S2- M2 - Shatterpoint

Started by James A. Hawke, January 02, 2018, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 15, 2018, 10:14:14 AM

Rebel Ship Aeries - Bridge

"Hmm, well... gotta have grunts for all jobs, I suppose." Ruth mused.  "Can we play with them afterwards tho... please dearest Colonel?!" she said evilly.  She was surprised that the Bridge didn't smell like a public urinal by now the looks of panic on the faces of the crew.

"Anyhow on another note, what we doing about Extinction... and whatever that other ship is?  Not like you to sit and wait."

Katcha looked at her old comrade and gave an almost feral grin.

"After we successfully complete our mission,  I will let you play with any that have failed us to your hearts content." She replied. Not bothering to add that of they failed they would all be dead because that was clearly understood by everyone present.

"As to the Extinction." She added a few minutes later. " This Ship is not, on any level, able to take her on. Which is why we brought her here as the Federation have far more resources than we do." She paused before continuing. "Our last roll of the dice would be a covert strike to try and get the Extinction to blow herself up. But that would be almost suicide and I have no wish to die if I can help it." She paused again and indicated the viewscreen. "Our best chance is to assist the Federation, that ship is definitely powerful and with the information we hold, that should give them the advantage. I just hope they are willing to listen." She added.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 15, 2018, 04:46:21 PM

Bridge

Despite the atrocious pronunciation, Katcha got her old shipmate's meaning.

"Hello again and velcome to ze Shran." She said in English, not wanting her mother tongue to be tortured any further.

She then turned back as the Doctor continued to examine Will.

USS Shran - Bridge

Ruth turned back towards the flight officer and grinned.  She knew her Russian was terrible but she was merely exchanging pleasantries solely with Katcha.

She was finding it very difficult to sit in her chair and was almost squirming, pushing down the desire to rush to Will's side and make sure he was ok, but she wasn't sure that wouldn't push him further into collapse if he came round.

Deciding to occupy her mind otherwise she turned back to the CSO and said simply "So... what's you're speciality?  Mine is Stellar Cartography."

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 15, 2018, 04:55:28 PM

Katcha looked at her old comrade and gave an almost feral grin.

"After we successfully complete our mission,  I will let you play with any that have failed us to your hearts content." She replied. Not bothering to add that of they failed they would all be dead because that was clearly understood by everyone present.

"As to the Extinction." She added a few minutes later. " This Ship is not, on any level, able to take her on. Which is why we brought her here as the Federation have far more resources than we do." She paused before continuing. "Our last roll of the dice would be a covert strike to try and get the Extinction to blow herself up. But that would be almost suicide and I have no wish to die if I can help it." She paused again and indicated the viewscreen. "Our best chance is to assist the Federation, that ship is definitely powerful and with the information we hold, that should give them the advantage. I just hope they are willing to listen." She added.

Ruth contemplated for a moment.  "And if they don't we have trouble when they turn on us with their firepower?  So we're going to play nice-y nice with the Federation for our own uses... then I guess..." she looked like a lion contemplating a crippled wilderbeest in the Serengeti at the flight control crewman as she walked around the Bridge while talking, all the while emphasising her points with the knife in her hand, "... we'd better hope this darling..."

Ruth almost caressingly ran the point of the knife down the cheek of the pilot who, to their credit barely flinched keeping hands steady on the controls.

"...can get us the hell outta Dodge at full warp!  What say, Sunshine, reckon you can do it?!"

The poor pilot merely gulped audibly and nodded.  Ruth sniffed as if to indicate that fresh undergarments were required.  "Are the heads not working lately, Colonel?  I think we might need to relieve this one to go shower..." she said with a lavicious grin to her friend.  Then added "Ooooh, if the Federation do want to play, does that mean more targets to practice with once they outlive their usefulness or would that bring the wrath of some Intelligence or something on us... no fun for poor Ruthy... "

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

William Waring

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on January 14, 2018, 10:00:56 PM

[Deck 19]
Kinley stared at the video in shock. The whole planet was left, slowly being engulfed in smoke and debris. Millions dead in barely an instant. It made her almost sick to her stomach. All she did was aim the thing at the coordinates given to her and fire the thing. She just assumed it was another large asteroid or empty moon that the Empire wished to destroy, simply to show who was boss. She didn't expect them to strike innocents, though then again, maybe not. It was a survival of the fittest, after all. Listening to the petty officer stutter his plan, she calculated his plan. It was definitely going to be risky. And she wasn't exactly sure if it would work. There was still that little question of how to get off the ship that needed to be covered, too. Raising her eyebrow in surprise at his little declaration, Kinley nodded. "Under other circumstances, I would slap you for that remark. But now is not the time or place for that. We'll discuss this later. Understand?"

[Deck 19 - ISS Extinction]

Will gave a nervous nod and stepped out of the room "T-thank you for helping me realign that relay ma'am" He said nervously, hoping she went along with the ruse. "I-I have a bottle of Bloodwine back in my locker to reimburse you for your time. J-just come by later" he said realizing his hint at a later meet up may have sounded like insubordination "IF you approve, that is!" He quickly added.

[Bridge - Shran]

Will regained consciousness to find himself being looked at. He let out a groan as he propped himself up on the bulkhead. His head felt like it was on fire and he couldn't quite remember why, then it hit him. Not wanting to distract the doctor he spoke to Kachina "Tell me it isn't real, that I just had a episode. Why why why. Why is she here! Do the gods figure I haven't suffered enough?! That an old wound was worthy of being reopened?!" He hissed as he repeatedly punched the floor next to him. He was as mad as he had ever been but it wasn't at anyone in particular but instead his anger was at his luck or lack of.

RESERVED

Ser Conley

Quote from: William Waring on January 14, 2018, 08:37:11 PM

[Bridge]

=A= Runabout, this is Shran Operations, we are bringing you into our Shuttle Bay. Standby for disembarkation orders. =A=

=A="Standing by."=A= Ser sighed out as the tracker beam took hold of the runabout, and allow himself to do something that he normally never did in these situations.  Relax.  He leaned back in his chair let his weight fall into the seat.   His eyes just stare out taking in nothing.    He stay like that for a little while until he realized, they still hadn't  moved an inch.  Others on the runabout started giving each other confused looks.   Ser tapped the comm.

=A="USS Shran, I don't mean to rush you.  But we're still standing by."=A=

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 15, 2018, 06:06:58 PM

USS Shran - Bridge

Ruth turned back towards the flight officer and grinned.  She knew her Russian was terrible but she was merely exchanging pleasantries solely with Katcha.

She was finding it very difficult to sit in her chair and was almost squirming, pushing down the desire to rush to Will's side and make sure he was ok, but she wasn't sure that wouldn't push him further into collapse if he came round.

Deciding to occupy her mind otherwise she turned back to the CSO and said simply "So... what's you're speciality?  Mine is Stellar Cartography."

Ruth contemplated for a moment.  "And if they don't we have trouble when they turn on us with their firepower?  So we're going to play nice-y nice with the Federation for our own uses... then I guess..." she looked like a lion contemplating a crippled wilderbeest in the Serengeti at the flight control crewman as she walked around the Bridge while talking, all the while emphasising her points with the knife in her hand, "... we'd better hope this darling..."

Ruth almost caressingly ran the point of the knife down the cheek of the pilot who, to their credit barely flinched keeping hands steady on the controls.

"...can get us the hell outta Dodge at full warp!  What say, Sunshine, reckon you can do it?!"

The poor pilot merely gulped audibly and nodded.  Ruth sniffed as if to indicate that fresh undergarments were required.  "Are the heads not working lately, Colonel?  I think we might need to relieve this one to go shower..." she said with a lavicious grin to her friend.  Then added "Ooooh, if the Federation do want to play, does that mean more targets to practice with once they outlive their usefulness or would that bring the wrath of some Intelligence or something on us... no fun for poor Ruthy... "

[Bridge]
Kinley took the handshake and raised her eyebrow just a little bit at the mention of Will and Ruth's past history. Crud, this is awkward. Of course he would have a "history". She thought with a little pang of jealousy , all the while smiling at the woman. "Well, I don't have anything for you specifically at the moment. I'm pretty chill when it comes to my team. But whenever you want, feel free to come chat with me in my office. Or the lab. Wherever you happen to find me. Listening to the conversation, she heard it switch back to her. "Me? I specialize in computer systems, mostly involving the scanners. I also have a bit of experience in geology, whenever I get the chance. Just never let me do chemistry. Bad things happen when I try chemistry..." She sheepishly trailed off.
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: William Waring on January 15, 2018, 08:02:02 PM

[Bridge - Shran]

Will regained consciousness to find himself being looked at. He let out a groan as he propped himself up on the bulkhead. His head felt like it was on fire and he couldn't quite remember why, then it hit him. Not wanting to distract the doctor he spoke to Kachina "Tell me it isn't real, that I just had a episode. Why why why. Why is she here! Do the gods figure I haven't suffered enough?! That an old wound was worthy of being reopened?!" He hissed as he repeatedly punched the floor next to him. He was as mad as he had ever been but it wasn't at anyone in particular but instead his anger was at his luck or lack of.

Bridge

Katcha heard what Will said and grimaced.

"In answer to your qvestion, yes it is Ruth and I do not know vy she is here. I did not even know she vos on board. You just relax and ve vill deal vis it." She said softly.

Getting up she was about to go back to the helm when the call came through.

Quote from: Ser Conley on January 15, 2018, 08:04:00 PM

=A="Standing by."=A= Ser sighed out as the tracker beam took hold of the runabout, and allow himself to do something that he normally never did in these situations.  Relax.  He leaned back in his chair let his weight fall into the seat.   His eyes just stare out taking in nothing.    He stay like that for a little while until he realized, they still hadn't  moved an inch.  Others on the runabout started giving each other confused looks.   Ser tapped the comm.

=A="USS Shran, I don't mean to rush you.  But we're still standing by."=A=

Changing her mind, she sat at Ops and after a few seconds, found the docking and tractor beam controls.

=/\= Shran to Runabout. Ve are bring you in now! =/\= She replied.

As soon as she did so, though with probably far less finesse than Will would have, she activated the tractor beam to tow the runabout into the shuttlebay.

=/\= Shran to Runabout. Please can you confirm zat ze tractor beam is vorking as it should? =/\= She asked.

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 15, 2018, 06:06:58 PM

Rebel Sip Aeries - Bridge

Katcha listened to Ruth and shook her head slightly.

"As long as they are useful ten you have to leave them alone. It is not like we can get any replacements. Though if any punishments are warranted, you can have the first turn!" She replied, knowing how her friend enjoyed them. Besides, she was feeling a little magnanimous.

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Ser Conley on January 15, 2018, 08:04:00 PM

=A="Standing by."=A= Ser sighed out as the tracker beam took hold of the runabout, and allow himself to do something that he normally never did in these situations.  Relax.  He leaned back in his chair let his weight fall into the seat.   His eyes just stare out taking in nothing.    He stay like that for a little while until he realized, they still hadn't  moved an inch.  Others on the runabout started giving each other confused looks.   Ser tapped the comm.

=A="USS Shran, I don't mean to rush you.  But we're still standing by."=A=

[Shuttle bay]
Finishing up her rounds with the shuttles, Ardy heard something over the comms: they were towing in a shuttle pod that had reportedly made it from the Hephaestus before it got blown to smithereens. Not seeing any of the usual guys around, probably because they were sneaking out for drinks again, she took control of the bay doors. =/\= "Sorry 'bout that delay, the usual boys were AWOL. You're cleared for landing, guys."=/\=

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Ser Conley

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 15, 2018, 10:21:45 PM

=/\= Shran to Runabout. Ve are bring you in now! =/\= She replied.

As soon as she did so, though with probably far less finesse than Will would have, she activated the tractor beam to tow the runabout into the shuttlebay.

=/\= Shran to Runabout. Please can you confirm zat ze tractor beam is vorking as it should? =/\= She asked.

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 15, 2018, 10:31:30 PM

[Shuttle bay]
Finishing up her rounds with the shuttles, Ardy heard something over the comms: they were towing in a shuttle pod that had reportedly made it from the Hephaestus before it got blown to smithereens. Not seeing any of the usual guys around, probably because they were sneaking out for drinks again, she took control of the bay doors. =/\= "Sorry Á¢â,¬Ëœbout that delay, the usual boys were AWOL. You're cleared for landing, guys."=/\=

Ser sighed again, but didn't relax back into his sit this time.

=/\="Runabout to Shran,  yes we're moving, thank you."=/\=

A second voice came through the comm, a very familiar voice.

=/\="Jaerger!  Is that you?  This is Conley.  Wait will talk on the ground."=/\=

The runabout was pulled into the shuttle bay with in moments.  As it touched down, it occurred to Ser he didn't know the name of the ship that saved him.  The doors opened and as Ser exited he checked out the hull.

"The Allegheny" he said. Murray looked up and nodded in understanding.

"Ok, everyone after you get checked out, report to the lounge.  First rounds on me.  I'm going to speak to the captain about our lodging."  There were several nods in recognition.  And Ser found Ardyn walked hand out to her.

"Jaeger how you doing,  still raising hell I hope?"  Ser asked.

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 14, 2018, 10:08:14 PM

Bridge

Katcha looked up as the Doctor approached. Glad that someone with medical training was present as beyond the basics, she was lost on patient treatment.

"Ve vere rescuing a stranded Runabout ven ze Kommander looked up and saw her." She pointed at Ruth. "She and ze Kommander used to be close, but she disappeared a vile ago. I did not know she vos on board. I guess he did not know eizer as he passed out as soon as he saw her. I checked his pulse and put him in ze recovery position." She replied.

[USS Shran- Bridge]
Alyssa made eye contact with the Russia woman and nodding along with what she was saying. "Hmm." she replied. "He probably passed out due to shock." She placed her medical kit on the ground and opened it up, taking out one of the newer medical tricorders that she still couldn't get the hang of. She scanned the man's body, watching as the results came in, pondering on them briefly. "He's fine. He might be sore when he wakes up but that should be the extent of it. I can, however, bring him to Sickbay and keep him under observation in case things get worst."

Quote from: William Waring on January 15, 2018, 08:02:02 PM

[Bridge - Shran]

Will regained consciousness to find himself being looked at. He let out a groan as he propped himself up on the bulkhead. His head felt like it was on fire and he couldn't quite remember why, then it hit him. Not wanting to distract the doctor he spoke to Kachina "Tell me it isn't real, that I just had a episode. Why why why. Why is she here! Do the gods figure I haven't suffered enough?! That an old wound was worthy of being reopened?!" He hissed as he repeatedly punched the floor next to him. He was as mad as he had ever been but it wasn't at anyone in particular but instead his anger was at his luck or lack of.

Alyssa's hand shot out and grabbed the man's arm similarly to how she would grab her son's arm if he was doing the same thing. "Okay hot stuff," she said, "if you're going to have a temper tantrum, I will be taking you to Sickbay. Are you going to chill out or are we taking a field trip?"

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 14, 2018, 11:14:16 PM

[Bridge -ISS Extinction]
Ardyn nodded as Captain Meadows came back on the bridge. "Yes. Things have changed. I took the liberty of testing the weapon again, this time on a planet." She grinned sadistically. "It worked even better than we could imagine." She paced the floor of the bridge. "Recently, the scanners caught a sign of a ship in our vicinity. A warship to be precise. I've just called a status report, just in case." She said, fingering the hilt of one of her daggers unconsciously.

[ISS Extinction]
"A warship?" Alyssa  echoed. "Are close enough to see them on screen?" She shook her head. "No matter, they don't stand a chance. Ready the cloaking device and prepare to go into silent running mode. I want their position tracked and our heading to  match. They won't know what's coming."

Kalro Zolarim

Bridge - Shran

Kalro glanced up from his station, briefly observing the interaction between the... fainted? Officer and the medical staff.  Definitely some sort of history there.  He could only imagine what kind of personal relationship could become so traumatic that it would cause an able-bodied starfleet officer to collapse and have a nervous breakdown.

At least the runabout was safely stowed, now.

Hating to interrupt the current commotion, he nonetheless had an interest in the current destruction that was at the heart of this Yellow Alert.

"Sirs, he suggested, "if this runabout is from a ship destroyed by our mirror-universe adversary, I wonder if it might be possible to beam aboard some small pieces of the local starship debris.  Perhaps into storage bay three.  Even two or three pieces of the outer hull would give us useful information.  Analyzing molecular changes to hull materials could tell us the strength and EM frequency of the threat-vessel's weapon systems.  In any eventual confrontation, we may be able to optimize our own shield frequencies based on what we learn.  It could give us a tactical advantage in a fight."

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on January 15, 2018, 09:23:52 PM

[Bridge]
Kinley took the handshake and raised her eyebrow just a little bit at the mention of Will and Ruth's past history. Crud, this is awkward. Of course he would have a "history". She thought with a little pang of jealousy , all the while smiling at the woman. "Well, I don't have anything for you specifically at the moment. I'm pretty chill when it comes to my team. But whenever you want, feel free to come chat with me in my office. Or the lab. Wherever you happen to find me. Listening to the conversation, she heard it switch back to her. "Me? I specialize in computer systems, mostly involving the scanners. I also have a bit of experience in geology, whenever I get the chance. Just never let me do chemistry. Bad things happen when I try chemistry..." She sheepishly trailed off.

[USS Shran - Bridge]

"Will do, I'll tell you all the horror stories about Will!" Ruth winked, then looked concerned as Will had a bit of a tantrum on the floor."

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 16, 2018, 01:19:05 PM

[USS Shran- Bridge]

Alyssa's hand shot out and grabbed the man's arm similarly to how she would grab her son's arm if he was doing the same thing. "Okay hot stuff," she said, "if you're going to have a temper tantrum, I will be taking you to Sickbay. Are you going to chill out or are we taking a field trip?"

Looking to where Will and the doctor was, then back to the CSO she said.  "Maybe, I should go with them and try to calm Will down.  If you'll excuse me?"

Since the CSO had previously said that she was '...pretty chill with her team...' Ruth took her leave and walked over to the doctor.

"Ah, excuse me,..." she said quietly trying to sort of hide behind Katcha so that she was mostly out of sight to Will, "Ah... I seem to be the cause of the consternation and I think if we went to Sickbay it would give us both the chance to sort this out... both you to treat Mr. Waring and me to offer further..." she rubbed the back of her neck, ",..healing, of a sort, no offence, but you can't fix this one Doctor, this one's on me, and you can't fix love, rejection and emotional hurt."

Ruth didn't go into any further details except to add "And, possibly, thinking you've seen a ghost.  Since that's probably what he thinks I am."

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 17, 2018, 07:43:25 AM

[USS Shran - Bridge]

"Ah, excuse me,..." she said quietly trying to sort of hide behind Katcha so that she was mostly out of sight to Will, "Ah... I seem to be the cause of the consternation and I think if we went to Sickbay it would give us both the chance to sort this out... both you to treat Mr. Waring and me to offer further..." she rubbed the back of her neck, ",..healing, of a sort, no offence, but you can't fix this one Doctor, this one's on me, and you can't fix love, rejection and emotional hurt."

Ruth didn't go into any further details except to add "And, possibly, thinking you've seen a ghost.  Since that's probably what he thinks I am."

Alyssa had been so focused on Will and waiting for a response that she hadn't noticed someone approaching her until she heard them. She immediately turned her head to see who was speaking to her, all whilst tightening her grip on Will.

"That settles it then." Alyssa said. "Let's go to Sickbay and settle this one out. Thank you...." She stopped. She didn't know this woman's name, and after scanning her face, she was certain that she had never seen this woman in her life. "I'm sorry, I don't know your name. Are you new? I think you're new. It's a good thing we're going to Sickbay because you owe me a physical."

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 17, 2018, 07:49:20 AM

Alyssa had been so focused on Will and waiting for a response that she hadn't noticed someone approaching her until she heard them. She immediately turned her head to see who was speaking to her, all whilst tightening her grip on Will.

"That settles it then." Alyssa said. "Let's go to Sickbay and settle this one out. Thank you...." She stopped. She didn't know this woman's name, and after scanning her face, she was certain that she had never seen this woman in her life. "I'm sorry, I don't know your name. Are you new? I think you're new. It's a good thing we're going to Sickbay because you owe me a physical."

[USS Shran - Bridge]

Ruth let out a low chuckle.  "Dropped myself right in that one didn't I?!  I'm ok about physicals, I only got here about 3 hours ago so cut me a little slack.  Lt. Ruth Sigurdsdottir." Ruth offered by way of introduction.
"... I seem to spend my life having physicals lately, but rules are rules and I know too many medics, and been saved by them too often to disrespect or flount rules that our lovely docs put in place.  So... shall we?"

She gestured with her hand to the turbolift.  "Unless you think Mr. Waring can't get there by turbolift in which case I'll join you down there.  I promise.  Besides.  Like I said, need to talk to Will."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.