Author Topic: Columbus Stories 1.4 - 'Twas A Very Columbus Christmas  (Read 23581 times)

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Columbus Stories 1.4 - ‘Twas A Very Columbus Christmas
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2017, 11:35:02 am »
Puzzles: In the middle
Deg'arf

"How could I not say no to those words of wisdom and yes we shall honour him amongst the others" she replied softly standing up and taking hold of his hand.

Petite ethereal maiden, you shall be wrapped in the finest furs and in my bed before the night is through.

Deg'arf gently took hold of Leanna's hand and bowed his head, leading her through to the bar. He then, not so gently, pushed and shouted at various people to move out of his way so that they could rejoin his somewhat drunk companions. One of them was now decorated in silver tinsel.

"Qapla!"

"QAPLA!"

Roars of laughter mixed with the clanking of tankards, as blood wine was being spilt and drank followed by even more laughter. Festive Christmas traditional music could be heard playing in the background.

"Men. MEN. We are honored to be in the presence of the lovely Leanna. Show her your respect!"

Again, he stressed the 'ahhhhh' as the drunken Klingons came closer. The men standing well over 6'5 surrounded her.

"LEANNA! We drink to you and your beauty!"

One said as he drained his cup.

"We endeavor to be worthy!"

Another said as he offered her a tankard.

"QAPLA!"

They all shouted.

Deg'arf was beaming. He was proud to be standing by Leanna's side, occasionally taking her by the waist, though never lingered for long. He was confident but respectful. He then began to share the story of how he 'found' and 'rescued' her in true Klingon style.

Puzzles: At the bar
Ch'pok

"Well... there was this bloke I was seeing back when I was at the Academy. Tall, dark, handsome... Physique like it was carved by the gods themselves. Not the most giving in the bedroom department, all told, but pretty adventurous, if you catch my drift." The whiskey was beginning to loosen her tongue, she realised, a rock could catch her drift at this stage. "Things were going well. He met my parents, which is no small undertaking, let me tell you, my parents are a nightmare. So I begin to think that we might just have a future together." She was in full story-mode, her face animated and her voice dropping in pitch to suggest that this particular tale would end in woe. As she spoke, she poured another helping into their glasses.

"I came home one night to find him in flagrante delicto. With my roommate. In my bed. So I'm standing there, my jaw swinging open like I've lost all mental capacity. Then, the dwankie pauses in his tender ministrations to my roommate and says, 'Care to join us, babe?' I tell you, I'd never before felt so bloody murderous in my life. So I drowned him." With a smirk, she took another generous gulp from her glass before continuing in an offhanded manner, "Then I wrote a research paper on somatic narcissism and dedicated it to him."

She glanced at her companion expectantly, wondering what his drowning story might be, and more importantly, if he'd be inclined to share it in kind.

Ch'pok listened attentively and felt enraged for the woman sitting beside him. He was traditional in every sense of the word and disgusted by the man's indecency.

"I would have killed him where he stood. He is a fool. And is without honor."

He took his glass and drained it once more.

As underhanded as a Ferengi. Petaq.

"Yes."

He refilled his glass and topped up his companions.

"She thinks it is too soon. A Klingon warrior does not need to see how things go. A warrior knows his mind! She is unlike any other woman I have met. She excites and enrages."

Ch'pok paused, realizing that he did not even know the name of the person next to him.

"Research? I see. You are an academic? I am Ch'pok. Captain of the Enar."

Puzzles: At the other end of the bar
K'vor

He picked uop the tankard and downed a big drink. Not the best blood wine ever, but not swill either. "So...what're you lot doing here?" he asked the Klingons. "And have ye any good stories tae tell?"

He had noticed the boy come into the bar, but had not paid attention to the conversation with the barman. However, did observe that the boy could at least take his blood wine.

"Stories that would give you nightmares, little man!"

A Klingon said, emphasizing 'little' and the others roared with laughter.

"Courage comes in all sizes."

K'vor said. The grey haired Klingon was obviously wiser than his counterparts. He had served in many a battle and did not think that the latest recruits were of a high enough standard.

"Do you need a booster seat? Or perhaps a tit for your blood wine? Haaa ha ha haaaaaa."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:36:10 am by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2017, 12:08:40 pm »
Puzzles: In the middle
Deg'arf

Petite ethereal maiden, you shall be wrapped in the finest furs and in my bed before the night is through.

Deg'arf gently took hold of Leanna's hand and bowed his head, leading her through to the bar. He then, not so gently, pushed and shouted at various people to move out of his way so that they could rejoin his somewhat drunk companions. One of them was now decorated in silver tinsel.

"Qapla!"

"QAPLA!"

Roars of laughter mixed with the clanking of tankards, as blood wine was being spilt and drank followed by even more laughter. Festive Christmas traditional music could be heard playing in the background.

"Men. MEN. We are honored to be in the presence of the lovely Leanna. Show her your respect!"

Again, he stressed the 'ahhhhh' as the drunken Klingons came closer. The men standing well over 6'5 surrounded her.

"LEANNA! We drink to you and your beauty!"

One said as he drained his cup.

"We endeavor to be worthy!"

Another said as he offered her a tankard.

"QAPLA!"

They all shouted.

Deg'arf was beaming. He was proud to be standing by Leanna's side, occasionally taking her by the waist, though never lingered for long. He was confident but respectful. He then began to share the story of how he 'found' and 'rescued' her in true Klingon style.

[Puzzles]

His thoughts broke through the darkness that had been raging in her mind, dragging her back from the precipice of sorrow and despair and for the first time in months could feel the fire emerging from where it had been buried. This chance encounter with Deg'arf had been her salvation and had no doubt that she would end up in his bed.

Remembering the same feelings and sensations that she had experienced before and only now realised how much she missed the strong dominant yet protective manner of being with a Klingon and smiled as he gently took hold of her hand and bowed to her before leading her out into the bar. Noticing the looks of surprise from some of her staff when they realised it was her but there was no need for explanation simply giving them a look to say she would talk later as Deg'arf then pushed and shouted to various people to move out of the way.

Loving being amongst the group of warriors with one looking particularly festive draped in silver tinsel as they greeted one another before Deg'arf introduced her to them. Not once feeling intimidated as they moved closer and surrounded her. Their compliments flattering and accepted the tankard filled with blood wine then joined in with their shout of " QAPLA" before taking a swig. Forgetting how strong it was for her but wasn't going to look weak in front of them.

Still feeling the pride and heat emanating from him as he occasionally took her by the waist, liking how he was confident and respectful. Listening intently as he told the story of how he found and rescued her and smiled before confirming everything. " Every word Deg'arf has spoken is true, he found and rescued me in a way every true warrior would and I am now his" she said looking into his eyes as she moved closer to him.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2017, 02:46:12 pm »
Promenade
Howell had the day off duty and so decided to take some recreational time on the promenade. It had been decorated for the festive period - a rather large Christmas Tree in the center and other festive decorations around the entire promenade. Many traders had also arrived to sell their goods, it was a good time of year to make a 'killing' for want of a better term.

He may not have been in uniform, but many people recognised him still, greeting him as they walked back. He then got stopped by a Ferrengi trying to sell some Starfleet issue items, namely some warp manifolds off of a shuttle. Hey, you look like someone who could use these warp manifolds. They're Starfleet and 'll take you up to Warp 7. The Ferrengi had the usual smug look on his face. Dan inspected them for a second before replying "I don't advice it. You try Warp 7 with those fitted and you'll be atoms. Those are off a type 4 shuttle, won't go any faster than about 5." The Ferrengi had a confused look on his face before walking off. The knowledge Dan gave had clearly clicked he was an engineer. Howell chuckled as he walked off to continue his walk around.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Derek Black

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2017, 04:14:56 pm »
[Ops]

Christmas was generally a time for celebration and liberation, especially in places with large groups of humans. Since everyone loved a good party, asides from some like the Vulcans, many races seemed to have adopted the Earth tradition of carefree debauchery. On a starship, this usually wasn't an issue due to the fact that everyone had to show up for work the next morning. On a starbase populated by civilians and visiting factions, it was an entirely different can of slugs. Derek was rapidly gaining an appreciation for rules and regulations, though they apparently didn't apply to his latest headache.

"Five cranial reconstructions, eight critical vascular repairs, two dozen orthopedic surgeries, and about twice as many serious lacerations." Derek listed out as a greeting to Knox, though he held a wan smile on his face. "And that's just from our bloodwine loving guests. It's like letting a pair of voles loose in the conduits. Next time we have Klingons visiting, please give me more of a warning. So I can take the week off."

Derek handed his PADD off to a supply officer standing nearby, before glancing back at the Commander. A moment later, his eyebrow rose. "Knox...are those teeth marks on your neck?"

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2017, 05:11:03 pm »
Ops

=/\= "I am currently off duty, Commander, if you would care to join Lt. McKinson and I at The Tea Shoppe on the Upper Promenade. If you would like to speak privately, however, I can meet you somewhere at your convenience." =/\=

Knox appreciated the invite. The Tea Shoppe would have been perfect, normally. However, this discussion required something a little stronger than tea.

=/\= Thank you for the invitation. I am still on duty and thus shall leave you two ladies to it. Enjoy the tea! Knox out. =/\=

She continued reviewing high level security documents but was suddenly distracted by Black listing injuries.

"Five cranial reconstructions, eight critical vascular repairs, two dozen orthopedic surgeries, and about twice as many serious lacerations." Derek listed out as a greeting to Knox, though he held a wan smile on his face. "And that's just from our bloodwine loving guests. It's like letting a pair of voles loose in the conduits. Next time we have Klingons visiting, please give me more of a warning. So I can take the week off."

Derek handed his PADD off to a supply officer standing nearby, before glancing back at the Commander. A moment later, his eyebrow rose. "Knox...are those teeth marks on your neck?"

She was about to answer his 'take the week off comment' when his following remark made her raise her right eyebrow, put her PADD down, lean over and quietly answer:

"You should see my lower back, Doctor."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2017, 05:56:29 pm »
Puzzles: At the bar
Ch'pok

Ch'pok listened attentively and felt enraged for the woman sitting beside him. He was traditional in every sense of the word and disgusted by the man's indecency.

"I would have killed him where he stood. He is a fool. And is without honor."

He took his glass and drained it once more.

As underhanded as a Ferengi. Petaq.

"Yes."

He refilled his glass and topped up his companions.

"She thinks it is too soon. A Klingon warrior does not need to see how things go. A warrior knows his mind! She is unlike any other woman I have met. She excites and enrages."

Ch'pok paused, realizing that he did not even know the name of the person next to him.

"Research? I see. You are an academic? I am Ch'pok. Captain of the Enar."

[Puzzles]

Felicity wholeheartedly agreed with her Klingon companion's assessment of her former beau. She held up her glass as if to make a toast. "I'll drink to that... To dishonourable fools and the lessons they teach us. Qapla!" She bellowed the Klingon word out and downed her newly replenished whiskey hastily before slamming the glass back down on the bar. She had no idea if she was doing it right, but the other carousing Klingons in Puzzles seemed to be enjoying the practice. Truth be told, she was very much enjoying it herself. 

"Excites and enrages..." Felicity pursed her lips and let out a low whistle. "An interesting combination my friend. How long have you two been together?"

Not long, I'd wager.

"It is an honour to meet you, Captain Ch'pok. My name is Felicity Ellis. But please, call me Flick." She paused for a moment while she extended her hand to grasp his in a handshake, the corners of her mouth turning upward in what could be construed by some as a mischievous grin. "I'm the station's counselor."

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2017, 06:53:57 pm »
[Location: Storage area, Starbase Columbus]

Once the two men ended the hug, Tritter than said, "Come with me honey" He proceeded to offer the other man his left hand, once they took it, he than led his Husband to the Promenade, he was eager for some down time, and he knew the places to hang out at to avoid the crowds that often developed, as neither man was a fan. Tritter looked around for an area that they could hang out at quietly, he found an area within the Bar itself that was a bit secluded and out of the way from the Klingon shenanigans, he wasn't in the mood for a fight with one more of them.

Tritter ordered a beer for himself, and his Husband was content with a ginger ale. The men were sitting on a couch next to each-other, Tritter had wrapped his right arm around his Husband. He was focusing on the events around him, he kept his eyes out for the safety of both of them, he felt it was his duty to keep them safe. A few minutes later, the waiter dropped off the requested drinks, Tritter thanked the waiter for the drinks. Ryan than shifted a bit and grabbed his drink, proceeding to idly drink it, while relaxing. Tritter grabbed the beer, proceeded to easily twist the cap off and he was content to simply take his time with the fancy Germanic named beer. The two men were silent, but enjoyed the company of each-other.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Derek Black

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2017, 07:05:22 pm »
Ops

She continued reviewing high level security documents but was suddenly distracted by Black listing injuries.

She was about to answer his 'take the week off comment' when his following remark made her raise her right eyebrow, put her PADD down, lean over and quietly answer:

"You should see my lower back, Doctor."

[Ops]

"I know Starfleet's been pushing their officer exchange program, but next time you take part in the inter-species cooperation portion, please try to take it a bit easier." Derek remarked dryly, tilting his head to get a better look at her 'injury'. "You'll need some corophizine, come down to sickbay after shift. We can have 'the talk' too."

He winked at her, the corners of his mouth twitching. Sometimes it was hard not treating Knox as the young trill that she appeared to be, despite Derek knowing that in reality she had centuries of memories in her mind. "So with practically every other member of the senior staff on leave, why are you still on shift?"

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2017, 07:31:21 pm »
[Puzzles]
Ch'pok

Felicity wholeheartedly agreed with her Klingon companion's assessment of her former beau. She held up her glass as if to make a toast. "I'll drink to that... To dishonourable fools and the lessons they teach us. Qapla!" She bellowed the Klingon word out and downed her newly replenished whiskey hastily before slamming the glass back down on the bar. She had no idea if she was doing it right, but the other carousing Klingons in Puzzles seemed to be enjoying the practice. Truth be told, she was very much enjoying it herself. 

"Excites and enrages..." Felicity pursed her lips and let out a low whistle. "An interesting combination my friend. How long have you two been together?"

Not long, I'd wager.

"It is an honour to meet you, Captain Ch'pok. My name is Felicity Ellis. But please, call me Flick." She paused for a moment while she extended her hand to grasp his in a handshake, the corners of her mouth turning upward in what could be construed by some as a mischievous grin. "I'm the station's counselor."

"Qapla."

A slight smile flickered in the corner of his lips. Flick amused him. (It was the first time in months that he had felt amused.)

"It is complicated."

Ch'pok wondered how to answer the question. Technically, they had only spent several days in each other's company. And for most of that time, they were not talking. Nor wearing any clothing. Then he wondered why he was being asked so many questions.

Ahhhhhhh I see.

"A counselor. I see."

He refilled both of their glasses, emptying the bottle and gesturing for another. Clearly, he wanted to continue the conversation, even if he were more the silent type.

Ops

"I know Starfleet's been pushing their officer exchange program, but next time you take part in the inter-species cooperation portion, please try to take it a bit easier." Derek remarked dryly, tilting his head to get a better look at her 'injury'. "You'll need some corophizine, come down to sickbay after shift. We can have 'the talk' too."

He winked at her, the corners of his mouth twitching. Sometimes it was hard not treating Knox as the young trill that she appeared to be, despite Derek knowing that in reality she had centuries of memories in her mind. "So with practically every other member of the senior staff on leave, why are you still on shift?"

Knox opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it again and simply nodded.

"Well, I extended my hours due to not wanting to bump into the person who has matching dental records to those markings. What is your excuse?"

She wondered why he had never followed up with her offer to go to Puzzles and catch up during the away mission on Shotaka. The last time Knox had seen him, he was but a boy of seven years old! A lot had changed in that time. Knox was now, well herself. And he had been married. She hoped that his divorce had not been too painful.

"How about rubbing alcohol instead of corophizine?"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 07:38:48 pm by Katharoz Knox »

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2017, 07:50:25 pm »

[Outside the Starbase Chapel]

"This is a bad idea," she tried to persuade him, but there was no talking him down when he had his mind set. Granted, she was the same way, but he didn't want to listen to reason.

He threw open the large doors as he marched into the otherwise somber room. A handful of attendants either sat in silence or quietly uttered prayers as the old Vulcan continued his sermon. In stark contrast, his metal armor and heavy footfalls clanked and raffled with each step he took.

"Captain, here you are!" The loud Klingon nearly shouted as he threw his arms up into the air and ushered for the other man to get up and join him. "Come, celebrate with us."

Naira meanwhile hung back by the door looking mortified that the General would put on such a public display and involve her in the middle of it.

[Chapel]

Analyn was immediately delighted. The prayer service had bored her. With the entrance of the Klingon with all of his noise and bluster she leapt to her feet.

"NAIRA!Thank Jebus you're here!

Offline Kyan Mackenzie

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • "I aim to misbehave."
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2017, 04:54:27 am »

Puzzles: At the other end of the bar
K'vor

He had noticed the boy come into the bar, but had not paid attention to the conversation with the barman. However, did observe that the boy could at least take his blood wine.

"Stories that would give you nightmares, little man!"

A Klingon said, emphasizing 'little' and the others roared with laughter.

"Courage comes in all sizes."

K'vor said. The grey haired Klingon was obviously wiser than his counterparts. He had served in many a battle and did not think that the latest recruits were of a high enough standard.

"Do you need a booster seat? Or perhaps a tit for your blood wine? Haaa ha ha haaaaaa."

Kyan grinned. "Sure and the last time I had a tit, it was your mother's so it was, and a roit baggy old thing." He drank from his tankard again before continuing. "Lopsided they were then but I imagine the now they're just flaps, the sadness of it. I bet morale in the Klingon Defense Force hasn't been the same since the old girl put out to pasture. S'why y'cannae beat anyone without Starfleet helpin ya I'd reckon." He smiled jovially and shrugged. "Morale is a precious thing, and yer mother... spreadin 'er legs for the whole of the fleet was a proper hero. S'matter of fact, sit there the now whilst I sing a warrior song... about yer mother and her worlds famous tits. 

He brought his legs up on the barstool sat cross legged and prepared to sing. In actuality he expected the Klingon to lunge for him, and cross legged offered him the easiest access to the blade in his angle sheath.... in case it was that sort of affair.

"Lemme just get meself a drink here...." He took another swig. "Ok... So.. Ahem."

The Klingon looked pretty angry now, but his friends didn't. And the one he was insukting was pretty young yet, probably a Bek.

"Ode... to yer mother. May these foine folks always pay her homage."

"Are you going to sing the...."

"Outside a bar I met a whore yo ho.....yo ho!" Kyan began in his not quiiiite soprano. "Outside a bar I met a whore yo ho.....yo HO!....Outside a bar I met a whore who led me into Sto Vo Kor, She said Bite me neck, slap me arse, and put the strips in the glass yo ho! yo ho!" Kyan paused to take a drink as the old Klingon burst into laughter. "Oi've more though! There be ten verses tae that song!"

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2017, 10:32:48 am »
[Puzzles]
Pissed off Klingon

"Outside a bar I met a whore yo ho.....yo ho!" Kyan began in his not quiiiite soprano. "Outside a bar I met a whore yo ho.....yo HO!....Outside a bar I met a whore who led me into Sto Vo Kor, She said Bite me neck, slap me arse, and put the strips in the glass yo ho! yo ho!" Kyan paused to take a drink as the old Klingon burst into laughter. "Oi've more though! There be ten verses tae that song!"

The Klingons who had laughed at the young officer were now laughing with him. K'vor even chuckled to himself. However, one Klingon was not laughing.

"You dare to insult my mother? Hab SoSlI' Quch! Qu'vatlh."

In rage, he threw his tankard to the wall. As well as several chairs. They in turn knocked several Klingons into each other, who in turn blamed their companions for spilling their blood wine onto them. And before anyone could say 'Va' several fights were breaking out. K'vor noticed a female Klingon who was doing her best to ignore everything going on around her and continue serving drinks. He felt she looked familiar.

"STAND boy. You shall face me as you meet your end."

He said, taking out his d'k tahg.

[Puzzles]
Deg'arf

The laughter, the company of a good woman and the blood wine flowing like a river, Deg'arf could not remember a more pleasant evening.

"Every word Deg'arf has spoken is true, he found and rescued me in a way every true warrior would and I am now his" she said looking into his eyes as she moved closer to him.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

A low rumble could have been heard coming from his chest, though only Leanna was close enough to feel it. He moved closer and inhaled her hair deeply and the rumble become stronger.

Leannaahhhhhhh. Oh you shall soon know what it feels like to be.

The crashing sound of glasses, tankards and chairs interrupted his thoughts. Smiling, he took her hands, kissed her palms as his beard grazed her wrists, and looked deep into her eyes.

"A moment."

He stood tall, stopped smiling and nodded to two of his companions to join him as they walked over to the scene that was unfolding.

"YIMEV! What Petaq dares to disturb us?"

They began punching people and laughing in the way only Klingons could. He did not care what had started the fights, nor care about why or who. Deg'arf was simply not going to allow such behavior occur in an establishment owned by the lovely Leanna.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 10:38:57 am by Katharoz Knox »

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2017, 11:17:37 am »
[Puzzles]
Deg'arf

The laughter, the company of a good woman and the blood wine flowing like a river, Deg'arf could not remember a more pleasant evening.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

A low rumble could have been heard coming from his chest, though only Leanna was close enough to feel it. He moved closer and inhaled her hair deeply and the rumble become stronger.

The crashing sound of glasses, tankards and chairs interrupted his thoughts. Smiling, he took her hands, kissed her palms as his beard grazed her wrists, and looked deep into her eyes.

"A moment."

He stood tall, stopped smiling and nodded to two of his companions to join him as they walked over to the scene that was unfolding.

They began punching people and laughing in the way only Klingons could. He did not care what had started the fights, nor care about why or who. Deg'arf was simply not going to allow such behavior occur in an establishment owned by the lovely Leanna.

[Puzzles]

It was easy to become lost in his thoughts as he reacted to her words, enjoying his closeness as he moved closer and inhaled her hair deeply, feeling and hearing the rumble increasingly getting louder in his chest. Until this first perfect moment since she could remember was rudely interrupted by the unmistakable sound of a fight breaking out and from what she could tell knew who was involved. Knowing her staff could deal with it but before she could say anything Deg'arf smiled at her as then took her hands and kissed her palms, a pleasant gasp escaping from her lips as she felt his beard tickle her wrists.

" I'll be right here" she replied softly then watched as he stood tall and moved off with some of the others to deal with those responsible for the causing the fight to break out. Sensing that he was putting them in their place with him being enamoured with her. Loving every feeling she was experiencing right now even when Seamus came rushing over to her.

" Lea there you are, are you okay?"He said obviously concerned for his boss and friend. " I'm fine Seamus, more than fine actually and I want you to reassure everyone that the matter of our rowdy Klingons is being dealt with" she said gesturing to the group of fighting Klingons not that far from where they stood.

" I can see that it is and just like old times eh?"he remarked receiving a grin in return. Leanna knew she had to give Deg'arf the chance to restore order and from what she could see he was doing a good job of it. " In the meantime, bring out the holiday offer of two for one drinks and tell Alex to keep playing".

Seamus nodded and moved off to carry out Leanna's instructions as she returned her attention to the fight, hoping it would stop soon as she didn't want Security to be called.

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2017, 12:31:59 pm »
[Chapel]

Analyn was immediately delighted. The prayer service had bored her. With the entrance of the Klingon with all of his noise and bluster she leapt to her feet.

"NAIRA!Thank Jebus you're here!

[Chapel]

Naira smiled as the tiny AI girl ran over to greet her. She lowered herself into a squatting position so  the two of them could see eye to eye. In the months she had been away, she had grown to miss the little hologram. No longer was she awoken in the early morning hours by her chipper stories of every little thing that had happened on the station since Naira had gone to bed. Now, whenever a replication sent out a wrong order or the showers didn't work properly, it was a maintenance issue and not a little girl trying to play a joke or improve things to her liking.

"Hello Analyn," she said as she accepted part of the candy offered. She found it endearing the way the admiral treated the little girl like a real child. She was unsure how or even if Analyn could eat her treat, but it was sweet that they went through the effort of trying to include her in such a way.

"Yes, come celebrate with us," the general tucked the book under his arm and gave the man a hearty slap on the back. "I think I remember your Christmas. That is the one you celebrate your god's son. This is perfect, we will drink, feast, sing a great many songs of our victories and celebrate our sons together." 

He turned to look at Naira huddled over next to Analyn as the two of them quietly whispered in the corned. He was beaming with pride.

"We should hurry before the good wine is gone."

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2017, 04:11:56 pm »
[Puzzles]
Pissed off Klingon

The Klingons who had laughed at the young officer were now laughing with him. K'vor even chuckled to himself. However, one Klingon was not laughing.

"You dare to insult my mother? Hab SoSlI' Quch! Qu'vatlh."

In rage, he threw his tankard to the wall. As well as several chairs. They in turn knocked several Klingons into each other, who in turn blamed their companions for spilling their blood wine onto them. And before anyone could say 'Va' several fights were breaking out. K'vor noticed a female Klingon who was doing her best to ignore everything going on around her and continue serving drinks. He felt she looked familiar.

"STAND boy. You shall face me as you meet your end."

He said, taking out his d'k tahg.

[Puzzles]
Deg'arf

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

"A moment."

[Location: Puzzles]

Tritter had watched the Klingon's closely, they were problem children and he was not a fan of their many fights that they would get into. Tritter sighed and set the beer down. He than looked towards his Husband and said "Sorry honey" Ryan looked from the Klingon to Tritter, he than said "I will go with you, I've seen much worse" Tritter than nodded slightly, he knew better than to argue.

Tritter than rose to his feet and made his way over towards the Klingons, he took a moment after he locked eyes with the leader of them. He than stated, "It should go without saying, but if you lot attempt to get too rowdy, the reminder you will get from me that we run this base won't be too much fun. News tends to spread quickly when a Human sends a Klingon to sickbay with broken bones. I am sure your honor will be plenty bruised" He than turned his gaze to another one of the Klingons, "In fact, on your last visit, I broke your arm" His heavily accented voice was confident, assertive and unwavering as he addressed the Klingons. Ryan sat about ten feet behind him, at a table, he kept a careful eye on things.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles