S2- M2 - Shatterpoint

Started by James A. Hawke, January 02, 2018, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James A. Hawke

[Rebel Ship Aeries - Senator Hawke's Room- Mirror Universe]

Hawke sat at his desk reading.  Instead of reading a PADD, Hawke developed a taste for old earth books.  In his desk was opened a book titled The Republic by Plato, an ancient earth philosopher.  The idea of Philosopher King was an intriguing one for him.  He wondered how history would have been different if Spock would have won against the Empire.  History would have probably been better more merciful.

James stood for a second and took a deep sigh.  He closed the book and then closed his eyes.   Even though he wanted to be a philosopher, history has dictated that he became closer to a warrior. As he finished, he stood up from his desk and spoke to himself.

"Whom am I to play God?"  James said out loud

He then realized that guilt was a human emotion.  The rebellion would have no chance of survival unless he executed his plan.  He looked down on a somber tone and wondered "Am I a hypocrite?  I am saving the lives of the rebellion for sending that monsters to the "other" universe."

James looked at this desk and presses the comm. "My love, initiate Operation Shatterpoint.  Cloak our ship, and attach us to that monster."

Monster would be the appropriate word.  The ship that shall not be named.

James left his room and walked into the bridge.

Click on the Badge to see bio

James A. Hawke

[U.S.S. Shran - Holodeck #1]

"Captain, I believe you should be working on documents,"  Ada said to James

"Ohh, C'mon do not be that uptight....I am sure...that someone like Kirok can do paperwork" James responded.

Hawke looked around and noticed that this hologram.  He was on an enemy base. This was a group exercise.  All of the significant officers were invited for this activity.

"All right,"  James said to everyone

"We are playing an Earth Game called Beach Volleyball,"  James said

He pointed at the volleyball court which was close to perfect.

James looked at everyone and said "ok...the team were are playing are called the Monstars"

He then talked "This is a team sport, so we need to work together...any questions?"

Ada interrupted "Once Question Captain...why am I wearing this attire?"

James shrugged and said "Old Earth Custom."

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 02, 2018, 10:31:55 PM

[U.S.S. Shran Á¢â,¬"œ Holodeck #1]

"Captain, I believe you should be working on documents,"  Ada said to James

"Ohh, C'mon do not be that uptight....I am sure...that someone like Kirok can do paperwork" James responded.

Hawke looked around and noticed that this hologram.  He was on an enemy base. This was a group exercise.  All of the significant officers were invited for this activity.

"All right,"  James said to everyone

"We are playing an Earth Game called Beach Volleyball,"  James said

He pointed at the volleyball court which was close to perfect.

James looked at everyone and said "ok...the team were are playing are called the Monstars"

He then talked "This is a team sport, so we need to work together...any questions?"

Ada interrupted "Once Question Captain...why am I wearing this attire?"

James shrugged and said "Old Earth Custom."

Prime Universe - Holodeck One

Katcha was on the holodeck wearing beach clothing as had been requested.

She went up to the Captain.

"So vot is zis Beach Vollyball ve are supposed to be playing" She asked, having never heard of, let alone played the sport before.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Michael Ferdinand

[ISS Exctinction- Fleet Captain's Ready Room- Mirror Universe]

Fleet Captain's war log, stardate: 73005.3. The Exctinction has left drydock and is preparing to warp to Cardassian space to end this ruse once and for all. They have attempted to seize control of our space for too long. We will put an end to their existence. End log.

Alyssa had finished her log and walked out of the ready room and on to the bridge of the newly christened ship. It was the most powerful ship in the fleet, with armaments that could raze entire countries in seconds. Her prededessors would have salivated at what this ship could do, but it was hers, both the ship and it's crew.

Suddenly, a medium toned noise played in Alyssa's head. "Reminder." said the voice of Sam, the AI installed as the ship's main computer. "As we prepare our launch for assured annihilation of the Cardassian and the Klingons, Captain Meadows would like you to remember that whatever happens, happens. If this mission is successful, praise be the Captain. If it fails... the captain has asked me to determine punishments in a highly ethical manner. That does not imply the death station is deemed off limits by the captain."

As Sam's announcement ended, Alyssa stepped to the center of the bridge. "Attention!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. The crew dropped what they were doing, somewhat haphazardly and saluted her. "Begin a ship wide announcement."

"Comms are open, ma'am."

=/\=Now hear this. As of 0800 hours, I have taken command of this vessel and it's crew. We are going to war. Any acts of insubordination from here on out will be considered treason against the empire. Prepare the ship for battle. =/\=

Alyssa ended the comm and thanked the communications officer. She moved to the center chair of the bridge, her chair, taking a seat and relishing it's comfort. "Helm, full impulse out of this system and then set a course to our enemy at warp 6."

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Kachina Filitov

Mirror Universe - Rebel Ship Aeries - Bridge

Katcha had been lounging in the centre chair for the past couple of hours. At first she had paid attention, but she had quickly become bored. This was a potentially deadly situation for most of those present as when the assassin got bored, she often killed a crew member to try and alleviate the boredom.

At this moment she was playing with her throwing knives.

Already there were several knives buried in the bulkheads and in the back of two of the seats. One or two of the crew men figured it was only a matter of time before the deadly woman used them for target practice instead.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 02, 2018, 10:09:45 PM

[Rebel Ship Aeries Á¢â,¬"œ Senator Hawke's Room- Mirror Universe]

James looked at this desk and presses the comm. "My love, initiate Operation Shatterpoint.  Cloak our ship, and attach us to that monster."

Katcha sat up and gave a feral smile before she replied.

=/\= All is ready my Beloved. Engaging the cloak now! =/\= She purred through the com.

Closing the channel, she turned to the crew.

"You heard the Senator!" She said. "Engage the cloak and attach us to the ship!" She added, her voice as smooth as silk and as deadly as tetrodotoxin.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 02, 2018, 10:09:45 PM

Monster would be the appropriate word.  The ship that shall not be named.

James left his room and walked into the bridge.

Katcha stood and glided over to her lover.

"All is ready for you." She said in a low, seductive voice.

Ardyn Jaeger

[ISS Extinction Special Execution chamber]

Commander Ardyn Jaeger eyed the lieutenant, correction; former lieutenant with a leering glare. Her polished boots clicked against the metal floor rhythmically. Less than an hour after christening the ship and she already had to deal with insubordination and treason in the crew. She had caught the fool practically pulling out a knife to stab her in the back. He however, didn't consider her well-honed reflexes or her hidden mental abilities, and was subdued without incident by the crew still loyal to her.
Eying the sniveling man, she circled him like a hawk, coldly watching him.

"Tsk tsk, Cotterell. You could've done better than that sloppy job. I could read you from a mile away." The former officer struggled against his bindings, uttering muffled protests and curses underneath the gag. Curling her fingers almost seductively against his chin,  she ripped off the gag with brutal force.

"No matter. You are just in time to witness something new. It's a feature I specifically requested for this ship, and you'll be the first to try it." "Try what?" The bound man asked in apprehension, the fear clearly evident on his face. She smiled icily, feeling the man's terror. Mentally reaching out, she began reading, warping the man's mind, extracting the information she wanted. "What... What are you doing to me!?"
She said nothing, as she was twisting his worst nightmares back into view, the man screaming to get imaginary creatures off of him.

Tapping in a command, a trapdoor opened underneath the man. Screaming, he fell into a large, metal rotunda.
The nightmarish visions were gone now, as he stared around the cold metal confines of the rotunda. A forcefield barrier flickered off, revealing a dark, foreboding yaw of a cage, with the name Steve above the doorway, in some twisted way to make the cold metal room seem more... pleasant.

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, he saw a slight movement. A Velociraptor, barely bigger than a turkey came out of a cage, sniffing the air hungrily. "What in the bloody he..." He never got to finish what he said, as the raptor suddenly bolted, launching himself at the man with a serrated grin. Cotterell screamed as the sickle-like claws dug into his arms.

Ardyn was interrupted by the voice of SAM, the Ship's resident AI, echoing in her earpiece "Commander, it's recommended that the Executive officer be on the bridge, especially on the maiden voyage. We wouldn't want Anything to go wrong." Ardyn rolled her eyes. Trust that blasted AI to ruin all the fun of a good execution.

"Fine. I'll head over there." She turned to the officers next to her. "After Steve is done with his lunch, I want this place cleaned stat. No questions asked. Am I clear?" Both nodded furiously, hoping to avoid the woman's wrath. "Good." She turned around and headed to the bridge, blood-curdling shrieking still echoing through the room.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Michael Ferdinand

[Tribunal Proceedings- Starfleet HQ- Prime Universe- One week ago]
Alyssa stood before the tribunal, hands cuffed. They had begun grilling her a short time ago and it didn't seem like they would relent any time soon. Ironically, but in no way humorous to her, Admiral Jikkara Scott was heading the tribunal. Apparently, had Alyssa taken the to actually read the Admiral's current profile, she would have known that Admiral Scott was the vice head of the judicial branch of Starfleet Command.

