Jaron's Free Time #1

Started by Jaron Man'dak, December 10, 2017, 03:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron Man'dak

[Holodeck]

Jaron enter the holodeck, and told the computer to load up his gladiator program. This program was one of his favorites. He would use various species' arenas listed in the computer. He would also use different scenarios available too.  Today he was thinking of using Earth's Roman Colosseum around 64BC local earth time. Yeah that would be good.

What scenario should he run? He was thinking a training program to refine his skills. He hadn't used his melee skills like this for a long time. Since back on Romulus, during his days as a teenager. He was probably 14 or 15. At any rate this will be fun.

Species: Romulan

ââ,¬ËœIhir ul hfihar rel ch'Rihan. Ihir ul Ortikant. Ihir dren v'talla'tor, plek Rihannsu r'talla'tor."

Jaron Man'dak

[Holodeck]

The program fired up. The scenery was very nice, for a holo program at least. If it looked even half like this in real life Jaron wishes he could visit for sure. No matter, he thought.

"Computer, set the safety protocols as low as you can without death or serious/major injury being a factor. I want this to be as real as possible. Oh, and if I'm to be bested, just pause the program before the killing blow is given." Jaron Said

PARAMETERS SET hummed the computer

"Start me in the Armory. I need to get my gear in order first." Jaron said

ââ,¬ËœIhir ul hfihar rel ch'Rihan. Ihir ul Ortikant. Ihir dren v'talla'tor, plek Rihannsu r'talla'tor."

Jaron Man'dak

[Holodeck; Colosseum Armory]

Jaron looked at the array of melee weapons. There was a lot of stuff. Polearms, axes, maces, and swards. He wasn't sure what to pick.

"Computer, create a Romulan Teral'n." Said Jaron

A moment later the Teral'n materialized out of nothing. The Teral'n was a Romulan staff weapon that had two retracting blades. Jaron figured that he should start with something familiar, since this was what he preferred in his younger days on Romulus.

"Ah, this will do nicely." Jaron said.

Jaron put the Teral'n through some basic sequences of movement from his memory.

"Yup, super rusty." Jaron said with a little worry in his voice.

Jaron Man'dak

[Holodeck; Colosseum Entryway]

Jaron walked up the entry way to the gate of the field. He could hear the crowd cheering and yelling various things. He couldn't understand most of what they were saying. He forgot that the local people of ancient earth were speaking a different language.

"Computer, what language are they speaking?' Jaron said, with wonder in his voice.

THE NATIVE LANGUAGE OF THE TIME WAS KNOWN AS LATIN the computer hummed back at him.

Jaron reminded himself to set aside some time to learn some of this Latin. That way he could at least feel some more authenticity in this program.

Standing before the gate he took a deep breath and waited for it to open.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.