S12 - M6: Allergic Reaction

Started by Tekin Nevir, January 02, 2018, 11:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tekin Nevir

First Officer's Log, Stardate 73011.9

I am returning from an away mission to one of our new contacts in the Gamma Quadrant, based on a call for assistance.  While the mission was a complete success, I cannot take full credit for it.  Indeed, it was the selected team that performed admirably.  In particular to me is Fala Awen, who I feel would probably make a good Chief Science Officer to replace Kinley Garrison, given some time and opportunity.  I have nothing against my acting CSO, but I feel more passion with that department than the others.

I am eager to return to the ship, and this boost of confidence is something I know Captain Jones has been hoping to see from me....

[Shuttle Everest - En Route to Rendezvous with Discovery]

Nevir was in the pilot seat, having just brought the shuttle out of warp.  To his right was Kimball, the liberated drone who Nevir was not only comfortable with at this point, but was starting to really trust him with his life.  Ensign Campbell was monitoring the shuttle behind Kimball, and behind Nevir was Ensign Fala.  Rounding out their 5 man team was Doctor Reede, the woman of the mission in the Bajoran's opinion.  However, despite her stunning performance handling the illness on Setee V, there wasn't much for the medical officer to do on the shuttle.  She was pretty much a passenger.

=/\= "Shuttle Everest to Discovery"  =/\=

This was the second time the First Officer had to activate the comms, and he needed their response.  All the crew could see out the transparent aluminium was the blackness of space.  No ship.  Nevir had made sure to double and triple check their coordinates, and they did match up.  But the ship was not there.

"Somehow I don't think Captain Jones is the type to forget punctuality.  They may have responded to a call.  Kimball, run a scan.  See if you can find the ship.. or even an ion trail to follow." he stated, unable to hide the frown on his face.  It wasn't often that one would find themselves stuck in space without a ship to dock with... and these shuttles weren't powerful enough to get to the Alpha Quadrant within less than a month. 

Kirok

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on January 02, 2018, 11:52:51 AM

First Officer's Log, Stardate 73011.9

I am returning from an away mission to one of our new contacts in the Gamma Quadrant, based on a call for assistance.  While the mission was a complete success, I cannot take full credit for it.  Indeed, it was the selected team that performed admirably.  In particular to me is Fala Awen, who I feel would probably make a good Chief Science Officer to replace Kinley Garrison, given some time and opportunity.  I have nothing against my acting CSO, but I feel more passion with that department than the others.

I am eager to return to the ship, and this boost of confidence is something I know Captain Jones has been hoping to see from me....

[Shuttle Everest - En Route to Rendezvous with Discovery]

Nevir was in the pilot seat, having just brought the shuttle out of warp.  To his right was Kimball, the liberated drone who Nevir was not only comfortable with at this point, but was starting to really trust him with his life.  Ensign Campbell was monitoring the shuttle behind Kimball, and behind Nevir was Ensign Fala.  Rounding out their 5 man team was Doctor Reede, the woman of the mission in the Bajoran's opinion.  However, despite her stunning performance handling the illness on Setee V, there wasn't much for the medical officer to do on the shuttle.  She was pretty much a passenger.

=/\= "Shuttle Everest to Discovery"  =/\=

This was the second time the First Officer had to activate the comms, and he needed their response.  All the crew could see out the transparent aluminium was the blackness of space.  No ship.  Nevir had made sure to double and triple check their coordinates, and they did match up.  But the ship was not there.

"Somehow I don't think Captain Jones is the type to forget punctuality.  They may have responded to a call.  Kimball, run a scan.  See if you can find the ship.. or even an ion trail to follow." he stated, unable to hide the frown on his face.  It wasn't often that one would find themselves stuck in space without a ship to dock with... and these shuttles weren't powerful enough to get to the Alpha Quadrant within less than a month.

[Shuttle]

EQ had already heard Tekin make the first attempt to reach the ship.  No response had come.  Minutes later, he heard the second attempt.

"Aye, Sir.  Checking now" Kimball replied.  He started typing away at his station.  He accessed long range sensors and wend to work.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

T'Ra Jones

[Bridge]

T'Ra wiped a bead of sweat from her brow; someone must have turned the heat up on the bridge, not that she was complaining. She took comfort in the heat, in part because it reminded her of the warm summers on her home planet.

Having just finished up some business with a trader, the crew deserved to be able to relax a little, she thought, shifting her weight to find a more comfortable position in the center chair. "Helm," T'Ra mumbled, "were we supposed to be somewhere?"

Not waiting for a response, she tapped her badge. -/\-Jones to Buehler: please report to the bridge, Schatz.-/\-

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Alexander Wu

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 03, 2018, 03:00:47 AM

[Bridge]

T'Ra wiped a bead of sweat from her brow; someone must have turned the heat up on the bridge, not that she was complaining. She took comfort in the heat, in part because it reminded her of the warm summers on her home planet.

Having just finished up some business with a trader, the crew deserved to be able to relax a little, she thought, shifting her weight to find a more comfortable position in the center chair. "Helm," T'Ra mumbled, "were we supposed to be somewhere?"

Not waiting for a response, she tapped her badge. -/\-Jones to Buehler: please report to the bridge, Schatz.-/\-

[Bridge]

T'ra's question jolted Alex from his dazed reprieve, and it took him several long seconds of gazing at his console before he could answer. "We're on course to rendezvous with...Nevir and his away team." Rubbing a sleeved arm over his eyes, Alex frowned, struggling to stay focused on the display. The speed indicator showed them at warp 1, although according to the chronometer running in the corner, they should've already gotten there. Odd...why don't I remember reducing speed? "Uh, increasing speed to warp 5, we're going to be a bit late."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Ardyn Jaeger

[Bridge]

Ardy noted the systems of the Discovery This was it. Her new place to lurk. Better to get the feel of this place, she figured. It wasn't the Shran, by any means, but from reading the specs, it was pretty fast, and that's all that mattered. Walking into the bridge, she quickly found a familiar face. "T'Ra! Glad to see you again, boss!" It hadn't been THAT long, since last she saw her friend, but after what had recently happened before the transfer, it felt almost like an eternity. "So, whatcha need me to do?"

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Alexander Wu on January 03, 2018, 11:21:42 AM

[Bridge]

T'Ra's question jolted Alex from his dazed reprieve, and it took him several long seconds of gazing at his console before he could answer. "We're on course to rendezvous with...Nevir and his away team." Rubbing a sleeved arm over his eyes, Alex frowned, struggling to stay focused on the display. The speed indicator showed them at warp 1, although according to the chronometer running in the corner, they should've already gotten there. Odd...why don't I remember reducing speed? "Uh, increasing speed to warp 5, we're going to be a bit late."

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 03, 2018, 09:46:53 PM

[Bridge]

Ardy noted the systems of the Discovery This was it. Her new place to lurk. Better to get the feel of this place, she figured. It wasn't the Shran, by any means, but from reading the specs, it was pretty fast, and that's all that mattered. Walking into the bridge, she quickly found a familiar face. "T'Ra! Glad to see you again, boss!" It hadn't been THAT long, since last she saw her friend, but after what had recently happened before the transfer, it felt almost like an eternity. "So, whatcha need me to do?"

[Bridge]

To her surprise, the body sitting at the helm actually moved. The flight officer had been sitting motionless for more than a couple minutes, and T'Ra had been wondering if he had fallen asleep. "We're in space, Schatz," Evan would tell her every so often, "people are going to space out." Especially if there were pretty women around. "You've known Tekin longer than I have, Commander," T'Ra commented, "but I do not get the impression that he would be aggrieved by our leisurely pace."

She smiled a bit to see Ardyn walk onto the bridge. "Good to see you again, Miss Jaeger," T'Ra replied. "We still seem to be en route to our rendezvous. Have you had a chance to look around the ship after sending the trader on his way?"

-Evan Buehler

LK Reede

[Shuttle Everest]

Dr. Reede had been half dozing at the back of the shuttle when she caught the second call out to the Discovery. In her limited experience, that was very unusual. Then again, maybe her finite experience needed a little expanding. She shook her head. Captains don't miss a rendezvous.

LK stood, stretched much as a cat would (or so she'd been told) and made her way forward to stare out the forward view screen.

"What's up, commander?" she asked quietly.

The doctor looked aside at the Borg as she waited for the reply. Liberated, he was a valuable member of the crew. And she didn't need to worry about his health as much as everyone else. She turned her attention back to the XO, impatiently tapping her toes against the deck.

T'Lulu May Soong

[Sickbay]

T'Lulu May stepped up to the desk to check out medical supplies for one of her patients.  When she reached the counter, the clerk was facing away in his chair.

"Excuse me, I need to check out some supplies," she said.  After a moment, she tapped on the counter and repeated herself. "Hello?"

The clerk spun around in his chair to face T'Lulu. His Shadowfleet-issued sweater was unbuttoned to expose his chest and he wore a pair of sunglasses on his face--upside down.  He pushed them up his head to speak.

"Whatcha need, honey?"

T'Lulu's head twitched.  To her knowledge, wearing his uniform unbuttoned like that was against dress code, and she was certain he had never called her honey before.  Regardless, she listed the items she needed.

The clerk clumsily put the items on a tray for transport.  Then he sloppily leaned over the counter to meet T'Lulu's eyes.

"You do great work, you know.  Keep it up ~" T'Lulu blinked and nodded in return, and went on her way carrying the tray.

For an android, T'Lulu anticipated her first week as a Medical Officer in positive regards.  Back straight, shoulders abreast, knees shoulder-width apart, T'Lulu turned the corner confidently to her patient's room--

*CRASH*

A medical employee had T-boned T'Lulu in the hallway and the tray with all of her supplies had plunged to the floor.

"Sorry, sorry, pffft, sorry!" the employee apologized in between spurts of giggles as she scooted away.

T'Lulu's head cocked again.  It was only her first week, but she had to admit to herself this was not the behavior she'd been expecting among the ship so far, let alone the medical bay.  Curious ~

Kirok

Quote from: LK Reede on January 04, 2018, 12:50:14 PM

[Shuttle Everest]

Dr. Reede had been half dozing at the back of the shuttle when she caught the second call out to the Discovery. In her limited experience, that was very unusual. Then again, maybe her finite experience needed a little expanding. She shook her head. Captains don't miss a rendezvous.

LK stood, stretched much as a cat would (or so she'd been told) and made her way forward to stare out the forward view screen.

The doctor looked aside at the Borg as she waited for the reply. Liberated, he was a valuable member of the crew. And she didn't need to worry about his health as much as everyone else. She turned her attention back to the XO, impatiently tapping her toes against the deck.

[Shuttle]

EQ board rang.  It had finished running the scans.  He frowned.

"I'm not seeing any warp trails, Sir.  I don't think the ship ever got here.  I'm not seeing anything on long range either" Kimball reported.

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: LK Reede on January 04, 2018, 12:50:14 PM

[Shuttle Everest]

[Shuttle Everest]

"I'm not sure..." was the reply he gave the doctor, looking over the ship diagnostics, just in case there was something wrong with them.  "Everything checks out.  Chronometer is accurate, navigation is accurate... but our ship isn't here." he said, gesturing in front of him.

"Kimball, do we have anything?"

Quote from: Kirok on January 04, 2018, 10:07:19 PM

[Shuttle]

EQ board rang.  It had finished running the scans.  He frowned.

"I'm not seeing any warp trails, Sir.  I don't think the ship ever got here.  I'm not seeing anything on long range either" Kimball reported.

Nevir shook his head.  "No, that can't be right... Jones is more than a capable officer.  She wouldn't miss a rendezvous like this... at least not without sending a message." he said, shaking his head.  He decided to bring the science station to his console, readjusting and realigning the passive sensors, before tapping into the long range sensors."

"Let's try... a gravitron spectrum... for evidence of a ship passing.... they had to have made it..." he said, mumbling while the computer processed the request.  Nothing on the warp spectrum, no evidence of super-subspace interference, no signatures of a warp core at all.  But there was one thing, very faint.

"Look, here... there are residual waves.  Something did pass through... but at sublight speeds." he said, looking up.  "And it just continues through... why wouldn't they use the warp engines?  Or were they followed?" he mused to himself, shaking his head.

"Give the nacelles a break, Kimball, set a course to follow those waves to their source.  Full impulse.  Reede, take the fifth station over there, monitor for any space traffic."

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 04, 2018, 03:07:13 AM

[Bridge]

To her surprise, the body sitting at the helm actually moved. The flight officer had been sitting motionless for more than a couple minutes, and T'Ra had been wondering if he had fallen asleep. "We're in space, Schatz," Evan would tell her every so often, "people are going to space out." Especially if there were pretty women around. "You've known Tekin longer than I have, Commander," T'Ra commented, "but I do not get the impression that he would be aggrieved by our leisurely pace."

She smiled a bit to see Ardyn walk onto the bridge. "Good to see you again, Miss Jaeger," T'Ra replied. "We still seem to be en route to our rendezvous. Have you had a chance to look around the ship after sending the trader on his way?"

[bridge]

Ardy smirked as she plopped down on the seat for the security station and kicked her feet up without a care. "I did at that, Ra-Ra. Even helped the guy load some of his stuff too. Nice fellow he was. Kinda hot too, in a way." She paused, thinking it over. " Captain Hawke is so much hotter, if you know what I mean." She gave a conspiratorial wink at the Vulcan woman as she brushed off a bead of sweat. "Did someone turn up the heater here? It's roasting here."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 05, 2018, 03:16:47 PM

[Bridge]

Ardy smirked as she plopped down on the seat for the security station and kicked her feet up without a care. "I did at that, Ra-Ra. Even helped the guy load some of his stuff too. Nice fellow he was. Kinda hot too, in a way." She paused, thinking it over. "Captain Hawke is so much hotter, if you know what I mean." She gave a conspiratorial wink at the Vulcan woman as she brushed off a bead of sweat. "Did someone turn up the heater here? It's roasting here."

[Bridge]

T'Ra arched a brow to see the flight lieutenant plp down into a seat at the nearby security console instead of her usual position at the helm, but T'Ra was feeling too content with the heat of the bridge to admonish the officer's improper behavior. She replied with a chuckle. "You do know I'm married, Lieutenant?" she asked. But she had to agree that it was getting a little warm, even by her standards.

-/\-Bridge to Engineering, is there a reason why the ship is getting so warm?-/\-

Quote from: T'Lulu May Soong on January 04, 2018, 09:05:45 PM

[Sickbay]

For an android, T'Lulu anticipated her first week as a Medical Officer in positive regards.  Back straight, shoulders abreast, knees shoulder-width apart, T'Lulu turned the corner confidently to her patient's room--

*CRASH*

A medical employee had T-boned T'Lulu in the hallway and the tray with all of her supplies had plunged to the floor.  "Sorry, sorry, pffft, sorry!" the employee apologized in between spurts of giggles as she scooted away.

T'Lulu's head cocked again.  It was only her first week, but she had to admit to herself this was not the behavior she'd been expecting among the ship so far, let alone the medical bay.  Curious ~

[Sickbay - NPC Evan Buehler]

Evan had been just about to reply to his wife's call when he heard a couple thuds, followed by a series of clinks. He turned the corner to find a young woman who seemed dazed, her head cocked. Evan loved his wife, but he could not help but notice how fine some the woman on this ship looked. He stooped down to help the young woman regather her supplies, and in the process his hand brushed against hers.

"Sorry," he mumbled awkwardly, "my hands aren't normally this sweaty, but it's so blasted hot in here." Canister still in hand, Evan paused. Something was off. The texture of her skin... "You're not human, are you?"

-Evan Buehler

Kirok

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on January 05, 2018, 12:35:35 PM

[Shuttle Everest]

Nevir shook his head.  "No, that can't be right... Jones is more than a capable officer.  She wouldn't miss a rendezvous like this... at least not without sending a message." he said, shaking his head.  He decided to bring the science station to his console, readjusting and realigning the passive sensors, before tapping into the long range sensors."

"Let's try... a gravitron spectrum... for evidence of a ship passing.... they had to have made it..." he said, mumbling while the computer processed the request.  Nothing on the warp spectrum, no evidence of super-subspace interference, no signatures of a warp core at all.  But there was one thing, very faint.

"Look, here... there are residual waves.  Something did pass through... but at sublight speeds." he said, looking up.  "And it just continues through... why wouldn't they use the warp engines?  Or were they followed?" he mused to himself, shaking his head.

"Give the nacelles a break, Kimball, set a course to follow those waves to their source.  Full impulse.  Reede, take the fifth station over there, monitor for any space traffic."

[Shuttle]

EQ listened as the XO made one rhetorical statement after the next.  It was obvious that he was thinking out loud.  So, Kimball simply waited and watched as Tekin's fingers stared to fly over his console.

"Aye, Sir" Kimball replied.  He got up from his station and walked over to Tekin's.  He stood so that he could see the information.

Yes, he did see the trail.  He was a bit peeved that he had missed it himself.  But Tekin did have more experience.

"I'll get right on it, Sir" EQ replied.  He offered Tekin a nod.  Then he went over to the pilot's seat and settled in.

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 05, 2018, 06:14:17 PM

[Bridge]

T'Ra arched a brow to see the flight lieutenant plop down into a seat at the nearby security console instead of her usual position at the helm, but T'Ra was feeling too content with the heat of the bridge to admonish the officer's improper behavior. She replied with a chuckle. "You do know I'm married, Lieutenant?" she asked. But she had to agree that it was getting a little warm, even by her standards.

[Bridge]

Ardy traced her fingers on the buttons of the console lazily. "Pfft. Yeah, I did know that. I think I dressed Steve in a bow tie for your wedding. It wasn't easy getting him to stay still long enough for me to encode that mod into him, that's for sure." She said eying the button that controlled the phaser banks. Shrugging, she pushed it, sending a phaser shot into the empty space. Jumping slightly aback, she grinned. "Cool, very cool."

[as Steve]

Steve was bored. All of his little friends were at school or taking a nap right now, and no one needed any cuddling in the counselor's office, so the little raptor simply wandered through the halls. Suddenly, an idea came to him: maybe he should say hi to his mommy! She would give him some attention, for sure.

Manifesting himself on the bridge, he hopped over, long claws clicking on the metal floors. Looking around, he saw she wasn't where she was supposed to be, pressing buttons that made stuff go boom. Cocking his head in confusion, he immediately hopped over to her and grabbed her jacket sleeve with his teeth, trying to pull her away.

Alt of Kinley Garrison

T'Lulu May Soong

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 05, 2018, 06:14:17 PM

[Sickbay - NPC Evan Buehler]

Evan had been just about to reply to his wife's call when he heard a couple thuds, followed by a series of clinks. He turned the corner to find a young woman who seemed dazed, her head cocked. Evan loved his wife, but he could not help but notice how fine some the woman on this ship looked. He stooped down to help the young woman regather her supplies, and in the process his hand brushed against hers.

"Sorry," he mumbled awkwardly, "my hands aren't normally this sweaty, but it's so blasted hot in here." Canister still in hand, Evan paused. Something was off. The texture of her skin... "You're not human, are you?"

"Thank you for assisting me," T'Lulu gave a soft smile.  "I am an android.  Though, my sensors detect the ship's climate is within normal parameters.  If you are feeling flushed, perhaps you are ill."  She reached for her tricorder from her hip and began examining Mr. Buehler on the spot.  Her slender fingers tapped the buttons and her eyes fluttered rapidly.  After asking for the gentleman's name, T'Lulu paused and cocked her head in that android way.

"I am picking up some very strange readings, Mr. Buehler."  Once on her feet, she handed off her tray of supplies to the nearest nurse in the hallway.

"Here, please take this to room 811B, STAT." Her head geared a double take as her relay walked--limped--skipped?--down the hallway.

"No, no, room 811B! The other way, please ~" T'Lulu grabbed the nurse and firmly thrusted her in the right direction. With enough propulsion, she figured, she'll make it there eventually.

"You--Mr. Buehler.  Follow me."  T'Lulu needed to consult her readings with the doctor immediately. 

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.