Author Topic: S1E10 Listening In  (Read 27376 times)

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Family - where life begins and love never ends
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1E10 Listening In
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2018, 05:21:35 am »
Sickbay

"Well..." Bonnie looked around the room observing everyone around and finding a nurse to call over." If I was allowed to help I would. However, I have been told I'm not allowed to see to people unless it's an emergency and unfortunately this isn't." Bonnie called over a nurse and then turned back. "However I can stay and keep you company to make sure you're ok. What you have been hearing is horrific, I just hope the people on the bridge will get down to the core of the problem soon. Have you heard anything since or has it gone quiet?" Bonnie asked so if she was still hearing things the nurse could act on it.

Sickbay

Lizzie walked into Sickbay and saw Bonnie, Liv and an Ensign in Teal being looked at by Chloe.

"I take it this is a problem related to the shorting out of the UT implants?" She asked the group.

[Sickbay]

Even though she felt like she was being a burden, Liv appreciated Bonnie's concern regarding her being okay and knew she had been hasty in thinking she could deal with it on her own back in her quarters. She could also imagine Kyle's reaction if he had found out she had left Sickbay without being checked over as she couldn't keep anything from him.

Listening as Bonnie spoke as she looked around for a nurse understanding the reasons why she couldn't check her over but did like the idea of her keeping her company. " I understand and sure I would like that" she replied before she went on to ask if she was still hearing the voices and shared the same hope regarding the Bridge finding out the cause.

" I hope so too and no everything's quiet now " she said as Lizzie then walked in and approached them. When asked if this had to do with the UT's shortening out she answered her with " It is Lizzie".

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Three year award Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2018, 05:57:44 am »
[Sickbay]

Even though she felt like she was being a burden, Liv appreciated Bonnie's concern regarding her being okay and knew she had been hasty in thinking she could deal with it on her own back in her quarters. She could also imagine Kyle's reaction if he had found out she had left Sickbay without being checked over as she couldn't keep anything from him.

Listening as Bonnie spoke as she looked around for a nurse understanding the reasons why she couldn't check her over but did like the idea of her keeping her company. " I understand and sure I would like that" she replied before she went on to ask if she was still hearing the voices and shared the same hope regarding the Bridge finding out the cause.

" I hope so too and no everything's quiet now " she said as Lizzie then walked in and approached them. When asked if this had to do with the UT's shortening out she answered her with " It is Lizzie".

Sickbay

Lizzie nodded at her friends reply and indicated one of the beds.

"Well if you'll take a seat, I'll get you checked over and see if your UT needs replacing. If it does, I should be able to do it right away. From the sounds of it, I'll need to check the entire crew so this could be a time consuming exercise." She said with a smile as she went and picked up a tricorder from the shelf and waited for Live to take a seat.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2018, 06:26:09 am »
Sickbay

Lizzie nodded at her friends reply and indicated one of the beds.

"Well if you'll take a seat, I'll get you checked over and see if your UT needs replacing. If it does, I should be able to do it right away. From the sounds of it, I'll need to check the entire crew so this could be a time consuming exercise." She said with a smile as she went and picked up a tricorder from the shelf and waited for Live to take a seat.

[Sickbay]

Liv picked up Elijah when Lizzie asked her to take a seat on one of the beds until she decided that if she was going to have her UT replaced then trying to keep Elijah occupied was going to be difficult so turned to Bonnie. " Would you watch Elijah for me?" she asked politely handing her son over then answered Lizzie. " Sure and sounds good " she replied taking a seat as her friend mentioned about checking the whole crew and how it would be a time consuming exercise. " I can understand that it would be and if you need help with anything just let me know" she offered knowing that she wasn't a medic but she would help out if anything else was needed.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • Three year award Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2018, 07:25:30 am »
[Sickbay]

Liv picked up Elijah when Lizzie asked her to take a seat on one of the beds until she decided that if she was going to have her UT replaced then trying to keep Elijah occupied was going to be difficult so turned to Bonnie. " Would you watch Elijah for me?" she asked politely handing her son over then answered Lizzie. " Sure and sounds good " she replied taking a seat as her friend mentioned about checking the whole crew and how it would be a time consuming exercise. " I can understand that it would be and if you need help with anything just let me know" she offered knowing that she wasn't a medic but she would help out if anything else was needed.

Sickbay

Lizzie smiled at her friend and nodded as Liv made the offer.

"I might just take you up on that." She replied as she opened the tricorder and began to scan behind Liv's right ear where the UT implant was located. Sure enough, it had shorted out.

"Looks like I'll need to replace yours Liv." She said, giving her best bedside manner smile. "If you will just lay back, I can have it dealt with in a few minutes."

Leaving Liv to make herself comfortable, she went over to the supply shelves and removed a laser scalpel and a micro-suture. She also loaded two hyposprays, one with a local anaesthetic and one with a mild painkiller, before heading over to the replicator and requested new UT implant.

When she was done she headed back to Liv.

"Let me know when you are ready and I'll give you a local anaesthetic." she said as she put the tray on the shelf next to the bed.

In Memorium.

Offline Olivia Briggs

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2018, 11:57:31 am »
Sickbay

Lizzie smiled at her friend and nodded as Liv made the offer.

"I might just take you up on that." She replied as she opened the tricorder and began to scan behind Liv's right ear where the UT implant was located. Sure enough, it had shorted out.

"Looks like I'll need to replace yours Liv." She said, giving her best bedside manner smile. "If you will just lay back, I can have it dealt with in a few minutes."

Leaving Liv to make herself comfortable, she went over to the supply shelves and removed a laser scalpel and a micro-suture. She also loaded two hyposprays, one with a local anaesthetic and one with a mild painkiller, before heading over to the replicator and requested new UT implant.

When she was done she headed back to Liv.

"Let me know when you are ready and I'll give you a local anaesthetic." she said as she put the tray on the shelf next to the bed.

[Sickbay]

Liv smiled back at her friend as she accepted her offer and even though she wasn't a medic had no issue helping out when needed even if it was recording information or replicating items. " Great and you know where I am if you do " she replied as Lizzie then opened the tricorder and began to scan her.

Moments later the news came back that she would need to have her UT implant replaced which was what she was expecting to happen and nodded as she was then instructed to lay back. " Thank you " she said before getting comfortable taking a minute to look over at her son who was quite happy to have someone else's attention. Not having to wait long before Lizzie returned with what she needed and was asked to let her know when she was ready so she could be given a local anaesthetic.

" I'm ready " she said confidently although would be glad once it was over and done with.

Offline Ashley Weir

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2018, 02:08:30 pm »
[Bridge]

Dylan nodded at the report, as he saw the three ships move in. Starfleet had acted rather quickly, but then again with this type of thing, Dylan would have expected no less. He then turned to the Doctor.

"Dismissed, Doc. Let me know what resources you need to get it done." he said, glad his own node had apparently never been activated to send him messages. That was one more voice he didn't need in his head. Regardless, he turned to the Helm.

"Let me know if anything pops up, but vessels go through this part of space all the time, there's a sea of background noise and emissions. We'd be lucky to tell a torpedo from a Tellarite at this level." he said, but didn't shoot down the attempt. Maybe this helm officer knew a thing or two about the helm more than Dylan did.

He turned and sat in his chair, waiting for the next move to be made.

Unfortunately, the ship had already fled the system, leaving only one small pod that had yet to be detected. On it was a piece of replicated paper, in a cannister no larger than a film tube. The paper read, "Better Luck Next Time."

[Bridge]

Ashley silently continued to analyze the infra-red spectrum. She quickly perked up as she spotted something. "No ship, but I did detect a near insignificant amount of infrared radiation near where the ship was last seen. So little I almost ignored it actually." The officer began with a small amount of excitement in her voice. "I overlaid that with a current view of our surrounding space to make it easier to locate the object. Once I did that I magnified that quadrant of space and discovered an escape pod. Likely jettisoned from the ship in question." She finished with a small, but proud smile.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2018, 08:51:02 pm »
[Sickbay]

Liv smiled back at her friend as she accepted her offer and even though she wasn't a medic had no issue helping out when needed even if it was recording information or replicating items. " Great and you know where I am if you do " she replied as Lizzie then opened the tricorder and began to scan her.

Moments later the news came back that she would need to have her UT implant replaced which was what she was expecting to happen and nodded as she was then instructed to lay back. " Thank you " she said before getting comfortable taking a minute to look over at her son who was quite happy to have someone else's attention. Not having to wait long before Lizzie returned with what she needed and was asked to let her know when she was ready so she could be given a local anaesthetic.

" I'm ready " she said confidently although would be glad once it was over and done with.

Sickbay

Lizzie nodded and quickly injected the local anaesthetic at the site of the implant.

While waiting for the drug to take effect, she replaced the hypospray on the tray and picked up the laser scalpel.

Once her tricorder had confirmed the area was numb, she quickly and expertly made a short slice over the malfunctioning implant. Then, using a small extraction device, she removed the old implant before replacing it with a new one. Once t was in place she used the micro-suture to close the wound and then the dermal regenerator to remove it completely. Finally, she injected the mild painkiller to deal with any after effects.

When she was done she gave Liv a smile.

"All finished. Just need to make sure it is working, then you can go." She said.

Picking up her PADD she got it to playback a Vulcan poem.

"Did you understand that?" She asked.

In Memorium.

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2018, 11:12:07 pm »
[Engineering]

Lek when over the work of the engineering crew and was pleased. In addition to the universal translator, they'd found two other backdoors into the computer. The lighting system and the environmental temperature indicators. All he could do was shake his head in amazement.

"This had to be done when we were in drydock. Diabolical. Systems so far down the pecking order, no one would suspect them or even think to look at them."

Lek sent an encrypted message to the captain with an eyes only header, keyed to his retinal scan.

"Someone is playing a deep game and the fewer who know the better."

Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2018, 12:18:34 am »
[Bridge]

Dylan got a notification on the arm of his chair that the last of the ground teams were aboard, which was good. It meant that finally, the Challenger could depart to their next destination. The ship had received new orders, and would be departing immediately. Dylan turned to the Helm. "Lieutenant, once the object is aboard, have it sent to Cargo Bay Two. Then set course for Deep Space Nine, maximum warp." he ordered, as he looked down at his datapad again.

[Engineering]

"Someone is playing a deep game and the fewer who know the better."

Dylan tapped out a quick reply. "Understood. Purge system with prejudice. Keep it contained. Your discretion." he said. Crew roster indicated everyone was aboard- everyone excpt one Chief of Engineering. Why was unknown, but he'd simply disappeared.

Finally, Dylan stood. "Lieutenant," he said, obviously distracted by something on his PADD, "You have the bridge... Inform me if you need anything..." he said, his voice suddenly not stable as he made his way to the turbolift. On his PADD, the last few lines of a report flashed. "na... Lost with all hands. Search parties recalled".

Captain's Log...
The Challenger has just had another encounter with the black ship. Whoever they are, they are quite impressive. This time, they left us a taunting note. This is the third such appearance of a kind of vessel, and this time they've managed to compromise the entire Universal Translator system. The superb efforts of Mr. Lek and the combined efforts of Dr. Vaughan and Ms. Weir were instrumental in finding the source of the breach, and contain it.

I am informed after our next excursion back to the wormhole, we'll need to head to the Qualor system, to salvage parts from one of the Challenger's less functional sisters, necessary for some overhauls that have been designed for the shield grid. I hope we find what we need.

On other news, we've set course to meet the USS Tempest, where we will be seeing off Commander Briggs, who is returning to the Tempest as, what I can only hope is, the voice of reason. Time will tell how things end up... sometimes the shortest gifts are the best ones.

(OOC Post restored due to server outage - ShranLahr ch'Verret November 2021)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:06:46 pm by ShranLahr ch'Verret »
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles