Author Topic: S12 - M6: Allergic Reaction  (Read 4504 times)

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S12 - M6: Allergic Reaction
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2018, 02:08:53 am »
T'Lulu let Inzjana brace herself on her arm to get to her feet.  When she turned around, it was clear that by this point Buehler had completely stripped himself nude.  T'Lulu blinked.  She tapped her combadge.
=/\= May to Bridge.  Captain Jones, I think we have a situation.  There seems to have been an outbreak of some sort that is affecting the behavior of those infected.  I am curious as to how far this has spread... are any of the Commanders showing any strange symptoms?
T'Lulu awaited her reply while leading her two new patients to an exam room.
someone had to disturb her peace.

-/\-This is Jones,-/\- she replied, lazily tapping her badge, -/\-the bridge crew seems to be in remarkably good spirits, although not all seem to be enjoying the warm climate as much as I am.-/\-
[Alpha Bridge]
=/\="Hey, that wasn't fair!"=/\= Alex complained over the blaring alarms over an open channel to the Beta section as they dropped out of warp, coincidentally near where Jaeger had stopped. =/\="I want a rematch!"=/\=
"She cheated!" Alex protested, tapping at his unresponsive console pointlessly. "I'll get her next time, you'll see!"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:10:49 am by T'Ra Jones »

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Christian Grix

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Guess Who Just Got Back Today!
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2018, 07:10:43 am »
[Bridge]

As the turbolift doors opened Lt Commander Black stepped out slowly with his tunic draped over his shoulder and wearing his undershirt instead, he leant against the bulkhead and smiled at the scene before nonchalantly making his way to tactical. "Good morning Captain" he drawled as he looked over to her and winked. "Damn it's hot in here" He then took the seat at the console and sat back placing his boots up on the edge of the console.

"Did i hear rematch? who are we up against, i'm sure I can disrupt their engines haha" the laugh came across a little more evil than intended "Unless we are up against a hot female then I might just congratulate the winner, nothing personal Alex you are just not my type".

For about the tenth time in as many minutes Steven wiped the sweat from his brow with his arm as he looked at T'Ra of course she is hot too but she's the Captain he thought before smiling again but worth the risk He laughed out loud again before accessing the console to check ......what the hell was i going to do? "can't have been important" he said quietly before returning to his thoughts.

Offline Inzjana

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Embrace Eternity
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 11:10:02 am »
[Bridge]
-/\-Hello?-/\- T'Ra tapped her badge. -/\-Hellooo? You're going to have to speak louder, Miss.-/\-
In the closet, in the dark, rocking back and forwards and frightened, Inzjana jumped when she heard a dim disembodied voice come from what seemed to her as out of no where, "Ha?" She said meekly.

Hearing the cry again, she found herself in front of a custodial closet.  She knocked, "Hello?  Is someone in there?"  T'Lulu heard the cry once more and opened the door to find, who else but a young Vulcan woman in a blue uniform. 

"Are... are you okay, Miss?"  Inzjana lay there panicked, flushed, and lost.  T'Lulu pulled out her tricorder and began examining her.  In the background, Lieutenant Buehler paced back and forth tugging at his clothes uncomfortably.

"Miss, I think you have been contaminated by something.  I am getting the same readings as this fellow behind me, who seems to have an abnormal substance in his bloodstream.  I am a doctor, may I take you in for testing?"

T'Lulu let Inzjana brace herself on her arm to get to her feet.  When she turned around, it was clear that by this point Buehler had completely stripped himself nude.  T'Lulu blinked.  She tapped her combadge.

=/\= May to Bridge.  Captain Jones, I think we have a situation.  There seems to have been an outbreak of some sort that is affecting the behavior of those infected.  I am curious as to how far this has spread... are any of the Commanders showing any strange symptoms?

T'Lulu awaited her reply while leading her two new patients to an exam room.

Inzjana looked up at the woman's face looking down at her through tear soaked eyes and nodded, allowing the nice medical officer pick her up and support her on the way to sickbay. It was then, leaning on the doctor's arm with her own arm wrapped around her shoulders that she looked over at the naked man whom she recognized as the captain's husband, what's-his-face. It was when she looked down, that Inzjana forgot all about trying to remember his name and burst out laughing, "Bwahahahahahahaha!" Through her amusement, she said, "I am so glad I don't have one of those, looks uncomfortable..." adding, "you poor thing!" It was then she completely lost it.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 12:25:02 pm »
[Bridge]

T'Ra still sat comfortably in the seat designated for the XO. Something in the back of her mind knew that she was in fact the captain, but she wasn't really bothered enough to move. The bridge was still so warm, and it was starting to make her sleepy. She closed her eyes a moment, taking a deep breath. But then someone

[Bridge]

Alex took a brief moment to sulk, then brightened up instantly. "Hey, that's true! We don't have any rules..." His eyes gleamed maniacally as he had another brilliant idea. "She said first to the nebula...we're not IN the nebula. Race is still on!" Alex laughed, bursting out of his seat again, wavering unsteadily on his feet. "And we are moving, Captain. We're drifting towards the nebula. According to the navigational computer, we'll be fully inside it in two hours, 43 minutes, and 32 seconds."

He yelped. "That's two hours, 43 minutes, and 22 seconds until SHE beats me! Gotta get going!" Darting past Black as he came on the bridge, Alex stumbled into the turbolift. "No need Steve, she's not your type either. Not after I'm done with her!" He grinned, and slammed his hand down on the 'close' button, before cheerfully calling out, "Shuttlebay!", and zooming down the tube.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Failing means you're playing.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 03:20:30 pm »
[Bridge]
[as Steve]

Steve squeaked in frustration as his mommy didn't listen to him and kept going. She wouldn't normally do that, but what was the little Velociraptor to do about that? Turing his attention to the others, He hopped back on the Captain's chair, only to find himself standing face to face with another one of the humans. This one however, was scary. His analysis of the facial and body language told him that this human wanted to fight him. Squeaking in terror, Steve did the best thing he knew how to do: he ran.

[Bridge]

Lennox had gone to take a swing, but only found himself hitting empty space as he glanced around him, watching the velociraptor run off with a rather bemused look on his face.

"Well ye gotta appreciate the little guy's courage." He replied, albeit slightly tongue-in-cheek.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Offline Declan Vincent

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 08:21:35 pm »

[Main Engineering]

Declan nor any other engineer responded to the Captain's comm initially. For his part, he had been staring at the console even as red warning lights were beginning to light up the board like some twisted version of Christmas lights.

The thermostat gauge that read the air temperature circulation distribution of life support subset had been crawling up the scale from a livable room temp to subtropical - shipwide - within a short span of time. No one was monitoring it and if anyone had touched the controls, well they were not particularly concerned.

Johannsen, for his part, was giving monologues straight from Shakespeare, while two others began quarrelling then fighting over who adored a certain female officer more. The fight then encompassed two more after a vague Andorian insult was slurred.

Declan was shoved which stirred him slightly to some form of semi alertness. His hand swept across his forehead, relieving enough perspiration that was not all accounted by the elevated temperature.

"Why is it so hot in here?" The engineer in him looked to the warp core as if it was going to breach when he was roughly pulled to his feet. That helper was soon clocked with a haymaker and ended up sprawled across the deck.

Some of the officers tried to intervene as Declan stood as an observer. Johannsen just pranced around as if doing a production of the Bard.

Perhaps it was at this moment that Declan remembered the Captain's comm. While the ruckus was still going on behind him, he tapped his commbadge.

=/\= Vincent to the Bridge, increasing ship core temperature as ordered. =/\=

His fingers adjusted the temperature to exactly what centigrade, even he was unclear.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 03:09:00 am »
[Bridge]
As the turbolift doors opened Lt Commander Black stepped out slowly with his tunic draped over his shoulder and wearing his undershirt instead, he leant against the bulkhead and smiled at the scene before nonchalantly making his way to tactical. "Good morning Captain" he drawled as he looked over to her and winked. "Damn it's hot in here" He then took the seat at the console and sat back placing his boots up on the edge of the console.
"Did i hear rematch? who are we up against, I'm sure I can disrupt their engines haha" the laugh came across a little more evil than intended "Unless we are up against a hot female then I might just congratulate the winner, nothing personal Alex you are just not my type".
For about the tenth time in as many minutes Steven wiped the sweat from his brow with his arm as he looked at T'Ra of course she is hot too but she's the Captain he thought before smiling again but worth the risk He laughed out loud again before accessing the console to check ......what the hell was i going to do? "can't have been important" he said quietly before returning to his thoughts.
[Bridge]
"And we are moving, Captain. We're drifting towards the nebula. According to the navigational computer, we'll be fully inside it in two hours, 43 minutes, and 32 seconds."
He yelped. "That's two hours, 43 minutes, and 22 seconds until SHE beats me! Gotta get going!" Darting past Black as he came on the bridge, Alex stumbled into the turbolift. "No need Steve, she's not your type either. Not after I'm done with her!" He grinned, and slammed his hand down on the 'close' button, before cheerfully calling out, "Shuttlebay!", and zooming down the tube.
=/\= Vincent to the Bridge, increasing ship core temperature as ordered. =/\=
His fingers adjusted the temperature to exactly what centigrade, even he was unclear.

-Evan Buehler

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2018, 05:06:20 pm »

[Shuttle]

Pilot EQ Kimball.  Yeah he liked the sound of that.  But his original training had been in Engineering.  So what he was seeing did not make sense.

Torpedoes didn't simply walk off the ship on their own.  They had to be loaded by one person and then launched by a second person.  How could two people make such a colossal mistake 14 times. 

"I agree, Sir" Kimball had said a few times.  It didn't make sense.  None of it.

"Aye, Sir.  Heading in.  But just to note, I'm not seeing any signs of recent battle" he added as he took the shuttle in safely.

"Neither do I..." Nevir responded, assisting with matching the shuttle's telematry with the almost completely turned over bow section.  A flash from his screen indicated that the main engineering core was being heated somehow, despite the fact that the core had already down a shut-down. 

"They aren't seriously trying to overload the warp core, are they?" he asked, as the shuttle neared the bow bay.  Nevir put in his command codes to override, and the door opened, allowing them entrance.  The bay was deserted, and dark with only emergency lights. 

"Land us.... everyone arm up.  Stay quiet on the comms.. if there are hostile presences here, I don't want them to know about us." he said, opening the door to the ship.  The ship was eerie, not in an abandoned way, but in a neglectful way.  Like no one seemed to have a care in the world to running the ship.

"Stick to the plan... Kimball, Reede, with me.  We're heading to the bridge.  Understood?"

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2018, 05:21:50 pm »
"Neither do I..." Nevir responded, assisting with matching the shuttle's telematry with the almost completely turned over bow section.  A flash from his screen indicated that the main engineering core was being heated somehow, despite the fact that the core had already down a shut-down. 

"They aren't seriously trying to overload the warp core, are they?" he asked, as the shuttle neared the bow bay.  Nevir put in his command codes to override, and the door opened, allowing them entrance.  The bay was deserted, and dark with only emergency lights. 

"Land us.... everyone arm up.  Stay quiet on the comms.. if there are hostile presences here, I don't want them to know about us." he said, opening the door to the ship.  The ship was eerie, not in an abandoned way, but in a neglectful way.  Like no one seemed to have a care in the world to running the ship.

"Stick to the plan... Kimball, Reede, with me.  We're heading to the bridge.  Understood?"

[Shuttle]

EQ shook his head.  He could not speculate as to what the crew might be doing.  It all seemed crazy to him, but he did not so out loud.

"Bringing us down now, Sir" Kimball said.  A moment later a thump was heard.  And then more noise was heard as the bay doors started to close.

"Aye, Sir" EQ replied.  He turned off the engines and unstrapped himself from his seat.  He took a phaser and got into position to follow Tekin.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline LK Reede

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I live on a starship
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2018, 05:29:15 pm »
[Shuttle Everest]

"All three cores are offline... impulse engines went into emergency shutdown... something is wrong there." he said, trying the comm systems.  There was absolutely nothing.  No acknowledgement, no chatter, not even a connection.

"And the comms are down.... shields offline... weapons in shutdown, life support stable, power levels are half what they should be.  So many failsafes are active... its like no one bothered to watch the systems." he said, turning towards the away team.

"Doctor, check the life signs... tell me they are all there." he said, turning to the medical officer.  His engineering officer seemed stunned.. no doubt looking at the state of engineering.  His science officer, too, seemed concerned... sensors were also down. 

"Alright... transporters are down.. and isolated to the Alpha Core for some reason?  Kimball, take us in to the upper shuttle bay.  Override the controls if you have to to get us in.  Everyone else, I want you all armed.  We'll split into two teams.  Reede, Kimball, you are with me to the bridge.  The rest will make their way to Alpha engineering.  And we have to hope we can put the ship back together.  And that it will stay.  Be ready for anything.

"Kimball.. take us in."

[Shuttle Everest]

Lt. Reede, unused to the navigational screens, stared at the console in front of her. Then she keyed in a commands to change a few orders to read like a medical tricorder. Nodding to herself, she said, "Checking for life signs."

Nothing. Pressing a few more buttons, LK waited impatiently for the screen to come back with life signs. Or death signs. Anything. Maybe the keyboard was stuck. She gave a slight kick with her leg, her knee coming up under the console to tap lightly against the board. Her screen gave a jump and lit up with numbers. Probably just a coincidence.

"I'm getting three life signs on the bridge, complement of 45 throughout the ship." She shook her head. "That can't be right, sir."

Reede stood, checking to make sure her phaser was secured on her hip and her medical tricorder was situated on the opposite hip. She turned to follow the Cmdr. Nevir.

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2018, 08:39:00 pm »
[Bridge]

Alex took a brief moment to sulk, then brightened up instantly. "Hey, that's true! We don't have any rules..." His eyes gleamed maniacally as he had another brilliant idea. "She said first to the nebula...we're not IN the nebula. Race is still on!" Alex laughed, bursting out of his seat again, wavering unsteadily on his feet. "And we are moving, Captain. We're drifting towards the nebula. According to the navigational computer, we'll be fully inside it in two hours, 43 minutes, and 32 seconds."

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:40:14 pm by Ardyn Jaeger »

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 11:08:58 pm »
[As Steve]

Steve was hiding under one of the computer stations, watching. The situation seemed to die down, but he needed some cuddles, so he hopped over on the nice Captain's lap. At least she seemed to have a handle on things for the most part.

-Evan Buehler

Offline Declan Vincent

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2018, 01:34:51 am »

[Main Engineering]

The Captain's comm broke the unusual silence. The normal hum of a working engine had long expired as did the fight; losers laid out on the floor and winners exhausted. One old timer - a lifer - was reading War and Peace at a vacant console, the red warning lights the only illumination.

Johannsen had stopped quoting Shakespeare when he thought he was Hamlet's ghost father and could easily run through the wall. The wall taught him physics.

Declan just stared at Johannsen crumpled up on the deck, a goose egg like a secret gift awaiting him when he regained consciousness.

"It's the Captain." Said one of the engineers beside Declan, pointing at the comm panel. "If we are really quiet, she'll think we aren't home."

The lights, which had been flickering, went out completely. The emergency lighting eventually came on adding more system warning lights to the onslaught already visible.

"If you look closely at them" yet another engineer slurred, his finger waving toward the warning lights. "They kind of look like the constellation Orion."

"Are you daft!" Said the first engineer. "It is easily Constellation Draco cause it goes from there....all the way over there."

Declan sighed and pulled himself from his seated position. His finger went toward the comm panel on the console. "It's the new captain so we have to put on a good impression..." He was serious for a second before he and many of the conscious burst out laughing.

=/\= Captain, this is Crewm- =/\= Declan paused and a big smirk crossed his lips. =/\= Commander Vincent here in Engineering. You just missed Johannsen, he knows his Shakespeare I tell you. =/\=  He sat back in his seat.

An engineer shouted. "Shakespeare is better in it's original Klingon!"

" Do you mind, I'm on the comm here." Declan snapped. There was silence followed by laughter from the others. =/\= Everything is peachy here, Captain though you should tell the Science Department that we found Constellation Draco.
So don't be a stranger and I hope you have a lovely day up there on the Bridge . =/\=

Declan turned off the comm and the second engineer slapped him on the shoulder. "That was beautiful. I think you really impressed her."

Offline Inzjana

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Embrace Eternity
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2018, 09:20:59 am »
[MAIN SICKBAY]

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2018, 03:12:22 pm »
[Shuttlecraft O'Brien]

First the shuttlebay doors wouldn't open, and then he couldn't get the shuttle started. Finally though, the engines kicked on and Alex clumsily launched into the darkness of space, occasionally rubbing his eyes. He just couldn't seem to concentrate, and the console kept going blurry. Wiping his forehead on his sleeve, Alex sat back in his chair, breathing heavily. Why is it so warm? "Computer, lower the temperature by ten degrees celcius."

As cool air began blowing out of the environmental systems, he felt his head clear slightly, and with it the nagging thought, what am I doing out here? Glancing out the window, Alex watched the beta hull pass slowly out of view, and he was reminded of the vaguely important task. But why is beating her so important? The question asked a little louder, even as he increased speed to the nebula.

Why is it so warm?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles