Jus'draal - Reporting In (22 December 2017)

Started by Jus'draal, December 22, 2017, 08:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jus'draal

Character Details

Character Name: Jus'draal
Character Age: 20
Character DOB: July 17, 2375 (52541.6)
Character Image:   http://stavatars.com/viewer/big_viewer.php?img_dir=avatars&image=1413_sanchez-roselyn-180.png
Character Species: 3/4 Klingon 1/4 Human
Character Family: Ratesh (Father) J'kara Ramirez (Mother)
Character Bio:
Before the last Klingon/Federation conflict, there were raids and skirmishes along the borders of the Federation and Empre.  It was during one of these raids in the early years of the Twenty Fourth century that a Klingon woman, G'tosh, was captured and held on a small outlying human settlement.  The settlers there had managed to capture the woman from a raiding Bird of Prey.  She was left behind by her crewmates, upon being injured n the fighting.  A compassionate Defense Force Lieutenant took her in and nursed her back to health.  She came to respect her captor and eventually began to adopt his human ways.  After many years they had a child, J'kara.  J'kara grew up in the colony very nearly an outsider.  She did not have the fierce temperament of her mother to fight for a place among the other human children.  It was a surprise to many then, that whn she as expected left the confines of the remote colony, she traveled to Qo'noS, seat of the Klingon Empire.

There the young half human joined a minor House (Koteph) and set about raising her own children.  She never sought either glory or honor beyond that of being partner to her Husband and Mother to her children.  One of these children, Jus'draal, shows the signs of her human heritage more than the others who are ostensibly Klingon.  Jusa, as she is familiarly called, while possessing the bone structure, organ redundancy and strength of her Klingon heritage, retains human coloring.  Perhaps because of this reersal of her mother's features, Jusa upon reaching her own majority in Klingon terms at sixteen, journeyed back to the small remote Federation colony where she was welcomed by her rand parents.  Living with them for three years, Jusa has displayed a no nonsense attitude, but a willingness to have some fun when the work is done.  She has some mechanical aptitude and a penchant for getting into fights.  Thus far she has been locked up three times and is coming to the academy as an alternative to extended jail time after assaulting the settlement's administrator (She swears she didn't know who he was).  It is on the strength of her grandfather's reputation and the judge's leniency that she managed to be admitted to Sarfleet, in the hope she could be... redirected.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: I have been roleplaying table top for more than fourteen years, I began with Dungeons and Dragons, moved from there to White Wolf, GURPS and Shadowrun as well as to War gaming and Live action roleplaying.  I have Dungeon Mistressed for the last eight years, as well as Storytold, and experienced online roleplay in Gor (Adult), Vampire ((Adult and PG rated), Freeform and have recently begun e-fedding (wrestling roleplay).
Department Preference: Engineering/Operations
Secondary Department Preference: Security/Tactical
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:
Jusa growled as she tossed her duffle on the bunk that was labelled 'B'.  The other bunk was as yet unoccupied.  it was too much to hope that somehow it would remain that way.  Some human would probably get it.  She grimmaced, there was a distinct aroma of human here on earth.It did not smell like the earthy, healthy scent of home to her.  She shook her head still getting used to the environs of the Academy bunks.  There were no healthy piles of furs, no dust bunnies under the bed, in fact there appeared to be lights under the beds!  With all this white and chrome how was one expected to relax and sleep?

Perhaps she was more human than her siblings, but she was just so... klingon when compared to the humans and the Federation types.  Those were not some other type now, she reconsidered, she was one of them now.  She would shrtly be changing into the mostly black uniform that was in the package she had been given by her grandmother.  Her grandmother, she had been so proud to hear that Jus'draal had attained an appointment to the Academy, even if it had been her fighting that had gotten her in.  She had worked hard to get all the uniforms and items Jus'draal would need.  Even her grandfather had beamed with pride as he's come with her to Earth.  Now he was joining with other parents in the orientation meetings while the cadets were to be settling in.  He had warned Jus'draal about her temper, and that all things could not be solved with a swift kick here.She would try to remember that.

A short time later Jus'draal had just finished changing when the door to the room slid open, immediately two uniformed men in black and gold came in, they flanked the door ansd one called an all clear.  A moment later the doorway was filled by a barrel chested man, whose breast was covered with more ribbons than Jusa cared to count.  Trailing the man who was busily placing a duffle bag on the other bunk and then directing a yeoman to place a trunk and several suitcases alongside the bed.  Trailing behind these invaders was a rather sullen looking, blonde human girl.

"You must be the... Klingon.  Yes, yes, good good, Commodore Jhosephat G. Helcouer.  This is my daughter, your room mate, Marg Helcouer."

Jus'draal blinked, the man was imposing, for a human, but he seemed to be trying to loom over her.  It sort of worked, expecially because Jusa wasn't sure what to make of all this.  She gave Marg a wan smile, "Hi. Jus'..."

Already the Commodore was bustling on, "Good, Jus.  Now I want no trouble from you, I know you klingons are prone to violence and bad habits, like making messes.  Around here cleaniness is next to godliness and I expect you not to earn my Marg any demerits, am i clear?  If there are problems from you, klingon, you'll get nowhere in Starfleet I promise you.  Marg, settle in, I will see you at the Meass iat 1800."

With that, the Commodore and his retinue swept out of the room leaving the two uniformed cadets, neither of whom truly looked comfortable in their new clothes, staring at each other.  Weakly, Jusa finished her introduction, "Hi, I'm Jus'draal.  Nice to meet you Marg?"

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet? PBeM List

DabuQlu'DI' yISuv - Klingon Proverb - When Threatened, Fight.
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Earth Proverb - If you wish peace, prepare for war

Kirok

Jus'draal,

An interesting application.

We can put you in the Operations Department on the Tempest.

Please let me know if that will work for you.

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Jus'draal

That absolutely works for me.  Thank you and my compliments.

DabuQlu'DI' yISuv - Klingon Proverb - When Threatened, Fight.
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Earth Proverb - If you wish peace, prepare for war

Kirok

Perfect.

Please report into Julie Rellek and James Hawk by sending them a PM.

They will get you started on their ship.

Welcome aboard,

Kirok

PS - Someone from the Academy and help you get started on your Officer Training Class.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Fala Awen

Hello and welcome Jus'draal!

I'm Lieutenant Commander Caelene Tam and will be your Academy Instructor for the Ops Officer Training. I have started your Academy thread here: https://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php/topic,8788.0.html

Please respond in that thread when you're ready. Thanks! :)

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.