Season 2, Mission 4: Switch

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, January 02, 2018, 07:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Xander Dorset on January 13, 2018, 02:24:06 AM

[Main Science Laboratory]

Xander followed the man without another snark-filled word, too busy thinking about how he'd go about removing the chip to come up with witty quips about anything. Just as he was leaving the lab, he paused just long enough to shove a tricorder into his belt before following the Commander out and into the passageway. Xander had to take slightly larger than normal steps to keep up with the giant man, but he'd rather take awkwardly long steps than do that embarrassing half jog he'd seen other young officers do when shadowing him. Luckily, he was able to keep up without too much effort - even if the man seemed to intentionally slow down every now and then.

[Promenade]

Before long, the turbolift stopped, and Xander got out, followed by the Commander. He allowed himself to be directed towards the chips, then immediately began scanning one as he was filled in on some background information on the significance of this location.

"Oddly enough, you seem to be right about cable placement being important." Xander murmured as he leaned closer to one of the chips, squinting at it accusingly. "It seems to be interacting with the magnetic fields being produced by the nearby cables somehow." At the blank look from the security officer that had been there when they arrived, Xander sighed, rolling his eyes. "All currents passing through wires will generate magnetic fields. This chip is designed to read those fields, and the changes in them over time - possibly translating that into some sort of data. Don't ask me how. I'm a scientist, not an engineer."

"Besides," he said, kneeling down and opening his kit. "That's probably not the only thing going on with this nefarious little... contraption. The only way to really understand it is to remove and dissect it. Somewhat carefully," he added with a pointed look at the German brute who liked to rip things out of walls with his bare hands.

Xander started removing a couple bottles and a thin piece of tubing from the kit and plopped down on the floor like a kid settling down on a mission to build something epic out of old Earth Legos. He looked up at the Commander (who seemed even taller from down here) and asked, "You wanna help or not?"

[Location: Promenade]

Once they had arrived to where the chips had been located, Tritter stepped slightly to the side to allow the squint to work. He had a rudimentary at best understanding of it, he knew important data carrying cables were in this area and that the chips were interacting with them somehow. Thats about all the understanding the Executive Officer needed anyways, thats why they kept squints like Dorset around. Tritter however, listened carefully as the Ensign spoke, the intracies of it were slightly over his head, but he understood their message and the large man nodded slightly once the Ensign finished speaking.

His gaze than shifted slightly towards the kit that the Ensign began working with. He quickly picked up on how they mentioned carefully and than stared at him, well, when ripping something out of a concrete wall with your bare hands, one is often less than careful. Once the Ensign spoke to him, it was a slightly smart assed remark, which didn't surprise the Executive Officer at all. He took a moment before he replied with an even keeled, albeit heavily accented "Well, if you want me to help Ensign, you are going to have to provide me some direction, or I might just be prone to ripping them out of the wall" His voice was oddly calm and devoid of a smart tone to it as he spoke to Ensign, which may make the whole exchange all the more interesting to those who may be observing.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Auzual Knox

[Corridor]

With the medics busy doing various medical things to Knox, she began to feel somewhat normal. Well, as normal as she could. It was still so strange having the memories and thoughts of 6 individuals floating around in her head. And, even more annoyingly, they all seemed to have an opinion! She tended to agree with Darzem at the moment, though Nazar was eager to chat more with Derek, Sirzi felt like a nap and Jorzon wanted to go down to Engineering and see Dan. Izu was curious to inspect the new devices and Katharoz was desperate to go to Ops.

Quote from: ISAAC on January 12, 2018, 09:45:19 PM

ISAAC stepped out just as Knox inquired about getting to Cargo Bay 2. "I advise against using the quickest route to Cargo Bay 2, which involves using the transporters. We can use a nearby turbolift, and we will still make good time...but we must leave now."

Knox laughed at his sense of humor and turned towards him.

"ISAAC!!!!!"

Her friend or potential lover had suffered severe injuries to his chest in the explosion. He had been so attentive to Knox, making sure her head never touched the ground and removing stray hairs from her face that she felt horrid for only just noticing he was 'leaking' translucent liquid from various parts on his body.

"Run a level 3 self diagnostic. Doctor, do you have anything that could patch him up? I need to get off this biobed."

She turned to the medics and commanded that they practically load her up with everything they had.

[Off Station]

Their energy signatures were being masked and their presence was undetected. Transfer of consciousness had been straightforward and had also gone undetected. It could not have gone better. Their technology was simply superior. The Chosen 3 had been selected for their stealth, ingenuity and cunning. As always, the recipient's consciousness were being safely stored in a dream-like state and closely monitored.

A soft computerized feminine voice called.

"Switch Complete. Stage 1 Complete. Stage 2 in Progress. Monitoring Device 21561 Compromised."

A computerized masculine voice answered.

"Orchestrating Protocol 4. Commencing in 3, 2, 1."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Derek Black

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on January 12, 2018, 03:44:21 PM

[Transporter Room 2]

Knox sat up on the biobed rather quickly and vomited. A little splashed on ISAAC.

"Security or no security, if you would not mind gentlemen, we should be leaving. Sorry, sweetie."

She knew she could not go to medical and that all of this was wasting time. She could trust ISAAC, or at least utilize the failsafe imprinted on all synthetics following transport if it did not work out.

[Outside Transporter Room 2]

"No full body scan. As much as you would probably enjoy it, Doctor, do what you can right here right now."

She took a couple of rehydration packs from one of the medics and began drinking as they continued to work on her.

"ISAAC. What is the quickest route to Cargo Bay 2?"

=/\= Adeyemi. On our way. =/\=

Derek wasn't expecting Knox to regain consciousness so quickly, and he frowned down at her as he took out his tricorder again. "I don't think that's a good idea, Knox. You were struck by a plasma discharge, and there could be a lot of neurological damage done. If we don't get that scan done and you go into neurolyptic shock, that could severely harm both you and your symbiont."

Quote from: ISAAC on January 12, 2018, 09:45:19 PM

ISAAC stepped out just as Knox inquired about getting to Cargo Bay 2. "I advise against using the quickest route to Cargo Bay 2, which involves using the transporters. We can use a nearby turbolift, and we will still make good time...but we must leave now."

"No, we must not." Derek intervened firmly, his forehead wrinkling. "I'm already reading slight changes in your neurochemistry from my first scan. Knox, we're taking you down to sickbay, that's not an option. Ensign, if you want to help, then help push the gurney to the turbolift." He tapped his commbadge with the intention of countermanding her last communique, pausing as she released another outburst of chatter.
Quote from: Katharoz Knox on January 13, 2018, 01:09:18 PM

[Corridor]

With the medics busy doing various medical things to Knox, she began to feel somewhat normal. Well, as normal as she could. It was still so strange having the memories and thoughts of 6 individuals floating around in her head. And, even more annoyingly, they all seemed to have an opinion! She tended to agree with Darzem at the moment, though Nazar was eager to chat more with Derek, Sirzi felt like a nap and Jorzon wanted to go down to Engineering and see Dan. Izu was curious to inspect the new devices and Katharoz was desperate to go to Ops.

"ISAAC!!!!!"

Her friend or potential lover had suffered severe injuries to his chest in the explosion. He had been so attentive to Knox, making sure her head never touched the ground and removing stray hairs from her face that she felt horrid for only just noticing he was 'leaking' translucent liquid from various parts on his body.

"Run a level 3 self diagnostic. Doctor, do you have anything that could patch him up? I need to get off this biobed."

She turned to the medics and commanded that they practically load her up with everything they had.

Is she delirious or just gone straight crazy? Derek stared at Knox momentarily and then abruptly smiled kindly, reaching into his medkit again. "Okay, one last shot for you, and then I'll work on Mr.Issac here." Loading his hypospray with another vial, he reached over and injected the full contents into Knox's jugular vein. Enough anesthetic to incapacity an entire Klingon family. And their pet targ. "You should start feeling better in a few seconds."

Derek waited for Knox's eyes to begin rolling back in their sockets before tapping his commbadge again. =/\="Black to Adeyemi, Commander Knox was injured in a transporter room incident and requires further treatment in Sickbay. I'll advise you when she's able to return to duty."=/\=

Xander Dorset

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on January 13, 2018, 09:01:00 AM

Once they had arrived to where the chips had been located, Tritter stepped slightly to the side to allow the squint to work. He had a rudimentary at best understanding of it, he knew important data carrying cables were in this area and that the chips were interacting with them somehow. Thats about all the understanding the Executive Officer needed anyways, thats why they kept squints like Dorset around. Tritter however, listened carefully as the Ensign spoke, the intracies of it were slightly over his head, but he understood their message and the large man nodded slightly once the Ensign finished speaking.

His gaze than shifted slightly towards the kit that the Ensign began working with. He quickly picked up on how they mentioned carefully and than stared at him, well, when ripping something out of a concrete wall with your bare hands, one is often less than careful. Once the Ensign spoke to him, it was a slightly smart assed remark, which didn't surprise the Executive Officer at all. He took a moment before he replied with an even keeled, albeit heavily accented "Well, if you want me to help Ensign, you are going to have to provide me some direction, or I might just be prone to ripping them out of the wall" His voice was oddly calm and devoid of a smart tone to it as he spoke to Ensign, which may make the whole exchange all the more interesting to those who may be observing.

[Promenade]

"Well," Xander started, "if you start attaching these thin tubes around the chips on the wall, then I can finish putting together the magic mixture here..." He handed Tritter some of the thin tubing with small bubbles of liquid interspersed down it's length. Xander pulled out two of the bottles with combustible warnings on the side and began pouring a bit of each into a beaker, seeming to eyeball the amounts.

"Now, these are delayed hypergolic propellants. Once they come in contact with each other, we'll have a few seconds to back up, then - voila! the chips are out of the wall, no problems. Just let me know when you've got the tubes attached. Oh, and make sure they're placed at least ten centimeters away from the chips." Xander turned away from the man and filled two small syringes with the liquid from the beaker, mumbling to himself, "Don't want them damaged in the blast," as an afterthought.

"Impossible is nothing

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Xander Dorset on January 14, 2018, 08:56:19 PM

[Promenade]

"Well," Xander started, "if you start attaching these thin tubes around the chips on the wall, then I can finish putting together the magic mixture here..." He handed Tritter some of the thin tubing with small bubbles of liquid interspersed down it's length. Xander pulled out two of the bottles with combustible warnings on the side and began pouring a bit of each into a beaker, seeming to eyeball the amounts.

"Now, these are delayed hypergolic propellants. Once they come in contact with each other, we'll have a few seconds to back up, then - voila! the chips are out of the wall, no problems. Just let me know when you've got the tubes attached. Oh, and make sure they're placed at least ten centimeters away from the chips." Xander turned away from the man and filled two small syringes with the liquid from the beaker, mumbling to himself, "Don't want them damaged in the blast," as an afterthought.

Tritter watched what Xander was doing and the man was listening carefully to the squint as they spoke, he would wait until they finished to make sure he had heard all relevant directions and so forth. He than nodded slightly to the Ensign. He than proceeded to carefully place the tubes around the chips that were on the wall, adhering to the minimum of ten centimeters direction provided by the Ensign. Once he finished, he kept a careful eye on the chemicals the Ensign was mixing together, he was curious to see if they are going to burn the place down.

Once he finished, he than stepped back towards where the Ensign was, he than shifted his focus towards the other man, he than stated, "Completed as requested, Ensign" The man's heavy accented voice was calm and confident as he spoke to the Ensign. The man was curious to see what was going to happen, he had thought of his Husband for a brief moment, as they were the type to enjoy these type of things as well, they were a bit of a pyromaniac.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

ISAAC

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on January 13, 2018, 01:09:18 PM

[Corridor]

[...]

"ISAAC!!!!!"

[...]

ISAAC had paid little attention to the damage that the explosion had done to his face. A small spot of his collar was wet where liquid ran down from a tear in his cheek.
Quote from: Derek Black on January 13, 2018, 02:52:59 PM

[...]

"No, we must not." Derek intervened firmly, his forehead wrinkling. "I'm already reading slight changes in your neurochemistry from my first scan. Knox, we're taking you down to sickbay, that's not an option. Ensign, if you want to help, then help push the gurney to the turbolift." He tapped his commbadge with the intention of countermanding her last communique, pausing as she released another outburst of chatter.

"Pushing a gurney hardly seems like a prudent way for me to spend my time, given the circumstances. Lieutenant Commander Knox and I have a task at hand, and we would appreciate your help in expediting her return to duty." ISAAC understood Black's firm insistence on performing his duties, but as always, they had too much to do in too little time.

Is she delirious or just gone straight crazy? Derek stared at Knox momentarily and then abruptly smiled kindly, reaching into his medkit again. "Okay, one last shot for you, and then I'll work on Mr.Issac here." Loading his hypospray with another vial, he reached over and injected the full contents into Knox's jugular vein. Enough anesthetic to incapacity an entire Klingon family. And their pet targ. "You should start feeling better in a few seconds."

ISAAC watched as Knox succumbed to the effects of the anesthetic with which Black had injected her. "Really, Senior Chief Petty Officer, regardless of the legitimacy of your end goal, you should be ashamed of yourself. It's one thing to insist and ensure that Lieutenant Commander Knox restrain herself from physical exertion until her status can be confirmed, and it's another thing entirely to forcibly subject her to a state of unconsciousness under false pretenses. Your concern for her safety is clear; however, I think you were premature in acting out a solution that didn't take into consideration the Lieutenant Commander's concerns. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must pick up where she and I left off."

Derek waited for Knox's eyes to begin rolling back in their sockets before tapping his commbadge again. =/\="Black to Adeyemi, Commander Knox was injured in a transporter room incident and requires further treatment in Sickbay. I'll advise you when she's able to return to duty."=/\=

As Black was in the process of notifying Adeyemi of Knox's condition, ISAAC began hastily making his way toward to the turbolift on his way to Cargo Bay 2.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Cargo Bay 2]

His arrival attracted a lot more attention than he would have liked. The risks and benefits of Switching the admiral had been considered. Each team member had to contain certain qualities and skills for their mission to be accomplished, but the admiral's came at a price. Everyone noticed him.

The skeleton crew working in the bay straightened up a bit and began to sing out the greeting of the day. He had never been on a Federation facility so regimented before. He urgently waved them away. Confused, the handful of enlisted men and women went back to their duties.

He spotted the data cores immediately. He pointed them out to his companion.

"I think it might be too conspicuous to transport them," He said in an urgent whisper. "And I am already conspicuous enough."

He was interrupted by the arrival of a handful of officers, among them their third team member. He caught a pair of furtive eyes trying to lock with his, and nodded.

"Erm...officer, you there." He said to the group, which consisted of two human males and one human female. "The science department requires a half dozen data cores for an experiment. We'll be taking them to the Neural Core."

His proclamation rang out in what he approximated to be a commanding voice, but it sounded weak and strange. This fellow sure did have a funny accent. But for all intents and purposes he was Admiral Malcolm Adeyemi. What were they going to do, refuse him?

Derek Black

Quote from: ISAAC on January 14, 2018, 10:35:58 PM

ISAAC had paid little attention to the damage that the explosion had done to his face. A small spot of his collar was wet where liquid ran down from a tear in his cheek.

"Pushing a gurney hardly seems like a prudent way for me to spend my time, given the circumstances. Lieutenant Commander Knox and I have a task at hand, and we would appreciate your help in expediting her return to duty." ISAAC understood Black's firm insistence on performing his duties, but as always, they had too much to do in too little time.

ISAAC watched as Knox succumbed to the effects of the anesthetic with which Black had injected her. "Really, Senior Chief Petty Officer, regardless of the legitimacy of your end goal, you should be ashamed of yourself. It's one thing to insist and ensure that Lieutenant Commander Knox restrain herself from physical exertion until her status can be confirmed, and it's another thing entirely to forcibly subject her to a state of unconsciousness under false pretenses. Your concern for her safety is clear; however, I think you were premature in acting out a solution that didn't take into consideration the Lieutenant Commander's concerns. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must pick up where she and I left off."

As Black was in the process of notifying Adeyemi of Knox's condition, ISAAC began hastily making his way toward to the turbolift on his way to Cargo Bay 2.

"Stand fast, Ensign." Derek snapped, glancing at the android as his concern rose. Adeyemi hadn't answered his call, which was another troubling twist in what was turning out to be quite an eventful day. "You're damaged too, which, if you're really a member of this crew, makes you my responsibility. Thus, you'll be joining us in sickbay. That's an order." Decades in the service, Derek wasn't about to be sidetracked by an ensign so shiny, he smelt like he had just come out of his packaging. And in Isaac's case, he might actually have. "I'll have engineering meet us there to look at you."

=/\="Howell, this is Black, I need you to meet us in Sickbay. You might need your tools."=/\=

"Let's go." He waved to the other two medics, pointing towards them towards the turbolift. "I don't know how long you've been on this station, but I've known Commander Knox...well, technically, my whole life. Altered behavior from ordinary, memory loss, and out of character outbursts after a serious trauma and neurological shock points to some very serious medical conditions. You're a computer, access the medical database and look it up."

Driving the gurney into the turbolift, he frowned at Isaac, calling out, "Sickbay.", prior to continuing his 'teaching point'. "And regardless of what you are, I'm not about to let an ensign go running off after he helped destroy a transporter room. You can explain to Commander Howell just exactly what you were trying to accomplish, and he can be the one to decide if you should be allowed to continue. AFTER he plugs your holes and stops you from leaking out all over the deck."
----------------------------------

[NPC Post: Nurse Ashley Roberts]

Quote from: Daniel Howell on January 12, 2018, 06:51:58 PM

Sickbay
He walked into sickbay, his uniform jacket still smoldering. Holding his arm, he called out "nurse?"

Roberts stood immediately as Howell came in, picking up a tricorder on her way to escort the engineer in. "What on Earth happened to you?" She asked, tisktisking away. "Second degree burns and a hairline fracture of your radius. It'll take a few minutes before we can treat you, but here's something for the pain."

Ashley loaded a hypospray with a localizing anesthetic, injecting it above the injured arm. "There, that should numb it a bit. Sorry about having you wait, but there seems to have been some sort of accident in Transporter Room 2, Chief Black is bringing back a patient in a few minutes. Once we get that sorted, I'll have one of our doctors come fix you up."

Kyan Mackenzie

Quote from: Tanner Lachlyn on January 12, 2018, 06:23:46 PM

She leaned over and whispered to the security ensign beside her, "Is he even old enough to be doing this? My kid brother likes to play soldier and I watched him happily launch fleets off cliffs"

There was a shrug and a smirk that followed, "I guess we'll just find out. But I've heard multiple things about him. Whatever you do, don't get caught talking about his size."

Tanner nodded, "Men and sizes...."

kyan put his padd away as the security people awaited the special assignment that he had for them. Once finished, he slung his backpack and regarded his people.

"Ok folks... the special mission, such as it is, it for some of you to pretend to be the opposing forces in our boarding drills. Yer gonna get dressed up loik pirates ya see, an go in with the holo pirates. Their weapons don't stun. But yours will. An if some of the cadets get a little roughed up too... such is life so it is." He checked the time. "There's nearly two hours the now until we leave. Get together and plan your maneuvers. T'would be the blackest, darkest sadness if some egg head cadets were to get the drop on you and not the other way around."

With that the little Only took his leave, headed for the Gibson. He was excited for the chance both to actually command a ship, which he had not done officially during his time in Starfleet, and to get some ship to ship combat training, which was always fun.

~ 2 Days later ~

Security Chief's Log | Stardate.... It's January. Just Past Yule

Just finished me first cruise as master of the Gibson. Twas fun so it was. We got to use the new Starfleet Enhanced Combat Holo Opponent for some battle drills. Some of the cadets were a bit pissed that they actually got shot with a stun phaser. But once they get the sand out of their lady parts they'll be ok. Except Zyfe. Zyfe is currently sitting at the Ops console looking like a pissed off baby grup on account of he got stunned twice... in the arse. Overall... good mission.

Kyan pressed the button to end the log and glanced over at Cadet Zyfe, who still was sporting the angriest face he'd ever seen on a Bolian.

"Oh lighten up lad." Kyan offered with a grin. "Twas just a stun. You'll heal up all roit." Then after a pause.."Probly even be able to sit down after a few days toime, no permanent damage so."

That drew laughter from the other cadets, but not Zyfe.

"Not supposed to use real phasers! My backside looks like a modern art painting!" Zyfe countered.

Kyan shrugged. "Not supposed tae use phasers atall.. No one is s'posed to attack no one, nor kill folks either but they do. Such is life, and the will of the Powers so it is, and we must abide them and see to our own interests. Next toime, if yer lesson was learnt, you'll nae get shot in yer arse with a phaser Am I roit?"

Zyfe was silent until her attention was taken away from her throbbing buttocks to her console.

"Commander, there's a message coming in from the station. Looks like they sent it a day ago, but we are just now receiving it." she offered, professionalism replacing... butthurt.

"Well let's hear it." Kyan replied, leaning back in the command chair.

Columbus to Gibson. Lt. Commander MacKenzie we need you to perform a full scan on the Station and surrounding Space. Look for any distortions or disturbances on the molecular and subatomic level. Do not ock with e Station. Repeat. D nt dck w t st n. It s oo sn t tel f th s s a ecu ty br ch . x t.

Ensign Dawkins was acting as the First Officer on the trip. He looked over at the little Only in the seat beside him. "Sounds like they've got some problems there. Can you clean that up Zyfe?"

The Blue Ops cadet plied her console for a moment but shook her head. "I'm afraid not sir. The signal is degraded. Looks like it was jammed at the source, or they tried to.

Kyan hopped out of his chair. "How long til we're back at the station?"

"Current speed, twelve hours and change sir." the helmsman spoke up.

"At Warp eight?" Kyan asked.

"Four hours, give or take."

Kyan nodded. "Push it to warp eight. An put a signal through tae Columbus on the same frequency. Use the security encryption protocal."

When the signal was ready Zyfe nodded.

"Starbase Columbus.. this is Gibson. Message recieved. In route."

"Message sent sir." Zyfe reported.

"Good." Kyan returned to his seat. It seemed as though their little training mission was about to turn into something much more exciting, which brought a smile to his face. Fighting holo ships was fun, but it wasn't near as good as the real thing.

"The sky was grey and cloudy an the wind was from the west...when we spied a battered frigate wi her tattered sail full dressed.." Kyan sang as he watched the starfield on the main viewer become more distorted as they increased speed for Columbus.

Felicity Ellis

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on January 15, 2018, 08:15:16 AM

[Cargo Bay 2]

His arrival attracted a lot more attention than he would have liked. The risks and benefits of Switching the admiral had been considered. Each team member had to contain certain qualities and skills for their mission to be accomplished, but the admiral's came at a price. Everyone noticed him.

The skeleton crew working in the bay straightened up a bit and began to sing out the greeting of the day. He had never been on a Federation facility so regimented before. He urgently waved them away. Confused, the handful of enlisted men and women went back to their duties.

He spotted the data cores immediately. He pointed them out to his companion.

"I think it might be too conspicuous to transport them," He said in an urgent whisper. "And I am already conspicuous enough."

[Cargo Bay 2]

"Agreed," she murmured, her eyes flicking from one confused face to the next. She mused that copious allowances could be made for any uncommon behaviour on the Admiral's part; considering the sense of urgency he was exuding. A no-nonsense attitude was most useful when one desired to discourage any inane chatter or curious queries. As far as the denizens of Cargo Bay 2 were concerned, the Admiral was on important business.

She pulled a PADD from her pocket and tapped quickly, intent on pulling up the duty roster. An eyebrow rose as they were approached again.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on January 15, 2018, 08:15:16 AM

"Erm...officer, you there." He said to the group, which consisted of two human males and one human female. "The science department requires a half dozen data cores for an experiment. We'll be taking them to the Neural Core."

His proclamation rang out in what he approximated to be a commanding voice, but it sounded weak and strange. This fellow sure did have a funny accent. But for all intents and purposes he was Admiral Malcolm Adeyemi. What were they going to do, refuse him?

The three of them looked at each other for a moment with half-witted expressions on their faces. To her they seemed to not understand the request at first, until the wide-eyed male stepped forward and spoke.

"Y-yes, sir. Of course, sir. It's just... it's just that we haven't received any requisition... We weren't aware that..."

"Ensign Carr, correct?" She interrupted, stepping forward and initiating a full-watt smile directed solely at the bumbling officer. When he swallowed and nodded she moved toward him, corralling him offside just slightly. Once they were a step or two beyond the small group she continued, "This is a very recent development, hence the urgency and unannounced visit. The Admiral himself has taken a keen interest in this experiment and its success. The auxiliary data cores will be required for no longer than ten hours." She gestured toward a trolley parked against a bulkhead, laden with various tools, containers and PADDs.

She turned toward Carr's companions, her smile no less bright. "Could we clear off this trolley please? We cannot have the Admiral lugging all of those cases to Deck 36 now, can we?"

They moved to work then, thankfully, but not before she caught an uncertain glance or two exchanged between them, and an unsettled look at the Admiral and herself. The latter she could attribute to their unease at being in the presence of their Supreme Commander. Ergelak.

Idiots.

"Show me those cores if you would, Ensign." Without hesitation this time, Carr led her passed neat piles of materiel and toward the centre of the cargo bay.

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on January 12, 2018, 03:44:21 PM

=/\= Adeyemi. On our way. =/\=

The sound of the communication reached her ears just as they passed the stored power couplings. Excellent. This was good news; they were still on schedule. When Carr stopped and pointed at the metallic cases she motioned for him to open one. She peered inside the containers and nodded. With renewed vigour she and Carr began loading the data cores onto the trolley that his crewmates had cleared for them.

=/\="Black to Adeyemi, Commander Knox was injured in a transporter room incident and requires further treatment in Sickbay. I'll advise you when she's able to return to duty."=/\=

She had just secured the final case on the trolley. The ever-present beam began to slip from her face. She straightened quickly, her eyes searching for her companion's. A moment of silent communication passed before she recovered and turned her smile back on to address Carr. "Thank you for your help, Ensign! You were invaluable."

She pushed the trolley toward the exit and did not speak until she and the Admiral were out of earshot of their audience. "Can you override? Is that possible?" She asked through gritted teeth, still smiling.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

ISAAC

Quote from: Derek Black on January 15, 2018, 11:20:48 AM

"Stand fast, Ensign." Derek snapped, glancing at the android as his concern rose. Adeyemi hadn't answered his call, which was another troubling twist in what was turning out to be quite an eventful day. "You're damaged too, which, if you're really a member of this crew, makes you my responsibility. Thus, you'll be joining us in sickbay. That's an order." Decades in the service, Derek wasn't about to be sidetracked by an ensign so shiny, he smelt like he had just come out of his packaging. And in Isaac's case, he might actually have. "I'll have engineering meet us there to look at you."

ISAAC stopped in response to Black's order, although it was more out of curiosity than respect. While it was his intent to have a smooth working relationship with all of his crew mates, he didn't take well to being held captive by a doctor...a doctor with likely little to no understanding about the inner workings of an android. "Actually, Senior Chief Petty Officer, I really must--"
Quote from: Derek Black on January 15, 2018, 11:20:48 AM

=/\="Howell, this is Black, I need you to meet us in Sickbay. You might need your tools."=/\=

"Let's go." He waved to the other two medics, pointing towards them towards the turbolift. "I don't know how long you've been on this station, but I've known Commander Knox...well, technically, my whole life. Altered behavior from ordinary, memory loss, and out of character outbursts after a serious trauma and neurological shock points to some very serious medical conditions. You're a computer, access the medical database and look it up."

Driving the gurney into the turbolift, he frowned at Isaac, calling out, "Sickbay.", prior to continuing his 'teaching point'. "And regardless of what you are, I'm not about to let an ensign go running off after he helped destroy a transporter room. You can explain to Commander Howell just exactly what you were trying to accomplish, and he can be the one to decide if you should be allowed to continue. AFTER he plugs your holes and stops you from leaking out all over the deck."

[...]

Before the turbolift door had a chance to shut, ISAAC stuck out his arm. "It would behoove you, Senior Chief Petty Officer, to refrain from making assumptions about what happened in the transporter room. Perhaps you will question Lieutenant Commander Knox once she regains consciousness. I suspect that the station and its inhabitants are in danger, and I intend to find out why. I don't see any sensible justification for me to meet anyone in Sickbay, as I am not sick." ISAAC slipped through the partially open turbolift door and continued. "Should your concern for my damage be genuine, then feel free to have someone from Engineering meet me in Cargo Bay 2."

With that, ISAAC removed his arm and watched as the turbolift door slid shut. No sooner had the door shut than he had turned around and begun making his way toward another turbolift.

Xander Dorset

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on January 14, 2018, 09:16:45 PM

Tritter watched what Xander was doing and the man was listening carefully to the squint as they spoke, he would wait until they finished to make sure he had heard all relevant directions and so forth. He than nodded slightly to the Ensign. He than proceeded to carefully place the tubes around the chips that were on the wall, adhering to the minimum of ten centimeters direction provided by the Ensign. Once he finished, he kept a careful eye on the chemicals the Ensign was mixing together, he was curious to see if they are going to burn the place down.

Once he finished, he than stepped back towards where the Ensign was, he than shifted his focus towards the other man, he than stated, "Completed as requested, Ensign" The man's heavy accented voice was calm and confident as he spoke to the Ensign. The man was curious to see what was going to happen, he had thought of his Husband for a brief moment, as they were the type to enjoy these type of things as well, they were a bit of a pyromaniac.

[Promenade]

Alexander looked up as the man spoke and grinned, "Ready? Perfect. Here you go." He handed Tritter one of the syringes and pushed himself to his feet. Xander made his way over to one of the chips and motioned the Commander to do the same for the other chip. "Okay. Now, on the count of three we both inject our propellants right here," he said, gesturing to the junction point on each set of tubes. "Then we back up. Fast."

"One... Two... Three" Xander efficiently and quickly inserted his strings and pressed the plunger down. The clear liquid could vaguely be seen swirling through the tubes, but that's all Xander gave himself the time to see. He turned tail and ran in the opposite direction, hoping the other man was behind him still. Fifty meters away would probably be safe enough. One hundred meters would be better.

Unfortunately, they didn't have time to make it to one hundred meters.

Mere seconds after they had inserted the propellants, a muffled bang sounded, accompanied by a flash of blinding light as the propellants violently ignited, creating a controlled explosion of intense heat. Xander covered his head in a precautionary manner, but other than a whisper of searing heat across his exposed skin he was otherwise unaffected. He had made his estimations accurately.

Turning toward the wall once more, Xander grinned as he surveyed his handiwork. Where the tubing had been, there were now neat circles melted into the wall - effectively cutting out holes around the chips. There were a few pieces of metal and melted plastic scattered about the floor, but that was to be expected with any exlposion, no matter how controlled. What was it T'Prina said earlier? Á¢â,¬ËœMake sure nothing explodes?' Whoops.

"Impossible is nothing

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles - Leanna's Office]

Leanna sat back and let out a sigh of relief as the song finally came to an end and the band soon went back to songs that were memorable for good things as opposed to dredging up the past she once shared with Matthias. She still had no idea why her wedding song had been played but once she found out there would be hell to pay as that song had been forever tarnished because of what her former husband had become.

However until then she still had to figure out what to do about Flick and the Admiral now that the bar was open and full and could turn her attention to it properly because the more she thought about it something wasn't right and needed to be dealt with. Of course she didn't know if the infiltration went beyond them too and if she could trust any of the others but with what she was about to do she would find out one way or another.

Placing the now empty tray of food and her empty glass to one side, she quickly sent a message to Rixxy asking her to come find her on the Promenade when she could then got up and left her office.

[Main Bar]

As she walked back into the main bar area, Leanna motioned for Seamus to come over which he did immediately. Whispering so she wouldn't be heard. " I'm going out for a little while and shouldn't be long" she said knowing he would worry and try and protest, however that didn't happen.

" Okay Lea, be safe and call me if you need me"Seamus replied concerned but knew he couldn't talk Leanna out of whatever she was doing.

Leanna smiled and gave him a brief hug before walking through the busy crowd and out onto the Promenade hoping she would find Commander Tritter away from Ops.

[Promenade]

Leanna walked along ignoring the stares and wolf whistles that came her way as now wasn't the time for flirting or acknowledging those responsible and besides the only person who made her go weak at the knees was no longer on the station. She was also focused and nothing was going to stop her and her determination soon paid off when she spotted the Commander up ahead along with Ensign Dorset in what appeared to be the aftermath of some kind of explosion. Deciding to wait to approach him once she had ascertained if they were both okay.

Derek Black

Quote from: ISAAC on January 15, 2018, 10:57:30 PM

ISAAC stopped in response to Black's order, although it was more out of curiosity than respect. While it was his intent to have a smooth working relationship with all of his crew mates, he didn't take well to being held captive by a doctor...a doctor with likely little to no understanding about the inner workings of an android. "Actually, Senior Chief Petty Officer, I really must--"

Before the turbolift door had a chance to shut, ISAAC stuck out his arm. "It would behoove you, Senior Chief Petty Officer, to refrain from making assumptions about what happened in the transporter room. Perhaps you will question Lieutenant Commander Knox once she regains consciousness. I suspect that the station and its inhabitants are in danger, and I intend to find out why. I don't see any sensible justification for me to meet anyone in Sickbay, as I am not sick." ISAAC slipped through the partially open turbolift door and continued. "Should your concern for my damage be genuine, then feel free to have someone from Engineering meet me in Cargo Bay 2."

With that, ISAAC removed his arm and watched as the turbolift door slid shut. No sooner had the door shut than he had turned around and begun making his way toward another turbolift.

[Turbolift]

Derek's thin patience finally gave with the ensign's insubordinate behavior. With Knox's increasingly serious state, he didn't have time to go chasing after a defective robot. Tapping his commbadge, he notified the subject matter experts. =/\="Black to Engineering, be advised, there is a leaky malfunctioning android on it's way to Cargo Bay 2, you'll be able to track it by the trail of gunk it's leaving behind. Please assign a team to look after it. Black to Tritter, I'm taking Commander Knox to sickbay, she was involved in an incident. When you have a moment, can you meet us there? I can't seem to raise the Admiral."=/\=

For a moment, Derek considered revoking Isaac's computer authorizations, but if the android was a fraction of Commander Data's renown, there'd be no point. Walking off the lift and heading for his medical bay, he thought of available actions. Security was already running at half strength due to new promoted Mackenzie taking off in the Gibson for a decidedly yellow collar exercise, but the next step couldn't be helped. =/\="Black to Security, please send a team to Cargo Bay 2, they are to keep watch on Ensign Isaac and not to let him do anything damaging."=/\= Anything else, he didn't mention.

[Sickbay]

Despite Knox's previous assertions, she was immediately destined for a biobed and surrounded by Derek's assembled team. There was little for him to do while they rapidly finished the initial treatment; at least physically she didn't look like Harvey Dent anymore. "Computer, compare with previous medical records and display discrepancies." He ordered as the results of Knox's full body scan were completed. It'd take several minutes for all the data to be extrapolated and analyzed, but Derek still didn't understand why her behavior had been so altered. Physiologically, there found nothing wrong besides an increase in neurotransmitters and receptor activity, something that could be attributed to her injuries. "Prepare 10ccs of Cordrazine."

The medical computer trilled quietly as it completed it's analysis, and displayed them above Knox's head. That can't be right. His frown deepening, Derek stepped to the side of the bed, activating the confinement field. "Redo the scan." He directed, and then nodded for a nurse to administer the stimulant. "Knox, can you hear me?"

T'Prina

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on January 15, 2018, 10:32:09 PM

[Cargo Bay 2]

"Agreed," she murmured, her eyes flicking from one confused face to the next. She mused that copious allowances could be made for any uncommon behaviour on the Admiral's part; considering the sense of urgency he was exuding. A no-nonsense attitude was most useful when one desired to discourage any inane chatter or curious queries. As far as the denizens of Cargo Bay 2 were concerned, the Admiral was on important business.

She pulled a PADD from her pocket and tapped quickly, intent on pulling up the duty roster. An eyebrow rose as they were approached again.

The three of them looked at each other for a moment with half-witted expressions on their faces. To her they seemed to not understand the request at first, until the wide-eyed male stepped forward and spoke.

"Y-yes, sir. Of course, sir. It's just... it's just that we haven't received any requisition... We weren't aware that..."

"Ensign Carr, correct?" She interrupted, stepping forward and initiating a full-watt smile directed solely at the bumbling officer. When he swallowed and nodded she moved toward him, corralling him offside just slightly. Once they were a step or two beyond the small group she continued, "This is a very recent development, hence the urgency and unannounced visit. The Admiral himself has taken a keen interest in this experiment and its success. The auxiliary data cores will be required for no longer than ten hours." She gestured toward a trolley parked against a bulkhead, laden with various tools, containers and PADDs.

She turned toward Carr's companions, her smile no less bright. "Could we clear off this trolley please? We cannot have the Admiral lugging all of those cases to Deck 36 now, can we?"

They moved to work then, thankfully, but not before she caught an uncertain glance or two exchanged between them, and an unsettled look at the Admiral and herself. The latter she could attribute to their unease at being in the presence of their Supreme Commander. Ergelak.

Idiots.

"Show me those cores if you would, Ensign." Without hesitation this time, Carr led her passed neat piles of materiel and toward the centre of the cargo bay.

The sound of the communication reached her ears just as they passed the stored power couplings. Excellent. This was good news; they were still on schedule. When Carr stopped and pointed at the metallic cases she motioned for him to open one. She peered inside the containers and nodded. With renewed vigour she and Carr began loading the data cores onto the trolley that his crewmates had cleared for them.

She had just secured the final case on the trolley. The ever-present beam began to slip from her face. She straightened quickly, her eyes searching for her companion's. A moment of silent communication passed before she recovered and turned her smile back on to address Carr. "Thank you for your help, Ensign! You were invaluable."

[Cargo Bay 2 - Catwalks]

T'Prina peered down at the scene below her, visibly frowning. None of this was correct, or according to proper protocol. The science department was not planning any sort of experiment in the Neural Core. As Chief Science Officer, she would be in charge of requisitioning all required materials and personnel. She frowned even harder, if such a thing were possible. Both the Admiral and the counselor were acting entirely out of character, and Ensign Ellis appeared to be the one in charge. It was all very fascinating, but what does it mean? ANaLYN squirmed under the tight grip the Vulcan had both over her mouth, and around her waist, little pink rubber boots kicking wildly. T'Prina set her down before Adeyemi and Ellis left the cargo bay. Before she released the AI, she whispered in her ear.

"I know you wanted go to Ade-- Malcolm. However now is not a good time. We need to continue to observe him, something is very wrong."

Once freed, ANaLYN crossed her arms and frowned, mimicking the Vulcan. She looked over the railing and shook her head.

"Mack'Em and Flick are being very weird. What are they gonna do in my Neural Core? I don't like it." That said, she vaulted over the railing, hard hat disappearing as her glossy brown hair fluttered behind her like streamers. T'Prina sighed audibly and followed suit. However she slid down a chain from one of the loading machines, rather than just jumping and landed a moment after the holographic AI. The science officer cleared her throat and raised a delicately arched eyebrow.

"Excuse me, but this is highly unorthodox. All science department requisitions require my approval, or do you not recall our recent discussion about the subject, Admiral? Also, there is no scheduled experimentation for the Neural Core as Commander O'Connell has declared it off limits to my people. Care to explain your actions, 'Admiral Adeyemi'? Or should I direct my questions to 'Ensign Ellis'? I've observed you taking your cues from her."

[NPC Post as Rixxy]

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on January 16, 2018, 12:16:53 PM

[Promenade]

Leanna walked along ignoring the stares and wolf whistles that came her way as now wasn't the time for flirting or acknowledging those responsible and besides the only person who made her go weak at the knees was no longer on the station. She was also focused and nothing was going to stop her and her determination soon paid off when she spotted the Commander up ahead along with Ensign Dorset in what appeared to be the aftermath of some kind of explosion. Deciding to wait to approach him once she had ascertained if they were both okay.

[Promenade]

Rixxy wrinkled her nose at the acrid smell of smoke as she approached Leanna. It unpleasantly reminded her of the atmosphere on that polluted planet. Since she had caused a few... extra casualties there, the bartender had been laying low. Then the ship of Klingons had arrived, and she outright hid. Sometimes discretion was the better part of valor, but honor be damned. Her brother and uncle had been in the crew and a fight with them would end up with somebody dead. She rolled her shoulders in a conscious effort to relax.

"You wanted to see me, boss?" Rixxy called out to Leanna, and tried to seem nonchalant.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.