Author Topic: S1E9 The Bright Side of Life  (Read 44487 times)

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1E9 The Bright Side of Life
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2018, 02:32:16 pm »
Deck 8 - The lounge

Bonnie led the way from her newly established lab in the basement of the ship; it took them a short amount of time to make it up to deck 8, the turbolift made the journey nice and quick. Once they'd arrived, Bonnie led the way into the room and quickly got a coffee from the replicator before making her way over to a table with Rhymus.

Bonnie sat down opposite coffee and placed the coffee down on the table in front of her. She rested her hands on the hot plastic cup and got comfortable before Rhymus begun to speak. "I've heard nothing from anyone about this mission other than the fact that we're patrolling the border. I go to my shift and little happens, we just get the same scan results every time and yet we repeat them anyway." She shrugged. "I guess it's just one of those missions for science, we have little to do and just let everyone else do their thing." Bonnie paused for a moment and sipped some of her coffee. The coffee tasted better than it usually did, the temperature was perfect and the coffee tasted different, better than it usually did. She wondered if they'd done some work on the replicator. Bonnie looked back up to Rhymus after taking a sip and smiled. "I've spent most of my time doing paperwork and getting up to date with everything. It seemed that the last chief had left it in quite the mess. I'm finally getting the department back to some form of order." She finished.

[Deck 8 - Lounge]

"Sounds about the same to my own duties. There is little else to do besides paperwork this mission. Perhaps there are those on the ship who enjoy the peace and quiet. Of course, if you were looking for peace and quiet you shouldn't have tagged onto a starship." The man offered a lighthearted smirk.

The Duty Officer frowned, and tapped their chest. =/\= Bridge to Captain and XO. Please report to the Bridge. Yellow Alert. =/\=

Rhymus looked up as the ship went on Yellow Alert.

"So much for lunch. Me and my big mouth... I suppose we'll have to reschedule, Doctor. Hopefully sooner rather than later."

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Family - where life begins and love never ends
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2018, 02:44:21 pm »
[Deck 8 - Lounge]

Liv had moved back behind the corner to fill the orders for Rayek and Lizzie, starting with the spiced chai tea, followed by Lizzie's jug of peach iced tea with ice, Alys's watered down apple juice and finally the selection of biscuits. Placing them all onto a tray she carried them out carefully just as the ship went to yellow alert.

"So much for a routine patrol"she thought but knew that the crew were in safe hands and hoped whatever it was could be resolved quickly especially after the last couple of missions and what the crew had been through.

Going over to the table she placed Rayek's tea down first then Lizzie's order on her table " There we go and just let me know if you need anything else although hopefully you won't all have to rush off straightaway but if you do especially you Lizzie, I don't mind watching Alys as Jeessa will be here soon with Elijah".

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2018, 03:59:53 pm »
[Deck 8 - Lounge]

Liv had moved back behind the corner to fill the orders for Rayek and Lizzie, starting with the spiced chai tea, followed by Lizzie's jug of peach iced tea with ice, Alys's watered down apple juice and finally the selection of biscuits. Placing them all onto a tray she carried them out carefully just as the ship went to yellow alert.

"So much for a routine patrol"she thought but knew that the crew were in safe hands and hoped whatever it was could be resolved quickly especially after the last couple of missions and what the crew had been through.

Going over to the table she placed Rayek's tea down first then Lizzie's order on her table " There we go and just let me know if you need anything else although hopefully you won't all have to rush off straightaway but if you do especially you Lizzie, I don't mind watching Alys as Jeessa will be here soon with Elijah".

Lounge

Lizzie shook her head at Liv's question.

"I'll check in with Sickbay so they know where I am but unless the situation changes or I am summoned by the Captain, there is no need for me to rush anywhere." She replied. "However, that being said. If I do have to leave in a hurry, I will take you up on your offer and leave Alys with you. I'll get Alex to come and collect her of course but there may not be time for me to get back to my quarters and wait for Alex to arrive."  She added as she took a drink and handed the bottle of juice to Alys who immediately began to drink.

Once her daughter was settled, Lizzie tapped her com-badge.

=/\= Vaughan to Sickbay. Just to inform you that I am in the lounge on deck 8 if I am needed. =/\=

=/\= Sickbay to Vaughan. Understood Doctor. We'll call if we need you. Sickbay out! =/\= The voice of the duty nurse came through.

Lizzie gave a smile as she picked up a Garibaldi and began to munch.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2018, 04:25:33 pm »
P.O. Rayek
[Lounge] (prior to yellow alert)

Lounge

Lizzie turned back to Rayek.

"Oh I doubt you'd break her." She replied. "All you have to do is let her sit on your lap and keep hold of her." She paused. "You don't have to if you are uncomfortable with it, I just thought I would offer." She finished.

Rayek regarded the infant a moment before he nodded. He was uncomfortable with the idea, but was reluctant to turn down the doctors offer.  He shifted his chair back away from the table to make room for the child and held open his hands in invitation.  He did this rather than taking the child from her in case mother instincts kicked in and she changed her mind about her offer.

While he set himself up he listened to Lek's rebuttal. 

[Crew Lounge]

Lek sighed heavily and looked extremely disappointed.

"Now you are just getting defensive. Maladaptive, at least as how Counselor Maddux explained it to me, is, an adaptation that is harmful. It doesn't mean it doesn't work, it just doesn't benefit the individual. A common example is when someone is attempted to avoid or cope with a trauma of some sort, they choose some sort of substance to bury that thing that bothers them rather than deal with the issue.

"From what I am hearing, your desire for 'knowledge is power' is not to learn, not to better society, and not to become a better person. It is only for your own self-aggrandizement. You want to have power over others, that rarely ends well, especially if your goal is blackmail.

"If you continue on this path, you will never break out of your own causality loop of Einstein's definition of insanity. You left the Romulan empire for a reason, no different than I left Feringinar. The difference I see between us is, you brought your empire with you and I did not bring the Ferengi Alliance with me.

"Ultimately, the choices you make are your own, but if this is the path you seek, you will perforce have to walk it alone as even as another outcast, I find no merit in having power over the others in the crew, regardless of how they may treat me. I would hope you would reconsider your current choice, but the most amazing thing about choices, is that there are an infinite number of them and you can change them. I cannot wish you luck on your quest for revenge, but I can wish you luck on finding peace."

"One thing I have learned about those in the service industry is they rarely get thanked enough for what they do, and I do thank you for making the effort. I must however, bid you all good afternoon as I must return to engineering. Good day."

The fact that Lek chose to take his leave then told Rayek that the conversation was over according to the Ferengi.  A shame -Rayek had been enjoying their discussion. Rayek inclined his head as a farewell to the engineer.  But the man didn't go far before a side conversation caught the Ferengi's attention.

Lounge

Lizzie nodded.

"Thanks Liv." She replied before taking Alys' favourite purple teddy out of the bag and handing it to the little girl to try and get her to sit still.

She then turned so she ws facing both Lek and Rayek.

"Anyone else think that this sip is on it's last legs?" She asked. "We're patrolling the border with Tholian space. Nothing ever happens. From what I've heard it's a death sentence for a Starship. This patrol is usually given to ships that are about to be scraped or Mothballed." She added, keenly looking at the two men.

[Crew Lounge]

Lek's remarkable hearing caused him to stop in his tracks and return to talk to the doctor.

"This is an old ship, but she's still got useful service left in her Doctor. Not unlike an elderly patient, just because she is old, does not mean she serves no purpose. The Tholian border has to be patrolled, no reason why the Challenger can't be the one to do it."

Rayek nodded his agreement to the engineers words.  Though the doctors words did bear looking into later.

[Bridge]

A comms message cut through the relative dullness and quiet of the Bridge. An urgent call... from Tholian space. Being on a distress frequency, it was immediately played on the speakers, being filtered through the Universal Translator.

=/\= This is the Tholian Colony Estrene. We are requesting Assistance. Please respond. =/\=

The Duty Officer frowned, and tapped their chest. =/\= Bridge to Captain and XO. Please report to the Bridge. Yellow Alert. =/\=

Rayek glanced up at the Yellow Alert and watched as Cleroux immediately responded.  Rayek, being off shift currently, had time. He knew where he had to be should the ship upgrade to Red alert. 

[Deck 8 - Lounge]

He nodded his head in thanks for the drink and looked to the doctor half expecting her to have to leave, but like himself she wasn't in duty at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:39:22 pm by Rayek trLhoell »

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Family - where life begins and love never ends
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2018, 04:48:19 pm »
Lounge

Lizzie shook her head at Liv's question.

"I'll check in with Sickbay so they know where I am but unless the situation changes or I am summoned by the Captain, there is no need for me to rush anywhere." She replied. "However, that being said. If I do have to leave in a hurry, I will take you up on your offer and leave Alys with you. I'll get Alex to come and collect her of course but there may not be time for me to get back to my quarters and wait for Alex to arrive."  She added as she took a drink and handed the bottle of juice to Alys who immediately began to drink.

Once her daughter was settled, Lizzie tapped her com-badge.

=/\= Vaughan to Sickbay. Just to inform you that I am in the lounge on deck 8 if I am needed. =/\=

=/\= Sickbay to Vaughan. Understood Doctor. We'll call if we need you. Sickbay out! =/\= The voice of the duty nurse came through.

Lizzie gave a smile as she picked up a Garibaldi and began to munch.

P.O. Rayek
He nodded his head in thanks for the drink and looked to the doctor half expecting her to have to leave, but like himself she wasn't in duty at the moment.

[Deck 8 - Lounge]

Liv smiled when Rayek nodded his thanks for the drink before Lizzie spoke to her and told her that she would take her up on her offer if she needed to leave and would have Alex come and collect her. Waiting until she had contacted Sickbay before speaking. " Anytime Lizzie as I understand what it can be like in an emergency and I'll happily watch her here until Alex comes to collect her and I'm sure Elijah will be happy to see his friend " she replied picking up the empty tray.

"When Jeessa does get here for her scheduled shift, I'll join you if nothing else happens " she said " But until then I'll be behind the bar" she added before getting ready to move.

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2018, 05:01:39 pm »
[Deck 8 - Lounge]

"Sounds about the same to my own duties. There is little else to do besides paperwork this mission. Perhaps there are those on the ship who enjoy the peace and quiet. Of course, if you were looking for peace and quiet you shouldn't have tagged onto a starship." The man offered a lighthearted smirk.

Rhymus looked up as the ship went on Yellow Alert.

"So much for lunch. Me and my big mouth... I suppose we'll have to reschedule, Doctor. Hopefully sooner rather than later."

Deck 8 - Lounge

Bonnie nodded and smiled. "You can get enough peace and quiet if you go to your quarters. I have a PADD with a massive library of books to read and if not that, the old movie directory." She paused for a moment and took a sip of her coffee. "I think there's plenty to do, and the social aspect is nice as well."

Bonnie frowned as the yellow alert was sounded. She let out a small sigh and stood up. Bonnie picked up the coffee and downed the rest of the contents.

"Duty calls, we can reschedule at some point. I'll send you a time." Bonnie offered the man a smile and a small wave, she turned towards the door and made her way for the bridge.

Bridge

Bonnie arrived on the bridge shortly after leaving Rhymus to get to his station. She walked over to the science console and smiled at the ensign seated by the console. "What happened, Taylor?" Bonnie asked, the young woman turned and smiled. "A Tholian colony has called for assistance." Bonnie raised an eyebrow, there was a ship shadowing them. Couldn't that go and give help? She shrugged and took the seat which Taylor offered her, Taylor took the second console.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2018, 05:26:20 pm »
P.O. Rayek
[Lounge] (prior to yellow alert)

Rayek regarded the infant a moment before he nodded. He was uncomfortable with the idea, but was reluctant to turn down the doctors offer.  He shifted his chair back away from the table to make room for the child and held open his hands in invitation.  He did this rather than taking the child from her in case mother instincts kicked in and she changed her mind about her offer.

While he set himself up he listened to Lek's rebuttal. 

The fact that Lek chose to take his leave then told Rayek that the conversation was over according to the Ferengi.  A shame -Rayek had been enjoying their discussion. Rayek inclined his head as a farewell to the engineer.  But the man didn't go far before a side conversation caught the Ferengi's attention.

Rayek nodded his agreement to the engineers words.  Though the doctors words did bear looking into later.

Rayek glanced up at the Yellow Alert and watched as Cleroux immediately responded.  Rayek, being off shift currently, had time. He knew where he had to be should the ship upgrade to Red alert. 

Lounge

Lizzie smiled and stood up carefully. She then gently placed her Daughter in Rayek's arms.

"Just make sure the bottle stays in her mouth and she'll be quiet as a mouse." She said.

Alys meanwhile was looking at Rayek with wide open eyes as she drank her juice.

[Deck 8 - Lounge]

Liv smiled when Rayek nodded his thanks for the drink before Lizzie spoke to her and told her that she would take her up on her offer if she needed to leave and would have Alex come and collect her. Waiting until she had contacted Sickbay before speaking. " Anytime Lizzie as I understand what it can be like in an emergency and I'll happily watch her here until Alex comes to collect her and I'm sure Elijah will be happy to see his friend " she replied picking up the empty tray.

"When Jeessa does get here for her scheduled shift, I'll join you if nothing else happens " she said " But until then I'll be behind the bar" she added before getting ready to move.

"We'll be fine here for the moment." She replied as she settled back in her chair, taking another sip of her drink and taking a digestive from the plate.

In Memorium.

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2018, 07:18:03 pm »

[Engineering]

The yellow alert surprised Lek, but that didn't stop him from immediately shutting down his shield improvement program and starting the active shield monitoring sub-routine.

"I guess our antique serves a purpose after all. I wonder what could be going on that has us at yellow alert?"

Lek didn't bother asking Lieutenant Erix because he knew the Betazoid wouldn't tell him even if he knew as he still hadn't forgiven him for ejecting the warp core without his permission.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 01:13:31 pm by Lek »
Alt of Ian Galloway

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2018, 08:56:10 pm »
=/\= Bridge to Captain and XO. Please report to the Bridge. Yellow Alert. =/\=

Kyle had just stepped into the CO's Ready Room to grab a cup of coffee. He hadn't been gone sixty seconds. What the hell could possibly have happened in sixty seconds? he thought. He grabbed his cup and stepped back out onto the Bridge.

"Report." he called.

"Sir. We're receiving a distress signal."

"Let's hear it." Kyle ordered.

"This is the Tholian Colony Estrene. We are requesting Assistance. Please respond."

"This is Commander Kyle Briggs of the Federation starship, USS Challenger. How can we assist you?" he asked.

"This is Ambassador Veliveene. We are currently experiencing issues involving our sun. Our scientist tell us that the sun is on the verge of exploding. I'm not a scientist myself so I don't understand it all. Perhaps they can explain it to you themselves."

"Hold on a moment, Ambassador." Kyle began. "I'm not a scientist either. Give me a moment to get our head of the department. In the mean time, we'll change course to head your way."

He nodded toward the helm to change course as he turned to the Doctor Moors at the rear of the Bridge. "Doctor Moors? You wanna step up here and listen in a little closer?" he asked.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:00:10 pm by Kyle Briggs »

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2018, 09:16:17 pm »
Kyle had just stepped into the CO's Ready Room to grab a cup of coffee. He hadn't been gone sixty seconds. What the hell could possibly have happened in sixty seconds? he thought. He grabbed his cup and stepped back out onto the Bridge.

"Report." he called.

"Sir. We're receiving a distress signal."

"Let's hear it." Kyle ordered.

"This is the Tholian Colony Estrene. We are requesting Assistance. Please respond."

"This is Commander Kyle Briggs of the Federation starship, USS Challenger. How can we assist you?" he asked.

"This is Ambassador Veliveene. We are currently experiencing issues involving our sun. Our scientist tell us that the sun is on the verge of exploding. I'm not a scientist myself so I don't understand it all. Perhaps they can explain it to you themselves."

"Hold on a moment, Ambassador." Kyle began. "I'm not a scientist either. Give me a moment to get our head of the department. In the mean time, we'll change course to head your way."

He nodded toward the helm to change course as he turned to the Doctor Moors at the rear of the Bridge. "Doctor Moors? You wanna step up here and listen in a little closer?" he asked.

Bridge

Bonnie had been sat silently on the bridge listening to the chatter between the XO and the ambassador when she was called by the commander. She stood up and looked towards Taylor, motioning her to take the main console and then making her way towards the commander. She nodded towards the commander and smiled, making sure she was given the ok to speak. Once he nodded back, she looked towards the view screen.

"Ambassador, my name is Doctor Bonnie Moors, I am the head of science aboard the ship. Would you like to tell us more about the situation and we'll see what we can do." She finished.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:17:26 pm by Bonnie Moors »

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2018, 09:06:49 pm »
PO Rayek
[Lounge]

Lounge

Lizzie smiled and stood up carefully. She then gently placed her Daughter in Rayek's arms.

"Just make sure the bottle stays in her mouth and she'll be quiet as a mouse." She said.

Alys meanwhile was looking at Rayek with wide open eyes as she drank her juice.

"We'll be fine here for the moment." She replied as she settled back in her chair, taking another sip of her drink and taking a digestive from the plate.

Rayek gingerly accepted the child from the doctor, holding her awkwardly at first. He looked down at the contented babe as it drank its juice, and found himself resettling her into a more comfortable position in the crook of one arm so that he had one hand free. Alys ‘s tiny hand flailed and he immediately moved his hand to hers and she gripped at one of his fingers.

The movement brought to mind the day his father and mother first brought home his younger sister.  She used to grip his finger like that too. Rayek smiled somewhat sadly at the thought of his now dead sister, no doubt killed in the destruction of his home world.

he commented to call attention away from his awed silence.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2018, 09:37:14 pm »
PO Rayek
[Lounge]

Rayek gingerly accepted the child from the doctor, holding her awkwardly at first. He looked down at the contented babe as it drank its juice, and found himself resettling her into a more comfortable position in the crook of one arm so that he had one hand free. Alys ‘s tiny hand flailed and he immediately moved his hand to hers and she gripped at one of his fingers.

The movement brought to mind the day his father and mother first brought home his younger sister.  She used to grip his finger like that too. Rayek smiled somewhat sadly at the thought of his now dead sister, no doubt killed in the destruction of his home world.

he commented to call attention away from his awed silence.

Lounge

Lizzie nodded in agreement.

"That she has." She replied. "I think she finds it soothing to be able to hold onto someone's finger. She does it ever time she sits on anyone's lap." She added.

She looked at Rayek and how he was naturally holding her Daughter. It peaked her curiosity.

"Do you have any children Mr Rayek?" She asked. "It's just the way your holding her tells me this is not your first time holding a small child." She continued.

In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2018, 10:26:42 pm »
PO2 Rayek
[Lounge]

Lounge

Lizzie nodded in agreement.

"That she has." She replied. "I think she finds it soothing to be able to hold onto someone's finger. She does it ever time she sits on anyone's lap." She added.

She looked at Rayek and how he was naturally holding her Daughter. It peaked her curiosity.

"Do you have any children Mr Rayek?" She asked. "It's just the way your holding her tells me this is not your first time holding a small child." She continued.

Rayek was pleased that his distraction seemed to work until Dr. Vaughan popped her question. Children?! Him?! The notion of it was both foreign and comical to him, yet oddly hit the a sensitive mark when it came to his overall plans. 

He shook his head as he looked up from Alys to regard Dr. Vaughan.  "No.  But I remember holding my infant siblings when I was a young boy.".

Rayek seemed distant, reminiscing as he held Alys. "I didn't get to be with them much when they were this age since I was sent to boarding school not long after Kemala was brought home. But I got to see them during holidays - maybe that is why.  Though to be honest, I cared little for them as a child, despite my fathers urgings that as eldest I would need to be responsible for them." 

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2018, 10:31:38 pm »
PO2 Rayek
[Lounge]

Rayek was pleased that his distraction seemed to work until Dr. Vaughan popped her question. Children?! Him?! The notion of it was both foreign and comical to him, yet oddly hit the a sensitive mark when it came to his overall plans. 

He shook his head as he looked up from Alys to regard Dr. Vaughan.  "No.  But I remember holding my infant siblings when I was a young boy.".

Rayek seemed distant, reminiscing as he held Alys. "I didn't get to be with them much when they were this age since I was sent to boarding school not long after Kemala was brought home. But I got to see them during holidays - maybe that is why.  Though to be honest, I cared little for them as a child, despite my fathers urgings that as eldest I would need to be responsible for them."

Lounge

Lizzie nodded again in understanding.

"I remember what that was like. I was 9 when my youngest Brother was born and I have cousins who are even younger. Now I see where you got your skills from. Even though you have not done it it many years, you still remembered how." She replied, finishing off her glass and re-filling it from the jug.

She took another biscuit and, remembering her manners held it out,

"Would you like one?" She asked.

In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2018, 11:04:09 pm »
PO2 Rayek
[Lounge]

Lounge

Lizzie nodded again in understanding.

"I remember what that was like. I was 9 when my youngest Brother was born and I have cousins who are even younger. Now I see where you got your skills from. Even though you have not done it it many years, you still remembered how." She replied, finishing off her glass and re-filling it from the jug.

She took another biscuit and, remembering her manners held it out,

"Would you like one?" She asked.

As Dr. Vaughan described her own experience, Rayek reached out to pick up his chai tea and took a sip, careful so as not to spill any on the child in his care, before setting it back on the table out of reach. 

Rayek seemed almost as surprised by her offer of the cookie as he was of her offer to hold the baby.  "Thank you," he accepted the circular disc of food with his free hand and testingly took a small bite. He found the flavor somewhat bland compared to the bold spiciness most Romulan foods had but what flavor was there was sweet, and it dissolved easily in the mouth. "What is it?"

Then to continue the more personal conversation, Rayek delved deeper, "You mentioned your younger brother, but do you not have several siblings which are younger?  I recall at least 3 or 4 when researching you. You like me, are eldest are you not?"

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles