Author Topic: Columbus Stories 1.4 - 'Twas A Very Columbus Christmas  (Read 23856 times)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Columbus Stories 1.4 - 'Twas A Very Columbus Christmas
« on: December 14, 2017, 05:39:42 pm »
=/\= Captain's log, stardate 5874.6.

With the holiday season here, I must regretfully report that my predecessor allowed a secular atmosphere to flourish here on the station. I realize that it would be unwise, not to mention unlawful, for me to force a more spiritual Christmas onto the Columbus. I only wish that the season was celebrated in a more solemn fashion.

The mood on the base is anything but solemn at the moment. Our old friend General Yoduk and a contingent of Klingons have arrived. The merchants of the Promenade have promised that they will throw a Christmas party unlike the Station has ever seen before. Some of my officers have taken this opportunity to let their hair down. I am also looking forward to some relaxation, but only after my spiritual duties are performed. I am on my way to the chapel now, and with me is an excited guest who is celebrating her very first Christmas...

By the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Admiral Malcolm Adeyemi =/\=

[Passageways]

Analyn could not contain her excitement. Over the last few weeks, Adeyemi had impressed upon her the importance of the Christmas season and all that it meant: the birth of Jesus Christ and the joy that that brought. She hadn't responded to that train of thought very much. Instead, Analyn had been gobbling down sweets and going on about presents for days on end now.

Last night at 0230 she had woken up Adeyemi in his quarters and asked for a pony. When the admiral had told her that she could certainly run such a program in the replimat, the little girl had pouted and said that that wasn't the same. A few hours later, he had woken up to an official report submitted by the Science department for the addition of stables to the Station. It had been drawn up as an official requisition, signed off on by T'Prina, the Chief Science Officer. Analyn had also approved the report and tried to write the word 'equestrienne' after her own name, but it was endearingly and childishly misspelled.

"A pony, a'course, cookies, candy canes, a cow. MooOooOoOoOO..." Analyn was saying as she held his hand. The little holographic AI was wearing a child's sized green and red elf costume, compete with a red conical hat with a white puffball, and long toed slippers with bells on the end. Every time she walked they jingled merrily. "Fishies, macky cheese, puzzles, books..."

"I will find an appropriate present for you," Adeyemi told her. His voice was strained. "When I was a boi back home, Moda used to let me have an orange and some nuts on Christmas Day. Said anything else would be too much."

The admiral blinked, and cleared his throat. He just sounded as if he was an area boy right off the boat. It was stress causing his accent to resurface. Short nights and early days had been taking their toll. He always tried to at least sound well spoken, despite his lower class roots. Luckily, Analyn didn't notice, understood, and likely could have responded back in Vietnamese, had she desired to.

"Pony, pony, pony, pony..." Analyn had found her mantra for the day. Her slippers went jingle jangle jingle as they walked.

Friar T'Vol was waiting for them outside the chapel. As always, the old Vulcan wore a heavy brown robe, sandals, and his salt and pepper hair was freshly cut into a tonsure. At the sight of the two of them, the friar solemnly bowed his head.

"Your hair is funny, but at least you HAVE hair." Analyn declared in the blunt but without malice way that children do. "Mack'Em doesn't have hair at all. He's bald."

"Analyn," The admiral said urgently. "That was very--"

"Do not chastise her, admiral." T'Vol said in his deep and soothing voice. The years of hard monastic living hadn't dimmed his charisma or patience. "Children see the world through different eyes than ours, and speak from the heart. Christ would approve of this child's...honesty."

Adeyemi couldn't swear to it, but T'Vol sounded a tiny bit amused and his stony face was constrained. He knew that older Vulcans tended to be a bit more relaxed, and T'Vol was very fond of children. It made no matter to him that this child was actually an artificial intelligence program capable of operating an entire Starbase.

"My hair is cut this way because it mirrors the crown of thorns that Jesus Christ wore when he died for our sins, child," T'Vol was telling Analyn, who was actually paying attention for once. "It is a symbol that we must also suffer before we go to meet Him."

"That doesn't sound like any fun." She replied. "Why would Jebus want me to suffer?"

"Jebus?" T'Vol said, raising a gunmetal gray eyebrow a fraction.

"Ahh...Analyn, let's head on inside. And please be still and respectful for the prayer service. This is important to me." Adeyemi told her tiredly.

"Okay." Was all the little girl said, and clasped his hand tighter. She leaned against him and looked up, hazel eyes bright and happy. She just wanted to be with him, it didn't matter to her where they were or what they were doing.

Adeyemi smiled down gratefully, feeling better than he had all week, and together they walked into the chapel.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:09:03 pm by Naira »

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Columbus Stories 1.4 - ‘Twas A Very Columbus Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 06:55:29 pm »
[Location: Starbase Columbus, Executive Officer's quarters and Main Promenade]

Tritter had come back from their last mission, he was in dire need of a shower. He had been laser focused on getting a shower in after the debrief from last mission. Once he had finished the shower, he stepped out and into the main area of his quarters, he noticed a few extra bags, he seemed a bit... suprised.

He didn't expect that, but he was going to have to figure that one out. He proceeded to get dressed, he had a pair of jeans and a button down shirt set aside for himself. Once dressed, he decided to make his way out of his quarters, he was happy to be home and some relaxation time.

Although the Executive Officer was never truly off duty, as people do bither him even if he was slated to be offduty.  He proceeded to make his way to the Promenade, he was trying to relax, but he wasn't necessarily the type that relaxed easily.

He studied the sea of faces from afar, he noticed a figure that was familar, he reminded himself to contain himself as he may have misidentified the individual. He proceeded to make his way over in a way that would not get him noticed, to his dismay, they got up and walked away. He sighed in a slightly frustrated fashion.

He shifted his path and made his way over, making sure to stay unseen as best as a seven foot tall man can. He finally managed to get a look at their face. Their eyes met, damn it, luckily enough, it was his Ryan, he felt his heart rate spike and he started to feel nervous and anxious for some strange reason.

He proceeded to make his way over to the other man, which to his suprise, they had walked directly toward him as well. Once they were about a foot apart, both stopped. Tritter in turn wrapped him in a tight hug, he sighed deeply and said "I missed you", as the other man hugged him.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:13:55 pm by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 03:54:39 am »
[Primary Sickbay]

After landing at the starbase, Naira made her first stop be sickbay. While her daughters headed off to spend the day visiting old friends, Naira wanted to catch up with some friends of her own.

The familiar settings hadn't changed all that much since she had left. The layout of the room hadn't changed, the bustle of busy nursing staff hadn't changed, the only real noticeable change since she had left a couple months back was the name on the door to the Chief Medical Officer's office. Often she thought fondly about her time here and at times she even longed to return to the simpler life of running a medical department over an entire ship, but she didn't regret taking her promotion.

She smiled, thinking back on some of the memories she had made in this place.

"Well look who it is," the portly Dr. Lunn walked over and gave his old boss a hug. "So what brings you back to our little station on the edge of the quadrant? Did you tire of exciting scientific research or are there no good doctors aboard your ship?"

Naira exchanged a smile with the balding middle-aged man. "No, we have some highly competent doctors that I'm sure you would love. Actually, I stopped in for a visit hoping to check in with some friendly faces." She looked over his shoulder as she carefully scanned the room.

"You're looking for Leesill? Did you not get her correspondence? I'm afraid you just missed her. She left yesterday to continue her studies and I'm afraid she won't be back for several months. Was there something you wanted to say to her?"

The smile slowly faded from her face. "I ummm...I had promised to speak with her."

"Oh?" the quizzical look on his face slowly turned to a bemused grin. "I see, good luck with that." The half-Betazoid tried to offer her another smile but upon seeing the frown on her face, he had to apologize as he reminded himself that she never liked him using his abilities to pry.

"I am sorry, that was rude of me. I forgot you didn't like, but I do wish you the best of luck. I know Leesill's not here and I hope you didn't waste a trip all the way out here. While you are here, you should make a point to head down to the Prominade, they are having another human festival...Christmas I think this on is. There's lot of food you probably won't like, drinking and repetitive singing of the same handful of song about someone watching you and judging your actions. I don't fully understand it, but the children and merchants seem to love it."

Naira nodded, thanked her old friend and went on her way.

[Guest Quarters]

After leaving sickbay, Naira headed to the guest quarters she had been assigned to for her time on the station. The room was rather small, sparsely decorated and the view out the window wasn't great. With the number of people that came and went from the station on a daily basis, there wasn't time or room in the budget to afford lavish accommodations for every guest, not that she wanted such a thing, but this was a far cry from the bio-luminescent Orion ferns and silk drapes of her last quarters.

Sitting down on the small couch, she let out a sigh.

Maybe this was a mistake, she thought as she loosened the collar on her uniform. Maybe I shouldn't have come. What am I going to say? How am I going to explain?

She let down her hair and slipped into a looser fitting undyed wool dress she had brought along. She had taken a liking to wearing more simple, comfortable clothing during her off time and if nothing else, she was going to make the most of this. 

[Lower Promenade - Bar]

For the last three days General Yoduk and his men had been heavily drinking and singing great songs of their victories on the battlefield. They frequented the many bars, restaurants and other, seedier, places of entertainment on the station, but while his men found comfort in a number of different activities and the arms of beautiful women, the aged Klingon found himself wanting more.

He had become a thorn in the side of the station's Chief Flight Control Officer, bothering the man daily about docking schedules, shuttlecraft and civilian vessels. He even had his own ship monitoring incoming traffic, but with so many coming and going on the station, it was hard to keep track of each vessel.

He slammed down his tankard of bloodwine on the bar, sending dark droplets of red liquid splashing onto the metal surface with a resounding thud. Some of the men nearest him turned to look, but seeing the sour look on his face, they knew better than to speak up.

"ghuy'," he cursed himself for being such a fool. He went out of his way to come here and to wait, but she wasn't coming.

He got up from his place at the bar and made for the exit. He would not let himself be seen like this by his men. If he had to sulk, he would do so alone in his quarters, on the K'tomoc, where no one else could see. 

Just then, Ch'pok came strolling in with one of the widest grins on his face that the General had ever seen. He clasped the older warrior on the shoulder and gave him a hearty slap on the back.

"I am not in the mood right now," the General barked at the younger man.

"Then you have not heard, she was spotted heading for the guest quarters here on the station not long ago."

The General's entire demeanor shifted as he stood up taller, straightened his armor and ran his fingers through his beard.

"You will speak to her about the ceremony again?" Ch'pok asked as the older man walked off.

"Yes, yes," he replied both to the other man and himself, but first he had other things on his mind.

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 03:17:00 am »
[Guest Quarters - Corridor]

General Yoduk marched on the guest quarters like he marched into battle. That's to say, the drunken older Klingon headed straight for the guest quarters with little to no planning or forethought into how he was going to accomplish his goals, but he was damn sure going to give it everything he had. Unfortunately, the station was built with ample room to host many weary travelers in this far corner of Federation Space and he had no idea which room she was staying in.

So, he did what any sensible alcoholic would do in his situation, he pounded on each and every door as he made his way through the winding corridors shouting her name.

"Naira....Naira! Where are you? Nair...," that last one was cut off in a belch that nearly sent chunks of half digested gagh and bloodwine spewing.

By this time, several disgruntled guests had emerged from their rooms to inquire as to the disruption out in the hall. One particularly sour Tellarite exchanged some heated words with the General that nearly resulted in a fist fight when something foul was said about one or both of their mothers. However, that was but a momentary distraction as he returned to his initial goal.

[Naira's Guest Quarters]

Meanwhile, Naira sat oiling her hair as she stared out the small window at the cargo vessel attempting to dock outside. It wasn't much of a view, but it beat the drape interior decor. She was lost deep in thought as her fingers slipped silently through her otherwise coarse coils.

She was reminded of when she was younger and her mother used to do up her hair for her so that it wouldn't dry out and split. She remembered the stories they used to share and how they would laugh as they made plans for the future.

If only we had known.

She was brought back to the present by sounds of shouting and banging outside. It had been a while since she had called the station home, but she was fairly certain that this wasn't normal. So she got up, wiped the remainder of the oil from her fingers and went to investigate.

She was afterall still a doctor and there was a chance that somebody could be in need of assistance.

However, as the door to her quarters swooshed open and she glanced out in the corridor beyond, what she didn't expect to see was a drunken General Yoduk pounding on a neighboring door and shouting her name.

"General? Is there something I can help you with?"

"Naira!" The man turned and shouted as he raised his arms up into the air. "I have found you!"

He lumbered down the corridor towards her, dangerously tilting to one side until she rushed over to help balance him. He wrapped one arm around her as they slowly made their way back towards her room, all the while, she attempted to apologize to the few upset guests still remaining in the hall.

"You look nice," he said as he tried to lean over and rest his head on her much shorter shoulder.

"And you look quite drunk," she replied. "I thought we talked about trying to cut back on the heavy drinking, it's not good for either of your livers."

"Bah, you worry too much."

Once inside, with the door firmly shut behind them, the General began to run his fingers through her hair. Standing behind her, he wrapped his large arms around her and pulled her close. He nibbled at her neck and breathed deeply, trying to recapture the memories he had of their last encounter.

"You smell...different."

Gone was the deep musky scent that reminded him of wood fires, cooking spices and sinking his teeth into a bloody piece of meat, she had an almost sickly sweet smell about her, like overripe fruit or aromatic flowers. Her smelled her hair again, her neck and her dress. He couldn't quite place it.

His hands slipped down her sides as he felt the way her dress pulled across her curves, her wide hips and the ever so slight roundness to her abdomen. Then, it dawned on him.

"You're with child!" He spun her around so that he could look deep into her eyes. "It is mine...?" The General had a way with speaking where it was often difficult to tell if he was asking a question or stating a fact. "You spoke nothing of this in your transmissions!"

She could tell he was angry and possible hurt, but she didn't know what to say. She was still debating her own feelings on the matter and wasn't sure how he'd react, if at all. This was not something that she had planned, it just sort of happened.

"You never asked...I didn't know what to say." Her usually confident voice sounded meek in comparison as it echoed off the walls.

His anger faded as a large toothy smile spread across his face, culminating in a full-bodied laugh.

"I'm going to be a father again! Tonight we will feast, we will drink and we will celebrate, but first I intend to make good on my promises." 

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 09:00:57 am »
[Docking Bay 1]

Though Knox had purposefully made herself busy in Ops, she could not avoid the K'tomoc's docking. Due to her previous experience as a diplomat and ambassador, as well as her intimate knowledge of Klingon culture, she had been assigned to welcome General Yoduk. She was wearing her official 'welcoming' uniform and stood tall (attempting to not readjust it too much).

"General Yoduk. Welcome. If you would like to follow me to your quarters."

"Yes, yes. Where is...?"

He interrupted and Knox smiled interrupting him.

"Naira's vessel has yet to dock, General."

He grunted, turned and walked away in such a manner that Knox and the rest of his crew knew the conversation had ended. And that is when she saw him. Brooding features, that to anyone else would be considered annoyed and disgruntled. Only his penetrative stare gave away his true feelings.

"Knox."

The deep, rich and sensual way in which Ch'pok addressed her as he stepped close enough to take her made Knox smile. It was no use, there was something about this Klingon.

"Congratulations on your promotion, Captain. Do you intend to serve in Yoduk's fleet once you have your ship?"

"Knox."

It had been so long since they had last seen each other. Neither had either sent a subspace transmission following the last disagreement.

"Allow me to escort you to your quarters."

As they walked silently, Ch'pok remained by her side. They reached his room and the door slid open. He paused.

"Knox."

Despite all of her best efforts, Knox nodded and followed. She knew they needed to talk, that she had to convince Ch'pok that it would be impractical and insane to get married. But for the time being, little words passed between them as they became reacquainted.

Some time later - Puzzles

Uncharacteristically, Ch'pok was in a good mood. He was well aware that he had many important matters to discuss with Knox regarding the ceremony, however, he was glad that their passion was still as strong as that night when the lights had gone out. He had never doubted his feelings, but the lack of interest from her concerned him greatly.

He was also glad to be able to report good news to the General.

"I am not in the mood right now," the General barked at the younger man.

"Then you have not heard, she was spotted heading for the guest quarters here on the station not long ago."

The General's entire demeanor shifted as he stood up taller, straightened his armor and ran his fingers through his beard.

"You will speak to her about the ceremony again?" Ch'pok asked as the older man walked off.

"Yes, yes," he replied both to the other man and himself, but first he had other things on his mind.

Ch'pok knew better than to press the General any further and decided to take his chair at the bar, watching as he marched out.

"Bartender. Grape juice."

Any good bartender could tell that there was only one thing on his mind.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 09:30:56 am »
Some time later - Puzzles

Uncharacteristically, Ch'pok was in a good mood. He was well aware that he had many important matters to discuss with Knox regarding the ceremony, however, he was glad that their passion was still as strong as that night when the lights had gone out. He had never doubted his feelings, but the lack of interest from her concerned him greatly.

He was also glad to be able to report good news to the General.

Ch'pok knew better than to press the General any further and decided to take his chair at the bar, watching as he marched out.

"Bartender. Grape juice."

Any good bartender could tell that there was only one thing on his mind.

[Puzzles]

With the upcoming Earth holiday the staff at Puzzles had made sure that the bar and restaurant were just as lavishly well decorated as it had been on Halloween following Leanna's instructions down to every last detail. The band was currently playing a selection of old Earth and newer Christmas songs, there was also a Santa's Grotto for the children that frequented the establishment with their parents and the staff as usual were dressed in festive clothing or costumes. The only thing missing was their boss who they hadn't seen much of since her return from Shotaka with Rixxy and according to the feisty Klingon things hadn't gone very well and could only hope that she would be back to her normal self soon.

Until that time they weren't going to let her down so Maggie who was currently sporting a colourful elf outfit approached the Klingon, the bells on her top and hat jingling quietly as he ordered a grape juice. " Certainly I'll get that for you now " she replied with her trademark smile before placing a glass down on the counter in front of Ch'pok and poured the grape juice into it then set the jug back into the chiller unit below the bar top.

[Leanna's Office]

Unknown to her staff Leanna had arrived in the bar before anyone else after her nightmares had kept her awake most of the night again and if any of them checked would find her curled up on the medium sized comfortable sofa in the corner of her office looking nothing like her normal self. Her hair was tied up, no make up and wearing a simple vest top and pants. She had lost the desire to make an effort since visiting Shotaka with Rixxy and even though the physical wounds had healed thanks to Commander Mackenzie's actions in getting them both back the Gibson, the psychological wounds hadn't.

Her nightmares when she wasn't taking sleeping medication were vivid and realistic as Mook was taken from her over and over in different ways sometimes culminating in her own death or Matthias would show and she would wake screaming as though he was in the room with her. She was broken and fragile, a shadow of her normal fun loving flirty self, building a defence so strong so she didn't have to deal with other peoples thoughts and emotions because if she did she was afraid something bad would happen and couldn't trust herself.

Preferring to be on her own apart from when she was in her quarters with Ariana and her parents but even then they knew not to push her and that she needed time. Remembering what had happened after Matthias had nearly killed her and as much as they hated seeing her this way were there to support and care for her. For now she remained on the sofa, the remains of her attempt to eat something left strewn on the floor as she withdrew from reality.

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 09:36:35 am »
[Naira's Guest Quarters]

NPC General Yoduk

"You're with child!" He spun her around so that he could look deep into her eyes. "It is mine...?" The General had a way with speaking where it was often difficult to tell if he was asking a question or stating a fact. "You spoke nothing of this in your transmissions!"

She could tell he was angry and possible hurt, but she didn't know what to say. She was still debating her own feelings on the matter and wasn't sure how he'd react, if at all. This was not something that she had planned, it just sort of happened.

"You never asked...I didn't know what to say." Her usually confident voice sounded meek in comparison as it echoed off the walls.

His anger faded as a large toothy smile spread across his face, culminating in a full-bodied laugh.

"I'm going to be a father again! Tonight we will feast, we will drink and we will celebrate, but first I intend to make good on my promises." 

The General was so happy he could have burst with joy. Then, with a little more tact and gentleness, he scooped Naira up into his arms, breathing her deeply in. The hum of his soft growl could be heard and felt between them. He adored the feeling of her hair against his skin and had missed the feeling of completeness that he felt in her presence.

He placed her onto the bed, wished that they had fur pelts for a moment and then gazed at her beauty.

The time and distance apart had strengthened his commitment to Naira. He had wondered if the coolness of her subspace transmissions was due to feeling too much but as time past, he felt that it was an indication of lack of feeling. He was so relieved to discover that it was not the case. Indeed he could not have been more pleasantly surprised by the news.

Now his lady was carrying his child. He had the utmost respect for her, but now could not even put into words his devotion to her. He would do anything she asked.

The moment was just too much that the Klingon warrior's heart was breaking out of his chest.

"Are you happy my love?" 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:43:52 am by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 11:30:04 am »
[Felicity's Quarters]

The sound of her brother's warm voice filling her private quarters made Felicity smile broadly, causing the dimple in her right cheek to deepen. Her eyes scanned the display, studying every onscreen detail of Gregory's head and shoulders. It had been far too long since they'd spoken, and Felicity was under no illusions that this call was more or less a courtesy on her brother's part, prompted no doubt by the imminent holiday season.

"You look well, broer," she told him before tapping her collar in reference to the new pip on his own. "Congratulations, Commander. Won't be long before you have the run of your very own boat."

"Thank you, susta. You look tired, are you sleeping? Howzit, Flick?"

She shrugged in response to his questions, her smile remaining bright. "I'm getting enough. There's always an adjustment period following a new assignment... I'll settle into a routine before too long." The odd South African lilt to her accent seemed to grow more pronounced, as it was wont to do when she was speaking with her family. They may have relocated to San Francisco when they were young adults, but the move had not succeeded in eradicating their vernacular and argot completely. To the untrained ear, Felicity knew, this was only really noticeable when she got together with her brother. "So what are your plans? Christmas chow with the many subordinates?"

Gregory paused before he answered, seemingly measuring his words carefully before he gave them flight. "I'm heading home tonight on leave. The plan is to stay with Moeder and Pa for a week or so. I don't think they want to be alone for the holidays, not after what happened to Cam." His expression became contrite, his eyes almost beseeching her understanding. "They asked, I said I'd go."

Her mouth quirked downwards, a feeling of hurt flickering inside of her. Yet she schooled her features quickly, stamping down the unhappy emotions and resentful reaction that was bubbling up inside her, heading toward the surface. What had happened to her little brother earlier in the year had hit them all hard, and if her cold, aloof mother wanted to reach out to her firstborn son for support then so be it. It's not like I'm her only daughter or a trained counselor or anything.

"Presumably my invitation to this momentous soiree was lost in subspace," she responded drily, barely able to stop herself from rolling her eyes.

Gregory chuckled, relief written all over his handsome face. "I suggested that we all visit you on Columbus next year. The parentals seemed quite intrigued by the prospect of a starbase vacation."

"You trying to kill me, bru!?" She exclaimed in mock horror. She shook her head and pinched the bridge of her nose. "That's easily the worst idea you've ever had."

"It's easily the best idea I've ever had." He glanced somewhere off-screen, and nodded distractedly. Before Gregory's eyes returned to meet her own she knew that their brief chat was drawing to a close. "Time for me to get back to work, Flicka. I've a million and one things to do before I head home."

"Take care, Greg. Give my best to she who birthed me."

Gregory snorted with amusement, and then wagged a stern finger at his younger sister. "Behave yourself."

When the communication terminated, Felicity allowed herself to fall backward, her shoulders bouncing off the back of the chair. She was always happy to speak to Gregory, but the empty feeling this particular exchange had left her with was new. Perhaps it was because of the time of year, perhaps it was because she didn't have Cameron anymore. Or maybe, if she allowed herself to admit it, it was because her family's grief wasn't inclusive of her. Whatever the reason, she decided that she wasn't a fan of the feeling. Shaking herself from her inwardly-directed reverie, she refocused and stood, quickly concluding that locking herself up in her quarters and over-analysing everything would not do her any good.

She would walk the Promenade and soak in the growing celebratory atmosphere, she resolved. She would indulge in some people-watching, then she could finally check out this Puzzles bar she'd heard so much about. While there, she could partake in a jolly beverage or two. For tradition, of course.

With her plan in place, she left her quarters behind her and strode with a slight spring in her step toward the action.

[Puzzles Bar]

The atmosphere felt happy; the bar abuzz with the sound of people chatting. The decor was festive and a band playing the old Earth Christmas classic of Let It Snow was like a balm to Felicity's spirits. She smiled at the children playing in the grotto as she passed to reach the bar, where she spied an adorable elf pouring drinks.

"Whiskey, neat, please. Earth Irish if you have it." She made her order and her smile grew. "I'm drowning my sorrows," she added in a conspiratorial stage-whisper, the words at complete odds with her happy expression and jovial tone.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 11:57:46 am »
[Puzzles Bar]

The atmosphere felt happy; the bar abuzz with the sound of people chatting. The decor was festive and a band playing the old Earth Christmas classic of Let It Snow was like a balm to Felicity's spirits. She smiled at the children playing in the grotto as she passed to reach the bar, where she spied an adorable elf pouring drinks.

"Whiskey, neat, please. Earth Irish if you have it." She made her order and her smile grew. "I'm drowning my sorrows," she added in a conspiratorial stage-whisper, the words at complete odds with her happy expression and jovial tone.

[Puzzles]

" If you need anything else please give myself or one of the other bar staff a shout" Maggie said in her usual friendly sing song way to the Klingon as another customer this time in Starfleet teal approached the counter and asked for a whiskey neat and Earth Irish if they had it. Maggie thought for a moment knowing that Leanna always stocked a good selection of whiskeys and other liquors from all over the galaxy and was pretty sure Irish whiskey was amongst the varieties that they had.

" I believe that we do so bare with me a moment and I'll go get you it"she said and walked a short distance down to where the majority of the whiskeys were stored and looked through the colourful bottles of different sizes finding what she needed in the middle of the shelf. Picking it up she returned to the officer and placed a glass in front of her then poured her a glass from the hardly used bottle. " There we go and your in the right place for that " she said smiling understanding the conspiratorial wink.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 12:04:07 pm »
[Location: Promenade]

Tritter had held tightly onto Ryan for a few more moments, he than released him. He than smiled at him and said "It is great to have you here honey" Ryan smiled and replied with "It is great to be back, I missed you" Tritter reached up and gently rubbed the side of his Husband's face, he than stated, "I missed you too honey" Ryan nudged slightly into Tritter's hand. Tritter than kissed his forehead, he than lead Ryan over to a nearby chair. He than sat next to him and wrapped a large arm around him. Ryan than laid his head on Tritter's upper arm. He than leaned down and gave him another kiss on the forehead.

He took a moment before he spoke, he than added "You and I need to talk somewhere... quiet, alone" His heavily accented voice lacked it's usual serious and confident edge, it was more nervous and anxious sounding, which is highly atypical for him. Ryan sighed quietly, he wasn't sure what was going on, but he knew the long distance thing was taking a toll on both of them, he than replied with "Later, please" Tritter nodded slightly, he than stated the following "I need your help, we haven't planned anything for the kids of the base, and our new Captain isn't necessarily a fan of it" Ryan looked boggled at him for a moment and said "Let's plan, we got this, we got plenty of time" Ryan smiled slightly at Tritter, it was obvious his mind had plenty of going through it, as his mind was full of ideas.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 03:57:15 am »
[Naira's Guest Quarters]

NPC General Yoduk

The General was so happy he could have burst with joy. Then, with a little more tact and gentleness, he scooped Naira up into his arms, breathing her deeply in. The hum of his soft growl could be heard and felt between them. He adored the feeling of her hair against his skin and had missed the feeling of completeness that he felt in her presence.

He placed her onto the bed, wished that they had fur pelts for a moment and then gazed at her beauty.

The time and distance apart had strengthened his commitment to Naira. He had wondered if the coolness of her subspace transmissions was due to feeling too much but as time past, he felt that it was an indication of lack of feeling. He was so relieved to discover that it was not the case. Indeed he could not have been more pleasantly surprised by the news.

Now his lady was carrying his child. He had the utmost respect for her, but now could not even put into words his devotion to her. He would do anything she asked.

The moment was just too much that the Klingon warrior's heart was breaking out of his chest.

"Are you happy my love?"

[Naira's Guest Quarters]

His words echoed in her mind as she sat there frozen, unable to answer. Of all the questions he could have asked her, why did he have have to ask this? She opened her mouth to speak, but had to close it when she was unable to summon the words to answer him.

The fact of the matter was, she wasn't sure. She had been trying to ask herself that very same question and she had yet to come to an good answer.

"Can we discuss this more later?"

She had a lot of things running through her mind, things she knew she had to discuss with him, but now didn't seem like the best time. Perhaps later, when he was sober and she had the time to figure out everything she wanted to say, then they could talk.

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 09:57:07 am »
[Naira's Guest Quarters]

General Yoduk

"Can we discuss this more later?"

The blood wine and the good news had taken over General Yoduk's senses. He was enthralled and could not hold back any longer.

"HAH! Of course! No more talk!"

He had watched Naira's lips move however translated in his mother tongue, she had said something resembling 'let's enjoy each other right now and discuss the details another time'.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 09:57:19 am »
[Location: Promenade]

Tritter said "Come with me honey", he than rose to his feet and offered his left hand to Ryan. Ryan than got up, he than took his Husband's hand. Ryan nodded slightly, as if saying "Let's go" to him. Tritter than lead him to a secluded storage area, one may think shenanigans are about to happen, but far from it. He than led Ryan over to the sled that they used last year for Christmas. He than turned to focus on Ryan and said, "To be honest, I'm not very good at these types of things" Ryan shifted his focus to his Husband and stated, "You don't give yourself enough credit, but what do you want to do?"

Mike took a few moments to mull it over, he than stated, "Well, we need to make this more festive, and we need someone who would make a good Santa" Ryan looked over Tritter and laughed, he than said "You have mostly the right physique for it" He than gave Ryan a look that could cut through ice, Ryan chuckled and said "Hey, I said mostly and I didn't call you fat" Mike than replied with "You should know I'm no good at those kind of things" Ryan boggled for a moment and said, "You mean you want me to?" Mike smiled slightly and nodded "Exactly, your bubbly, fun and good with kids, would you?" Ryan took a moment to think and said "Sure, I can do that"

Ryan than said, "Well, we ought to try to decorate this thing, do you know where the lights and stuff are?" Mike pondered for a moment and said "Honey, I think their in a nearby bin or two" Ryan pondered for a moment, he than said, "We'll, lets go and try to find them" The two men than started to look through the bins to locate the lights and such. Tritter than stated, "I do want to apologize that our new Commanding Officer treats you strangely... He's a bit religious and not a fan of homosexuals" Ryan chuckled a bit "The least concern of mine is that someone doesn't like me because of us, I just hope he isn't too miserable to you. I wonder if he is in the closet" Tritter laughed and said "You are horrible but I love you. That, is something I can handle, and mostly, he is fine, albeit a bit weird" As the two of them went back to looking for the lights.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:59:49 am by Michael J. Tritter »

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 10:06:13 am »
[Puzzles]

Ch'pok

Ch'pok slammed his glass down to the table. He was increasingly frustrated with the situation.

"Another. Now"

What does she want? I have stated my intentions. Jlyajbe!

[Puzzles Bar]

He looked over to the human beside him. She must have been new to the Station as he did not recognize her. They appeared to be the only two not seemingly involved in the rest of the festivities around them.

"We prefer to fight our sorrows."

He said, though not making eye contact.

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 10:56:31 am »
[Ops]

As the officers around her busied themselves with the running of the very quiet and ever more efficient Station, Knox was deep in thought as she reviewed various level 5 security reports from StarFleet. One interesting review caught her attention. Peace negotiations with the Breen had been progressing well, though the Klingon High Council had concerns that there was an undercover operative in StarFleet. An officer on the Athena, Ezac was being considered. Of course, any report where the Klingons were mentioned had begun to stand out to Knox. Ever since that night when the lights went out.

A few moments later, she was brought back to the present and realized that she was in need of some logic.

=/\= Knox to Lt. T'Prina. When you are off duty, may I speak with you? =/\=
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:32:21 am by Katharoz Knox »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles