Columbus Stories 1.4 - 'Twas A Very Columbus Christmas

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, December 14, 2017, 05:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyan Mackenzie

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on December 19, 2017, 10:32:48 AM

[Puzzles]
Pissed off Klingon

The Klingons who had laughed at the young officer were now laughing with him. K'vor even chuckled to himself. However, one Klingon was not laughing.

"You dare to insult my mother? Hab SoSlI' Quch! Qu'vatlh."

In rage, he threw his tankard to the wall. As well as several chairs. They in turn knocked several Klingons into each other, who in turn blamed their companions for spilling their blood wine onto them. And before anyone could say 'Va' several fights were breaking out. K'vor noticed a female Klingon who was doing her best to ignore everything going on around her and continue serving drinks. He felt she looked familiar.

"STAND boy. You shall face me as you meet your end."

He said, taking out his d'k tahg.

This was an expected scenario, and had already gone several ways in Kyan's head. He was still on the first incarnation, wherein he insulted the poor Bek's "honor" until he flew off the handle and threw himself into an embarrassing situation. Kyan smiled cheerfully up at the man.

"S'good yer finally finished being a coward." he laughed. "I've forgotten the next verse tae me song you see, so there's a bit of sadness for you, not getting yer full and complete family history lesson." Then he smiled up at the much taller man. "Also, Oi'd nearly decided ye were a extra ugly Ferengi so I 'ad." He took a long, deliberately casual drink, making a show of focusing on his tankard in so doing. He was waiting for the man to get just the right amount of furious. "Twas thinking yer well traveled mother might'a spent some toime on Ferenginar bout nine months before takin the shite that produced ya, was my theory, the which is yet tae be disproven."

And that did the trick. A roar/growl/howl emanated from the Bek's throat as he swiped at Kyan with a downward right to left stroke that did manage to catch his shirt as he sprang up from his seat. Kyan landed feet first in a crouch on the bar top, kicking his tankard at the Klingon's face, where what was left of the viscous beverage ended up, at once blinding him for a second, but also sending him to a new level of pissed. He lunged again for the boy but Kyan grabbed a lighting fixture and pulled his legs up, sending the enraged Warrior careening over the bar. He'd have jumped on him and continued the affair but another Klingon caught his eye.

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on December 19, 2017, 10:32:48 AM

"YIMEV! What Petaq dares to disturb us?"

They began punching people and laughing in the way only Klingons could. He did not care what had started the fights, nor care about why or who. Deg'arf was simply not going to allow such behavior occur in an establishment owned by the lovely Leanna.

"Aye that'd be yer friend back there the now behind the bar. Got 'is little feelings hurt and had a go at me, the which me may be regretting, or would have had you not interrupted. Speaking of that, who the hell are ya? You wanna foight too?" Kyan eyeballed the older Klingon as he kept his eye on the one behind the bar, who had yet to move.

Auzual Knox

[Puzzles]
Deg'arf

The Klingon fighting the young officer had not expected to be caught off balance nor flung over the bar. He was furious and was about to get himself up when multiple shelves and their contents came crashing down onto him, knocking him out.

K'vor lifted his blood wine to the young officer and nodded approval.

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on December 19, 2017, 06:07:03 PM

"Aye that'd be yer friend back there the now behind the bar. Got 'is little feelings hurt and had a go at me, the which me may be regretting, or would have had you not interrupted. Speaking of that, who the hell are ya? You wanna foight too?" Kyan eyeballed the older Klingon as he kept his eye on the one behind the bar, who had yet to move.

He laughed loudly as he looked over the bar and pointed to his companions to come.

"I see. Yes, he is overly sensitive."

As to the challenge, he knew there was no sense accepting unless it would have added to the exquisite Klingon-style foreplay that had just occurred and he did not want to spoil it by simply defeating a boy.

"You are not without skill. Another time."

As another StarFleet officer came closer, the situation began to calm down.

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on December 19, 2017, 04:11:56 PM

"It should go without saying, but if you lot attempt to get too rowdy, the reminder you will get from me that we run this base won't be too much fun. News tends to spread quickly when a Human sends a Klingon to sickbay with broken bones. I am sure your honor will be plenty bruised" He than turned his gaze to another one of the Klingons, "In fact, on your last visit, I broke your arm"

"That Petaq behind bar should go to your brig. Or perhaps waking up in Sickbay would be more damaging. What your will. K'vor take care of this."

He then turned to his right.

"And, you. I shall talk to you later."

Nothing more was going to distract or disrupt his perfect evening with the beautiful Leanna. It had been too long since he had felt the warmth and touch of a gentle woman. He intensely locked eyes with her and walked purposefully towards her, wiping the blood (not his), sweat and stray long hair (his) from his brow. When the woman was finally in his grasp, without saying a word he lifted her up into his arms, turned and began walking out of Puzzles. His men cheered and raised their tankards.

"QAPLA!"

At that very same moment, a small eclectic group were entering.

General Yoduk

"DEG'ARRRRFFFFFF! Where are you going man? CHHHHHH'POK! Where are you? Come. Celebrate with us. My son! Haa haaa haaaaa. The Glorious Naira. Come! Now!"

He began to kick the broken furniture out of the way in order for his party to get to the bar. For some reason the disarray and chaos went unnoticed by the General. He was either too happy or too used to bar brawls. With a slam, he placed his new book on the bar.

"Blood wine! And, Admiral? What does your God like you to drink?"

Taking Naira's hands and kissing her cheeks, he soberly and quietly asked -

"What would you like? What is good for you in your condition, my love? Tell me, I shall get you anything you want and need."

He looked over and noticed Ch'pok, waving his hand to get him to join them.

"CH'POK! Join us. Now. Bring your friend."

Slapping the Admiral on the back, adding -

"Today is a good day. A great day. We honor this day. And, we shall drink."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on December 19, 2017, 07:32:35 PM

[Puzzles]
Deg'arf

The Klingon fighting the young officer had not expected to be caught off balance nor flung over the bar. He was furious and was about to get himself up when multiple shelves and their contents came crashing down onto him, knocking him out.

He laughed loudly as he looked over the bar and pointed to his companions to come.

As to the challenge, he knew there was no sense accepting unless it would have added to the exquisite Klingon-style foreplay that had just occurred and he did not want to spoil it by simply defeating a boy.

"That Petaq behind bar should go to your brig. Or perhaps waking up in Sickbay would be more damaging. What your will. K'vor take care of this."

Nothing more was going to distract or disrupt his perfect evening with the beautiful Leanna. It had been too long since he had felt the warmth and touch of a gentle woman. He intensely locked eyes with her and walked purposefully towards her, wiping the blood (not his), sweat and stray long hair (his) from his brow. When the woman was finally in his grasp, without saying a word he lifted her up into his arms, turned and began walking out of Puzzles. His men cheered and raised their tankards.

[Puzzles]

More members of her staff had hurried over to her as the fight continued each knowing what they needed to do until Commander Tritter stepped in and ended it. She was grateful to the XO for doing so even though she knew Deg'arf was handling it in true Klingon style. Now it was over she got a better look at the broken furniture also spotting Commander Mackenzie amongst the Klingons and was a little surprised but as usual now that this had happened it was time to get back to normal and not mention it anymore.

Seamus, Maggie and a couple of others began removing the broken furniture replacing it with the spares kept in the storage area after all this wasn't the first time they had dealt with fights or Klingons being involved. Looking away from her team as Deg'arf walked purposefully towards her, his intense stare sending pleasant goosebumps down her spine. Knowing that there was no need for words as he then picked her up in his strong arms and began walking out of the bar. Her focus only one him as she barely registered the cheers until he was called by the General and she looked into his eyes before speaking quietly.

" I think the General wants us to stay" she said " If we do I assure you that it will be worth the wait after all I'm Betazoid". Revealing what she was only seemed fair with what they were about to do and how more intense and special it would be bringing him into her mind.

Derek Black

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on December 18, 2017, 07:31:21 PM

Ops

Knox opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it again and simply nodded.

"Well, I extended my hours due to not wanting to bump into the person who has matching dental records to those markings. What is your excuse?"

She wondered why he had never followed up with her offer to go to Puzzles and catch up during the away mission on Shotaka. The last time Knox had seen him, he was but a boy of seven years old! A lot had changed in that time. Knox was now, well herself. And he had been married. She hoped that his divorce had not been too painful.

"How about rubbing alcohol instead of corophizine?"

[Ops]

"Well somebody's got to stay sober and mother everyone in the morning." Derek replied with mock sternness, leaning against a nearby console. He stifled a yawn, glancing at the chronometer. "I reckon we'll be running the traditional hangover parade in eight hours, and it's been a fair number of years since I was on the receiving end."

"Counteroffer. How about you come down for your shot, and as a reward, you can have a lollipop? I tend to serve mine on the rocks." Derek raised a suggestive eyebrow, nodding towards the PADDs. "You can even bring those if you'd like. I promise not to peek."

Felicity Ellis

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on December 18, 2017, 07:31:21 PM

[Puzzles]
Ch'pok

"Qapla."

A slight smile flickered in the corner of his lips. Flick amused him. (It was the first time in months that he had felt amused.)

"It is complicated."

Ch'pok wondered how to answer the question. Technically, they had only spent several days in each other's company. And for most of that time, they were not talking. Nor wearing any clothing. Then he wondered why he was being asked so many questions.

Ahhhhhhh I see.

"A counselor. I see."

He refilled both of their glasses, emptying the bottle and gesturing for another. Clearly, he wanted to continue the conversation, even if he were more the silent type.

[Puzzles]

"It often is," Felicity bemoaned when Ch'pok declared his relationship status 'complicated'. She thought about his previous comments regarding his lady's request to 'wait and see how things go'. "But she's worth the wait, I'd assume? Otherwise, you wouldn't be trying to drown her."

The whiskey was most certainly taking effect; the warm and fuzzy feeling was beginning to expand from her stomach, reaching out with comforting tendrils down her limbs. She was surprised, and would possibly be a little appalled had her mind been a little more sober, to learn that they'd successfully polished off an entire bottle of whiskey between them in such a short space of time. If she wasn't careful, she'd soon succumb to special Christmas sentimentalism.

"Yes, I am a counselor," she confirmed. "But worry not, I promise I won't try to crack open your skull to glimpse the goo inside."

Suddenly, a fight erupted in the bar. Had Felicity been paying attention and not enjoying the tÁƒªte-ÁƒÂ -tÁƒªte with her new Klingon friend so much she may have noticed it coming sooner. She eyed the ruckus surrounding them suspiciously. "Save the whiskey!" She clutched their new bottle to her chest protectively.

Once the din had died down she noticed the other Klingon at the bar calling for Ch'pok, a group of unusual individuals accompanying him, including one Admiral Adeyemi. "I think he's talking to you," she stage-whispered to Ch'pok, the bottle still clutched in her arms.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Michael J. Tritter

[Puzzles]
Deg'arf

"QAPLA!"

At that very same moment, a small eclectic group were entering.

General Yoduk

"DEG'ARRRRFFFFFF! Where are you going man? CHHHHHH'POK! Where are you? Come. Celebrate with us. My son! Haa haaa haaaaa. The Glorious Naira. Come! Now!"

He began to kick the broken furniture out of the way in order for his party to get to the bar. For some reason the disarray and chaos went unnoticed by the General. He was either too happy or too used to bar brawls. With a slam, he placed his new book on the bar.

"What would you like? What is good for you in your condition, my love? Tell me, I shall get you anything you want and need."

Tritter remained focused on the Klingon, he than said "Thats between you and the owner, or you can contact the Command Staff if something is wrong however, this behavior is not tolerated" The Executive Officer didn't mention he was part of the Command Staff, but had he been working, he would indicated that he was.

With that, he turned on a heel, he grabbed his Husband's hand and led them back to the couch they were sitting on and they proceeded to get comftorable.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Auzual Knox

[Puzzles]
Deg'arf

You shall not be able to sit for a week when I am done with ... General Yoduk?

"General. Of course."

He looked to the General and then to Leanna in his arms and then back again. His triumphant exit had not exactly gone to plan.

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on December 20, 2017, 03:21:46 AM

" I think the General wants us to stay" she said " If we do I assure you that it will be worth the wait after all I'm Betazoid". Revealing what she was only seemed fair with what they were about to do and how more intense and special it would be bringing him into her mind.

"I. What? Betazoid? Yes, my Queen."

Deg'arf knew that Betazoids did not make very good warriors, but certainly they made good lovers! And then remembered that they could read minds. At that point he could not stop himself. Unfortunately, for Leanna, he began to think about her unshaven, candle wax dripping onto skin, harnesses on her, Klingon love beads and vibrating Saturn rings.

He followed and placed Leanna down gracefully next to the General's Par Mach Kai and nodded to him.

[Puzzles]
Ch'pok

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on December 20, 2017, 06:31:36 AM

"It often is," Felicity bemoaned when Ch'pok declared his relationship status 'complicated'. She thought about his previous comments regarding his lady's request to 'wait and see how things go'. "But she's worth the wait, I'd assume? Otherwise, you wouldn't be trying to drown her."

"Yes, I am a counselor," she confirmed. "But worry not, I promise I won't try to crack open your skull to glimpse the goo inside."

"She is worth everything."

There was no denying it, the Klingon had well and truly fallen in love with Knox.

"Perhaps you should.

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on December 20, 2017, 06:31:36 AM

"Save the whiskey!" She clutched their new bottle to her chest protectively.

Once the din had died down she noticed the other Klingon at the bar calling for Ch'pok, a group of unusual individuals accompanying him, including one Admiral Adeyemi. "I think he's talking to you," she stage-whispered to Ch'pok, the bottle still clutched in her arms.

Ch'pok was still feeling depressed that he did not even feel like participating in the fight. But he was charmed by his drinking buddy.

"Yes, I believe he is. Come. And do not leave the whissss key behind."

Ch'pok took their glasses and a few moments later they were standing with the group.

"General. Doctor. Admiral. Analyn. Deg'arf. Leanna."

Ch'pok said, standing tall and nodding to both. He then attempted to take the bottle of whiskey from Flick and pushed her forward to introduce herself.

Ops

Knox continued to review her PADDs whilst Black answered.

Quote from: Derek Black on December 20, 2017, 03:53:41 AM

"Well somebody's got to stay sober and mother everyone in the morning." Derek replied with mock sternness, leaning against a nearby console. He stifled a yawn, glancing at the chronometer. "I reckon we'll be running the traditional hangover parade in eight hours, and it's been a fair number of years since I was on the receiving end."

"Counteroffer. How about you come down for your shot, and as a reward, you can have a lollipop? I tend to serve mine on the rocks." Derek raised a suggestive eyebrow, nodding towards the PADDs. "You can even bring those if you'd like. I promise not to peek."

She was pleasantly surprised by his offer and thought why not. She got up, walked to the turbo lift and turned to him.

"Very well then, Black. But, you are not sticking that shot of yours in my arse."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on December 20, 2017, 08:30:41 PM

[Puzzles]
Deg'arf

You shall not be able to sit for a week when I am done with ... General Yoduk?

"General. Of course."

He looked to the General and then to Leanna in his arms and then back again. His triumphant exit had not exactly gone to plan.

"I. What? Betazoid? Yes, my Queen."

Deg'arf knew that Betazoids did not make very good warriors, but certainly they made good lovers! And then remembered that they could read minds. At that point he could not stop himself. Unfortunately, for Leanna, he began to think about her unshaven, candle wax dripping onto skin, harnesses on her, Klingon love beads and vibrating Saturn rings.

He followed and placed Leanna down gracefully next to the General's Par Mach Kai and nodded to him.

[Puzzles]

After clearing away and replacing the broken chairs and tables, Leanna's staff quickly moved back behind the bar to deal with not only the mess but moved the unconscious Klingon out of the way propping him up on a nearby chair to the side of the bar until he was dealt with. Seamus knew Leanna wouldn't be too pleased with the loss of stock but as always in these situations it was sorted quickly and efficiently. Maggie then served the Klingon general with the blood wine that he had requested placing several bottles and glasses down onto the counter with a pleasant smile before saying to the assembled group. " Let me know if you need anything else"she said politely deciding not to go too far until everyone had ordered.

Leanna heard Deg'arf's thought and grinned before it registered with him that the general was there and that she had spoken.Then came the realisation of what she was, loving his comment of calling her his Queen and grinned wickedly when he couldn't stop himself and began thinking of what he wanted to do to her. Having no issue with what he had planned and part of her wished that they could leave but knew that they couldn't with the General being there.

Leaning down to whisper " You can still have your triumphant exit and when we do leave, you can do all that you thought of to me" she said before he then placed her gracefully next to Naira who she was happy to see. " It's good to see you Commander" she said politely as she kept close to Deg'arf then acknowledged the others who were with them.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Naira on December 19, 2017, 12:31:59 PM

[Chapel]

Naira smiled as the tiny AI girl ran over to greet her. She lowered herself into a squatting position so  the two of them could see eye to eye. In the months she had been away, she had grown to miss the little hologram. No longer was she awoken in the early morning hours by her chipper stories of every little thing that had happened on the station since Naira had gone to bed. Now, whenever a replication sent out a wrong order or the showers didn't work properly, it was a maintenance issue and not a little girl trying to play a joke or improve things to her liking.

"Hello Analyn," she said as she accepted part of the candy offered. She found it endearing the way the admiral treated the little girl like a real child. She was unsure how or even if Analyn could eat her treat, but it was sweet that they went through the effort of trying to include her in such a way.

"Yes, come celebrate with us," the general tucked the book under his arm and gave the man a hearty slap on the back. "I think I remember your Christmas. That is the one you celebrate your god's son. This is perfect, we will drink, feast, sing a great many songs of our victories and celebrate our sons together."

He turned to look at Naira huddled over next to Analyn as the two of them quietly whispered in the corned. He was beaming with pride.

"We should hurry before the good wine is gone."

[Puzzles]

Adeyemi had not been to this pub before. In fact, he seldom frequented many recreational locations on the station. And he could see why upon first entering.

Analyn immediately scampered off towards a dessert cart that had been set up. The little girl's half run, half skip set off her slipper's bells to jangling like mad. She took a plate and began forming a small mountain of food

Adeyemi snagged a pint of ale from the bar, silently thanking God that there wasn't only punch and champagne. He dipped his nose into the foam and took a bracing swing. He had a feeling he would need it.

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on December 18, 2017, 06:53:57 PM

[Location: Storage area, Starbase Columbus]

Once the two men ended the hug, Tritter than said, "Come with me honey" He proceeded to offer the other man his left hand, once they took it, he than led his Husband to the Promenade, he was eager for some down time, and he knew the places to hang out at to avoid the crowds that often developed, as neither man was a fan. Tritter looked around for an area that they could hang out at quietly, he found an area within the Bar itself that was a bit secluded and out of the way from the Klingon shenanigans, he wasn't in the mood for a fight with one more of them.

Tritter ordered a beer for himself, and his Husband was content with a ginger ale. The men were sitting on a couch next to each-other, Tritter had wrapped his right arm around his Husband. He was focusing on the events around him, he kept his eyes out for the safety of both of them, he felt it was his duty to keep them safe. A few minutes later, the waiter dropped off the requested drinks, Tritter thanked the waiter for the drinks. Ryan than shifted a bit and grabbed his drink, proceeding to idly drink it, while relaxing. Tritter grabbed the beer, proceeded to easily twist the cap off and he was content to simply take his time with the fancy Germanic named beer. The two men were silent, but enjoyed the company of each-other.

[Puzzles]

"Gentlemen," The admiral said as he approached the pair. "I hope I'm not intruding."

Adeyemi had immediately noticed that the two men had secluded themselves at the bar. That was fine by him. He wasn't one for raucous crowds.

"Merry Christmas, Commander." He said. "Merry Christmas, Ryan."

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on December 21, 2017, 07:22:38 AM

[Puzzles]

Adeyemi had not been to this pub before. In fact, he seldom frequented many recreational locations on the station. And he could see why upon first entering.

Analyn immediately scampered off towards a dessert cart that had been set up. The little girl's half run, half skip set off her slipper's bells to jangling like mad. She took a plate and began forming a small mountain of food

Adeyemi snagged a pint of ale from the bar, silently thanking God that there wasn't only punch and champagne. He dipped his nose into the foam and took a bracing swing. He had a feeling he would need it.

[Puzzles]

"Gentlemen," The admiral said as he approached the pair. "I hope I'm not intruding."

Adeyemi had immediately noticed that the two men had secluded themselves at the bar. That was fine by him. He wasn't one for raucous crowds.

"Merry Christmas, Commander." He said. "Merry Christmas, Ryan."

[Location: Puzzles]

Tritter notoced the Admiral's arrival after they had taken a seat, he proceeded to return to small talk with Ryan when they noticed the Admiral was approaching. Ryan shifted a bit to sit upright, as he was starting to fall asleep anyways, jet lag.

Tritter looked to Ryan, than back to the Admiral, "Of course not, Merry Christmad Admiral" was the heavily accented reply of the Executive Officer, not long after, Ryan stated "Merry Christmas" After a moment, Tritter than asked "What do you have planned for Christmas?" He had a feeling it involved prayer and possibly some extreme shows of faith.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on December 21, 2017, 07:54:47 AM

Tritter notoced the Admiral's arrival after they had taken a seat, he proceeded to return to small talk with Ryan when they noticed the Admiral was approaching. Ryan shifted a bit to sit upright, as he was starting to fall asleep anyways, jet lag.

Tritter looked to Ryan, than back to the Admiral, "Of course not, Merry Christmad Admiral" was the heavily accented reply of the Executive Officer, not long after, Ryan stated "Merry Christmas" After a moment, Tritter than asked "What do you have planned for Christmas?" He had a feeling it involved prayer and possibly some extreme shows of faith.

[Puzzles]

The notion of two men being so intimate was still slightly distasteful to Adeyemi, but he never let such feelings show. Tritter was a Starfleet officer first and a man second. His private life was none of Adeyemi's concern, so long as his professional life was squared away.

"I promised Analyn I would take her to historic Longwood Gardens. It's a park on earth that does a fantastic Christmas light display every year. I am told the holodeck program does it justice." Adeyemi said. He noticed all three men were drinking beers from their homelands. Their lives were so different that the admiral could almost forget they were both Europeans.

"And of course, my duties as a Christian." He didn't dwell on that. He made himself ask: "And you two? How are the children?"

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on December 21, 2017, 08:47:05 AM

[Puzzles]

The notion of two men being so intimate was still slightly distasteful to Adeyemi, but he never let such feelings show. Tritter was a Starfleet officer first and a man second. His private life was none of Adeyemi's concern, so long as his professional life was squared away.

"I promised Analyn I would take her to historic Longwood Gardens. It's a park on earth that does a fantastic Christmas light display every year. I am told the holodeck program does it justice." Adeyemi said. He noticed all three men were drinking beers from their homelands. Their lives were so different that the admiral could almost forget they were both Europeans.

"And of course, my duties as a Christian." He didn't dwell on that. He made himself ask: "And you two? How are the children?"

The two men the Admiral disapproved of them, but it was not something that they stressed about.Tritter listened carefully to the Admiral, he than said "Our kids are well, although a bit tired." He tookna moment, he knew Analyn was only an AI, but he had an idea and the kids could always use a new friend. He than stated, "Our kids could use a new friend and a new experience would be good for them, if that is ok with you. We are going to do a Christmas celebration for the kids of the base, we do it yearly" Tritter's heavily accented voice had a slightly friendly tone to it. He knew Ryan wouldn't mind, but the Admiral may not want to be around the non-straight types.

Jenna McKinson

[ The Tea Shoppe ]

Jenna sipped her tea while T'Prina talked to Knox. She hummed to herself. She was glad to have a bit of time off to have a bit of tea with T'Prina. She also knew she had to get a few gifts left to get. Despite the season making her uneasy, she still wanted to get a few gifts. She preferred giving than receiving, but she made exceptions. Mostly this was during her nights with Molly. Once T'Prina was finished talking to Knox, she put down her tea. "Is she able to make it?" she asked. Though she was enjoying a bit of some leisure time with her favorite Vulcan, she did think that having someone else come along was not a bad idea either. She reached for and took a bite of a biscuit from the plate they were sharing. Sure she was having a few more than she normally would have, but she was really hungry. She was having a nasty pattern lately of skipping meals only to overeat the next day.

[ Mistletoe - Lower Promenade ]

Molly hummed to herself as she was walking around the store. She loved this little pop-up shops that found their way onto the Promenade. When she heard about the specialty store, though nervous, she decided to be adventurous and go alone. Though she finished her holiday shopping well in advance, she decided that she needed something special for her and Jenna's first Christmas together. She was loving the selection as she walked through. As she walked her eyes lit up. "No way! Oh she is going to love this," She thought with a smirk. As she grabbed the last of what she needed she headed toward the counter. As she walked though there were a few more things she added in her basket. She had a spring in her step as she walked over to the counter to pay. Normally her bubbly personality would be welcomed, but she knew it would seem awkward for most when they browsed the shop's wares.

The owner, named Odaj, watched Molly from afar. The Klingon seemed to take a liking to the girl. Maybe it was the large sale she was about to make or maybe it was the items that she picked.  "All done sweetie?" Odaj said. She had introduced herself only briefly once Molly walked in. Molly nodded and Odaj began to package up Molly's choices into a discrete few bags and put those bags inside a blank box.  "My my lady. It looks like you are about to make someone's night really special," Odaj said. Molly blushed and nodded. "Oh don't be shy. You should see who I have seen wander through my door over the years. You are fine." While Molly still blushed she chuckled.

"This is for both me an my girlfriend. We both said we wanted to be a be more adventurous so I decided to surprise her," Molly said. Odaj didn't even raise an eyebrow. "Might I make a suggestion to add along with this? It'll be free of charge because you're buying so much." Odaj said. When Molly nodded in agreement, Odaj walked in the back and came out with a large package. Not too large to carry, but it made Molly's eyes widen. "It's called the double edge... all the rage for your type of relationship. I think it'd be a big step. I will throw it in with some clamps and gel." "Seeing the leather selection you had instantly quelled any notion of too big. I am glad you had some vintage too. You can't beat the classics," Molly said.

Odaj laughed wildly at Molly who laughed as well. Molly paid and thanked Odaj. "Maybe I will see your lovely lass in here later. It's bound to happen," Odaj said. "If you do, don't ruin the surprise.  You can tell her I was here, but don't mention double edge. That's gonna be my cherry on the cake," Molly said. Odaj and Molly shared one more laugh. "Take care Odaj," Molly said. "You too sweetie," Odaj said.

[ Turbolift bank ]

Molly had quickly rushed back to her quarters to hid her new set of treasures she got from Mistletoe. She decided to head back out. When she did, she was running to catch a turbolift so she could head back to the upper promenade to get some food. "Please hold the lift," Molly called out. When the woman held the lift, Molly ran in. "Thank you," She said.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Naira

[Puzzles]
General Yoduk

[Puzzles]

Naira felt as if she had walked into some kind of bad dream that she couldn't escape from. For the last few weeks she had been debating with herself how or even if she was going to tell Yoduk about the child. Now, she was sitting in a bar, surrounded by a bunch of rowdy and drunken Klingons as well as fellow Starfleet officers and he was insisting that they celebrate.

Other than this nagging feeling that she found herself in her current predicament due to some irresponsibility and poor decision making, she wasn't really sure how she felt about it. She just knew that she didn't really feel like celebrating.

She greeted those at the table with one of her usually warm smiles, though there was effort involved, and she quietly excused herself as she got up to leave.

"What do you need?" The General reached out an arm to grab her own. Though he was in full celebration mode, she could hear the touch of concern in his voice and see it in his eyes.

"I just need some air and some water. I'll be fine. I'll get us something to eat and I'll be back." She said as she ducked out of his grasp and carefully maneuvered around the broken furniture and boisterous party-goers. She stepped over a broken chair, sidestepped an older drunken Klingon who was slapping a companion on the back and squeezed between two more recounting some war story in graphic detail.

She turned back to look at the table, only to see that it was quickly disappearing as the General began to share his good news with those gathered around him. With her luck, a quarter of the station would know by morning. Great, she thought. Now there will be no chance of me keeping this to myself.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on December 21, 2017, 08:47:05 AM

[Puzzles]

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on December 21, 2017, 02:16:49 PM

The two men the Admiral disapproved of them, but it was not something that they stressed about.Tritter listened carefully to the Admiral, he than said "Our kids are well, although a bit tired." He tookna moment, he knew Analyn was only an AI, but he had an idea and the kids could always use a new friend. He than stated, "Our kids could use a new friend and a new experience would be good for them, if that is ok with you. We are going to do a Christmas celebration for the kids of the base, we do it yearly" Tritter's heavily accented voice had a slightly friendly tone to it. He knew Ryan wouldn't mind, but the Admiral may not want to be around the non-straight types.

Naira saddled up to the bar and let out a deep sigh.

"Admiral, Commander, it's nice to see you again. Though, I must say, I never suspected either of you for the festive party type." From what she remembered of the Admiral, he seemed more the type to avoid such things like the plague and the Commander was know for arresting more Klingons than drinking beside them. Maybe this Human holiday of theirs had more to it than what met the eye.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Naira on December 22, 2017, 11:01:22 PM

[Puzzles]

Naira felt as if she had walked into some kind of bad dream that she couldn't escape from. For the last few weeks she had been debating with herself how or even if she was going to tell Yoduk about the child. Now, she was sitting in a bar, surrounded by a bunch of rowdy and drunken Klingons as well as fellow Starfleet officers and he was insisting that they celebrate.

Other than this nagging feeling that she found herself in her current predicament due to some irresponsibility and poor decision making, she wasn't really sure how she felt about it. She just knew that she didn't really feel like celebrating.

She greeted those at the table with one of her usually warm smiles, though there was effort involved, and she quietly excused herself as she got up to leave.

"What do you need?" The General reached out an arm to grab her own. Though he was in full celebration mode, she could hear the touch of concern in his voice and see it in his eyes.

"I just need some air and some water. I'll be fine. I'll get us something to eat and I'll be back." She said as she ducked out of his grasp and carefully maneuvered around the broken furniture and boisterous party-goers. She stepped over a broken chair, sidestepped an older drunken Klingon who was slapping a companion on the back and squeezed between two more recounting some war story in graphic detail.

She turned back to look at the table, only to see that it was quickly disappearing as the General began to share his good news with those gathered around him. With her luck, a quarter of the station would know by morning. Great, she thought. Now there will be no chance of me keeping this to myself.

Naira saddled up to the bar and let out a deep sigh.

"Admiral, Commander, it's nice to see you again. Though, I must say, I never suspected either of you for the festive party type." From what she remembered of the Admiral, he seemed more the type to avoid such things like the plague and the Commander was know for arresting more Klingons than drinking beside them. Maybe this Human holiday of theirs had more to it than what met the eye.

Tritter and Ryan had been focused on their conversation with the Admiral when Doctor Naira walked up. Tritter and Ryan weren't having much of a "party", they were fairly calm and mellow, enjoying some personal quiet time, away from the hustle and bustle of work. Tritter than rose to his feet, he offered his right hand to his Husband, who would take his hand and than rose to his feet. Ryan held onto his Husband's hand, Tritter than stated, "Good to see you again Doctor" He than shifted his focus to Ryan for a moment, than back to the Doctor, he than added, "Doctor, this is my Husband Ryan" His accent was ever present in his speech.

Ryan had a bit of a less serious demeanor than Tritter, but he also looked like the type who could be super serious of the time called for it. Tritter was also less serious than usual, as his Husband brought that out in him. Ryan than offered his right hand to the Doctor, as he was the type to shake hands with anyone, male or female, it is how he was raised. He than stated the following to her, "Hello Doctor, I'm Ryan, nice to meet you" his slightly southern accent was slightly jovial and relaxed. And that was not because of alcohol, as he only had ginger ale, the man didn't drink any alcohol.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.