Doctor’s Orders. [Alyssa]

Started by Ardyn Jaeger, December 20, 2017, 11:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardyn Jaeger

[10-forward]

Ardy ignored the chiming of the alarm telling her that she was overdue for a physical again. She was kinda busy at the moment, taking shots of...whatever drink this was. Probably some Romulan Ale, by the looks of it. She fumbled around for her commbadge, finally hitting it after the third try. =/\= "Sorry Doc. I'm Á¢â,¬"HIC!Á¢â,¬" kinda busy right now. Can we...reschedule for next month? =/\=

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Michael Ferdinand

[Sickbay]
The communication came in loud and clear, but the sound of the hick did something to Alyssa. She couldn't tell if it was shock, amusement, or pure anger.

=/\= I'm sorry....what? You are scheduled to come in now. There is no option to reschedule. If you can't come to me, I will most certainly come to you.=/\=

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Ardyn Jaeger

[10-forward]

Ardyn laid her head on the counter, the first indications of a hangover brewing, or else the overwhelming sense of dread of the impending checkup. She couldn't quite tell which. Probably both for that matter. Slurring, she put her hand on her temple. =/\= "Yeah yeah. I'll get to it, I'll get to it." =/\= She hiccuped again and downed another shot of the potent drink. =/\= " Ya know what Doc , I'll make a deal. You can have the rest of the bottle, 'Kay? Jus gimme some time to...=/\= She mumbled, falling asleep before the words could come out.

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Michael Ferdinand

[Sickbay]
Alyssa huffed. This kind of unprofessionalism was something that she would fire a nurse over. Lucky for Ardyn, Alyssa couldn't sack her.

"Sam." Alyssa said, asking for the AI that was her apparently co-overseer/assistant of Sickbay.

"Greetings, Doctor Meadows, identification number 35416. I am Sam. How can I be of assistance today?"

"Get Lt. Jaeger into Sickbay. Now."

"Certainly, Doctor.
------
(Sam's perspective)
Doctor Meadows seemed irrationally angry, that much was for certain. He had only been activated by Starfleet intelligence to keep a tab on the ship. Yet for some reason, they thought he was best placed in Sickbay rather than the bridge. It was a peculiar situation, but his programming would not allow him to override the decision and change his Central origin point on the ship.

He opened a comm link with the Lt's comm implant, the process taking a fraction of a nanosecond before speaking.

"Greetings, Lieutenant Jaegar, identification number 35372. I am Sam. Please be advised that you have been ordered to report to Sickbay, an order that I recommend you follow. Please make your way to the nearest turbolift, or, if you can stomach it in your inebriated state, I can initiate a site to site transport directly to Sickbay. The choice...is yours."

Ardyn Jaeger

[10-forward]

Ardyn flinched at how abrupt the computer's voice sounded in her ear. Doctors. Always trying to mess up her off-days. Why couldn't they bother some other Flight Control officer? Murphy could definitely use a hypospray or two sometimes. "Fine. I'll get myself there, thank you very much."  She grumbled as she dazedly picked herself up. Wobbling slightly, she tipsily made her way to the turbolift.

As the turbolift opened its doors, Ardyn grumbled. This blasted checkup had better be quick

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Michael Ferdinand

[Sickbay]
"Doctor, I have successfully persuaded Lieutenant Jaeger to come to Sickbay."

"Thank you, Sam." Alyssa said. She was thankful for Sam's ability to use their implants. It allowed her to keep her headphones on whilst she was working on a patient.

While she had been waiting for Sam to perform his task, Alyssa had been busy helping Murphy. The headphones were near soundproof, but she could still hear his whimper as she began finishing up.

Tsk tsk tsk. "Now Murphy, do you must try to calm down. I didn't even flay you that much. You should consider yourself lucky." She feigned a smirk. "Anyway, you passed. Get out."

Ardyn Jaeger

[Sickbay]

Apparently, they HAD been bothering other Flight Control officers. Ardyn looked on as poor Ensign Murphy whimpered out of the sickbay offices. Sure, she wasn't a fan of that mallard of his, but the gangly ensign probably didn't deserve to come out of the sickbay all traumatized like that.

Attempting to shake off the effects of the alcohol, she stepped in. "I'm here Doc.  This had better be worth wasting half of my day off on this. I'm perfectly fine and healthy." She stumbled a bit. "Okay, maybe a little drunk, but that doesn't count. Can I leave?"

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Michael Ferdinand

Alyssa shot a glare at Ardy. She visualized back handing her across the sickbay; she certainly would have backhanded Stephan like that if he had talked to her in that way. However, before she could speak, she heard Sam respond.

"Lt. Jaeger, I assure you, sitting down at biobed one and allowing the Doctor to examine you would be best for all parties. You do not want to anger the doctor, do you?"

Ardyn Jaeger

Ardyn glared warily back, not quite comfortable with being examined. She could probably chalk it up as some residual PTSD from the accident all those years ago, but then again, That chainsaw hanging up on the wall didn't exactly scream Á¢â,¬Ëœsafe and hygienic' either.

The buzz of the alcohol was definitely waning now,as Ardy dazedly made her way to the biobed. "Yeah. I've ticked off a few more doctors than I probably should have, so it's probably a good idea to stay on your polite side. I'm a bit too drunk to read you, but I'd say we probably both want this over with, so scan away, doc."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Michael Ferdinand

"Thank you." Alyssa said. She smiled until she saw Ardy sit on the bed and in a second's notice "Sam, activate the restraints."

She heard the force fields come online and didn't stop to see Ardy's reaction. She moved to the small terminal and grabbed several tools: a scalpel, a dermal regenerator, and a tricorder. "I'm glad you stopped by." Alyssa said as she was placing the items on a small tray table. "You have been looking like a mess since the day I first saw you. Really, have you never seen someone about those scars? My son could patch those up in a second..."

Ardyn Jaeger

Ardyn had hardly sat down before the restraints pulled her back flat on the biobed, a look of shock, confusion and anger crossing her face. "HEY! What was that for!?" She exclaimed as she tried to fight the bindings, to no luck. "You seriously need to work on that bedside manner of yours." Ardyn said, biting back some thoroughly unprofessional expletives from her racing days. "Anyways, about my scars, I've just never gotten round to getting them fixed, and why should I? I don't trust medical people, especially you right now. Besides, they are a reminder for me.

Alt of Kinley Garrison

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.