:42 pm »
[ISS Extinction- Brig]
What? They weren't here to save her? But
...but that made no sense. If they didn't want her, they should have let her be. She was a prisoner of this quasi war and would have been executed by the end of the week. But they were here....to kill her? Something didn't add up.

She didn't have much longer to think before the boarding party began firing. She feigned a smirk and rose an eyebrow. "Well then." she said. "You can HAVE her." She shoved Kinley towards the boarding party, hoping the girl got hit. In the next instant she turned on her heel and began running out.

Alyssa was almost to the door when the shot hit her square in the back. The shot felt like a knife in her back, the sensation burning her entire backside. Her knees buckled and she hit the floor.

I'm not dead...  she thought to herself. But how? The shot should have killed her where she stood but she was still here breathing. The boarding party didn't need to know that. As long as she didn't move, she would be okay.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Offline Kalro Zolarim

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2018, 09:45:02 pm »

There was a harrowing moment when Kalro was worried everything was going to go horribly wrong. 

But the moment passed, and two officers hit the deck:  One Mirror, one Shran.

"Good work, everyone.  Z'Nek, check our girl."

Z'Nek moved quickly to respond, crouching close to Kinley with his tricorder whirring away.  "Just lightly stunned, Sir.  Some bumps.  She'll be awake in a moment."  He nodded to the Mirror Meadows, "What about that one?  She'll probably be up in a moment, too."

Kalro shook his head, "She's not our mission, and a moment is all we need.  Nestor?"

Nestor was already unhitching the fusion detonators from his pack, "Aye, Sir, this won't take long.  The engine room is two decks above us.  Antimatter storage is two decks below.  One detonator on the ceiling, one on the floor.  Kiloton charges are more than enough to perforate the decks in both directions.  Once they're set, I'll lock 'em out from tampering."

Kalro nodded, stepping to one side to look at the torture cylinders.  Briggs, meanwhile, found a master control console. 

"We can deactivate those torture things from here, Sir.  If you want, that is," Briggs offered.

Kalro nodded.  "Yes.  Shut them down...  Then open them up.  I've decided to take a chance on this.  Keep us covered, in case they become violent.  I know this is risky, but intentionally killing prisoners is a violation of Federation law and Starfleet regulations.  Given the circumstances, the Commander will almost certainly give us a pass, and so will Starfleet.  But there's more than law to worry about.  We all have to live with ourselves when this is over."

Briggs hesitated, then nodded and began working the controls.  "Right.  They'll be popping open now, Sir.  Can't vouch for their mental health.  Who knows what these things do to people?"

Momentarily, the moaning and yelling stopped, and the cylinders opened.  The figures inside slumped out, collapsing to the deck.  Kalro hoped he hadn't made a terrible mistake.  He poked one of them with his boot.  "Hey.  Hey, can you hear me?"

The figure he'd nudged looked up at him, bleary eyed, tears still wetting his cheeks.  Drool still dribbling down his chin.  He blinked, seemingly confused.

Briggs shifted his stance as he looked on.  "Sir... we don't have time for this."

Kalro frowned, trying again, "On your feet, soldier!"

Perhaps spurred by some half-remembered boot-camp experiences, the prisoner scrambled unsteadily to his feet, still blinking, still trying to understand the strange shift in his reality.

Kalro nodded.  It was something.  "This ship is about to be destroyed.  Do you understand?  You need to get to an escape pod."

The figure began shuffling forward, at least some understanding dawning on his features.

"Wait.  Help these others.  Take them with you."

The prisoner halted, turned in apparent confusion.  Blinking.  Then his gaze dipped, and he noticed the others.  He nodded feebly, and returned to help them up.  The other prisoners were slowly gaining their feet as well.  They all seemed exhausted and confused.  But they began to shuffle off, out of the brig. 

It was perhaps not the best he could do for them.  He ought to bring them back with him to the Shran, submit them for proper medical treatment.  But he refused to endanger the ship with potentially dangerous Mirror Universe people.  Not in the middle of a firefight. 

Later, when the battle was over, the Shran could collect the escape pods under controlled conditions.  The prisoners would be easier to secure once hectic hazards did not dominate the scene.

"Charges set, Sir." Nestor announced, "We have one minute, five seconds.  And not even I can shut them down, now."

Kalro glanced to Briggs, "Can you drop the brig dampener from that console?"

Briggs nodded, touching a control, "Done."

Kalro touched his badge, =/\= Away team to Shran;  Away team to assault team.  We have our target, are set, and are ready to beam out.  Our window is Sixty seconds.  Signal us when we should deactivate our scrambler." =/\=

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2018, 10:08:47 pm »

There was a harrowing moment when Kalro was worried everything was going to go horribly wrong. 

But the moment passed, and two officers hit the deck:  One Mirror, one Shran.

"Good work, everyone.  Z'Nek, check our girl."

Z'Nek moved quickly to respond, crouching close to Kinley with his tricorder whirring away.  "Just lightly stunned, Sir.  Some bumps.  She'll be awake in a moment."  He nodded to the Mirror Meadows, "What about that one?  She'll probably be up in a moment, too."

Kalro shook his head, "She's not our mission, and a moment is all we need.  Nestor?"

Nestor was already unhitching the fusion detonators from his pack, "Aye, Sir, this won't take long.  The engine room is two decks above us.  Antimatter storage is two decks below.  One detonator on the ceiling, one on the floor.  Kiloton charges are more than enough to perforate the decks in both directions.  Once they're set, I'll lock 'em out from tampering."

Kalro nodded, stepping to one side to look at the torture cylinders.  Briggs, meanwhile, found a master control console. 

"We can deactivate those torture things from here, Sir.  If you want, that is," Briggs offered.

Kalro nodded.  "Yes.  Shut them down...  Then open them up.  I've decided to take a chance on this.  Keep us covered, in case they become violent.  I know this is risky, but intentionally killing prisoners is a violation of Federation law and Starfleet regulations.  Given the circumstances, the Commander will almost certainly give us a pass, and so will Starfleet.  But there's more than law to worry about.  We all have to live with ourselves when this is over."

Briggs hesitated, then nodded and began working the controls.  "Right.  They'll be popping open now, Sir.  Can't vouch for their mental health.  Who knows what these things do to people?"

Momentarily, the moaning and yelling stopped, and the cylinders opened.  The figures inside slumped out, collapsing to the deck.  Kalro hoped he hadn't made a terrible mistake.  He poked one of them with his boot.  "Hey.  Hey, can you hear me?"

The figure he'd nudged looked up at him, bleary eyed, tears still wetting his cheeks.  Drool still dribbling down his chin.  He blinked, seemingly confused.

Briggs shifted his stance as he looked on.  "Sir... we don't have time for this."

Kalro frowned, trying again, "On your feet, soldier!"

Perhaps spurred by some half-remembered boot-camp experiences, the prisoner scrambled unsteadily to his feet, still blinking, still trying to understand the strange shift in his reality.

Kalro nodded.  It was something.  "This ship is about to be destroyed.  Do you understand?  You need to get to an escape pod."

The figure began shuffling forward, at least some understanding dawning on his features.

"Wait.  Help these others.  Take them with you."

The prisoner halted, turned in apparent confusion.  Blinking.  Then his gaze dipped, and he noticed the others.  He nodded feebly, and returned to help them up.  The other prisoners were slowly gaining their feet as well.  They all seemed exhausted and confused.  But they began to shuffle off, out of the brig. 

It was perhaps not the best he could do for them.  He ought to bring them back with him to the Shran, submit them for proper medical treatment.  But he refused to endanger the ship with potentially dangerous Mirror Universe people.  Not in the middle of a firefight. 

Later, when the battle was over, the Shran could collect the escape pods under controlled conditions.  The prisoners would be easier to secure once hectic hazards did not dominate the scene.

"Charges set, Sir." Nestor announced, "We have one minute, five seconds.  And not even I can shut them down, now."

Kalro glanced to Briggs, "Can you drop the brig dampener from that console?"

Briggs nodded, touching a control, "Done."

Kalro touched his badge, =/\= Away team to Shran;  Away team to assault team.  We have our target, are set, and are ready to beam out.  Our window is Sixty seconds.  Signal us when we should deactivate our scrambler." =/\=

ISS Extinction - Deck One - Mirror

Less than 4 seconds after the door had closed, the grenades went off.

"Go Go Go!" She ordered.

Her team pried the doors opened again and they ran in.

Everyone who was on the Bridge was now either dead or unconscious.

"Alright. Let's bag and tag the crew. I'll shut down the weapons and shields."

While her team collected all the Bridge crew who were still alive. They secured them and slapped them with isoliniar tags.

Katcha went over to the Weapons console and deactivated the shields and weapons systems. As soon as the shields were down, the tagged crewmen were beamed over to the Aeries holding cells for later interrogation. She then headed over to the main systems terminal and initiated a link to a secure sub-system on the Aeries main computer and began to transfer the contents of the Extinctions computer system for later analysis. She then tapped the Com-badge.

=/\= Bridge team to Shran. We have secured the Bridge and deactivated their shields and weapons systems. We are setting the charges now. =/\=

She looked around as her team set the necessary charges. She then activated her own com-system.

=/\= Filitov to Aeries. Please can you confirm data transfer? =/\=

=/\= Transfer confirmed. Will take another 30 seconds to complete. =/\=

Katcha watched as her team readied for departure. A beep from the computer told her the transfer was finished. As one, her team took off their Federation com-badges and attached them to a computer terminal they had ripped off the wall. Katcha tapped one of the badges again.

=/\= Bridge team to Shran. We will be returning to our own ship but have attached the com-badges to a piece of their weapons technology you might be interested in. You can energise when ready. =/\=

She closed the channel and, giving a nod to the rest of her team. Activated their own transport system, beaming them back to the Aeries.

Rebel Ship Aeries - Bridge

Katcha walked onto the Bridge and looked at her computer expert.

"Have you copied the data we transferred?" She asked.

"Aye Colonel. We haven't had chance to look at it, are you sure you want to give it to them?"

The look Katcha gave the man nearly made him wet himself.

"They have done us a great service. It is only far that they could gain from this too. Transport the unit over to their Bridge and open a channel!"

The officer did as ordered and the viewscreen blinked to life.

=/\= It looks like we have both achieved what we set out to do. We have copied their computer files and since we could not have done it without your assistance, I have beamed a copy of everything we retrieved to you. What you do with it is up to you. =/\=

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: February 18, 2018, 12:04:06 am »
Transporter Room Two - Mirror

Katcha heard the Extraction team beam out first, then it was their turn.

They materialised on a corridor leading towards the Bridge that was swarming with people trying to access it. Whether they were mutineers or not, she had no time to ask.

Deck One - ISS Extinction - Mirror

As soon as they materialised, her whole team began shooting, taking more than few of the crew down before they even tried shooting back. They took cover and a serious exchange of fire happened, but her team were good and soon the last of the Extinctions crew lay dead on the deck.

Katcha then got to her feet and turned to two of her team.

"Find the life support junction for this deck and destroy it. I want no unexpected substances coming through to the Bridge." She ordered.

"Aye Colonel." They both replied and soon found what they were looking for.

With practised ease, they opened the main junction and rigged it to collapse. Katcha meanwhile had found a computer terminal.

"Damn! All controls have been routed to the Bridge and locked. That means we'll have to get inside to take down their shields and weapons.

"Fire in the hole!" Once of the men called.

The whole team took cover then there was a explosion and Katcha heard life support shut down.

"Good. Now let's get the Bridge doors open and toss in a stun grenade. I want the computer terminals working if at all possible."

They made their way to the Bridge and quickly prised the doors open enough to throw in 4 stun grenades. They then allowed the doors to close to await the explosion.

[ISS Extinction- Bridge ]
[Mirror]
Ardyn heard a large scuffle in the hallway outside of the bridge and immediately locked the blast doors. Whether it was the mutineers or her own followers, it wasn't clear, but she had to keep the bridge. a cloud of plasma had been ignited, totally dissolving all their shields, and now the ship was under intense fire. Things were quickly spiraling out of her control,  and desperate measures had to be made. "Webb, Rashid, I want you to aim your phasers at the door. "If it's a last stand they want, then they are going to get one #&!! of a stand!"
Slowly, the doors were pried open, just enough to toss a few things in  "Grenades! "Take cover!" she shouted, barely hitting the decks before a blinding shockwave hit the bridge. 
Recovering her senses, she blinked at her crew, all either dead or severely concussed, there was no time to tell.
 She'd lost, but she wasn't going to let them take her . Stumbling to her feet, she got to the emergency escape pod, closed herself inside, and ejected.

She'd be back. 
-----------------

[USS Shran, Bridge]

After the away teams beamed aboard the Extinction, Caelene transferred whatever additional power she could find to shields, flight, and weapons. They would need all three to keep themselves as intact as possible while the teams did their work. She turned towards Ardy, "Evasive maneuvers, we need to keep their attention as long as possible."

"Ensign Cooper, keep firing. Try to avoid the areas our teams are in - focus on their own weapons, warp systems, and anything else to keep them busy," the Trill ordered. She saw the young woman nod, her hands moving across the Tactical console.

[Bridge - Shran]
Coughing  in pain just a little bit,  Ardyn cracked her knuckles and began a sweeping charge around the enemy ship. "Initiating Evasive Maneuvers" she said, weaving the ship into the best position for the security ensign to shoot at.  "The Ship's in a good position. Give 'er all she's got!"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 05:08:07 am by Ardyn Jaeger »

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2018, 12:52:44 am »
[USS Shran, Bridge]

Caelene waited nervously to hear back from the rescue away team. They couldn't know exactly what was happening on the Extinction. Had they found Kinley? Were they still searching the ship? What had happened with the prisoners? She'd have to wait to find out.

The Trill's eyes glanced over at Ardy as she watched their position on the main viewscreen. Everything seemed to be unfolding as planned from their end at least. Glancing back at the engineering console, Caelene watched additional damage reports scroll down into view. She did her best to adjust their shield strength as Ardyn weaved the ship through space.

=/\= Bridge team to Shran. We have secured the Bridge and deactivated their shields and weapons systems. We are setting the charges now. =/\=

Good timing it seemed; the Extinction stopped firing on them as the Colonel's away team apparently took the bridge. Still, something could still go wrong. Caelene transferred some power from weapons to shields for the time being.  Once they got their crew back, they'd need to get to a safe distance.

At the sound of Kalro's voice, a wave of relief washed over Caelene. They had Kinley and had been successful. She took a brief moment to be grateful, nodded towards Ops to indicate they should be ready with transporters, and then replied, =A=Shran to rescue away team. Excellent news! Ops is ready to beam you back now. Deactivate the scrambler and energize.=A=

"Lieutenant Jaeger - be ready to take us to a safe distance once we have our away team aboard. I want to be close enough to ensure the Extinction does get destroyed, but far enough that our shields will be able to protect us," Caelene said to the Flight Officer.

=/\= Bridge team to Shran. We will be returning to our own ship but have attached the com-badges to a piece of their weapons technology you might be interested in. You can energise when ready. =/\=

As she heard Colonel Filitov's message, Caelene raised an eyebrow. It seemed the Aeries' team was feeling charitable, in a sense. =A=Shran to bridge away team, acknowledged. We'll beam it over.=A=

Looking over at Will, she said, "Lieutenant Commander Waring, I want whatever that is beamed into a containment field in one of the cargo bays, just in case it has some kind of trigger or trap associated with it. Once its setup, energize when ready."

Rebel Ship Aeries - Bridge

=/\= It looks like we have both achieved what we set out to do. We have copied their computer files and since we could not have done it without your assistance, I have beamed a copy of everything we retrieved to you. What you do with it is up to you. =/\=

Could not have done it without their assistance? It wasn't as if they had given the Shran, or the Federation, a choice. Still, there was no sense in making an issue of it now. It was over, for the time being at least... =A=Acknowledged Aeries, thank you. Good luck in your universe.=A=

Caelene still wasn't happy with what had transpired, but there was little she could do about it. Starfleet R&D would surely be interested in what they had found at least. It appeared they'd received two 'gifts' of a sort from the Aeries. Now she just needed to wait for their away team and the whole mess could hopefully be put behind them...

Now she just needed confirmation from Will that they had their people aboard and Ardy could steer them to safety. They'd need to go back and find the missing shuttles as well. Hopefully they were alright.

OFF: Tag away teams, Will, Ardy, etc etc

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Kalro Zolarim

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2018, 01:21:23 am »

=/\= Shran to rescue away team. Excellent news! Ops is ready to beam you back now. Deactivate the scrambler and energize. =/\=

Kalro nodded to Z'Nek, who switched off the scrambler he was carrying and then slung Kinley over his shoulder.  Briggs and Nestor drew near.  Kalro touched his badge.

=/\= Away team to Shran.  Energize.  =/\=

At that moment, a figure came lunging out into the corridor, just beyond the brig entryway.  Kalro immediately recognized the figure as one of the men who had been locked up in the torture chambers.   One of the men who had been freed and sent to the escape pods. 

Whatever confusion and trauma had clouded the man's features a moment ago, it was gone now.  His eyes were hard, set firmly to a purpose.  There was a phaser in his hand, and he leveled it at the team.  He must have picked it up from one of the bodies outside.  Or perhaps it had been in an emergency locker within the escape pod. 

It didn't matter where he'd gotten it.  All that mattered was that he must not be allowed to use it.

Kalro lifted his rifle as the whine of the Shran's annular confinement beam filled the brig. 

He pressed the trigger on his rifle.

At the same time, the man in the corridor pressed the firing button on his own Type II hand phaser... or whatever the Imperials called their version of it. 

Reddish-orange energies crisscrossed through the air, and Kalro felt the tingling energy of a transport.  A shimmering glimmer of light stole him away from the Extinction's brig.  Momentarily, he was standing on the Shran's transporter pad.

Beside him, Briggs fell forward, planting face-first into the transporter platform.   A hole was burned neatly through his torso, from front to back.  Kalro's eyes went wide, and he knelt beside the man to check him for signs of life and to press a hand to the gaping wound of burned flesh that had penetrated his ribs, heart, and spine.

At the transporter control console, an officer was shouting for emergency medical assistance.  Kalro barely heard the words.  His mind filled up with terrible thoughts. 

Thoughts of Horror.

Thoughts of Regret. 

Thoughts of Shame.

I did this.

Figures were arriving.  Some were moving Briggs' lifeless body.  Some were pulling Kalro up and away.  Speaking to him.  Shouting at him.
 Checking him for injuries.  Trying to snap him out of his fugue.

I did this.

The thought circled around his mind again and again. 

I killed you.

Offline Calandra Trilarck

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • I'll make you love to hate me, but it's still love
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. 2018 USS Fiji - With Open Arms  Featured mission 2018 USS IBN Sinna Featured Mission Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: February 18, 2018, 12:40:17 pm »
[USS Shran - Bridge]

After Ardyn had successfully pulled them through the collapsing nebula, Calandra watched the view screen as the Shran's torpedoes were launched while the Extinction gave chase. Matter and antimatter collided in front of her very eyes and exploded in a dark burst of navy blue that quickly ignited into a bright orange. The gas erupted from the nebula and in its wake, the Extinction's shields fell. The computer's scans were pouring in at a rapid rate, analyzing every aspect of the explosion, calculating the amount of heat released to the read-out of the plasma storm. In one fell swoop, the two teams were energized and beamed on board as the Shran could only watch from a distance while the ship imploded from the outside in.

The Shran engaged in a delicate dance of guerilla hit and fleeing. Every so often a subtle shake would quake the bridge but no doubt, they were being distracted by the boarding parties and ongoing mutiny. Zolarim reported back to the bridge, detailing the imperial ship's version of a brig, a crude torture chamber used to interrogate their victims. Garrison had not been retrieved and Commander Tam ordered the torture mechanisms to be terminated but for the victims to remain restrained. Calandra remained silent as she agreed with the Commander's recommendation, a gaggle of potentially mentally unstable prisoners aboard was dangerous.

Silence flooded the Shran's bridge as they waited. Calandra peered over to Waring, probably working on the transporter systems to ensure the away team's safe retrieval with Garrison. She looked away and peered over to Tam, who was constantly checking her engineering console to negotiate power distribution. In a moment that seemed divinely timed, Zolarim reported that Kinley had been recovered and awaited transport. In quick succession, the Colonel reported that the bridge was within their sights.

Calandra pulled up the computer's scans on the surrounding space, keeping an eye out for any other unusual activity with the saturation of tetryon particles. Her station console 'beeped' softly and a report popped up on her screen, "Commander. Computer's scans show a handful of escape pods being ejected from various parts of the ship. Two pod's life support systems are failing rapidly. Can we get close enough to tractor them in?"

This had now become their problem. Before she could hear a response, the Colonel had achieved a successful invasion of the bridge and had beamed aboard some sort of technology that could prove useful. While Calandra was glad that the Federation would receive some sort of pay for their support, the resentment she felt towered over any sense of elation. The counselor just wanted the imperial starship and the rebels gone for good. As she huffed through her noise in anger, Calandra sifted through the reports until she made her way to the log of the Transporter Room. All four members of the crew had materialized safely, except one was only a body.

"Transport was successful. I'm reading no life signs for crewman Briggs... he's dead." Her voice dropped and she tore her eyes from the screen to look at the view screen. Her pale olive skin flushed stark white in anger, she steadied her breath, and collected a few strands of hair only to brush them back hastily.

She lowered her head for a moment in disappointment and walked over to Commander Tam's engineering station while she had hoped Ardyn had already made her way to pick up the escape pods.  Stiffening up her spine, she said, "After the pod's retrieval, it's imperative that I conduct an evaluation on its inhabitants. Then, Lieutenant Waring," She looked away at the turbo lift before her eyes met the Commander's again. "I suppose I should return to Sickbay... there are many funeral rites to help prepare."

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:45:46 pm by Calandra Trilarck »

Witches can be right, giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good. - No One Is Alone, Sondheim

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2018, 02:42:52 pm »
[USS Shran, Bridge]

Caelene waited nervously to hear back from the rescue away team. They couldn't know exactly what was happening on the Extinction. Had they found Kinley? Were they still searching the ship? What had happened with the prisoners? She'd have to wait to find out.

The Trill's eyes glanced over at Ardy as she watched their position on the main viewscreen. Everything seemed to be unfolding as planned from their end at least. Glancing back at the engineering console, Caelene watched additional damage reports scroll down into view. She did her best to adjust their shield strength as Ardyn weaved the ship through space.

Good timing it seemed; the Extinction stopped firing on them as the Colonel's away team apparently took the bridge. Still, something could still go wrong. Caelene transferred some power from weapons to shields for the time being.  Once they got their crew back, they'd need to get to a safe distance.

At the sound of Kalro's voice, a wave of relief washed over Caelene. They had Kinley and had been successful. She took a brief moment to be grateful, nodded towards Ops to indicate they should be ready with transporters, and then replied, =A=Shran to rescue away team. Excellent news! Ops is ready to beam you back now. Deactivate the scrambler and energize.=A=

"Lieutenant Jaeger - be ready to take us to a safe distance once we have our away team aboard. I want to be close enough to ensure the Extinction does get destroyed, but far enough that our shields will be able to protect us," Caelene said to the Flight Officer.

As she heard Colonel Filitov's message, Caelene raised an eyebrow. It seemed the Aeries' team was feeling charitable, in a sense. =A=Shran to bridge away team, acknowledged. We'll beam it over.=A=

Looking over at Will, she said, "Lieutenant Commander Waring, I want whatever that is beamed into a containment field in one of the cargo bays, just in case it has some kind of trigger or trap associated with it. Once its setup, energize when ready."

Could not have done it without their assistance? It wasn't as if they had given the Shran, or the Federation, a choice. Still, there was no sense in making an issue of it now. It was over, for the time being at least... =A=Acknowledged Aeries, thank you. Good luck in your universe.=A=

Caelene still wasn't happy with what had transpired, but there was little she could do about it. Starfleet R&D would surely be interested in what they had found at least. It appeared they'd received two 'gifts' of a sort from the Aeries. Now she just needed to wait for their away team and the whole mess could hopefully be put behind them...

Now she just needed confirmation from Will that they had their people aboard and Ardy could steer them to safety. They'd need to go back and find the missing shuttles as well. Hopefully they were alright.

OFF: Tag away teams, Will, Ardy, etc etc

Rebel Ship Aeries

Katcha nodded at the Shran's response and closed the channel. She then turned to the Bridge crew.

"Activate the inter-spacial device." She ordered.

"Inter-spacial device active Colonel." The officer responded a few seconds later.

"Excellent. Helm, engage at maximum Warp on course 270. It's time to return home!"

"Course laid in Colonel. Engaging Warp drive." The helm officer responded.

The Aeries went to Warp and in doing so crossed over the reality threshold. The ship dropped out of Warp a few seconds later.

"Where are we?" She enquired.

"We're exactly where we are supposed to be Colonel. I am picking up several Imperial channels."

"Well done! Deactivate the device and set course for Sanctuary. The Council will want to hear of our success."

"Setting course for Sanctuary Colonel. ETA 18 hours."

"I will be in the secure computer area taking a look at the Imperial database. Good work everyone!"

As the Aeries went to Warp once again, Katcha headed off the Bridge. The feeling of success welling within her.

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2018, 10:52:51 pm »
[ISS Extinction]
The Game had changed. All of a sudden, Mirror Meadows had brusquely put a phaser to her back and escorted her to.... The brig?! It took her a moment to realize  what was happening, but as they turned the bend, she saw a couple members of the Shran, likely sent to get her out of this joint.  A brief look of relief crossed her face until she realized, on of them was holding up a phaser- pointed directly at HER! Giving a look which seemed to say What the heck are you doing!? she imperceptibly shook her head in a silent plea for help. However, it was a bit too late, as she felt the force of the phaser blow knock her unconscious.

[Some time later.]

Kinley woke up, incredibly sore from getting stunned. If she could attest a feeling to it, it all felt like a punch to the gut, except everywhere. Blinking, she looked around and saw the Transporter room of the Shran.  She'd have to have a little word with that Security Ensign when all this was said and done. Shaking off the soreness, she tapped her Commbadge. =/\= "This is Garrison,  Need me back on the bridge?" =/\=
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 05:09:24 am by Kinley Garrison »
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles