Author Topic: T'lulu May, reporting for duty 12/21/17  (Read 1261 times)

Offline T'Lulu May Soong

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • I can't get anyone to do algebra with me ~
    • View Profile
    • Awards
T'lulu May, reporting for duty 12/21/17
« on: December 21, 2017, 08:51:54 am »
Character Details

Character Name: T'Lulu May Soong  =/\=
Character Age: about 95 years
Character DOB: May 16, 2300
Character Family: Product of Noonian Soong
Character Image: light blue skin, blue hair that is short with the classic Vulcan haircut, blue eyes, about 5.5 feet tall, and slender, standard Vulcan facial features.

Character Species: Android created in the Vulcan image
Gender: Programmed genderless, but predominantly feminine features, therefore always referred to as "she".
Character Family: Soong-type Android
Character Bio: The production of T'lulu began about 30 years after the destruction of the original Vulcan planet, when stress was high for the Vulcan race.  During his other cybernetic projects, Noonian Soong worked with the Federation and Vulcan scholars and historians to create a Vulcan android.  The purpose of her creation was to be a means for education about the Vulcan race.  T'lulu's memory banks were programmed with rich, extensive Vulcan history as well as the most common nuances of the Vulcan dialect and behaviors of the time.  After her prototype was tweaked and perfected, she was sent to places like Earth, Kronos, and even Romulus, with the intent to educate.  Due to her soft, kind nature and distinctive physical appearance, she quickly became a sort of celebrity among children during these rendezvous. 

Over time, T'lulu became discontented with constantly being "on the road" or "on tour" during her peak popularity.  She was designed to not only hold vast amounts of information, but also programmed with a desire to learn as much as possible. This was seen as an efficient way to "teach" T'lulu about Vulcan history and culture, giving her the ability to essentially teach herself. Somewhere along the way, the desire to learn became a desire to use knowledge for a positive purpose. That said, she continues to learn and prosper in other fields outside of Vulcan history, all while remaining true to her Vulcan "roots".

Today, Vulcan is a primary presence in Starfleet, and during her travels aboard the Starfleet vessels, her growth and development as an android and as a Starfleet cadet, led her to become a reliable patron to the Starfleet Prime Directive. 

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Online roleplaying forums have always been one of my favorite creative outlets.  It allows me to be engaged with that particular fandom and gives me a means to learn more about it in depth.  I've roleplayed in Kingdom Hearts and Naruto forums mostly in the past.  Currently, Star Trek is a relatively new love of mine, and I hope that this forum will be a great way to get engaged with the Star Trek culture and engage with other creative folks.
Department Preference: T'lulu was designed with a great desire and vast capacity to learn, which evolved into a desire for purpose.  Because of this, I believe T'lulu would be best suited for medical position, maybe even pharmaceuticals.  Also because I, the human, has an aspiring medical career and it would be a super cool parallel for me.
Secondary Department Preference: Science, for the same reasons.
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned.

Sample post:

Being a humanoid robot, cadet T'lulu May Soong was not manufactured to safely ingest food. However, through her intensive studies of Vulcan culture, she understood the amalgamating properties of cuisine in any civilization.  She was aware of the Vulcan's strict vegan diet.  For many species, veganism may be found limiting and unfulfilling.  T'lulu decided to challenge herself and create an authentically Vulcan dish so delectable, her cookery would receive a standing ovation. 

T'lulu prompted the replicator to synthesize the ingredients for her redspice broth soup base. 

"Two clusters of redspice, please."

*energize*

"Nine-hundred eighty milliliters of Gremish, please."

*energize*

"One liter of clear Rumall stock, please."

*energize* 

"Six Humat pods, please."

*energize*

While consulting her recipe database, T'lulu began to bring the ingredients to a boil.  ~chime~, sounded the door.

"Come in," she called out over her shoulder.

"Cadet May, what is that delightful smell?"

"It's a Vulcan staple, Officer.  I wish to serve it to some of my fellow cadets at Ten Forward tonight."

"Ah, and what a night to serve such a dish.  Will you be attending the graduation?"

T'lulu added a dash of ice salt to the simmering pot.

"Wouldn't miss it, sir.  It's an important evening for many of my comrades." she said with a smile.

T'lulu's commanding officer didn't have anything more to say.  He nodded respectfully and took his leave.  Suppose it wasn't very logical, to worry about the emotional wellbeing of an android.  Nonetheless, he wanted to stop by to make sure she was okay. He paused, looked back at the door, and walked on with a smirk. Cadet May was not expected to be graduating this year, but perhaps she knew to take the presumption with a grain of salt. 

Additional information: I had a lot of fun researching for and thinking up this character, and I believe I could create some truly smashing content with her.  I look forward to becoming part of the Shadowfleet family! Yay!

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Google!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:59:18 am by Astor May »

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: T'lulu May, reporting for duty 12/21/17
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 04:55:32 pm »
T'lulu,

A good application.

I'm going to assume that K-5 will be ok with having a 'sister.'

So, we are going to assign you to the Medical Department on the Discovery.

Would that work?

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline T'Lulu May Soong

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • I can't get anyone to do algebra with me ~
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 06:50:43 pm »
Kirok,

Sounds great! Let me know where I can start.  ;)

May

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 10:23:43 pm »
Perfect,

Please report into (by sending a pm) to T'Ra Jones and Tekin Nevir. 

They will get you squared away.

Welcome aboard,

Kirok

PS - One of the instructors will post next to help you start your Officer Training Class.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles