S12 - M6: Allergic Reaction

Started by Tekin Nevir, January 02, 2018, 11:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian Grix

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 12, 2018, 11:08:58 PM

[Bridge]

T'Ra couldn't remember sitting down, but she must have at some point, otherwise there wouldn't be a raptor sitting in her lap. She cooed as she scratched him under the chin. "There now, little one." Between all the lights and the heat, she might as well have been on Vulcan.

But then it was like someone flicked a switch, putting out most of the lights on the bridge. Only from the glow of the back up system was she able to see anything.

-/\-Bridge to Engineering, what the blazes is going on?-/\-

Quote from: Declan Vincent on January 13, 2018, 01:34:51 AM

[Main Engineering]

The Captain's comm broke the unusual silence. The normal hum of a working engine had long expired as did the fight; losers laid out on the floor and winners exhausted. One old timer - a lifer - was reading War and Peace at a vacant console, the red warning lights the only illumination.

Johannsen had stopped quoting Shakespeare when he thought he was Hamlet's ghost father and could easily run through the wall. The wall taught him physics.

Declan just stared at Johannsen crumpled up on the deck, a goose egg like a secret gift awaiting him when he regained consciousness.

"It's the Captain." Said one of the engineers beside Declan, pointing at the comm panel. "If we are really quiet, she'll think we aren't home."

The lights, which had been flickering, went out completely. The emergency lighting eventually came on adding more system warning lights to the onslaught already visible.

"If you look closely at them" yet another engineer slurred, his finger waving toward the warning lights. "They kind of look like the constellation Orion."

"Are you daft!" Said the first engineer. "It is easily Constellation Draco cause it goes from there....all the way over there."

Declan sighed and pulled himself from his seated position. His finger went toward the comm panel on the console. "It's the new captain so we have to put on a good impression..." He was serious for a second before he and many of the conscious burst out laughing.

=/\= Captain, this is Crewm- =/\= Declan paused and a big smirk crossed his lips. =/\= Commander Vincent here in Engineering. You just missed Johannsen, he knows his Shakespeare I tell you. =/\=  He sat back in his seat.

An engineer shouted. "Shakespeare is better in it's original Klingon!"

" Do you mind, I'm on the comm here." Declan snapped. There was silence followed by laughter from the others. =/\= Everything is peachy here, Captain though you should tell the Science Department that we found Constellation Draco.
So don't be a stranger and I hope you have a lovely day up there on the Bridge . =/\=

Declan turned off the comm and the second engineer slapped him on the shoulder. "That was beautiful. I think you really impressed her."

[Bridge]

"Err T'Ra you don't need mood lighting" Black smiled at where he could see the outline of the Captain, Sitting forward he reached under the console and pulled out two Tactical Lights before standing and walking over to the Captain's chair.

He flopped down in the Centre chair and held a light out for T'Ra to take "Sounds like Commander Crewman has things under control down there, so what should we do"? He grinned as he said it in a way he never would normally but right now all he wanted to do was get out of uniform as his mind wandered through many things that would not even occur to him.

"Why don't we set course for somewhere with lots of woods and a big lake and we can all just chill out for the rest of our days, I wouldn't mind being marooned with you". He leaned forward slightly and almost fell out of the chair, regaining his balance and in his intoxicated state thought no one had noticed.

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: EQ Kimball on January 11, 2018, 05:21:50 PM

[Shuttle]

EQ shook his head.  He could not speculate as to what the crew might be doing.  It all seemed crazy to him, but he did not so out loud.

"Bringing us down now, Sir" Kimball said.  A moment later a thump was heard.  And then more noise was heard as the bay doors started to close.

"Aye, Sir" EQ replied.  He turned off the engines and unstrapped himself from his seat.  He took a phaser and got into position to follow Tekin.

Quote from: LK Reede on January 11, 2018, 05:29:15 PM

[Shuttle Everest]

Lt. Reede, unused to the navigational screens, stared at the console in front of her. Then she keyed in a commands to change a few orders to read like a medical tricorder. Nodding to herself, she said, "Checking for life signs."

Nothing. Pressing a few more buttons, LK waited impatiently for the screen to come back with life signs. Or death signs. Anything. Maybe the keyboard was stuck. She gave a slight kick with her leg, her knee coming up under the console to tap lightly against the board. Her screen gave a jump and lit up with numbers. Probably just a coincidence.

"I'm getting three life signs on the bridge, complement of 45 throughout the ship." She shook her head. "That can't be right, sir."

Reede stood, checking to make sure her phaser was secured on her hip and her medical tricorder was situated on the opposite hip. She turned to follow the Cmdr. Nevir.

[Shuttle Bay 2]

Nevir nodded.  "Unless people decided to abandon ship, I don't see how there can only be 45.  Look... none of the lifepods have been used." he pointed out as the shuttle entered the bay and landed.  Phaser drawn, he left Kimball to shut down the shuttle systems and follow behind with the rest of the crew.  It didn't take long after coming out to find out that something was very, very wrong.

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 11, 2018, 08:39:00 PM

[Shuttle bay 2]

The turbolift opened, to the deck she was looking for. Bursting into the hanger bay, she saw another shuttle had landed inside and the crew disembarking. "Hold the bay doors! That scoundrel Wu isn't going to get away with this!"

No light, no crew, and now a Lieutenant was accusing Wu of something.  If there was something he knew he couldn't accept, it was the crew leaving... or any more leaving.

"Lieutenant!  Hold it there!" Nevir shouted, his phaser drawn... he couldn't be too careful.  "What are you talking about?  Where is the shuttle crew, where is the Captain, and why were the cores shut down?"  he said, stepping against the shuttle, in case a firefight occurred.

"What the hell happened?"

Kirok

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on January 14, 2018, 03:37:12 PM

[Shuttle Bay 2]

Nevir nodded.  "Unless people decided to abandon ship, I don't see how there can only be 45.  Look... none of the lifepods have been used." he pointed out as the shuttle entered the bay and landed.  Phaser drawn, he left Kimball to shut down the shuttle systems and follow behind with the rest of the crew.  It didn't take long after coming out to find out that something was very, very wrong.

No light, no crew, and now a Lieutenant was accusing Wu of something.  If there was something he knew he couldn't accept, it was the crew leaving... or any more leaving.

"Lieutenant!  Hold it there!" Nevir shouted, his phaser drawn... he couldn't be too careful.  "What are you talking about?  Where is the shuttle crew, where is the Captain, and why were the cores shut down?"  he said, stepping against the shuttle, in case a firefight occurred.

[Shuttle]

EQ shut down the systems.  He was the pilot, so it was his job.  As such, he was the last out of the shuttle and was behind the others.

He was the last to see Jaeger at the door.  He was bewildered.  He had no idea what she was doing.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Declan Vincent on January 13, 2018, 01:34:51 AM

[Main Engineering]

=/\= Captain, this is Crewm- =/\= Declan paused and a big smirk crossed his lips. =/\= Commander Vincent here in Engineering. You just missed Johannsen, he knows his Shakespeare I tell you. =/\=  He sat back in his seat.

An engineer shouted. "Shakespeare is better in its original Klingon!"

" Do you mind, I'm on the comm here." Declan snapped. There was silence followed by laughter from the others. =/\= Everything is peachy here, Captain though you should tell the Science Department that we found Constellation Draco. So don't be a stranger and I hope you have a lovely day up there on the Bridge . =/\=

Declan turned off the comm and the second engineer slapped him on the shoulder. "That was beautiful. I think you really impressed her."

Quote from: Steven Black on January 14, 2018, 04:08:42 AM

[Bridge]

"Err T'Ra you don't need mood lighting" Black smiled at where he could see the outline of the Captain, Sitting forward he reached under the console and pulled out two Tactical Lights before standing and walking over to the Captain's chair.

He flopped down in the Centre chair and held a light out for T'Ra to take "Sounds like Commander Crewman has things under control down there, so what should we do"? He grinned as he said it in a way he never would normally but right now all he wanted to do was get out of uniform as his mind wandered through many things that would not even occur to him.

"Why don't we set course for somewhere with lots of woods and a big lake and we can all just chill out for the rest of our days, I wouldn't mind being marooned with you". He leaned forward slightly and almost fell out of the chair, regaining his balance and in his intoxicated state thought no one had noticed.

[Bridge]

With her Vulcan heritage, T'Ra s eyesight was better than most humans, as was her hearing and pretty much every aspect of her biology. Don't forget you're half human, Schatz, Evan would remind her from time to time. Though this was usually when she was tense and uptight. But she felt good right now, more than good.

She had been going somewhere with that train of thought, but perhaps it was the loss of light that caused her to lose sight of it. T'Ra tilted her head, watching as the impressive silhouette lumbered from behind the security station to plop down in the chair previously occupied by the little raptor. As the security chief handed her a light, something he said sparked something, and it suddenly occurred to her what she was going to say.

-/\-Things may be peachy down there in Engineering,-/\- she griped, tapping her comm badge, -/\-but it sure ain't rosey up here. Shoot Romeo if you have to, but do something.-/\-

T'Ra turned back to the security officer. "Yeah, I don't know what his name is. Come to think of it, I don't know what your name is either. Still getting to know the crew. But I do know Al there at the helm. I did just ask him to plot a course..." But there was no one sitting at the helm now. The little raptor began to stir uneasily. "No, Steve."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

LK Reede

[Shuttle Bay 2]

[Shuttle Bay 2]

LK stopped beside Cmdr. Nevir then glanced behind her to see Kimball bringing up the rear. A young woman had just raced past them intent on getting somewhere in a hurry. A name popped into LK's head - Jaeger. Stepping further into the bay, Lt. Reede turned around hoping to see what the hurry was all about.

What she did see confounded her totally. She closed her eyes tightly then blinked rapidly. Yep. Two crewmen were sleeping on shipping crates and three others seemed to be playing cards. She leaned forward. Yep. They were playing poker.

"What the hell is going on?" she muttered.

Inzjana

[MAIN SICKBAY ---> SCIENCE LAB 2]

Inzjana awoke on the bio-bed having been asleep, or more to the point in a trance-like state. Bolting upright and confused as to how she got to medical, she pulled herself off the bed and stood straightening her uniform. Inzjana had absolutely no memory of the last few hours, in fact the last thing she remembered was being in the science lab at her station.

"Fascinating!" Inzjana exclaimed stoically, "might I inquire as to how I come to be in sickbay?" She asked the android doctor who had been leaning over her when she awoke.

It was then she noticed that T'Ra's husband was completely starkers and was laying on the bio-bed opposite hers. Raising a quizzical eyebrow, Inzjana said "I may be new to this vessel doctor but as far as I am aware a modicum of dress is still required unless in personal quarters."

Turning back to the android, Inzjana stated matter-of-factly, "if there is nothing else doctor, I should return to my duties and attempt to ascertain where I have been, as I seem to have no memory of how I come to be here."

With that, Inzjana left sickbay, her eyes perfectly attuned to the darkened ship, she had no need for a torch, one of the benefits of having evolved from a predator Inzjana thought as she made her way back to the science lab.

On the way, Inzjana was bemused to see that crew members she passed on the way were in varying states of apparent drunkenness. I was obvious to her now that either the entire crew had held one of the biggest parties this side of the orion nebula and were all intoxicate, or 'pissed' as her friend Andre Offenbach would say, or something else was afoot.

Remembering reading about similar occurrences aboard the USS Enterprise 1701 and the USS Enterprise 1701-D respectively it was apparent that they were no more intoxicated by ethanol than she was.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Ardyn Jaeger

[Shuttle Bay 2]

[Shuttle Bay]

Ardyn stopped in her tracks, mostly aware that the Commander had a phaser pointed at her. Everything seemed somewhat hazy to her now, almost like a dream. Shaking it off, she smirked, "Woah. Easy on the questions, man. I don't know where everyone is. Steve might. He stayed on the Bridge with Ra-Ra, last I saw them. As for the cores, I don't know, I'm a pilot, not an engineer.... Oh wait, yeah I am" She said, remembering that little detail. "Yeah, they kinda broke after the little race I had with Wu. Now if you don't mind, I gotta catch up with him. That little sneak thinks he can get to the nebula before me." She said, heading towards her Flyer.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Declan Vincent

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 15, 2018, 12:19:04 AM

[Bridge]

With her Vulcan heritage, T'Ra s eyesight was better than most humans, as was her hearing and pretty much every aspect of her biology. Don't forget you're half human, Schatz, Evan would remind her from time to time. Though this was usually when she was tense and uptight. But she felt good right now, more than good.

She had been going somewhere with that train of thought, but perhaps it was the loss of light that caused her to lose sight of it. T'Ra tilted her head, watching as the impressive silhouette lumbered from behind the security station to plop down in the chair previously occupied by the little raptor. As the security chief handed her a light, something he said sparked something, and it suddenly occurred to her what she was going to say.

-/\-Things may be peachy down there in Engineering,-/\- she griped, tapping her comm badge, -/\-but it sure ain't rosey up here. Shoot Romeo if you have to, but do something.-/\-

[Main Engineering]

Declan grabbed another PADD from the stack on the console and like a frisbee, tossed it across the room against the wall. It's shattered remains joining it's compatriots.

The Captain's voice seem to boom over the comm which stopped Declan in mid swing.  "Seems she wants our Shakespeare shot so shoot him."

"We don't have any phasers." Stated one of the engineers. "But I can give him a good shock with the coil modulator."

All were in agreement so they dragged the unconscious Johannsen over to the modulator.

Declan pulled himself up and began to make his way across the engine room. The heat had made most, including Declan, strip off their duty jackets, though none considered dealing with the soaring temperature issue.

He only made it midway when a spanner struck him in the back, sending him to the floor.

His attacker was a giant of a man who during the earlier fighting, crumpled a poor young ensign. "Who made you bossman, old timer."  He approached, ready to deliver a fatal blow with his engineer tool.

"Damn." Declan winced as he slowly got to his feet, his own spanner having been given to him. "When did they allow gorillas to work in here little alone talk?"

The big man was already enraged and closed the gap between them only to be distracted by the computer announcing another technical problem from yet another system. It was only a few seconds but enough for Declan to swing his own tool, catching the big man in the jaw. He soon joined the floor.

Declan had the 'gorilla' tied up with the discarded duty jackets though some more mischievius crewmen  also dragged him toward the coil modulator for a little shock treatment.

Declan returned to the console and tapped the comm panel. =/\= Vincent to the Bridge. We are unable to help you great people up there on the Bridge with your petty problems because, well I have at least another dozen PADDs to toss and there seems to be a line up at the coil modulator. =/\=

He then returned to breaking Starfleet property while engineers volunteered to get a little tapped.

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 15, 2018, 10:56:00 PM

[Shuttle Bay]

Ardyn stopped in her tracks, mostly aware that the Commander had a phaser pointed at her. Everything seemed somewhat hazy to her now, almost like a dream. Shaking it off, she smirked, "Woah. Easy on the questions, man. I don't know where everyone is. Steve might. He stayed on the Bridge with Ra-Ra, last I saw them. As for the cores, I don't know, I'm a pilot, not an engineer.... Oh wait, yeah I am" She said, remembering that little detail. "Yeah, they kinda broke after the little race I had with Wu. Now if you don't mind, I gotta catch up with him. That little sneak thinks he can get to the nebula before me." She said, heading towards her Flyer.

[Shuttle Bay 2]

Nevir was stunned, he turned to the away team in confusion, and then back to Ardyn.

"They.... broke?"

Nevir relaxed, putting his phaser down.  "You separated the ship the race, and broke the engines in the process?  Are you insane?"

He glanced back at Reede.  "That doesn't sound right to you, does it?" he asked, gesturing towards the pilot.

"We have crew lazily hanging around, Flight officers risking the ship for a race... and you want me to let you go off in a flyer to chase after Wu.  Since when did protocol fall apart where you can address the Captain by a nickname and not address me as my rank.  I'm not letting you leave this ship." he said, gesturing with his other hand for the away team to get to work.

"Lieutenant, you're grounded for the foreseeable future.  Overloading a Starfleet vessel is not a joke.  And you there!" he said, calling to the lazy crewmen.  "Anyone care to do their jobs around here?" 

Alexander Wu

[Shuttlecraft O'Brien]

As he sped towards the nebula, Alex was still feeling too warm, despite having lowered the temperature to the point where he was able to see his expiratory breaths. Each time the mercury dipped, his head cleared a bit more, and that little voice tickling the back of his mind became more insistent. "What the hell am I doing?" He suddenly blurted aloud, turning the shuttle away from the nebula. The extent of the damage didn't strike him until Discovery slid into view.

Though he had come from the primary section, Sickbay was in Beta. Shivering in the freezing interior of his shuttle, Alex plotted a course for it's shuttlebay entrance with numb fingers.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kirok

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on January 16, 2018, 12:10:37 PM

[Shuttle Bay 2]

Nevir was stunned, he turned to the away team in confusion, and then back to Ardyn.

"They.... broke?"

Nevir relaxed, putting his phaser down.  "You separated the ship the race, and broke the engines in the process?  Are you insane?"

He glanced back at Reede.  "That doesn't sound right to you, does it?" he asked, gesturing towards the pilot.

"We have crew lazily hanging around, Flight officers risking the ship for a race... and you want me to let you go off in a flyer to chase after Wu.  Since when did protocol fall apart where you can address the Captain by a nickname and not address me as my rank.  I'm not letting you leave this ship." he said, gesturing with his other hand for the away team to get to work.

"Lieutenant, you're grounded for the foreseeable future.  Overloading a Starfleet vessel is not a joke.  And you there!" he said, calling to the lazy crewmen.  "Anyone care to do their jobs around here?"

[Corridor]

EQ heard and saw what was going on.  But he did not believe his eyes or ears.  So, he simply remained silent.  Waiting for the commanding officer to give him an order.

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on January 16, 2018, 12:10:37 PM

[Shuttle Bay 2]

"They.... broke?"

[Shuttlebay]

Ardyn looked at the Commander in shock and dismay. "Grounded?!" She said, feeling rather jilted. She wanted to fly, for crying out loud! But why? A nagging thought ran through her mind. As she stepped forward to protest, she felt suddenly very dizzy. It was that blasted heat. "Can someone turn down the temperature here? It's an oven in here."

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Declan Vincent on January 16, 2018, 02:26:40 AM

[Main Engineering]
Declan returned to the console and tapped the comm panel. =/\= Vincent to the Bridge. We are unable to help you great people up there on the Bridge with your petty problems because, well I have at least another dozen PADDs to toss and there seems to be a line up at the coil modulator. =/\=
He then returned to breaking Starfleet property while engineers volunteered to get a little tapped.

[Bridge]

T'Ra was exhausted, emotionally drained. Her thoughts raced ahead like an engine out of control, the friction of this giving off so much heat she was on the verge of collapse. Her tunic clung to her chest, the fabric plastered to her skin by sweat alone, but she found she did not have the strength, nor the energy, to peel it off, and it was suffocating her, leaving her gasping for breath, the dark shadows of demons dancing before her blurry eyes, taunting her, leering, yet she could do nothing to stop them, she could not move, she could not sleep, for in that sleep of death, what dreams may come, when we have shuffled off this mortal coil... must give us pause...

At last her mind was still. And she found she could speak. "Flog him."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Inzjana

SCIENCE LAB 2

Inzjana was about to step through the door to science lab 2 when approaching she came to the realization that the door's motor wasn't working, so she pulled the panel open and used the manual release. When the hydraulic pumps had opened the door far enough she stood in to a complete mess. It seemed the chief science officer had been using the entire lab as his own personal rumpus room, with smashed user interfaces and pieces of equipment was everywhere.
As he whooshed past Inzjana making Á¢â,¬Ëœwhooshing' noises as he went using as he was using a PADD as a chasing another PADD in the other hand. As he worked his way around the room again and was about to pass Inzjana for the second time, she used her Vulcan reflexes to full advantage using the Vulcan nerve-pinch to him out of commission for a while. As he stumbled forward to the ground held for a time by her vice-like grip, the first PADD then the second PADD made landfall with the CSO going next. He lay snoring peacefully on the floor with his two Á¢â,¬Ëœtoys' snuggled next to his chest.
It was fascinating just how polywater intoxication affected people differently just as ethanol did. Sweat was pouring off the CSO's face, as Inzjana stepped over him while saying to his unconscious form, "my apologies lieutenant." Whilst being glad she was a Vulcan and was spared the horrors Á¢â,¬"œ at least to a Vulcan Á¢â,¬"œ that poured out of sweat glands. Of course it was well known that Vulcans came from a arid planet and therefore evolved to have a physiology that retained as much moisture as possible. Excess heat was removed from their bodies via exhalation, which is why they had a hotter breath than humans and other humanoid species.
Of course Inzjana realized when she had awoke, having a powerful quantum computer-like brain as Vulcans do that the crew were manifesting the symptoms of polywater intoxication and it was this very same brain that had rendered unconscious to heal her body.
Seeing that the computer terminals were now useless thanks to the chief science officer, Inzjana opened the equipment draws and collected a tricorder that was thankfully spared from the CSO's rampage, a pair of VISR glasses and a type 2 phaser. Pairing the tricorder to the VISR, she put the glasses on and put the tricorder in her pocket along with the phaser, set to stun in the other pocket.
The augmented reality display of the VISR were displaying constant telemetry in front of her vision, shifting the displayed information to whatever she was looking at, at the time. It took time for her nocturnal eyes to get used to the VISR adjusting to the low light levels by shifting the spectrum to the infrared night-vision mode, but like it is with all life-forms, it didn't take long for her to get used to it.
Knowing that the crew aboard the returning shuttle, are like to be unaffected by the polywater and with the warp cores off-line, they would have had to dock the shuttle rather than just beam aboard, so with that in mind Inzjana made her way towards shuttle bay 2 in the hopes that they decided to dock there. With the warp core offline and the Discovery in three separate pieces thanks the MVA mode being activated, it was only logical.

=/\= "Inzjana to commander Nevir, the crew are infected with polywater; I am on my way to shuttle bay 2. Can we meet?" =/\=

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Kirok

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 16, 2018, 10:45:08 PM

[Shuttlebay]

Ardyn looked at the Commander in shock and dismay. "Grounded?!" She said, feeling rather jilted. She wanted to fly, for crying out loud! But why? A nagging thought ran through her mind. As she stepped forward to protest, she felt suddenly very dizzy. It was that blasted heat. "Can someone turn down the temperature here? It's an oven in here."

[Corridor]

EQ looked from Tekin to Ardyn.  He didn't know her well.  But she did see off.

Still it was not his job or duty to say as much.  So he turned back to Tekin.  "Sir?" he prompted.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.