Author Topic: Season 2, Mission 4: Switch  (Read 45661 times)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Season 2, Mission 4: Switch
« on: January 02, 2018, 07:51:05 am »
=/\= Station Log, stardate 981723.1.

Our yearly overhaul is now taking place. From the spire of the station to its furthest reaches, maintenance is undergoing. I cannot say that I am relishing this mundane but time consuming task. As commanding officer, it is usually my sole job to oversee the procedure as a whole. However, with the addition of Analyn to our station, it falls to me to personally direct maintenance to her.

I believe our crew needs this time. So much has happened to our home and to ourselves that has been unforeseen and extreme. It will be nice to undergo something boring for once.

By the grace and power of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Admiral Malcolm Adeyemi =/\=

[Neural Core]

"Any particular reason for this spot, commander?"

O'Connell was seated on an empty crate of machine parts, PADD in hand. Analyn's original creator was radiating waves of resentment, from the top of her long dark brown hair to the polished tips of her uniformed boots. She had a long, austere face and blazing dark eyes. Long ago she had learned that men and women were intimidated by her intellect, her height, her voice. And she used every bit of it to her advantage. There was no warmth in her tone as she replied.

"I wanted you to see the extent of the damage, sir." She said in a rich Irish accent. "This isn't a matter of a few faulty subroutines. The entire personality has been altered."

At O'Connell's behest, Analyn was not permitted to sit in on these proceedings. Instead, the commander had insisted that the AI also undergo maintenance. She was still active, but all it had taken to occupy the little girl was a few replicated books about marine life on Quantal VII. Analyn loved fish.

"It was my understanding that the program was designed to change and to learn." Adeyemi was beginning to get a bit tired of this woman's constant attacks. Upon arriving at the Station, the Irishwoman had shut herself off from the command staff and any crew members, inspecting the machinery and computer files that somehow comprised Analyn. It was getting more and more difficult for Adeyemi to think of the little holographic AI as anything but a child. When pressed, though, Analyn could still function as the Station's artificial intelligence. In addition to reading about fish, O'Connell had bid her to assist with the station wide maintenance. The little girl had absentmindedly complied, as if the mundane task was too easy and beneath her. This hadn't pleased O'Connell.

"To adapt and learn, yes, but not to read about fish. Eat macaroni and cheese. Draw pictures of animals and clouds and you and her and your science officer at a picnic." O'Connell said sharply. "She was intended to be an artificial intelligence, not your child."

"Analyn is not my child," Adeyemi said, just as sharply. "She is a member of this crew, however, and it is my responsibility as her commanding officer to see that she grows and feels fulfilled, does her duty, and is happy. She is a sentient being."

"That remains to be seen," O'Connell said darkly. Before the admiral could reply she bulled right over him. "I want to meet this science officer of yours, T'Prina. Analyn refers to her as...'mama.' I want to know why, and exactly what influence you and your people have had on my system."
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 08:08:43 am by Malcolm Adeyemi »

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 2, Mission 4: Switch
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 08:28:32 am »
[Puzzles]

With the station undergoing maintenance and the extensive damage caused to the bar by the holographic murderous elves and other creatures that had invaded at Christmas, Leanna decided that now was the perfect time to refit and remodel Puzzles with the intention of making it bigger and better than before.

The work was going well including extending the dining area by installing a mezzanine floor with an elegant staircase leading up to it and a secondary smaller bar, more security measures and reinforced glass in the new windows. The refit was also a good distraction for the young Betazoid so she wouldn't miss Deg'arf the Klingon Warrior who she had met by accident when he mistook her office for a bathroom and who saved her more than once including when she had been injured. Their affair had been extremely intense both physically and emotionally and it was just what she needed even if it left her with the odd bruise still not that she was complaining even more so after their rather passionate goodbye with promises of staying in touch and reuniting again some day.

In fact it wasn't only the bar undergoing a change as she had to do something similar to her quarters and the memories of their brief time together would remain with her and had no intention of forgetting them. As much as she wanted to reminisce, her train of thought was interrupted by the arrival of Seamus and the others so they could get the bar finished and ready for the reopening, something she was looking forward to now that her fire and strength had been reignited.

Offline Johannes Kentrat

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 05:48:05 pm »

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 06:39:03 pm »
[K'tomoc : Bridge]

[General Yoduk]

It was with a heavy sigh that General Yoduk ordered the K'tomoc to depart from the Station. To his surprise, extending his visit (for rather personal reasons) had actually gone down well with both his first and second officers. They had never normally agreed on anything, yet on this instant, they had. He laughed at their joint response.

