To Have and To Hold: The Wedding Of Caleb and Katheryn (Open To All)

Started by Caleb Brighton, December 12, 2017, 07:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Brighton

[ Risa - Rehearsal Dinner]

Once the announcement was made, Caleb smiled as he walked over to where he and Katheryn were sitting. He pulled out her chair and assisted her with getting comfortable before he sat down himself. There were multiple tables and he watched as everyone got settled. Everyone coming together brought a small tear to his eye. He looked over all his colleagues, friends, and family. Any loneliness he felt at the beginning after he lost his parents was long gone. "I told you my family was unconventional," Caleb said with a smile to Katheyrn. "I think we should announce it tonight,"Caleb said with a whisper. "What do you think?"

He kept and eye on the dinner party. He saw Solok sit down with the McKinsons and smiled a little inside. A few more guests slowly trickled in which he was glad to see arrive. He knew some could not make it to the social hour and would trickle in when it came to dinner time. If need be all he could walk over and socialize for a moment with them. The placement of the tables allowed for socialization.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on December 22, 2017, 09:30:12 PM

[ Risa - Rehearsal Dinner]

Once the announcement was made, Caleb smiled as he walked over to where he and Katheryn were sitting. He pulled out her chair and assisted her with getting comfortable before he sat down himself. There were multiple tables and he watched as everyone got settled. Everyone coming together brought a small tear to his eye. He looked over all his colleagues, friends, and family. Any loneliness he felt at the beginning after he lost his parents was long gone. "I told you my family was unconventional," Caleb said with a smile to Katheyrn. "I think we should announce it tonight,"Caleb said with a whisper. "What do you think?"

He kept and eye on the dinner party. He saw Solok sit down with the McKinsons and smiled a little inside. A few more guests slowly trickled in which he was glad to see arrive. He knew some could not make it to the social hour and would trickle in when it came to dinner time. If need be all he could walk over and socialize for a moment with them. The placement of the tables allowed for socialization.

Katheryn was glad to be off her feet for a little while as the pair led the way over to the tables so elegantly decorated in a way that suited their tastes and likes. Thanking her beloved when he pulled out her chair for her and made sure she was comfortable. Smiling when he spoke to her before he suggested that they make the announcement tonight and asked what she thought.

She took a moment to look around the room seeing those who had made it for the rehearsal dinner including a few others and if she was being honest with herself couldn't wait to share their news with those who were important to them and what better time to do it now especially with the celebrations already planned for the day after.

" I love it though my sweet " she replied " As for the announcement I agree and think we should make it tonight".

Academy Commandant

Ardyn Jaeger

Ardyn smirked as she walked into the the area where the wedding would be.  It was a last minute decision, and she had kinda forgotten a gift, but there was probably time to replicate something later before the reception. Probably.
Scanning the large room that was already filling up with people she didn't know and didn't really care to meet, she found her target, or perhaps more accurately, Steve did, as he was gleefully hopping about, and trying to either befriend everyone within the radius of his leash, or head to the buffet table, where a heaping bowl of orange jello salad was sitting. For all she knew, he was doing both.

Pulling back the inquisitive raptor, she called out to the happy couple. "Katie Carter! Long time no see!"

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on December 27, 2017, 11:25:42 AM

Ardyn smirked as she walked into the the area where the wedding would be.  It was a last minute decision, and she had kinda forgotten a gift, but there was probably time to replicate something later before the reception. Probably.
Scanning the large room that was already filling up with people she didn't know and didn't really care to meet, she found her target, or perhaps more accurately, Steve did, as he was gleefully hopping about, and trying to either befriend everyone within the radius of his leash, or head to the buffet table, where a heaping bowl of orange jello salad was sitting. For all she knew, he was doing both.

Pulling back the inquisitive raptor, she called out to the happy couple. "Katie Carter! Long time no see!"

[Rehearsal Dinner]

Katheryn looked up from where she was sat next to Caleb when she heard a familiar voice call her by a name she hadn't gone by since the time she shared a room with Ardy back at the Academy and sure enough there she was and smiled widely at seeing her old friend.

It also didn't surprise her to see her friend holding onto what looked like a Velociraptor attached to a leash and realised that it must be Steve who she had heard about. " Hey Ardy its good to see you and your just in time for the rehearsal dinner " she replied then turned to Caleb. " Caleb this is my old Academy friend Ardyn Jaeger".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[ Rehearsal Dinner ]

Caleb smiled as Katheryn introduced her to Ardyn. In any other case seeing someone holding a velociraptor would be a strange site, but he just shrugged it off. "It is nice to meet you. Who is your friend?" Caleb asked politely. Everyone around them was slowly sitting down. Any loneliness Caleb felt from his blood parents not being there was slowly wiped away. Especially when there was such good news that was going to be announced in a short while. He was anxious to spill the beans, especially as this next few days was momentous enough. His nerves would have to be quelled though as happiness took over and warmed his heart.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Ardyn Jaeger

Ardyn smirked again. "It's definitely a pleasure meeting you." She said, picking the little dinosaur up. "How's it been, Katie? I hope Starfleet has been treating you well. I haven't seen you since... I think it might have been that incident where I snuck out to access the classified section of the library on a dare. Man, it's been a while."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Katheryn Brighton

Katheryn thought the little dinosaur was adorable as Ardyn picked him up and smirked at Caleb, remembering the times her and friend spent together well especially when she mentioned the time she snuck out. Grinning at the memory before noticing that the Buffet had been opened by the wait staff.

They had decided on a more informal style for the rehearsal dinner rather than a full three course meal and it fit in with what they were going for the wedding itself and knew that her and Caleb would mingle with the rest of their guests once the announcement had been made. Turning her attention to Ardy as she answered her.

" It has been a while and who could forget that especially when I managed to delay the Dorm supervisor so you wouldn't be caught" she replied still smiling. " As for Starfleet its been treating me well, I'm Chief Sec/Tac and Second Officer aboard the Athena where I met Cal so life's really good and I'm glad you could make it".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[ Rehearsal Dinner ]

Caleb smiled as he listened in on the conversation. He was glad that the wedding was bringing in so many. He knew that some could not make the rehearsal dinner, which he was fine with. Once Caleb had noticed a lull in the conversation between the two ladies, he took a moment to address them. "Ladies, I think I am getting the signal from the kitchen that they are about to give out the food. We have a quick announcement as well. So we can chat later alright?" Caleb said politely.

Once Caleb and Katheryn had sat down he squeezed her hand as he stood up. "Good Evening everyone. We will be opening the buffet shortly to allow everyone to enjoy the food. However, Katheryn and I would like to make an announcement." He wanted her to continue just like they had planned. This was a happy occasion and it was about to get happier.

Katheryn Brighton

Katheryn smiled when Cal spoke to her and Ardyn before it was time for them to sit down and finally tell everyone gathered the news that they had kept to themselves for only a few weeks. To Katheryn it had felt longer after agreeing that they wanted to spend time enjoying it as just them until the wedding which they thought was the perfect time to announce it.

Looking up at her husband to be when he squeezed her hand before standing up and addressing the crowd hearing the pride and excitement in his voice knowing it was her turn to continue just like they had planned.

Getting to her feet she looked at those who had gathered for a moment then spoke her voice clear and happy. " My husband to be is correct and we wanted to share this with everyone after taking some time for us to adjust to the news as a couple but I can now tell you all that Caleb and I are going to be parents as I'm currently eight weeks pregnant with twins" she said taking hold of Caleb's hand once more as they waited for the reaction to their news.

Academy Commandant

Auzual Knox

[Sitting at table with strangers!]

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on December 30, 2017, 07:00:13 PM

"My husband to be is correct and we wanted to share this with everyone after taking some time for us to adjust to the news as a couple but I can now tell you all that Caleb and I are going to be parents as I'm currently eight weeks pregnant with twins" she said taking hold of Caleb's hand once more as they waited for the reaction to their news.

"TWINS?!"

Knox gasped as she spoke rather loudly and then stood up and began to clap, hoping to rouse a supportive applause from everyone. The whole event was so beautiful and this news added to the happiness, the proverbial cherry on the wedding cake.

It was interesting for Knox to observe the friends and relatives of Katheryn and Caleb. Of course all were dressed well and happy for them, but there was clearly something else going on than simply a wedding. However, she could not quite place it.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on December 31, 2017, 10:28:18 AM

[Sitting at table with strangers!]

"TWINS?!"

Knox gasped as she spoke rather loudly and then stood up and began to clap, hoping to rouse a supportive applause from everyone. The whole event was so beautiful and this news added to the happiness, the proverbial cherry on the wedding cake.

It was interesting for Knox to observe the friends and relatives of Katheryn and Caleb. Of course all were dressed well and happy for them, but there was clearly something else going on than simply a wedding. However, she could not quite place it.

[ Sitting at a table near Knox ]

Jenna's eyes went wide when she heard the news. Her and Molly joined Knox in standing up and cheering! It seemed that Molly and Jenna were in sync when they joined in Knox's reaction. She was so happy for Caleb and the thought of being an aunt to the little ones just made her smile.

She immediately thought about the Brighton's and what their reaction might have been. Jenna smiled widely and gave a thumbs up to Caleb who laughed and smiled back at her. In that moment they seemed to have a silent exchange. Not one of lovers like Caleb had with Katheryn, but something different.

Makayla egged Skol to stand. Though he was not one for emotions, he did understand the gravity of the situation. Being a father himself, he thought speaking to Caleb about what he went through would help him. One child was enough, but two was even crazier. With the way the family bloodline ran, there was a good chance that despite being less Vulcan than their father, one could show more Vulcan and the other one. If that was the case, he would work with both Caleb and the child to help understand. Skol was a mother's boy if a Vulcan could be one. That's where the heritage came from in the first place.

It was then Caleb and Katheryn sat down and said everyone was allowed to head and get food. Jenna walked over to Knox and said "I had sensed it right when I met up with him earlier. Katheryn was glowing," Jenna said. "I don't think I properly introduced you yet! Come with me before they get swarmed," Jenna said leading Knox over to go meet with the happy couple before things got too busy.

She gave Skol a reassuring nod that she would tell Caleb about the idea they had a few weeks ago with their call. She would need to be sure that everyone who was in on the conversation kept it to themselves. She was glad Katheryn was understanding of it all as well as Molly. If all went well, things would turn back to normal before the night was done and none would be the wiser.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Kirok

[Entering the party room]

EQ was not big on weddings.  But he was all about free booze.  So, he came.

The liberated Borg entered the room.  He didn't see anyone who he knew.  But then again, his eyes were focused on one thing one.

The bar.  No scratch that.  Open bar!

So, he sauntered up to the glorious display of alcohol.   An ice sculpture had been set up to cool down the liquors as they passed threw.  And there was no one in line before him.

"Whisky.  Make it a double.  Neat, but cold" he said to the bar tender.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Ardyn Jaeger

Ardyn let  out a long, low whistle, ignoring the wriggling Velociraptor in her arms. "Well then. It looks like you got quite the head start on things. Good luck. You're going to need it." She said, giving a deadpan grin to the couple. Suddenly, Steve slipped out. Realizing his freedom, he bolted, under chairs and straight towards the orange jello. Ardy reached out to try and catch him, but like his ancient predecessors on the hunt for prey, he dove into the bowl with gusto, downing the gelatin. Mortified, Ardyn quickly picked up Steve. If a velociraptor could look guilty, this one did. "So sorry about that. I'm still housebreaking him, as you can tell. I'll take him out."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Katheryn Brighton

Seeing everyone's reactions to their news made it all the more worthwhile in waiting to share it with friends and family and Katheryn beamed widely at not only the applause and cheers but just the loving atmosphere that seemed to radiate from everyone in the room. Knowing that they would get chance to speak to everyone again at some point, she took a moment as their guests started to move and help themselves to the food and drinks.

Looking over when Ardy spoke but before she could answer the little dinosaur made a run for straight for the orange jello and Katheryn couldn't help but laugh seeing his adorable face looking so happy and earning adoration from her parents who were nearby. When her friend then apologised " It's okay Ardy, we've had to do the same with our kitten Buddy" she called over " I have no issue with him staying and have some more orange jello brought out for him".

It was then Katheryn noticed someone she didn't immediately recognise heading over towards the bar until she realised it was the liberated Borg who had been at Admiral Kirok's reception where she had met Caleb. It was a pleasant surprise and wondered since he was at the rehearsal dinner if he would be staying for the wedding tomorrow and decided that her and Caleb should perhaps go over and greet him.

Turning to her beloved " I think we should go over and greet our newest guest" she said quietly " I believe he was there the night we met".

Academy Commandant

Auzual Knox

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on January 03, 2018, 08:41:51 PM

[ Sitting at a table near Knox ]
It was then Caleb and Katheryn sat down and said everyone was allowed to head and get food. Jenna walked over to Knox and said "I had sensed it right when I met up with him earlier. Katheryn was glowing," Jenna said. "I don't think I properly introduced you yet! Come with me before they get swarmed," Jenna said leading Knox over to go meet with the happy couple before things got too busy.

"Hello Jenna, that would be lovely - please do lead the way."

Knox wondered how Caleb and Katheryn would react to hearing about her having known his parents. As she walked through the room, it was clear that they certainly had an eclectic group of friends. Humans, Vulcans, liberated borg! Knox wondered if she would get the chance to talk with him.

Hello Caleb, I used to bounce you on my lap! No, Nazar, not that. Hello Caleb, your mother was so beautiful I recall that time in Risa when she. Nazar! Not that either. Caleb, cannot believe how big you are now! Ok, getting better. Caleb, Knox. Your parents would be so proud. Yes, that shall work.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.