"And further more, what you did to Captain Green will not go unpunished. You have been a menace to Starfleet ever since you took the hippocratic oath. When I'm done with y--."

"Admiral. Urgent message from the new President." In the time that the admiral had been berating Alyssa, a courier had entered with a data padd. He strolled passed Alyssa and handed it to the angry woman sitting at the head of the table.

The Admiral snatched the padd from his hand and waved him away as she began reading it. Her face scowled before she let out a screaming "WHAT?"

Alyssa wanted to say something, wanted to know exactly what the admiral was now do furious about. She didn't have to wait long.

"YOU, Doctor Alyssa Meadows, have been pardoned by the president of the United Federation of Planets. She has also ordered this to be expunged from your record. Get out."

[USS Shran- Prime Universe]
Since the pardon, Alyssa had been in a frantic hurry to get ready for her return to the Shran. All of her belongings were still in suitcases, so that wasn't a problem. The problem, as it turned out, was getting Stephan ready for his first time living on a Starship. At first, it was all he could talk about, but when the day finally arrived to move, he seemed sheepish. She made him go through the transporter first.

It was the following morning. Stephan was still asleep, and Alyssa had wanted to get into work a bit earlier than usual. She walked into sickbay with a bit of excitement, but that soon faded away when she heard a voice, a new voice, in her head.

"Greetings Doctor Meadows, identification number 3-5-4-1-6. I am Sam and welcome back to Sickbay. You will be pleased to hear that while settling down, you have been promoted to the position of Chief Medical Officer. Congratulations Doc..."

Before he had finished speaking, Alyssa had walked out of Sickbay. "Nope" she muttered to herself. "Nope, nope, nope. I already have enough voices in there. I don't need another one."

Ardyn Jaeger

Holodeck 1]
Ardyn felt the sand underneath her feet, trickling all around. After another lengthy tribunal and almost getting kicked out of Starfleet again, she was surprised that they actually pardoned her on this one. That was practically unheard of. She was fully expecting the law to catch up with her for once, make her pay for her crimes. Of course, this wasn't without cost. Starfleet Command had ordered her to be transferred at the end of the month to the Discovery. Apparently, they had assumed that perhaps separating Ardyn from the rest of the crew would "settle them down." Unlikely chance, but orders were orders, and she kinda deserved some kind of punishment. But if anything, she'd be able to be with Steve again, and that would be worth it. Grinning at the others, Ardy grabbed the volleyball. "How much do you wanna bet that I can spike this out the court?"

Alt of Kinley Garrison

James A. Hawke

[U.S.S. Shran  Holodeck #1  Prime Universe]

James looked down and felt the sand underneath his feet.  He went down and touched the sand.  It felt warm.  He looked up and noticed the sun shining brightly.  The weather and the scene were almost perfect, but of course is that you expected.

From the side he noticed Kachina coming from the front.  He heard her say

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 02, 2018, 10:44:23 PM

"So vot is zis Beach Vollyball ve are supposed to be playing" She asked, having never heard of, let alone played the sport before.

James nodded.  He walked a couple of feet and grabbed a volleyball from the ground.

James turned to Kachina and explained "This is a Volleyball, the objective of the game is to send it over the net without touching the ground.  If it touches the ground, then the opposing team scores a point.  You can only hit the ball once, and you can only hit it a maximum of three times to send it over the net.  You need to work together as a team."

James then asked, "Do you have any questions?"

James then looked at Ada and said "Ada, can you ask both Tam and Meadows to show up too."

Ada raised her eyebrow and merely responded "Knowing them, they are probably working...unlike a certain someone that is avoiding paperwork."

=/\= Dr. Meadows, Commander Tam, please report to Holodeck #1, to play a Beach Volleyball game.  Please dress in the appropriate attire.  Also if you are in the middle of work, feel free to complain to the Captain =/\=

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 03, 2018, 11:42:18 AM

"How much do you wanna bet that I can spike this out the court?"�

James turned around and was surprised to see Ardy coming in.

James then asked "Ardy what are you doing here?  I thought you were transferred to the Discovery with T'Ra, Inz and yourself.  On a side note...be ready to suck...I used to be a good athlete when I was in the Academy."

Michael Ferdinand

[ISS Exctinction- Bridge]
The ship moved slowly through the system, much more slowly than Alyssa had be accustomed to. "Helm, what's the hold up?"

"Sorry ma'am, it's a large ship. I'm going at full impulse."

"ETA until we leave the sector?" Alyssa asked.

"Umm, another fifteen minutes ma'am."

Alyssa sighed. She heard the Turbolift doors open and close from behind her but she didn't turn to see who it was.

"Can we go to warp now?"

"Not yet, Ma'am. There's too much interference. We might run into something."

"Fine. See us out, Mr. Logan"

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 03, 2018, 12:24:33 PM

[U.S.S. Shran - Holodeck #1 - Prime Universe]

James nodded.  He walked a couple of feet and grabbed a volleyball from the ground.

James turned to Kachina and explained "This is a Volleyball, the objective of the game is to send it over the net without touching the ground.  If it touches the ground, then the opposing team scores a point.  You can only hit the ball once, and you can only hit it a maximum of three times to send it over the net.  You need to work together as a team."

James then asked, "Do you have any questions?"

Prime Universe - Holodeck

Katcha looked at James and shrugged.

"Vell zere is von vay to find out." She replied, holding up her hands to be passed the ball.

James A. Hawke

Senator Hawke entered the bridge of the Rebel Ship.  He was merely a political figure a person that deals with paperwork.  His wife, on the other hand, was a warrior a person who knew combat.  Usually, the democratically elected civilian government would not have a Senator, but this mission was critical.  He has just gotten from his meditation. James had a sense of calm and reassurance.

James walked in and spotted his wife.  She was playing with knives.  He responded, "Thank you, my love."

He walked next to her in the center of the bridge and tried to kiss her at her check.  He looked at her and said "All right, time to explain the operation approved by our leaders."

He looked at the crew and said "We are right now attached to the Empire's newest weapon the I.S.S. Exctitnion.  Our intelligence suggests that this ship has enough firepower to destroy our fleet and bases by itself.  As such, we have to kill it.  However, we don't have the firepower to take it out.  In 2267, we were visited by the "other" universe in which my Mentor, Spock was visited by someone in which they claimed is called the Federation.  In 2371, we were able to go to the other universe successfully an capture the "other" Sisko.  Today's operation will go down in history as the biggest transfer between the two universes."

James then pointed at a device "This device right here, will work as a "conduit" while traveling at Warp. We will take that Monster to the other Universe and convince the Federation to destroy it for us.   I don't think this need to be said, but the fate of the Rebellion lies in this operation.   But we will risk everything and we will survive  as Nietzsche  once said: "The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously."

James walked to his Wife and handed it to her he gently tried to kiss her as he gave the device "Here you go, you are the only person I trust with this.  All you need to do is attach it to their warp core.  Get in, place the device and get out.   No need for heroics.  You will carry out this mission and come back to me."

James then muttered to himself "We are about to unleash hell to the other universe."

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 03, 2018, 01:37:38 PM

Senator Hawke entered the bridge of the Rebel Ship.  He was merely a political figure a person that deals with paperwork.  His wife, on the other hand, was a warrior a person who knew combat.  Usually, the democratically elected civilian government would not have a Senator, but this mission was critical.  He has just gotten from his meditation. James had a sense of calm and reassurance.

James walked in and spotted his wife.  She was playing with knives.  He responded, "Thank you, my love."

He walked next to her in the center of the bridge and tried to kiss her at her check.  He looked at her and said "All right, time to explain the operation approved by our leaders."

Rebel Ship Aeries - Bridge

Katcha smiled and returned the kiss.

"The Bridge is all yours my love." She replied, stepping back to give her husband the room to make his announcement.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 03, 2018, 01:37:38 PM

He looked at the crew and said "We are right now attached to the Empire's newest weapon the I.S.S. Exctitnion.  Our intelligence suggests that this ship has enough firepower to destroy our fleet and bases by itself.  As such, we have to kill it.  However, we don't have the firepower to take it out.  In 2267, we were visited by the "other" universe in which my Mentor, Spock was visited by someone in which they claimed is called the Federation.  In 2371, we were able to go to the other universe successfully an capture the "other" Sisko.  Today's operation will go down in history as the biggest transfer between the two universes."

James then pointed at a device "This device right here, will work as a "conduit" while traveling at Warp. We will take that Monster to the other Universe and convince the Federation to destroy it for us.   I don't think this need to be said, but the fate of the Rebellion lies in this operation.   But we will risk everything and we will survive  as Nietzsche  once said: "The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously."

James walked to his Wife and handed it to her he gently tried to kiss her as he gave the device "Here you go, you are the only person I trust with this.  All you need to do is attach it to their warp core.  Get in, place the device and get out.   No need for heroics.  You will carry out this mission and come back to me."

James then muttered to himself "We are about to unleash hell to the other universe."

Katcha took the device and returned her Husbands kiss again.

"I promise you my Beloved. I will get in and out and no-one will know I was there!" She replied seductively.

Stepping away, she collected her knives before slipping them into the sheath that was strapped to her right leg. She then checked the phaser that was at her waist before going to her wrist mounted device.

It combined a PADD, communicator, transporter beacon and portable cloaking device. On it, she had already loaded the stolen schematics of the ISS Exctinction. She had known that her Husband, who hoarded his trust like all good politicians, would only entrust her with the task.

The cloak only had enough power for 10 minutes, so she would have to be in and out fast. Once she had double and triple checked her equipment she went back over to James and gave him another kiss, this time on the lips.

"Wish me luck James." She whispered in his ear before stepping back and turning to the Ops officer.

"Find an empty corridor as close to Engineering as you can and transport me directly there!" She ordered

"Yes Ma'am." The officer nervously replied.

Seconds later Katcha felt the familiar sensation of the transporter and she found herself in the deserted corridor. Quickly activating the cloak, along with the timer she followed the map down the corridor towards main engineering.

ISS Exctinction - Outside Main Engineering.

After several minutes she silently arrived at the doors to Main Engineering. It was there she encountered her first problem. On either side of the the doors was a pair of burly, uniformed security personnel! She had seen several of them as she made her way through the ship, but had managed to avoid them. Her mental timer told her she had just over 7 minutes left so she had no time to wait.

She silently debated taking them both out, but needed to make sure her presence was not noted so timing it perfectly was essential. She waited for the doors to open for a member of the crew and slipped in after them.

ISS Exctinction - Main Engineering

Katcha looked around her and the large room was buzzing with activity.

She slowly and carefully weaved through the the busy room and made her way to the Warp core.

Silently she attached the device to the bottom of the Warp core, making sure it would not be easily noticed. Once it was in place, she just as silently left engineering.

Once she was out, she made her way at a run until she found a deserted corridor.

When she found one, she was about to deactivate her cloak when it shut itself down. Taking no time to congratulate herself, she activated her transported beacon and seconds later found herself back on the Bridge of the Aeries.

Rebel Ship Aeries - Bridge

As soon as she materialised, she walked straight over to where James was standing.

"The device is in place my Love." She said, almost purring in his ear.

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 03, 2018, 01:13:47 PM

[ISS Exctinction- Bridge]
The ship moved slowly through the system, much more slowly than Alyssa had be accustomed to. "Helm, what's the hold up?"

"Sorry ma'am, it's a large ship. I'm going at full impulse."

"ETA until we leave the sector?" Alyssa asked.

"Umm, another fifteen minutes ma'am."

Alyssa sighed. She heard the Turbolift doors open and close from behind her but she didn't turn to see who it was.

"Can we go to warp now?"

"Not yet, Ma'am. There's too much interference. We might run into something."

"Fine. See us out, Mr. Logan"

[Bridge - ISS Extinction]
Ardyn walked onto the bridge in her usual manner, eyeing the officers below her with a glare that reminded them of the consequences of disappointing her. Word of the execution would go around of the traitor, Cotterell. And when word got around, her grip would tighten. Just the way she planned. Staring at the blurring contrails of stars out of the viewscreen, Ardyn eyed the captain in her peripheral vision. Someday, she would be the one in the center chair. But not yet. As much as Ardy loathed the woman standing in front of her, and would love to slip in a bit of poison at dinner or perhaps less subtly, a knife in her heart,  the time was not right. So she watched. And waited.

"Captain, I have dealt with the traitor. He will not... bother us any more."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Kinley Garrison

Hallways - Shran]

Kinley was understandably lost. This was an absolutely HUGE ship! After depositing her stuff inside her new quarters, she received an invite to meet some of the fellow bridge officers. Captain Hawke wasn't all that specific on what he was planning, all she knew was that it was in the holodeck. Opening the door, she immediately noticed the hot ocean breeze coming out with a whoosh. A tropical island vacation, quite the nice touch. Walking inside, she saw the others, all in beach attire and preparing to start a game of beach volleyball. Suddenly, she felt very overdressed for the occasion. "Erm...Hi guys. I'm Kinley Garrison, the new transfer here. Pleased to meet you."

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.