The General let out a heavy sigh as he began to miss Naira. His lady had been so glorious and magnificent. Even more proud than his previous Klingon wives! She had not cared for any kind of ceremony or announcement of her carrying his child. He remembered their final moments together on the Station - embracing and kissing her deeply, the smell of her hair and whispering to her in Klingonese, as he held his hand to her womb.

He then began sending several subspace transmissions on financial and ceremonial matters due to the fact another was being born into his House. He would make sure that Naira and their child would be protected by historic blood oaths as well as have their own land and place. He had negotiated with Naira about join his House and he would have proposed but knew that there was little likelihood she would ever agree to such a union with anyone.

Deg'arf

Whilst ordering various commands during battle drills, Deg'arf absentmindedly traced the healing scratches on his cheek as he remembered ordering different kinds of commands to Leanna. He smiled and enjoyed the slight pain in his lip as he had stitched his broken lip himself, as Federation medics would have simply healed it. He chuckled to himself whilst he remembered how he had put his fist through the wall of her quarters as he had lifted Leanna to his shoulders whilst pressing her against it.

It had been unsettling for the Klingon to get used to a Betazoid reading his thoughts and emotions. But was pleasantly surprised by how obliging and engaging Leanna was with his wildest thoughts that even a Klingon woman would have found too much to handle. He sighed to himself reflectively. He knew that it was very unlikely he would be satisfied or rammed the same way again.

Ch'pok

Ch'pok looked down to the bottle in his hands. It was the whiss key that Flick had given to him whilst she treated his phaser burns. He remembered the encounter fondly. She was honorable and dependable and he liked her laugh. He wondered how well Knox and the Counselor would get along and had advised her to seek Flick out in Puzzles. Once the unforeseen situation had taken the decision of delaying the wedding out of their hands, they no longer needed to argue about when only how.

He remembered standing to his feet upon seeing her as she walked towards him from across the room. Despite the healing pains he felt and despite her protests, he picked her up into his arms and kissed her passionately. He knew that there was no other woman in the galaxy for him, though was perplexed. How could he show his feelings to someone who did not share his traditional values?

This is going to be complicated.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 08:21:28 pm »
[ Medical Bay ]

Jenna was beside herself. The once normal bubbly, energetic, and snarky person that everyone knew was a wreck. Shortly after learning of the fate of her beloved, she felt herself going through the motions of the day. Molly was not dead, but had not awoken for quite some time. She had spoken with Jenna for a brief time before needing to be induced into a coma to not further her injuries. Today was just like other days. What little leave time or time before work she had, she spent at Molly's bedside holding her hand. She had stopped herself from crying for the fifth time already. "Caleb called the other day. He said he missed seeing you. Said he was thinking about us and that once you came around he was going to send us a special plant to celebrate us becoming steady," Jenna said as she kissed her lover's forehead.

Jenna's state was self reckless ad she often skipped meals and asked for double or triple shifts to pass time in hope that Molly would be awake when she visited her. This was not the case this time as usual. She was glad to have spoke to Molly, but minutes seemed to turn to eons. She had closed her eyes and was quietly saying "Te Karakia O Te Atua" the Maori version of the Lord's prayer. It was something both Jenna and Molly found peace in saying together. She knew she had to leave to go on shift soon, but she had to grab a tissue as she was about to cry a bit more again. Each time seeing her in that state was not easy and it stung a little more each time. Deep inside of her she knew that maybe she would have to say goodbye if Molly didn't improve. 

What ate at her was what had happened. Sure Molly may have been ambushed by the little demons that plagued the station a while back. However, the report of how she was found didn't suggest that at all. Jenna knew it was foul play and when she came forward about it, all she ever got was runaround which frustrated her to no end. She was borderline snapping at the poor ensign she spoke to in security last.
"Please... Please... Send someone to help. I need to catch who did this. Not to make them pay, but to have justice for Molly. She doesn't deserve this," She said whispering mid prayer.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline ISAAC

• Suspended Account
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 09:36:56 pm »
[Mess Hall]

The plate in front of ISAAC was empty, as was the glass that he repeatedly brought to his mouth. They were props, as it were. ISAAC anticipated that his gaze would be less likely to arouse curiosity if he appeared to be there to eat. In truth, he found himself in the Mess Hall at this time to learn more about the members of Starbase Columbus. The process was proving to be just as daunting as he expected; after approximately 143 minutes aboard the starbase, he had encountered a mere 2.6% of its crew.

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 11:05:20 pm »
[Location: Executive Officer's Office]

Tritter and Ryan were in need of a chance to talk, privately. His office was the best place to do it, and if the door was locked, very rarely people would come in, and never without knocking. So it worked well for them. The two men were sitting in chairs straight across from each-other. They had enjoyed having the time with each-other, instead of having each in a different galaxy lightyears apart.

Tritter than wrapped an arm around his Husband and said "I know you mentioned you'd need something to do... So I have an option for you" He proceeded to hand his Husband a PADD, it had information about a job opportunity that he felt was up his Husband's ally. Ryan proceeded to take the PADD from his Husband and proceeded to flip through it. He studied it carefully, it was definitely something that was up his ally for sure. It was similar to what he did now, but more than slightly different, he reviewed it with a curious look on his face.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 08:06:51 am »

[Neural Core]

Somehow, Adeyemi's authority had been thwarted. The young officer, Kentrat, was leaning against the bulkhead as if he was a twenty something greaser dating a high school girl, waiting for her to finish her yearbook meeting. But the way O'Connell replied to him ended any chance of the admiral speaking up.

"In any good project there is a contingency for any possibility, ensign." She said, clearing her throat as she launched into an explanation. "ANaLYN has a complete and total fail safe. I can reboot the system at any time, wipe out this damage caused by the crew."

"That would kill her!" Adeyemi heard himself shrilly protest, and immediately hated his own weakness for doing so.

"'She' was only programmed to be feminine because studies have shown that a female voice and persona is more calming than a male one," O'Connell replied. "No other reason. She was not meant to be an eternal child, admiral. I have full authority from Starfleet to pull the plug and reboot if necessary."

Adeyemi subsided, seething. His ire was directed at O'Connell. He had seen copies of her orders himself. The Irishwoman wasn't wrong. Had the admiral been more observant, however, he might have noticed how Kentrat was kowtowing to O'Connell, and the young man's peculiar attitude directed at himself. But he was too consumed with concern for Analyn, the little girl they had all come to know and love.

"Where is this science officer, admiral?" O'Connell demanded. She lifted up her PADD. "I have questions for her, and a great deal to do."

" =/\= Adeyemi to T'Prina. Report to the Neural Core immediately. =/\= "

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 12:11:38 pm »
[Location: Executive Officer's Office]

Tritter waited patiently as his Husband reviewed what he had given him. Ryan had studied it carefully, it seemed like something he would enjoy, focusing on chasing fugitives, as well as handling issues with contraband and such as it is traveled throughout the "nearby" area. It was the type of thing he was good at and he had a unique skillset that would be good for such a thing. He than shifted his focus towards Tritter and smiled slightly, "Sounds good to me" Tritter nodded and gently rubbed his Husband's shoulder with his right hand. Ryan than stated, "I guess I should apply for this and you have work to do, I'll join you later"

Tritter nodded slightly, he gave his Husband a quick kiss. He than got to his feet and made his way out of the office, he had been tasked with over seeing the maintenance of the Starbase, as soon as he walked out of the doorway, his demeanor instantly changed and he was all business. The door whooshed shut behind him as he made his way to the Command Deck, where he was greeted with a "Commander on the Bridge!" He than nodded slightly to the Security Officer and stated "Carry on" to the crew of the Command Deck.

He would than take a seat in the Center Chair, he was reviewing the maintenance information, taking some time to get his bearings with where things were at.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Derek Black

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 12:42:25 pm »
[CMO's Office]

Meetings, meetings, meetings. Meetings with the senior officers, meetings with his own department leads, meetings with the concerned denizens of Starbase Columbus. It seemed as though that was all he had time for these days, and every time he returned to his office, another pile of PADDs were waiting for him, neatly stacked next to the previously scarcely touched column.

The latest debacle over their 'relaxing' festivities had thrown a new gimmick into the already fun mix; negotiating payment for civilian medical aid. All it took was a single payout to a passing Ferengi physician, and now everyone wanted a piece of the seemingly bottomless pie. Derek had spent the past week reviewing every claim and validating the actual services rendered before signing off on the fees; an exorbitant amount considering Starfleet doctors did the same job for free.

Grumbling quietly as he totalled up another round of recommended payments for Admiral Adeyemi's approval, Derek allowed himself a small feeling of satisfaction as he gathered up the small collection of completed PADDs and set them to one side for his administrative assistant to collect. The yeoman had been a singular luxury and was also one of the few reasons why he was still afloat in the administrative nightmare of managing Columbus' medical requirements. Eyeing the remaining work with some disdain, Derek pushed himself from the desk, intent on stretching his legs with a brief walk.

[Medical Bay]

As he made his rounds, Derek made sure to check in on the remaining patients from their 'Christmas Day Massacre'. The nickname had spread like wildfire, though he had stressed repeatedly that the medical staff not use the term infront of patients, some of whom were still in quite serious states. Stopping at the open doorway of one such room, a look of concern flickered over Derek's face.

"Please... Please... Send someone to help. I need to catch who did this. Not to make them pay, but to have justice for Molly. She doesn't deserve this," She said whispering mid prayer.

Molly Baker. She had suffered a severe blunt force head injury during the holographic rampages, amongst other injuries. Despite their neurosurgeon's best efforts, they had been forced to keep her in a comatose state until the swelling went down naturally. When she awoke, it would be a toss-up to see if there was any residual damage or memory loss.

The muted prognosis had weighed heavily on Baker's partner, and there had been more than one occasion where Derek walked in on the young lieutenant slumped over in a chair, too exhausted or unwilling to return to her quarters. The nurses tried to keep an eye on Jenna, and it was nearly impossible to not notice her steady decline. Derek feared that she'd have to be hospitalized soon herself.

Knocking lightly on the doorframe, he stepped into the room on the pretense of checking Molly's biobed. "Goodday, Ms.McKinson." He greeted her gently, his practiced eyes confirming Derek's suspicion. At this rate, she'll run herself into the ground, poor thing. I should ask Felicity to have a word with her. Making a mental note to speak with the counselor next time they passed, he offered the engineer a gentle smile. "How are you today?"

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 05:50:55 pm »
[Mess Hall]

The many high level security reports Knox held in her hands were beginning to give her a headache. It was clear that StarFleet were particularly concerned with emerging nanotechnologies and those attempting to create illegal subroutines. She took a deep breath and walked over to the replicator.

"Tea. English Breakfast. Hot."

[Mess Hall]
The plate in front of ISAAC was empty, as was the glass that he repeatedly brought to his mouth. They were props, as it were. ISAAC anticipated that his gaze would be less likely to arouse curiosity if he appeared to be there to eat. In truth, he found himself in the Mess Hall at this time to learn more about the members of Starbase Columbus. The process was proving to be just as daunting as he expected; after approximately 143 minutes aboard the starbase, he had encountered a mere 2.6% of its crew.

"May I join you Isaac? Would like to pick your processor over the new developments to the Station?"

Knox sat down opposite him, placing her PADDs down onto the table and held her cup with both hands, blowing on her tea before sipping.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 06:57:40 pm »
Main Engineering - Chief Engineers Office
As usual, Howell was in engineering. It was the annual makeover for the starbase, a rather stressful time for anyone in the engineering department, but 10x more so for the head of department, that being Dan. He was sat in his office, a coffee on the desk, a PADD in his hand and a background noise that could wake the dead from all the banging of tools and components yet he found himself starring into the proverbial abyss. Engineering was missing a certain touch without Molly and Jenna around. He knew what had happened to Molly but had not yet had a chance to see them since the incident happened.

Main Engineering
He came out of his office and headed over to a team to help them with some heavy lifting to remove one of the secondary coolant junctions - which was in a position so much so it could only be moved manually. "on the count of three: 1... 2... 3!" as he and a team of about 7 other officers lifted the junction piece. The moved it maybe 2 or 3 metres and placed it down. Everyone let out deep sighs in relief."

Just then a junior officer approached him - one of the temporary crew onboard to help deal with the refit. I have the refit audit for the medical bay as per requested sir. Smiling and politely nodding in thanks he replied "Ah, thank you ensign, I'll deal with this." It gave him a chance to drop in and see how Jenna and Molly were doing. He grabbed an engineering kit, placed the PADD in his pocket and headed off to the medical bay. On his way out he called out "Lieutenant Hassocks, your in charge whilst I'm gone." Aye Sir. he replied - and with that Dan left.

En route to the medical bay
Usually the journey was quiet to wherever he may be going but every junction, every corridor was full of engineers and operations officers busy at work. He quickly stopped en route to guide a young engineering cadet on how to properly re-configure the internal sensors after refitting a plasma coil before continuing on.

Medical Bay
The doors slid open to the medical bay. He stood still for a few moments looking around. As the doors closed behind him, he ventured further in. He found them in a small room with Chief Black in there with them. He reduced his speed to as slow as he could, lightening his feet and slowly peaking round he tapped lightly on the frame, softly saying in a friendly way "Hey, how ya' doing?" There was a small compassionate smile on his face. He knew how close Jenna and Molly would be. It hit him hard, it reminded him of a situation he once faced long before he joined Starfleet and joint with the reason he joined Starfleet in the first place.

He nodded at Chief Black for approval before having the intention of ignoring any other response other than approval. He knelt down in front of Jenna, looking into her eyes he saw what he once went through. He grimmed it up before asking again softly? "How ya' doing.?"
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 08:16:50 pm »

[Medical Bay]
Knocking lightly on the doorframe, he stepped into the room on the pretense of checking Molly's biobed. "Goodday, Ms.McKinson." He greeted her gently, his practiced eyes confirming Derek's suspicion. At this rate, she'll run herself into the ground, poor thing. I should ask Felicity to have a word with her. Making a mental note to speak with the counselor next time they passed, he offered the engineer a gentle smile. "How are you today?"

[ Medical Bay ]

"Good day Doctor," Jenna said trying her best to smile. "To be honest I feel like I am mulling through. I did get a glimmer of hope just before you walked in. I just heard Molly say I love you. I know I did not hallucinate. I know all too well sadly what that's like." She knew there was no hiding things with a doctor. Caleb, Leanna, and especially Molly warned her it was not the best idea. Especially when she had that run in with a nasty shock pattern. She did not move her hand from Molly's and she knew when Molly talked, if only briefly earlier, she grabbed her hand. It was then she noticed Dan walk in. It was nice to have company in there, though she did enjoy the alone time with Molly.

He nodded at Chief Black for approval before having the intention of ignoring any other response other than approval. He knelt down in front of Jenna, looking into her eyes he saw what he once went through. He grimmed it up before asking again softly? "How ya' doing.?"

"Hey chief. I am alright I guess. Look Molly grabbed my hand," Jenna said pointing to Molly's hand that gripped Jenna's lightly. There was no indication that Jenna forced Molly's hand to make it look like Molly grabbed it. Jenna would be damned if she was called crazy because she knew what she heard and felt. It was just before Black stepped into the room and just after she ended the prayer. It was a faint whisper and it was just enough to keep her going. Whatever happened the rest of the day was nothing because she just got the small sign of what she needed.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline ISAAC

• Suspended Account
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 08:29:24 pm »
[Mess Hall]

Through the clanking of utensils against dishes and the murmur of soft conversation filling the room, ISAAC put his ability to multi-task to the test. He had no interest in eavesdropping; his goal was observation. He made note of the loners, the outspoken, the shy, and the depressed. One characteristic that most fascinated ISAAC was the outwardly display of emotion. As he queried his data banks for information, a superior officer approached.

[Mess Hall]

[...]

"May I join you Isaac? Would like to pick your processor over the new developments to the Station?"

Knox sat down opposite him, placing her PADDs down onto the table and held her cup with both hands, blowing on her tea before sipping.

ISAAC motioned with his hand toward a chair as Knox sat. "Please, Lieutenant Commander," he said in an unimposing voice while studying her movements. "My database provides me with a basic understanding of the station's capabilities, but I would surely benefit from a better understanding."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:52:36 pm by ISAAC »

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 09:18:00 pm »
[Main Promenade][Puzzles]

A short time later, as Felicity stepped over the threshold of Puzzles, she was taken aback by how different it looked to the last time she'd been there. Granted, her last glimpse of the place had been of murderous blue holo-elves trying to batter, bite or shoot everyone to death, but the area that greeted her now was less like the construction site she'd expected. The crew had made great progress and she could see the potential end result.

She was walking around a neat pile of building materials when she spied Leanna. "Hey!" She called out by way of greeting, giving the bar's owner a small wave. "I just wanted to drop by and find out how you were doing."

She continued toward Leanna, still gazing around the room, taking in the progress and additions. It was then that she noticed the elegant staircase and mezzanine, and her eyes lit up. She grinned, approving immediately. That is prime people-watching real estate. "And to see if you needed anything," she added, pulling her focus from the miraculous transformation happening around her and back to the woman in front of her.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles