News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

S12 - M6: Allergic Reaction

Started by Tekin Nevir, January 02, 2018, 11:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 05, 2018, 09:24:31 PM

[Bridge]

Ardy traced her fingers on the buttons of the console lazily. "Pfft. Yeah, I did know that. I think I dressed Steve in a bow tie for your wedding. It wasn't easy getting him to stay still long enough for me to encode that mod into him, that's for sure." She said eying the button that controlled the phaser banks. Shrugging, she pushed it, sending a phaser shot into the empty space. Jumping slightly aback, she grinned. "Cool, very cool."

[as Steve]

Steve was bored. All of his little friends were at school or taking a nap right now, and no one needed any cuddling in the counselor's office, so the little raptor simply wandered through the halls. Suddenly, an idea came to him: maybe he should say hi to his mommy! She would give him some attention, for sure.

Manifesting himself on the bridge, he hopped over, long claws clicking on the metal floors. Looking around, he saw she wasn't where she was supposed to be, pressing buttons that made stuff go boom. Cocking his head in confusion, he immediately hopped over to her and grabbed her jacket sleeve with his teeth, trying to pull her away.

[Bridge]

Sitting down at the wrong station was one thing, but starting to fiddle with the buttons on the console was another thing entirely. T'Ra was still becoming acquainted with the layout of the Discovery's bridge, but she was fairly certain that the flight officer was sitting at a sec/tac console. As T'Ra started to stand, something shot from the ship, arcing across the main viewer in a brilliant arc. It was kind of pretty though. "Helm," she mumurred, her words starting to run together, "change course. Second star to the left, and straight on Á¢â,¬Ëœtill morning."

She moved to sit back down, but something blocked her way. There was something, or someone, already in her chair. "Steve." Since when was he captain?

Quote from: T'Lulu May Soong on January 06, 2018, 02:01:13 AM

"Thank you for assisting me," T'Lulu gave a soft smile.  "I am an android.  Though, my sensors detect the ship's climate is within normal parameters.  If you are feeling flushed, perhaps you are ill."  She reached for her tricorder from her hip and began examining Mr. Buehler on the spot.  Her slender fingers tapped the buttons and her eyes fluttered rapidly.  After asking for the gentleman's name, T'Lulu paused and cocked her head in that android way.

"I am picking up some very strange readings, Mr. Buehler."  Once on her feet, she handed off her tray of supplies to the nearest nurse in the hallway.

"Here, please take this to room 811B, STAT." Her head geared a double take as her relay walked--limped--skipped?--down the hallway.

"No, no, room 811B! The other way, please ~" T'Lulu grabbed the nurse and firmly thrusted her in the right direction. With enough propulsion, she figured, she'll make it there eventually.

"You--Mr. Buehler.  Follow me."  T'Lulu needed to consult her readings with the doctor immediately.

[Sickbay - NPC Evan Buehler]

Evan's head turned to watch as the young nurse skipped down the hall with the tray, a smile forming at the corners of his lips. "Hmm?" he replied. "I can certainly do that." He was too tired to argue, wiping another bead of sweat from his brow. "I'm always ready to help a lady," he added. "What can I do for you now?" Maybe removing his shirt would be a good idea, it was really starting to stick to his chest.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 06, 2018, 02:59:21 AM

[Bridge]

Sitting down at the wrong station was one thing, but starting to fiddle with the buttons on the console was another thing entirely. T'Ra was still becoming acquainted with the layout of the Discovery's bridge, but she was fairly certain that the flight officer was sitting at a sec/tac console. As T'Ra started to stand, something shot from the ship, arcing across the main viewer in a brilliant arc. It was kind of pretty though. "Helm," she mumurred, her words starting to run together, "change course. Second star to the left, and straight on Á¢â,¬Ëœtill morning."

She moved to sit back down, but something blocked her way. There was something, or someone, already in her chair. "Steve." Since when was he captain?

Evan's head turned to watch as the young nurse skipped down the hall with the tray, a smile forming at the corners of his lips. "Hmm?" he replied. "I can certainly do that." He was too tired to argue, wiping another bead of sweat from his brow. "I'm always ready to help a lady," he added. "What can I do for you now?" Maybe removing his shirt would be a good idea, it was really starting to stick to his chest.

Bridge]
[as Steve]

Despite all his pulling, his mommy didn't move. So he decided to try a different tactic. As soon as his friend who was the mommy of the little one got up, he manifested himself on the Captain's chair and squeaked. He wasn't like his humans, and couldn't command others, though maybe they might realize something was up. Maybe. Humans could be very strange sometimes, but this wasn't normal, even for them.

[As Ardy]
Ardy looked at the raptor in almost a haze as she attempted to pull her sleeve. Such an adorable little guy. Turing her attention to the officer at the helm, she smirked. "Hey, It's Wu, right? I bet I can fly this ship way better than you. I'll even wager my Latinum on it. Ya in?"

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

LK Reede

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on January 05, 2018, 12:35:35 PM

[Shuttle Everest]

"I'm not sure..." was the reply he gave the doctor, looking over the ship diagnostics, just in case there was something wrong with them.  "Everything checks out.  Chronometer is accurate, navigation is accurate... but our ship isn't here." he said, gesturing in front of him.

"Kimball, do we have anything?"

Nevir shook his head.  "No, that can't be right... Jones is more than a capable officer.  She wouldn't miss a rendezvous like this... at least not without sending a message." he said, shaking his head.  He decided to bring the science station to his console, readjusting and realigning the passive sensors, before tapping into the long range sensors."

"Let's try... a gravitron spectrum... for evidence of a ship passing.... they had to have made it..." he said, mumbling while the computer processed the request.  Nothing on the warp spectrum, no evidence of super-subspace interference, no signatures of a warp core at all.  But there was one thing, very faint.

"Look, here... there are residual waves.  Something did pass through... but at sublight speeds." he said, looking up.  "And it just continues through... why wouldn't they use the warp engines?  Or were they followed?" he mused to himself, shaking his head.

"Give the nacelles a break, Kimball, set a course to follow those waves to their source.  Full impulse.  Reede, take the fifth station over there, monitor for any space traffic."

[Shuttle]

"Right on it, boss." LK moved around a couple of seats to take her position at a navigation console. She didn't need to log in since the shuttle didn't require it when in space. Her fingers moved silently over the keyboard, the monitor showing the vastness of space and not much else. 'Space Traffic' could have been anything.

Then she spotted it: a thin trail of waves. "Judging by the size of the displacement, whatever was here was small. I'm not seeing anything else."

Lt. Reede glanced over at the Borg seated at the pilot's station. "You getting anything, Kimball?"

Inzjana

[SCIENCE LAB]

Inzjana was sitting at her station as the Chief Science Officer Lieutenant Johan Spielenberg was doodling on his station with crayons he had just replicated. Being new to Discovery, she was unfamiliar with the eccentricities of the crew, but thought it odd that the CSO was currently colouring in the house he had just drawn on the user interface.

"Lieutenant, are you all right sir," Inzjana asked stoically, with her left eyebrow raised in bemusement.

"I'm fine," he said, slurring his words, "nearly finished, then I am going to get started on the fence."

Standing, Inzjana grabbed a tricorder from a draw, thinking that the man was clearly drunk on duty and should be reported as soon as possible. Logic dictated that a scan be performed first though, to make sure there was no medical reason for his current behaviour and scanned him using the 'bio' function. Discovering that he was a female Vulcan instead of a human male came as a great shock to Inzjana, before she realized the tricorder was upside down and she was scanning herself.

"Fascinating," she said giggling.

Turning it up the right way, Inzjana scanned him again and found an odd contaminant in his bloodstream that appeared to be in her's as well. The effects being similar to over consumption of ethenol-based beverages. But seeing as alcohol does not effect Vulcans and she didn't remember eating any chocolate, there was only one more logical reason for their impaired cognitive functions, but it didn't account for her sudden craving for chocolate.

Leaving the Science Lab, Inzjana made her way out in to the corridor on the second try and made her way to medical in the wrong direction, swearing that the turbolift was around here somewhere.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Alexander Wu

[Bridge]

[

[Bridge]

"Second Star..." Alex repeated, frowning. A sheen of sweat covered his face, though it went unnoticed. He haphazardly chose a heading at random, towards the largest, biggest, glowest star on their long range sensors. "Aye Aye Captain." He chuckled suddenly, feeling ridiculously amused as the ship changed course on his command. Alex tapped another control, dropping them out of warp. And then into warp. And then back out. "Hey this is fun. Captain, choose another question."

He turned, recoiling as he was startled by the sudden appearance of what could only be a dinosaur on the bridge. A very extinct species, if he recalled correctly. "Well shiver me timbers, now I know I'm dreaming."

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 06, 2018, 12:02:34 PM

Bridge]
[as Steve]

Despite all his pulling, his mommy didn't move. So he decided to try a different tactic. As soon as his friend who was the mommy of the little one got up, he manifested himself on the Captain's chair and squeaked. He wasn't like his humans, and couldn't command others, though maybe they might realize something was up. Maybe. Humans could be very strange sometimes, but this wasn't normal, even for them.

[As Ardy]
Ardy looked at the raptor in almost a haze as she attempted to pull her sleeve. Such an adorable little guy. Turing her attention to the officer at the helm, she smirked. "Hey, It's Wu, right? I bet I can fly this ship way better than you. I'll even wager my Latinum on it. Ya in?"

"I have a better idea." Alex replied with a slowly spreading grin. The dinosaur was all but forgotten. He got up, wavering slightly as the deck seemed to shift. Stumbling to the bulkhead, he climbed up a few steps and sprawled over at the next workstation. "This is gonna be something you've never seen before.", he promised, entering in a sequence of commands with practiced ease. On the bridge and throughout the rest of the ship, lightstrips flickered to life, bathing them in blue light along with the accompanying broadcast.

=/\="Initiating decoupling sequence. Auto-separation in ten seconds. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. Separation sequence in progress."=/\=

Alex turned to face the lieutenant, still smiling widely as the vibrations of unlatching clamps rumbled below their feet. "Wanna race?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 06, 2018, 12:02:34 PM

Bridge]
[as Steve]

[As Ardy]
Ardy looked at the raptor in almost a haze as she attempted to pull her sleeve. Such an adorable little guy. Turning her attention to the officer at the helm, she smirked. "Hey, It's Wu, right? I bet I can fly this ship way better than you. I'll even wager my Latinum on it. Ya in?"

Quote from: Alexander Wu on January 07, 2018, 01:29:47 PM

[Bridge]

"Second Star..." Alex repeated, frowning. A sheen of sweat covered his face, though it went unnoticed. He haphazardly chose a heading at random, towards the largest, biggest, glowy-est star on their long range sensors. "Aye Aye Captain." He chuckled suddenly, feeling ridiculously amused as the ship changed course on his command. Alex tapped another control, dropping them out of warp. And then into warp. And then back out. "Hey this is fun. Captain, choose another question."

He turned, recoiling as he was startled by the sudden appearance of what could only be a dinosaur on the bridge. A very extinct species, if he recalled correctly. "Well shiver me timbers, now I know I'm dreaming."

"I have a better idea." Alex replied with a slowly spreading grin. The dinosaur was all but forgotten. He got up, wavering slightly as the deck seemed to shift. Stumbling to the bulkhead, he climbed up a few steps and sprawled over at the next workstation. "This is gonna be something you've never seen before.", he promised, entering in a sequence of commands with practiced ease. On the bridge and throughout the rest of the ship, lightstrips flickered to life, bathing them in blue light along with the accompanying broadcast.

=/\="Initiating decoupling sequence. Auto-separation in ten seconds. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. Separation sequence in progress."=/\=

Alex turned to face the lieutenant, still smiling widely as the vibrations of unlatching clamps rumbled below their feet. "Wanna race?"

[Bridge]

T'Ra found herself stumbling backwards, just barely avoiding squashing the little raptor, landing in the first officer's chair instead. Yes. That was better. She had always been more comfortable in that chair anyways. Though it was a relief to sit down, her head still felt heavy, so she was more than happy to defer command to whomever was sitting in the center seat. Maybe it was just her mind playing tricks, but their voice seemed to come out as a squeak.

"Whatever they said," T'Ra added. "Just don't break the ship. Or maybe---"

-Evan Buehler

Kirok

[Shuttle]

EQ started following the trail as instructed.  It took them way off from where they were to meet the Discovery.  His duty station dinged.  "Sir, there may be something ahead" Kimball reported.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Inzjana

[SOMEWHERE!!!]

Wondering around the ship for an hour now, Inzjana admitted to herself that she was well and truly, not just a little bit, LOST!

She was proud of herself as a Vulcan should when her high intellect discovered to the Turbolift and haughtily walked in to a closet directly opposite the Science Lab where she was stationed, apparently unbeknownst to her she had been doing laps of the deck trying to find the damned elusive Turbolift.

The closet was dark, very dark and Inzjana at the best of times hated dark enclosed spaces, illogical she knew, but ever persistent. So she did what any young adult Vulcan female would do in this situation; she pouted, flopped on the floor and sucked her thumb. Something she never ever did, not even when she was a little girl.

minutes past and she finally came to a modicum of her senses, so Inzjana took her thumb out of her mouth long enough to yell "HHHEEELLLPPP!!!" Then satisfied that her ears were ringing sufficiently, tapped her combadge:

=/\= "HHHEEELLLPPP!!!"  =/\=

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Lennox Ainsley

[Bridge]

The ship had been getting rather warm. Rather too warm, if not bordering on stifling as Lennox tugged at his collar. Of course, throughout the time, he moved about, shuffling from one station to another.

"Feckin' hell!" He exclaimed, being that a dinosaur had suddenly made an appearance - certainly a species he thought had been long extinct. But, of course, being the man that he was - he had decided to go up to the dinosaur and prod it in the chest. "Ye wanna go?"

The Scotsman was all too happy to pick a fight with the dinosaur.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Tekin Nevir

A few hours later....

[Shuttle Everest]

Fourteen.  Thats how many they found... 14 unexploded, unarmed torpedoes.  That was almost a tenth of their standard complement of photon torpedoes.  A bit less, since three of the abandoned torpedoes were part of the their Quantum complement.

Nevir was noticeably agitated.  Each one they found had the Starfleet markings, each one with their serial registry.  Someone was either dumping or firing torpedoes, and not even setting them.  There was absolutely no situation that would require this.  The first three Nevir had brought on board, but the rest... there were too many.  He half expected to find shrapnel, but nothing.  Nothing at all. If he had latinum for every time he muttered "this makes no sense", he would have made even the Ferengi Alliance jealous.  Prophets, he could have bought them all out.

There was a warp trail eventually found, but with the wrong heading, and wrong speed.  He would have left it if it wasn't for the damned torpedoes.  Worst still, the warp trail split into three.  They activated the MVA.  And he knew the ship wasn't ready to test that yet... as evidence by the sheared clamps and the plasma trail from what he feared was a ruptured nacelle.

About an hour later, the warp trail died, giving way to more ion trials... three to be exact.

"They dropped out of warp...." he muttered, but still they continued on.  Another half hour, and the ion trails died away.  The engines had stopped.

It was Kimball who sighted it first... a large mass adrift.  It turned out to be the bow section, and to the Bajoran's horror, the bow nacelle was all but gone.  Warp engines were offline.. as they expected.  Nearby, both halves of the engineering sections were also adrift, all three floating along like leaves on a pond.  The three sections were together, thankfully, but otherwise the ship looked... bad.

"All three cores are offline... impulse engines went into emergency shutdown... something is wrong there." he said, trying the comm systems.  There was absolutely nothing.  No acknowledgement, no chatter, not even a connection.

"And the comms are down.... shields offline... weapons in shutdown, life support stable, power levels are half what they should be.  So many failsafes are active... its like no one bothered to watch the systems." he said, turning towards the away team.

"Doctor, check the life signs... tell me they are all there." he said, turning to the medical officer.  His engineering officer seemed stunned.. no doubt looking at the state of engineering.  His science officer, too, seemed concerned... sensors were also down.

"Alright... transporters are down.. and isolated to the Alpha Core for some reason?  Kimball, take us in to the upper shuttle bay.  Override the controls if you have to to get us in.  Everyone else, I want you all armed.  We'll split into two teams.  Reede, Kimball, you are with me to the bridge.  The rest will make their way to Alpha engineering.  And we have to hope we can put the ship back together.  And that it will stay.  Be ready for anything.

"Kimball.. take us in."

Kirok

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on January 08, 2018, 01:43:10 PM

A few hours later....

[Shuttle Everest]

Fourteen.  Thats how many they found... 14 unexploded, unarmed torpedoes.  That was almost a tenth of their standard complement of photon torpedoes.  A bit less, since three of the abandoned torpedoes were part of the their Quantum complement.

Nevir was noticeably agitated.  Each one they found had the Starfleet markings, each one with their serial registry.  Someone was either dumping or firing torpedoes, and not even setting them.  There was absolutely no situation that would require this.  The first three Nevir had brought on board, but the rest... there were too many.  He half expected to find shrapnel, but nothing.  Nothing at all. If he had latinum for every time he muttered "this makes no sense", he would have made even the Ferengi Alliance jealous.  Prophets, he could have bought them all out.

There was a warp trail eventually found, but with the wrong heading, and wrong speed.  He would have left it if it wasn't for the damned torpedoes.  Worst still, the warp trail split into three.  They activated the MVA.  And he knew the ship wasn't ready to test that yet... as evidence by the sheared clamps and the plasma trail from what he feared was a ruptured nacelle.

About an hour later, the warp trail died, giving way to more ion trials... three to be exact.

"They dropped out of warp...." he muttered, but still they continued on.  Another half hour, and the ion trails died away.  The engines had stopped.

It was Kimball who sighted it first... a large mass adrift.  It turned out to be the bow section, and to the Bajoran's horror, the bow nacelle was all but gone.  Warp engines were offline.. as they expected.  Nearby, both halves of the engineering sections were also adrift, all three floating along like leaves on a pond.  The three sections were together, thankfully, but otherwise the ship looked... bad.

"All three cores are offline... impulse engines went into emergency shutdown... something is wrong there." he said, trying the comm systems.  There was absolutely nothing.  No acknowledgement, no chatter, not even a connection.

"And the comms are down.... shields offline... weapons in shutdown, life support stable, power levels are half what they should be.  So many failsafes are active... its like no one bothered to watch the systems." he said, turning towards the away team.

"Doctor, check the life signs... tell me they are all there." he said, turning to the medical officer.  His engineering officer seemed stunned.. no doubt looking at the state of engineering.  His science officer, too, seemed concerned... sensors were also down.

"Alright... transporters are down.. and isolated to the Alpha Core for some reason?  Kimball, take us in to the upper shuttle bay.  Override the controls if you have to to get us in.  Everyone else, I want you all armed.  We'll split into two teams.  Reede, Kimball, you are with me to the bridge.  The rest will make their way to Alpha engineering.  And we have to hope we can put the ship back together.  And that it will stay.  Be ready for anything.

"Kimball.. take us in."

[Shuttle]

Pilot EQ Kimball.  Yeah he liked the sound of that.  But his original training had been in Engineering.  So what he was seeing did not make sense.

Torpedoes didn't simply walk off the ship on their own.  They had to be loaded by one person and then launched by a second person.  How could two people make such a colossal mistake 14 times.

"I agree, Sir" Kimball had said a few times.  It didn't make sense.  None of it.

"Aye, Sir.  Heading in.  But just to note, I'm not seeing any signs of recent battle" he added as he took the shuttle in safely.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Alexander Wu on January 07, 2018, 01:29:47 PM

[Bridge]

"Second Star..." Alex repeated, frowning. A sheen of sweat covered his face, though it went unnoticed. He haphazardly chose a heading at random, towards the largest, biggest, glowest star on their long range sensors. "Aye Aye Captain." He chuckled suddenly, feeling ridiculously amused as the ship changed course on his command. Alex tapped another control, dropping them out of warp. And then into warp. And then back out. "Hey this is fun. Captain, choose another question."

[Bridge]
Ardyn grinned viciously. This was her area of expertise. "Oh yeah. We're SO on!" As she went out to head to the other section of the ship, she felt a tug on her shirt again. It was Steve. "Not now, buddy. I'm going to do some racing." She said, brushing the little raptor off before she headed to the beta section of the ship. This was going to be fun.

[battle bridge Beta]

Cracking her knuckles, Ardy grinned. =/\= Alright , Wu. I'm ready. Let's say first one at the pretty orange nebula wins. Cool? Jaeger out. =/\=
Activating the console, she grinned to an engineer behind her, who was playing with a box of tools. "Hold onto your socks. I'm punching it!"
Sitting down, she pushed the ship into Warp 9. =/\= "See ya, Wu!"=/\=
After cruising at warp for a few moments, suddenly, she felt the ship shaking, gradually vibrating more and more until she was forced to stop. They were at the pretty nebula, though. She counted this as a win.

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on January 08, 2018, 01:13:37 PM

[Bridge]

The ship had been getting rather warm. Rather too warm, if not bordering on stifling as Lennox tugged at his collar. Of course, throughout the time, he moved about, shuffling from one station to another.

"Feckin' hell!" He exclaimed, being that a dinosaur had suddenly made an appearance - certainly a species he thought had been long extinct. But, of course, being the man that he was - he had decided to go up to the dinosaur and prod it in the chest. "Ye wanna go?"

Bridge]
[as Steve]

Steve squeaked in frustration as his mommy didn't listen to him and kept going. She wouldn't normally do that, but what was the little Velociraptor to do about that? Turing his attention to the others, He hopped back on the Captain's chair, only to find himself standing face to face with another one of the humans. This one however, was scary. His analysis of the facial and body language told him that this human wanted to fight him. Squeaking in terror, Steve did the best thing he knew how to do: he ran.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on January 08, 2018, 01:13:37 PM

[Bridge]

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 08, 2018, 09:03:06 PM

[Bridge]
Ardyn grinned viciously. This was her area of expertise. "Oh yeah. We're SO on!" As she went out to head to the other section of the ship, she felt a tug on her shirt again. It was Steve. "Not now, buddy. I'm going to do some racing." She said, brushing the little raptor off before she headed to the beta section of the ship. This was going to be fun.

[Bridge]
[as Steve]

Steve squeaked in frustration as his mommy didn't listen to him and kept going. She wouldn't normally do that, but what was the little Velociraptor to do about that? Turing his attention to the others, He hopped back on the Captain's chair, only to find himself standing face to face with another one of the humans. This one however, was scary. His analysis of the facial and body language told him that this human wanted to fight him. Squeaking in terror, Steve did the best thing he knew how to do: he ran.

[Bridge]

T'Ra situated herself more comfortably in the XO's chair. Things were about to get interesting. Not that she doubted her new Chief of Flight's skill, but she had served long enough with the young lieutenant to know that she would certainly give him a run for his money. T'Ra would have preferred to watch Ardyn's fingers dance across the console on the battle bridge, but that would have required getting up, and she didn't quite feel like moving.

"You'll mind your tongue when you speak with him," she told the man in yellow as he approached the raptor who was sitting in the captain's chair. Steve did not at all seem to appreciate the way he had been addressed, hopping off the seat and scurrying away. "I hope you're bloody well pleased with yourself," she added in a curt tone.

The ship suddenly came to a halt. "What's the meaning of this, Commander?" T'Ra asked, directing her question to the helm. "I take this means your little race is finished?"

Quote from: Inzjana on January 08, 2018, 08:33:26 AM

[SOMEWHERE!!!]

-/\-Hello?-/\- T'Ra tapped her badge. -/\-Hellooo? You're going to have to speak louder, Miss.-/\-

-Evan Buehler

T'Lulu May Soong

Quote from: Inzjana on January 07, 2018, 09:46:43 AM

[SCIENCE LAB]

Turning it up the right way, Inzjana scanned him again and found an odd contaminant in his bloodstream that appeared to be in her's as well. The effects being similar to over consumption of ethenol-based beverages. But seeing as alcohol does not effect Vulcans and she didn't remember eating any chocolate, there was only one more logical reason for their impaired cognitive functions, but it didn't account for her sudden craving for chocolate.

Leaving the Science Lab, Inzjana made her way out in to the corridor on the second try and made her way to medical in the wrong direction, swearing that the turbolift was around here somewhere.

"You have to come with me to an examination room, if you would sir.  I would like to run some more tests, these readings are showing me--well, they are not normal.  Follow me."  T'Lulu didn't bother finishing describing her findings due to the glazed over look on the man's face.  Grabbing Lieutenant Buehler's arm, she guided him down the hall.
Quote from: Inzjana on January 08, 2018, 08:33:26 AM

[SOMEWHERE!!!]

Wondering around the ship for an hour now, Inzjana admitted to herself that she was well and truly, not just a little bit, LOST!

She was proud of herself as a Vulcan should when her high intellect discovered to the Turbolift and haughtily walked in to a closet directly opposite the Science Lab where she was stationed, apparently unbeknownst to her she had been doing laps of the deck trying to find the damned elusive Turbolift.

The closet was dark, very dark and Inzjana at the best of times hated dark enclosed spaces, illogical she knew, but ever persistent. So she did what any young adult Vulcan female would do in this situation; she pouted, flopped on the floor and sucked her thumb. Something she never ever did, not even when she was a little girl.

minutes past and she finally came to a modicum of her senses, so Inzjana took her thumb out of her mouth long enough to yell "HHHEEELLLPPP!!!" Then satisfied that her ears were ringing sufficiently, tapped her combadge:

Walking briskly down the hall, T'Lulu came to a halt--the broken momentum almost left Buehler on the ground.  Her head twitched as she searched for the near source of the cry.

Hearing the cry again, she found herself in front of a custodial closet.  She knocked, "Hello?  Is someone in there?"  T'Lulu heard the cry once more and opened the door to find, who else but a young Vulcan woman in a blue uniform.

"Are... are you okay, Miss?"  Inzjana lay there panicked, flushed, and lost.  T'Lulu pulled out her tricorder and began examining her.  In the background, Lieutenant Buehler paced back and forth tugging at his clothes uncomfortably.

"Miss, I think you have been contaminated by something.  I am getting the same readings as this fellow behind me, who seems to have an abnormal substance in his bloodstream.  I am a doctor, may I take you in for testing?"

T'Lulu let Inzjana brace herself on her arm to get to her feet.  When she turned around, it was clear that by this point Buehler had completely stripped himself nude.  T'Lulu blinked.  She tapped her combadge.

=/\= May to Bridge.  Captain Jones, I think we have a situation.  There seems to have been an outbreak of some sort that is affecting the behavior of those infected.  I am curious as to how far this has spread... are any of the Commanders showing any strange symptoms?

T'Lulu awaited her reply while leading her two new patients to an exam room.

Alexander Wu

[Bridge]

[Alpha Bridge]

Darting for the helm, Alex all but ignored the others on the bridge; this was between him and Jaeger now. His console was changing to reflect on their new configuration, and he waited impatiently as the self-diagnostics ran. They were taking far longer than he was willing to wait, and an incoming message didn't make him any happier.

=/\= Alright , Wu. I'm ready. Let's say first one at the pretty orange nebula wins. Cool? Jaeger out. See ya, Wu!"=/\=

The bridge suddenly shuddered violently as Jaeger jumped the Beta section away, sheering several docking clamps and umbilici which were still in the process of unlatching. Working around a dozen caution lights which screamed red from his display, Alex avoided a collision with the Gamma section, more out of luck than intention, as he regained the 'flight horizon'. "That little cheat!" He was hopping mad when the warp drive failed to engage, courtesy of their now shattered port retractable nacelle.

Diving for the MVA console again, Alex quickly took remote control of Gamma, and activated it's tractor beam. "You don't get to win that easily..." He muttered, bracing himself as he locked the tractor beam onto their own section. "And here, we, go!" Pushing the throttles wide open, Alex flung both sections into hot pursuit, cancelling the emergency overrides. According to the flight manual, warp 5 was the safe maximum speed to tow another ship; he didn't really much care at the moment. It apparently didn't matter much as the engines automatically shut down, finally pushed past their limits.

=/\="Hey, that wasn't fair!"=/\= Alex complained over the blaring alarms over an open channel to the Beta section as they dropped out of warp, coincidentally near where Jaeger had stopped. =/\="I want a rematch!"=/\=

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 09, 2018, 12:57:02 AM

[Bridge]

T'Ra situated herself more comfortably in the XO's chair. Things were about to get interesting. Not that she doubted her new Chief of Flight's skill, but she had served long enough with the young lieutenant to know that she would certainly give him a run for his money. T'Ra would have preferred to watch Ardyn's fingers dance across the console on the battle bridge, but that would have required getting up, and she didn't quite feel like moving.

"You'll mind your tongue when you speak with him," she told the man in yellow as he approached the raptor who was sitting in the captain's chair. Steve did not at all seem to appreciate the way he had been addressed, hopping off the seat and scurrying away. "I hope you're bloody well pleased with yourself," she added in a curt tone.

The ship suddenly came to a halt. "What's the meaning of this, Commander?" T'Ra asked, directing her question to the helm. "I take this means your little race is finished?"

-/\-Hello?-/\- T'Ra tapped her badge. -/\-Hellooo? You're going to have to speak louder, Miss.-/\-

"She cheated!" Alex protested, tapping at his unresponsive console pointlessly. "I'll get her next time, you'll see!"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.