Athena Mission 2.10 The Last Directive

Started by Naira, January 01, 2018, 03:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naira

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on January 07, 2018, 08:30:53 PM

[Personal Quarters]

Ash finished sliding her last shoe on, then headed for the door. =/\= "Sounds good to me." =/\= She paused briefly in the doorway to check her reflection in the mirror, then (with a hopeless shake of her head at her unruly hair) entered the corridor. From her quarters, it was only a short walk to the Mess Hall.

[Mess Hall]

As soon as Ash entered the room, she made a beeline for the small kitchen area set off to the side, grabbing an apron and sliding it over her head as she walked. Without pausing, she reached for the well-used cookbooks on the shelf over the counter and flipped the largest one open with a satisfying thud. She had a few of her favourite recipes marked, but without knowing what Admiral Kirok liked she didn't know if any of them were suitable. Wait... Admiral... What's an Admiral doing on our ship?

[Mess Hall]

Naira exited the turbolift and walked quickly down the short corridor to the Mess Hall. As she walked, she questioned herself why she of all people had volunteered to help out in the kitchen. She didn't cook. She didn't even know where to begin. She sure hoped Ms Morgaine had some sort of idea as to how to go about preparing this meal, otherwise they'd be doomed.

When she approached the kitchen, she saw Ms. Morgaine wearing her usual apron and bent over what looked to be a very large, old cookbook.

That had to be a good sign.

"Ms. Morgiane, a pleasure to see you again. Do you have any ideas as to what we should put together?"

Naira tried her best to mask the nervous smile on her face but she was having a hard enough time trying to decide what she should be doing with her hands at that moment. Should she fold them in front of her chest? Tuck them behind her back? Cup them together?

She edged in closer to the other woman and attempted to lean over the counter to get a better look at the book.

If nothing else, this would be an interesting experience. She just hoped it didn't end with food poisoning and an admiral in sickbay. 

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Ezac on January 07, 2018, 05:09:00 PM

[Deck 4 - Main Security - Lieutenant Commander Brighton's Office]

"I can assure you that I will work relentlessly to earn your choosing me first," Ezac replied. He knew that his records were available to anyone that was inclined to read them, but he still felt honored that he was chosen to complete tasks that would temporarily be outside of the realm of Brighton's duties.

Sensing the end of the reason for meeting, Ezac rose slowly from his seat and stood tall. "If there is nothing further, Lieutenant Commander, then I would like to make myself available to our crewmen."

[Deck 4 - Commander Brighton's Office]

His gratitude at being her first choice was obvious to Katheryn and again knew she had made the right decision to make Ezac essentially her Deputy whilst she was pregnant and perhaps it would become a permanent thing once she had given birth and returned to full duties. " I have no doubt that you will Petty Officer " she replied politely as he then got to his feet and stood up.

With the meeting over she saw no reason to keep him further so when he asked if there was anything else as he would like to make himself available to the crewmen, she smiled before answering. " There isn't Mr Ezac, I will join you a little later once I've dealt with these reports".

Academy Commandant

Ezac

Quote from: Katheryn Brighton on January 08, 2018, 04:55:11 AM

His gratitude at being her first choice was obvious to Katheryn and again knew she had made the right decision to make Ezac essentially her Deputy whilst she was pregnant and perhaps it would become a permanent thing once she had given birth and returned to full duties. " I have no doubt that you will Petty Officer " she replied politely as he then got to his feet and stood up.

With the meeting over she saw no reason to keep him further so when he asked if there was anything else as he would like to make himself available to the crewmen, she smiled before answering. " There isn't Mr Ezac, I will join you a little later once I've dealt with these reports".

"Thank you and good day," Ezac said as he saluted quickly and performed an about-face. He hadn't been aboard the Athena very long; otherwise he might have already visited the Armory. Not only did he like to ensure that personal arms were ready and available for all of the crew, but he enjoyed looking to see if he was interested in issuing himself any of the specialty weapons that are sometimes available.

He walked quickly through Main Security and made his way into a vacant turbolift. As the doors shut behind him, he turned around. "Armory."

Never turn your back on a Breen.

Ozu Saya

Quote from: Jules Bash on January 07, 2018, 11:29:54 PM

Jules was distracted momentarily by a jostling movement. His eyes looked down to notice that she was playing with her earring. He smirked for a second, thinking that even the Vulcan engineers had to fidget.

"With the older technology, just have the sensor attachments. Can monitor readings through most casings, and still work as a secondary monitor. Proximity will be an issue. I think we will either need to create a master console for this program, or designate one program or sensor attachment on each away mission as the "parent" piece, designed to monitor long range alarm transmissions. Have this program added to each shuttlecraft, since those are what run most of our planet to ship comms. For those where we are leaving equipment, just work the program onto the comm station, which should be broadcasting to a geo-synch probe. Have it on all other pieces of equipment, and alarm monitoring should be fine, and even double checking itself."

Jules eyebrows furrowed together in a look of brief concentration.

"There was another problem I thought of... No... No, I lost it. Biggest thing would be creating the, OH!"

Jules sat forward, a look of concentration on his face.

"When we build this program, we have to change it for each device it's monitoring. What would set off a power alarm in one piece of equipment, wouldn't be a problem in another."

Jules grinned at the floor, excited that he had caught his thought again. He leaned back in the chair, and savored the feeling for a second. It was something that as he thought of it afterward, should have been obvious, and therefore didn't need to be spoken. But the way he got distracted these days, it was a great feeling to actually be able to come full circle on a thought he thought he had lost.

I think...perhaps we can still build one program, but on the back side set code for each different device. We must also take into account away teams that use the transporter. Perhaps we can load the program into all of the tricorders? Every away team carries tricorders, except under the most exceptional circumstances, so we can be reasonably certain that there will be at least one through which the program can be run.

Between shuttlecraft and tricorders, we should be able to cover all of the equipment carried to a planet. We can also add it to portable comm units and other large pieces that aren't used as often, but would add another layer to the web.

Saya was pleased that they seemed to be thinking along the same lines and able to build upon one another's ideas. It meant they would probably work well together in the future.

She couldn't think of any other issues. If you are agreeable, perhaps we should move forward with a simulated program? It seems we have a good base to begin with and there should be enough leeway to tweak the program as we go if we come across other problems.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Naira on January 08, 2018, 01:54:33 AM

[Mess Hall]

Naira exited the turbolift and walked quickly down the short corridor to the Mess Hall. As she walked, she questioned herself why she of all people had volunteered to help out in the kitchen. She didn't cook. She didn't even know where to begin. She sure hoped Ms Morgaine had some sort of idea as to how to go about preparing this meal, otherwise they'd be doomed.

When she approached the kitchen, she saw Ms. Morgaine wearing her usual apron and bent over what looked to be a very large, old cookbook.

That had to be a good sign.

"Ms. Morgiane, a pleasure to see you again. Do you have any ideas as to what we should put together?"

Naira tried her best to mask the nervous smile on her face but she was having a hard enough time trying to decide what she should be doing with her hands at that moment. Should she fold them in front of her chest? Tuck them behind her back? Cup them together?

She edged in closer to the other woman and attempted to lean over the counter to get a better look at the book.

If nothing else, this would be an interesting experience. She just hoped it didn't end with food poisoning and an admiral in sickbay.

[Mess Hall]

Ash looked over her shoulder and offered the Commander a warm smile before turning back to the cookbook. "Hello, Naira! I've got a few ideas... But no idea what the Admiral would like." Ash moved the cookbook a little so that Naira could see the beautiful color photographs on the pages. "This one here is more of a classic option - almost Á¢â,¬Ëœcomfort food.' One of the Athena's old Commanders really loved it."

She flipped a few pages to where a spoon marked another place in the cookbook. "This one on the other hand is a little more elegant. Constance had me prepare it a couple times for visiting officials. It would just take a bit of time to prepare is all..." Ash scanned the page quickly before continuing, "But still totally doable. We've a little time to spare and all of the ingredients. I think."

"Or if we want something a little fun and on the exotic side..." Ash turned a few more pages to a fresh dish involving an assortment of greens, seeds, and small pieces unidentifiable fruit, then said, "I've made this one for Captain Carter before, and it turned out really well. So if we wanted a healthier option, this would probably work..."

Ash ran through a couple more options with the Commander then eventually closed the book, folded her arms across her chest, and leaned against the counter, rolling up her sleeves as she turned to face Naira again. "So. What option do you think would best fit the Admiral? I've never met him, so I can't really make a guess about what would be a good match... If you pick out the recipe, I'll gather the ingredients, then we can get started making it - or I can, if you don't want to help." Ash smiled encouragingly at Naira as she finished rolling up her second sleeve and started attempting to tie back her hair. She didn't want to pressure her into anything, but it would be an easier job with an extra set of hands, and Ash had been somewhat lonely on the Athena since her best friend, Catrin, had left the ship. Thinking about her cookie buddy lead Ash to suddenly remember the most important part of the meal, and she belatedly added, "Don't worry about dessert or drinks. I've got that bit handled," as an afterthought.

Naira

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on January 09, 2018, 12:06:08 AM

[Mess Hall]

Ash looked over her shoulder and offered the Commander a warm smile before turning back to the cookbook. "Hello, Naira! I've got a few ideas... But no idea what the Admiral would like." Ash moved the cookbook a little so that Naira could see the beautiful color photographs on the pages. "This one here is more of a classic option - almost Á¢â,¬Ëœcomfort food.' One of the Athena's old Commanders really loved it."

She flipped a few pages to where a spoon marked another place in the cookbook. "This one on the other hand is a little more elegant. Constance had me prepare it a couple times for visiting officials. It would just take a bit of time to prepare is all..." Ash scanned the page quickly before continuing, "But still totally doable. We've a little time to spare and all of the ingredients. I think."

"Or if we want something a little fun and on the exotic side..." Ash turned a few more pages to a fresh dish involving an assortment of greens, seeds, and small pieces unidentifiable fruit, then said, "I've made this one for Captain Carter before, and it turned out really well. So if we wanted a healthier option, this would probably work..."

Ash ran through a couple more options with the Commander then eventually closed the book, folded her arms across her chest, and leaned against the counter, rolling up her sleeves as she turned to face Naira again. "So. What option do you think would best fit the Admiral? I've never met him, so I can't really make a guess about what would be a good match... If you pick out the recipe, I'll gather the ingredients, then we can get started making it - or I can, if you don't want to help." Ash smiled encouragingly at Naira as she finished rolling up her second sleeve and started attempting to tie back her hair. She didn't want to pressure her into anything, but it would be an easier job with an extra set of hands, and Ash had been somewhat lonely on the Athena since her best friend, Catrin, had left the ship. Thinking about her cookie buddy lead Ash to suddenly remember the most important part of the meal, and she belatedly added, "Don't worry about dessert or drinks. I've got that bit handled," as an afterthought.

[Mess Hall]

Naira was glad that it seemed as if at least one of them had some idea as to what they were doing. She could preform surgery in the dark while the ship was under attack, but left to her own devices in a kitchen and Naira would be lost.

"Truthfully, I've only met the admiral once, briefly, at a commencement ceremony with hundreds of people in attendance. I don't have the slightest idea what he may like to eat."

Even then, at that time she had been more focused on how many drinks her date had managed to consume in a short amount of time and how she had been concerned over how she was going to have to carry the other woman back to her quarters to sober her up and let her sleep off a hangover.

In the present, she glanced over the pictures Ms Morgaine pointed out in the cookbook as she flipped through the pages. All of them sounded like they could work, except maybe that last one.

"He is a Vulcan and I've heard they tend to eat rather bland foods. Also, many of them avoid animal products. Maybe we can try a soup? Or a salad? Or maybe you could adapt one of my recipes to work?"

She didn't know how to be helpful in this situation or what she should suggest.

"Maybe it would be best if you were to decide. What do you think we should serve?"

[VIP Quarters]

While Naniid set to the task of arranging decorative pieces on the tabletop and desk within the room, her two younger sisters giggled and chased each other through the room with oversized pillows.

Thwap.

"Got you," Lurels squealed as she hit her older sister over the back and ran off as quickly as her little legs would carry her.

Aorua darted around the table, dodged her older sister and attempted to chase after the youngest.

"Hey, watch it you two!" Naniid hollered at the others. "You're going to break something."

Lurels paused in her tracks just long enough to listen to the scolding that Aorua was able to catch her and smack her with a pillow, sending a cloud of feathers flying.

"Hey no fair," the little one pouted. Aorua responded by sticking out her tongue.

"If you're finished, can you two come help me out?" Naniid was the oldest only by a few years but she had taken on an almost motherly role with the younger two. After having been taken from her home, it had felt natural to her to cling to the other children, to protect them. She had matured quickly for her age and to some degree she had forgotten what it was like to be a child herself.

"Why don't you go make the bed while I finish arranging the plants on the table." She directed the middle child.

"I'm going to go put the pretty ladies near the bed, I like to look at them when I go to bed," Lurels said as she grabbed a couple of green cravings and rushed off towards the bedroom.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Ezac on January 08, 2018, 10:09:45 PM

"Thank you and good day," Ezac said as he saluted quickly and performed an about-face. He hadn't been aboard the Athena very long; otherwise he might have already visited the Armory. Not only did he like to ensure that personal arms were ready and available for all of the crew, but he enjoyed looking to see if he was interested in issuing himself any of the specialty weapons that are sometimes available.

He walked quickly through Main Security and made his way into a vacant turbolift. As the doors shut behind him, he turned around. "Armory."

" Good Day Mr Ezac" Katheryn replied before Ezac left her office and once the door had closed after him she sat back in her chair and took a moment glad that the meeting had gone well and now all she had to do was go through the reports before checking on any other tasks that needed her attention. Once that was done she would then take a walk around the ship something she liked to do to inspect key areas then make her way up to the Bridge.

But before that could happen, she looked across her desk seeing the small pile of PADDs, then decided to get another drink from the replicator. Setting the glass of juice down onto the desk, she picked up the first PADD and started to read it.

Academy Commandant

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Naira on January 09, 2018, 03:48:24 AM

[Mess Hall]

Naira was glad that it seemed as if at least one of them had some idea as to what they were doing. She could preform surgery in the dark while the ship was under attack, but left to her own devices in a kitchen and Naira would be lost.

"Truthfully, I've only met the admiral once, briefly, at a commencement ceremony with hundreds of people in attendance. I don't have the slightest idea what he may like to eat."

Even then, at that time she had been more focused on how many drinks her date had managed to consume in a short amount of time and how she had been concerned over how she was going to have to carry the other woman back to her quarters to sober her up and let her sleep off a hangover.

In the present, she glanced over the pictures Ms Morgaine pointed out in the cookbook as she flipped through the pages. All of them sounded like they could work, except maybe that last one.

"He is a Vulcan and I've heard they tend to eat rather bland foods. Also, many of them avoid animal products. Maybe we can try a soup? Or a salad? Or maybe you could adapt one of my recipes to work?"

She didn't know how to be helpful in this situation or what she should suggest.

"Maybe it would be best if you were to decide. What do you think we should serve?"

[Mess Hall]

Ash chewed her lip as Naira spoke, then glanced over the recipes she had selected once more. "Something on the blander side with no animal products?... Well... That essentially rules out all of these." She flicked the lid of the book closed, causing the pages the flutter briefly before they were hidden once more from sight. Ash closed her eyes in thought and tried to think of something that could meet those two requirements without ending up exceptionally boring.

Her eyelids had barely fluttered closed before they shot open again and Ash dove for the book, flipping to a section marked "Sauces." She quickly turned a few more pages, then backtracked a little, finally settling on a light white sauce with a hint of garlic. She pushed the book towards Naira, venturing, "How about a pasta with this sauce..." Ash trailed off as she moved to the cool room to check what fresh vegetables she had. Twenty seconds later, she popped out with a small bowl in her arms and finished, "With roasted cherry tomatoes and peas? Nothing too crazy in terms of taste, no animal products, but still pretty tasty. I think."

Ash made her way over to the shelves, gathering the rest of the ingredients she'd need with practiced efficiency. "Here," she said, passing the tomatoes to Naira and drawing a rather wicked looking knife, "You can start cutting the tomatoes in half."

Within an hour, the dish was nearly done, filling the kitchen with an enjoyable smell and leaving Ash feeling hungrier than before.

James Carter

[The Royal London Hospital - One Week Earlier]

James paced back and forth impatiently. The hallway was filled with ambient sounds, but suddenly added on top of that was the soft patting of shoes on the hard floors approaching from behind him. Carter immediately turned to look and see who was coming only to be met with the sight of an old friend, Tessa Warren, who had two cups of coffee, one for him and one for herself. "Have you heard anything from the doctors yet?" She asked softly.

"Nothing. Which probably worries me more than if they had told me something terrible. At least then I wouldn't have to wonder about what was going on you know?" James replied as he took his coffee.

Tessa quickly placed her now empty hand on the captain's shoulder before speaking again. "Hey, your dad's strong. I'm sure he'll be fine. Why don't you go back to your hotel room and get some rest? I'll stay here and wait to hear something." In truth, Warren was every bit as worried as James was. But she couldn't let that show to him.

"It can't be long. The docs said it would only be a few hours, I'd rather just wait here. Thank you though." He said looking over to the seats by the door. Before either of them could say another word James had taken a seat. "If you had told me a decade ago that I'd be worried about pops I'd have told you that you were mental ya'know? Now though...it's different."

Tessa silently took a seat next to James and let his words hang in the air for a few moments. "Yeah, I remember believe it or not. He's come a long way since I've known you." The two of them sat in silence for what felt like an eternity until one of the doctors slowly made her way over to them.

"I have good new. Your father should be fine. He'll need a few weeks to recover, but this time he'll survive." The doctor said warmly.

"This time? What does that mean?" Tessa asked before James even had the chance.

"Well...if he doesn't start laying off the alcohol he'll be back here again, and it'll be worse. We managed to push back the liver damage for now, maybe even next time. But we can't fight this forever." The doctor replied bluntly.

James nodded slightly before looking to the doctor. "He'll make the change. I'll make sure of that. Thank you doctor." He said coming back to a stand. "Can I see him?"

"Of course. Follow me." The doctor replied warmly. She quickly lead them down the hall and into James' father's room.

The first one to speak as they entered the room was Tessa though. "Hey Grant. You look pretty good for a man that almost died." She joked with a content smile on her face.

"You must have practiced that line with my son a hundred times." Grant said in an equally joking time.

"C'mon pops. Let's not over play it, it's more like 90." A grin appeared on James' face as he saw his father completely alert. "Have you talked with the doctors yet?" He asked cutting straight to the chase.

"I have. They tell me that this was because of alcohol. Sounds about right." Grant said frowning slightly. "I've probably needed to cut it out for some time anyways. This is just a more definite mandate I guess."

"Good. I'm glad we're all on the same page then." James jabbed back.

"Wait, aren't you the captain of some fancy starship? Shouldn't the two of you be out there discovering some new civilization or something?" Grant asked bluntly.

"We had to make sure you were okay Grant. Our duties can wait, we both have people who can do our jobs in the mean time." Warren replied.

"Well, now that you know I'm okay the two of you should get back out there and do your thing." Grant prodded.

"We'll leave in a couple days. But first we need to make sure you're going to be okay without us around pops." James added.

[USS Redtail - Present Day]

"We're approaching the Athena now Captain. I can hail them on your command." Tessa called out.

"Do it. Let's get home Sparks." The Captain said taking his seat next to her again.

=/\= USS Athena, this is Shuttle Redtail reporting back from shore leave. Are we cleared to dock? =/\= Warren asked politely.

Susan Venator

Quote from: James Carter on January 09, 2018, 02:17:18 PM

=/\= USS Athena, this is Shuttle Redtail reporting back from shore leave. Are we cleared to dock? =/\= Warren asked politely.

Bridge

Suzie was still sitting in the command chair when the call came through. She looked at the duty Ops officer and indicated that she would deal with it. She then opened the Channel.

=/\= Athena to Shuttle Redtail. Welcome back. You are cleared to dock in Shuttlebay One. =/\=

She then opened an internal com-channel.

=/\= Venator to Naira. The Captain's shuttle has just arrived. =/\=

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Naira

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on January 09, 2018, 01:55:07 PM

[Mess Hall]

Ash chewed her lip as Naira spoke, then glanced over the recipes she had selected once more. "Something on the blander side with no animal products?... Well... That essentially rules out all of these." She flicked the lid of the book closed, causing the pages the flutter briefly before they were hidden once more from sight. Ash closed her eyes in thought and tried to think of something that could meet those two requirements without ending up exceptionally boring.

Her eyelids had barely fluttered closed before they shot open again and Ash dove for the book, flipping to a section marked "Sauces." She quickly turned a few more pages, then backtracked a little, finally settling on a light white sauce with a hint of garlic. She pushed the book towards Naira, venturing, "How about a pasta with this sauce..." Ash trailed off as she moved to the cool room to check what fresh vegetables she had. Twenty seconds later, she popped out with a small bowl in her arms and finished, "With roasted cherry tomatoes and peas? Nothing too crazy in terms of taste, no animal products, but still pretty tasty. I think."

Ash made her way over to the shelves, gathering the rest of the ingredients she'd need with practiced efficiency. "Here," she said, passing the tomatoes to Naira and drawing a rather wicked looking knife, "You can start cutting the tomatoes in half."

Within an hour, the dish was nearly done, filling the kitchen with an enjoyable smell and leaving Ash feeling hungrier than before.

[Mess Hall]

Naira felt a little guilty when the Mess Hall Manager told her that she had to rule out all of her selected recipes. She didn't want to further complicate things or make this more difficult for the woman, but at the same time, it wasn't everyday that they had an admiral aboard and she wanted to do everything in her power to ensure that this visit was perfect in every imaginable way.

"If you think this new recipe will work, I think we should go with it."

Naira was not above delegating tasks to others when she thought they were better equipped to make the proper decisions.

When the bowl of tomatoes and and large knife was handed to her, Naira too, set about rolling up her sleeves and tying back her coils. It took a few moments for her to comfortably re-position the knife within the palm of her hand, the thing was heavier than it looked and nowhere near as sleek and precise as a laser scalpel, but she got the hang of it. She took her time slowly slicing into each tiny tomato as if preforming delicate surgery on the fruit, but eventually the bowl was emptied and then refilled with halved tomatoes.

"That wasn't so bad," She said as she admired her handy work.

If cooking were more like surgery she could maybe someday see herself being able to prepare something that didn't come out of a replicator.

"If you think you can take over from here, I'm going to check in with the rest of the preparations. There are a few more things I'd like to oversee before the admiral gets here."

Naira washed off her hands and returned the cutlery to the kitchen, thanking Ms Morgaine again for her hard work in the kitchen, then made straight for her office.

[XO's Office]

Once there, Naira quickly selected a handful of blooming specimens from her collection of exotic flowers and carnivorous plants, carefully placed them within a box and made a beeline for the VIP quarters.

[VIP Quarters]

Upon entering the room, Naira saw the remains of one her pillows scattered about the floor, the two youngest were curled up on the couch eating sweets they must have gotten from the replicator and the oldest was frantically trying to clean up pieces of a broken vase off the the floor.

"What went on in here?," Naira begun to ask as she took in the mess.

"They wouldn't listen," Naniid pointed at the younger two and started in on a long tale of how the room came to be in such a state.

Naira finally had to raise a hand to stop her, or she would have been stuck there for hours listening to the retelling of events. "I'm here now, why don't you help me straighten this place up and I will deal with the other two later."

The two of them picked up the feathers off the floor, stood all the chairs upright at the table, returned the broken pieces of vase to the replicator and made a new one to place on top of the dresser. Aorua offered to help arrange the flowers on the dinning table and Naira did a final sweep of the quarters to make sure that everything was in order.

That's when she noticed that the girls had decided to decorate the admiral's bedroom with a couple furs she had been given by Yoduk and a couple fertility figures she had bought on the Orion homeworld before knowing what they actually were. She was shocked and relieved that she had found them before the admiral. That would have been incredibly awkward and uncomfortable to explain.

"Girls," Naira called out to get their attention. "When I said we should make the room feel more like home, I didn't mean that we should make it into our home."

Quote from: Susan Venator on January 09, 2018, 02:28:05 PM

=/\= Venator to Naira. The Captain's shuttle has just arrived. =/\=

Tapping her comm badge, she responded. =/\= Thank you, Lieutenant. I will be there shortly. =/\=

Quickly, she gathered up the figures and furs into her arms and handed them off to her oldest.

"Can you please return these to our quarters where they belong?"

"Sorry mommy," her youngest said as she offered her a hug. "I thought the person staying here would like the pretty green ladies. I like to look and play with them."

"I know, and it's okay. I like them too, but let's just keep them in our quarters from now on." Naira offered the girl a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"Grandma said that's how you ended up with a baby inside you," Aorua added.

Naira had to hold back a chuckle, "That's a discussion for another time, but I need to go now. You head back to your studies and I will check in on you before bed."

[Shuttlebay One]

Leaving the room, Naira headed down the corridor and caught the next turbolift down to Shuttlebay One just in time to see the Redtail docking.

Jules Bash

Quote from: Ozu Saya on January 08, 2018, 10:39:18 PM

I think...perhaps we can still build one program, but on the back side set code for each different device. We must also take into account away teams that use the transporter. Perhaps we can load the program into all of the tricorders? Every away team carries tricorders, except under the most exceptional circumstances, so we can be reasonably certain that there will be at least one through which the program can be run.

Between shuttlecraft and tricorders, we should be able to cover all of the equipment carried to a planet. We can also add it to portable comm units and other large pieces that aren't used as often, but would add another layer to the web.

She couldn't think of any other issues. If you are agreeable, perhaps we should move forward with a simulated program? It seems we have a good base to begin with and there should be enough leeway to tweak the program as we go if we come across other problems.

[Holodeck]

Jules nodded.

"Personally, I think every transported away team should have a master comm device anyway, but that's besides the point. Running the web through the tricorders would be the most feasible option. And yes, lets go ahead and program it. "

He walked back up the main holodeck console, and began writing the environment simulation, essentially two console desks, and a cargo bay full of away team possible equipment, as available on the Athena.

James Carter

[Shuttlebay One]

Carter, already back in uniform, stepped out of the shuttle to be greeted by the sight of his first officer. "Commander. It's good to see that my absence didn't end with the ship in a million pieces." The Captain joked. "Is there anything pressing that needs my attention? I've been trying to stay up to date on all of the paperwork while away."

Jaron Man'dak

Quote from: Naira on January 05, 2018, 10:04:26 PM

Naira walked over to the flight officer on duty and handed him a padd with the admiral's coordinates on it.

"Here are our new coordinates if you can adjust our heading."

[Bridge]

Jaron took the PADD from Naira.

"Copy that ma'am." Jaron Said

He looked at the coordinates, then tapped a few buttons on the screen. Once the coordinates  were entered into the flight control computer, he wondered what will await the crew this go around. The Athena never seamed to have a dull moment for very long. Though Jaron would prefer it that way. He did always hate boring missions.

"At what speed shall I set for this voyage? Once the speed is determined we are ready to go ma'am." Jaron Said

Species: Romulan

ââ,¬ËœIhir ul hfihar rel ch'Rihan. Ihir ul Ortikant. Ihir dren v'talla'tor, plek Rihannsu r'talla'tor."

Susan Venator

Quote from: Jaron Man'dak on January 10, 2018, 02:48:22 PM

Jaron took the PADD from Naira.

"Copy that ma'am." Jaron Said

He looked at the coordinates, then tapped a few buttons on the screen. Once the coordinates  were entered into the flight control computer, he wondered what will await the crew this go around. The Athena never seamed to have a dull moment for very long. Though Jaron would prefer it that way. He did always hate boring missions.

"At what speed shall I set for this voyage? Once the speed is determined we are ready to go ma'am." Jaron Said

Bridge

Suzie heard the request and thought about it for a second.

"Engage at Warp 6 Mr Man'dak." She ordered, knowing that that would get them there in plenty of time.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.