Season 2, Mission 4: Switch

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, January 02, 2018, 07:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Xander Dorset on January 18, 2018, 01:48:03 PM

[Promenade]

Xander accepted the chips from the Commander, happy to note that they were all in pristine condition. It was, however, curious to note that a small purple light began pulsating in the corner of each chip after it was detached from its data source. Xander couldn't do anything beyond make wild guesses at what it might be without a comprehensive scan first - possibly an engineer or two as well, as much as he loathed to admit it. But first, the civilians.

Xander knelt down by his kit and began packing things away as the civilian explained herself. He glanced up at the civilian and smirked a little in response to her concern, quipping, "The Admiral and the counselor, huh? They're both kind of weird to begin with, so you must have seen something very freaky - either that, or you're imagining things. Both seem equally likely."

Xander turned away from the woman and looked back to the Commander. "If you want to get to the bottom of these mystery chips, we should probably pick up a competent engineer or two and head to a lab where we can do an in-depth scan. If we're lucky, someone might be able to link the chip back to its owner."

At that moment, Xander saw someone else lurking on the edge of the group behind Commander Tritter, seemingly waiting to talk to the man. This time, that person was in medical uniform. Xander leaned his head back and sighed rather obnoxiously. "Go ahead, spit it out. You might as well share with the rest of us since apparently we're all sharing this high-demand German."

Tritter focused on Dorset for a few moments, he studied the chips carefully. He than stated "Let's get those figured out and get down to the bottom of this", his heavily accented voice was calm, direct and focused as he spoke. He chuckled quietly at the comment made by the Ensign, he appreciated their sense of humor. He nodded slightly in agreement to the second statement made by the Ensign, he than calmly stated, "If you can facilitate getting them to Engineering, I will discuss things with Leanna privately", his tone was direct and to the point, slightly hinting at the importance of the conversation.
Quote from: Leanna Mazal on January 17, 2018, 04:02:08 AM

[Promenade]

With Rixxy's arrival Leanna had taken her focus off the two Starfleet Officers for a moment as she explained why she had needed her but it soon returned when they seemed to finish with whatever they were doing to the bulkhead and Ensign Dorset acknowledged before Commander Tritter looked in her direction. She understood now wasn't the time for small talk and motioning for Rixxy to stay where she was walked forward and looked about before feeling more confident to tell the officers why she was here or at least say enough in the hope they could go somewhere quieter.

" Yes there is " she replied pausing for a moment before continuing " well I'm hoping Commander Tritter can as I need to speak to him about some strange behaviour concerning the Admiral and Ensign Ellis".

[Location: Promenade]

He focused carefully on the civilian before him, he wasn't familiar with her nor knew her well, but he decided it was worth it for him to trust her in relation to this important information. Tritter than stated, "Than we need to discuss this somewhere, quiet. Follow me" He than nodded slightly to Ensign Dorset and said "Have Engineering inform me once they have figured out the details about the chips" He than turned on a heel and made his way in a relatively quick fashion through the decks and to a nearby turbo lift. Once the civilian joined him, he keyed in for his office. The turbo lift than proceeded to move, Tritter was not a fan of the confined space of the turbo lift. Once it slid to a stop, he stepped out and motioned for the civilian to follow him.

He would than make his way to his office, a place that he knew was safe from being eavesdropped on and the like. He than held the door open for her and once she stepped inside, he closed the door and stated, "The promenade was not a safe place for this conversation, as there are... prying eyes and ears around. What may I help you with?" His heavily accented voice was calm and mellow.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Xander Dorset on January 18, 2018, 01:48:03 PM

[Promenade]
Xander knelt down by his kit and began packing things away as the civilian explained herself. He glanced up at the civilian and smirked a little in response to her concern, quipping, "The Admiral and the counselor, huh? They're both kind of weird to begin with, so you must have seen something very freaky - either that, or you're imagining things. Both seem equally likely."

Xander turned away from the woman and looked back to the Commander. "If you want to get to the bottom of these mystery chips, we should probably pick up a competent engineer or two and head to a lab where we can do an in-depth scan. If we're lucky, someone might be able to link the chip back to its owner."

At that moment, Xander saw someone else lurking on the edge of the group behind Commander Tritter, seemingly waiting to talk to the man. This time, that person was in medical uniform. Xander leaned his head back and sighed rather obnoxiously. "Go ahead, spit it out. You might as well share with the rest of us since apparently we're all sharing this high-demand German."

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on January 19, 2018, 10:04:10 AM

[Location: Promenade]

He focused carefully on the civilian before him, he wasn't familiar with her nor knew her well, but he decided it was worth it for him to trust her in relation to this important information. Tritter than stated, "Than we need to discuss this somewhere, quiet. Follow me" He than nodded slightly to Ensign Dorset and said "Advise me once you have figured out the details about the chips" He than turned on a heel and made his way in a relatively quick fashion through the decks and to a nearby turbo lift. Once the civilian joined him, he keyed in for his office. The turbo lift than proceeded to move, Tritter was not a fan of the confined space of the turbo lift. Once it slid to a stop, he stepped out and motioned for the civilian to follow him.

He would than make his way to his office, a place that he knew was safe from being eavesdropped on and the like. He than held the door open for her and once she stepped inside, he closed the door and stated, "The promenade was not a safe place for this conversation, as there are... prying eyes and ears around. What may I help you with?" His heavily accented voice was calm and mellow.

[Promenade]

Leanna wasn't sure of the best way to respond to the Ensign and whilst she could understand what he meant about Flick and the Admiral didn't like his attitude or the way he assumed that she was imagining everything. He obviously was more concerned with these chips that they had removed from the bulkhead than a potential alien threat and besides she had already questioned herself over what had happened and didn't need him to doubt her as well.

However Commander Tritter did seem genuinely interested in what she had to say and therefore was saved from commenting as she followed him along the Promenade and into a turbo lift sensing his discomfort over using one but didn't draw attention to it as they then made their way to his office.

[XO's Office]

Leanna thanked him as he held the door open for her and once she was inside immediately felt safer and understood completely as to why he wanted them away from the Promenade. " I agree Commander and I hope you can help me" she replied taking a deep breath before explaining everything.

" Ensign Ellis visited me earlier and whilst she was there, her whole attitude changed as if she had never seen Puzzles before or knew me, almost like it was different person and then the Admiral joined us and I got the same feeling from him especially when Ensign Ellis seemed to take over and be in charge before they quickly left" she said " At first I thought I was imagining it all but with me being Betazoid and once I processed everything I realised that its not them, someone has taken over their bodies".

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on January 19, 2018, 10:30:04 AM

[Promenade]

Leanna wasn't sure of the best way to respond to the Ensign and whilst she could understand what he meant about Flick and the Admiral didn't like his attitude or the way he assumed that she was imagining everything. He obviously was more concerned with these chips that they had removed from the bulkhead than a potential alien threat and besides she had already questioned herself over what had happened and didn't need him to doubt her as well.

However Commander Tritter did seem genuinely interested in what she had to say and therefore was saved from commenting as she followed him along the Promenade and into a turbo lift sensing his discomfort over using one but didn't draw attention to it as they then made their way to his office.

[XO's Office]

Leanna thanked him as he held the door open for her and once she was inside immediately felt safer and understood completely as to why he wanted them away from the Promenade. " I agree Commander and I hope you can help me" she replied taking a deep breath before explaining everything.

" Ensign Ellis visited me earlier and whilst she was there, her whole attitude changed as if she had never seen Puzzles before or knew me, almost like it was different person and then the Admiral joined us and I got the same feeling from him especially when Ensign Ellis seemed to take over and be in charge before they quickly left" she said " At first I thought I was imagining it all but with me being Betazoid and once I processed everything I realised that its not them, someone has taken over their bodies".

[Location: Puzzles]

Tritter nodded slightly to the civilian as she answered, he let the door close and than he stood about six feet infront of her, the Executive Officer listened carefully to them, he was surprised but his facial expressions didn't indicate as such. He would wait for her to finish, he than took a few minutes to digest the information. He than would reply with the following "Those allegations are very serious, but if you say that is the case, I'm going to trust you on this" He than waited another moment before he added, "I just hope this is not a mistake. I will take it from here"

He would wait for her to start to make her way out before he tapped his comm badge and said =/\= Commander Tritter to Lieutenant Commander Mackenzie, my office as soon as possible =/\= His heavily accented voice was direct and assertive as he addressed the Security Chief, they had business to attend to.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

T'Prina

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on January 16, 2018, 09:17:55 PM

There was a pregnant pause as she recovered, but she managed it quickly enough considering the untenable circumstances. She plastered a benevolent smile on her face and looked at the Admiral with a sympathetic expression; much in the same way that a kind individual would look upon a poorly patient. "The Admiral grew worried at the prospect of ANaLYN becoming compromised, or more specifically, of being tampered with or changed in any way. He came up with the idea of having a back up plan of sorts, just -"

They were on precarious ground and in dangerous territory. It would seem that their biggest obstacle would not be a successful escape from the starbase after all, but rather the successful escape from personal connections and affiliations. And these people were obviously very much connected.

With the same smile she hunkered down in order to be of a similar height to the little girl, whose temper appeared to far exceed her size. "The Admiral is not quite himself today. I believe he has come down with something. I do not think that it is too serious," she hastened to add, "But he is a little confused."

She stood to glance at the science officer. "I did not think much of it at first, and was happy to help out with the 'experiment'. Since then he has had dizzy spells and bouts of confusion. We had just decided on a visit to Sickbay. The Doctor should check him out on the off-chance that it is something serious, or viral." She turned back to the Admiral. "We should go, sir. We can finish your experiment once you feel better." Her tone was borderline patronising, her intention to give the impression that she was purely humouring him. Despite the show, she kept a firm hold on the loaded trolley and prepared to push it passed their interrogators.

[Cargo Bay 2]

T'Prina's face remained flat and impassive throughout Ensign Ellis' explanation. Humans had a succinct word for what she had just delivered, 'Bull shit.' Nothing short of a complete personality transplant would make Adeyemi into such a passive little push-over. Maybe it was time to test a theory. She would pull on the weakest link until their chain snapped.

"Malcolm, why did you not tell me you were concerned for ANaLYN? You know she is very nearly our daughter. I would never allow any harm to befall her."

The petite Vulcan threw herself into his arms, like a distressed lover, implying a much closer relationship. She reached a hand up and gently cupped the side of his face. "I know we have been discreet since the events on Xa'zii Prime, but I cannot bear to see you in such pain."

Her face was buried in Adeyemi's chest, hiding the fact that she was in deep concentration as she silently attempted to mind meld the befuddled Admiral. It was the only way to be certain of what was really happening to him, of reaching him if what the ensign alleged happened to be true.

Confusion.
Thoughts in an alien language.
Fear.
A mission to be completed.
The Neural Core.
Theft?

T'Prina pulled back, disengaging the link before he could see back into her own mind. There was nothing of Malcolm Adeyemi in the man who stood before her. ANaLYN and the Neural Core needed to be protected at all costs. What could be done though?

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on January 19, 2018, 10:42:34 AM

[Location: Puzzles]

Tritter nodded slightly to the civilian as she answered, he let the door close and than he stood about six feet infront of her, the Executive Officer listened carefully to them, he was surprised but his facial expressions didn't indicate as such. He would wait for her to finish, he than took a few minutes to digest the information. He than would reply with the following "Those allegations are very serious, but if you say that is the case, I'm going to trust you on this" He than waited another moment before he added, "I just hope this is not a mistake. I will take it from here"

He would wait for her to start to make her way out before he tapped his comm badge and said =/\= Commander Tritter to Lieutenant Commander Mackenzie, my office as soon as possible =/\= His heavily accented voice was direct and assertive as he addressed the Security Chief, they had business to attend to.

[XO's Office]

Leanna was relieved that the Commander was willing to believe and trust her as she honestly didn't who she could trust with the information she had found and at the same time knew how serious it was and had no problem with what he said or having him take it from here.

" Thank you Commander and I realise how serious it is" she replied " That's why I waited until now because I wanted to make sure I was right before coming to tell you as I didn't know who I could trust and I hope its not a mistake either but I know something is definitely wrong".

Happy in the knowledge that her information had been taken seriously all she could do now was wait and hope that the real Flick and Admiral were okay and that this would be resolved before something serious happened to the station. Leaving the Commander's Office she took a deep breath then proceeded to go back to the Promenade and Rixxy then decide her next move.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: T'Prina on January 19, 2018, 11:21:47 AM

[Cargo Bay 2]

T'Prina's face remained flat and impassive throughout Ensign Ellis' explanation. Humans had a succinct word for what she had just delivered, 'Bull shit.' Nothing short of a complete personality transplant would make Adeyemi into such a passive little push-over. Maybe it was time to test a theory. She would pull on the weakest link until their chain snapped.

"Malcolm, why did you not tell me you were concerned for ANaLYN? You know she is very nearly our daughter. I would never allow any harm to befall her."

The petite Vulcan threw herself into his arms, like a distressed lover, implying a much closer relationship. She reached a hand up and gently cupped the side of his face. "I know we have been discreet since the events on Xa'zii Prime, but I cannot bear to see you in such pain."

Her face was buried in Adeyemi's chest, hiding the fact that she was in deep concentration as she silently attempted to mind meld the befuddled Admiral. It was the only way to be certain of what was really happening to him, of reaching him if what the ensign alleged happened to be true.

Confusion.
Fear.
The Neural Core.
Theft?

T'Prina pulled back, disengaging the link before he could see back into her own mind. There was nothing of Malcolm Adeyemi in the man who stood before her. ANaLYN and the Neural Core needed to be protected at all costs. What could be done though?

[Cargo Bay 2]

He was immediately confused and tried to shy away from the intimate contact, but found himself unable to. Who was this strange woman, touching him without his permission? Is it possible it was his host's mate? The unfamiliar contact coupled with the strangeness of inhabiting another body left him feeling even more fearful.

[Torpedo Bay]

There was a sensation of waking up after having fallen asleep at an odd time. Adeyemi found that he could not move. He was lying on his back and could hear the soft thrum of machinery nearby. It was the torpedo tubes, he could spot that sound from a parsec away. His past training in tactical told him that much.

His body would not answer his brain's command. Instead of panic, a cool, rationale set in. He had a jinn on his chest, an evil spirit that was preventing him from moving. The admiral focused on his breathing until the sound filled his ears and became too labored, too loud. He began to panic.

He thrashed violently on the deck, but nothing would break him from his trance. The sound of his ragged breath filled his world, his mind screaming with rage and pain, but to the casual observer it looked as if he was simply having a restless sleep.

Derek Black

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on January 18, 2018, 01:41:42 PM

=/\= "I can be your way in a jiffy. Had to answer a quick call on a transporter. Can you please someone from security down to transporter 5? It seems that there was some foul play about. Two technicians are dead  =/\=

[CMO's Office]

Dead technicians? Derek wasn't sure what concerned him more, the fact that there were potentially two crewmembers incapacitated on the station, or the callous and lackadaisical way McKinson reported it. =/\="Security, this is Black, there's been a report of possible downed technicians in Transporter Room 5. Medical teams to Transporter Room 5."=/\= Getting out of his seat, he reached for his medkit, but finding an empty space. What the-? Derek frowned, dropping down to his knee and peering at the shelf below his desk. I could've sworn my bag was there earlier.

Quote from: Daniel Howell on January 19, 2018, 06:59:37 AM

Sickbay - Chief Blacks Office
He walked round into the office "You wanted to see me chief?"

"I'm sorry, what?" Derek looked back up over his workstation, considering the chief engineer's appearance. "Uh, no, I don't think so. I did call for McKinson, I asked her to come see me after her visit with Baker. She must've forgotten though, she just called in from Transporter Room 5...she mentioned there were two casualties, I just sent some teams up and was about to go myself." He paused, glancing at Howell's charred uniform and the freshly regenerated skin on his face. "What on earth happened to you?"
Quote from: Jenna McKinson on January 18, 2018, 01:41:42 PM

[ Medical Bay - CMO's Office ]

Jenna knocked on the door and waited for Black to answer. It took all in her not to check on Molly. Jenna knew the best thing for her girlfriend was rest, but she still worried to death about Molly. She took a few deep deaths while she waited. Maybe there was something wrong and she didn't know it. How did she not notice the dead bodies as she went in to run diagnostics?

"Come in." Derek called out, admitting the lieutenant. "I thought I asked you to check in before you left? And what happened in the transporter room?"

Derek Black

[NPC Post - PO2 Tulos]

[Outside the XO's Office]

Well this was a waste of time, Tulos thought to himself as he went around the station, always seemingly two steps behind Commander Tritter. He would've much rather stayed behind in the trauma bay with the team. Finally something interesting happened and instead of being there doing his job, he had been sent out like some sort of assistant. He had hoped it would've been a quick task, but the XO seemed determined to thwart his plans. Finally, he caught up when the commander went to his office, but unbeknownst to Tulos, he ended up straight in a meeting. Behind closed doors. Damn!

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on January 19, 2018, 10:42:34 AM

Having spent five minutes bouncing on his heels, Tulos went straight in as the owner of their station's prize jewel bar came out. He took the time to greet Leanna in passing, giving her a quick smile as she flashed by. "Sir, Chief Black's compliments, he was hoping to speak to you regarding an urgent matter. Commander Knox was injured in a transporter accident and they brought her to the sickbay, I think they've run into some complications. The Chief tried to raise Admiral Adeyemi over comms, but he...well, the Admiral said something strange, sir."

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Derek Black on January 19, 2018, 03:38:20 PM

[NPC Post - PO2 Tulos]

Having spent five minutes bouncing on his heels, Tulos went straight in as the owner of their station's prize jewel bar came out. He took the time to greet Leanna in passing, giving her a quick smile as she flashed by. "Sir, Chief Black's compliments, he was hoping to speak to you regarding an urgent matter. Commander Knox was injured in a transporter accident and they brought her to the sickbay, I think they've run into some complications. The Chief tried to raise Admiral Adeyemi over comms, but he...well, the Admiral said something strange, sir."

[Outside XO's Office/Promenade]

Before she left for the turbolift, her head filled with worry and what to do next, Leanna smiled as the medic acknowledged her before he too went in to see Commander Tritter and realised he had been there on the Promenade. The Commander was definitely in demand and had a lot of faith in him for resolving this strange bizarre situation they were now in.

As she stepped into the lift and called out her destination, she stood back against the rail and for a moment stopped to think about the real Adeyemi and Flick, wondering where they had been transported to and hoped that they would be found and returned to their rightful bodies.

The lift stopped and she stood there deep in thought until she realised the doors were open and she walked out and quickly found Rixxy and without the need to talk began walking back to Puzzles knowing she would follow.

Auzual Knox

[Exiting Turbo Lift]

Right. Right. Ok. Done. Now? Are you certain?

"Lt. Commander Knox. The Gibson. Head of Security. Something."

Knox turned around and sighed as she watched the poor man run towards her upon.

"Breath."

A few moments later, the somewhat overweight individual began to sweat.

"As commanded, I need to report to you and then Commander Tritter. The Gibson have found something."

"Understood, Lieutenant. I shall follow up with the Gibson now and then update the Commander with the facts, rather than found something. Dismissed. "

=/\= Knox to Gibson. Please update on your current status. I have been updated that you have found something? =/\=

And, with that she knew the Neural Core would have to wait.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on January 19, 2018, 11:25:09 AM

[XO's Office]

Leanna was relieved that the Commander was willing to believe and trust her as she honestly didn't who she could trust with the information she had found and at the same time knew how serious it was and had no problem with what he said or having him take it from here.

" Thank you Commander and I realise how serious it is" she replied " That's why I waited until now because I wanted to make sure I was right before coming to tell you as I didn't know who I could trust and I hope its not a mistake either but I know something is definitely wrong".

Happy in the knowledge that her information had been taken seriously all she could do now was wait and hope that the real Flick and Admiral were okay and that this would be resolved before something serious happened to the station. Leaving the Commander's Office she took a deep breath then proceeded to go back to the Promenade and Rixxy then decide her next move.

[Location: Executive Officer's Office]

Tritter's focus remained on the civilian infront of him. He than nodded slightly to her, he than added, "It is serious, but it will be dealt with, thank you" His tone was calm and focused, he knew exactly how to handle the problem. He hadn't heard a reply back from the Security Chief, so the man may have to deal with the issue himself. And the man was more than qualified to handle the issue. He wasn't afraid of the situation and now is the time for action.

Quote from: Derek Black on January 19, 2018, 03:38:20 PM

[NPC Post - PO2 Tulos]

Well this was a waste of time, Tulos thought to himself as he went around the station, always seemingly two steps behind Commander Tritter. He would've much rather stayed behind in the trauma bay with the team. Finally something interesting happened and instead of being there doing his job, he had been sent out like some sort of assistant. He had hoped it would've been a quick task, but the XO seemed determined to thwart his plans. Finally, he caught up when the commander went to his office, but unbeknownst to Tulos, he ended up straight in a meeting. Behind closed doors. Damn!

[Location: Executive Officer's Office, Main Sick Bay]

Not long after Leanna left, Tritter walked out as well and he noticed the Petty Officer that was waiting for him. He shifted his focus to the other man, he was moving quickly and he stopped his motion quickly. He moved to the side of the hallway to have the conversation, to allow them to discuss without blocking the passageway.  He than listened carefully to the Petty Officer as they spoke to him, he than nodded slightly as soon as they finished speaking, "I will meet Chief Black at the Sick Bay, than you" The Executive Officer turned on a heel and made his exit.

He than made his way the quickest way he knew to sick bay. On the way, he tapped his comm badge and said "Commander Tritter to Chief Black, I am on my way to Sick Bay" His heavily accented voice was laser focused and confident as he spoke, as if these types of situations were comfortable and familiar to him. The Executive Officer made his way quickly through the decks to Sick Bay, he was moving quickly and with purpose as he moved. He would than make his way into Sick Bay, scanning the area looking for Chief Black.

Felicity Ellis

Quote from: T'Prina on January 19, 2018, 11:21:47 AM

[Cargo Bay 2]

Confusion.
Fear.
The Neural Core.
Theft?

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on January 19, 2018, 02:59:50 PM

[Cargo Bay 2]

He was immediately confused and tried to shy away from the intimate contact, but found himself unable to. Who was this strange woman, touching him without his permission? Is it possible it was his host's mate? The unfamiliar contact coupled with the strangeness of inhabiting another body left him feeling even more fearful.

It had become clear, as soon as the Vulcan attached herself to the Admiral, that she had indeed been the perfect candidate for their plan. Unfortunately for them, the original choice had obviously not been viable, if only judging by the hostile manner that she had confronted them, and the now overly affectionate demeanour she was displaying toward Adeyemi.

Something had gone wrong. Each of the trio had a contingency host. They would have to rendezvous with their third in the Neural Core. They alone must extricate themselves from this rapidly degenerating situation, lest their entire mission end in this Cargo Bay, foiled by a suddenly demonstrative lover.

She could not school her expression in time, and her mouth fell open slightly as the Vulcan cupped the Admiral's cheek and buried her head in his chest. Her eyes slid over the embracing couple; she looking as though her husband had just returned from a long-fought war, he as though a parasitic worm had just attached itself unceremoniously to his person.

Her gaze moved from the would-be couple to the crew close by, gauging their reactions. It appeared as though the science officer was buying their story, but keeping them together was not an option. With their close bond and the Vulcan skill in telepathy it would only be a matter of time before their intentions were deciphered.

Access Monitoring Devices 33347 through 33349. Activate self-destruct in 5, 4...

The time for stealth had passed. With all hands figuratively tied, they needed a way to escape, unaccompanied, in the confusion. It would not be ideal, but only one of them needed to make if to the Core for the assignation with their third.

3, 2...

She pulled back on the trolley, positioning it behind the Admiral. It would perhaps afford the specialist some cover.

It began with the monitoring devices located behind them toward the rear-end of Cargo Bay 2, and continued in a chain-reaction of glorious noise as three separate explosions rocked the bay in quick succession. The force knocked her backward and she collided painfully with a bulkhead. Debris and materials had been blasted across the room and acrid smoke began spreading gradually throughout the area. With her head feeling as though she was underwater she began to move forward, ears straining over the persistent ringing in her mind. They had been far enough away from the devices to escape the worst of the blasts, but around them chaos reigned.

"Evacuate the area!" She shouted, her stinging eyes trying to pierce through the smoke to locate the Admiral. She had to ensure that he, at the very least, made it out.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Kyan Mackenzie

:: USS Gibson | Main Bridge ::

Kyan had been watching the Bolian's sensor readings since he got off the coms with L Tubby. That had been some ten minutes ago and the Gibson had since come out of warp and was on approach to Columbus. Now that they were closer, their sensors could make more sense out of the odd readings from earlier. There was a string of anomalous energy readings on the station, small signatures of some unknown origin, and some of the same in the area of the station, which they had yet to pinpoint. The science of it was mostly lost on the boy but one pattern stood out.

"The signatures make a path so.. see there? From Cargo Bay 2 all the way tae the station's computer control center." Kyan noted.

"The ones in the Cargo Bay just vanished sir."

He looked back down. Sure enough, the two dots in the cargo bay had disappeared.

"Sir I'm reading explosions in the cargo bay." the Bolian offered uneasily. "And two life forms in there. One Human... One Vulcan."

They didn't know the make up of the energy sources, but now they had a pretty good idea of what they did, or at least Kyan thought he did, which was more than good enough for him.

"Roit. Can we transport them aboard?" he asked.

"It will be hard to get a lock with the interference." the Operations officer piped up. "The explosions created some radiation which... "

"No would have sufficed. Try anyways." Kyan returned to his seat just in time for his com badge to chirp.

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on January 19, 2018, 05:59:21 PM

=/\= Knox to Gibson. Please update on your current status. I have been updated that you have found something? =/\=

The little Only tapped the badge as he hopped into the command chair. =/\= Knox, Oi'm sendin our reading tae ye. There be a trail of odd energy sources leadin from Cargo Bay 2 to the Computer Control area. We think they are bombs of a sort. Two of'em just exploded in the Cargo bay, and there's people there. We cannae transport them out the now on account of the interference. Will keep trying. Also there be some odd readings in the area around the station, the which we will investigate. Gibson out. =/\=

If those readigns were explosives, and someone was using them to damage the station, that constituted an attack. And since everything else was an unknown at the moment...

"Red Alert." Kyan ordered. "All hands make ready for a foight. This is nae a drill!" As soon as he spoke the words, the ship responded. The klaxons began as the bridge of the Gibson shifted from a bright, clean light to the angry red hues reflecting their new alert status. "Keep scanning the area for anything what shouldn't be here." Kyan ordered, and finally turned to Tanner at Tactical.

"Tanner, it moight be needful to board the station. We dunno what they've got themselves into over there. Tell some of the Security folk to get ready fer that."

Kyan then tapped his com badge again. =/\= Mackenzie to Tritter. Commander, the Gibson is back and we be moniterin the situation on the station. Knox has out data what we've collected on the weird energy signatures. We're holdin station about twenty five hundred kilometers away from Columbus. Also some odd energy signatures out here. We'll keepye posted. Gibson out. =/\=

As the young officers, enlisted folks, and cadets buzzed about, manning their stations, Kyan watched his own monitors and waited. It felt like a fight was coming, which he welcomed, although the Gibson wasn't exactly his first choice of ships in which to do it. But he wouldn't tell her that.

"Today lass, it's a tiger you'll need tae be, and not an egghead." he whispered. "Ye can do it girl. Oi'll show ya." He then offered up a prayer to Morrigu, because even though he knew HE was ready... the Gibson was still just a little science ship.

"An here's hopin the creatures only brought a shuttle or a wee freighter." he thought.

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles]

The fun, laughter filled atmosphere of the now very busy bar should of made Leanna smile but with what she had just spoken to Commander Tritter continued to trouble her and wouldn't settle or relax properly till she knew that things were back to normal. Of course she couldn't go straight to her office otherwise Seamus and the others would only ask questions and besides it was for the best if they didn't know what was going on right now as she wasn't going to risk her staff if these aliens came after her.

She it might be unlikely if they did but she wasn't going to be lax about it just in case so for now she walked back over to the main bar as though nothing had happened and resumed serving drinks and chatting with her customers.

Derek Black

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on January 20, 2018, 11:53:04 AM

He than made his way the quickest way he knew to sick bay. On the way, he tapped his comm badge and said "Commander Tritter to Chief Black, I am on my way to Sick Bay" His heavily accented voice was laser focused and confident as he spoke, as if these types of situations were comfortable and familiar to him. The Executive Officer made his way quickly through the decks to Sick Bay, he was moving quickly and with purpose as he moved. He would than make his way into Sick Bay, scanning the area looking for Chief Black.

[CMO's Office]

Glancing first at Howell, and then McKinson, Derek felt like a raw recruit again who had been told he forgot to do an assignment. "Well sure, why not throw another log onto the fire." He commented wryly, having no idea why Commander Tritter was on his way down. The XO rarely made site visits, and even less so ones that were unannounced. Derek could only imagine it was about what had happened in Transporter Room 5, and he had absolutely no details for Tritter. "If you'll excuse me for a moment, I'll find out what this is about."

[Sickbay]

Stepping out of his office, he met Tritter in the medical bay with a slight frown. "Commander, if this is about what happened in Transporter Room 5, I can't give you any answers yet. My teams are just arriving there." Tulos stepped around the large officer with a confused look on his face. "You asked for me to get the XO sir, about Commander Knox?" At Derek's blank expression, the medic added helpfully, "Transporter Room accident? She's in Trauma 2?"

Derek shook his head, mystified. "Wait, transporter room? That was Knox?" He abruptly spun on his heel, striding towards the sealed trauma bay. McKinson had said two bodies. Knox can't be dead, she- Wrenching the privacy screen open, he stared at the empty biobed with sudden relief. It didn't last long, and he rounded on Tulos angrily. "What kind of joke is this?"

His medic's face reflected his own confusion, and the normally unflappable Tulos was nearly besides himself. "Chief, I swear, Commander Knox was here. She had suffered a plasma burn, she was unconscious...you saw something and sent me for the XO! Look," Going to the head display in desperation, Tulos activated the screen. "Look, there's her body scan, timed twenty minutes ago!"

Derek stared at the display readout, profoundly at a loss for words. Tulos wasn't wrong, Knox's biometric data was staring back at them, and as he took a closer look, the CMO noticed someone had brought up a brain circuitry pattern comparison between the current readings and Knox's medical file. Unlike most of the crew, instead of only one pattern, the trill had two; Knox the symbiont, and Kathoroz. The hyperencephalograms should have been identical, and were akin to someone's fingerprints. "Well that can't be right." Derek pointed out the discrepancy to both Tulos and Tritter. "Look, the symbiont pattern is the same, but Kathoroz's aren't. That's impossible, someone must have mixed up the records."

"You ordered the scans, Chief." Tulos pointed out, somewhat unhelpful for Derek's case. The CMO turned to Tritter shaking his head. "Commander, I don't have any recollection of this, Knox being here, or me doing these scans. Hell, to be honest, I don't even remember the past hour passing. But the records are here, and...well, I can't believe I'm considering this, but if they're accurate, then the Knox we know wasn't the one lying down on this biobed."

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on January 20, 2018, 12:51:32 PM

It began with the monitoring devices located behind them toward the rear-end of Cargo Bay 2, and continued in a chain-reaction of glorious noise as three separate explosions rocked the bay in quick succession. The force knocked her backward and she collided painfully with a bulkhead. Debris and materials had been blasted across the room and acrid smoke began spreading gradually throughout the area. With her head feeling as though she was underwater she began to move forward, ears straining over the persistent ringing in her mind. They had been far enough away from the devices to escape the worst of the blasts, but around them chaos reigned.

Derek felt the slight rumble through the deck, and his eyes snapped towards Tritter's. "What the hell was that?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.