S1E9 The Bright Side of Life

Started by Dylan Torngate, December 31, 2017, 12:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on January 17, 2018, 11:51:40 PM

=/\= Vaughan to all hands! We are evacuating the Stardrive section except for Engineering personnel and those making preparations for our visitors. All other personnel are to report to The Lounge where arrangements will be made for your temporary accommodation. If you have any queries, please contact me directly. =/\=

[Deck 2 - Briggs' Quarters]

Liv was sat on the sofa looking through some information regarding further learning courses after Elijah had finally gone down for his nap and was considering talking to Kyle about it later when the ship wide hail came through from Lizzie. She didn't know why the Stardrive was being evacuated but with everyone being directed to the Lounge to receive their temporary living arrangements then she wanted to help in any way she could even if it was handing out beverages and snacks whilst people waited.

With Jeessa already there Liv saw no point in having her leave it unattended until she could get down there so called Alex to see if she could watch Elijah. Alex agreed saying she would love to have him so after thanking her, Liv went into his room and quietly picked him up thinking that once he woke up he would enjoy seeing his friend Alys. Then she left their quarters, dropping Elijah off with Alex then took the lift again down to Deck 8.

[Deck 8 - Lounge]

Liv walked in to see Jeessa already busy at the counter as displaced crewmembers began to trickle in so  she went over to help her until everyone arrived.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Lek on January 18, 2018, 09:56:23 AM

[Engineering]

Lieutenant Erix
Erix rolled his eyes and sighed at the captain's two requests, then tapped his commbadge.

=/\= "Sir, the force fields around cargo bay three and four are ready, but the nearest shuttle facility is on deck 14 and will be of no assistance on venting heat. We can set up heat exchangers on decks 17 and 18 for that purpose."  =/\=

[Engineering]

Lieutenant Erix
Erix eyes almost bulged out of his head when he heard the evacuation order and stabbed his commbadge with a vengeance.

=/\= "Engineering to bridge! Captain, I strongly object to an evacuation order of the entire stardrive section. The Tholians will be on decks 17 and 18, there is absolutely zero reason to evacuate anything above deck 15. I do not make medical decisions, I do not see why a doctor is making engineering decisions. There are sufficient force fields already in place and we can supplement those with additional fields as necessary. I reiterate my strongest objections to a complete evacuation of the stardrive. Sir." =/\=

[Bridge]

Dylan tapped his commbadge. He heard the reply, and as he needed to, responded. =/\= Understood, Chief. Make it happen. If you can or want to, you can convert the shuttle bay to Type Y, but only if we have to. Get it done, Lieutenant. =/\= he said, as he looked at his arm console, now sitting in his chair already.

=/\= Your objection is noted, Chief. =/\= he said, as he frowned. Thankfully, the man couldn't see the frown. =/\= The Doctor has complete authority in the name of the health and safety of the crew. Even if I disagreed with her decision, which I don't, I couldn't overrule her. However, if you deem it critical to the success of this mission, you and a small contingent of Engineers can stay behind and do whatever you need. All non-essential personnel will be evacuated in case of containment failure. You have your orders. As soon as the bays are ready, begin evacuation of the colony. =/\=

Dylan sat back and watched the solar activty graph on the screen. The sun was growing close to the CME, with shuttles buzzing like flies off of the surface of the planet, streaking out toward space.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Lek on January 18, 2018, 11:17:10 AM

[Engineering]

Lieutenant Erix 
Erix seethed as he listened to the gall of the woman and snarled back in response.

"DOCTOR Vaughn. Until the CAPTAIN gives that order, we will NOT be evacuating the stardrive  section. If you want to talk about ENGINEERING matters,  you are welcome to come to engineering. I am rather occupied with preparing the ship for our visitors. Erix out."

Sickbay

Lizzie seethed but managed to refrain from shouting in the com.

=/\= Lieutenant, the Captain has already given that order. I suggest you check with him if you must. Either way, I expect to see you in my office with the hour. Vaughan out! =/\=

Lizzie closed the channel and wondered if she could use medical codes to get the arrogant engineer relieved of duty. She could have already done so but figured they needed all the help to avoid the severe consequences of not containing the Demon conditions.

She took a seat and took several breaths to calm herself. Then waited for the call.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Lek

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on January 18, 2018, 12:26:04 PM

Sickbay

Lizzie seethed but managed to refrain from shouting in the com.

=/\= Lieutenant, the Captain has already given that order. I suggest you check with him if you must. Either way, I expect to see you in my office with the hour. Vaughan out! =/\=

Lizzie closed the channel and wondered if she could use medical codes to get the arrogant engineer relieved of duty. She could have already done so but figured they needed all the help to avoid the severe consequences of not containing the Demon conditions.

She took a seat and took several breaths to calm herself. Then waited for the call.

Lieutenant  Erix 
Erix sat at his station for a moment to call his voice before his reply.

=/\= "Doctor. I  heard your voice give the order, not the captain. As a department head, I report to the captain and the first officer, not you. I will not be reporting to you without a direct order from one of them. There is no engineering reason to evacuate the stardrive and I  do not acknowledge your authority to overrule me on engineering  matters. I suggest you stick to medical matters and leave engineering matters to engineers."  =/\=

Alt of Ian Galloway

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on January 16, 2018, 06:07:04 PM

[Bridge]

When she spoke the last words, Dylan couldn't help but try and diffuse the situation in the worst way he knew how- with a joke. "I dunno, a third arm could come in hand-y, I guess." he said, smirking before looking at the data. "What's the expected damage to their infrastructure, if the CME were to hit now?" he asked, regaining his serious attitude. "That is, provided they survived the initial radiological bombardment?"

Bridge

Bonnie looked down at the PADD that she had with her and brought up the information about the possible damage to an area. She frowned, sifting through the little information she had on the topic and raising to look at the captain. "The station will likely be affected by a shock wave which will cause some damage to the station. The damage will depend on the materials the station is made out of and the way it's designed." She paused for a moment and gave a small shrug. "I could only guess, but it shouldn't take too much damage and the structure should stay intact. That's not what the problem is with, however."

"The satellites could potentially be knocked offline and the power could go out on the surface. If the power goes out or the satellites are destroyed beyond repair, we won't be able to make contact with them." She paused for a moment, looking back down at the PADD for a short amount of time. "And if there's anyone at a high altitude of the atmosphere, we should order them down, or up out of the atmosphere. The radiation levels will be worst there." Bonnie finished.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Lek on January 18, 2018, 02:17:14 PM

Lieutenant  Erix 
Erix sat at his station for a moment to call his voice before his reply.

=/\= "Doctor. I  heard your voice give the order, not the captain. As a department head, I report to the captain and the first officer, not you. I will not be reporting to you without a direct order from one of them. There is no engineering reason to evacuate the stardrive and I  do not acknowledge your authority to overrule me on engineering  matters. I suggest you stick to medical matters and leave engineering matters to engineers."  =/\=

Sickbay

At the response, Lizzie's temper almost got away from her.

=/\= This is a medical matter! What happens when one of your shields fails? It will kill a lot of the crew. I do not plan on telling you how to do you job, only what is required to keep the crew alive and well. Now you have 2 choices. Report to my office NOW. Or consider yourself relieved of duty for needlessly endangering the health of the crew. Do you understand me Lieutenant? =/\=

In Memorium.

Lek

[Engineering]

Lieutenant Erix
"Doctor, please do not show your ignorance. I would never leave the safety of the crew to a single point of failure. There will be multiple overlapping force fields, which you know IF you bothered talking to the engineering staff. Last I checked, you are not captain or been designated a monarch. If you want to talk, again, you are welcome to come to engineering and discuss the plan, otherwise, I will not answer you again, because now you  are endangering the crew by keeping me from completing preparations to the force fields.

"You are way out of line doctor and have destroyed your credibility with me. A true leader asks for input and decides after hearing all options. If we were in a situation where time was of the essence, which this is most emphatically not, I would not question an order. As things stand, I will be making a formal complaint to Starfleet Medical regarding your behavior. I suggest you dial back the attitude because at this point, you need my help more than I need yours."

Alt of Ian Galloway

Kyle Briggs

[Bridge]

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on January 16, 2018, 06:07:04 PM

Dylan shook his head. "We don't have the time, this time. We're just a rescue ship, we're not going to risk our people more than we have to. Just stick us out of range, and evacuate the survivors. That is, unless we find a better way. I'm all ears, Commander."

Nothing had come to mind for Kyle so he stood by as the others began making the preparations. There had been a bit of confusion with whom was doing what and as an Engineer himself, he turned to the CO.

"Want me to go down there?" he asked.

He needed something, anything, to do. the Tholians had rubbed him the wrong way from the very beginning with their demands. Maybe they'd run out of room just before they beamed up that snooty ass Ambassador Veliveene.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Lek on January 18, 2018, 11:21:10 PM

[Engineering]

Lieutenant Erix
"Doctor, please do not show your ignorance. I would never leave the safety of the crew to a single point of failure. There will be multiple overlapping force fields, which you know IF you bothered talking to the engineering staff. Last I checked, you are not captain or been designated a monarch. If you want to talk, again, you are welcome to come to engineering and discuss the plan, otherwise, I will not answer you again, because now you  are endangering the crew by keeping me from completing preparations to the force fields.

"You are way out of line doctor and have destroyed your credibility with me. A true leader asks for input and decides after hearing all options. If we were in a situation where time was of the essence, which this is most emphatically not, I would not question an order. As things stand, I will be making a formal complaint to Starfleet Medical regarding your behavior. I suggest you dial back the attitude because at this point, you need my help more than I need yours."

Sickbay

Lizzie shook her head at the arrogance of the engineer.

=/\= Very well since I cannot work with you. I will be forced to go over your head. Vaughan out! =/\=

Lizzie closed the channel and decided to go to the Bridge to speak to Kyle about this. She turned to the head Nurse.

"I will be on the Bridge if you need me." She said, heading out of the doors and towards the turbolift and the Bridge.

Bridge

Having taken the time to calm down while on her way to the Bridge. Lizzie stepped out of the turbolift and went straight over to Kyle.

"Sorry to bother you Commander. But I need to report the Chief Engineer do disobeying a direct order and conduct unbecoming." She said as the Bridge suddenly went quiet.

In Memorium.

Rayek trLhoell

PO2 Rayek
[Deck 13 - Corridor outside Engineering]

Following Dr Vaughan's call, Rayek contacted each member of the Delta shift and provided them with their immediate new orders.  He then sent a quick written message from his PADD to both Lt Taray and PO1 Cleroux with the Doctor's personnel request and his solution, keeping both up to date.   The Lieutenant's written reply in response was a single word - OKAY.

[Deck 12 - Aft Lounge]

Then because he needed to finish drafting the schedule and because the corridor was quickly becoming crowded, Rayek headed up one level to the smaller Aft Crew Lounge on Deck 12.  This was not 'The Lounge" that Dr Vaughan had directed the evacuated to, so it was quiet within.  Rayek ordered a black coffee from the replicator and sat down at the nearest table to finish his work on the schedule.

Ten minutes later both the coffee and the schedule were finished.  He quickly sent off copies of the proposed schedule - which rotated each and every member of security through the Cargo Bays in 90 minute increments - to Lt Taray, PO1 Cleroux and Dr Vaughan.  The schedule as outlined had 8 security at a time meeting Medical to get their Hyronlin shot, working 90 minutes in either one of the two transformed Cargo bays then going through decontamination, before continuing their duty shift elsewhere on the ship.  Roving security shifts were given the responsibility to cover off those working in the Cargo Bays.  It was a very intricate schedule and Rayek knew he would need to be on top of the security crew at all times to ensure a smooth operation.

Clearing away his empty coffee mug, Rayek headed out to go meet with Dr Vaughan as requested.

[Deck 7 - Sickbay]

Arriving in Sickbay, Rayek noted that Dr. Vaughan wasn't present and her team of nurses and medics were busily preparing.  When he inquired to one of the nurses as to where the doctor was he was informed that she had gone to the Bridge.  Rayek frowned, something serious must have come up.

"Rayek to Dr. Vaughan.  I've sent you a copy of the security schedule. Contact me when you are available to discuss the additional safety measures you mentioned.  I will be in the Lounge assisting with the evacuation until then."

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on January 20, 2018, 10:06:21 AM

PO2 Rayek
[Deck 13 - Corridor outside Engineering]

Following Dr Vaughan's call, Rayek contacted each member of the Delta shift and provided them with their immediate new orders.  He then sent a quick written message from his PADD to both Lt Taray and PO1 Cleroux with the Doctor's personnel request and his solution, keeping both up to date.   The Lieutenant's written reply in response was a single word - OKAY.

[Deck 12 - Aft Lounge]

Then because he needed to finish drafting the schedule and because the corridor was quickly becoming crowded, Rayek headed up one level to the smaller Aft Crew Lounge on Deck 12.  This was not 'The Lounge" that Dr Vaughan had directed the evacuated to, so it was quiet within.  Rayek ordered a black coffee from the replicator and sat down at the nearest table to finish his work on the schedule.

Ten minutes later both the coffee and the schedule were finished.  He quickly sent off copies of the proposed schedule - which rotated each and every member of security through the Cargo Bays in 90 minute increments - to Lt Taray, PO1 Cleroux and Dr Vaughan.  The schedule as outlined had 8 security at a time meeting Medical to get their Hyronlin shot, working 90 minutes in either one of the two transformed Cargo bays then going through decontamination, before continuing their duty shift elsewhere on the ship.  Roving security shifts were given the responsibility to cover off those working in the Cargo Bays.  It was a very intricate schedule and Rayek knew he would need to be on top of the security crew at all times to ensure a smooth operation.

Clearing away his empty coffee mug, Rayek headed out to go meet with Dr Vaughan as requested.

[Deck 7 - Sickbay]

Arriving in Sickbay, Rayek noted that Dr. Vaughan wasn't present and her team of nurses and medics were busily preparing.  When he inquired to one of the nurses as to where the doctor was he was informed that she had gone to the Bridge.  Rayek frowned, something serious must have come up.

"Rayek to Dr. Vaughan.  I've sent you a copy of the security schedule. Contact me when you are available to discuss the additional safety measures you mentioned.  I will be in the Lounge assisting with the evacuation until then."

Bridge

Lizzie was waiting on Kyle when Rayek reported in. she immediately tapped her com-badge.

=/\= Thank you Mr Rayek. I was called away unexpectedly so I will review the outline and meet you in the lounge when I am available. Vaughan out. =/\=

In Memorium.

Lek

[Engineering]

Lieutenant Lek
When Lek didn't hear back from the doctor or Lieutenant Erix, he didn't have a reason to stay in the transporter room. Bidding Chief Flannery good day, Lek headed for the turbolift and returned to engineering, arriving in time to hear.
Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on January 18, 2018, 11:40:35 PM

=/\= Very well since I cannot work with you. I will be forced to go over your head. Vaughan out! =/\=

Lieutenant Erix
"Damn the unmitigated arrogance of that woman!"

Erix snarled and gripped the edges of his console with so much force his finger tips went white with frustration.

Lieutenant Lek
Lek's eyebrows arched in surprise, but he figured that what he'd heard was a disagreement between department heads and was none of his business. Lek also figured now was not the time to draw attention to himself as he knew he was not on the list of people Erix ever wanted to see, so he moved back to his usual station and took a look at the preparations to protect cargo backs three and four. After scanning through the configuration Erix had designed, Lek was impressed and thought.

"He may not be much of an on the fly engineer, but when it comes to deliberate engineering, I can't deny he's good at that."

Alt of Ian Galloway

Kyan Mackenzie

:: Stellar Cartography Lab | USS Challenger ::

Not a good start to the day... middle of the night.. whatever it was.

Since their rendezvous with the time loops, and then the subsequent visit to Andoria, Elijah had been establishing a routine on the Challenger. We was permanently assigned now, and had been tasked manly with upkeep and repair of computer systems on Alpha Shift. This was generally solitary work, as he was one of the only Computer Techs on the ship, which he didn't mind at all. It HAD been a very uneventful mission until today. Today he had been outfitting systems in secondary hull for intense heat and radiation exposure. Mundane work. It was a good day.

That didn't last.

Elijah had been sleeping. Because that's what you were supposed to do at night. His shift had ended. He went and ate, showered, and then went to bed at 2100 hours. He set HIS alarm for 0530 hours, which was when he was supposed to wake up. Not in the middle of the night. But the Captain had woken everyone up. And now he was in the Stellar Cartography lab with Ensign Wentworth, the Challenger's actual stellar cartographer. They were taking readings from the star, and trying to figure out what caused the Coronal Mass Ejection.

"They're turning most of the secondary hull into a Tholian environment." Wentworth noted. "So that's why the Captain wanted everyone out of there."

"I know." Elijah responded absently.

"So we're to have Tholians on the ship... running around... Why can't they just wear those bio suits they have? Maybe they don't all have one?"

Elijah maintained his focus on the screen in front of him, which contained the latest scans of the star. He didn't respond to Wentworth. It didn't slow him down though. Wentworth talked alot, and most of the time to himself or no one at all.

"Probably not. This planet is great for Tholians I guess... or it was Til the star decided to vomit radiation all over their planet." Wentworth went on. He was not at his console. Instead he was leaning against the railing, looking at the holographic representation of the CME. "Too bad for them."

"Stars.....aren't alive. They can't decide things." Elijah pointed out with a giggle. As he made that assertion though, the numbers on his screen began to look... odd. He'd been charting the star's coronal activity since before the eruption, and now since. Elijah wasn't a stellar cartographer. But he was a very good student, and certain things stood out from courses at the academy. One of those things was that Coronal activity on stars could be somewhat predictable.

"Scientists have been trying to predict CME's." He said aloud.

Wentworth nodded. "Yeah. The Vulcans are best at it. But the Tholians were working on it too. Of course they don't share their research with us so.. who knows how far along they are."

"And we can see past activity of this star?"

"Yup." Wentworth replied. "Got all the data. This one wasn't expected at all."

Elijah swiveled around in his chair, looking up at the display. It was very bright... too bright. He put on his glasses. "Show the star's activity, starting from one month ago.. ten to one time ratio."

"Oh.. kay." Wentworth replied, confused. Hey keyed in the commands and the system began showing them the star's activity over the past month.

"The.....area where the CME happened... isn't fluctuating." Elijah pointed out. "It's....not unstable."

Wentworth looked at his monitor. He saw the same thing. "No, but sometime we can't tell until right before it happens."

"Play from.....three days ago til now." Elijah spoke-sang, his voice becoming a little more excited.

The computer display blinked out, and then did as he asked. Wentworth watched too, his confusion becoming visible. "That's not normal." he offered. "CME's always put off a preliminary spike in radiation. The reactions in the area always become more unstable in the days leading up to the event. But look at section four nine five five. Nothing. It just happened. And right when the planetary orbit brought in right in line to get the full blast."

"It... was done on purpose." Elijah said.

"Why would the Tholians wipe out their own planet?" Silas asked incredulously. "Makes no sense."

Elijah didn't respond. He was looking at his own screen and combing the data there. When he saw what he expected to see, he tapped his com badge.

=/\= Aldin to... Moors. Come to Stellar Cartography.... please. =/\=

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Elijah Aldin on January 21, 2018, 02:09:07 AM

:: Stellar Cartography Lab | USS Challenger ::

Not a good start to the day... middle of the night.. whatever it was.

Since their rendezvous with the time loops, and then the subsequent visit to Andoria, Elijah had been establishing a routine on the Challenger. We was permanently assigned now, and had been tasked manly with upkeep and repair of computer systems on Alpha Shift. This was generally solitary work, as he was one of the only Computer Techs on the ship, which he didn't mind at all. It HAD been a very uneventful mission until today. Today he had been outfitting systems in secondary hull for intense heat and radiation exposure. Mundane work. It was a good day.

That didn't last.

Elijah had been sleeping. Because that's what you were supposed to do at night. His shift had ended. He went and ate, showered, and then went to bed at 2100 hours. He set HIS alarm for 0530 hours, which was when he was supposed to wake up. Not in the middle of the night. But the Captain had woken everyone up. And now he was in the Stellar Cartography lab with Ensign Wentworth, the Challenger's actual stellar cartographer. They were taking readings from the star, and trying to figure out what caused the Coronal Mass Ejection.

"They're turning most of the secondary hull into a Tholian environment." Wentworth noted. "So that's why the Captain wanted everyone out of there."

"I know." Elijah responded absently.

"So we're to have Tholians on the ship... running around... Why can't they just wear those bio suits they have? Maybe they don't all have one?"

Elijah maintained his focus on the screen in front of him, which contained the latest scans of the star. He didn't respond to Wentworth. It didn't slow him down though. Wentworth talked alot, and most of the time to himself or no one at all.

"Probably not. This planet is great for Tholians I guess... or it was Til the star decided to vomit radiation all over their planet." Wentworth went on. He was not at his console. Instead he was leaning against the railing, looking at the holographic representation of the CME. "Too bad for them."

"Stars.....aren't alive. They can't decide things." Elijah pointed out with a giggle. As he made that assertion though, the numbers on his screen began to look... odd. He'd been charting the star's coronal activity since before the eruption, and now since. Elijah wasn't a stellar cartographer. But he was a very good student, and certain things stood out from courses at the academy. One of those things was that Coronal activity on stars could be somewhat predictable.

"Scientists have been trying to predict CME's." He said aloud.

Wentworth nodded. "Yeah. The Vulcans are best at it. But the Tholians were working on it too. Of course they don't share their research with us so.. who knows how far along they are."

"And we can see past activity of this star?"

"Yup." Wentworth replied. "Got all the data. This one wasn't expected at all."

Elijah swiveled around in his chair, looking up at the display. It was very bright... too bright. He put on his glasses. "Show the star's activity, starting from one month ago.. ten to one time ratio."

"Oh.. kay." Wentworth replied, confused. Hey keyed in the commands and the system began showing them the star's activity over the past month.

"The.....area where the CME happened... isn't fluctuating." Elijah pointed out. "It's....not unstable."

Wentworth looked at his monitor. He saw the same thing. "No, but sometime we can't tell until right before it happens."

"Play from.....three days ago til now." Elijah spoke-sang, his voice becoming a little more excited.

The computer display blinked out, and then did as he asked. Wentworth watched too, his confusion becoming visible. "That's not normal." he offered. "CME's always put off a preliminary spike in radiation. The reactions in the area always become more unstable in the days leading up to the event. But look at section four nine five five. Nothing. It just happened. And right when the planetary orbit brought in right in line to get the full blast."

"It... was done on purpose." Elijah said.

"Why would the Tholians wipe out their own planet?" Silas asked incredulously. "Makes no sense."

Elijah didn't respond. He was looking at his own screen and combing the data there. When he saw what he expected to see, he tapped his com badge.

=/\= Aldin to... Moors. Come to Stellar Cartography.... please. =/\=

Bridge

Bonnie turned away from the CO and XO as her commbadge chirped and she heard Elijah begin to speak. She raised her eyebrow in surprise as she figured they'd found something out from the readings related to the planet. Maybe the time where the CME had started to begin, she thought. Bonnie turned back around to the command officers and nodded in greeting. "I have been called to stellar cartography. They must be found something down there. I'll let you know." Bonnie said, offering a nod as she left and tapping her commbadge.

=^=Moors to Aldin, I'm on my way.=^= Bonnie stepped into the turbolift. "Stellar Cartography." She called, the turbolift begun to lower to the right floor.

Stellar Cartography Lab

Bonnie stepped into the lab and looked around for moment. Once she had found Elijah and Wentworth she made her way over to them. Smiling and nodding as she approached them. "Good morning. How can I help you two?" She asked them as she stopped in front of them.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Rayek trLhoell

PO2 Rayek

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on January 20, 2018, 10:36:17 AM

Bridge

Lizzie was waiting on Kyle when Rayek reported in. she immediately tapped her com-badge.

=/\= Thank you Mr Rayek. I was called away unexpectedly so I will review the outline and meet you in the lounge when I am available. Vaughan out. =/\=

[Deck 7 - Sickbay]

Rayek heard his comm chirp as the connection dropped before he could offer his usual acknowledgement.  He gave a brief nod to the duty nurse in charge of sickbay and then left, heading down a level to the Lounge.

[Level 6 - Lounge (Muster Station)]

Rayek arrived in the Lounge just as half the security Delta shift was leaving to begin doing a deck by deck check of the levels from bottom up to ensure the evacuation was being adhered to.  The other half of the Delta shift security crew were assisting Ops with relocating the displaced crew and their families.  Rayek looked over the Lounge a moment, offering brief nod towards Mrs. Briggs as she went about her duties helping out as her Lounge became the evacuations Muster Station.

He approached the Ops officer seemingly in charge of organizing the evacuation.  After a quick word with him, Rayek was given the temporary task of assisting with accounting for all the evacuated crew.  With access to the ships roster, Rayek sat himself at the head of a line of tables in front of which a queue of crew were beginning to assemble.   His sole task was to take the individuals name and check it against the master list.

From there the crewmember or civilian would move on down the line of tables being assigned a temporary lodging and an alternate duty assignment if, as a crewmember, their primary duty was affected by the evacuation.  All in all it was a very orderly process; which Rayek found very tedious and was grateful he'd taken the opportunity to have a coffee earlier.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.