Columbus Stories 1.4 - 'Twas A Very Columbus Christmas

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, December 14, 2017, 05:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanner Lachlyn

[ Starbase Lift C ]

This time of year was always hard for Tanner. Her parents had loved Christmas, even more than she did and once they passe they seemed to take the joy with them. Her Aunt Stacey had a cold outlook to the holiday and although there were presents and a decorated house - there was no warmth. Tanner leaned against the wall of the lift and sighed. Her Aunt would be expecting the obligatory message for the holidays. She'd get hell if it wasn't sent on time.

"Please hold the lift," Molly called out. When the woman held the lift, Molly ran in. "Thank you," She said.

"Welcome," Tanner stopped leaning against the back of the wall and stood upright, "In a bit of a rush?"

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Tanner Lachlyn on December 24, 2017, 01:01:53 PM

[ Starbase Lift C ]

This time of year was always hard for Tanner. Her parents had loved Christmas, even more than she did and once they passe they seemed to take the joy with them. Her Aunt Stacey had a cold outlook to the holiday and although there were presents and a decorated house - there was no warmth. Tanner leaned against the wall of the lift and sighed. Her Aunt would be expecting the obligatory message for the holidays. She'd get hell if it wasn't sent on time.

"Welcome," Tanner stopped leaning against the back of the wall and stood upright, "In a bit of a rush?"

[ Starbase Lift C ]

"Thank you!," She said as she slipped in. When Tanner asked her if she was in a rush she thought about it for a moment. "A bit of yes and no. I was considering it lucky if I caught one. Right now it seems the lifts are just the right shade of crowded enough that you have to wait a few cycles in order to get a spot in one. I am hoping to catch someone on their shift though" Molly did have a few more places she needed to head to. Though a bulk of her shopping was finished, there was a few more things she needed to buy. She knew Jenna, but she wanted to do something even more special. She figured a stop by Puzzles in order to speak to Leanna about Jenna would help. Jenna and Molly would talk about everything, but both kept their pasts off the table unless necessary. There was a scar on her shoulder she would keep secret the origin of. She hummed a bit to herself waiting on a response from the woman who let her in.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles]

Both Seamus and Maggie were busy serving customers although occasionally Seamus would steal a glace towards Leanna noting how besotted she seemed to be with the Klingon warrior she was with. He knew she had suffered lately but only had her best interests at heart after all he had been there with her through the whole Matthias situation and only wanted to see his friend happy and settled with someone who would treat her well.

He didn't know if this was just a one night thing but if she was happy then he would be too and knew she could take care of herself. For now he kept busy knowing he didn't have to say anything especially with them being busy and remained at the counter in case he was needed and sure enough was ready to take orders as a woman he recognised as Doctor Naira approached the bar and spoke with those she knew.

" Is there anything I can get you ?" he asked politely.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Naira on December 22, 2017, 11:01:22 PM

[Puzzles]

She turned back to look at the table, only to see that it was quickly disappearing as the General began to share his good news with those gathered around him. With her luck, a quarter of the station would know by morning. Great, she thought. Now there will be no chance of me keeping this to myself.

Naira saddled up to the bar and let out a deep sigh.

"Admiral, Commander, it's nice to see you again. Though, I must say, I never suspected either of you for the festive party type." From what she remembered of the Admiral, he seemed more the type to avoid such things like the plague and the Commander was know for arresting more Klingons than drinking beside them. Maybe this Human holiday of theirs had more to it than what met the eye.

[Puzzles]

"Great minds, commander." Adeyemi said with a touch of lightness. The pint he was nipping at was so dark it was almost black, pleasantly cool, and had his head swimming just a bit. He was inclined to be more social.

"I see that your General is in his usual rare form." The admiral said. "Would you like a drink, commander?"

A server stopped by with fresh kebabs. The beer had given Adeyemi a powerful appetite. He put his glass down and accepted three of them. The slices of onion were dripping with fragrant grease, the peppers were colorful and looked crunchy, and the meat was still sizzling. Mindful not to drip on his uniform, the admiral began to eat.

Tanner Lachlyn

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on December 24, 2017, 02:10:00 PM

[ Starbase Lift C ]

"Thank you!," She said as she slipped in. When Tanner asked her if she was in a rush she thought about it for a moment. "A bit of yes and no. I was considering it lucky if I caught one. Right now it seems the lifts are just the right shade of crowded enough that you have to wait a few cycles in order to get a spot in one. I am hoping to catch someone on their shift though" Molly did have a few more places she needed to head to. Though a bulk of her shopping was finished, there was a few more things she needed to buy. She knew Jenna, but she wanted to do something even more special. She figured a stop by Puzzles in order to speak to Leanna about Jenna would help. Jenna and Molly would talk about everything, but both kept their pasts off the table unless necessary. There was a scar on her shoulder she would keep secret the origin of. She hummed a bit to herself waiting on a response from the woman who let her in.

"Catch someone on their shift?" Tanner asked, "Isn't it hard to communicate personally to someone when they're on duty? Some department heads are pretty black and white with their scheduled tasks." Tanner paused and then shook her head, internally chastising herself, "Apologies for my assumption. So many years on a starship you forget that there can be other options. With so many various businesses, there are other 'shifts' one can be on."

Naira

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on December 24, 2017, 12:10:21 AM

[Location: Puzzles]

Tritter and Ryan had been focused on their conversation with the Admiral when Doctor Naira walked up. Tritter and Ryan weren't having much of a "party", they were fairly calm and mellow, enjoying some personal quiet time, away from the hustle and bustle of work. Tritter than rose to his feet, he offered his right hand to his Husband, who would take his hand and than rose to his feet. Ryan held onto his Husband's hand, Tritter than stated, "Good to see you again Doctor" He than shifted his focus to Ryan for a moment, than back to the Doctor, he than added, "Doctor, this is my Husband Ryan" His accent was ever present in his speech.

Ryan had a bit of a less serious demeanor than Tritter, but he also looked like the type who could be super serious of the time called for it. Tritter was also less serious than usual, as his Husband brought that out in him. Ryan than offered his right hand to the Doctor, as he was the type to shake hands with anyone, male or female, it is how he was raised. He than stated the following to her, "Hello Doctor, I'm Ryan, nice to meet you" his slightly southern accent was slightly jovial and relaxed. And that was not because of alcohol, as he only had ginger ale, the man didn't drink any alcohol.

[Puzzles]

Naira carefully studied the face of the Commander's husband as she shook his hand. "I know you, we've met before." She had to rack her brain for a moment to remember the exact time and place, but then it came to her. She remembered his calm demeanor. She remembered how well he worked with the children. Then, there was the memory of watching him run down the long corridor towards the escape pod as he led the other civilians before him. "You were taken by The Collector's ship. You helped rescue all those kids while I was trying to disable the ship from the inside and contact the Columbus. How have you and your family been? You have two kids, right? I think they were younger than my girls."

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on December 26, 2017, 02:00:00 PM

[Puzzles]
For now he kept busy knowing he didn't have to say anything especially with them being busy and remained at the counter in case he was needed and sure enough was ready to take orders as a woman he recognised as Doctor Naira approached the bar and spoke with those she knew.

" Is there anything I can get you ?" he asked politely.

She smiled at the bartender as he approached. "I'll just take a water, but I think General's table would probably like some more bloodwine and the freshest Klingon food you make, I don't think they are very picky at the moment." She reached behind her to point out the table for the man, but she had a feeling that with how boisterous they were, she probably needn't to.
Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on December 26, 2017, 02:59:25 PM

[Puzzles]

"Great minds, commander." Adeyemi said with a touch of lightness. The pint he was nipping at was so dark it was almost black, pleasantly cool, and had his head swimming just a bit. He was inclined to be more social.

"I see that your General is in his usual rare form." The admiral said. "Would you like a drink, commander?"

A server stopped by with fresh kebabs. The beer had given Adeyemi a powerful appetite. He put his glass down and accepted three of them. The slices of onion were dripping with fragrant grease, the peppers were colorful and looked crunchy, and the meat was still sizzling. Mindful not to drip on his uniform, the admiral began to eat.

"Yes, he is celebrating tonight," Her words trailed off. Naira, who had remained staring off at that distant table after pointing it out to the bartender, until this time, turned around.

She wasn't sure if it was more or less unsettling to see the admiral relaxing against the bar and taking in a drink. Certainly, he stood as a stark contrast to the General, but he always seemed so strict and rigid when she had worked here that she almost couldn't image him being the type to drink in a bar in front of others. When he asked if she'd join him for a drink, she had to shake her head.

"I'm sorry admiral, it will just have to be water for me. I don't drink."

When the waiter came by with kabobs, she again had to turn them down.

[/i]Everything smells too strong.[/i]

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Tanner Lachlyn on December 26, 2017, 04:33:16 PM

"Catch someone on their shift?" Tanner asked, "Isn't it hard to communicate personally to someone when they're on duty? Some department heads are pretty black and white with their scheduled tasks." Tanner paused and then shook her head, internally chastising herself, "Apologies for my assumption. So many years on a starship you forget that there can be other options. With so many various businesses, there are other 'shifts' one can be on."

[ Starbase Lift C ]

"You're right. I am trying to catch a friend who owns a bar on the Promenade. I have something planed and wanted to finalize details to use her bar for it. I'm Molly by the way," Molly said extending a hand. If she was going to properly thank the person who helped her, she would need a name. It was nice that she bumped into someone who was StarFleet and not just a civilian. Though she did like talking with them, it was good to also have someone who knew shop to a degree."I do hope Leanna is free. I heard her daughter was coming to the base... Maybe I should ask Leanna about what she likes. I think a present would be just the thing to welcome her here," Molly thought while she waited for a response.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Puzzles, Tritter family quarters, random restaurant on Promenande]

Quote from: Naira on December 26, 2017, 08:36:22 PM

[Puzzles]

Naira carefully studied the face of the Commander's husband as she shook his hand. "I know you, we've met before." She had to rack her brain for a moment to remember the exact time and place, but then it came to her. She remembered his calm demeanor. She remembered how well he worked with the children. Then, there was the memory of watching him run down the long corridor towards the escape pod as he led the other civilians before him. "You were taken by The Collector's ship. You helped rescue all those kids while I was trying to disable the ship from the inside and contact the Columbus. How have you and your family been? You have two kids, right? I think they were younger than my girls."

Ryan nodded slightly, he did remember, but he figured it had been a while, so he figured such what was a proper protocol. He than nodded slightly once she spoke, as she pretty much hit the nail on the proverbial head. Ryan took a moment before he replied with, "Yes, we have two children, our daughter, Ashley is six and our son, Christopher is four. They are doing well, things have been a bit rough as of late, but such is improving" A few moments later, a Lieutenant approached the pair. She would than offered a PADD to the Executive Officer. She than stated, "Sir, a shipment has arrived for your personal attention, they are where you requested it"

Tritter than reviewed the PADD, he than grinned at Ryan and said "Come with me, Honey" Ryan pondered for a moment, he was curious what his Husband was up to, but it was a bit late to not tag along. Ryan nodded as Tritter thanked the Lieutenant, he grabbed Ryan's left hand and lead him to the cargo area that they had set aside with the levitating sled. Once they walked in, Ryan looked at the delivery and than looked curiously at Michael, "You are absolutely insane" To which, Michael laughed and ruffled Ryan's hair, "Thats what you love me honey" Ryan laughed and than went up to their "shipment" He than proceeded to run his right hand over the animals back. The animal looked at him with a bit of a dirty look. Ryan laughed and shook his head, his Husband was a bit crazy.

He than looked towards Michael and said "I guess you wanted to go for the real thing huh?" Tritter chuckled and said, "Yes, indeed, although these were not easy to get" Ryan nodded and said "I'm sure it was not" Ryan took a moment and than counted them "Eight of them, all we need is to paint a red nose on one" Tritter looked at Ryan and said "Thats all you, if you want to get beat up"  Ryan laughed and said "I guess we ought to hitch them up", even though he had zero idea how to do it, but he was fairly mechanically inclined and knew how things went together or came apart from looking at it. He wasn't in a hurry to rush it, as they didn't have to actually do anything with them until tomorrow, he was comftorable with just bonding with the animals.

Tritter than stated, "We should grab the kids at some point too" Ryan smiled a bit and said "Yes, you are right" Tritter than made his way over towards Ryan and proceeded to run a large hand down the animal's neck, they seemed... antsy as he petted them, the animals were keen on emotions and it was as if they could pick up on the man's past that was deeply buried. He seemed strangely gentle and kind to the animals as he pet them, there wasn't much he was soft towards, but animals were one of those things. Ryan would proceed to check their feed and water before he than looked towards Tritter, "Ready to go get the kids?"

Michael nodded and said, "Yes" He would than offer his right hand to his Husband, who would take it and place his inside of it, he than followed Tritter to the family quarters, the kids were asleep and neither wanted to bother them, their kids could handle themselves for the most part, at least for a few hours. Tritter than looked towards Ryan, he smiled slightly and made his way towards his oldest, who he found asleep in her bed. He kneeled down and kissed the young girl on the forehead, while quietly whispering her name, the young girl stirred and than hugged her Dad tight, she took a moment before she said "Daddy, we missed you" He than replied with "I missed you all terribly" He than scooped up the young girl, and held her tight, he than said "You are never going anywhere long term without me again" She curled up into his chest and closed her eyes, "That would be nice"

He held her tight, he had missed her terribly and there was nothing that mattered more than having his family back together. He than said "Let's get your brother honey" He would than rise to his feet, he than held her tight to him, he looked towards Ryan, he smiled slightly and than went to his Son, he than did the same when waking his young son, which largely had garnered the same reaction, he than took both of them back towards Ryan, he knew the two young kids were hungry, as they hadn't eaten yet since the flight out.

He knew to avoid Puzzles since the Klingons were there, and the last he wanted to do was bust skills infront of his children, but the Starbase was full of other places to go. He would proceed to make his way to a place on the other side of the Promenade, quiet and reserved, which wasn't a place of... drama like Puzzles often ended up being. The kids would take a seat, followed by the men, Tritter sat next to their son, and Ryan sat next to their daughter.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Puzzles]

She smiled at the bartender as he approached. "I'll just take a water, but I think General's table would probably like some more bloodwine and the freshest Klingon food you make, I don't think they are very picky at the moment." She reached behind her to point out the table for the man, but she had a feeling that with how boisterous they were, she probably needn't to.

"Yes, he is celebrating tonight," Her words trailed off. Naira, who had remained staring off at that distant table after pointing it out to the bartender, until this time, turned around.

She wasn't sure if it was more or less unsettling to see the admiral relaxing against the bar and taking in a drink. Certainly, he stood as a stark contrast to the General, but he always seemed so strict and rigid when she had worked here that she almost couldn't image him being the type to drink in a bar in front of others. When he asked if she'd join him for a drink, she had to shake her head.

"I'm sorry admiral, it will just have to be water for me. I don't drink."

When the waiter came by with kabobs, she again had to turn them down.

[/i]Everything smells too strong.[/i]

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on December 26, 2017, 10:39:22 PM

[Location: Puzzles, Tritter family quarters, random restaurant on Promenande]

Ryan nodded slightly, he did remember, but he figured it had been a while, so he figured such what was a proper protocol. He than nodded slightly once she spoke, as she pretty much hit the nail on the proverbial head. Ryan took a moment before he replied with, "Yes, we have two children, our daughter, Ashley is six and our son, Christopher is four. They are doing well, things have been a bit rough as of late, but such is improving" A few moments later, a Lieutenant approached the pair. She would than offered a PADD to the Executive Officer. She than stated, "Sir, a shipment has arrived for your personal attention, they are where you requested it"

Tritter than reviewed the PADD, he than grinned at Ryan and said "Come with me, Honey" Ryan pondered for a moment, he was curious what his Husband was up to, but it was a bit late to not tag along. Ryan nodded as Tritter thanked the Lieutenant, he grabbed Ryan's left hand and lead him to the cargo area that they had set aside with the levitating sled. Once they walked in, Ryan looked at the delivery and than looked curiously at Michael, "You are absolutely insane" To which, Michael laughed and ruffled Ryan's hair, "Thats what you love me honey" Ryan laughed and than went up to their "shipment" He than proceeded to run his right hand over the animals back. The animal looked at him with a bit of a dirty look. Ryan laughed and shook his head, his Husband was a bit crazy.

He than looked towards Michael and said "I guess you wanted to go for the real thing huh?" Tritter chuckled and said, "Yes, indeed, although these were not easy to get" Ryan nodded and said "I'm sure it was not" Ryan took a moment and than counted them "Eight of them, all we need is to paint a red nose on one" Tritter looked at Ryan and said "Thats all you, if you want to get beat up"  Ryan laughed and said "I guess we ought to hitch them up", even though he had zero idea how to do it, but he was fairly mechanically inclined and knew how things went together or came apart from looking at it. He wasn't in a hurry to rush it, as they didn't have to actually do anything with them until tomorrow, he was comftorable with just bonding with the animals.

Tritter than stated, "We should grab the kids at some point too" Ryan smiled a bit and said "Yes, you are right" Tritter than made his way over towards Ryan and proceeded to run a large hand down the animal's neck, they seemed... antsy as he petted them, the animals were keen on emotions and it was as if they could pick up on the man's past that was deeply buried. He seemed strangely gentle and kind to the animals as he pet them, there wasn't much he was soft towards, but animals were one of those things. Ryan would proceed to check their feed and water before he than looked towards Tritter, "Ready to go get the kids?"

Michael nodded and said, "Yes" He would than offer his right hand to his Husband, who would take it and place his inside of it, he than followed Tritter to the family quarters, the kids were asleep and neither wanted to bother them, their kids could handle themselves for the most part, at least for a few hours. Tritter than looked towards Ryan, he smiled slightly and made his way towards his oldest, who he found asleep in her bed. He kneeled down and kissed the young girl on the forehead, while quietly whispering her name, the young girl stirred and than hugged her Dad tight, she took a moment before she said "Daddy, we missed you" He than replied with "I missed you all terribly" He than scooped up the young girl, and held her tight, he than said "You are never going anywhere long term without me again" She curled up into his chest and closed her eyes, "That would be nice"

He held her tight, he had missed her terribly and there was nothing that mattered more than having his family back together. He than said "Let's get your brother honey" He would than rise to his feet, he than held her tight to him, he looked towards Ryan, he smiled slightly and than went to his Son, he than did the same when waking his young son, which largely had garnered the same reaction, he than took both of them back towards Ryan, he knew the two young kids were hungry, as they hadn't eaten yet since the flight out.

He knew to avoid Puzzles since the Klingons were there, and the last he wanted to do was bust skills infront of his children, but the Starbase was full of other places to go. He would proceed to make his way to a place on the other side of the Promenade, quiet and reserved, which wasn't a place of... drama like Puzzles often ended up being. The kids would take a seat, followed by the men, Tritter sat next to their son, and Ryan sat next to their daughter.

[Puzzles]

As more introductions were made, Adeyemi focused on his food. He resolved to have one pint, just the one, and get back to work. He had done his duty, rubbed elbows with a few of his subordinates...well, other high ranking officers. He'd be damned if T'Vol was going to guilt him into associating with junior officers or junior enlisted.

Analyn was approaching the group fretfully. The little girl managed to look shy, for once. She held up her hand to Adeyemi, who took it without question. He frowned and wriggled his fingers: her hand was sticky with something.

"Mack Á¢â,¬ËœEm?" She asked in her whispery cute voice. Her hazel eyes were locked on the men as they departed. "Your friend...he was big.

The admiral had a dazzling smile when he chose to show it: very white teeth, brown eyes alight and all weariness and discipline gone from his face. It wasn't the strong beer, either. He liked Analyn's frank  honestly and her inexperience. As quickly as it came, however, the smile was gone.

"Scan your internal database, Analyn. You know Commander Tritter." He said in his accented voice.

"Twitter." Analyn giggled. She turned to the back other Tritter, the husband, and said, "I wish he'd have stayed. I don't know him. Do you think he likes animals? My favorite is either a seahorse, or...a targ. I can't decide which. Mack Á¢â,¬ËœEm, why did Twitter call that other man Á¢â,¬Ëœhoney'?"

"Uhhh..." Adeyemi had been in more battles, street brawls, and ready room show downs than he cared to count. But this wasn't a question he wanted to answer. Instead, years of Starfleet training paid off. The admiral smoothly said, "Ask Naira. She's a woman of the world, Analyn. She has children. Ask her."

The little artificial intelligence's eyes widened at the Orion, silently asking the same question.

Naira

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on December 26, 2017, 10:47:46 PM

[Puzzles]

As more introductions were made, Adeyemi focused on his food. He resolved to have one pint, just the one, and get back to work. He had done his duty, rubbed elbows with a few of his subordinates...well, other high ranking officers. He'd be damned if T'Vol was going to guilt him into associating with junior officers or junior enlisted.

Analyn was approaching the group fretfully. The little girl managed to look shy, for once. She held up her hand to Adeyemi, who took it without question. He frowned and wriggled his fingers: her hand was sticky with something.

"Mack Á¢â,¬ËœEm?" She asked in her whispery cute voice. Her hazel eyes were locked on the men as they departed. "Your friend...he was big.

The admiral had a dazzling smile when he chose to show it: very white teeth, brown eyes alight and all weariness and discipline gone from his face. It wasn't the strong beer, either. He liked Analyn's frank  honestly and her inexperience. As quickly as it came, however, the smile was gone.

"Scan your internal database, Analyn. You know Commander Tritter." He said in his accented voice.

"Twitter." Analyn giggled. She turned to the back other Tritter, the husband, and said, "I wish he'd have stayed. I don't know him. Do you think he likes animals? My favorite is either a seahorse, or...a targ. I can't decide which. Mack Á¢â,¬ËœEm, why did Twitter call that other man Á¢â,¬Ëœhoney'?"

"Uhhh..." Adeyemi had been in more battles, street brawls, and ready room show downs than he cared to count. But this wasn't a question he wanted to answer. Instead, years of Starfleet training paid off. The admiral smoothly said, "Ask Naira. She's a woman of the world, Analyn. She has children. Ask her."

The little artificial intelligence's eyes widened at the Orion, silently asking the same question.

[Puzzles]

Naira watched the two men leave hand in hand as the little AI ran up to greet her and the admiral. It brought a smile to her face hearing the adorable way her program still mispronounced words just like a young child. At first, Naira had assumed that it was the result of her systems working through the database as it attempted to correct any errors, but now she was thinking that it may be yet another quirk of her unique personality. It spoke highly of the admiral's character that he let her remain in her child-like state rather than force a correction of her initial integration failure.

However, in leaving her that way, she had a tendency to ask seemingly innocent questions that often made others uncomfortable. Now being one of those times. While Naira had no qualms discussing the topic in depth, even with a child, it was clear the way the admiral seemed to hesitate and throw the question towards her.

Naira squatted down to crouch at eye level with the girl. "I'm sure your database has told you that honey is a sticky, sweet substance made by bees and used to sweeten many Earth dishes, but, from what I've observed, honey is also a colloquial term that humans tend to call members of their families or those they are sleeping with."

Unlike the admiral, Naira had been raised in a brothel, she bought the freedom of her children off the slave market, if there was one topic she wasn't shy to discuss with others, this was it.

"A targ is a much better animal. Every child should grow up with one." With all the noise going on in the establishment, Naira hadn't heard the General approach. He stood behind her, rocking a bit on his feet and smiled as he watched the exchange. 

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles]

[Puzzles]

Seamus smiled back when Naira asked for a water before mentioning that the General's table would probably like some more bloodwine and the freshest Klingon food that they made and grinned when she then said that they might not be picky at the moment. Leanna always made sure that they catered for all of their customers and Gagh amongst other dishes has proved to be popular over the last couple of days. He also thought it would be interesting to see if his boss would give it a try then again she seemed a lot happier than she had been lately and hoped she was back to her normal bubbly self.

" One water coming right up and I'll make sure that the General's table gets more bloodwine and some Klingon dishes" He replied pouring a glass of water for the Doctor and set it down on the counter as the General approached. Seamus then moved off for a moment to speak with the Kitchen before sending Maggie out with the bloodwine.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Naira on December 27, 2017, 03:02:56 AM

[Puzzles]

Naira watched the two men leave hand in hand as the little AI ran up to greet her and the admiral. It brought a smile to her face hearing the adorable way her program still mispronounced words just like a young child. At first, Naira had assumed that it was the result of her systems working through the database as it attempted to correct any errors, but now she was thinking that it may be yet another quirk of her unique personality. It spoke highly of the admiral's character that he let her remain in her child-like state rather than force a correction of her initial integration failure.

However, in leaving her that way, she had a tendency to ask seemingly innocent questions that often made others uncomfortable. Now being one of those times. While Naira had no qualms discussing the topic in depth, even with a child, it was clear the way the admiral seemed to hesitate and throw the question towards her.

Naira squatted down to crouch at eye level with the girl. "I'm sure your database has told you that honey is a sticky, sweet substance made by bees and used to sweeten many Earth dishes, but, from what I've observed, honey is also a colloquial term that humans tend to call members of their families or those they are sleeping with."

Unlike the admiral, Naira had been raised in a brothel, she bought the freedom of her children off the slave market, if there was one topic she wasn't shy to discuss with others, this was it.

"A targ is a much better animal. Every child should grow up with one." With all the noise going on in the establishment, Naira hadn't heard the General approach. He stood behind her, rocking a bit on his feet and smiled as he watched the exchange.

[Puzzles]

Analyn was nonplussed. The words didn't mean much to her, but the fact that two men were holding hands and close didn't seem to be a strange concept to the girl.

Adeyemi, in stark contrast, was looking uncomfortable with the topic at hand. He was trying to power through his beer, and look at ease. He wasn't succeeding in either.

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on December 27, 2017, 04:05:00 AM

[Puzzles]

Seamus smiled back when Naira asked for a water before mentioning that the General's table would probably like some more bloodwine and the freshest Klingon food that they made and grinned when she then said that they might not be picky at the moment. Leanna always made sure that they catered for all of their customers and Gagh amongst other dishes has proved to be popular over the last couple of days. He also thought it would be interesting to see if his boss would give it a try then again she seemed a lot happier than she had been lately and hoped she was back to her normal bubbly self.

" One water coming right up and I'll make sure that the General's table gets more bloodwine and some Klingon dishes" He replied pouring a glass of water for the Doctor and set it down on the counter as the General approached. Seamus then moved off for a moment to speak with the Kitchen before sending Maggie out with the bloodwine.

[Puzzles]

When the waiter appeared Adeyemi had his mouth full of meat. It made a curious whoofing sound when the admiral tried to speak. He wanted to snag Seamus and talk to him for a bit: the bartender was a big wrestling and martial arts fan and Adeyemi needed the distraction.  The man was quickly off, however, doing his job.

"I think a targ is better, too. They're cute and sniffly and make funny noises." Analyn was saying. Absently she had again taken Naira's hands, having wriggled away from Adeyemi. The little hologram who could compute countless equations per second intrinsically liked the Orion woman. "But seahorses swim and BOY seahorses give birth. That's good because I don't want to give birth. It sounds icky.

Adeyemi was so uneasy with the topic at hand that he heavily said to Yoduk, "General, how are you enjoying our holiday? Did you have a chance to read the holy Bible I gave you?"

Kyan Mackenzie

:: SBC Promenade | Puzzles ::

After the crowd dispersed with no further bitching and moaning about him fighting a Klingon, Kyan hopped back down on his barstool. He was a little perplexed. Usually the brass grups always wanted to wag their uppity fingers in one's face and scold them for such things. Maybe it was because he hadn't actually struck the Klingon. Maybe they just didn't care about petty little scraps. It was definitely something that he'd need to investigate at some point.

Leanna's staff had taken the Klingon out from behind the bar and deposited him at a nearby table. He was still in a stupor though, and not completely conscious. Kyan down the last of his blood wine and meandered over to him. Recognition flashed in the drunken/concussed warrior's eyes, but he wasn't in a position to do much.

"It's quiet I'd have you whilst I'm speakin, because Oi'll be speakin quiet the now." he whispered. "My name is Kyan Mackenzie. Lieutenant Commander Kyan Mackenzie, of the Clan Mackenzie. Oi live 'ere so I do, on this station and am in charge of security. So y'see, I cannae have folks loik yerself runnin amok, attackin people at holiday parties. It's bad fer me. It's bad fer yous as well on account of the fact that I knocked yer big arse out without layin so much as a finger on ye. There's nae honor in such a foight, the sadness of it. None fer me and none for yous an no mistake. So here's what Oi'll do. You come see me when the blood wine isn't causin ye tae be forgetting yer manners. We can foight again then if ye wish."

He clapped the big man on the back and stood on his tip toes to whisper in his ear. "That's a Yule gift from me tae you so it is. But ye'll be wantin tae git roight with yer own gods before you show up. Because you're a roigh pitiful foighter ye are. Ask em for some pointers."

As he was whispering in the Klingon's ear, Kyan also relieved him of his knife, which Leanna's people had kindly resheathed. "An Oi'll have this, so as to keep ye from waving it about loik an imbecile.

The drunken Klingon's only reply was a grunt as he plopped his head down onto the polished surface of the tabletop.

With that bit of business tended, Kyan looked out over the place. The Admiral and his folk were still chatting, but Commander Tritter and his friend had taken their leave. He'd noticed them holding hands before, which meant that they were a pairing. Kyan didn't care about romantic pairings though, being to "young" for such nonesense. That was a headache for grups to endure on their own and they were welcome to it. He decided now to go over and say hello to Leanna, whom he hadn't seen since she was beamed away on Shotaka. She appeared much improved since then, having been unconscious and all.

He walked back over to the bar where she was working. "Merry Met again Miss Leanna! Happy Yule!" he smiled up at her. "And it's much better ye be lookin the now, than ye were last I saw ya."

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on December 27, 2017, 05:56:32 AM

:: SBC Promenade | Puzzles ::
He walked back over to the bar where she was working. "Merry Met again Miss Leanna! Happy Yule!" he smiled up at her. "And it's much better ye be lookin the now, than ye were last I saw ya."

[Puzzles]

Leanna was still very much enjoying being amongst the Klingons joining in with their songs and her new found appreciation for blood wine not to mention the affection she was receiving from Deg'arf and hadn't forgotten what he wanted to do to her. Hopefully with the General leaving the table to rejoin Naira who had been talking with the Admiral, the AI Analyn and the Tritters, they might be able to leave like he had planned until Maggie came over carrying more blood wine and whispered in her ear that she was needed at the bar.

Promising her new Klingon Amour that she wouldn't be long, she kissed him briefly biting his lip gently before following Maggie back to the bar. Going behind the counter to speak with Seamus who had informed her of an issue in the Kitchen, giving instructions and her agreement in dealing with it before her attention was caught by Commander Mackenzie.

Smiling as he spoke to her before replying to him. " Happy Yule to you too Commander and thank you, if it wasn't for you and Rixxy well I wouldn't be here right now " she replied " I also wouldn't of met Deg'arf either so again thank you for everything and is there anything I can get for you at all?" she asked thinking it was the least she could do before rejoining the others.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Operations]

Lieutenant Commander Daorn loved Christmas. It might seem odd that a grumpy Tellarite so enjoyed a human holiday so saccharine. But something about the overindulgence and the seamy underbelly of sadness, aggressiveness, and conflict that always came with Christmas appealed to him. In fact, the Department Head was wearing a Santa Claus hat during his bridge shift, much to the amusement of his colleagues.

"Anything on sensors?" He asked, swiveling his piglike face towards the skeleton crew that was missing out on the party.

"Negative, commander." Ross was a swarthy, handsome human with glossy black hair who always looked as if he needed a shave. He was also Jewish, and while he wasn't religious in the slightest he didn't grow up with Christmas. His name was regularly on the volunteer list to take shifts during Christian holidays, and his fellow junior officers appreciated it. "They're still cleaning up from the freighter collision a few days ago."

Daorn nodded. Earlier in the week two freighters had collided, spilling out their cargoes. Unfortunately, self sealing stem bolts were small and numerous. The resulting salvage operation had been painful to coordinate.

"Ross, let's get a--"

Two miniature Christmas elves entered Operations. Both were carrying silver trays with domes. Daorn smiled broadly.

"Well, now," He said in a deep Tellarite basso rumble. "This is a welcome gift. We could use some Christmas refreshment. Come in."

The elves weren't wearing what Daorn would consider regular Christmas costumes. They were glossy black leather. Instead of bells on their slippers and hats there were razors. Their skin was blue, the faces were all knobby chins, jutting cheekbones and sharp, twisted teeth. And their eyes were a smoking, blood red that emerged from deep sockets.

"I thought this was Christmas, not Halloween." Daorn said, confused.

"Commander, these are holograms. Someone is playing a sick joke." Ross had his tricorder out and was scanning the pair of dark elves.

"Seems in bad taste for the holiday." The Tellarite acknowledged. "Find out who sent them."

"Commander...they're armed. Those are real phasers under those trays." Ross sounded awed and more than a little scared.

" =/\= Computer, end program. =/\= " Daorn said sharply.

Nothing happened. Simultaneously, each elf dramatically flung away the domes of their trays to reveal phasers, and began firing.

"Down!" Ross and Daorn yelled.

A science crewman was too slow to hit the deck. She took a phaser hit full in the chest and slumped against the bulkhead, her torso a smoldering ruin.

[Starbase Colmbus - Promenade]

An army of the dark elves began to flood into the crowded Promenade, some of them armed with stolen phasers and others simply wielding their razor hats. Screams that sounded less than seasonal joy began to fill the packed area.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.